Interview Kickstart, as its name suggests, is a program to help prepare software engineers for their technical interviews. Its program is language-agnostic and laser-focused on preparing for interviews that are heavy on challenging questions on Data Structures, Algorithms and Large Scale Systems Design.
The program is based in Sunnyvale, CA, and they also have a remote option.
Since its inception, they are proud to have placed several candidates into their dream companies, like Snapchat, Uber, Amazon, Microsoft, Google etc. Candidates working at several Bay Area courses have taken their courses.
Teaching and interviewing is done by highly-experienced engineers and interviewers from top-tier companies like Google, Box, etc. The course is part-time over 8 weeks, meeting twice a week for 5 hours a day. Cohorts are limited to 8 students. It is however an intense course and demands a lot of work. Curriculum is sub-divided into various CS topics. Teaching method consists of four parts: instruction by way of interview problems, followed by homework, followed by exit test for each topic and it ends with graded mock interviews with feedback.
The cost of the course is varies based on how students take it and their level of experience.
Recent Interview Kickstart Reviews: Rating 5.0
Data Structures and Algorithms Interview Bootcamp
We are language agnostic, focused on core CS principles. We cover everything that's important for such an interview: 1. Challenging Questions on Data Structures and Algorithms 2. Systems' Design Questions [Scalability, Object Orientation and Multi-threading] 3. Behavioral Questions
- Payment Plan
- Minimum Skill Level
- You should have at least one programming language you’re comfortable with; your primary language.
- Prep Work
- It would be helpful if you brush up your data structures.
In PersonPart Time10Hours/week8 Seats
OnlinePart Time10Hours/week8 Seats
Large Scale Systems Design Interview Bootcamp
One important part of technical interviews, is an understanding of how you'll design systems, and scale them. To that end, we've seen certain specific patterns of interview questions that are asked at good companies. We'll study those in-depth and also do mock interviews in them, all in presence of formidable engineers, working in core systems at some of these top tier firms.
Interview Kickstart Reviews
5 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
I took this course in June of 2017 and it was worth every penny. Working in the industry for several years without having to interview, I was in dire need of a refresher since interviewing in the software engineering space is much different than work done on the job. This course was much more than that.
I signed up and was immediately scheduled for a quick 30 minute phone call with the founder, Soham. Why? They don’t just want sign ups for money; they want to make sure your goals are aligned with what the course offers.
After outlining the course and curriculum, I got started. I attended remotely via video. The course was an in depth dive into the key topics necessary for an interview. Trees, Recursion, Dynamic Programming, Graphs, Object Modeling, Scalable Systems, etc - these were each dedicated a full 4 hours each (12 for scalable systems and 8 for dynamic programming) along with homework and timed tests every week. Besides the topics, they also focused on interview problem solving approach - step by step guidance on how to approach each type of problem. Office hours for questions are also very useful.
During the course and after, I had access to several resources to further ensure my success - 15 mock interviews with senior/principal engineers from reputable industry leaders such as Google, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn, Dropbox, etc. These folks provided feedback after each mock interview which is PRICELESS because this is something you wouldn’t get from a real interview. This allowed me to hone my skills prior to the actual interviews.
Another very important note, and it was shocking to me throughout the process - these folks actually care. Soham and other leaders of the course reached on to me on several occasions to check on my status and provide guidance. Nick spent an hour on the phone during late hours working on techniques to help calm the nerves during interviews and overcome fear.
This course was a life changer - I have since received 4 offers from top companies, Facebook included. Prior to this course (in 2015) when I interviewed with Facebook I didn’t get past the technical phone screen. I passed 12/14 phone screens, and got offers from 4 of the 6 companies I interviewed onsite with.
A couple of things to note:
- The course is extremely intensive - be prepared to spend 14 hours per week on lectures, tests, and homework
- This will give you a strong base, but you will need to spend additional hours practicing on your own - I’d recommend 4–8 hours per week
- Use the course resources! There are office hours, folks from top companies you can reach out to for company specific info, workshops for behavioral interviews, scheduling interviews, negotiating compensation, etc
Seriously, Its one of a kind boot camp to get prepared confidently for technical interviews. Instructors are really really good, humble, knowledgeable and provide great learning experience. Preperation pattern is of top-notch quality.To get 100% ROI out of this course please please prepare the course pre-requisites thoroughly before you start the program otherwise you will feel overwhelming and swamped.
Interview Kickstart is a terrific cohort with some insanely good faculty members who are industry pros and are hugely vested in your interest.
The culture is highly impressive with most of the people down to earth, approachable and very very smart.
Apart from being a coding bootcamp, IK is also doing a great job in covering other topics like Scalability, Concurrency, and Object Oriented Design
Thank you IK