skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (387) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

CSS, Design, Git, HTML
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, Mobile, PHP, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Miriam  User Photo
    Miriam • Student Verified via GitHub
    I'm one third into the Front End Developer + React course and I love it. The courses are subdivided into lessons. Each lesson teaches a topic and includes an instruction video, a written summary of the information and tasks that allow you to apply your new skills to a practical project. At the end of the lesson you review the most important information in form of a quiz.
    I had no previous experience in tech before I started this course and I have to say that I do not regret the investment one bit. The entire curriculum is just so well-built that it is easy to keep going, despite doubts and minor frustrations. I particularly like the fun GIFs and the encouraging language all throughout the course. The Skillcrush community in Slack is also friendly and being able to share problems and successes is very motivating.

• Angela  User Photo
    Angela • Student Verified via GitHub
    I signed up for the Break Into Tech blueprint a few months ago and have enjoyed it so far. Right now I'm working through the Front End Developer section and have completed both the HTML/CSS and Git/Github courses. I like the way Skillcrush stages their instruction so that they introduce new topics bit by bit and slowly have you practice them on your own to get confident with the topic. This is a self paced course so you do have to stay on top of it and make sure you take the time to work on it, or you won't get anywhere.

For this tech newbie, I find the instructional method very helpful and effective. This particular blueprint includes 1-on-1 meetings with Skillcrush advisors and job training courses as well for those who want extra support. I have had one advisor meeting so far and will probably sign up for another soon.

I really enjoy the active Slack community. Fellow Skillcrushers are very kind and helpful, and one instructor in particular, Lisa, is always willing to jump in when you get stuck. She's great! (They all are, I've just noticed that she goes above and beyond.)

One thing I must note is that when I send in feedback challenges, I sometimes write a message to the instructors about how the topic was confusing or difficult, etc, and I get a generic response back (ie. Great job!) I would appreciate a more personalized response in those cases, especially when I mention that I was confused about something.

Overall I'm happy with my decision to start learning with Skillcrush. I'm not sure I see a full time web developer career in my future, but having some skills in this area definitely won't hurt my resume. I look forward to tackling the Responsive Web Design and WordPress courses.

Thank you Skillcrush!

• Sarah Keha  User Photo
    Sarah Keha • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am on my way to becoming a fullstack developer and I am so happy I choose skillcrush. When I was looking for a place to learn, the most important part was having a teacher to talk to individually incase I got stuck. I am so happy with skillcrush because their responses are so quick and respectful. They even have live zoom chats that have helped immensely! I am so excited to keep chuggin away and I know they have my back to get me to my dream of web developing!
  • Hui Chieh J.  User Photo
    Hui Chieh J. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm glad I gave Skillcrush a chance when I decided to pursue a career change into tech. I'm currently taking the Break Into Tech - Front End Developer fast track. Skillcrush lessons are self paced but without deadlines for assignments, plus you get feedback from Instructors and TAs in a timely manner. I absolutely love the community support from like-minded people who are also looking for a career change. It's never too late for anyone to do something different. You don't need a background in computer science to get started. You begin with the basics and are given exercises to try after each lesson. It's been lots of fun learning to code. I would highly recommend Skillcrush if you're looking to get into tech.
  • Shannon Fassett  User Photo
    Shannon Fassett • Financial Sales • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hello!
    Skillcrush has provided me the opportunity to learn at my own pace and the instructors respond to my every email question within minutes!  The instructors are inspirational, positive, and communicate in an easy-to-understand manner.  This is an excellent platform to learn and they provide career guidance.  So far I am having fun learning, and I look forward to getting my first job in tech very soon, with their help of course!!

Shannon Fassett
  • Embarrassed
    - 4/24/2021
    Axel Jorgensen  User Photo
    Axel Jorgensen • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I am absolutely embarrassed that I not only made this purchase but initially gave this course such a high review. This is a bare bones dip in the shallow end of front end web development. This will not get your anywhere close to being ready for a real web development position. Their react section was an atrocious joke. The javascript here is nothing but a taste test of the absolute basics. Once you complete the course they basically tell you to start looking for freelance positions after you've had your hand held through a few really simple projects. You will feel lost and feeble in your abilities. I went to codecademy afterwards and even after getting through the ENTIRE front end engineering course I am still probably a small ways away from landing a career worthy job. Unless you have a sizeable chunk of money to burn and you want your hand held through the absolute basics this course is absolutely not worth it. The only face to face I had with an instructor was with someone who didnt give me any real direction and just affirmed that I was doing well with their course. it was a joke.
  • Victoria F.  User Photo
    Victoria F. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    If your life situation is a little less than conventional (and whose isn't, right now? Hello, 2021! 🤣) but you know in your bones that you need to start putting in the work to switch careers like, yesterday, Skillcrush is an excellent place to begin. I'm a current student taking the Break into Tech course, with a focus on front-end development. I don't have the time or resources to attend a in-person bootcamp or traditional school-I researched these options before discovering Skillcrush! What I *do* have? An hour or two a day to start gradually learning and building my tech skills! Skillcrush is structured beautifully to deliver the information and practice I need, in bite-sized baby steps! You are encouraged to learn how to tackle problems or bugs on your own (real-world life skills!), but are never, ever left out in the cold-there's an active, supportive Slack community of fellow students and alums, Instructors that are easy to reach out to...I seriously look forward to my 2 "Skillcrush" hours every day, now! And I'm gradually building a portfolio of work! I'm so, so glad I made the commitment to myself to start this-I wish I'd started sooner, seriously!
  • NanjiP.  User Photo
    NanjiP. • Student Verified via GitHub
    I worked as an IT Analyst for couple of years, during the start of the Covid crisis, I lost my job, I was looking for work but was unsuccessful, I then decided that I want to change career, I decide that I want to be a Developer, I decide to teach myself the basics and the concepts in Web Development, by watching YouTube videos and Udemy courses, but they are not in-depth, for couple of months I was looking for a Bootcamp course, I went through and had a look at all the schools, and then I found Skillcrush, I thoroughly read all the reviews about them and(a lot of positive reviews)the cost of the course impressed me, I then applied for their 5 day free boot-camp course to get a taste on how they work, loved it, and so I enrolled in Front End and UX design course. I have completed the HTML, CSS part of course and am amazed at how far I have progressed on the course. Tutors are always available to assist and answer questions, I don't really have anything negative to say.
  • Mathew S.  User Photo
    Mathew S. • Soon to be Web Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I spent 18 years in a career that was not for me. For a long time I thought I couldn't change careers but after searching around for a boot camp style course I settled on Skillcrush. I chose them due to the five day free boot camp introduced me to how they work. I am just completing the HTML and CSS part of course and am amazed at how far I have come. I don't really have anything negative to say. It's good stuff.
    - 1/8/2021
    Robyn Jackson  User Photo
    Robyn Jackson • Student Verified via GitHub
    Web developer student continuing my programming education through Skillcrush after graduating with AA degree. I only completed beginning and intermediate html/css courses at my community college. After much research and trials, I chose Skillcrush because I believed it to be the best learning format for me, I felt they offered a solid curriculum that would be tailored to my educational goals and needs, and I really found their stance on diversity and support for women in tech very attractive.
  • Phoebe  User Photo
    Phoebe • Web Developer • Applicant Verified via GitHub
    I was motivated to give coding/web development a go whilst I was on furlough in my HR role through the COVID lockdown in May 2020, after researching the roles and seeing the growing demand in jobs along with the salaries and benefits included. I first started out by watching and practicing to code from YouTube videos and continued by enrolling in a free coding camp and bought a £20 Udemy course. These helped teach me some of the basics, however, they weren't in depth or motivating enough for me to feel confident about starting a career in the field. (Be aware that I had no prior experience in I.T or coding from school/college.)

I had heard about Skillcrush whilst researching online courses and attended a live Q&A with the owner Adda who was great- passionate and very informative. I decide to finally take the plunge when they had a deal with React and advanced CSS included with the break into tech course. They also gave a $300 discount for those who attended the Q&A. For me at the time it was quite a lot of money and so I hoped it would be what I was looking for to help me to get a job in development.

Simply put - this is THE BEST purchase I have ever made without a doubt. The course is completely beginner friendly, yet goes into enough depth to challenge you and teach you the real skills needed for a career in web development. Unlike the other courses I mentioned above that I had tried, Skillcrush's tutors are always there to help and answer any questions fairly quickly and makes the experience more personal and friendly, you also get lifetime access to the course and discounts off of other add on courses such as python (which I intend to do). Thanks to Skillcrush I successfully landed my current job role as a web developer in September 2020 (which was the first interview that I actually went for). I am so thankful that I made the career change into the tech industry with the help of Skillcrush and I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

You 100% get what you pay for with online coding courses and Skillcrush's 'break into tech course' is worth every penny. If you're serious about starting a career in development, I highly recommend taking the leap and getting this course as I wouldn't be where I am now without them and feel proud to have up-skilled and absolutely love my career in web development and working in the tech industry.

10 STARS!