19 Best Coding Bootcamps in Boston
5Graduate - Course: Immersive Full Stack Software Engineering Program - Boston
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 594Reviews19CoursesNew York City, San Francisco, Sydney, London, and 47 more...Washington, Seattle, Melbourne, Singapore, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Online, Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Raleigh, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Toronto, Paris, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Edinburgh, Manchester, Adelaide, Calgary, Vancouver, Halifax, Columbus, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Louisville, Miami, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, San Jose, Tampa, Buffalo, WinnipegGeneral Assembly offers short and long courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more, online and in-person, across 15 camp... Read MoreGeneral Assembly offers short and long courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more, online and in-person, across 15 campuses in 4 continents. Focusing on the most relevant and in-demand skills across data, design, business, and technology, General Assembly is confronting a skills gap and providing access to opportunities in tech. General Assembly offers a breadth of different course offerings and classes range from full-time immersive courses for learners that want to switch to a new career, to part-time courses for learners that are looking to improve their career trajectory by acquiring a new skill set, and mentor-led online circuits for a more flexible way to acquire foundational skills. Read More
5Student - Course: 2. Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Difficult, Fulfilling, and Life ChangingThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking t ... Read MoreThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking to learn full stack Web Development. The Instructors and TA's are top notch, friendly, and helpful!... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Bootcamp Prep - San Francisco
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Bootcamp PrepI highly recommend First Step Coding's "Bootcamp Prep Course " as an introduction to the curriculum, and format you'll experience in a Bootcamp.Andy and Shlomy ... Read MoreI highly recommend First Step Coding's "Bootcamp Prep Course " as an introduction to the curriculum, and format you'll experience in a Bootcamp.... Read Less
Andy and Shlomy were great instructors. They have both technical expertise and teaching skills. The final “interview” with Kurt at the end of the class put me on the data science path. The material from this course gave me a good foundation to start prepping for a bootcamp.
I just graduated from Metis' Data Science Bootcamp, and it all started with the Bootcamp Prep Course.
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: 2019 Web Development BootcampThe Framingham State University Bootcamp helped me expand my knowledge into Web Development! I've always wanted to learn more about how websites worked and this ... Read MoreThe Framingham State University Bootcamp helped me expand my knowledge into Web Development! I've always wanted to learn more about how websites worked and this program came around at the right time.... Read Less
The teachers work in the industry and are able to speak to what you would be required to learn and do in that field. All material taught is relevant to what the industry calls for and is a great starting point for a Web Development career and all paths you can take with it.
The staff is 100% committed to your success and they go above and beyond to make sure that success happens! After-program career support connected me with tons of resources and got my resume and cover letter seen by real people, who are industry connections of the program. Despite the troubles COVID caused with hiring, they never stopped being active in my job search. There was always someone available to help me with networking contacts, resume and cover letter creation, or as a sounding board to bounce ideas off of. It's nice to have someone on your side.
Once the lockdowns eased and companies were feeling more comfortable, I was in a position to be hired immediately! As long as you put in the effort, you will absolutely get the full benefit out of this program.
- 4Reviews2CoursesThe AI Institute is an online Artificial Intelligence and Data Science bootcamp based in Paris, France and Boston, Massachusetts with full-time and part-time... Read MoreThe AI Institute is an online Artificial Intelligence and Data Science bootcamp based in Paris, France and Boston, Massachusetts with full-time and part-time course offerings. The full-time Data Science bootcamp takes up to 3 months to complete, and the part-time Data Science bootcamp is 16 to 20 weeks long. The bootcamp curriculum covers Artifical Intelligence (AI) applications for industry sectors, such as retail, automotive, healthcare, defense and security, and marketing and advertising. Students in the bootcamp learn convolutional neural network, machine learning, Python, Tensorflow, AWS, Hadoop, and autoencoder as well as the tasks, tools, and best practices of product management and project management, such as MVP, user stories, agile methodologies, scrum, and design sprint. Students also learn how to analyze the ethical concerns about AI, guideline recommendations for an ethical AI, and AI impacts on society. Students are taught the main IT tools used in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, and will learn how to leverage AI ML APIs, frameworks libraries, Pytorch, SciKitLearn, Keras, and PySpark. Read More
5Student - Course: Web Development Bootcamp - Boston
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: One of the BEST decisions I've ever madeI was looking for a career change at the end of 2019 and started researching web development. I loved that this bootcamp was local and offered one day a week in ... Read MoreI was looking for a career change at the end of 2019 and started researching web development. I loved that this bootcamp was local and offered one day a week in person classes. I was so nervous that I would end up in over my head (I had ZERO coding experience) but all of my nerves went away after orientation. I was so inspired by that first day of class. This isn't just a web development course, this is also a course in professional and personal development. My classmates came from all different backgrounds and that made this class so much more interesting! We were encouraged to discuss our different backgrounds and to celebrate and utilize each other's strengths. I always felt comfortable asking questions in class and was never made to feel embarrassed for not understanding something. The instructors do an an amazing job of balancing teaching technical skills and soft skills. I still can't believe how much I learned and all of the things I built in just a few months. I was so impressed with how quickly and efficiently they were able to pivot our class to 100% online when the pandemic started in March, they were still able to provide a number of interesting and informational speakers and engage all of us in meaningful discussions. All students are offered career support after graduation which was extended for many of us due to the tough job market during the pandemic. You will not find a more supportive group of teachers and staff who truly care about your future. These are people I know I will stay in touch with for years to come and skills that I will use for life.... Read Less
- 215Reviews3CoursesFounded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses... Read MoreFounded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs. Read More
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and ... Read MoreProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.... Read Less
- 35Reviews3CoursesThe Data Incubator offers an intensive full-time, 8-week Data Science Fellowship, a part-time, 20-week Data Science Fellowship, and a full-time, 8-week Data ... Read MoreThe Data Incubator offers an intensive full-time, 8-week Data Science Fellowship, a part-time, 20-week Data Science Fellowship, and a full-time, 8-week Data Engineering Fellowship in NYC, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and online. Designed by experienced data science instructors and with feedback from industry partners, TDI’s data programs help students master in-demand skills so they can launch a data career. The course accepts applicants who have degrees in STEM and equips them with the final skills to be self-sufficient, productive contributors to data science. Read More
Andres Gonzalez Casabianca
5Graduate - Course: Data Incubator Fellowship - Washington
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great way to hone your skills and position yourself as a Data Scientist in the industryThe application process can be daunting and intimidating, however, each step has its reasons. This makes each cohort learn and progress in a homogeneous pace, w ... Read More
The application process can be daunting and intimidating, however, each step has its reasons. This makes each cohort learn and progress in a homogeneous pace, which is key to a successful completion of the TDI.
I was part of the D.C 2017 winter cohort and the 8 weeks were key to position myself as a Data Scientist in the industry. You share and work collaboratively with the rest of the cohort, making it invaluable because you are not only learning from the diverse curriculum but also from your peers. At the end of the day, Data Science is both a Science and an Art, so different perspectives and approaches to problem-solving definitely enhance your skillset.
Additionally, there is a focus on soft skills, from getting your resume up to speed to effective communication. Each week there are dedicated sessions on how to tackle interview questions, how to sell yourself, and how to navigate opportunely the recruiting process, complementing TDI's rigorous technical curriculum.
Going to the TDI was not only enriching but also enjoyable. You come out of the program with a powerful network of top-notch data scientist, a second to none skillset and the right toolkit to navigate the corporate world.... Read Less
- 11Reviews2CoursesXR Terra offers 12-week AR & VR Developer and Visual Design bootcamps in Boston and online. For the online bootcamp option, students will spend 7 hours p... Read MoreXR Terra offers 12-week AR VR Developer and Visual Design bootcamps in Boston and online. For the online bootcamp option, students will spend 7 hours per week in live virtual classes, and an additional 5 hours on self-study and projects. XR Terra bootcamps are intensive and project-based with real industry projects. Read More
5Graduate - Course: AR & VR Developer - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: New identity obtainedI've been slowly teaching myself to code over the years. Then slowly learning game development online with a Udemy course. This last fall I decided to really co ... Read MoreI've been slowly teaching myself to code over the years.... Read Less
Then slowly learning game development online with a Udemy course.
This last fall I decided to really commit to being a builder in the coming Metaverse. I wanted to learn how to actually start working on my own ideas.
At first I was over my head. The pace of the course was crazy, I was learning so much, I was overwhelmed.
But a few weeks in things started to click.
By the end of the course I surprised myself with what I was able to create for the final project.
I'm no longer a wannabe VR developer, now I am a VR developer. I still have a long ways to go, but as a developer, not a wannabe developer. :) Thank you XR Terra
5Graduate - Course: Full-time Software Engineering Immersive - Conducted online in PT, CT & ET and in-person in NYC - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Codesmith Can Change Your LifeThis is a long review, but I know how intense this process can be for those of you looking at attending a bootcamp. It has now been about a year since I decided ... Read MoreThis is a long review, but I know how intense this process can be for those of you looking at attending a bootcamp. It has now been about a year since I decided to attend a bootcamp to change careers. I looked everywhere online when I settled on going to a bootcamp; I read every review, I watched every video on Youtube, I even messaged alumni of different bootcamps on LinkedIn, and eventually, I found my way to Codesmith. For the last 3 months since the program, I’ve considered myself lucky everyday I made the choice I did.
Codesmith is without question, the best educational environment I’ve had the privilege to learn in. I’ve been lucky enough to go to good schools in the past, but I’m really proud, frankly, to say that this online bootcamp has really left them in the dust in key ways. I’ll make a note here that I was hired as a fellow by the program after my time in the immersive program, so if you need a grain of salt to start, there could be one.
- Admissions: It is worth making a comment right away that getting into Codesmith is not easy, but it is NOT an unjust process like I experienced in other programs. I speak from experience as someone who applied elsewhere, tried to go through admission processes at other places (everyone should have options), and eventually conducted the literal technical interviews for Codesmith myself, the admissions process is doing its job well. I won’t get too lost in the details, but I will say that if you can pass the Codesmith technical interview, you have what it takes to become a software engineer. They test on every quality and detail that I was tested on in a real technical interview for the job I have now. That all said, don’t rush into this process. It is possible, having seen both sides of admissions, to brute force your way through, with time. Do NOT throw $20k into something before you are ready. If you understand, for example, how to add methods to a prototype so they can be inherited by other objects, you could be ready. If you have no idea what I mean by that, do not stress even a little bit; just take your time to learn is my point (:
- Portfolio: Not a ton to say here, although a ton could be said. It is worth noting that you will have a better time job hunting when you have real open-source products on the resumé. And Codesmith focuses on making you build real, open-source projects before you leave. You don’t want to pay for a program that is tutorial style really, because why not just spend $2k (at most) in Udemy courses and be done with it? Codesmith makes you build in small teams of engineers (like in the real world), on projects that are technically impressive and that are REALLY challenging. You’ll hear “hard learning” thrown around a lot in and out of the program, and there is no form of better learning than solving a bug you’ve been stuck on for 6 hours with a team; this makes a good portfolio for sure.
- Hiring Support: I have so much love for the hiring support team answering every ridiculous, anxious question I ever hit them with, day or night. Codesmith really points you in a direction at the end of the program and teaches you how to carry yourself in interviews in the tech industry. Tech interviews and getting hired generally as a software engineer is honestly very formulaic. It’s almost entirely behavioral / very ceremonial, which was somewhat surprising to me. Codesmith guides you through all of these processes and really do their best to ensure you have support networks (during and after the program) to guide you through the idiosyncrasies of the tech industry. I would NOT have gotten a job as smoothly as I did if it wasn’t for their mentorship.
- Management/Team: This part could be a never-ending rant. I think what you will find, even will find just by attending the free workshops, is that Codesmith is a community of really passionate people that are putting in the work for the right reasons. I truly believe Codesmith only works because the instructors and the management of the organization are people who are passionate about seeing people change their lives. Will Sentance is the founder and owner, and not only will he give your cohort a lecture at the end, but you will get several chances to hear from him throughout the program; could not be any more apparent this person cares about fostering a space for people to change their lives. Eric Kirsten is a senior board advisor that will lead you through the hiring program. Eric is another huge element of the “secret sauce” of success at Codesmith. Takes a certain level of tailored mentorship to get an engineer to negotiate $15k in base salary after only 8-12 months of studying the industry, and Eric will take a hands-on approach to make sure you get that. Phillip Troutman, he’s the chief academic officer, is another key player you’ll hear from often. Let me tell you, part of the secret of Codesmith is convincing students every day they can do everything and anything so that they actually go out and attempt insane feats of engineering; Phillip is the key to that happening. Every program has different instructors, but in the central remote program — Katrina Villanueva and Jared Lewis are *the* reason students understand the core curriculum so well. Their compassion and attention towards student success is without question what makes the CTRI immersive so effective. For the sake of not making this piece of the review endless, I’ll stop here, but yes, there are that many incredible people in this organization.
- School / Life Balance: There is very little balance. This is my very real, very difficult con for the program that I would not hide from anyone. You will eat, sleep, and breathe Codesmith, which at times will be a lot to handle. This program is hard. You will watch your cohort go lows and highs of imposter syndrome almost daily. It can even feel a bit cult-like, I suppose, at times. But what can I say — you get a room of intelligent people together every day who want to change careers in a (seemingly) impossible time frame into a field that is really challenging and competitive. It isn't crazy to assume that process will be hard, but if you put the work in you’ll be so glad you did it one day. It took me about 10-11 months, from start to finish, from the day I decided to attend Codesmith, to the day I got a job offer.
There are other great programs out there for sure, but if I was to do this all over again, I’d be right back at Codesmith.
5Graduate - Course: Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A fantastic experience!I recently finished up the Coding Temple Part-Time online 12-week Bootcamp and had an absolutely fantastic experience with it. Right off the bat, major credit ... Read MoreI recently finished up the Coding Temple Part-Time online 12-week Bootcamp and had an absolutely fantastic experience with it. Right off the bat, major credit has to go to my instructor, Christian, for his stellar job of communicating clearly and plainly for a coding newbie like myself. From day one there was a very fun tone set for our class that took most of the traditional dry/boring-ness of traditional education completely out of the equation. Don't let that fool you however, it was a very intense 12 weeks and requires a great deal of dedication, time, discipline, and research on your own time to truly get the most out of this course. It's very much a "you get out what you put in" scenario so if you're taking the plunge I highly suggest going in 100% and not half-assing it.... Read Less
The structure of the course is well thought out and makes logical sense as you built a strong foundation of coding knowledge early on in the classroom and through daily challenges, homework, and projects. If there were ever any students that weren't sure of how something worked or if there was ever any confusion on a topic, Christian was to-notch at figuring out a different approach to explaining it to us to make sure that we all stayed together on the learning journey and that no one was left behind.
Overall I will say it was the right choice for me to go with Coding Temple for several personal reasons. Scheduling, timeline, availability of instructors/tutors, budget, and reputation were all very important in my decision to choose this bootcamp over the numerous other ones I looked into. Enough about that though... if you're serious about trying to switch careers into software development you should go ahead and apply now! console.log('Thanks for reading my review! Best of luck out there!')
- 12Reviews6CoursesDeep Dive Learning Academy is an education company offering full-time (14 weeks) and part-time (22 weeks), online personal mentorship programs in full stack ... Read MoreDeep Dive Learning Academy is an education company offering full-time (14 weeks) and part-time (22 weeks), online personal mentorship programs in full stack and web development. All of Deep Dive’s programs include personal mentorship and capstone projects as it can be a significant distinction in professional success. Depending on how much mentorship a student requires, students can choose from Flex (25 personal mentor sessions), Pro (50 personal mentor sessions), or Intensive (70 personal mentor sessions) programs. In addition to mentorship, Deep Dive Learning Academy provides job assistance, and for students of either the Pro or Intensive options, a job guarantee. Upon program completion, Deep Dive’s career coaches will be there to ensure each student gets the job they deserve. Read More
- 1Reviews4CoursesInsight is an intensive 7-week post-doctoral training fellowship bridging the gap between academia and data science in Silicon Valley and New York. Applicant... Read MoreInsight is an intensive 7-week post-doctoral training fellowship bridging the gap between academia and data science in Silicon Valley and New York. Applicants should have a background in Physics Astrophysics, Mathematics Statistics, Neuroscience Bioinformatics, or Engineering Computer Science, as well as their PhD. Students are mentored by employees of top tech companies, who then hire graduates as data scientists and engineers. Insight is a funded PhD fellowship, so admitted fellows do not pay upfront tuition. Read More
- 0Reviews1CourseAmerican Graphics Institute is a design education program offering a variety of workshops and courses in design disciplines like UX and web design. AGI offer... Read MoreAmerican Graphics Institute is a design education program offering a variety of workshops and courses in design disciplines like UX and web design. AGI offers accredited certificates in various subjects. AGI has both full and part time programs in Boston, Philadelphia, New York, as well as online. Read More
- 0Reviews2CoursesPlaycrafting offers part-time, 8-week mobile game development courses in NYC, San Francisco, and Boston. Students will focus on learning Unity and C# to crea... Read MorePlaycrafting offers part-time, 8-week mobile game development courses in NYC, San Francisco, and Boston. Students will focus on learning Unity and C# to create games from prototype to finished product. Each class session incorporates time for troubleshooting and critiquing of a student's current project, and by the end of the course, students will be able to build a game idea in Unity and export it to the platform of their choice. By learning from gaming industry professionals, students will sharpen their game development skill set. Also, students will join the Playcrafting community and have access to educational events, dynamic networking opportunities, and classes to help them crack the code to gaming success. Read More
- 0Reviews5CoursesPer Scholas offers 10-15-week, intensive courses in Full Stack Java Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Cloud DevOps, and IT Support in 17 citi... Read MorePer Scholas offers 10-15-week, intensive courses in Full Stack Java Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Cloud DevOps, and IT Support in 17 cities across the US. Per Scholas training programs are designed to connect local talent with technology employers by preparing motivated adults from overlooked talent pools for rewarding tech careers with no-cost training powered by corporate partners. Throughout the training courses, Per Scholas works with learners on technical skills and professional development to prepare them for positions and interviews with their employer partners. After graduation, Per Scholas connects learners directly to jobs at employer partners. Per Scholas continues to provide ongoing career coaching, networking opportunities and career services support for up to 2 years post-training. Read More
- 0Reviews1CourseSuffolk University Bootcamp is a data science bootcamp at Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. Classes are taught by professional Data Scientists, An... Read MoreSuffolk University Bootcamp is a data science bootcamp at Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. Classes are taught by professional Data Scientists, Analysts, and Managers. Bootcamp students will learn R, RStudio, SQL, MYSQL, APIs, and Python as well as Tableau, Advanced Excel, Google Sheets, and Data Visualization. Students learn forecasting, statistical modeling, and machine learning. During the bootcamp, students work with a local company to build a solution for a real need they have. Students build a portfolio that includes their own data-driven analysis and presentation. Read More