Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, tech sales, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through regular video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- A Day in the Life of an Information Technology Security Specialist
- April 2022 Coding Bootcamp News
- A Day in the Life of a Digital Marketer
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis Cyber Security Career Track is the first online cyber bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,890/month, $9,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $8,500 upfront or $1,690 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1,890 /month or $9,900 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship $750 for Women in Tech and Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,495 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis 60+ hour digital marketing curriculum features custom and curated content. Students graduate with the skills to create and measure campaigns across key channels including SEO, SEM, social media, content, email, influencer, affiliate and more. Assessments include 7 quizzes as well as 13 hands-on projects graded by your mentor. Units include: - Digital Marketing Fundamentals - Buyer Personas and Positioning - Content Marketing - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - Social Media Marketing - Email and Partnership Marketing - Measurement and analysis
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $1,248/month, $2,495 upfront, employer sponsorship opportunities
Minimum Skill Level - Early-career and established marketers looking to shift into a digital marketing role - Consultants and freelancers seeking to build their brand or expand their service offerings - Entrepreneurs, executives and professionals in adjacent fields Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,500 Class size 25 Location OnlineThe Tech Sales Career Track is designed to prepare students to successfully land and perform in sales development representative (SDR) and/or business development representative (BDR) roles in B2B Tech sales landscape. All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong communication and relationship-building skills, along with the ability to learn new concepts quickly. Before enrolling, applicants will be asked to pass an evaluation of baseline soft skills centered around communication skills, motivation, professionalism, a commitment to learning, and a resilient mindset. As a tech sales student, you’ll also benefit from one of Springboard’s most sought-after features: a community of support that includes a live instructor, a dedicated student advisor, a career coach, a course teaching assistant, and a grader/assessor, who will provide written feedback on assessments. As with all Springboard courses, the Tech Sales Career Track will be a 100% online experience. The course is fixed-paced, with weekly live classes to help you practice new concepts and techniques.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,500/month, $6500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $1000 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Cyber Security Career Track (Online)
- Tech Sales Career Track (Online)
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition in the Digital Marketing Certificate course!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Digital Marketing Professional Certificate (Online)
1216 reviews sorted by:
- great bootcamp to be a data scientist- 5/16/2022Priyank Shukla • data scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMy journey started a year back when I first joined springboard. Because of my background (I have MBA, PhD and 4+ years of research experience) advisor suggested me to enroll in data scientist program even though I applied for data analyst track. So, you will find a great support team here who will always have best interest of yours in mind right from the start. The program is not cheap but you get the full team working for you. Help is just an email away. So, after I got admitted to the program, I had to cancel my admission and it was very easy and hassle free. Later I decided to join the cohort again and was admitted without any trouble. Even though I had to change my cohort a couple of time, springboard team is very supportive and they will always respect your decision. So, I know it's expensive but program is not for money. You get support from experts in the industry. Before my interview, I needed an urgent guidance for my interview and was able to get timely help from a mentor. I shared with him job details and my resume and he provided me great tips for the interview. I am extremely happy that I joined the bootcamp. Only thing different I would suggest you to do is enroll early and start working on exercises. There are jobs out there and with the training and support from springboard, you will get the job in no time.
- Cybersecurity career trackj- 5/11/2022Adedamola Ilori • Student • Course: Cybersecurity Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInGoing through the cybersecurity career track program at Springboard helped open me up to diverse information in the cybersecurity space. The program, especially the mentor - student relationship helped instill more knowledge of the industry into me and the program flexibility made it more fantastic.
- Comprehensive Program for SWEs- 5/11/2022Giovanni Rufino • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard’s program is a comprehensive program for software engineers. The bulk of the course is video based instruction taught by Colt Steele. Colt’s instructions are easily digestible, although he does fail to provide adequate mistakes in his instruction to provide practice on how to find and fix bugs. The TA team does a great job of filling this gap. There is a weekly meeting with a mentor, but 30 minutes sometimes is not adequate to explain, debug, conceptualize and plan for the next week. The largest downfall is in the community. Although it is improving, YMMV when it comes to your particular cohort. Because the course is self paced, your cohort will be progress through the course at varying speeds. This makes it difficult to schedule study groups or coordinate on specific topics. The career services team is good, but there is no defined consensus as to what Springboard defines as to the correct way to create a resume, cover letter or LinkedIn. If you stick with one career counselor throughout the entire course, you will have a better experience than bouncing around.
I recommend Springboard to aspiring developers as long as they get the correct mentor and career counselor early on in the course. Make good progress at the start of the course, because as the material gets dense, the estimated completion time for project become flawed.
- Cybersecurity- 5/2/2022Emily Harnish • Graduate • Course: Cyber Security Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe cybersecurity program at Springboard is great on so many levels. As a recent high school graduate who was looking to enter the cybersecurity workforce without taking four years to do so, this bootcamp enabled me to do just that. I was uncertain how much practical knowledge I would have after spending only 6 months in the course, but I applied myself to learning and experienced great support from my mentor in the program, which enabled me to pass the CompTIA Security+ exam on my first try. I also had no work experience besides being a barista, but the tasks that the career services team encouraged me to complete gave me confidence in my skills, and I am currently interviewing for my first tech job.
- Software Engineering- 4/25/2022Peter Darinzo • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI wanted to make the switch to software engineering while also taking time off to travel. Springboard was the bootcamp that fit my needs, it gave me the flexibility to learn while on the road, is a great value, and really prepared me for the next step in my career. The curriculum is very comprehensive, but also well paced. The student community, mentor support, and student advisors make it a really great experience. Instead of feeling like you're just watching "how to code videos", you get real weekly feedback from your mentor, and you give and get feedback from other students on bigger projects as well, so there is a great feeling of community. The career coaching is also a crucially overlooked component to most bootcamps, and it really sets Springboard apart. I went from having no LinkedIn and a poor resume, to 250 connections in my network, and knowledge on networking, interview skills, and salary negotiation. My technical skills have also come a long way, you'll be amazed at how much you can learn, and I feel very well prepared for my next job. I would always recommend Springboard to anyone interested in making a switch to software development.
- UX/UI Design Track- 4/25/2022Erica • Production Manager • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInUnlike any educational institution I’ve ever attended, springboard allowed me to finish my course on a timeline that made sense for me. I unfortunately had to take all of my extended breaks due to a variety of different personal issues. Everything from Covid, to wild fire evacuations and a death in the family. There were also good things as well – a new job after losing my previous one to Covid, but this did cut into my ability to study and focus on my school work after working on a computer all day at work. I was emotionally and technically drained at times. I had to switch mentors in the midst of my program due to these breaks and was definitely feeling like I may not finish the course. Springboard’s advisor and mentor programs kept me chatting with their support teams and kept me motivated to finish for myself and my future. I was able to absorb knowledge on a timeframe that made sense for my learning capabilities. I feel as a springboard really allows its students to take the time they need in order to grasp the knowledge they’re sharing and that’s why I really recommend springboard. In a world with so many ups and downs and unknowns at this point, I always felt comfortable reaching out to spring forward for support. The course itself brings on a lot of reading, but the structure is really well thought out so that you can learn different phases of research and designing at a time that makes sense. Lastly, the mentor meetings on a weekly basis help me stay on track and brew really important for my progression in the course.
- Full Scope UI/UX Design Course- 4/13/2022Charlie Beck • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe UI/UX program at Springboard is a complete offering, giving you the opportunity to learn every detail surrounding UX design and making you apply that knowledge to a variety of projects. From the simple design spruce ups to full-scale capstones, you perform every level of the design process in order to understand every aspect back to front. While there are some lessons that do go on a little long (i.e. lots of articles that simply repeat the same information) or slightly outdated articles, the essence of what you're learning remains the same. Overall, I would recommend this course to anyone who is interested in entering this space.
- Data Science Career Track- 4/13/2022Yuriy Sereda • Freelance tutor • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIt was a correct decision to learn at the Data Science Career Track program at Springboard, as I finally started getting responses from employers.
On one of the applications I was one step away from employment.
This course helps boost your chances and compete with those who has formal specialized education, such as in computer science or data science.
While a lack of formal experience through employment is still a problem, it is somewhat alleviated by the hands-on curriculum projects and the projects done after completing the course. In my feeling, completing this course gives you a credibility.
There are three main components: career coaching by people experienced in technical recruiting, mentorship by data scientists working in industry, and well organized tutorial materials. In my opinion, it would be very hard for a self-learner to achieve such pace and quality of learning.
Having to pay disciplines and ensures a good pace of learning.
Not everyone gets a good mentor. My two advices here are: 1) change the mentor if he behaves like he is your boss and only demands, and you need to spend a lot of time just to think what questions are good and bad. This could be OK only in the beginning. 2) Stick to the one who is genuinely willing to help. Springboard allows to switch to another mentor, they have some long-term selection in place.
Most career coaches are very helpful, you can meet with them roughly every week. Here my suggestion is to stay organized: write their suggestions and execute on the same day, because otherwise you will find it difficult to get back to it due to a lot of main technical learning which keeps piling up if you are not as organized.
Make sure to agree with your family members: they will miss you a lot 6 to 9 months, because they will mostly see your back while you are sitting at the computer. The skills you get are worth it, but there is still a long job search ahead after graduation in most cases.
Delve deeply into material, as there are four mock up interviews close to the end of the course.
The best ways to prepare for Data Science course is to learn Python, Statistics, and SQL in advance, and try to craft a resume and LinkedIn profile.
At the end, you learn how to extend your network, data analysis, and machine learning.
Only basic familiarity with statistics and SQL, but there are many resources in the curriculum, which you can use for training, including after graduation.
No exposure to cloud techniques, but you will become prepared to play with those on your own.
Up to two breaks are allowed, up to 3 weeks each, which helps make it in time if you like to delve deeper or have a lack of prior experience.
- Software Engineering Career Track- 4/12/2022Yueh Wang • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard's Software Engineering Career Track is built for people that want to switch their career path and become a software engineer. This 9-month course helps you develop skills (Python, JaveScript, etc.) necessary for looking for a job in the market. Definitely recommend it even though you are starting from scratch.
- Worth every minute of learning!- 4/7/2022Rayees Ahamed B • Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe curriculum is excellently designed and does not require any programming or computer science experience for anyone to participate. I am a biologist and absolutely did not had any experience in data science. I took the Data Science prep course first, which taught me python programming in just 4 weeks. Then I enrolled on the Data Science Career Track. The course is expected to be completed in 6-9 months, so one has to be ready to invest at least 4 hours of time every day in learning. The best thing about the course is it teaches the entire curriculum using public resources, which include DataCamp, LinkedIn, Youtube, Harvard lessons and other useful public forums. This is great because you know after the course completion where to continue your learning and find resources related to a specific subject. Every unit has a number of mini-projects to practice that increase your confidence in your learning. 1 to 1 mentor calls every week is a great benefit, as you will be interacting with an industry expert to review your projects and they will help you to streamline your learning and choose a better career path. At the end of the course, you will be proficient in python programming, mastered in essential statistical concepts and you can independently work on data science projects. I strongly recommend anyone who is looking for a career in data science to opt this course, as every minute and penny is worth plus job guaranteed.
- UI/UX- 3/30/2022Danielle Cole • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program was a lot of work, but it has been life-changing! I feel confident going into my new career. The mentorship program was invaluable. You’ll have a portfolio with several case studies by the end of this program. It prepares you in every way so you’ll be ready for your new career.
- Great introduction to Data science- 3/30/2022Ron Sperber • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn