XR Terra offers 12-week AR & VR Developer and Visual Design bootcamps in Boston and online. For the online bootcamp option, students will spend 7 hours per week in live virtual classes, and an additional 5 hours on self-study and projects. XR Terra bootcamps are intensive and project-based with real industry projects.
AR & VR Developer bootcamp students will learn Unity, C#, version control, developer testing, programming core interactions, and project management. Students will learn how to work with Particle effects, how to implement mobile control, the art and audio pipeline, 3D interactions, and AR/VR best practices. Students will also implement small projects using an AR development workflow. Students will get experience developing a beta version of a VR prototype and prepare a pitch presentation and VR showcase. By bootcamp completion, students will have developed several ready-to-publish VR projects, which they will present to industry partner representatives. At the end of the bootcamp, students have the option to take the Unity Certified Programmer Exam, though this is not required to complete the bootcamp.
The AR & VR Visual Design bootcamp curriculum covers UX/UI design for immersive AR/VR experiences. Students will learn storyboarding and wireframes, prototyping, and UX/UI design for 2D and 3D projects. Students will also learn Unity audio, video, and animation, and Particle effects. Bootcamp students will work on industry-based projects and will learn product pitch and presentations. Students will also learn how to showcase their projects and portfolios.
AR & VR Visual Design bootcamp applicants are required to have at least two years of experience in 2D design. Experience in 3D modeling is preferred. AR & VR Developer bootcamp applicants are required to have a familiarity with modern programming languages, experience in the full software development lifecycle, and an understanding of professional team software practices. Ideally, AR & VR Developer applicants will also have experience in game development and an understanding of 3D mathematics.
All bootcamp students receive job search support from the XR Terra career development team. The XR Terra career development team will help match bootcamp students within their network of employers based on students’ qualifications and experience. Students also receive 1:1 support from instructors during regular office hours.
Recent XR Terra Reviews: Rating 4.33
Recent XR Terra News
- Artificial Intelligence, C#, Unity, Augmented Reality, Game Development, Virtual Reality
OnlinePart Time7 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $6,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis intensive AR & VR development bootcamp gives current software engineers the skills and experience that gets them hired at top XR companies. This program is designed for software developers, engineers, and computer science/engineering students. The curriculum helps provide a structured and fast-paced framework for individuals looking to enter into the rapidly-growing XR industry. Weekly Time Commitment: 7 hours of live online instruction + 7~10 hours of self-study and team project work Coursework includes several projects to help build a professional portfolio. Students also complete industry projects where they work with an external XR partner to prototype an AR / VR solution with guidance from our instructors. Program graduates also receive job search support from our career services team. On completion, students will be able to meet some or most qualifications for roles including: AR VR software engineer AR, VR software developer Unity developer AR mobile application developer Gameplay programmer
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment plans are available. Scholarship Scholarships are available.
Minimum Skill Level Applicants are required to have a familiarity with modern programming languages, experience in the full software development lifecycle, and an understanding of professional team software practices. Placement Test No Interview No
- Virtual Reality, Product Management, Design, Augmented Reality, User Experience Design, Unity, Artificial Intelligence
OnlinePart Time12 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $6,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis intensive AR & VR visual design bootcamp gives current designers, artists and UI/UX professionals the skills and experience that gets them hired at top XR companies. With live instruction, industry-based projects, and a focus on getting students portfolio-ready, the program provides all the tools to launch a career as an expert in UX / UI for AR and VR. Weekly Time Commitment: 7 hours of live online instruction + 7~10 hours of self-study and team project work Coursework includes several projects to help build a professional portfolio. Students also complete industry projects where they work with an external XR partner to prototype an AR / VR solution with guidance from our instructors. On completion, students will be able to meet some or most qualifications for roles including: AR, VR : UX Designer AR, VR : UI Designer AR, VR : Product Designer AR, VR : Producer AR, VR : UX Researcher
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment plans are available. Scholarship Scholarships are available.
Minimum Skill Level Experience with applications such as Sketch, Figma,Framer, or Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Experience Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop Experience with design layouts and basic design theory Experience with a 3D modeling software Placement Test No Interview No
XR Terra Reviews
6 reviews sorted by:
- AR x VR Business Strategy- 11/16/2021Xiomara Ventura • Student • Campus: OnlineThis course is like no other! Where do I begin. Every class was tailor to make sure you had a great understanding of every aspect of AR x VR Business Strategy. The program has a great length that fits any schedule, all reading material and activities where design to make progres in our learning journey. The most important thing the level of knowledge from all guest speakers OMG beyond amazing!! All examples where based on real market value and cases. Sure thing and by far the best program EVEEEER!
- Great Experience and Portfolio Builder- 11/29/2021Anonymous • Graduate • Course: AR & VR Developer • Campus: OnlineI was always very interested in AR/VR and decided to take a XR boot camp. I'm really happy I ended up taking XRTerra's Developers Bootcamp. I have a design background but wanted to push myself more into the developers role. The teachers were extremely helpful and always available to talk. They allowed me to bring in my Design background into every project as well as learning more of the developers/engineering side of AR/VR. The course provides all the necessary materials and people for you to succeed.
What I learned is that you will gain as much as you put into the course. If you work hard you will learn so much! But if you slack off and try to sneak by (as I saw with some students) you won't learn as much or have a cool project to put into your portfolio, so make sure to stay focused and ask for help! I put in a LOT of work to build my resume and portfolio and was able to get a job in the XR industry after the boot camp and am really loving my job.
- Well Worth it!- 11/24/2021Anonymous • Graduate • Course: AR & VR Developer • Campus: Online
- Find a Different Bootcamp. Seriously.- 7/14/2021Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: OnlineI would not recommend XR Terra. It's too new and the instructors are not actual teachers. They have a difficult time explaining their thought process and are very bad at responding to student questions. Even when you ask for clarification, they are not able to do so. They move way too fast for anyone to really comprehend and absorb the materials. It's like talking to robots that have a screw missing. They claim the program is for people who are working full-time, but it's best for those who are not working or working part-time. It's also a program better set for those who have an understanding of Unity already. It's not meant for beginners. There's not a ton of help to find a job after the fact either. If you want to get into the space, go to another bootcamp or teach yourself. Do not waste your money.
- An Immersive XR Development Program- 10/29/2020Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: BostonXR Terra's XR Development program was an amazing experience. Their team is superb. They offered so many resources and support that even students with limited experience were able to participate in it. It's an excellent and immersive program for anyone looking to gain experience in VR/AR development. The project based curriculum left me with plenty of content for my personal e-portfolio and I was able to conclude my experience with lots of knowledge and applicable skills.
- XRTerra AR/VR Developer Program Review- 9/17/2020Anonymous • Student • Course: AR & VR Developer • Campus: OnlineI took this boot camp in the summer of 2020 as a way to expose myself to XR and determine if I wanted to pursue it as a career. The lectures were easy to follow along, and Jonathan provided great explanations of what different lines of code meant. He shared his screen to show the entire development process of the applications from start to end, which made it easy for us Unity newbies to follow along and get the hang of Unity. After the first few assignments, we received less "hand-holding" guidance so that we were using the skills we had learned so far in creating our projects. All the assets were provided to us, which left us just to do the coding and general scene set-up. After the first 6 weeks of lectures, we started industry projects. There was a 3 week VR project and a 3 week AR project. I felt very ready to tackle the VR project and enjoyed having to complete the entire project cycle, including sourcing assets. The projects were not, however, actually commissioned for use by an industry partner. They were just projects that industry partners were interested in. The AR project was much more challenging, as there had not been much focus in the class on setting up for AR and app development. It involved much more time out of class to learn the tech involved in making the project work. If you are interested in learning Unity and how to build apps for VR, this class is definitely for you. I think you will need a little more background knowledge of app development if you are interested in taking this class for AR. Overall, well worth the money, and I am happy I took the class. The career services provided with the class are amazing and stretch beyond the 12 week class, as XRTerra provides contact information and a general XR community via Slack.