wbs-coding-school-logo

WBS Coding School

Berlin, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Online

WBS Coding School

WBS CODING SCHOOL offers two, 15-week coding bootcamps: Web & App Development and Data Science. The Web & App Development may also be done part-time online in 24 weeks. Full-time bootcamps are delivered in a hybrid format with 12 weeks of live online learning followed by 3 weeks of in-person learning in Berlin, Germany. Accommodations and vegetarian meals are included during this portion of the bootcamp. Part-time bootcamp students are invited to campus for a 3-week stay after they have completed the online portion of the bootcamp.

In the Web & App Development bootcamp, the curriculum covers front end tools and languages. including HTML5, CSS3, Vanilla Javascript, React.js, and React Native. The curriculum covers back end languages and tools, such as Node.js, APIs such as REST and GraphQL, and databases including SQL and NoSQL. Students will learn tools such as Console, Git and GitHub, mobile development, and desktop applications such as Electron. Students will also learn best practices, such as UX/UI fundamentals, SEO for developers, DevOps, including monitoring, CI/CD, and deployment, software testing, Agile methodologies such as Scrum, and project management.

In the Data Science bootcamp, the curriculum covers business analytics, data engineering, machine learning, deep learning, and data science fundamentals. Students will learn SQL, Tableau, Pandas, Python, APIs and web scraping, AWS, MySQL, Keras, and Scikitlearn. Students will build a portfolio of projects over the course of the bootcamp.

WBS CODING SCHOOL does not require applicants to have any previous coding experience. Applicants only need to bring high motivation and a curiosity to understand and solve technical challenges. The application is open to anyone 18 years and older. Students must be proficient in English. After filling out an online application, potential students are given a technical assessment test to prove their ability to learn quickly. If this is passed successfully, the student will have an interview to determine motivation level.

All WBS CODING SCHOOL bootcamp students will receive career services assistance, including interview preparation, CV and LinkedIn profile optimization, GitHub portfolio build-up, hiring events, and tech meetups.

WBS CODING SCHOOL students who are residents of Germany may be able to use their Bildungsgutschein educational voucher to cover the cost of tuition. Students coming to the end of their German military service may be able to use the Berufsförderungsdienst to cover tuition costs. Through CHANCEN eG, WBS CODING SCHOOL also offers Income Share Agreements (ISA).

Recent WBS Coding School Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (52) reviews for WBS Coding School →

Recent WBS Coding School News

• Data Science Bootcamp (full-time)

Start Date January 03, 2022
    LocationOnline, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Berlin
    We collaborate with CHANCEN eG and Quotanda. Find the details on our funding page: https://www.wbscodingschool.com/funding-options/
    Tuition PlansThe course fee is generally due in advance, though payment in installments is possible on request. Please discuss the details with our admission team.
    ScholarshipStudents who are residents of Germany may be able to use their 'Bildungsgutschein' educational voucher to cover the cost of WBS CODING SCHOOL tuition.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required. Students must be 18 years or older.
    Prep WorkSome 40 hours of self-study on our Primer platform to ensure all participants begin the course on a level playing field.
    January 03, 2022 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by December 17, 2021
    February 22, 2022 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by February 04, 2022
    January 03, 2022 - Berlin Apply by December 17, 2021
    February 22, 2022 - Berlin Apply by February 04, 2022
    January 03, 2022 - Online Apply by December 17, 2021
    February 22, 2022 - Online Apply by February 04, 2022
  • Full-Stack Web & App Development Bootcamp (full-time)

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js, SQL, Agile, DevOps, GitHub, MySQL, Scrum, SEO
    Start Date November 15, 2021
    LocationOnline, Berlin, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    The goal of this 15-week full-time program is to turn you into a fully operational Full-Stack Web & App Developer. Graduates of this course typically find employment as Junior Developers within a very short time frame. The lessons taught cover a diverse set of technologies such as HTML, CSS, Javascript, React.js, Node.js, APIs (REST, GraphQl), and databases (SQL/NoSQL). For the first 12 weeks, you will study remotely on our virtual learning platform together with your classmates – led by professional instructors. The big finale is your stay at our Campus Berlin – accommodation and meals included. You will live and code together with your classmates, preparing your final portfolio project. During the pandemic coming to Berlin is still recommended but optional. Alternatively, you can participate online too.
    November 15, 2021 - Berlin Apply by October 29, 2021
    January 27, 2022 - Online Apply by January 13, 2022
    November 15, 2021 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by October 29, 2021
    January 03, 2022 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by December 17, 2021
    January 27, 2022 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by January 13, 2022
  • Full-Stack Web & App Development Bootcamp (part-time)

Agile, CSS, DevOps, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SEO, SQL
    Start Date November 08, 2021
    The part-time Full-Stack Web & App Development course is for anyone who wishes to expand their skills by studying in the evenings and on Saturdays. Spread over 24 weeks, workshops are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 18:30 to 21:30 (CET), and on Saturdays from 9:00 to 18:00 (CET). Within those 24 weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of a broad range of web development technologies, including HTML, CSS, Javascript, React.js, Node.js, APIs (REST, GraphQl), and databases (SQL/NoSQL). If you want to change your career path entirely and become a Web Developer, we recommend continuing with the optional on-site phase at our campus in Berlin. Combining the part-time course with the campus stay extends the educational scope to a level similar to that of our full-time course.
    November 08, 2021 - Online Apply by October 22, 2021
    January 24, 2022 - Online Apply by January 07, 2022
    February 21, 2022 - Online Apply by February 04, 2022
  • Jean  User Photo
    Jean • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall, I would recommend WBS coding School.

According to me, the instructors and the team as a whole are the main asset of the school. Everyone is competent and always went the extra mile to facilitate our learning and make us feel comfortable.

I also really enjoyed the group dynamic created by the format. Small group (15 students in our batch), daily stand-up, group work every day, 'cross-over' events with other batches  a lot of efforts were invested in the social aspect of the training and it shows. It allowed me to start building my network with people I actually worked with, which was one of my main objective when taking this course.  The Guest-lectures, the mentor programme, also provided networking opportunities.

Maybe because the course is in english while taking place in Germany, those who took the class were motivated and the atmosphere among students good. The 'coding' level was, I find, too heterogeneous, forcing the trainers to be flexible as to not leave anyone behind. It often put the traing off-pace, with group projects being post-poned, long hours being spent on a few exercises,  etc.  Heterogeneity is unavoidable, but more could be done to reduce it:  I would suggest closer monitoring during the pre-training time  (e.g. ensuring that everyone completed the required classes before the start of the training), or harder entry tests (more in line with the requirements of the course). This would allow a tighter framework, more condusive to learning.

The curriculum is fine - the topics are relevant and by the end, I was able to build a nice 'full-stack' app, as advertised. When stucked, I could  get support.  There is still room for improvement with the learning material and environment, which is to be expected considering that the course was recently designed. All classes were delivered through a limited version of Google classroom - no polls or question features, can't send properly styled code in the chat...  all small things which negatively impacted the dynamism and interactivity of the class. I was also not a big fan of Codebox as platform for exercises - simple github repos would have been harder at first, but less frustrating in the long run, I think. The learning materials are mostly the videos of the courses, the exercises and some slides. It's OK, but more could be done to convey the course's progress/structure. I would have loved to get every morning a list of the learning objectives, and every evening a recap of the learning outcomes.

I did not use the job assistance as much as I had planned, for personal reasons. What I can say is that all my interactions with this service were friendly and helpful. I also appreciated that it was offered up to 3 months after the training.

Again, I sincerely recommend WBS Coding School. It delivers on its promise to kickstart your coding Career. It's a 'young' training programme and there are shortcomings regarding the learning material/environment, but I am confident that those will be overcome with time. They have the right team for it :)

• Claudia  User Photo
    Claudia • Junior Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have just finished a 3.5-months Full-Stack Web and App Development bootcamp at WBS Coding School Berlin and I have to say that it was one of the best decisions in my life. The support of the staff was amazing during the entire course and afterwards too. I had a great instructor and the course content was very challenging and interesting. Through the weekly group projects we have learned how to create a product in a team, how to collaborate and apply the skills we were learning. It was challenging and exciting and I have to say I have grown a lot personally and professionally. I feel very confident to start applying for jobs and this thanks to the team of WBS and their high-quality course. For those who are still struggling to choose the right bootcamp I would definitely recommend WBS!
  • Amazing experience
    - 8/10/2021
    Zina El Nahel   User Photo
    Zina El Nahel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did the full-stack web development course at WBS and it was an unforgettable experience. We had Ben as our instructor and he is just the best :) I would definitely recommend this coding school for anyone who wants to learn coding. The curriculum is also very good and after the bootcamp I feel I have learned a lot already. The last three weeks are on camps to work on your final project for me this is a plus that I didn't find in the other coding schools .
  • Dimitrios Akritidis  User Photo
    Dimitrios Akritidis • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    TLDR: Great bootcamp. Amazing Instructor and a Great team overall. Would definitely recommend it!

I took part in the 15 Weeks Full Time bootcamp from February 2021 to June 2021. It was an Overall great experience, it certainly has it's pros and cons as i imagine any bootcamp does but for the sake of this review i'll concentrate on the pros.

First and foremost the Instructor, we had the pleasure of having in my opinion one of the Best instructors in Fey, and for the first week the Lead of the Bootcamp Alexis who is incredible in his way of teaching.
    Fey's way of teaching us new techs is  unparalleled though with the additional bonus that we could also focus on learning on our own.

The pace of the bootcamp is hasty in a good way. Yes it is a very demanding program and you will wonder sometimes "why did i join this" especially if you've got not previous experience in Web Dev, but it prepares you for the job market as best as a 3 Month program can.

The Curriculum is up to date, but i would like it better if we've had a greater focus on React, again this is not the general thinking it's more of a personal note.

The rest of the team was Friendly yet Professional which i find an excellent combination. More detailed Mareike was the first person i've spoken in the Bootcamp is in charge of making sure that our integration to the bootcamp was as smooth as it could be.
    Janina in the HR is great and always a friendly person to talk to.
    Last but not least Erika and Caro are in charge of making sure what you know and learned in the Bootcamp translates nicely into the Job Market and they will help you out in your search for a job.

• Hyunki Chae  User Photo
    Hyunki Chae • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I just finished 15 weeks Full-stack Web & App development course at WBS Coding school, which was great. Its course greatly organized for beginners to experienced as well. The staff team, instructors, mentors, and alumni will warm-heartedly welcome and guide you on how to get coding skills in your life. If you consider joining the Bootcamp, don't hesitate to apply. Just contact them then they will guide you.
  • Alexander Ditz  User Photo
    Alexander Ditz • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I just finished my 15 week Fullstack Web & App Developer Bootcamp at WBS and can only recommend it to any person who wants to make coding their career. The team is great, always there to help with any questions and the trainers are all very helpful and well trained. The atmosphere in our batch was always friendly and relaxed, and at the same time we motivated each other to always do our best. After 15 weeks, I have not only laid the foundation for my career in programming but also made friends with whom I will continue to stay in contact.
  • do it
    - 5/18/2021
    Giulia  User Photo
    Giulia • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    If you are looking for a coding bootcamp (as a beginner or not) I really recommend and suggest you this course; I applied myself and I went for a full four months bootcamp and I cannot be more happy, I was a beginner  (I didn't know anything about coding) and the course was really well made and now I don't only have the knowledge but I also feel confident and I have a wonderful portfolio to show for my job applications.
    The team of the school is very supporting (from the juniors instructors that are wonderful and super helping to the career advisor).
    The curriculum of the course is really good if you want to be a full stack web developer with the latest programming languages.
    The instructor is active listening to everyone's needs and if you have any problem or you feel even a little bit stack just say it and he will take the time to re-explain anything.
    My advise during the course is to trust the process: I felt myself completely lost at one point but exactly how the instructor kept repeating at one point everything comes together and you fully understand everything.
  • Rafa  User Photo
    Rafa • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Due to the fact I also tried to find out more about the different Bootcamps here, in order to make the right decision where i should register i would like to give you a short summary about my experience with WBS CODING SCHOOL i made during the
    FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER Course from Jan - April 2021.

The curriculum and the tech stack we learned was UP TO DATE and well prepared.
    FRONTEND:
    PostgreSQL (SQL)
    MongoDB(NoSQL)
    TOOLS:
    GIT,NPM,GitHub,Travis CI..

We started from the beginning very practice-oriented.
    Of course the tempo is pretty fast, but i knew that from the beginning - It´s a Bootcamp - and we get help whenever needed from the Jr.Instructors or the great community.
    Nevertheless i recommend to do the Primer (Preparation path) before very carefully.
    We get a lot of “best-practice” Tips from our experienced Instructor Ben and
    once a week we had a one on one with him where he can respond to each one individually…
    I also enjoyed the Team Projects every 2 week where we have practiced to work in a team with the latest Technologies GitHub,LiveShare etc.

In total i felt very comfortable from the start to the end everything was settled perfectly….Workshops,Career service,different online events (Hackathons)..and the Community Manager Janina always offered her help in any cases.

I can highly recommend the FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER course !!!

• Ana Caballero  User Photo
    Ana Caballero • Frontend Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I highly recommend this course since it teaches you everything you need to land your first job as a web developer. It teaches tools and technologies that are relevant today and is very practice-oriented. From the beginning, we worked on one or two-week group projects that we could already use to build up our portfolio. Besides teaching the technical content, our experienced trainer gave us very valuable insights into the actual work as a developer. Paired with the provided career service, I felt very well prepared for job applications and interviews. Having previous (basic) knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript or any other programming language certainly helps to keep up with the fast learning speed and to maybe take even more out of this course. But don’t worry if you take this course with zero previous knowledge - it starts by teaching you all the basics and builds up on them as the course goes further.
  • Coding from day 1
    - 3/15/2021
    Cristiani  User Photo
    Cristiani • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had an amazing experience in these 16 weeks with WBS. The curriculum is well planned with the most recent topics in Web Development and it's executed smartly, making the students be involved and understand the importance of each subject.
    I have only the best compliments my instructor Ben, who was always very patient and highly didact when explaining. I felt that the opinion of the students was always taking into consideration and the staff was caring for us all the time.
    In the end, I got an internship before the course was finished.
  • Göran  User Photo
    Göran • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Experience from the WBS Coding School was amazing  in two ways: personal development and developing astonishing technical skills.
    Personal: you have a class between 9 and 15 people, in the intense time you will find a lot of friends and it's brings people together as like back in the school. So you are not alone in this phase, have anytime somebody to talk to about as well from the staff.
    Technical Skills: In this short time you get a lot of information and new languages to learn from. You should be prepared that a typical 9-6 day can't be really efficient. A bit more extra time should be contributed and planned to finish the course. It's for your own good.
    Overall this program is a tense experience and brings you beyond your expectations in a positive way.