coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps and data science bootcamps with campuses in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on ASP.NET, C#, MVC, JavaScript, JQuery and more. The Python + Data Science bootcamp covers Python, SQL, React, JQuery, Numpy, and more. Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry standard application and get hands on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (141) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (14) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Full Stack Immersive Web Development

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. For the .NET course, we’ve focused on a set of mature technologies created and maintained by Microsoft, as well as several open-source libraries. The languages covered in this course consistently rank as some of the most-popular and in-demand across several different indexes. Furthermore, The Coding Temple instructors feel that the ease-of-use and capability of these development tools are some of the best available. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain the knowledge required to consider themselves full-stack software developers.
    • In House Financing
    • Lending Partner: Skills.Fund
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansPay in full Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / GuaranteeGuaranteed job within 6 months of graduation or full tuition reimbursement
    ScholarshipYes
  • Full-Stack Python + Data Science

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing
    Lending Partner: SkillsFund
    Income Share Agreement Available
    Tuition PlansIn House Financing Lending Partner: Skills.Fund Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
  • Online Full-Stack Python + Data Science

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing

- 2/26/2021
    Terrell  User Photo
    Terrell • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    About me:

I had been in and out of a very non committal relationship with coding for about 3 years when I started with Coding Temple.

I've learned mostly from sites like Free Code Camp and Udacity and have often felt dissuaded from completing the programs by the lack of  community support. When I came to Coding Temple, I had zero experience with python, and had never built and hosted anything outside of templated Wordpress sites.

About the Program:

It starts with the Pre-work: 8 chapters of an introductory Python book and a couple of web pages on html and css. I feel like getting this introduction gave me loads of context for the program. I wasn't an expert on the concepts afterwards but as we learned and the instructor explained things in class I felt pretty comforted by the fact that I had been introduced to these concepts prior.

Class moves quickly and that's what I was hoping for. Things that I found most supportive were:
    1.  Having classmates who were also present and serious about coding.
      •  It was great to know that I wasn't the only one struggling sometimes and I learned a lot of things collaboratively.
    2.  Instructors were helpful, direct, and knowledgable.
      •  Joel is the savant you'd hope for as a teacher in this type of program. He had a well studied answer for nearly every question, and developed resources for the class as we were learning to highlight the concepts that we asked enough questions about.
    3.  Coaching and help on the problems from TA's who've been there.
      • The TA's were great too. I don't wanna say that they helped to dumb it down but they helped ground things and provided feedback and support on completing the projects and assignments.

It's not just that I learned a lot of the tools and processes for engineering that makes me grateful for Coding Temple, I really feel like I've learned how to learn things on my own. I approach projects and problems differently now and feel like completing this program is a huge milestone along the path to becoming the developer who I want to be.
  • Matthew Meyerink  User Photo
    Matthew Meyerink • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    In my opinion the hardest part about cracking the barrier to entry in the software field is being able to know what to focus on and when. Coding Temple provided great structure for both professional development and for the job search. It was very helpful to have the curriculum of the program to follow to make sure I was learning the things that I needed to know to break into the field.

The instructors are knowledgable and do a good job of walking through a few key projects. These projects are great to learn from so you can move forward and create your own personal projects to highlight on your resume. My one complaint about the curriculum is there were fewer large weekend projects than I would have liked and the data structures/algorithms practice was minimal. This is not a huge deal, it is just important to make sure you put in time outside of the bootcamp on these things so you are ready for the job search.

My favorite part of the bootcamp was the job search. They do a great job of helping you write your resume and providing important structure to the job search to maximize your results. They are very open with communication so if there is something you need help on you can always reach out. I specifically found their career coach Marlene to be a huge help. She was able to help coach me through interviews and negotiations so that I made sure I was in the best situation possible before I signed a final offer. I was even able to negotiate a much better starting salary with her help!

In short I am very happy with my time at Coding Temple. It definitely accelerated my path to a job. It is just important to keep in mind throughout that the curriculum and the job search they provide can only get you halfway there. You need to make sure you are also working to learn on your own outside of the bootcamp and reaching out when you need help to maximize the resources they can give you! When it comes to learning computer science skills you get out of it what you put into it and the same applies for Coding Temple. Put in the effort day in and day out and Coding Temple will help you on the path to getting a good job in the field.
  • George Reynolds  User Photo
    George Reynolds • Senior Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I was looking for a bootcamp that offered hands-on project based learning, job assistance and career coaching, and could be completed within a reasonable timeframe. I had some previous programming experience from school and work, but wanted to brush up in a few areas. After reading several reviews about top-rated data science/coding programs, I decided to enroll in Coding Temple's 10 week, part-time Python and Data Science bootcamp.

I must say it more than exceeded my expectations.  I was particularly impressed by the rigor and comprehensiveness  of the coursework as well the instructor's knowledge and helpful nature. Even though it was only part time, it sometimes felt like a full time job given the workload and project deadlines! 10 weeks is a short time to learn all the topics advertised and the program achieved that by:
    1. Pre-work Assignment
    2. Daily in-class "whiteboard" problems
    3. Weekly CodeWars problems
    4. Several technical assessments
    5. Weekly homework/projects

Although I cannot yet rate the job assistance part, I am confident I can combine my newly acquired skills to find new employment. The project portfolio you build over the duration of the course is crucial to that and a good way for prospective employers to view your work. Several sessions are also arranged with career coaches and program alumni during the 10-week period.

Overall, the program was challenging, the projects were rewarding and the people were all friendly and helpful.

Some recommendations/disclaimers I have are:

1) Offer more options (i.e., courses) to those outside the Central Time Zone or at least offer an asynchronous format. The course went beyond the normal 3 hour class time on several occasions.

2) Cater towards engineers and those with a more scientific background; offer a course devoted entirely to data science, data analytics, numerical methods, machine learning. There will certainly be a demand.

• Support Engineer
    - 11/24/2020
    Aaron A.  User Photo
    Aaron A. • Support Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    As a professional with over 6 years of business-side experience, and a first-generation American, Coding Temple has been a great bridge for me to break into IT in the US. I tried my absolute best during the pre-work, class, and after-Bootcamp ramp-up, and now I am happily employed in the sector even though there's a global pandemic going on.

The curriculum, materials, and choice of technologies covered in class, paired with hands-on projects and additional resources, all together make Coding Temple an excellent choice for anyone interested in starting a career in tech. Python is a versatile, glue-like language with a tremendous community behind it, and because it's so human-readable, it's a great stack, to begin coding with.

Joel was an excellent instructor, incredibly patient, and knowledgeable. On the other hand, my classmates added tremendous value to the class, and I felt guided throughout the entire process.

I'm very happy to have chosen Coding Temple and look forward to staying active within the ecosystem to help other Coding Templer's along the way!

• Sam Davitt  User Photo
    Sam Davitt • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I was looking for a bootcamp that provided hands-on project based learning, lots of individual attention, and thorough career coaching and job assistance. I had coding knowledge from college courses, but was looking to gain project building experience. Coding Temple hit all of those marks. I completed their 10-week Python and Data Science bootcamp and came out of it with a portfolio of work, interviews for software engineering jobs, and confidence in my ability to take on technical interviews. In addition, the staff at coding temple are all knowledgeable, easy to work with, and just fun! I could not recommend Coding Temple more.
  • A Great 10 Weeks
    - 10/26/2020
    Tev. S  User Photo
    Tev. S • N/A • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After graduating from Coding Temple's 10-week online Python course this October, I can say it's definitely worth your time for anyone who's on the fence.  The curriculum covers many different and very useful tools in a very short amount of time. You can go from knowing nothing at all to building out full web applications if you put in the time and effort. It will amaze you how much material you'll be able to take in and how competent you'll feel at the end of the 10 week period. One thing I appreciated was the small class sizes. My class consisted of 9 students and 1 very thorough instructor. Every class is recorded and available for you even after graduation. This will be a massively helpful tool for you moving forward. There will ALWAYS be time for you to ask questions and get help with things that may be giving you trouble. There are also TA's and other instructors who will be available to help you outside of class hours, as well as career coaches who will help you with the soft skills (Interviewing, applying effectively) that will definitely be helpful during your job search once you're a post-grad. Make sure you have lots of time to dedicate to coding during the time you're enrolled. Following along as your instructor demonstrates is always helpful, but most of the learning happens outside the classroom!
  • John Thuet  User Photo
    John Thuet • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My Coding Temple Python + Data Science Class was an incredible learning experience. The instructor was extremely patient, always available to help, and used industry examples to make the learning real. Coding Temple was also incredibly supportive in the job search which started before the course ended. With millions of Americans losing jobs during the pandemic, I'm happy to report that I found a position and hit my salary goal in a completely different field thanks to my learning at Coding Temple. More than learning isolated skills, I developed the ability to approach problems like a data scientist and I use that skillset every day in my new role.

• Lauren  User Photo
    Lauren • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A big concern for many when choosing a bootcamp is whether or not they think it will help them get a job when it's over. I chose Coding Temple because interview preparation and training was built into the curriculum. The entire team at Coding Temple went above and beyond to make sure I was ready to be a paid software engineer when it was over. This component alone is worth the investment because I received a job offer in less than two months during COVID. I don't know of any other programs or careers paths that would have given me a faster ROI than I got at Coding Temple.
  • Shivani P  User Photo
    Shivani P • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Coding Temple's online Full Time Python + Data Science 10 week course. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience! First and foremost, I am so happy that they offer an online version of this course, it is extremely efficient and beneficial to be able to learn from anywhere. Having very little knowledge of programming, it seemed daunting at first, but the teachers at Coding Temple are so knowledgeable, patient and willing to help you succeed. Ripal was incredibly helpful in sending supplemental information for any area that I was struggling with, which really helped me better grasp a lot of the material. The course curriculum was very well thought out, allowing students to learn in the most effective way in 10 weeks without being overwhelmed. In addition to the online course, homework is assigned to test your knowledge outside of class. Although the assignments were difficult, the hands on experience helped me practice what I had learned in class. Coding temple also helps you prepare for your job search by helping you build your resume, reviewing technical interview questions with you and bringing in recruiters from a wide range of companies.
    Overall I had a great experience and I would definitely recommend signing up for this course to anyone who is interested in kick starting their coding career!
  • Michael W  User Photo
    Michael W • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    First things first, I attended the Part Time Online Coding Bootcamp at the Coding Temple in January.  Overall I would highly recommend this course.  It is not for the faint of heart and does take time that will need to be dedicated to succeed but if you do it will be well worth it.

For me, programming has always been a passion. Starting with my first exposure to C++ in college.  This passion grew over the years with me developing android application for the various companies I was with as well as arduino projects.  Nothing high level just mainly tools to accomplish my various tasks and stuff for fun.  Prior to becoming a developer I had a very successful career in systems engineering.  Working with a wide variety of scanners, laser CNC machines, and robotics.  So for me the thought of changing careers was that of a pursuit of happiness rather than a urgent need.

Now the choice of picking a bootcamp is not an easy choice.  What I wanted was simply to do an in-person bootcamp (something the coding temple offers).  However with my travel schedule I thought I was stuck with having to only consider bootcamps that were fully online.  No hybrid (online/onsite) options.  Then I found out about the Coding Temple.  The Part Time Online Bootcamp that Coding Temple offers is something special.  I was able to get the training in what ever state I was in at the moment and local training at the Chicago facility when I was home.  I was even able to sit in on some of the lectures with the fulltime students.  My instructor Derek was fantastic and really knew what he was talking about and the guys at the Chicago facility were always available and ready for any questions.  As a massive bonus is the job placement, and the guys at the Temple really take that seriously. Now your experience may vary but I was able to lock up an offer prior to finishing the bootcamp in the middle of the pandemic in 2020.

In conclusion, this course was challenging and takes a lot of time after work but if you can push through it and really apply yourself the results are not only worth it but extremely rewarding as you work though the various projects.

• Nathaniel Scholnick  User Photo
    Nathaniel Scholnick • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Coding Temple's 10 week web development course in person in Boston, Fall 2019.
    First and foremost, I should qualify my experience in that I had a math degree prior to taking this course. This is absolutely not a prerequisite for success, but relative to my peers and others' testimonies it is absolutely contributed to a softer learning curve and thus a less stressful, more enjoyable experience. All my classmates were also well educated, tech savvy, and had minimal (but some!) coding experience prior to taking the course. None of us faltered much, but this is 100% because of those preexisting competencies. If you genuinely have no experience with logical problem solving, low computer literacy, etc. then you need to build more of a foundation before the course starts. In this case, I'd recommend reaching out early as Ripal has tons of excellent pre-course resources!
    As for the course, the best part was the instructor. Everyone will agree here. Connor was excellent. It is however disappointing for all you prospective students that he now works as a developer. The curriculum was good. By default the weekend projects don't get reviewed or graded very rigorously, but they're good about having someone available with whom to review your work more thoroughly.
    Bootcamps are a very new and rapidly growing industry, and this can be felt. Coding Temple has a b it of disorganization and growing pains, but overall is highly professional. For example, course hours are shorter than advertised and there isn't much infrastructure in place to handle unexpected events, such as the instructor getting sick. That said, they work hard to serve their students and do not give off shameless money-seeking vibes like a lot of bootcamps. Their transparency in terms of graduation career placement statistics and post-grad resources are a great testament to this.
    Finally, and this is the real reason anyone would be considering this avenue and reading this: career placement. They work. Now I am a very lucky example in that I was hired in an immediate offer at my first interview, but with a few months of persistence almost everyone lands a desirable job. The biggest way they helped me was fluffing my resume. Basically skirting the line of how much low-key lying is acceptable in the corporate world. At the end of the day your success is in your own hands, but both in terms of concrete resources and less tangible emotional support, Coding Temple makes a very strong offering.
  • Maksim Khatamov  User Photo
    Maksim Khatamov • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Hello feature programmer. My name is Max. I attended to Coding Temple and have ZERO regrets. At first I wasn't sure if I will make it due to how borring and easy courses in college were. I though I would stop going mid way and my money would be wasted. However, I quickly learned that it wasn't a case at all. Everyday I was challenged with interesting tasks and questions. I enjoyed working, doing research and competing with fellow classmates as well as working and sharing what we know. It felt very great actually learning not just for the test but for actual experience. The professor was amazing. He had a lot of experience and was not an easy going on you. He would not give you answers. He would make you work for it until you did as much research you can and as much work as you can. He taught us the real world programming and not easy stuff that college offers. Would recommend this anytime.