Showing 1 - 25 of 579
- 2495Reviews4CoursesBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, and 43 more...Amsterdam, London, Lisbon, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Shanghai, Marseille, Chengdu, Bali, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Kyoto, Barcelona, Rennes, Zurich, Madrid, Oslo, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Seoul, Istanbul, Munich, Dubai, Santiago, Nice, Cologne, Lima, Casablanca, Angers, Mauritius, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Playa del Carmen, Online, Porto, Cape TownLe Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at over 40 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-tim... Read MoreLe Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at over 40 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-time course meets on weekday evenings and Saturdays. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, marketing managers, designers, academics, etc.) and more than 13,500 alumni worldwide, applicants join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity technical expertise makes the community unique. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Web Development Course - Full-time - Montreal
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Best Bootcamp ExperienceComing from a Business Administration background, I was looking for a career change into Tech. While looking for a web development bootcamp there were so many o ... Read MoreComing from a Business Administration background, I was looking for a career change into Tech. While looking for a web development bootcamp there were so many options to choose from. With previous bootcamp experiences, other bootcamps were online and lacked student/teacher engagement.... Read Less
After careful consideration of all the choices, I chose Le Wagon because they are different from the other bootcamps, Le Wagon was on campus.
Learning to Code at Le Wagon was a life-changing experience, This was the best learning experience I've had. I actually enjoyed learning with the Professors and TAs and loved engaging with different students every day. This showed me how to collaborate with other developers and build friendships and relationships with people sharing the same passion.
At first, I wasn't sure how I was going to adapt to a new career, but Le Wagon made it easy and showed me how much I loved coding and building projects.
I was fortunate enough to complete the course, have an AWESOME demo of our projects, make new friends, and GET A JOB! 2 weeks post bootcamp.
I'm very thankful for what Le Wagon has taught me and how much they helped me with their career services also.
5Student - Course: Web Development Fundamentals - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Great for BeginnersI decided to enroll to NuCamp because it was very affordable but after taking the course, i believe it was a great decision. I took the four-week web developmen ... Read MoreI decided to enroll to NuCamp because it was very affordable but after taking the course, i believe it was a great decision. I took the four-week web development class and i really enjoyed it, the instructor was very thorough and helpful as well. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get into web development.... Read Less
- 1325Reviews13CoursesSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online progra... Read MoreSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, tech sales, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through regular video calls. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Data Analytics Career Track - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A Boot Camp worth more than a Master's DegreeAfter going through the Springboard Data Analytics Career Track, I must say feel more complete as a data analyst. My mentor and career coach were fantastic and ... Read MoreAfter going through the Springboard Data Analytics Career Track, I must say feel more complete as a data analyst. My mentor and career coach were fantastic and they have really shaped my career. I would recommend this Boot Camp to anyone who wants to reboot his or her career.... Read Less
- 1293Reviews6CoursesCareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, data analytics, digital... Read MoreCareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, data analytics, digital marketing, and product management. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 months, or their money back.No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences. Read More
5Student - Course: UX Design Program - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: My experience so far with CareerFoundry!I am genuinely excited to review my experience with CareerFoundry so far!Let me give a quick intro about myself. My name is Meenu and I am from India. I recentl ... Read MoreI am genuinely excited to review my experience with CareerFoundry so far!... Read Less
Let me give a quick intro about myself. My name is Meenu and I am from India. I recently graduated with a Master's degree in Physics. During my penultimate year at university, I decided to change careers into UX design and quickly started researching short courses and bootcamps that I could afford at the time. Shortly after that, I read a medium article review of the UX design boot camp program at CareerFoundry and I was immediately hooked. I continued to research more about the program and the curriculum. Later, after comparing different boot camp programs regarding their curriculum, fee, and job opportunities after completing the program, I decided to go with CareerFoundry as it turned out to give me the most value for the fee that I am paying. Also, compared to so many other boot camps, I find the course fee at CareerFounry to be the most affordable for a 10-month program.
Something that attracted me to choosing CareeFoundry is that they are committed to providing a human-centered experience. I have been assigned a wonderful mentor and tutor who have given me immense support and encouragement from the beginning. I enrolled in the program even before I completed my degree and because of that, I had taken some time off in between. Both my mentor and tutor were truly supportive of this and later when I started doing the course full-time, they keep providing me with the most genuine feedback on every task that I have completed so far. It has been a truly grateful experience to have such great designers who have a lot of experience in the industry. As a career changer, it has definitely helped me move forward in this journey with courage and confidence. The curriculum is one area that I would like to see improved. The curriculum, in my opinion, is more focused on theory and writing, and sometimes there seems to be a lag between tasks. Considering this is purely my personal opinion, it is possible for other people to have different opinions than mine.
Last but not least, I can't conclude this review without mentioning my Student Advisors. Everyone is truly kind and supportive. I know from my own experience that they work truly hard to solve our issues without wasting any time. I am so glad to have the amazing Student Advisors that I have to share this journey with.
- 1290Reviews38CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Read MoreBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Read More
5Student - Course: Digital Marketing - Vancouver
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Invaluable knowledge, unmatched elsewhereStarting over at 41 has been quite daunting. I have had my eye on Brainstation for months and finally made taking a certification there possible. I am so happy ... Read MoreStarting over at 41 has been quite daunting. I have had my eye on Brainstation for months and finally made taking a certification there possible. I am so happy I did because I learned more in ten months than I did in college. The instructor answered any questions we had along the way and he gave real-time, industry examples. I'm so grateful to Brainstation for showing me that starting over isn't as scary as I thought. I cannot wait to take more courses!... Read Less
- 1114Reviews6CoursesFounded in 2012, App Academy is a software engineering bootcamp that offers courses both online and on campus in San Francisco and New York City. App Academy... Read MoreFounded in 2012, App Academy is a software engineering bootcamp that offers courses both online and on campus in San Francisco and New York City. App Academy is a world-renowned coding bootcamp that has placed over 5,000 alumni in Software Engineering roles at over 2,000 companies. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, including a Campus Software Engineering Program (16 weeks), a Full-Time Online Software Engineering Program (24 weeks), and a Part-Time Online Software Engineering Program (52 weeks). Read More
5Graduate - Course: 24-Week Online Full-Time Software Engineering Program - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Honest 24-Week Online Full-Time Software Engineer Program ReviewA little about me, my previous career I was a Registered Nurse, but wish I had always gone into software and eventually landed on coding bootcamps as my attempt ... Read MoreA little about me, my previous career I was a Registered Nurse, but wish I had always gone into software and eventually landed on coding bootcamps as my attempt to become a software developer. I found it incredibly difficult to decide on which bootcamp to attend given the rising number of bootcamps out there and the high risk of many being non-legitimate. Eventually I found a few that seemed to be solid bootcamps and ultimately chose to go with App Academy based out of San Francisco/New York. If you are in the same position as I was, then you probably have researched many reviews as well and come to find that it really goes 50-50 on whether to do a coding bootcamp or not to do one. So many people say its worthless and a waste of money and how you can learn it all on your own or to pursue a computer science degree instead. Me personally? learning on my own was not going to work. Having the structure and discipline a bootcamp provides was exceedingly beneficial, especially in how they slowly advance you in learning topics. When learning on your own you get very lost in where to start and what frameworks to pick up, you end up in a constant limbo of learning small things here and there but never really gaining true knowledge of how things work.... Read Less
I recently completed the 6-month online software engineer track with App Academy in April of 2022. Before I started this program I spent about a month with on and off learning through websites such as Free Code Camp, Codecademy, and youtube videos. Essentially, I came in with next to know knowledge of coding. Most bootcamps are designed for people with very little coding knowledge, and build them up to speed as fast as possible. As most reviews say, attending a coding bootcamp can be very difficult and will take up most of your time. I can attest to this, It will definitely take up almost all of your time for the time you are enrolled, but I promise you it is not as hard as they say it is, it is very doable. For the 6-month online program, it was mon-fri 8am-5pm and had tests on every monday in which you need to pass to advance to the next week. You can only fail the tests or the projects (there were 4 projects total) combined of 3 times. But don't let that scare you, so many people have done this and have been successful, and App Academy does a really good job of preparing you with practice tests and office hours. They have various payment methods, which usually comes out to be around 20-22k depending on how you choose to pay. They are on the higher end of the spectrum of bootcamp affordability, but in my personal opinion, well worth it.
With that said I had a great experience with App Academy and highly recommend them if you are searching for a well established bootcamp. One of the best features is that they have a career team that continues to do work shops and hiring events after you complete the program help you in your job search. I am not sure if other bootcamps do this, but this is a must, they help to keep you focused after you finish to keep learning and applying so that you will obtain that job. Don't be afraid if you do decide to choose App Academy and see that there are 100 people in your online cohort, within the first 3 weeks that number can drop in half with people deciding they don't like coding and people failing because they are not truly dedicated to learning. It is also true that most of the teachers/aides are previous students, do not be alarmed by this either, every single bootcamp does this. But do know that they have real experienced software engineers above them that also provide lectures and guide the curriculum to ensure that the correct things are being taught and that we are progressively learning. At the end of completing any bootcamp, don't expect to land a job within a few months, while it certainly does happen, it is definitely not the norm. You have to continuously work on projects/learn new concepts/study DSA/obtain certificates/ and most importantly do not stop applying to jobs. Completing the bootcamp is one part, the job search is a whole different monster, but I promise this bootcamp offers enormous help once you finish to land that job.
Sorry if some of my thoughts are random through this, I am trying to put down every thing I found to be important and what I wish I had knew before I started lol. All in all if you decide on App Academy it is absolutely legit, you will learn enormous amounts, and it will be incredibly fun if you love coding. As stated above I finished in April of 2022, I just now landed a remote software engineer job this month of November 2022, it took me 6 months to land my first job and around 1000-1200 job applications. Sounds like a lot right? Many people including Computer Science graduates have this same issue in the job search. It takes a while to land that first job because everyone wants experienced engineers. Its a crappy situation, but once your in, your in. Right now the average to land that job is 6 months, sometimes sooner, and sometimes later. But it is very cool to say that I made it, from Registered Nurse to Software Engineer. I'm sure you want to hear the salary as well, it was always annoying to see people who got jobs but never listed their salary, it would be incredibly helpful if they did. For me, I am starting out at around 70k. If your in a big tech city such as San Francisco you will easily be over 100k but remember cost of living there is insane. For an entry level position I am pretty happy with that salary, within a couple years it could easily jump to 150+, but ultimately I just want to learn and grow more with a great work-life balance, so money is secondary to me.
Final words, in case you were wondering if these reviews are fake or App Academy paid me to do this, they did not. That was another fear I had when searching, was that so many bootcamps had such great reviews lol. But this is absolutely my honest review, bootcamps are not for everyone, but if you truly do want to make the switch, be prepared with enough money to last you for a year, 6 months to do the program and 6 months to find a job. I hope this aides you in your search, and absolutely keep App Academy as one of your top choices if it is not already.
5Graduate - Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time) - Berlin
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Ironhack! A Rock-Solid Experience!!!I had an amazing experience from beginning to end. The amount of support I received is unparalleled. My classmates, teacher and teacher's assistant stay in cont ... Read MoreI had an amazing experience from beginning to end. The amount of support I received is unparalleled. My classmates, teacher and teacher's assistant stay in contact and support each other to this day. Ironhack gave me a glimpse into a world that was a mystery to me and taught me the tools needed to be a creative coder. It changed my life!... Read Less
- 912Reviews9CoursesThinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs... Read MoreThinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q sessions with industry professionals. Read More
5Student - Course: Engineering Immersion - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Software ImmersionThinkful was so helpful and I believe it was the solid foundation and starting point of my software development journey. I enjoyed studying with them and I fel ... Read MoreThinkful was so helpful and I believe it was the solid foundation and starting point of my software development journey. I enjoyed studying with them and I felt like it was thorough and the lessons were on point with relativity and being complete.... Read Less
Highly recommend to anyone starting out as a developer.
- 736Reviews47CoursesSimplilearn’s Masters Programs are intensive, online bootcamps for Full Stack Web Development, Data Science and Analytics, AI and Machine Learning, Big Data ... Read MoreSimplilearn’s Masters Programs are intensive, online bootcamps for Full Stack Web Development, Data Science and Analytics, AI and Machine Learning, Big Data Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Project Management, Digital Marketing, among others. Simplilearn’s efforts are focused on helping people acquire the skills they need to thrive in the digital economy. Each bootcamp comprises of live online classes from world-class industry practitioners and highly-rated trainers, integrated online labs, projects, case studies, industry masterclasses and 24/7 support to offer learners the best chance at succeeding in the professional world. This practical and outcomes-focused approach has resulted in 85 percent of learners reporting career benefits including promotion or a new job. Read More
5Student - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great sessions - ChristinaThe sessions were great with Christina for CB-DS - Tableau. She is extremely patient, and she answers all of the students' questions in details, even those ques ... Read MoreThe sessions were great with Christina for CB-DS - Tableau. She is extremely patient, and she answers all of the students' questions in details, even those questions outside of the curriculum, she takes time to look into those and comes back with an answer after class. Very good instructor, highly recommend.... Read Less
- 617Reviews39CoursesUdacity offers Nanodegrees which are online immersive full-time and part-time programs, ranging from 12-24 weeks in length for students worldwide. Nanodegree... Read MoreUdacity offers Nanodegrees which are online immersive full-time and part-time programs, ranging from 12-24 weeks in length for students worldwide. Nanodegree courses are available in subjects like data science, artificial intelligence, programming, autonomous systems, business, and cloud computing. Udacity's approach to talent transformation incorporates projects based on real-world scenarios, guided by personalized mentor support with a focus on in-demand digital competencies in areas like AI, cloud computing, cybersecurity, programming, data science, and more. The custom learning program enables students to learn at their own pace, and manage monthly payments for their programs to fit their budgets. Read More
5Student - Course: Digital Marketer - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great investment for Digital Marketing skills needed todayVery well put together and clear. I actually used Project 1 for a real world 2023 strategy. Worth it! I work in digital media sales and actively recruit cand ... Read MoreVery well put together and clear. I actually used Project 1 for a real world 2023 strategy. Worth it! I work in digital media sales and actively recruit candidates with these skills. The projects creat an environment to do the work, and really absorb the skills.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Software Development Online Full-Time - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: this is a BOOTCAMPAs an individual coming from NO computer background what-so-ever, I want to share my experiences.First of all, I have a great support system at home that allow ... Read MoreAs an individual coming from NO computer background what-so-ever, I want to share my experiences.... Read Less
First of all, I have a great support system at home that allowed me to focus 100% on this course for 4 months. I was able to take a recourse to prepare me for the full-time program.
The first month was HARD. I thought I was going to give up. The assignments are fast, and I spent all of my free time studying. It was difficult not to compare where I stood to others in my class. At my toughest moment, I reached out to my Career Services Manager and my TA. They both helped encourage me and offer support when I needed them.
I would say the most important take-aways for those looking to join the bootcamp: Make sure you have a support system. Don't compare yourself to others in the class. Stay dedicated and find the motivation behind why you're doing this.
Coding Dojo has great resources throughout the course, that continue on for 6 months after you graduate. There is also an option to pay more for a yearly alumni pass.
- 594Reviews19CoursesNew York City, San Francisco, Sydney, London, and 47 more...Washington, Seattle, Melbourne, Singapore, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Online, Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Raleigh, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Toronto, Paris, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Edinburgh, Manchester, Adelaide, Calgary, Vancouver, Halifax, Columbus, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Louisville, Miami, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, San Jose, Tampa, Buffalo, WinnipegGeneral Assembly offers short and long courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more, online and in-person, across 15 camp... Read MoreGeneral Assembly offers short and long courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more, online and in-person, across 15 campuses in 4 continents. Focusing on the most relevant and in-demand skills across data, design, business, and technology, General Assembly is confronting a skills gap and providing access to opportunities in tech. General Assembly offers a breadth of different course offerings and classes range from full-time immersive courses for learners that want to switch to a new career, to part-time courses for learners that are looking to improve their career trajectory by acquiring a new skill set, and mentor-led online circuits for a more flexible way to acquire foundational skills. Read More
5Student - Course: 2. Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Difficult, Fulfilling, and Life ChangingThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking t ... Read MoreThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking to learn full stack Web Development. The Instructors and TA's are top notch, friendly, and helpful!... Read Less
- 552Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Read MoreFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Data Science - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Got me my dream jobLike many others have said, what you get out of the bootcamp experience is what you put into it. They will support you but no one will hold your hand — you need ... Read MoreLike many others have said, what you get out of the bootcamp experience is what you put into it. They will support you but no one will hold your hand — you need to be highly-motivated and interested in the discipline you're studying. However, I would also add that the reality is it is also what you bring into it. By that I mean you will be far more likely to land a decent job in a reasonable timeframe out of bootcamp if you have impressive and relevant higher education credentials and/or (ideally and) impressive work experience. The experience doesn't have to be related to the field you're going into but if you can show you've done previous professional (white-collar) work competently, then it will make things easier. That's not to say you can't land a good job without one or both of these, but it will be harder. For those without previous professional work experience or an undergrad degree at a top-tier college (or stand-out resume at a lower-tier) I would probably say that you are better off spending the time going for a master's degree because you will be competing with a lot of people who do have those things. If you are strictly interested in learning the subject matter though, then I'd recommend it to almost anyone — you will learn a lot.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Software Engineering Immersive Program - Los Angeles
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Hiring support still amazing 3 years later!I've been working as an engineer in the industry for over 3 years now. Whenever I needed help/advice with negotiating my salary Eric Kirsten has ALWAYS been the ... Read MoreI've been working as an engineer in the industry for over 3 years now. Whenever I needed help/advice with negotiating my salary Eric Kirsten has ALWAYS been there for me. I've been able to negotiate upwards of 15K on my first job acceptance, and 15% pay bumps every year after (thanks to Eric's advice). Not only that, as of my latest job hunt I was able to negotiate over 15K just on the base (not including bonuses and pay bumps)! Eric is an absolute gem of a resource, his advice has already paid Codesmith's tuition 2-3 times over!... Read Less
- 507Reviews2CoursesEdureka offers instructor-led, live online bootcamps in Full Stack Web Development (8 weeks) and AI & Machine Learning (44 weeks). The Full Stack Web Dev... Read MoreEdureka offers instructor-led, live online bootcamps in Full Stack Web Development (8 weeks) and AI Machine Learning (44 weeks). The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp is completed in 8 weeks, and requires a time commitment of 20-30 hours per week. The AI Machine Learning bootcamp is completed in 44 weeks, and requires a time commitment of 8-10 hours per week. Read More
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: TabaluaeI took the Tabluae Certification Training Courses & some other Courses . I found the all course contents, videos, and presentation slides very well organized a ... Read MoreI took the Tabluae Certification Training Courses & some other Courses . I found the all course contents, videos, and presentation slides very well organized and presented in an easy-to-understand way. The instructors are very hard-working, supporting, and engaging and made us understand the contents of the course, especially the complex topics, very clearly for us. Overall, I have found learning experiences at Edureka fun so far.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Web Development - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Learning first, equipping students for successThis Bootcamp is designed to teach students to learn coding basics and fundamental skills, and its project-oriented hands-on approach is highly effective at ena ... Read MoreThis Bootcamp is designed to teach students to learn coding basics and fundamental skills, and its project-oriented hands-on approach is highly effective at enabling students to continue to learn afterward. I came from almost zero coding experience and now have the ability to build full-stack web apps and code in four different languages, with experience in two frameworks. Still, more importantly, I have the ability to dive into new technologies and languages and continue to broaden my skills.The job-hacking portion of the curriculum has also been invaluable. It's interwoven in the curriculum from day one, and by the end of the Bootcamp there are numerous resources to use for networking and mentorship, and students are empowered with a guide to help map out a job search plan, with access to the same career counselor that's been working with you throughout the Bootcamp as you search for jobs afterward.The small cohort size creates a learning environment that is engaging and promotes community and truly allows interaction with instructors to ensure that potentially difficult material is understood.I could not recommend this Bootcamp enough to anyone that is truly interested in learning to code and wants to dive into software development as a career!... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person - Cincinnati
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great Life-Changing ExperienceTech Elevator thoroughly prepared me to enter the tech job market. They taught me the technical skills to be proficient in interviews and junior level positions ... Read MoreTech Elevator thoroughly prepared me to enter the tech job market. They taught me the technical skills to be proficient in interviews and junior level positions as well as provided ample resources to find a job that suited me. The staff was very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and demonstrated this effectively. They did a fantastic job of fostering a challenging yet supportive environment for all the students looking to make a new career in tech. My life has changed trajectory for the better thanks to the Tech Elevator program and the people I met going through it. I highly recommend Tech Elevator to anyone looking to break into tech.... Read Less
- 414Reviews2CoursesSkillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the sel... Read MoreSkillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech. Read More
5Student - Course: (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Best Coding Bootcamp for Career ChangersIf you are a career changer, Skillcrush is the BEST program out there. You will not find a better, more cost-effective bootcamp experience out there. I signed u ... Read MoreIf you are a career changer, Skillcrush is the BEST program out there. You will not find a better, more cost-effective bootcamp experience out there. I signed up for two tracks: Frontend Developer and the Get Hired Tracks. It cost exponentially less than every other option out there that provides live support and access to coaching.... Read Less
The Frontend Developer track was very comprehensive and gave me substantive practice with many of the latest technologies. As you work towards completing each topic, Skillcrush provides regular checkpoints throughout the curriculum with a real person who can provide real-time feedback as you progress through each topic, making you feel confident about the code you have written and providing guidance if you are stuck. There are also live Q&A sessions available multiple times a week and a lively Slack channel that essentially provides 24/7 support. The portfolio projects showcase that you know how to build using the latest technologies and have been carefully designed to be great practice and great material for LinkedIn and applications.
The Get Hired track provided amazing guidance, particularly as a career changer. The units helped me convert my existing resume and LinkedIn profile to one that looked like I belonged in the software industry. In fact, Skillcrush's advice was so effective that recruiters from major companies reached out to me. In addition to the unit content, you also have access to a weekly coaching session for 12 weeks where you can share your progress (or lack thereof), get advice, and receive support. This was a very worthwhile investment to make in addition to the curriculum to help me locate jobs and be as prepared as possible for the interviewing process.
Thanks to Skillcrush, the process from starting the first lesson to the job offer was five months. I not only got a job offer from a major company, but Skillcrush also coached me on how to increase my salary and benefits upward. I cannot more highly recommend Skillcrush and their team. They guided me from start to finish towards a new career that will change life for myself and my family. Check them out - you won't be sorry!
- 383Reviews21CoursesThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland cam... Read MoreThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland campus.The Tech Academy offers bootcamps in computer programming, website development, cybersecurity, game development, mobile development, data science, and front-end development. The immersive experience aims to create well-rounded technology professionals, and also gives students the option to take the course at their own pace. There are also no set starts dates or rigid scheduling. Students can enroll at any time, study from home, and choose whatever study schedule they would like. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Online Software Developer Boot Camp (full-time) - Portland
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Learned a ton in a short timeI attended the Fulltime full stack developer bootcamp for about 6 months and spent about 40 hours a week dedicated to it. I learned a tremendous amount and felt ... Read MoreI attended the Fulltime full stack developer bootcamp for about 6 months and spent about 40 hours a week dedicated to it. I learned a tremendous amount and felt that the instructors were very patient and genuine people.... Read Less
- 375Reviews1CourseMakers Academy is a highly selective, 16-week, full-time program which teaches web development online and in hybrid cohorts at their campus in London, Englan... Read MoreMakers Academy is a highly selective, 16-week, full-time program which teaches web development online and in hybrid cohorts at their campus in London, England. Makers Academy is creating a new generation of tech talent who are skilled and ready for the changing world of work. The academy is inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking potential in people for the benefit of the 21st-century business and society. At the core, Makers combines tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives. The academy accepts only exceptional applicants into the course. While they are highly selective, they focus on a student's passion for becoming a developer by gauging their coding experience. Makers Academy also offers apprenticeships in Software Engineering and DevOps. Read More
5Graduate - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: brilliant fun bootcampI have just finished Makers' 12 weeks full-time immersive coding bootcamp and I really enjoyed it.My aim was to change career and become a software developer. I ... Read MoreI have just finished Makers' 12 weeks full-time immersive coding bootcamp and I really enjoyed it.... Read Less
My aim was to change career and become a software developer. I already had some coding experience before the course, but a few people on the course also didn't have any experience.
Towards the end of the course you create two big engineering projects in teams of 3-6 students, which is very intensive but very fun and helps you put everything learned into practice or use your learning skills to pick up a new coding language and develop an app with that. You learn how to learn effectively as a team - just like in a coding job, to plan together, support each other, divide up work and merge it later. There is a number of great workshops during the course where coaches give you live examples of how a concept works, you can ask questions and see how an experienced coder approaches a problem. The coaches are all very friendly. If you are stuck - especially in the first weeks - there is always plenty of time to ask a coach for help. The coaches then often guide you towards how you could test your code to find the problem and look up a solution independently - this is really great, because you learn how to become independent.
I completed the course as part of a remote cohort - that means I interacted with all the other students and the coaches mostly via zoom and the fantastic chat platform Slack. This worked really well and I don't think I would have learned more if I had been doing the course in person in the office in London. However, there was the opportunity on most days for people from the remote cohort also to go into the office an work from there, which I didn't use, as I don't live in London. Being in connection with the students and the coaches online everyday helped hold me accountable for my learning, so I coded about 7-10 hours every day and made really quick progress.
Now, at the end of the course I feel I really understand how to write high-quality code and can call myself a software developer, although I haven't got a job yet.
After the bootcamp is finished there is a dedicated careers team that will support you with the job hunt, help you learn how to write applications, CVs covering letters and prepare you for interviews with regular workshops. It seems they support you until you find a job - but I have only just graduated, so I can't say this from my own experience. Most other alumni I spoke to seem to have found a job as a junior developer within the first 3-4 months after graduating.
- 353Reviews14CoursesFullstack Academy is a tech bootcamp that offers immersive online programs for web development, cybersecurity, data analytics, DevOps, and product management... Read MoreFullstack Academy is a tech bootcamp that offers immersive online programs for web development, cybersecurity, data analytics, DevOps, and product management. Fullstack Academy was founded in 2012 and also offers the Grace Hopper Program, an immersive software engineering course for women and non-binary students, in addition to partnerships with leading universities nationwide. Read More
5 - Course: University of North Florida Cyber Bootcamp - Part-Time - Jacksonville
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Overall ExperienceMy overall Experience with Fullstack was very good. The Instructor I had Stephen Mathews was great at communicating the material in a way we could understand an ... Read MoreMy overall Experience with Fullstack was very good. The Instructor I had Stephen Mathews was great at communicating the material in a way we could understand and input his real life experience in the field. The Cyber mentor Dawon Han was excellent at being flexible whenever you needed help. She was an excellent mentor and aid. Finally my Career coach Kim Wood was very Instrumental in my locking in a job 5 months after the bootcamp. She helped tailor my resume, LinkedIn, and gave me Networking Strategies and always held me accountable and pushing me to achieve my goal. Any question I had, she was proactive at getting back to me in a timely manner and to help me succeed.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Python Software Engineering - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: FantabulousI went through the bootcamp and have to admit it was challenging. There were a lot of times I didn't feel like I was going to be able to come through but with t ... Read MoreI went through the bootcamp and have to admit it was challenging. There were a lot of times I didn't feel like I was going to be able to come through but with the support that is offered and the amazing people that run and mentor the bootcamp they made it all possible and helped me understand everything that I needed to understand to complete my assignments and capstones. Highly recommend them.... Read Less
- 335Reviews22CoursesVirginia-based IT training school, Clarusway offers online bootcamps in three main program tracks: AWS DevOPs, Full Stack Development, and Data Science. Boot... Read MoreVirginia-based IT training school, Clarusway offers online bootcamps in three main program tracks: AWS DevOPs, Full Stack Development, and Data Science. Bootcamps can be completed in 24-36 weeks depending on the student’s incoming skill level. Clarusway is committed to helping individuals attain practical knowledge through affordable and effective IT training programs. Clarusway programs include mentorship programs, peer-learning, and project-based group study methods. Students gain requisite classroom knowledge paired with the necessary hands-on skills demanded by today’s tech industry. Read More
5Student - Course: Cyber Security Analyst Professional - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Cyber Security PathAlthough I have started from scratch in the IT field, I am deeply satisfied to be a student in the Clarusway family. After gaining theoretical knowledge in the ... Read MoreAlthough I have started from scratch in the IT field, I am deeply satisfied to be a student in the Clarusway family. After gaining theoretical knowledge in the first module, we are experiencing practical skills in the second module now. Highly motivated instructors, mentors and teaching assistants support us to improve our cyber skills with hands-on activities, workshops, teamworks, capture the flag(CTF) activities and so on. I am totally satisfied to pursue a new career with Clarusway. Along with live-classes, having mentoring sessions and carrier management service(CMS) contribute to us invaluable soft skills. I have learned how to create a LinkedIn profile, resume and interview preparation in these sessions. I am thankful for Clarusway as a cyber security analyst trainee.... Read Less
- 330Reviews8CoursesDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instruc... Read MoreDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instructors, and WeWork memberships are included at no additional charge for students needing a place to study. Read More
5Graduate - Course: DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Full-Stack Immersive ProgramI was referred to DigitalCrafts by an alumni who has successfully become a developer after graduating from this program. I attended the 16-week immersive full- ... Read MoreI was referred to DigitalCrafts by an alumni who has successfully become a developer after graduating from this program. I attended the 16-week immersive full-time online web development course. I loved my instructor (she is extremely knowledgeable and intelligent!) and loved learning Python and React. I selected to attend DigitalCrafts because they were a top bootcamp that included Python in their curriculum. DigitalCrafts also provides small scholarships to women and minorities, which I qualified for and was helpful with the tuition. Overall, I had a great experience, and after graduation was hired on as a TA, which I really enjoy! The only feedback I have is that it seems most people that apply are accepted into the program. I think there should be a higher standard for admissions, but, I also think this happens with bootcamps in general. 5-Stars!... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: 12-Week Software Engineering Immersive - Austin
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Great ExperienceI had a great experience at Hack Reactor. I appreciated the preparation that was required before enrolling in the course because it gave me a chance to see if I ... Read MoreI had a great experience at Hack Reactor. I appreciated the preparation that was required before enrolling in the course because it gave me a chance to see if I like coding before committing to the immersive.... Read Less