Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- What is React JS Used For?
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Jobs You Can Land After Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,390/month, $11,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $7,000 upfront or $1,400 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1690/month, $8500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1690/month or $8,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,000 upfront $1880/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1001 reviews sorted by:
- Data Science Career Track Review- 9/14/2021Oluwatoba Oyekanmi • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPrior joining Springboard, I had some technical background and experience with Data Science but struggled to actually get a job. After going through the process judiciously and with great dedication, I can confidently say Springboard has helped me build a robust and very competitive portfolio.
The curriculum typically covers everything needed to succeed. My favorite part of Springboard is the one-on-one mentorship where you could brainstorm, learn and typically create a connection with a professional who is willed to help you succeed. Also, the career coaches are really helpful.
The underestimated section where many students miss out is the Springboard slack community where you get all the answers, motivation and collaborations on almost any topic.
However, I would suggest Springboard encourage collaborations between students by adding a group capstone project. This would benefit on many levels -- technical skill like git usage and soft skills like teamwork, collaboration etc.
- UI/UX Designer- 9/3/2021Jeremy Loyola • UI/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, I have enjoyed my time at Springboard. It was a different experience for me to attend online courses, rather than in person, but a good and necessary one especially for these times of the pandemic. I like the self-paced learning that it has because there are times that life get's busy. This really helped me to just dial in what I was learning. If I wanted to spend more time in one subunit, I could and if I wanted to breeze through it, I could as well. The only con to this is that you get 9 months to finish the course, though that is a lot of time to finish the course, it does take away from the statement at your own pace because you have to finish in 9 months. My suggestion is to follow their schedule guide of how long you should spend in a subunit and keep to it. Some suggestions are longer than others and that is good, because if you finish a subunit early, then that just means you have more time to finish the other ones that take longer. Another suggestion I have is to look ahead at what you will be working on (both for Springboard and in your own personal schedule). When you get a bigger picture of what you have to do, you can easily manage your time accordingly.I like the mentor lead aspect of Springboard. It's good to get feedback from a professional and very helpful when you get stuck in certain areas of the course. My mentor helped me gain a better perspective of visual hierarchy and made me a better UI/UX designer. The downside to this is that you have one meeting a week with your mentor to check in with you which is a 30-minute call. So you'll need to know exactly what you want to talk about in those sessions. Also, Springboard gives you unlimited scheduled calling with your mentor, but it's scheduled and sometimes you need answers to questions you have at the moment. To get around this, you can simply email your mentor and they usually respond within a day or two.Another great aspect is the coaching calls. You’ll get the first-hand experience with real hiring managers in the field. My coaches have helped me look at their perspective of what they would look for in a UX/UI Designer and what pitfalls to avoid. Through the mock interviews, they have given me great feedback that will help me in interviews and with their keen eyes, they have helped me craft both a great resume and portfolio.I love Springboard and all that it has done for me, I am thankful to be a part of the Alumni grads.
- DAC: Excellent Experience!- 9/2/2021Hicham Bourjaili • Associate Research Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI took the on-line course of Springboard Data Analytics. The curriculum covers a broad range of the industry's best practices. The student is allowed to explore new methods of structuring the scientific inquiry, mapping the field of investigation, providing solutions, discussing their validity and limitations, and sharing their presentations in elegant and effective ways with diverse audiences.
I had to be disciplined to keep the pace, studying in the evening and the weekend, in addition to being a single father and a full-time government professional. Mentors, Coaches, Advisors and other colleague students were very supportive. I am very happy I made it successfully, and more, I am grateful for the professional guidance I received challenging me to succeed even when I could have been tempted to drop my hands.I can now read, write and speak confidently about economics and statistics. I can use critical thinking frameworks like HDEIP, MECE, and technology tools for programming, research and analysis like Excel 365, SQL, Python, and for visualization like Power BI and Tableau. I am confident exploring any topic of interest with data. My two Capstone Projects illustrate it perfectly: "Manufacturing Recovery Economic Recovery" and "More Monies More Polarization". I was allowed to explore one topic in economics and one in political economics successfully! Though my background is in physics, engineering, environmental and social sciences!
I belong now to a community that likes to keep learning and sharing with alike professionals. This is huge!
I definitely recommend Springboard to other professionals, colleagues and friends!
- online course with great support team- 9/1/2021Alena • BI Engineer • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI completed Data Science course recently. I would recommend this course, because I really like the way the course is structured and support that I had. I got all needed knowledge for this industry and understood which direction I most interested in being productive.
- Great program overall- 8/28/2021Razvan Nelepcu • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros: 1:1 Mentoring. They will guide you through the curriculum, help you set goals, keep you accountable if that's something that you want or need. The program has also an active Slack community, On demand Mentor Support, Career Support, Career Lessons and 3 different types of specializations, to meet different needs. It also has a lot of hands on case studies and 2 Data Science Capstone Projects.
Con: I have to say that I started to really appreciate the program in the second part of it. The mentor change, the 2 Capstones and joining a group study with weekly meetings made the program more enjoyable.
Overall, it was a really good decision to pick Springboard.
- Data Science Career Track- 8/26/2021Mark Perez • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis was one of the websites that I initially looked at when deciding which boot camp to pursue. Springboard was highly rated, and with good reason. After finishing the curriculum, I can say that I feel confident in my abilities in implementing data science methods. The boot camp provides access to the platform DataCamp, which has become one of my favorite resources to practice my coding skills. The staff and my mentor were also very helpful throughout the journey. I never felt intimidated about reaching out because they were all so nice. As long as you pace yourself and commit to improving yourself daily, you will have no trouble achieving great feats with the course.
- UX Career Track- 8/22/2021Jenny Ruan • Jr.UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI really appreciated that Springboard's course setting, I have chance to learn fundamental knowledge but also able to have real-world project. My mentor is a design manager from Facebook which she always share her professional view. Most importantly, it supposed to be a 6 months bootcamp, but Springboard gave me extra five months extension for free. Their Industry Project helps me to land a full-time UX design job after I graduate from bootcamps for a month. All three of my teammates landed a job, and now we're also building a great relationships. Highly recommended.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track- 8/19/2021Matthew Jacobs • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is an excellent curated program which provides all of the resources you would need to land a job in ML/DS. They do not hold your hand however, you get out what you put in, and you can go as fast or slow as you want. They simply conglomerate the best material out there for you to study, and the best resources for perfecting your application and interview skills for the industry. The material is not their own, but it is so well organized and you know you are learning something valuable instead of guessing what videos/articles are useful to consume. Your mentor can guide you to better understand the industry and develop an impressive capstone project, and the career coaches are indispensable (I owe my interview performance to my career coach). Then the mock interviews at the end of the course are helpful for easing you into that intense, highly demanding interview process. I was coming from academia (mastered out of my physics PhD program), and this was the perfect solution to help me become industry-relevant. Of course my degree contributed to my ability to land interviews, but I can tell you I would not have been able to do any of it without Springboard. I was able to secure a DS position at a top tech company after 6 months (full-time) at Springboard, and I would highly recommend the program if you are looking to break into tech.
- Amazing experience!- 8/13/2021Alfred Hull • Senior Data Engineer • Student • Course: Data Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more! This school is amazing and prepares students to make the rubber meet the road.
- UX/Ui Career Tracj- 8/13/2021Jeremy W • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI began at Springboard two months before the pandemic. IT rocked my life and Springboard made graduation possible. The circumstances were truly, unique. They provided enough flexibility and advice to direct me towards completion on time. The principles learned and results of cumulative work that lead to a portfolio was the foundation I needed. Even if it's not perfect when you finish, you will learn that iterations are part of the process. Design is a moving target and Springboard can give you the support to attempt and stick it.
- UX Designer- 8/11/2021Regine • Jr. UX Designer • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInEver since I enrolled in Springboard's UX/UI Career Track, I started to recommend this course to everyone around me who is interested in tech or design. The curriculums are well put together, the 4 projects really makes up a great portfolio and the 1 on 1 mentorship was super helpful. It took me 10 months to complete the course and I spent way over 20 hours per week, but it was worth it. I ended up landing a job just 2 weeks after graduating.
- A life changing experience!- 8/11/2021Jason Young • UI/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInReally enjoyed my time at Springboard's UX Career Track program which helped me start my job as a UX/UI designer after having worked professionally in marketing/visual design for nearly 10+ years.
—The career services module was easily worth the price of admittance. It helped keep me sane during my 9+ month job hunt and helped me stay on track during this arduous process.
— My mentor was fantastic and I am still in touch with her today and am benefitting from hearing her stories and how I could best apply lessons she learned to my current job situation.
— The IDP project was great and helped teach me to work alongside other designers.
—The school aggregates its curriculum from various online sources which are available for free, so it could theoretically be self-taught. However, having the proper learning structure in place still really helped.
— It teaches UX from the traditional waterfall perspective which not all companies follow. It was a bit of an adjustment for me to adapt these principles to more agile processes, which many companies use nowadays.
_ It's up to the student to figure out how to standout from the rest of the crowd/graduates. Your portfolio will look quite similar to others upon graduation so it's up to the student to figure out how to best find a solution to this.