coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps and data science bootcamps with campuses in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on ASP.NET, C#, MVC, JavaScript, JQuery and more. The Python + Data Science bootcamp covers Python, SQL, React, JQuery, Numpy, and more. Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry standard application and get hands on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (136) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (13) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Full Stack Immersive Web Development

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. For the .NET course, we’ve focused on a set of mature technologies created and maintained by Microsoft, as well as several open-source libraries. The languages covered in this course consistently rank as some of the most-popular and in-demand across several different indexes. Furthermore, The Coding Temple instructors feel that the ease-of-use and capability of these development tools are some of the best available. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain the knowledge required to consider themselves full-stack software developers.
    • In House Financing
    • Lending Partner: Skills.Fund
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansPay in full Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / GuaranteeGuaranteed job within 6 months of graduation or full tuition reimbursement
    ScholarshipYes
  • Full-Stack Python + Data Science

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing
    Lending Partner: SkillsFund
    Deferred Payment: SkillsFund
    Income Share Agreement Available
    Tuition PlansIn House Financing Lending Partner: Skills.Fund Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
  • Online Full-Stack Python + Data Science

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing

• Support Engineer
    - 11/24/2020
    Aaron A.  User Photo
    Aaron A. • Support Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    As a professional with over 6 years of business-side experience, and a first-generation American, Coding Temple has been a great bridge for me to break into IT in the US. I tried my absolute best during the pre-work, class, and after-Bootcamp ramp-up, and now I am happily employed in the sector even though there's a global pandemic going on.

The curriculum, materials, and choice of technologies covered in class, paired with hands-on projects and additional resources, all together make Coding Temple an excellent choice for anyone interested in starting a career in tech. Python is a versatile, glue-like language with a tremendous community behind it, and because it's so human-readable, it's a great stack, to begin coding with.

Joel was an excellent instructor, incredibly patient, and knowledgeable. On the other hand, my classmates added tremendous value to the class, and I felt guided throughout the entire process.

I'm very happy to have chosen Coding Temple and look forward to staying active within the ecosystem to help other Coding Templer's along the way!

• Sam Davitt  User Photo
    Sam Davitt • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I was looking for a bootcamp that provided hands-on project based learning, lots of individual attention, and thorough career coaching and job assistance. I had coding knowledge from college courses, but was looking to gain project building experience. Coding Temple hit all of those marks. I completed their 10-week Python and Data Science bootcamp and came out of it with a portfolio of work, interviews for software engineering jobs, and confidence in my ability to take on technical interviews. In addition, the staff at coding temple are all knowledgeable, easy to work with, and just fun! I could not recommend Coding Temple more.
  • A Great 10 Weeks
    - 10/26/2020
    Tev. S  User Photo
    Tev. S • N/A • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After graduating from Coding Temple's 10-week online Python course this October, I can say it's definitely worth your time for anyone who's on the fence.  The curriculum covers many different and very useful tools in a very short amount of time. You can go from knowing nothing at all to building out full web applications if you put in the time and effort. It will amaze you how much material you'll be able to take in and how competent you'll feel at the end of the 10 week period. One thing I appreciated was the small class sizes. My class consisted of 9 students and 1 very thorough instructor. Every class is recorded and available for you even after graduation. This will be a massively helpful tool for you moving forward. There will ALWAYS be time for you to ask questions and get help with things that may be giving you trouble. There are also TA's and other instructors who will be available to help you outside of class hours, as well as career coaches who will help you with the soft skills (Interviewing, applying effectively) that will definitely be helpful during your job search once you're a post-grad. Make sure you have lots of time to dedicate to coding during the time you're enrolled. Following along as your instructor demonstrates is always helpful, but most of the learning happens outside the classroom!
  • John Thuet  User Photo
    John Thuet • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My Coding Temple Python + Data Science Class was an incredible learning experience. The instructor was extremely patient, always available to help, and used industry examples to make the learning real. Coding Temple was also incredibly supportive in the job search which started before the course ended. With millions of Americans losing jobs during the pandemic, I'm happy to report that I found a position and hit my salary goal in a completely different field thanks to my learning at Coding Temple. More than learning isolated skills, I developed the ability to approach problems like a data scientist and I use that skillset every day in my new role.

• Lauren  User Photo
    Lauren • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A big concern for many when choosing a bootcamp is whether or not they think it will help them get a job when it's over. I chose Coding Temple because interview preparation and training was built into the curriculum. The entire team at Coding Temple went above and beyond to make sure I was ready to be a paid software engineer when it was over. This component alone is worth the investment because I received a job offer in less than two months during COVID. I don't know of any other programs or careers paths that would have given me a faster ROI than I got at Coding Temple.
  • Shivani P  User Photo
    Shivani P • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Coding Temple's online Full Time Python + Data Science 10 week course. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience! First and foremost, I am so happy that they offer an online version of this course, it is extremely efficient and beneficial to be able to learn from anywhere. Having very little knowledge of programming, it seemed daunting at first, but the teachers at Coding Temple are so knowledgeable, patient and willing to help you succeed. Ripal was incredibly helpful in sending supplemental information for any area that I was struggling with, which really helped me better grasp a lot of the material. The course curriculum was very well thought out, allowing students to learn in the most effective way in 10 weeks without being overwhelmed. In addition to the online course, homework is assigned to test your knowledge outside of class. Although the assignments were difficult, the hands on experience helped me practice what I had learned in class. Coding temple also helps you prepare for your job search by helping you build your resume, reviewing technical interview questions with you and bringing in recruiters from a wide range of companies.
    Overall I had a great experience and I would definitely recommend signing up for this course to anyone who is interested in kick starting their coding career!
  • Michael W  User Photo
    Michael W • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    First things first, I attended the Part Time Online Coding Bootcamp at the Coding Temple in January.  Overall I would highly recommend this course.  It is not for the faint of heart and does take time that will need to be dedicated to succeed but if you do it will be well worth it.

For me, programming has always been a passion. Starting with my first exposure to C++ in college.  This passion grew over the years with me developing android application for the various companies I was with as well as arduino projects.  Nothing high level just mainly tools to accomplish my various tasks and stuff for fun.  Prior to becoming a developer I had a very successful career in systems engineering.  Working with a wide variety of scanners, laser CNC machines, and robotics.  So for me the thought of changing careers was that of a pursuit of happiness rather than a urgent need.

Now the choice of picking a bootcamp is not an easy choice.  What I wanted was simply to do an in-person bootcamp (something the coding temple offers).  However with my travel schedule I thought I was stuck with having to only consider bootcamps that were fully online.  No hybrid (online/onsite) options.  Then I found out about the Coding Temple.  The Part Time Online Bootcamp that Coding Temple offers is something special.  I was able to get the training in what ever state I was in at the moment and local training at the Chicago facility when I was home.  I was even able to sit in on some of the lectures with the fulltime students.  My instructor Derek was fantastic and really knew what he was talking about and the guys at the Chicago facility were always available and ready for any questions.  As a massive bonus is the job placement, and the guys at the Temple really take that seriously. Now your experience may vary but I was able to lock up an offer prior to finishing the bootcamp in the middle of the pandemic in 2020.

In conclusion, this course was challenging and takes a lot of time after work but if you can push through it and really apply yourself the results are not only worth it but extremely rewarding as you work though the various projects.

• Nathaniel Scholnick  User Photo
    Nathaniel Scholnick • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Coding Temple's 10 week web development course in person in Boston, Fall 2019.
    First and foremost, I should qualify my experience in that I had a math degree prior to taking this course. This is absolutely not a prerequisite for success, but relative to my peers and others' testimonies it is absolutely contributed to a softer learning curve and thus a less stressful, more enjoyable experience. All my classmates were also well educated, tech savvy, and had minimal (but some!) coding experience prior to taking the course. None of us faltered much, but this is 100% because of those preexisting competencies. If you genuinely have no experience with logical problem solving, low computer literacy, etc. then you need to build more of a foundation before the course starts. In this case, I'd recommend reaching out early as Ripal has tons of excellent pre-course resources!
    As for the course, the best part was the instructor. Everyone will agree here. Connor was excellent. It is however disappointing for all you prospective students that he now works as a developer. The curriculum was good. By default the weekend projects don't get reviewed or graded very rigorously, but they're good about having someone available with whom to review your work more thoroughly.
    Bootcamps are a very new and rapidly growing industry, and this can be felt. Coding Temple has a b it of disorganization and growing pains, but overall is highly professional. For example, course hours are shorter than advertised and there isn't much infrastructure in place to handle unexpected events, such as the instructor getting sick. That said, they work hard to serve their students and do not give off shameless money-seeking vibes like a lot of bootcamps. Their transparency in terms of graduation career placement statistics and post-grad resources are a great testament to this.
    Finally, and this is the real reason anyone would be considering this avenue and reading this: career placement. They work. Now I am a very lucky example in that I was hired in an immediate offer at my first interview, but with a few months of persistence almost everyone lands a desirable job. The biggest way they helped me was fluffing my resume. Basically skirting the line of how much low-key lying is acceptable in the corporate world. At the end of the day your success is in your own hands, but both in terms of concrete resources and less tangible emotional support, Coding Temple makes a very strong offering.
  • Maksim Khatamov  User Photo
    Maksim Khatamov • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Hello feature programmer. My name is Max. I attended to Coding Temple and have ZERO regrets. At first I wasn't sure if I will make it due to how borring and easy courses in college were. I though I would stop going mid way and my money would be wasted. However, I quickly learned that it wasn't a case at all. Everyday I was challenged with interesting tasks and questions. I enjoyed working, doing research and competing with fellow classmates as well as working and sharing what we know. It felt very great actually learning not just for the test but for actual experience. The professor was amazing. He had a lot of experience and was not an easy going on you. He would not give you answers. He would make you work for it until you did as much research you can and as much work as you can. He taught us the real world programming and not easy stuff that college offers. Would recommend this anytime.

• Patrick Nedumackal  User Photo
    Patrick Nedumackal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I don't think I'll ever go through a course or even put in an environment where everyone around you has your back and is looking out for you to ensure your success. One of things that stuck out to me was throughout the course one of the instructors said "Once you're apart of Coding Temple, you're apart of Coding Temple for life". And it's crazy how true that statement is because they're always checking up on you if you need anything, if you want to learn anything else, if you have any questions on your current situation or even if you just want to hang out with them. Throughout the course a numerous amount of alumni would always come in just to hang out, learn, and do work there so it really is a family environment where they all genuinely want the best for you and for everyone else. They made learning the different aspects a priority and were always available post class hours if you had any questions on the material. All the resources anyone would ever need is provided by them and they always look out for you. Greatest decision I ever made.

• Paul Klein  User Photo
    Paul Klein • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I enjoyed my time at Coding Temple, and definitely feel like I got an education worthy of the money spent. Connor is a great, knowledgeable teacher, and could answer just about any questions we had for him. He helped us do mock interviews to prepare for real job interviews, and was available for support whenever we needed it. My only real complaint is that I wish the class had a little more structure, or at least that we stuck more closely to the structure initially laid out. I can't really complain though, since the important part is the education, and I do really feel qualified for a job in this field now, which is all I was really looking for. Overall, definitely recommended! The small class sizes are a huge plus as well.

• Liam R  User Photo
    Liam R • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came to coding temple with no prior programming experience. What appealed to me most were the small class sizes; there were 6 of us in the cohort. Connor, our instructor, challenged us and was happy to answer any question we had. After 10 weeks, I feel that I have enough knowledge to be employed as a full-stack software developer.