Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is a 1-week, full-time data science course provider based in Redmond, WA and holds classes in cities around the world. Data Science Dojo provides professionals with in-person, hands-on, practical data science training including R programming, Amazon, and Azure tools. The curriculum is taught by experienced data scientists covering both data science and data engineering.
Knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language or computing environment is required, but applicants do not need a PhD. The program is specifically designed for working professionals who want to add data science skills to their current positions. To apply, prospective students can submit a short online interest form.
Having trained over 4,000 professionals from more than 775 companies, Data Science Dojo has significant connections and partnerships with companies, and all students are granted access to this network. All students participate in an in-class Kaggle competition against their peers.
Recent Data Science Dojo Reviews: Rating 4.88
Recent Data Science Dojo News
Over the course of five days, you will go through a series of exercises to learn and apply a variety of data science skills. Our comprehensive curriculum balances theory with practice, as we firmly believe in a hands-on approach to learning data science. Meals are included on all five days of the bootcamp. At Data Science Dojo, we believe that you do not need an advanced degree or months of training to get started with data science. Our attendees come from diverse backgrounds, including software development, medicine, education, project management, public service, finance, and more. Our experienced teaching team has iteratively refined the curriculum so you can tackle real world problems right away. Our hands-on curriculum will get you started with practical data science and data engineering in just 5 days: Learn the theory and practice of data science and engineering using state of the art tools Explore, visualize, and cluster data Build and evaluate predictive models for classification and regression Design online experiments Build an end-to-end internet of things (IoT) solution. Through hands-on exercises, you will be exposed to a variety of technologies: Hive, Spark, Mahout, Hadoop, stream processors, data ingestors. Learn more by visiting our curriculum page, or for a quick overview, download our course outline. After the bootcamp, our mentors will guide you as you take on new data science problems through Kaggle competitions.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Amsterdam, Barcelona, Toronto, Washington, New York City, Chicago, Seattle, Austin
- Tuition Plans
- flexible payment plan with $899 down, plus a $200 setup fee. The remaining balance is paid in 12 monthly installments.
- Refund / Guarantee
- If for any reason, you decide to cancel, we will gladly refund your registration fee in full if notified the Monday prior to the start of the training. We would also be happy to transfer your registration to another bootcamp or workshop.
- We only offer fellowships to exceptional non-profit employees.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Knowledge of at least one programming language or computing environment.
- Prep Work
- 10 hours of ore-bootcamp material and coursework.
- Placement Test
Data Science Dojo Reviews
50 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Minnie Cui • Data Analytics Manager • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Chicago • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
The 5-day bootcamp is done extremely well. All the key topics of data science covered in a digestible way, with a strong emphasis on business application. The level of participants is also top notch - data science and related business professionals from a breadth of companies/industries, which boosts the quality of our discussions and the overall experience.
From my own experience, I think you'd get the most value of this program if you're at least conversant in basic statistics or have a basic level of exposure to data science concepts. In my opinion, it is ABSOLUTELY worth the investment of ~$3k and a week's worth of time, which is more feasible for company training vs. an extended 10-12 week part time program (which I've also done before).
Be prepared though, the program is definitely intensive, and you get the most if you're prepared and willing to dive in and invest time in practicing these skills.
- Enough Data Science to be Dangerous- 12/1/2018June Harris • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering • Campus: Seattle • Verified via LinkedIn
I walked into Data Science Dojo with experience in data visualization using GUIs like MS Power BI and Tableau. I had very little experience with R, and no experience creating machine learning algorithms. I left the 5 day course knowing that I will immediately be able to implement machine learning at work.
Here is what works with this class:
- Loads of pre-work. Take it seriously. I was intimidated by the class, but doing the pre-worked helped me to understand key concepts in advance, and prepared me for the course.
- Demonstrations of the mechanics of various algorithms. We learned what the algorithms do, and in some cases even manually calculated them. For someone like me, who never even took calculus, this was very helpful. They don’t just show a formula, they break it down so that all the mechanics can be understood.
- Just enough repetition. There was an iterative quality to the course material, so we were always building upon the previous concept.
- Raja is a fantastic teacher. He has a feel for pacing, patience and continuous interactivity, requesting feedback from the class. He really cares that all the students understand the concepts and are able to ask the right questions.
- So many great supplemental materials and resources.
I will be seeking out an opportunity to take another course from Data Science Dojo in the future, and I will recommend them to colleagues who are interested in quickly getting up to speed in machine learning.
- Excellent bootcamp- 11/13/2017Shyam Srikumar • Sr. Principal Consultant • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Chicago • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
The 5 days transform you into a data scientist. Great curriculum as in the selection of topics, progression in topics, mix of practice vs lecture, mix of complexity vs practical use and finally the kaggle competition. Raja was a great trainer and very affable. I enjoyed learning the math behind decision trees, random forest, and linear regression. I am now confident to make the switch to Data Science!
- Singapore Data Science Bootcamp- 10/23/2017Amit Govil • Student • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Singapore • Campus: Singapore • Verified via LinkedIn
This was beyond my expectation. Raja has exceptional teaching skills and the way you look at maths and statistics will completely change after this. Not everyone is blessed with such amazing teaching skills. Also, the best part is that the focus is on quality than quantity, not to mention that nothing important is left out. All the key aspects of data science were covered and by the fifth day, you definitely feel very confident. I opted for this programme after a lot of research and by far this one I feel is one of the best decisions I have made for my career. The program is so engaging that never for a single moment did I feel bored or left out.
I'm really looking forward to applying the skills I learnt during the 5 days event.
- Amazing Experience- 10/22/2017Sami Mustafa • Bi Architect • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Singapore • Campus: Singapore • Verified via LinkedIn
Awesome course! This is most practical training in data science currently available that also link practice to concepts and the math behind them in a very logical way. I recommend this training to anybody want to advance data science learning in a very short duration.
- A great experience- 10/17/2017Matt L. • Lead Data Architect • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Washington • Campus: Washington • Verified via GitHub
The data science bootcamp was a great experience and is suitable for a broad range of backgrounds and skills. The curriculum is an ideal balance of theory and hands-on labs, while a lot of time is devoted to the challenging areas of data science involving judgement and intuition such as selecting and evaluating models. The techniques taught are technology neutral and the hands-on work incorporated a great mix of leading technologies.
Raja, Artem, and the rest of the team are great instructors and were very eager to help and share their valuable experience. A lot of material was packed into 5 days and the pre-bootcamp assignments provide everyone with a common foundation. The code samples, instructional videos, and other material are extensive and serve as valuable reference information beyond the bootcamp.
- Amazing Bootcamp- 7/28/2017Elizabeth • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | New York • Campus: New York City • Verified via GitHub
I just attended the bootcamp in NYC . Dave and Phuc are truly gifted instructors who have knack for teaching all aspects of data science to....pretty much anyone! Our group was very diverse in background, experience and skill, yet it seemed as though we were all able to keep up and participate in all aspects of the bootcamp. Both instructors were generous with their time , patient and engaged in helping everyone learn.
The lectures were very thorough and we covered so much in just 5 days. I appreciated that they spent a lot of time really teaching us the importance of understanding our data, algorithms and analyses. This was really priceless. In addition to the lectures, we also had some hands on practice through labs, access to code, a competition and opportunities for socialization.
I do wish there were some additional opportunities for more individual practice during the bootcamp, but other than that, it really was a perfect experience. I've already started to use some of the techniques learned and I am excited to see how much more I can do on my own in the coming weeks.
- I'm only 18- 7/28/2017Danish Sayed • Volunteer Data Scientist at UF Shands Hospital • Student • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | New York • Campus: New York City • Verified via LinkedIn
I attended this bootcamp with only little college experience and I just wanted to know what data science was about. I can easily say that Data Science Dojo has taught me to love my data. I think after this couse I became hungry for datasets rather than hungry for jobs.
- Huge boost to my learning- 8/23/2019Erika Rasmussen • Business Operations Manager • Campus: Toronto
This one-week course is the absolutely best jumpstart to my data studies that I could possibly have taken. I am so excited to go home and dive more deeply into the resources and continue my training. Not only would I recommend this boot camp for everyone, but I'm hoping to buy a spot for my sister to attend as well. No better gift I could give her.
- Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp- 8/23/2019Mark Krupnik • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Toronto • Campus: Toronto
I am very glad I went to this course.
Any course is always a combination of content and delivery and I think DataScienceDojo excels in both.
A well thought-through course content allows people to get their hands on real ML techniques and get excited about opportunities that ML brings.
The instructors are amazing. They offer a real-life experience and ability to keep students’ attention up throughout the entire course.
Thank you very much! I am looking forward to explore more …
- Amazing, challenging, well worth it.- 7/8/2019Rosa Antonini • Data architect and BI product engineer • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | New York • Campus: New York City
I just attended Data Science bootcamp with Data Science Dojo and I am thrilled to say that this course matched my high expectations. I did a lot of research on different data science and machine learning courses and decided to take this one based on its great reputation.
The bootcamp was as an amazing, fast paced and challenging experience for me. The teachers are very smart and knowledgeable with hands-on experience using the latest technologies. The amount of material was very extensive, the depth and breadth on each topic of data science and machine learning was superb. There was serious work to be done which included both pre and post work to the bootcamp.
I am very grateful to the Data Science Dojo team for their passion and commitment to provide such a wonderful product and high quality of work.
- Dr.- 3/5/2019Kalin Yanev • Research Director • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Barcelona • Campus: Barcelona
Data Science Dojo is an amazing boot camp - it worked perfectly well for me although I have certain background in statistical analyses and ml itself. I believe that same would apply to various types of experts (as it was the case within my class itself) since the camp provides a very ambitious overview of almost anything that may concern a data scientist - from the field itself to the important big data engineering.
On top of this, the vast content is easy to follow thanks to the excellent teaching style of Raja. He starts from the basic logic and it helps enormously. I have been recruiting data scientists myself and have seen that this is a key point to differentiate someone who can do the job or is not more than just technically aware. (From now on if I meet someone who has passed the dsd boot camp, I would know with 0.05 probability of type I error that I have an expert in front of me.)
Raja is able to comprehend and react to any eccentric question which I believe is so very important for any teacher.
At the final day of the camp (no matter that exhausted from my late night attempts to cheat on the Kaggle competition) I was realizing that I do not want the camp to finish (and it had nothing to do with going back to work or the good food).
- Spot On!- 11/30/2018Hammad
- JYOTHI THONDEPU • Associate Director EngineeringAnyone can go into the bootcamp with almost no prior knowledge of data science and come out with good understanding of fundamentals of Dat science and will be ready to tackle real world problems. Good content of the course and Raja does a very good job of giving the intuitive picture of every detail unlike other courses which get deep into the math and lose the intuitive sense. It is an intensive course and would need commitment from participants. For those who do, it is very good use of time and money. I would definitely recommend anyone who I interested to learn about Data Science to take this course.
- Great Bootcamp- 4/12/2018saud • Campus: Dubai
- Andres de Frutos Zambrano • Business Development Manager • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Washington • Campus: Washington
I attended Raja Iqbal's Data Science Dojo bootcamp in Washington DC last week. Even though 10 hours a fay can get very intense, Raja did a great job keeping the full group engaged and focused. The content of the course revolves a lot around the theory around data science and its applications. Before taking the course one has to complete serveral preliminary modules that teach some of the tools used during the class. You will learn the tools again during the bootcamp, but again, the focus is on the theory and application of what has to be done to extract useful algorithms from your data.
Raja and his team were great. The food was very high quality and the bootcamp is a great opportunity to network with driven professionals.
- Marelize Gorgens Prestidge • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Washington • Campus: Washington
As a manager with a technical background in engineering, but who has spent the last decade managing programs, budgets and people, this course was my first venture back into a more technical direction. The course exceeded my expectations on many levels -- in how practical and application-oriented mathematical concepts were taught, to how the ideas are applicatble not just in the private sector, but also in the not-for-profit sectors.
The instructor is definitely a teacher at heart and has an uncanny ability to convert the abstract into the practical, with exercises to apply concepts interspersed strategically throughout the course.
If you have a knack for numbers and enjoyed math -- even if only years ago -- don't be intimidated by this course. Attend it and rediscover your love for the magic of numbers and data -- particularly big ones.
- Seattle - Data Science Bootcamp- 1/12/2018David Martins • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Seattle • Campus: Seattle
After this bootcamp i can say that all is pretty clear about Machine Learning and how to use all this technics to improve and develop our Business.
If anyone wants to receive a deep and very usefull KickStart on Data Science and solving problems with Machine Learning this is without any doubt the best option. Thank you to all Data Science Dojo Team
- Terrific Course...well worth time and money!- 11/15/2017Paul Rathgeb • Student
I attended the Chicago bootcamp in Nov 2017. I'm usually one to not provide reviews, but in this case I had to make an exception. The bootcamp was simply terrific. Very valuable information...before, during and even after the course. Raja, our instructor and CEO is not only brilliant and a great teacher, but it's also clear that he has a wide range of experiences and perspectives. His ability to communicate both theory and hands on pratice is remarkable. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone!
- LMuro • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Singapore • Campus: Singapore
I attended the Data Science Bootcamp in Singapore (October 2017). I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The bootcamp was intense and fun. Raja, Bryan and Vicky were very knowledageable and they were always available to help us.
The lessons had the perfect balance between theory and practice. The math behind most algorithms was explained in a very intuitive way and practical advice was given at all times.
At the end of the bootcamp I felt that I learnt "enough to be dangerous". With the knowledge acquired I feel confident to continue my machine learning journey by my own (although Data Science Dojo will always be there to help).
- Andrew H • Senior UI Designer • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Austin • Campus: Austin
After the very extensive, hands-on, and engaging Data Science bootcamp, I now feel confident that I cna bring my new skills and experience to my job and have immediate impact. Not only does DSD cover the coding and tools behind Data Science, but they take care to go into specific details on the philosophy and intuition of being a Data Scientist. Very pleased with the class, coursework, instructors, and experience.
- veteran of BI and Data Warehousing- 7/28/2017Stewart • BI Manager • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | New York • Campus: New York City
I attended the NY 2017 Data Science Dojo. Dave and Phuc are a great combination of deep data science and experience that work well together in a class setting. They turned what can be a very dry subject matter into a lively discussion and interesting for the students. Highly recommend this class but come prepared and definitely do the pre course work!!
- Great overview of data science in practice- 7/28/2017Rika Gorn • Director of Data Analytics • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | New York • Campus: New York City
This bootcamp was a great introduction to the breadth of knowledge that one needs to become a data scientist. A little bit of stats, coding, visualization, machine learning, comp sci, etc. Although I don't currently work with what is traditionally known as "big data" I feel very confident that after this week I have added a lot of tools to my toolbox as an analyst and most importantly I am very well positioned to keep learning on my own.
I loved that the class was taught in R and the instructors Dave and Phuc were hilarious, engaging, and made the material very easy to understand. Also the food was damn good!
- Amazing experience- 7/28/2017Sultan Alharbi • Business Consultant • Graduate • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | New York • Campus: New York City
- Extremely valuable- 6/23/2017John C. • Course: Data Science and Data Engineering | Austin • Campus: Austin
The bootcamp was wonderful and good for Data professionals at all levels. I can't believe how much content we were able to cover in 5 days. Also the class labs and homework were excellent and really helped me get a grasp on the key concepts. It was super exciting and satisfying to be able to build, tune, and deploy a machine learning model in a matter of days!