Last Updated on May 24th, 2018.
CourseGuide Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates coursereport.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Information that We Collect
Personal Information: Depending on the Services you are visiting or using, we may collect various types of information from and about you, including information that can personally identify you. This information includes, but is not limited to: name, age, zip code, email address, telephone number, demographic information, education and scholastic information (including but not limited to level of education, desired level of educational program, and areas of interest), current occupation, military status, governmental loan status, information about any transaction you conduct or submit to on or through the Services, and other information that would allow online or offline contact with you as an individual (collectively, “Personal Information”).
Non-Personal Information: We also collect Usage Information (as defined below) and other information from and about you that does not personally identify you or allow us or others to contact you individually online or offline ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information" or "Non-PII"). We may combine Non-PII with other information in a way that allows you to be identified or personally contacted. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Collect Information: We may collect information from you in the following ways:
* Information Provided by You. We collect information provided by you when you (1) inquire about or obtain our services or products; (2) communicate with us or request information about or from us, whether via email or other means; (3) fill out forms or fields on the Services; (4) register as a user or sign-up for any of our newsletters, materials or services through the Services; (5) create profiles; (6) provide reviews or participate in our online surveys or questionnaires; (8) input information into our interactive programming features or participate in our online forums; (9) participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including contests, scholarship offers, events, or promotions; and (10) post to the Services or provide user-generated content or submissions to us, including without limitation media files, photos, videos, documents or other information, and contributions to a chat room, list serve, blog, or other open forum or community feature that we make available on the Services ("User Contributions").
* Information from Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other services that we may provide, our affiliates, third-party or public sources (such as from public forums, social networks, and blogs), other users of the Services, and our business partners.
* Automatic Information Collection. We and our service providers use automatic data collection technologies to collect and store Usage Information (as defined below). This information helps us evaluate how our visitors use and navigate the Site on an aggregate basis, including but not limited to the number and frequency of visitors to each Site, and the length of their visits. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality. We also may allow third-party advertising companies and ad networks to use automatic data collection technologies to collect Usage Information for purposes of providing interest based ads. See the Automatic Information Collected Technologies and Usage Information and the Third-Party Advertisers and Interest-Based Ads sections for more information.
How We Use the Information that We Collect
We may use your information, including Personal Information, to:
* Provide products and services requested by you;
* Provide customer support, including responding to your requests and questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems or complaints, and for any other purposes that we deem appropriate;
* Verify the information you provide to us;
* Communicate with you;
* Confirm your identity and eligibility to use the Services;
* Establish and manage your account, as applicable;
* Perform research and analysis to develop and improve the Services and other products and services that we may offer;
* Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in, our products, services, and content, and the products, services, and content offered by others;
* Develop and display products, services, and content tailored to your interests on the Services and other online properties;
* Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming, and other activities;
* Offer you personalized information and products, services, promotions, contests, or scholarships of ours, our affiliates, or our third-party business partners that may be of interest to you;
* Manage our business and operations;
* We use the information we automatically collect (such as contact information, IP address and basic browser and system details) to help us optimize our sites and the services we offer on the Site and may offer in the future;
* To provide you with a customized browsing experience;
* Protect the security and integrity of the Services;
* Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide your information and for any other purpose as described to you at the time your information is collected or for which your consent is given.
Our Sharing Practices
We may disclose or share information from or about you, including your Personal Information, as follows:
* In addition, from time to time, we may share Personal Information (such as e-mail addresses and other contact information such as name, email address and phone number) with selected third parties, so they may offer educational or non-educational goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our customers.
* We cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other Personal Information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they unlawfully collect from the Site. We will try to protect your privacy, however, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private.
Automatic Information Collection Technologies and Usage Information
We and our service providers automatically collect "Usage Information" from or about you, such as information about your computer or mobile device, IP address, web browser, computer or device platform, related software and settings you are using, browsing actions and patterns, the referring page that linked you to us and the website you visit after using the Services, and other usage activity on the Services. Collection of Usage Information helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to, among other things: (1) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (2) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests; (3) speed up your searches; and (4) recognize you when you return to the Services.
We and certain third parties, such as but not limited to advertising service providers, may use certain technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services.
The automatic collection technologies we may use for this automatic information collection include cookies, browser cookies, session cookies, persistent cookies, and web beacons. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
For more information about managing your privacy settings regarding automatic collection of Usage Information, see the Your Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information section.
Third-Party Advertisers and Interest-Based Ads
We may permit third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display third-party advertisements on our websites and/or automatically collect Usage Information from our websites for purposes of determining your preferences and delivering interest-based advertising and content to you on the Services or other online properties, including those operated by third parties. Those ads may include ads for our products or services or for other companies' products or services.
If you click on a link to a third party site, including on an advertisement, you will leave the Site you are visiting and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as this Site. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third party website that is linked to this Site, you should read that site’s privacy statement before providing any personally identifiable information.
The Services and all electronic communications sent in connection with the Services, may contain links, videos, images, or other content provided by third parties. We do not necessarily endorse these websites, products, services, or practices. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle information they may collect from or about you once you are on the third party site.
Your Choices About Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over your information:
* Promotional Emails or other Electronic Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails or other electronic communications from us, including but not limited to our e-newsletters, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out or follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the promotional email or other electronic communication. Note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive transactional or account-related emails from us (e.g., emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, password reset requests, reminder emails that you have requested, and any other similar communications essential to your transactions on or made through the Services).
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may have the ability to view or edit some of your information online, by logging into https://www.coursereport.com and visiting your account profile page.
Any updates you make or request to be made to your Personal Information will be applied in our own records but will not be updated in the records of the educational institutions or other third parties to which we have already shared your information. If you would like to make updates to the information that has been shared with educational institutions and other third parties, you will need to contact them separately.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Do Not Track
We support the Do Not Track browser setting. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you.
For more details about Do Not Track, including how to enable or disable this preference, visit http://termsfeed.com/do-not-track
The Services Are Not for Children
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child younger than 13 years old, we will endeavor to delete that information and terminate the child's account (if any).
The Site was created by and is controlled, operated and administered by Course Guide, Inc within the United States of America utilizing servers located in the United States of America. We make no representation that materials at this Site are appropriate or available for transmission to or from, or use in, locations outside of the jurisdiction(s) stated above and accessing any Site from any jurisdiction where such Site’s contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export the materials in violation of import or export laws and regulations. If you access a Site from a location outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the personal data you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. Whenever you submit any personal data to us, you consent to this transfer.