Playcrafting offers part-time, 8-week mobile game development courses in NYC, San Francisco, and Boston. Students will focus on learning Unity and C# to create games from prototype to finished product. Each class session incorporates time for troubleshooting and critiquing of a student's current project, and by the end of the course, students will be able to build a game idea in Unity and export it to the platform of their choice. By learning from gaming industry professionals, students will sharpen their game development skill set. Also, students will join the Playcrafting community and have access to educational events, dynamic networking opportunities, and classes to help them crack the code to gaming success.
Recent Playcrafting News
Learn Unreal in 8 Weeks
The Unreal Engine has been used since 1998 to make hundreds of incredible games of every imaginable style and genre. From Batman to Rocket League, Mortal Kombat and more, this is the software that the industry’s biggest developers have used to make the most popular games that keep us coming back for more. This course is your chance to make games of your own, no prior experience needed. Unreal Engine 4 is the most developer-friendly version yet, with intuitive tools for getting game prototypes built out quickly. But it features enough underlying power and flexibility to handle the most demanding professional work. Best of all? Unreal Engine is now free for new developers, making it more accessible than ever. This course will take you from beginner to intermediate by having you build three small games with the class and a fourth that you will create yourself with help from the instructor. Unreal’s Blueprint scripting system will be used throughout. Each session includes 30 minutes for troubleshooting and critiquing the current project. By the end of class, you’ll be able to build your game with Unreal and export it to the platform of your choice. The projects you build in class are yours to keep, continue iterating on and ultimately release if you’d like.
- Payment Plan
- Payment Plan Is available upon request
- Scholarship information can be available upon request.
- Minimum Skill Level
- No prior experience needed.
- Prep Work
- Obtain a lap top with an updated version of Unreal.
Learn Unity in 8 Weeks
This course will take you from beginner to intermediate by having you build two small games with the class and a third you create yourself with help from the instructor. Both Unity editor scripting and C# scripting are used throughout. Each session includes 30 minutes for troubleshooting and critiquing the current project. By the end of the class, you’ll be able build your game idea in Unity and export it to the platform of your choice, and the instructor will help you submit your game to the relevant app store.
- Payment Plan
- Payment Plan is available upon request
- Scholarship information is available upon request
- Minimum Skill Level
- No prior experience is needed.
- Prep Work
- Must have a laptop with Unity installed.
New York City
0 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Our latest on Playcrafting
Missed out on coding bootcamp news in April? Never fear, Course Report is here! We’ve collected everything in this handy blog post and podcast. This month, we read about why outcomes reporting is useful for students, how a number of schools are working to boost their diversity with scholarships, we heard about student experiences at bootcamp, plus we added a bunch of interesting new schools to the Course Report school directory! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →