Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- 3 Signs you Should be a Data Analyst in 2022
- UX Design vs Web Design: A Helpful Guide for Beginners
- What is React JS Used For?
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis Cyber Security Career Track is the first online cyber bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,890/month, $9,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $8,500 upfront or $1,690 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2190/month, $10,900 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1,890 /month or $9,900 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship $750 for Women in Tech and Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,900 upfront $2190/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $1,000 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1077 reviews sorted by:
- Great course; a lot of work- 11/28/2021Matt Curtin • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI really liked the program, especially working with the mentors. The mentors, career coaches, and other support staff were all very knowledgeable. It's important to acknowledge that this program does take a lot of time, and requires you to be highly self-motivated. They give you everything you need to succeed, but you will only get out as much as you put in. I researched several different programs before deciding on Springboard and I'm glad I did; ultimately, the mentor experience was incalculably valuable. Beyond UX, Springboard really showed me how to make myself a marketable job applicant.
- Great lectures and career switch- 11/28/2021Pritisha Kumar • Software Developer • Student • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Science Career Student- 11/18/2021Noah Scanlon • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPROS: Totally online, great curriculum, expert mentorship, really helpful career coaching, and helpful events.
CONS: Totally online, so the human element of learning and socializing while gaining skills isn’t there so much. It happens through Skype / Zoom / Slack, but if you want to have informal random chats with peers or mentors as you pass by them and everyone’s definitely at the same part of the curriculum, that won’t happen here.
- Great career support, no regrets!- 11/12/2021Trent Leslie • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhile the technical data science curriculum with Springboard is outstanding by combining Datacamp with dozens of hand-selected resources online, there are endless resources online for learning the technical aspects of data science and machine learning. If you just want to learn the technical side of data science, just get a Datacamp membership.
However, if you want to take your professional career to the next level, join Springboard. Weekly mentor calls hold you accountable with the curriculum, and the career coaches guide you through networking, polishing the LinkedIn profile, building a focused resume, and writing cover letters. Springboard is not the least expensive bootcamp out there, but the networking, mentoring, and career coaching resources more than make up for the cost. It's an incredible value given the opportunities for salary growth afterwards.
- UX/UI Design Career Track Bootcamp- 11/9/2021Sonia Sanchez • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had a great experience in UX/UI Design bootcamp at Springboard! I highly recommend this bootcamp for anyone looking to shift careers. I signed up for the Design Career track, as this includes career calls after the course to help you find a full time position. When I was deciding on a UX/UI bootcamp, I was hesitant to sign up for a longer/more expensive bootcamp, but am very glad I went with Springboard. Here are some of the key reasons why:
The weekly mentor (an industry professionals) calls are super helpful and help you get immersed into the UX/UI field. My mentor helped me understand UX/UI concepts, and helped me refine the deliverables to build my case studies up! You come out of the course with a full portfolio (essential for getting a job!) with four case studies including an Industry Design Project, which is essentially an internship with a company. This real-world experience is really helpful coming out of the course! The curriculum does a good job teaching you UX/UI concepts and slowly building those up.
Career guidance is prompted throughout the course, which was extremely helpful. Throughout the course, you are prompted early on to start building career skills such as networking. You also have calls with a career coach while you are simultaneously going through the technical material. This early prompting to start thinking about how you are going to get a job and slowly building skills necessary for this were extremely helpful for me. You come out of the course with an updated UX/UI resume as well as a updated and revised (by career coach) Linkedin.
You are assigned a student advisor which helps you keep moving along. Having someone to keep me on track was essential for me. She gave me weekly deadlines that I needed to meet in order to complete by the date I gave her. Having this was a game changer for me.
Finally, you are connected with a Springboard slack community, so you are able to meet other students in the course. This is really helpful as the course is remote, and helps you stay connected to others and meet new people who are in a career shift as you. I met a lot of wonderful friends along the way, while also building up my professional network.
If you are wanting to shift careers, Springboard is a great choice! I feel very prepared for the working world and am glad that I still am able to meet with a Career coach on a bi-weekly basis, who will help me land a full-time position.
- UX Design Career Track- 11/8/2021Neha Navni • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe Springboard program does a great job to creating a "springboard" into the UX Design Field. You are taught the fundamentals of the industry and provided coaching along the way. The industry design project is the most valuable aspect to the course, as you have a chance at really industry work and experience. Overall wonderful program, people, and content.
- GREAT CHOICE!!!- 11/5/2021Philip Jung • UI/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIt's hard to find a Bootcamp that cares. I won't mention the other one I almost took, but let's just say that the mentor I would have been working with for the duration of my time, IMMEDIATELY gave off vibes of wanting to get off the initial call once 30 minutes had gone by and it rhymed with Splinterfaction Resign Crownbation. Again, don't want to mention names.
Then I came across Springboard, as skeptical as ever and was given a list of mentors to choose from and have an initial conversation. After our first call, I KNEW this mentor cared. My mentor never stopped giving me his full attention for 9 months and Student Support is UNBELIEVABLE. There's literally nothing they wont do to make sure that you have what you need to finish the course. Seriously, they have your back. I'm sure some of you are reading this and saying, "this was definitely a paid review", but trust me, if you actually knew me, you would know that you couldn't pay me to write a good review about a SCHOOL if I didn't like it.
If you're on the fence, look no further, trust me!!! Don't waste your time at another BootCamp that may or may not have your back the ENTIRE WAY THROUGH. It's a hard journey and a long grind so keep that in mind when making your selection.
- A fellow student who suffered and clawed his way to a finish line
- UX Design course- 11/4/2021Ayumi Williams • Apparel designer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI started back in April 6 months ago and I finally completed my course.
I had full-time job as apparel designer for the day 9-5 and helping my daughter's home school so I had already my plate full and I am so proud of myself finishing this UX design course now !!
I have learned so many new exciting skills and they really help you to build great portfolio.
so I am already getting many calls for interviews already !! My mentor was very detail oriented and very helpful for me to learn step by step !! I will recommend to anyone who is interested to learn UX in your own pace with fully remote classes.
- Data Analytics- 10/22/2021Jason Lor • Financial Analyst • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInHonestly, I don't see any cons with Springboard. Staff is great and mentors are fantastic. When they say that the mentors are experts in the field, they mean it. The pros that I felt are note worthy are flexibility, mentors are VERY knowledgably and helpful, Springboard site is very easy to navigate, and Springboard does a great job at keeping track of your progress. Many bootcamps have great offers but not the flexibility. I was not ready to drop my job to go back to school. Springboard allowed me to take the courses at my own pace. Although that may not be most people's cup of tea, if you're motivated to succeed, you'll graduate in less than 6 months.
- Excellent Course Overall- 10/21/2021Gavin Eldridge • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI am a recent Springboard grad with 2 years of experience studying Computer Science in college prior. I decided that I'd prefer to learn in a safer and more secure format with Springboard's job guarantee than potentially not get hired post college and be drowning in student loans -- even though tech is definitely a field in which most will do absurdly well financially. When everything is already online, you really don't miss out on much in comparison to university. College really only has one big advantage still and that's the experience of being around other students of different disciplines, belief structures, etc.
I'm happy to say that for me, it was an excellent decision. No one thought it was though -- my family, friends, and even some of my CS student peers thought it was a poor decision, some probably still do. That said, I started the program in late Oct. of 2020 and finished in early Oct. 2021, almost a full year, which honestly I did not expect as I have a bit more background in CS and figured that'd make it go quicker. Here's why it took me a bit longer, in April, I got hired as a software engineer! I worked part time to pay for my living expenses throughout the rest of the course and am now transitioning to a fulltime role. My advice, don't listen to others even when they may have your best interest in mind. They hardly know what they're doing with their own lives, forge your own path. If you want it and are ready/willing to put in the work, you will more than likely find success.
I recommend this bootcamp heavily. I think it's an excellent choice for those who are confident that they want to be software engineers. The mentors, career advisors, and other resources are definitely excellent, but at the end of the day, all the best programmers are mostly self-taught.
It's important to be sure you are ready for this though. While I do believe that anyone can be an excellent software engineer, the profession/industry is not always for everyone. Learn some basic programming first and make sure you really do enjoy the process of debugging, googling, and sitting for hours day after day, that is exactly what you're signing up for. If you're okay with that, then sign up, you won't be disappointed!
- UX/UI Bootcamp- 10/12/2021John Glen • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn