wbs-coding-school-logo

WBS Coding School

Berlin, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Online

WBS Coding School

WBS CODING SCHOOL offers two, 15-week coding bootcamps: Web & App Development and Data Science. The Web & App Development may also be done part-time online in 24 weeks. Full-time bootcamps are delivered in a hybrid format with 12 weeks of live online learning followed by 3 weeks of in-person learning in Berlin, Germany. Accommodations and vegetarian meals are included during this portion of the bootcamp. Part-time bootcamp students are invited to campus for a 3-week stay after they have completed the online portion of the bootcamp.

In the Web & App Development bootcamp, the curriculum covers front end tools and languages. including HTML5, CSS3, Vanilla Javascript, React.js, and React Native. The curriculum covers back end languages and tools, such as Node.js, APIs such as REST and GraphQL, and databases including SQL and NoSQL. Students will learn tools such as Console, Git and GitHub, mobile development, and desktop applications such as Electron. Students will also learn best practices, such as UX/UI fundamentals, SEO for developers, DevOps, including monitoring, CI/CD, and deployment, software testing, Agile methodologies such as Scrum, and project management.

In the Data Science bootcamp, the curriculum covers business analytics, data engineering, machine learning, deep learning, and data science fundamentals. Students will learn SQL, Tableau, Pandas, Python, APIs and web scraping, AWS, MySQL, Keras, and Scikitlearn. Students will build a portfolio of projects over the course of the bootcamp.

WBS CODING SCHOOL does not require applicants to have any previous coding experience. Applicants only need to bring high motivation and a curiosity to understand and solve technical challenges. The application is open to anyone 18 years and older. Students must be proficient in English. After filling out an online application, potential students are given a technical assessment test to prove their ability to learn quickly. If this is passed successfully, the student will have an interview to determine motivation level.

All WBS CODING SCHOOL bootcamp students will receive career services assistance, including interview preparation, CV and LinkedIn profile optimization, GitHub portfolio build-up, hiring events, and tech meetups.

WBS CODING SCHOOL students who are residents of Germany may be able to use their Bildungsgutschein educational voucher to cover the cost of tuition. Students coming to the end of their German military service may be able to use the Berufsförderungsdienst to cover tuition costs. Through CHANCEN eG, WBS CODING SCHOOL also offers Income Share Agreements (ISA).

Recent WBS Coding School Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (39) reviews for WBS Coding School →

Recent WBS Coding School News

• Data Science Bootcamp (full-time)

Start Date August 30, 2021
    LocationBerlin, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Online
    We collaborate with CHANCEN eG and Quotanda. Find the details on our funding page: https://www.wbscodingschool.com/funding-options/
    Tuition PlansThe course fee is generally due in advance, though payment in installments is possible on request. Please discuss the details with our admission team.
    ScholarshipStudents who are residents of Germany may be able to use their 'Bildungsgutschein' educational voucher to cover the cost of WBS CODING SCHOOL tuition.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required. Students must be 18 years or older.
    Prep WorkSome 40 hours of self-study on our Primer platform to ensure all participants begin the course on a level playing field.
    August 30, 2021 - Online Apply by August 13, 2021
    October 18, 2021 - Online Apply by October 01, 2021
    August 30, 2021 - Berlin Apply by August 13, 2021
    October 18, 2021 - Berlin Apply by October 01, 2021
    August 30, 2021 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by August 13, 2021
    October 18, 2021 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by October 01, 2021
  • Full-Stack Web & App Development Bootcamp (full-time)

SEO, Scrum, MySQL, GitHub, DevOps, Agile, SQL, React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS
    Start Date August 30, 2021
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Online, Berlin
    The goal of this 15-week full-time program is to turn you into a fully operational Full-Stack Web & App Developer. Graduates of this course typically find employment as Junior Developers within a very short time frame. The lessons taught cover a diverse set of technologies such as HTML, CSS, Javascript, React.js, Node.js, APIs (REST, GraphQl), and databases (SQL/NoSQL). For the first 12 weeks, you will study remotely on our virtual learning platform together with your classmates – led by professional instructors. The big finale is your stay at our Campus Berlin – accommodation and meals included. You will live and code together with your classmates, preparing your final portfolio project. During the pandemic coming to Berlin is still recommended but optional. Alternatively, you can participate online too.
    August 30, 2021 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by August 13, 2021
    October 18, 2021 - Online Apply by October 01, 2021
    August 30, 2021 - Berlin Apply by August 13, 2021
    September 27, 2021 - Berlin Apply by September 10, 2021
    October 18, 2021 - Berlin Apply by October 01, 2021
  • Full-Stack Web & App Development Bootcamp (part-time)

SQL, SEO, Scrum, REST, React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, DevOps, CSS, Agile
    Start Date September 27, 2021
    The part-time Full-Stack Web & App Development course is for anyone who wishes to expand their skills by studying in the evenings and on Saturdays. Spread over 24 weeks, workshops are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 18:30 to 21:30 (CET), and on Saturdays from 9:00 to 18:00 (CET). Within those 24 weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of a broad range of web development technologies, including HTML, CSS, Javascript, React.js, Node.js, APIs (REST, GraphQl), and databases (SQL/NoSQL). If you want to change your career path entirely and become a Web Developer, we recommend continuing with the optional on-site phase at our campus in Berlin. Combining the part-time course with the campus stay extends the educational scope to a level similar to that of our full-time course.
    September 27, 2021 - Online Apply by September 10, 2021
    November 22, 2021 - Online Apply by November 05, 2021
  • Hyunki Chae  User Photo
    Hyunki Chae • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I just finished 15 weeks Full-stack Web & App development course at WBS Coding school, which was great. Its course greatly organized for beginners to experienced as well. The staff team, instructors, mentors, and alumni will warm-heartedly welcome and guide you on how to get coding skills in your life. If you consider joining the Bootcamp, don't hesitate to apply. Just contact them then they will guide you.
  • Alexander Ditz  User Photo
    Alexander Ditz • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I just finished my 15 week Fullstack Web & App Developer Bootcamp at WBS and can only recommend it to any person who wants to make coding their career. The team is great, always there to help with any questions and the trainers are all very helpful and well trained. The atmosphere in our batch was always friendly and relaxed, and at the same time we motivated each other to always do our best. After 15 weeks, I have not only laid the foundation for my career in programming but also made friends with whom I will continue to stay in contact.
  • do it
    - 5/18/2021
    Giulia  User Photo
    Giulia • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    If you are looking for a coding bootcamp (as a beginner or not) I really recommend and suggest you this course; I applied myself and I went for a full four months bootcamp and I cannot be more happy, I was a beginner  (I didn't know anything about coding) and the course was really well made and now I don't only have the knowledge but I also feel confident and I have a wonderful portfolio to show for my job applications.
    The team of the school is very supporting (from the juniors instructors that are wonderful and super helping to the career advisor).
    The curriculum of the course is really good if you want to be a full stack web developer with the latest programming languages.
    The instructor is active listening to everyone's needs and if you have any problem or you feel even a little bit stack just say it and he will take the time to re-explain anything.
    My advise during the course is to trust the process: I felt myself completely lost at one point but exactly how the instructor kept repeating at one point everything comes together and you fully understand everything.
  • Rafa  User Photo
    Rafa • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Due to the fact I also tried to find out more about the different Bootcamps here, in order to make the right decision where i should register i would like to give you a short summary about my experience with WBS CODING SCHOOL i made during the
    FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER Course from Jan - April 2021.

The curriculum and the tech stack we learned was UP TO DATE and well prepared.
    FRONTEND:
    PostgreSQL (SQL)
    MongoDB(NoSQL)
    TOOLS:
    GIT,NPM,GitHub,Travis CI..

We started from the beginning very practice-oriented.
    Of course the tempo is pretty fast, but i knew that from the beginning - It´s a Bootcamp - and we get help whenever needed from the Jr.Instructors or the great community.
    Nevertheless i recommend to do the Primer (Preparation path) before very carefully.
    We get a lot of “best-practice” Tips from our experienced Instructor Ben and
    once a week we had a one on one with him where he can respond to each one individually…
    I also enjoyed the Team Projects every 2 week where we have practiced to work in a team with the latest Technologies GitHub,LiveShare etc.

In total i felt very comfortable from the start to the end everything was settled perfectly….Workshops,Career service,different online events (Hackathons)..and the Community Manager Janina always offered her help in any cases.

I can highly recommend the FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER course !!!

• Ana Caballero  User Photo
    Ana Caballero • Frontend Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I highly recommend this course since it teaches you everything you need to land your first job as a web developer. It teaches tools and technologies that are relevant today and is very practice-oriented. From the beginning, we worked on one or two-week group projects that we could already use to build up our portfolio. Besides teaching the technical content, our experienced trainer gave us very valuable insights into the actual work as a developer. Paired with the provided career service, I felt very well prepared for job applications and interviews. Having previous (basic) knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript or any other programming language certainly helps to keep up with the fast learning speed and to maybe take even more out of this course. But don’t worry if you take this course with zero previous knowledge - it starts by teaching you all the basics and builds up on them as the course goes further.
  • Coding from day 1
    - 3/15/2021
    Cristiani  User Photo
    Cristiani • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had an amazing experience in these 16 weeks with WBS. The curriculum is well planned with the most recent topics in Web Development and it's executed smartly, making the students be involved and understand the importance of each subject.
    I have only the best compliments my instructor Ben, who was always very patient and highly didact when explaining. I felt that the opinion of the students was always taking into consideration and the staff was caring for us all the time.
    In the end, I got an internship before the course was finished.
  • Göran  User Photo
    Göran • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Experience from the WBS Coding School was amazing  in two ways: personal development and developing astonishing technical skills.
    Personal: you have a class between 9 and 15 people, in the intense time you will find a lot of friends and it's brings people together as like back in the school. So you are not alone in this phase, have anytime somebody to talk to about as well from the staff.
    Technical Skills: In this short time you get a lot of information and new languages to learn from. You should be prepared that a typical 9-6 day can't be really efficient. A bit more extra time should be contributed and planned to finish the course. It's for your own good.
    Overall this program is a tense experience and brings you beyond your expectations in a positive way.

• Imogen Drews  User Photo
    Imogen Drews • Junior Frontend Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     My overall experience at WBS Coding School was great and I would recommend this course to other aspiring web developers out there. I entered this course as a complete beginner, not even knowing what a terminal was or what the difference between backend and frontend development is. In retrospect I feel that this was not the best thing as it made my first month very stressful and I even cried after the first week. I was lucky enough to be working in a great group at that time and they helped me through it and reminded me that the start is scary for everyone but if you persevere and get over the initial bump, coding will start to make sense.

My instructor during the course was great and I really liked his explanation of the course material. I also really liked the fact that the lectures were recorded so I could always go over them at a later time. This was great for me as, since I was such a beginner, I needed to watch some of the lectures again to fully process what what going on.

The only problem with my time there was that the group I was in was really big which I don’t think works for this type of learning. However, once we complained, WBS listened to us and got another part-time instructor on board. This was such a relief for a beginner like me because I really needed the extra help and attention and the instructor that helped was also great at explaining and very supportive. The career counselling was also a nice touch as it helped me adapt my CV to meet German standards and improve my presence on LinkedIn. I would also recommend that people new to coding should do their final project in a group. I did my final project with one other person and I feel that this made the quality of the project and the whole experience of doing it much better.

My time in Berlin was also great as it was nice to meet the people I had been working with for the past months in person and I now feel that I have a small group of people to lean on when times get tough. Having connections in this industry is so important and I think that meeting up with everyone and getting to know them in person was a great added touch to this course. Having this support made the job hunt so much better and less lonely and my group now has their own channel on Discord where we share resources and meet up once in a while. I was very fortunate to have found a job as a frontend developer two months after the course and I feel that the course material prepared me for the role I will be doing.
  • Aleksandar Zlateski  User Photo
    Aleksandar Zlateski • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hi ! I am Aleksandar, a senior digital media designer striving to become the whole package ( growth product designer ). This path is quite long and one of the key expertise I was missing was experience and knowledge in Web Development. After careful consideration I decided to sign up for the Full-stack Web & App development program at WBS Coding School and all I can say it was just the right decision. The curriculum is nicely structured and built for people with different backgrounds. You will never feel left behind and if you do, the the extra set of hands ( junior instructors and school staff ) will help you get back on track.

Regarding the content, we studied the latest tech in Frontend ( Html, Css, Js, React ) and Backend ( NodeJS, Express + DB). We built many complex projects for which I thought I will need years yet we did all of this in only 15 weeks.

Personally, I would always recommend this school to anyone who is interested in getting into Web Development !

• What a journey
    - 2/5/2021
    Thomas Rinke  User Photo
    Thomas Rinke • Senior Marketing Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am not a tech guy and I probably won't turn into one. Nonetheless I was highly interested in learning to code for several years. Last year I decided to turn that wish into reality by taking the Full-Stack Web & App Developer course of WBS CODING SCHOOL. The course was highly demanding - as expected. It is called Coding Bootcamp for a reason. While you are learning it is hard to recognize what improvements you are actually making. But seeing my final project and compare that to my zero skills from the beginning ... I made a giant leap within these four month thanks to the awesome mentor and the whole team of the WBS CODING SCHOOL.
  • Raphael Hemme  User Photo
    Raphael Hemme • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    WBS Coding School’s 15-week hybrid bootcamp isn’t just a course that teaches you to write some web apps. Sure, you will acquire numerous new technical skills and industry knowledge but on top of that the whole program unfolds in a fantastic community of motivated and competent instructors and staff, inspiring guest speakers and peers who might become good friends.
    All that makes this bootcamp both an extremely efficient way to get a solid foundation in full-stack web and app development and a great experience you don’t want to miss.

Starting with a review of the basics you are expected to study in the primer course, you will first work on some smaller plain HTML, CSS and vanilla JavaScript exercises and projects and train your Git and GitHub chops in the command line. But the speed quickly ramps up when React.js is introduced around week 3-4 and then there is another considerable acceleration moment when you’ll transition into the backend side of web development with Node.js and Express. At least that is how it felt to me.

Most likely, there will be times when you are going to struggle to keep up with the pace and as far as I can tell, this is the same for every bootcamp style of program. Knowing that you really want to learn these skills and being determined, will help you to overcome the hurdles some concepts or technologies might pose at first. But aside from your own motivation and persistence, being able to ask your instructor, the junior instructors, the mentors or simply the community support channel for help in such situations is of tremendous value and oftentimes you might even find yourself in the pleasant position to help your peers out with the troubles they might be facing. This contributes to the cohesion and solidarity that builds in your group over time. This is further increased by the fact that you are continuously working in small teams that are reshuffled every one or two (sometime even three) weeks to work on group projects.
    This can be challenging at times, but it is a realistic simulation of the conditions you will most likely find yourself in after graduation. And even such challenging moments might offer you opportunities to practice such extremely important abilities as empathy and patience and maybe even a chance to connect with your peers on a deeper level **and** become more productive as a team.

Also, take advantage of the excellent career services WBS Coding School offers you in the form of regular guest speakers and Q&A sessions with people in the industry as well as personal consultations and fine tuning of your profile, strategy and application documents.

As with everything in this world, there is room for improvement and to give the team due credit for it, they are working on it.
    One thing that might directly affect your planning in case you want to take the plunge and enrol for this program: Don’t take the estimated time for preparation too serious. I think it is (or was) tremendously understated with 20-40 hours. Give yourself enough time to learn the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript during the primer phase or, better even, before that (maybe go to Codecademy, FreeCodeCamp or the MDN tutorials and finish the intro-modules). As one of my peers and new friends remarked in her review:
    I promise you this extra-effort won’t be in vain. You will learn incredibly much either way, but going in with a solid foundation [allows you] to really focus on some more advanced topics and in general [helps in] not being completely overwhelmed 24/7, which is not a state of mind that lets you learn and really manifest knowledge in the long run in my opinion. (https://www.coursereport.com/schools/wbs-coding-school?shared_review=31184#reviews).

And speaking about the effort and time you should expect to invest during the primer phase, be prepared to put in a lot of extra hours during the whole program. It obviously depends on your familiarity with the technologies, but if you are not pretty experienced already or just extraordinarily quick in picking up new concepts and skills, keeping up will demand a lot of work in the nights and weekends which is not an option for everyone. During my time at WBS Coding School, a typical work-week had a good 60 hours of focused work. Maybe the numbers turn out to be different for you, but I think it is important to be aware of the time and effort you need to commit for a productive outcome. You should, therefore, honestly ask yourself and your social environment whether you can maintain this kind of energy for a prolonged period of time.
    If you think you can do that, great! It could still be a good idea to prepare yourself in advance by slowly increasing the amount of time you study and work on code each day during the primer phase like you would prepare yourself for participating in a marathon – which actually is an analogy drawn by our instructor at the start of the course to emphasize the importance of breaks.

Overall, I think the whole WBS Coding School team did a great job in creating this program. It offers you an extremely dense and organized way to learn state of the art technologies in a warm
    and welcoming community. So, if you are searching for a coding bootcamp that offers you all that, WBS Coding School should be at the top of your list.
  • great experience!
    - 1/12/2021
    Alejandra  User Photo
    Alejandra • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course was overall well rounded, clear and a lot of information to take.
    As someone who had almost 0 coding experience (with the exception of random try-outs in some sites over the years but nothing that can be considered knowledgeable), it was a very fulfilling experience. I learned a lot and gained so many tools to continue this journey on my own. Mind you I am still learning, which is something people should have in consideration before staring this course. As some people entered the course expecting to get all the answers before hand and be fully experts at the end of it.
    They can, and they will, teach you the language, but can only do so much as to provide you with tools and the support to learn it. You should know that at the end of the course there is still a lot for you to do, but you will have the know-how. Additionally, if you are a newbie like I was, you most definitely will need more than the 40hours per week of the course. Nevertheless, I loved the whole experience as it helped me to discover a love  for coding I didn't know I have!

My only Con-  the group of 17 was  too large for just one person and a part-time assistant. However, they took this advice and added more support to the courses after mine.