12 Best Coding Bootcamps in Seattle
5Student - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Best coding bootcampNucamp web development fundamentals coding bootcamp is really great choice for people who do not know anything about coding and just starting this path. They ... Read MoreNucamp web development fundamentals coding bootcamp is really great choice for people who do not know anything about coding and just starting this path. They have very simple teaching methods with easy to understand learning lectures and workshops so you start your coding journey with excitement.... Read Less
I definitely recommend Nucamp web development fundamentals bootcamp to anyone with any kind of knowledge who also looking to get some little idea if coding is the right way to go with..
- 223Reviews49CoursesCode Fellows is a technical skills training academy in the Pacific Northwest that offers full- and part-time software development, ops and cybersecurity cour... Read MoreCode Fellows is a technical skills training academy in the Pacific Northwest that offers full- and part-time software development, ops and cybersecurity courses online and in-person from their Seattle, Washington location. Code Fellows guides people from all backgrounds to change their lives through fast-paced, career-focused education. Since their first cohort in 2013, Code Fellows has taught over 1,600 graduates and iterated on their curriculum and format to ensure students receive the most industry-relevant training as effectively and efficiently as possible. Code Fellows shapes passionate learners with immersive training to meet industry needs and improve diversity. Students are immersed in their learning with daily lectures, pair programming, weekly presentations from full-time instructional staff who are seasoned industry professionals, one-week project sprints, and more. Code Fellows graduates work at Amazon, Microsoft, Zillow, Expedia, XBOX, NIKE, Amazon, Starbucks, Nordstrom, and over 800 other companies. Read MoreTyler Housden
5Student - Course: Ops 201: Foundations of Computer Operations (Full-Time, Online) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great ExperienceFound codefellows through the vettec program. After trying a previous course I was hesitant, but glad I made the decision to enroll. The ops course builds your ... Read MoreFound codefellows through the vettec program. After trying a previous course I was hesitant, but glad I made the decision to enroll. The ops course builds your IT knowledge with a good foundation and adds on top of that each day. Would recommend to anyone looking to start a career in IT.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: C# and React (Part-Time) - Portland
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Fun, interactive, challenging, but learned a lot.Pair programming and building a network in the tech community was extremely helpful. Our cohort will have lasting and supportive connections together. The curri ... Read MorePair programming and building a network in the tech community was extremely helpful. Our cohort will have lasting and supportive connections together. The curriculum at Epicodus was thorough and put me in a solid position to look for work in tech. I’m very grateful for the experience.... Read Less
- 67Reviews12CoursesData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, a... Read MoreData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, and provides comprehensive, hands-on training that helps students jump into practical data science, including R programming, AWS, and Azure tools. The in-person course can be completed in five days, and the online course can be completed within 14 weeks. Bootcamp students are trained in machine learning concepts, and deploy predictive models as a service, complete an IoT (Internet of Things) project, and enter a Kaggle competition. The curriculum is taught by experienced data scientists covering both data science and data engineering. All students participate in an in-class Kaggle competition against their peers. Read MoreTatyana S.
5Graduate - Course: Remote Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp - Seattle
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: 16 Week Remote DSDojo Bootcamp16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thoroug ... Read More16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thorough. The lessons and homework flow very intuitively. The modules covered build on concepts in a way that really helps with understanding. The instructors really promote class interaction which is good for tackling these topics in such a short time, getting our engagement rather than simply lecturing at us. They also encourage participation in a class Kaggle competition, which helps with additional free-form practical application of the concepts covered in class (plus some friendly competition for motivation). Most importantly, the instructors are very interactive, hands on, and passionate. They want to see every cohort succeed in their learning and you can see the labor of love that goes into teaching us, providing quality content both in the sessions and via the course site. This really sets them apart from other bootcamps, especially those provided online.... Read Less
The course covers all the hot topics in the Data Science field, grounding in the perspective that the bootcamp is looking to prepare students with a broad range of experiences. I appreciate the context they provide and the thought that went into exposing us to a little bit of everything and the skills to jump in.
- 46Reviews10CoursesJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online.... Read MoreJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online. The JUMP curriculum covers Salesforce, React, and ETL. JUMP bootcamp was founded by Cognixia, a digital transformation and training company, and its mission is to bridge the gap between the demand for qualified IT professionals and the supply of qualified tech workers. Students work, learn, and train with industry experts who have led tech companies. JUMP is committed to the career success of its students and does this through projects that help them understand the implementation of technology in real-life situations. Students will also learn soft skills, such as how to navigate the nuances of work-life and other interpersonal abilities that will make them more attractive to prospective employers. JUMP's Coaching Service helps with resume formatting, interview best practices, and professional self-development. Read MoreAndrew Smith
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Informative, Friendly, Progress drivenI have nothing but positive things to say about the JUMP experience! When I got my bachelors, it was more of a focus on the core fundamentals of Computer Scienc ... Read MoreI have nothing but positive things to say about the JUMP experience! When I got my bachelors, it was more of a focus on the core fundamentals of Computer Science. It was not really informative in terms of how I was going to be utilizing these skills in the work force. Going through the python JUMP course I was taught many different tools such as pandas, pyspark and AWS. These tools have given me a much better idea of what I can actually do in the work force as well as what I was going to be doing.... Read Less
The staff has also been nothing less than friendly and cooperative for anything that I asked from them. They definitely gave off the vibe that they are there to help me grow as a programmer from the very first day to the last day of the program.
5Graduate - Course: Software Development Intensive - Seattle
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Expectations Meet RealityAda Developers Academy ( ADA ) delivers what it says it does. You will receive a top notch education in programming, computer science fundamentals, and preparat ... Read More
Ada Developers Academy ( ADA ) delivers what it says it does. You will receive a top notch education in programming, computer science fundamentals, and preparation for whiteboard style interviewing. You will not be charged tuition and you will receive a stipend at the end of each month of your internship that is the equivalent of 35 hours a week at $15 an hour. Taxes will not be taken out of your check as your role is that of a contractor. Most of your class will have job offers before the cohort ends, but not all, often for reasons not under ADA's ( or the Adies' ) control. You will graduate ready to enter the job market as a junior developer. You will think that you should feel more skilled and experienced once you reach that point but you won't ( what you hope to feel like usually takes 5 years of experience and work to achieve ). You will have a strong network of graduates to lean on and the support of ADA during future job searches and dealing with the challenges that the tech industry brings.
Teaching will usually be spot on, but there will be missteps and errors along the way. You will be doing more independent study than you anticipate. Your instructors ( 2 per 24 students, 1 floating instructor, 1 Jumpstart instructor, a dedicated Computer Science Fundamentals instructor, and an outstanding student counselor ) are supportive, committed to the mission of ADA, and eager for you to succeed, but they are human. Things more very fast and you have to advocate for yourself and your classmates. Sometimes tutoring is available, sometimes not. If you start to fall behind you need to recognize it quickly and get assistance immediately. You may have to go outside of ADA to do that.
You will receive education and training about social justice, including the concerns and challenges of women of color and non-binary individuals. You will be personally be challenged. You will learn things you didn't know about yourself, and didn't necessarily want to know. You will learn that there is difference between ADA and the Adies alumnix. It was the alumnix who made the commitment to "no woman left behind". Students have been expelled from ADA. Not all of us got in on our first try. Some were admitted on their 5th try. There is some Redshirting. You will form some of the strongest friendships of your life, but you won't like everyone. Lateral aggression is minimal, bullying almost non-existent. ADA was worth it, the Adies especially so. But it is hard. The process hurts. It hurts alot. But it was worth it. Eyes open, keep your expectations in check, and it will be amazing. You will be amazing. Apply.... Read Less
- 217Reviews2CoursesProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online ... Read MoreProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online in small cohorts, and the schedule is designed to fit around a work schedule. Product School’s methodology features the hands-on experience members need to build digital products and lead cross-functional teams. Instructors for the courses are Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies including Google, Meta, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon. Product School offers a community of over two million product professionals. Read MorePatrick Cheron
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and ... Read MoreProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.... Read Less
- 1Reviews1CourseCode Builders is an intermediate online program with a focus on web development fundamentals. The Code Builders curriculum is geared towards meeting the need... Read MoreCode Builders is an intermediate online program with a focus on web development fundamentals. The Code Builders curriculum is geared towards meeting the needs of software development interns, junior developers, code school graduates, and aspiring programmers. Courses are taught in 4-week-long units. A course includes a daily, 2-hour live lecture, which is taught by a Code Builders instructor and recorded for optional later viewing. Courses also include an optional 1-hour lecture where instructors address and review areas that students need additional help with. The courses require students to participate 15-25 hours per week. Students should also expect 1-2 hours of homework per day for each course. Students receive feedback on daily assignments by an automated grader, TA, or instructor. Depending on the course, class sizes can be between 50 - 300 students. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Remote Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Codesmith - Truly Amazing Experience!After dedicating 12 years of my life to nursing, I made a decision to pivot my career and pursue my true passion - technology. The experience provided by the fu ... Read MoreAfter dedicating 12 years of my life to nursing, I made a decision to pivot my career and pursue my true passion - technology. The experience provided by the full-time immersive proved to be both challenging yet immensely fulfilling. It pushed me beyond my limits and helped me realize my true potential, showing that with determination, I had the potential to be a talented engineer.
For those who are considering a career shift to technology, I highly recommend Codesmith. The supportive and helpful community offered here is exceptional - before, during, and even after completion of the program. I'm grateful for the lessons learned and the lifelong friendships I developed along the way. They truly changed the trajectory of my life and that of my family.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Online Full Stack Software Development Bootcamp (Part-time) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Trilogy Full-Stack Web Dev BootcampThis was a great experience for me. I would recommend this program to anybody who had any interest in web development. I started this bootcamp with little knowl ... Read MoreThis was a great experience for me. I would recommend this program to anybody who had any interest in web development.... Read Less
I started this bootcamp with little knowledge or understanding of what goes into being a web developer. I followed my instincts, took a risk, and I'm so glad I did. I have experienced the full range of emotions during my time in the bootcamp but the most prominent feeling at this time is one of accomplishment. This was the program I needed to help me break into developing myself as a web developer. This bootcamp gave me a path I can follow for my future success. It also gave me the tools to start creating. The foundation is set and now I can expand.
Some of my most favorite and stressful time was during the project weeks. This was a chance to team up with classmates, use the tech that we've been learning, and to be as creative as we possibly can. It could be very thrilling and stressful.
Speaking on the teaching staff, I thought they did a great job with teaching so many new developers. My instructor was great at teaching new concepts and getting ideas across. He was very professional and patient. He was knowledgeable and open about the realities of being a developer. I was stuck several times and he helped me get over those challenges. Also, the TAs that were part of my cohort, were awesome as well to work with. I always felt like I could reach out to them for help and get a response. Ultimately, the people you interact with the most help enhance the experience and shape what you take away from the bootcamp. I was very fortunate for my instructor, TAs, and fellow peers. As those are the people I had to lean on when I needed some extra help.
To the curriculum, they introduced over 24 technologies to us that was outlined from day one. They definitely teach you the tech you need to build a full stack website or web app. These full-stack tools that I've come away with from this bootcamp will be my foundation that everything builds from. I am very excited and pleased with what I've learned in this short time. Now I need to refine what I've learned and curate my skills and style. In my opinion, this is where things get exciting for a developer.
The pace of the classes were just right for me. Any slower, and I don't know how we would have gotten through all the material needed by the end of the program. Any faster, and I wouldn't of kept up as well as I did. I was slightly behind the whole program but I was able to complete the program requirements with high marks.
There are so many resources available for a student starting with your instructor, TAs, and peers. They have tutors available to students by schedule. I never took advantage of this resource, but I wish I had. I heard a lot good feedback from students about their tutoring sessions. You can also post questions to the bootcamp website and get a response in reasonable time. My instructor went above and beyond with curating resources to share on a weekly basis. These links definitely helped prepare me for the coming class or week of material.
In addition to the material and resources, they also have a career connections service in the bootcamp. I wasn't able keep up my career connections during the bootcamp so I am tackling all of my milestones after the bootcamp. I am very grateful these services are available for three to six months afterward. This gives me time to build on my skills and confidence as I transition into the workforce.
I have been a stay-at-home dad for the last 10 years with four kids at home. I am 41. I chose the part-time course (Felt like a full time experience to me) and I'm so proud to say that I have completed the bootcamp. If you're willing to show up and put forth your best effort, you will do fine in this program. Enjoy the experience the best you can but take it seriously. You paid good money for it and the people you are interacting with are professionals. No need to waste anyone's time. You definitely get out of this program what you put in.
This was the program I needed to start myself on a developer's path. Now I just need to do the post work and transition work.
- 0Reviews5CoursesPer Scholas offers 10-15-week, intensive courses in Full Stack Java Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Cloud DevOps, and IT Support in 17 citi... Read MorePer Scholas offers 10-15-week, intensive courses in Full Stack Java Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Cloud DevOps, and IT Support in 17 cities across the US. Per Scholas training programs are designed to connect local talent with technology employers by preparing motivated adults from overlooked talent pools for rewarding tech careers with no-cost training powered by corporate partners. Throughout the training courses, Per Scholas works with learners on technical skills and professional development to prepare them for positions and interviews with their employer partners. After graduation, Per Scholas connects learners directly to jobs at employer partners. Per Scholas continues to provide ongoing career coaching, networking opportunities and career services support for up to 2 years post-training. Read More