coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React, Data Structures, Algorithms, and more.  Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry-standard application and get hands-on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final Capstone Project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (240) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (29) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Self Paced Flex Software Engineering

Coding Temples Online Software Engineering program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Coding temple’s 10-week full-stack development course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, analyze, debug and deploy completely functional web applications.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize
    • Bread

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months access $7500 for 6 months access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Full-Time Online

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. The average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns.
    Deposit$1,000
    • In House Financing
    • Deferred Payment Plans
    • Lending Partner: Ascent, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) GI Bill In-House Financing Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee100% Money Back Guarantee
    ScholarshipContinuing Education Scholarship - $500 • Equality Scholarship - $500 • Veterans Scholarship - $500 • Women in Tech - $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online

Deposit$1,000
    Installment Plans
    Deferred Payment Plans
    Lending Partners: Affirm, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    In House Financing
    Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) Bread In-House Financing Long Term Financing
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • From zero to hero!
    Dennis Luangraj  User Photo
    Dennis Luangraj • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I absolutely enjoyed my time learning Software Engineering from Coding Temple. From first phone interview to post graduation. The application, learning, and career support are amazing. I went from zero coding experience to actually understanding and building applications. It was a great price for the time learning. It is a 10 week intensive process, which was perfect for someone who could stay out of the work force for long. Shout out to Terrell and Ryan for being the best and the amazing cohort and friends I gained. The curriculum is Python and JavaScript, and learning both frontend and backend frameworks. Every week, you are learning something different and applicable. There are whiteboards that everyone gets the spotlight on and you are aided by the teachers. They were always readily available, and really want you to succeed. Post graduation, the career support is great also. I am learning a lot just from the mock interviews and guest speakers who were just in our shoes. Highly recommend!
  • Great School
    Sheldon   User Photo
    Sheldon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    From knowing nothing about coding to having a very solid base and amazing support. What they say at the start is show up and put in effort and if you do that you will get what you want out of it. It's fast and a lot of information. What I wish I did was each week write down what I didn't understand so once everything was done I can have a list to start and go though. Loved the school, teachers and everything else. Highly recommend Coding Temple!
  • Highly Recommend
    Dominic Pelino  User Photo
    Dominic Pelino • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had zero software development experience when I enrolled at coding temple, but as promised that was not a problem. The staff is constantly available for the students and care about the success of each individual. The course is time consuming and takes a lot of time and focus, but I believe Coding Temple covers more material and better prepares the individual for a job than most other bootcamps out there.
  • Software Developer
    - 5/11/2022
    Hamed Omidiran  User Photo
    Hamed Omidiran • Application Management Associate • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The overall experience was really good. It was fun working on numerous projects, both individually and in teams. I got a job after my time there and so far, i've used only a bit of knowledge from the bootcamp at my job. It's definitely on the pricey side, so only proceed if you are sure it's what you want to do. The instructors were really helpful and take their time to help you learn.
  • Adrian Henriquez  User Photo
    Adrian Henriquez • Software developer 1 • Student Verified via GitHub
    I recommend getting up to a month or more in w3 schools or Coding temples prework before getting immersed in coding temples bootcamp , it will help you a lot. But if you are in a time crunch I still recommend it but I recommend that you at least know whether you want to do back end or front end and focus on that. I recommend full stack much later down the road unless you are already experienced. I loved the class and my class mates, I learned a ton and I am very happy with my investment, and I also got a job which alone is why I signed up. I got it around 2 months after the bootcamp. There are a ton of resources after the bootcamp which makes this bootcamp really stand out to me. The career coach is really phenomenal as well. All coding temple staff are honestly great. But please understand that you have to put in the work, it is not a magic pill. Utilize all resources and attend everything, extract as much information and as you can and ask as many questions as you can. Understand that this is a big boost compared to learning on your own. To be honest I probably would of never made it this far learning on my own. But even after the bootcamp you are going to have to put in the work.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I was working on/dreaming of a career change to software for about 5 years. I was taking college courses part time while working a stress filled full time job as the sole provider in the house. After a family health crisis, I decided to start looking at coding bootcamps to help speed up the transition.

I found Coding Temple on Course Report after spending a few weeks looking through different options. I chose them based on the fact they teach python, they offer a 12 week part time, and they have a solid reputation. Let me tell you, I am happy I chose them.

The course was a lot of work. You learn a ton in a short time, but it was exactly what I was looking for. It provided the structure I needed to make this career change happen. I had to work my butt off, but my instructors - Shoha and Dylan - were awesome and were always super responsive. When my cohort ended, I wanted it to continue, even though I was putting ~40 hours a week on top of a full time job.

Software engineering, programming, and tech in general is not for everyone. You get out what you put in, and this is not an easy ticket to a high paying career. All of the information in any bootcamp's course is available for free all over the internet, and you certainly can try to learn on your own. For me the bootcamp style was a perfect fit, and I would choose Coding Temple again. I have recommended CT to a couple people already.

If I had to make a complaint, it would be that I wished they would have pushed a little deeper into algorithms and data structures. That is mostly due to my specific interests. Software is an ever-growing field, and in 12 weeks CT provides a great intro into all of the aspects. 12 weeks just isn't enough time to really get deep into those computer science heavy subjects. Also, it is likely that a large percentage of people won't ever need to know that stuff, so it makes sense why they only touch on these subjects.

Overall, if you are ready to break into tech and put in the work Coding Temple is a great choice, and one I'm glad I made just a few short months ago.
  • Shakti Shah  User Photo
    Shakti Shah • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I was unsure how I would fare going into the bootcamp but 2 weeks after graduation, I can say that I had an amazing time learning and implementing new technologies. My instructors (Derek and Lucas) were very knowledgable and always ready to help. The cohort was also amazing and everyone was ready to help each other. I loved that after class, we had an hour long session where we could go and clarify questions/concerns about anything we covered. I loved the check-in with Nicole to make sure we were not going crazy and discuss any hurdles we faced. It was not EASY. There is a lot to learn and there are projects every week. Some can be completed in a day but others take the whole weekend. There is homework daily but if you're paying attention in class and are willing to read documentation, you will be fine.

As previously mentioned by many, you only get what you put in. I can honestly say I learned a lot but I also cancelled many plans during the weeks and on weekends to make sure I was grasping the concepts we learned. Not everything will or can be taught in a 10 week timeframe but the way things are taught, prepare you to be able to learn and implement new technologies. The idea is to start thinking why something is being done, instead of blindly doing it. The white-boarding questions also help tremendously with making you comfortable writing code and solving algorithmic problems. For the first 5 weeks we focused on Python and then JavaScript. Codewars is a must and I recommend anyone going into the program, to definitely try and solve 2-5 problems everyday so you can start picking up strategies as to what approach to take for specific problems. Instructors are always there to help and encourage everyone to solve the problems and get a deeper understanding of approaching a problem.

I would also recommend getting some familiarity with Flask and React (framework) as that can be a challenging week. It's not the end of the world if you go into it green as I did but it helps to know a little when starting off. Expect to write a lot of code but this is the way of the coder and I'm glad through all the homework and assignments, I felt ready when it came to code from scratch.

Our career advisor Marlene is also amazing, she is the most energetic and enthusiastic person I've met. She is always positive and helps you through every step of the way. She is always available but she expects you to also take the initiative and reach out when you're struggling. I really appreciate her approach and she always makes time to give you clear and concise feedback. She helped me with my resume and my LinkedIn which is the most important for job search.

Overall I can say this was one of the most challenging things I've done but I'm better because of it. I will recommend Coding Temple to anyone looking to change their career and wanting to get into software development.
  • Best School Ever!
    - 3/25/2022
    Caleb Reeves  User Photo
    Caleb Reeves • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Kevin and Alex are the best teachers! I have disliked school my entire life but Kevin and Alex made it fun and they're support helped me learn quick! I don't when they sleep because they're always available to help when my classmates are I needed it. They're courses are interactive and we learned to make really cool things!

I would gladly pay for another class and hope they have more advanced classes soon! I wish I had done this 10 years ago. Being a programmer at 20 would have put me on a much better path!
  • Kevin Stewart  User Photo
    Kevin Stewart • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This program helped me go from zero coding ability/knowledge at the beginning of 2022 to having a solid grasp of the fundamentals needed to create functional web applications from scratch (frontend to backend), in addition to data base and data analysis competency.  I was amazed at how much content we covered in just 10 weeks, and that we were able to do so thoroughly and holistically.  If you are ready and willing to give yourself 100% to a bootcamp this course will deliver for you.  Everything they teach and assign is doable so long as you bring your best effort and stay on top of assignments (a fast but reasonable pace).  Highly recommended for anyone wanting to get into tech but not knowing where to start!

• Josh Silvernale  User Photo
    Josh Silvernale • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Going into this program I had 0 experience with coding! none whatsoever!!! Brandon made learning all the information a lot of fun and understandable, and at the end I had learned things that I never in a million years thought I'd understand.  One critique I'd have with the self paced program is giving students the ability to get the pre-work done before the actual start of the course.  Outside of that... It was an absolutely amazing experience and I can't wait to see where my career goes from here!
  • Allison Arciniega  User Photo
    Allison Arciniega • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before starting Coding Temple I was unsure of whether I would be able to learn all the different things that I’ve read about. That quickly changed when I started my curriculum. From day one amazing instructors and mentors keep in touch with you and help you feel comfortable taking this big leap. From great instructors, to the after class study sessions, fun challenges and real life projects Coding Temple as a whole sets you up for success. The course is quick and full of information. They set you up for success at every turn. Even after graduation there is a team of wonderful people to help you land your dream job! There is an endless flow of great information. I’m glad I saint stop myself from signing up!  I would do it all again in a heartbeat.