coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React, Data Structures, Algorithms, and more.  Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry-standard application and get hands-on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final Capstone Project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (260) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (33) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Self Paced Flex Data Analysis

LocationOnline, Chicago
    Coding Temples Online Data Analysis program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Our Data Analysis program allows you the depth and breadth of tools to uncover insights from data.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months of access $7500 for 6 months of access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Self Paced Flex Software Engineering

Coding Temples Online Software Engineering program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Coding temple’s 10-week full-stack development course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, analyze, debug and deploy completely functional web applications.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize
    • Bread

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months access $7500 for 6 months access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Full-Time Online

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. The average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns.
    Deposit$1,000
    • In House Financing
    • Deferred Payment Plans
    • Lending Partner: Ascent, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) GI Bill In-House Financing Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee100% Money Back Guarantee
    ScholarshipContinuing Education Scholarship - $500 • Equality Scholarship - $500 • Veterans Scholarship - $500 • Women in Tech - $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online

Deposit$1,000
    Installment Plans
    Deferred Payment Plans
    Lending Partners: Affirm, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    In House Financing
    Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) Bread In-House Financing Long Term Financing
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Kyler Ramsey  User Photo
    Kyler Ramsey • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Coding Temple has a culture of hard work and honesty. You will get out of the bootcamp exactly what you put into it. If you're looking to make a career change into Software Engineering / Development, the instructors and career assistance staff will be there to back you up every step of the way.

I remember having a lot of concerns while looking for the right bootcamp, and one of my biggest ones was that as soon as I graduated, I was on my own. This is not the case at Coding Temple. When you graduate there are live lessons nearly every day, 1 on 1 meetings you book with instructors, and infinite job support from Marlene and Nate.

If you have any doubts about Coding Temple, let Ripal give you a call, I spoke with him before signing up, and he lays out how to program works from A to Z.

P.S. Request Lucas Lang as your head instructor if you can!
  • Tatiana Jeon  User Photo
    Tatiana Jeon • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a true beginner coming from a completely different background, I am so glad I went with Coding Temple. They have unbelievable support here for their students and also for their graduates. The staff are amazing, the instructors are down to earth, relatable, endlessly patient, and knowledgable, the post grad support is unlike anything I've ever expected, just above and beyond. My only regret is not joining sooner!
  • Laura-Ashlee Kotelman   User Photo
    Laura-Ashlee Kotelman • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose this program for their fast pace, price, and post-graduation job finding support. They did not disappoint. The best prt of this program is how administration took the students feedback about the learning process and implemented systems and changes on the fly to help us succeed. I had the joy of working in a cohort with Lucas Lang as lead instructor. He is an incredible guide and mentor. I just graduated, but Marlene is already dedicated to guiding us through the next steps.  Boot camp is still a boot camp. It's hard, but Coding Temple makes it worth it.
  • I recommend
    - 7/25/2022
    Joseph Madenjian  User Photo
    Joseph Madenjian • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Coding Temple will take you where you want to go. It is hard to see progress in yourself until its exceptionally obvious, but trust the reviews and the program. For me, the structure, and expert guidance was the allure for this camp and I was not disappointed. Brian was an excellent teacher, with patience and kindness. You can expect long hours, and if you do not have any coding experience, it will be very difficult. This will likely be the most studious weeks of your life, and if you are considering anything other than studying and sleeping, it might not be the choice for you. There will be a plethora of study material, so you will get what you make of the program. The training is excellent, but it will also provide a foundation to learn more on your own very effectively adding on to the value of the camp. This career field is one where there is constant learning and growth, so consider this as well. In addition to great instruction, the after class Alumni Group is very active. In the Alumni Group, you can work on your resume, advance your skills, and connect with many like minded individuals. I highly recommend this course, for anyone looking to get into software development as a career.
  • grad
    - 7/20/2022
    Matt Rowland  User Photo
    Matt Rowland • grad, job seeker • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I had a great experience at Coding Temple. Before enrolling in C.T., my coding / web design experience dates to at least 15 years ago. I was overdue for a re-introduction to the wonderful world of web development.

I like how C.T. emphasizes both the material subject matter (the curriculum) AND the job search process itself, and how -- once one passes/graduates the program -- one becomes availed of ongoing education AND career advice.

I found a focus here, while also gaining an introduction to a wide array of topics.

With the help of the alumni staff, I'm assessing my strengths and taking time to study and delve in to areas of interest and areas for improvement, with ongoing support.

My advice to future students would be to "code along" in Jupyter Notebook or VS Code during the first 5 weeks, but by the weeks where we study Flask, React and Express, perhaps use class time to just "observe"...  There's so much happening, and so much building on the previous material, that trying to code along and troubleshoot and cut/paste. etc risks missing important points of instruction with regard to the advance of new material...

Either way, however, all class lectures are available to review indefinitely (at 1.5 x speed!)... But since my instructor consistently uploaded to github the relevant files for each day's class, there's no urgent need for the student to "code along" at the expense of "big picture" understanding -- during the somewhat accelerated Flask, React, Express weeks.

Sometimes, (personally) by the time I realized I needed after-hours help, the available TAs were already booked. But that I'm sure is a labor concern, not a quality concern. For most of the time, help was available and they were definitely knowledgeable and positive.

Another thing I appreciate about C.T. is the general vibe / community of proactive, enthusiastic ppl helping each other along, no matter what stage, nor real/perceived obstacles. I do appreciate that community in Slack.

• Schadre Dent  User Photo
    Schadre Dent • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Brandon Apol, Christian Askew, Kevin Beier, first and foremost I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work and dedication as instructors. You personally made coding temple an amazing experience for me via video. I'd do the whole course again and again, and even recommend it to a friend! Self pace was a wonderful experience for me because of the videos and the hands on guidance from each of you.
    I came to coding temple looking for a chance to break into tech and I received so much more than just a chance. I receive the skills to become a professional student and researcher, understanding the space to always grow and learn more. I love the support and positivity I received in my whiteboard sessions with Christian, the awesome commentary every video with Brandon to keep me alert, and the great food choices for how codes by Kevin in the pre-work. 10/10 would recommend, I love the work coding temple is doing for people like me! Thank you!
  • Jared Nance  User Photo
    Jared Nance • Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into Coding Temple with almost no coding experience, spurred by a desire for career path change, and I would recommend it. As several other reviewers have mentioned here, the program (like most things in life) provides the most to those who take full advantage of what it can offer.

I appreciated the structure of daily lessons and routine assignments and the accessibility of the instructors. Students should realize that there is an unending supply of technical detail and that it cannot possibly all be covered – much less in 10 weeks. How to react to this reality? Ask questions, do additional research, and follow the path of technologies that pique your interest. You can show up and sit silently in the background and you will maybe/probably do fine, or you can embrace the full experience and excel.

Personally, I enjoyed the challenge of the classwork/projects, but found my desire to focus specifically on coding after graduation tepid (I was probably an outlier of my cohort in this sense). However, I now had a list of skills and the demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and apply them, which I parlayed into a consulting job with a software company.

Understand that this is not just a 10 week process – those who got the best jobs most quickly from my cohort continued to hone their technical abilities after graduation and put considerable effort into applying and interviewing – these truly are separate skills to be learned. The post graduate support is far beyond what I assumed it would be and benefited me greatly. I met routinely with Marlene (the career coach) who gave unending advice and helped push me to rethink my potential. A special thanks to her.
  • Katelyn Mehner  User Photo
    Katelyn Mehner • Lead Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This was the best experience! If you are looking for a career change or would like to find your niche in coding, this is a Coding temple place to start. I graduated with a BA in Economics and had no real job prospects. I wanted to go into Data Analytics (so thinking that a coding boot camp was the next logical step) I took the leap to enroll in the full-time full-stack development (remote) program. I fell in love with software engineering and now have a position as a lead software engineer only one month after finishing the program.

Let me start off by saying, this program (like everyone else will tell you) "is what you put into it". Some students in my class went above and beyond on every project, while others completed what was required and did just fine. Expect to be on zoom Monday-Thursday from 9:30 - 4:00 CT. Some days will end sooner than others depending on that week's curriculum. Your TA is also available after class, in addition to a night TA. Friday is a project day where you have a lot of freedom, but the instructors will be available to help throughout the work day. Although you can avoid coding this day, I definitely recommend getting the weekend project done since you can immediately contact your teacher when you get stuck.

Brian, my instructor, was the absolute best. He was incredibly knowledgeable and prepared for class, introduced topics in a way that wasn't terrifying, and was patient with his instruction. Looking at online tutorials after finishing the program,  the way he taught things is better than 90% of the material on the internet (easy to do and understand). I often reference his code. You can also engage with other students in the slack channel which is really great for your support system with my program being online. They have daily challenges, guest speakers, and codewars events.

Curriculum wise, everything you learn is very useful. I found that the first couple of weeks I had more time than I budgeted (according to reviews). This is a good time to dive into syntax and get up your points on codewars. I spent the most time coding during Flask and React weeks. Be prepared for those weeks to make you question everything you know. Once it does click you will regain that confidence, it's just a lot of information to learn at once.

After you graduate, you get moved to the Alumni channel where they have weekly review sessions. Nate teaches technical interview topics 3 times a week, where you can cover advanced topics from class more thoroughly. Marelene is your career coach to help you go over linkedIn, job resources, and resumes. You can also hear from alumni going through the interview process and how the hiring process went for others.
  • From zero to hero!
    Dennis Luangraj  User Photo
    Dennis Luangraj • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I absolutely enjoyed my time learning Software Engineering from Coding Temple. From first phone interview to post graduation. The application, learning, and career support are amazing. I went from zero coding experience to actually understanding and building applications. It was a great price for the time learning. It is a 10 week intensive process, which was perfect for someone who could stay out of the work force for long. Shout out to Terrell and Ryan for being the best and the amazing cohort and friends I gained. The curriculum is Python and JavaScript, and learning both frontend and backend frameworks. Every week, you are learning something different and applicable. There are whiteboards that everyone gets the spotlight on and you are aided by the teachers. They were always readily available, and really want you to succeed. Post graduation, the career support is great also. I am learning a lot just from the mock interviews and guest speakers who were just in our shoes. Highly recommend!
  • Great School
    Sheldon   User Photo
    Sheldon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    From knowing nothing about coding to having a very solid base and amazing support. What they say at the start is show up and put in effort and if you do that you will get what you want out of it. It's fast and a lot of information. What I wish I did was each week write down what I didn't understand so once everything was done I can have a list to start and go though. Loved the school, teachers and everything else. Highly recommend Coding Temple!
  • Highly Recommend
    Dominic Pelino  User Photo
    Dominic Pelino • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had zero software development experience when I enrolled at coding temple, but as promised that was not a problem. The staff is constantly available for the students and care about the success of each individual. The course is time consuming and takes a lot of time and focus, but I believe Coding Temple covers more material and better prepares the individual for a job than most other bootcamps out there.