165 Best Agile Bootcamps
- 1624Reviews38CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Read MoreBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Read MoreArielle Bourne
5Student - Course: Digital Marketing - Toronto
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Informational, Engaging and TransferableI enjoyed the course thoroughly. The information they provide was very useful insightful and heled be with my current job role. I will use the knowledge I learn ... Read MoreI enjoyed the course thoroughly. The information they provide was very useful insightful and heled be with my current job role. I will use the knowledge I learn to apply it to future job positions!... Read Less
- 1395Reviews6CoursesCareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, data analytics, digital... Read MoreCareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, data analytics, digital marketing, and product management. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. Read MoreWai Fan Zhong
5Student - Course: UX Design Program - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Works with any scheduleThe reason why I chose to join to CF was because I can do my work anytime I have free time, I have been sending info request to a lot of schools but none of the ... Read MoreThe reason why I chose to join to CF was because I can do my work anytime I have free time, I have been sending info request to a lot of schools but none of them works with my schedule, my tutor and mentor are helping me a lot with my study too.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) - Paris
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: highly trained bootcampBootcamp very formative, which allows to feel confident in its ability to practice this profession quickly after the end of the latter.Mostly focus on UX side o ... Read MoreBootcamp very formative, which allows to feel confident in its ability to practice this profession quickly after the end of the latter.... Read Less
Mostly focus on UX side of the work. You will learn to use tools like Figma but these are tools you can went up in skills by yourself.
What's really nice with ironhack it's that the projects you're working on are done in collaboration with real companies or projects. This help to have your first network in this sector or even it's help to find your first job as a product designer (was my case :) ).
The other students are your future colleagues because the sector is a small world don't forget that :)
- 633Reviews19CoursesGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career chang... Read MoreGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career change into a tech role, in as little as three months. General Assembly offers bootcamps and courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more. Read MoreCalvin Nicholas Moldenhauer
5Graduate - Course: Software Engineering Immersive Bootcamp (Flex) - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A Life-Changing Experience: Full Stack Engineering Boot CampGeneral Assembly's Full Stack Engineering Boot Camp has been an absolute game-changer for me. The program not only helped me establish a strong online presence ... Read MoreGeneral Assembly's Full Stack Engineering Boot Camp has been an absolute game-changer for me. The program not only helped me establish a strong online presence but also provided me with the skills and confidence to pursue a brighter future.... Read Less
From the knowledgeable instructors to the hands-on approach, every aspect of the boot camp exceeded my expectations. The instructors were passionate and experienced, ensuring that I gained a solid understanding of full stack engineering. The hands-on projects allowed me to apply my knowledge and develop practical skills, preparing me for real-world scenarios.
What truly stood out during the boot camp was the sense of community and support. Collaborating with peers on group projects and participating in code reviews created a dynamic learning environment. The camaraderie and collective growth within the cohort were invaluable, fostering connections that will last beyond the program.
Overall, General Assembly's Full Stack Engineering Boot Camp has provided me with a solid foundation, valuable skills, and a network of like-minded professionals. I am confident that the program has positioned me for success and a brighter future, whether it be through competitive job opportunities or fulfilling career prospects.
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person - Columbus
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Fulfilling, engaging, and supporting.My time at Tech Elevator was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Not only does their staff want you to professionally succeed, they care about th ... Read MoreMy time at Tech Elevator was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Not only does their staff want you to professionally succeed, they care about their students as well. It's hard to believe how much I was able to learn over the 14 weeks. The instructing staff is extremely knowledgable and will always go the extra mile to make sure you are learning and understanding the concepts. The pathway staff is always hard at work trying to weed out more opportunities for TE grads. The current job market is tough, but I was lucky enough to receive an offer through the program's matchmaking a month after graduation. The TE staff will keep working hard for their students to make sure they get a job - but you do tend to get out what you put in.... Read Less
I highly recommend this program to those who are willing to put the work in, are wanting to make a career change, and are wanting to connect with others through the process. I would not have had as good of a time in this program if I had not also invested myself in my fellow classmates. Tech Elevator Columbus is amazing.
- 392Reviews33CoursesThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland cam... Read MoreThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland campus.The Tech Academy offers bootcamps in computer programming, website development, cybersecurity, game development, mobile development, data science, and front-end development. The immersive experience aims to create well-rounded technology professionals, and also gives students the option to take the course at their own pace. There are also no set starts dates or rigid scheduling. Students can enroll at any time, study from home, and choose whatever study schedule they would like. Read MoreTina Morlock
5Graduate - Course: Online Software Developer Boot Camp (full-time) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Best Educational Experience I'd HadIt had been a dream of mine to be a developer for years, but I never felt confident enough to go after it. However, the perfect opportunity came to me with The ... Read MoreIt had been a dream of mine to be a developer for years, but I never felt confident enough to go after it. However, the perfect opportunity came to me with The Tech Academy, and I put everything I had into it. I really can't say enough great things about the experience. Great instruction. I learned a lot about a lot of different technologies. I had my ups and downs throughout the six months of the full-time program, but I ultimately walked away having learned and experienced more than I thought I would. I'd recommend this program to anyone who has even the slightest interest in it or passion for technology. You will have to invest a lot of time into it, but if you really want to do well, you will have all the tools, support, and instruction you need—and then some. One of the best educational experiences I've ever had.... Read Less
- 390Reviews2CoursesProduct Gym (PG) is an online technical skills platform offering a 12-week product management (PM) career coaching program and a 15-week QA (SDET) skills tra... Read MoreProduct Gym (PG) is an online technical skills platform offering a 12-week product management (PM) career coaching program and a 15-week QA (SDET) skills training program. PG members get access to fully remote courses, which offer flexible start times, a comprehensive curriculum, and career support to help members secure their target Product or QA job. Both tracks can be taken flexibly, at the same or different times. On average, PG members spend 7 – 10 hours per week on both tracks combined. Once joined, members have access to all of PG's classes, community resources, and support for life. Read MoreKaren Brenchley
5Graduate - Course: Product Management - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Best way to get a Product Manager jobProduct Gym has everything about getting a product manager job down to a science, though you have to do the work to succeed. How to write a resume and how to in ... Read MoreProduct Gym has everything about getting a product manager job down to a science, though you have to do the work to succeed. How to write a resume and how to interview (every step of the way, every kind of interview), including specific interview types, are all explained. The FAANG companies are covered, as well as specific types of interviews along each step of the process. There are regular coaching calls, and many different ways to practice. If you want a product management job, this is the place to go to get one.... Read Less
- 354Reviews26CoursesClarusway is an IT training school based in Virginia, offering a variety of specialized programs in fields such as Cloud Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Dat... Read MoreClarusway is an IT training school based in Virginia, offering a variety of specialized programs in fields such as Cloud Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Full Stack Web Development, Front End Development, Back End Development, Cybersecurity, Salesforce Admin Developer, Blockchain Web3 Development, and Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). Clarusway's goal is to provide affordable and effective IT training programs that give individuals the practical knowledge they need to succeed in their careers. Read Moremehmet T.
5Student - Course: Full Stack Development - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 337Reviews5CoursesDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instruc... Read MoreDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instructors, and WeWork memberships are included at no additional charge for students needing a place to study. Read MoreThomas Zimmerman
5Graduate - Course: Web Development (Full-time, Online or Atlanta Campus) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Very positive experience, but is it for you?I am a graduate from Digital Crafts. I attended the full time web development bootcamp online for four months starting in July of 2022, and have since then got ... Read MoreI am a graduate from Digital Crafts. I attended the full time web development bootcamp online for four months starting in July of 2022, and have since then got my first job in software development / web development with the experience and knowledge I attained from attending Digital Crafts. There is no doubt in my mind that without the leg up I attained from a curriculum in web development as well as my fantastic instructor Veronica, that I would not have been able to land my first job in the field. Despite the fantastic experience I had with DC, there is a few things I would like to make any prospective boot camp students aware of before paying the price of admission.... Read Less
1. You get out what you put into it.
If you are thinking that you will be able to coast through this course like a college or highschool course, get a certificate, then get a web development job, you may, but you probably won't. More than anything else the experience and skills you gain from attending all the classes, getting a grasp on all the material offered, and being able to demonstrate your aptitude is what's going to get you a job. Having a credential/ certificate is nice, but with no experience you have to have the knowledge and projects to back you up when going on interviews.
2. It's possible to go into this with no prior coding experience and succeed, but you really should not!
Going into any boot camp you will hear and read "No prior knowledge of coding necessary!". This is true, but this is not what I did, and I believe going in with a basic understanding of OOP helped me learn more and learn faster than my classmates who were completely fresh to every single topic. It's not impossible to catch up, but during your time attending DC you will have to run twice as fast to learn half as much, and as I said earlier, the more you can perform the better off you will be when you finish. I would highly recommend going through some basic programming material for a couple months before making the commitment, it will help a ton in my estimation.
3. Job assistance...
As you may have read from other reviews there is not guarantee that DC will do anything to get you a job after graduation. Despite some saying they do nothing, I think that is bogus, as there are networking opportunities, seminars, and the door is always open with staff members who work in career services who will give you specific detailed advice and guidance on what you need to do and how you need to do it to get your first job. It is also true that there's a good chance you can be hired as a TA ( teachers assistant ) by DC after you completed the course which will give you the experience you need to go somewhere else. It's not the best Job assistance in the world, as they will not hold your hand to your next position they picked out for you, but DC will give you what you need to move in the right direction.
4. I've heard some things...
During my time at DC I have heard some things that I would be remiss not to disclose here. I heard from one of my classmates who knew somebody that was taking the same course with a different instructor in part-time web development that there was a lot of funny business going on. It seemed that the quality of the classes/ assistance from the instructor was lackluster and something I definitely would not be happy about had I experienced myself. That being said this is word of mouth, I don't really know, but I would highly recommend if you want to attend, you do the full-time any way as I think it is a much better structure to begin with.
5. The Curriculum itself.
The curriculum itself is pretty good. It covers full-stack web development pretty deeply for the amount of time you actually spend learning and practicing material. That being said, In hindsight I wish the course had a larger focus in back-end web development with a server side language. No matter what part of web development you strive with, you may need to allocate serious time keep learning more languages/frameworks after the fact to fill in some missing skills from your resume before you get your first position.
That is pretty much all I have to report about the bootcamp. If I could go back in time I would chose to attend this bootcamp every single time. The people that I met there were all absolutely fantastic, and the fact that it accomplished for me what it was supposed to accomplish means I really have nothing to complain about. Despite that, I believe that coding bootcamps are not for everyone, and you really have to consider what you are capable of before you sign up and pay for any bootcamp.
- 315Reviews9CoursesKnowledgeHut offers a flexible, online full-time and part-time bootcamps in Full Stack Development, Front End Development, and Back End Development. Knowledg... Read MoreKnowledgeHut offers a flexible, online full-time and part-time bootcamps in Full Stack Development, Front End Development, and Back End Development. KnowledgeHut curriculum is a mix of live instructor-led sessions, on-demand self-learning, auto-graded assignments, guided hands-on exercises, and more than 12 projects. Bootcamp students also receive two hours of 1:1 mentor support each week. Read MoreVijay Gupta
5Graduate - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Training Review & FeedbackI completed a training from KnowledgeHut and i must say that i found true professionalism in their approach. The support staff and the trainer was available whe ... Read MoreI completed a training from KnowledgeHut and i must say that i found true professionalism in their approach. The support staff and the trainer was available whenever i needed help and guidance. They have replied to all my queries and clarifications promptly. I am happy that my career graph has a positive impact due to my association with KnowledgeHut... Read Less
- 299Reviews7CoursesCoding Temple is an online tech training provider that offers bootcamps in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Blockchain Development, and Front-End Develo... Read MoreCoding Temple is an online tech training provider that offers bootcamps in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Blockchain Development, and Front-End Development, with three different learning options available: Full-Time, Part-Time, and Self-Paced. Coding Temple’s approach focuses on accelerated learning; offering accessible, high-quality education and training that helps students adapt to the rapidly-changing tech industry. Coding Temple is dedicated to building a pathway for individuals to secure high-growth tech careers by incorporating real-world application into the students’ daily learning experience. Since Coding Temple was founded in 2015, 97% of graduates who participated in career services secured jobs in tech with an average starting salary of $81,310. Read MoreMonique Vargas
5Student - Course: Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: AMAZING experienceI started CT in February and just graduated yesterday. I tried out a couple of bootcamps before CT and knew they just werent for me. The culture, the way the cu ... Read MoreI started CT in February and just graduated yesterday. I tried out a couple of bootcamps before CT and knew they just werent for me. The culture, the way the curriculum was set up. I LOVED that the student to teacher ratio was about 1:4 (compared to others bootcamps where its about 1:15). Brendan & Brandt were there ANY time you needed help and made sure you understood what was being taught. No question was a stupid question. They knew we were beginners, and were VERY patient with us. Its hard work and you will HAVE TO study and spend most free time studying and coding to fully understand everything; but thats what you should be doing when you really want to learn something anyway so it goes hand-in-hand. Our instructors made it known it is a very fast paced course and set us up for success every step of the way. Id recommend this course to anyone that wants to learn how to code! Thank you Brendan & Brandt for being the best instructors!... Read Less
- 285Reviews7CoursesLearningFuze offers web development, data science, and UI/UX design bootcamps through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. S... Read MoreLearningFuze offers web development, data science, and UI/UX design bootcamps through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students are taught by live instructors and get support throughout the course, including problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and mindset training. Bootcamp students receive lifetime career services and 1:1 career coaching. Read MoreKasiet Rakhimdinova
5Student - Course: Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp In-Person - Orange County
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Best coding bootcamp !Everything in this bootcamp is amazing! If you are looking for a place to gain real knowledge and become a confident, solid candidate for the tech job market, t ... Read MoreEverything in this bootcamp is amazing! If you are looking for a place to gain real knowledge and become a confident, solid candidate for the tech job market, this is the place! They will help you from your first step until the end, while you find a job! And even after, they continue to support their alumni! I am amazed at how the program was built so smartly to enable you to learn so many things in a very short amount of time. I have learned a lot, progressing from being an absolute beginner to building solo full-stack projects from scratch. I highly recommend LearningFuze if you are ready to take on challenges and become a developer!... Read Less
- 262Reviews3CoursesFounded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootca... Read MoreFounded in Portugal in 2015,
Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code. Read MoreValter Oliveira
5Graduate - Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp - Lisbon
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Intensive , crazy, rewardingI took part on this intensive and crazy Bootcamp, and have the pleasure to get to know a lot of crazy people.The Bootcamp it self , is very Intensive , but ... Read MoreI took part on this intensive and crazy Bootcamp, and have the pleasure to get to know a lot of crazy people.... Read Less
The Bootcamp it self , is very Intensive , but also very rewarding, what you learn here is actually what you need to be able to learn anything about programming , like good practices and other computer Languages, ill recommend every one that want to enter the Branch to do it.
- 249Reviews6CoursesFounded in 2010, Sabio is a tech training provider offering 13- and 17-week full-time coding bootcamps and a 21-week part-time bootcamp in Los Angeles, Orang... Read MoreFounded in 2010, Sabio is a tech training provider offering 13- and 17-week full-time coding bootcamps and a 21-week part-time bootcamp in Los Angeles, Orange County, and online. Sabio specializes in Mobile, Front End, Back End, Source Control, Database, and Development platforms across the full stack, and students can specialize in Node.js or .Net to help jumpstart their careers. By incorporating project-based learning into its curriculum, it offers students a comprehensive experience of all phases of software development. It was founded by tech industry innovators, and it is now taught exclusively by experts from companies such as Fox, Gamefly, Stack Overflow and TMZ. Read MoreNathan Desso
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Code Small , Dream Big and Level UP!Sabio has a challenging curriculum but gives you the tools to learn how to learn. The most valuable tool you have is your motivation and drive. If you want to l ... Read MoreSabio has a challenging curriculum but gives you the tools to learn how to learn. The most valuable tool you have is your motivation and drive. If you want to level up and trust Sabio has your best interest in mind, you will be successful. The process will test your true intentions. Do not attend thinking this is traditional lecture style learning, Sabio will demo how to code, let you exercise it and provide help to naviage the blockers but won't spoon feed. As a successful graduate and after being hired, I can say if your willing to set aside 17 weeks of long hours and have the fortitude to overcome the many challenges.... you will succeed. Sabio also has many examples of sucessful graduates and a large alumni network that can help you even beyond the course completion and into job searching. I recommend this course to anyone who is serious about leveling up and willing to put in the work.... Read Less
- 236Reviews3CoursesDevCodeCamp offers various full-time and part-time, live online coding bootcamps that meet prospective students where they're at in their career. devCodeCamp... Read MoreDevCodeCamp offers various full-time and part-time, live online coding bootcamps that meet prospective students where they're at in their career. devCodeCamp offers a 30-week, full-time Computer Science Software Engineer Program; a 14-week, full-time Full Stack Development Bootcamp; and a 16-week, part-time Web Development Bootcamp. Bootcamp students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum for each bootcamp is designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. These programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops. Read MoreKayla Parry
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Software Development Immersive Program - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Amazing ExperienceFrom the application process of enrolling, through the courses, into the career services, everyone that I interacted with within devCodeCamp was nothing but pro ... Read MoreFrom the application process of enrolling, through the courses, into the career services, everyone that I interacted with within devCodeCamp was nothing but professional and helpful! They answered all my questions in full and continue to answer questions as they arise. If I had to do this all over again, I definitely would choose devCodeCamp as my go to place!... Read Less
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Intensive and Rewarding: Coding Bootcampthe bootcamp was a challenging and intense program, but it was also incredibly rewarding. I got the chance to work on a range of projects, from creating simple ... Read Morethe bootcamp was a challenging and intense program, but it was also incredibly rewarding. I got the chance to work on a range of projects, from creating simple web applications to participating in bigger team initiatives. Additionally, I had the opportunity to learn from experienced programmers and instructors who shared their insights with me. I have encountered several difficulties throughout the bootcamp, such as understanding out new technologies and debugging my code, but I have also experienced many exciting and satisfying moments when I was able to resolve an issue or watch my code run well. Although there have been tears along the way, the experience has been very valuable and has taught me the value of persistence and perseverance.... Read Less
- 223Reviews49CoursesCode Fellows is a technical skills training academy in the Pacific Northwest that offers full- and part-time software development, ops and cybersecurity cour... Read MoreCode Fellows is a technical skills training academy in the Pacific Northwest that offers full- and part-time software development, ops and cybersecurity courses online and in-person from their Seattle, Washington location. Code Fellows guides people from all backgrounds to change their lives through fast-paced, career-focused education. Since their first cohort in 2013, Code Fellows has taught over 1,600 graduates and iterated on their curriculum and format to ensure students receive the most industry-relevant training as effectively and efficiently as possible. Code Fellows shapes passionate learners with immersive training to meet industry needs and improve diversity. Students are immersed in their learning with daily lectures, pair programming, weekly presentations from full-time instructional staff who are seasoned industry professionals, one-week project sprints, and more. Code Fellows graduates work at Amazon, Microsoft, Zillow, Expedia, XBOX, NIKE, Amazon, Starbucks, Nordstrom, and over 800 other companies. Read MoreTyler Housden
5Student - Course: Ops 201: Foundations of Computer Operations (Full-Time, Online) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great ExperienceFound codefellows through the vettec program. After trying a previous course I was hesitant, but glad I made the decision to enroll. The ops course builds your ... Read MoreFound codefellows through the vettec program. After trying a previous course I was hesitant, but glad I made the decision to enroll. The ops course builds your IT knowledge with a good foundation and adds on top of that each day. Would recommend to anyone looking to start a career in IT.... Read Less
- 217Reviews2CoursesProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online ... Read MoreProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online in small cohorts, and the schedule is designed to fit around a work schedule. Product School’s methodology features the hands-on experience members need to build digital products and lead cross-functional teams. Instructors for the courses are Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies including Google, Meta, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon. Product School offers a community of over two million product professionals. Read MorePatrick Cheron
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and ... Read MoreProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.... Read Less
- 217Reviews2CoursesTuring School of Software & Design is a federally accredited, online tech training provider turning driven students into professional developers. Turing ... Read MoreTuring School of Software Design is a federally accredited, online tech training provider turning driven students into professional developers. Turing offers a Front End Engineering program and a Back End Engineering program, which are both aimed at career changers. Turing also offers Launch, a 36-week program specifically for young professionals ages 18-26 who will receive tech training and professional development. The staff at Turing emphasizes their educational experience, not just their years as developers, and promises that successful graduates of the school will be valuable contributors to the company they choose to work for through community-driven education. While the programs are fully online, Turing students are required to live within 2 hours (+/-) MST. Read MoreAndrew Mullins
5Graduate - Course: Back-End Engineering - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Invested teachers, caring community, and crazy amounts of codingTuring School was probably one of the best decisions of my life. As someone who knew very little about coding before starting, I felt very taken care of through ... Read MoreTuring School was probably one of the best decisions of my life. As someone who knew very little about coding before starting, I felt very taken care of throughout my time there. From an introductory program on getting your computer set up before even starting the main program to teachers making changes on the fly to accommodate the classes needs, Turing works hard to make the experience relevant, engaging, and productive. The instructors were incredible, taking time to answer questions in class, holding office hours afterwards, addressing larger group needs, and even putting time aside just to get to know the students. The curriculum pushes students hard through larger projects that need to be completed in mini 'sprints' with an emphasis on learning real world skills like deployment, teamwork, and test-driven development. Alongside the coding, Turing's program also gets students ready for the job hunt starting on week one with exercises on building a LinkedIn profile or practicing job interviews, with specific staff there to assist in the process. Turing's greatest strength though lies in its community of graduates, who are incredible caring people, willing to meet with students and help in any way possible. While at Turing, I met some truly incredible people that I am excited to be friends with for the rest of my life, people that I can rely on for help in any situation, coding or otherwise. The seven month program is longer than traditional bootcamps and the requirement of full time student work on top of a tuition can be difficult for some people. The program is hard and will require your full attention throughout that time but I felt that it was well worth the effort and I started my first job as a web developer out of Turing feeling, if not comfortable, confident in my abilities to live up to the expectations of the role.... Read Less
- 216Reviews2CoursesGalvanize is an education company that offers software engineering bootcamps under its Hack Reactor by Galvanize brand name. Galvanize offers programs for ra... Read MoreGalvanize is an education company that offers software engineering bootcamps under its Hack Reactor by Galvanize brand name. Galvanize offers programs for rapid career transformation, designed so that anyone with motivation can succeed, regardless of education, experience, or background. Please visit the Hack Reactor page on Course Report here to learn more about these bootcamps. Read MoreSim Borodach
5 - Austin
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Data Science ImmersiveThe Galvanize DSI was everything I expected it to be and more. I was in the Austin campus, studying remote from NJ due to the pandemic. My instructors were pass ... Read MoreThe Galvanize DSI was everything I expected it to be and more. I was in the Austin campus, studying remote from NJ due to the pandemic. My instructors were passionate and dedicated every step of the way. Galvanize absolutely prepares its students for what's to come in the industry. If you are considering the course, reach out to me! I'd be happy to share some perspective :)... Read Less
- 215Reviews4CoursesTrueCoders is a full-stack software development Bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week schedule or a self-paced schedule. The full-time 9-week sc... Read MoreTrueCoders is a full-stack software development Bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week schedule or a self-paced schedule. The full-time 9-week schedule is a live online course, while the self-paced version allows students the ability to take the course when it is convenient for them. The self-paced schedule is a great option for students who need to retain their full-time jobs but still want a career change. Students of either schedule have the ability to receive unlimited one-on-one support from instructors and career services. Read MoreRobert Jordan
5Graduate - Birmingham
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Software Engineering bootcampTook the full time software engineering course. I found the material to be easy to digest and challenging throughout. There were definitely times where I was ov ... Read MoreTook the full time software engineering course. I found the material to be easy to digest and challenging throughout. There were definitely times where I was overwhelmed but that is to be expected from a bootcamp. The course material is all there and you definitely need to put in the extra time and work to be able to learn it. Teachers and assistants were always available as well as career services. Now time to land a job!... Read Less
- 197Reviews4CoursesPracticum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 20-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, and Quality Assur... Read MorePracticum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 20-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, and Quality Assurance Engineer programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money. Read MoreJose Maldonado
5Student - Course: Software Engineer - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Everything I could have asked for in a bootcamp!I am twenty years old and am trying to get my life together. My priority is to become financially stable as soon as possible. The sooner I am financially stable ... Read MoreI am twenty years old and am trying to get my life together. My priority is to become financially stable as soon as possible. The sooner I am financially stable, the sooner I will be able to enjoy my life and pursue more personal goals. Moreover, after much research, I confidently concluded that software engineering provides not only a comfortable, enjoyable work environment, but also the kind of pay that would most definitely help me accomplish my goal of becoming financially stable. Software engineering has always peaked my interest.
As far back as I can remember, working with computers has always been a dream. To be able to understand the magic behind technology is an interest that has never stopped lingering in the back of my head. If I am not mistaken, my first time finding myself interested in computers was in one of those movies that are similar to the “Mission Impossible” series in the scenes where there is that techie/hacker and says something like “Just one second, I am hacking my way into the mainframe… ANNDD done!” as the hacker is typing ridiculously fast! Therefore, out of high school I decided to join the US Army’s reserves as an Information Technology specialist. Throughout my time at Fort Gordon, my eyes stayed wide open as I learned more and more about how modern-day technology functions. Thereafter, I came back home and decided I will stick with information technology. For the past two years, I have worked in information technology for various companies and have honestly enjoyed every bit of it. However, now that I know the kind of lifestyle I wanted to purse, I knew it was time to make a career change…
Being as young as I am, there is so much I want to do before my health prevents or hinders me from doing so. A dream of mine has always been to travel the world. I would love to go around the world visiting different landmarks and hiking beautiful trails. I would love to go to Europe and Mexico to watch club soccer games and enjoy the local city. Also, I am planning to get married here soon and something I want to most definitely make sure of is that I have the finances to take care of my family. The pay that comes with being a software engineer assures me that I will have all the resources I need to become financially stable.
I chose Practicum out of all the other bootcamps, because of their approach to assuring they do their end to assist you with landing a job after the bootcamp. Practicum has a program that a student can participate in after completing the instructional portion of the program. With this program, the student has all the resources the student could have ever asked for. Because of previous experience in attempting to land a job in the technology industry, I understood that I needed all the help I can get to make my transition to the software engineering industry as smooth and easy as possible. Do not get me wrong, the student still has to do his part in regards to the studying and sacrificing of time, but Practicum takes pride in their ability to assist their students in landing a job as a software engineer. I would imagine every program would have a fantastic instructional program with great tutors, but it is what is done besides the instructional portion that people should be looking out for. Admittedly, participating in a bootcamp does come with a financial sacrifice, therefore you want to always make sure you are getting the most out of every dollar you spend. In hindsight, choosing Practicum was the best decision I could have made to work my way towards my big goal: becoming a software engineer.
When I think of software engineering, I think of those movie scenes where the hacker in one of those movies that are similar to the “Mission Impossible” series in the scenes where there is that techie/hacker and says something like “Just one second, I am hacking my way into the mainframe… ANNDD done!” as the hacker is typing ridiculously fast! I am well aware that the average day in the life of a software engineer is, for the most part, not as intense as that. Nor do most software engineers code with a black backdrop and green lettering. However, that presumption has made software engineering extremely scary for me. Thankfully, Practicum does a fantastic job of making sure that the students are taken from one lesson to another as smoothly as possible. Practicum pays close attention to how a student is processing the new information and has adjusted their curriculum with that in mind. Therefore, as I have gone through the instructional portion of the program, I have not found myself overwhelmed. To be honest, the topics explored further down the line can be a bit perplexing. However, the program is laid out to ascertain the student understands the ins and outs of the “bigger picture” of those crucial concepts. The tutors are also a huge help in the student’s understanding of what is taught here in Practicum. The tutors do their best to always make themselves to assist the students with any issues they may have. Personally, I cannot even begin to count how many times a tutor has had to take time to explain something I have had an issue wrapping my head around. Practicum delivers what you need, AND SO MUCH MORE, than what one would need to make a smooth career change over to software engineering.
In conclusion, I greatly recommend Practicum for anyone who is seriously committed to making a career change to software engineering. The resources are plentiful, the community is encouraging, the tutors are encouraging and knowledgeable, and the program can take anyone from knowing absolutely nothing to someone who is ready to transition over to the world of software engineering. I wish you the very best in your personal software engineering journey!... Read Less
5Student - Course: SDET - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Love Test Pro bootcampGood experience to study at Test Pro, to improve basic java. great teacher will answer our question and friend in class really actively to respond, we will impr ... Read MoreGood experience to study at Test Pro, to improve basic java. great teacher will answer our question and friend in class really actively to respond, we will improve together.... Read Less
I think is a good choice to study at Test Pro, it's online course and good suggestion for me to get a computer to learn, not much expensive.
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Java Software Developer Online - St. Louis
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Do yourself a favor...Claim Academy was the best decision I could have made. I decided to go to Claim Academy after my first semester of grad school at a 4 year university. The progr ... Read MoreClaim Academy was the best decision I could have made. I decided to go to Claim Academy after my first semester of grad school at a 4 year university. The program I am enrolled in is suppose to teach a complete beginner coding skills. My university failed phenomenally, with most of my beginners java class averaging a 68 on an open note open book final exam. I decided to find someone who could teach what I needed to know. Claim Academy not only taught me Java, but also taught me tools I needed to ace interviews and get call backs. I have an interview every day next week from recruiters that reached out to me through my association with Claim Academy. I can't thank them enough. If you're lucky, you'll get to have Brandon or Nife as your instructors and Dannohh as a mentor. This is a solid team of instructors regardless of who you get though. Each of them is dedicated to you understanding the material. You just have to put in the work, and everything will fall into place. Do yourself a favor and choose Claim Academy.... Read Less
- 147Reviews5CoursesEleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week ful... Read MoreEleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis. Read MoreCassandra Emery
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great Start to CodingI finished Coding Foundations today and it has been wonderful, hard, at times a depressing and rewarding experience. I had a really great cohort and met some am ... Read MoreI finished Coding Foundations today and it has been wonderful, hard, at times a depressing and rewarding experience. I had a really great cohort and met some amazing people in this program. We did have our first teacher leave halfway through the program, which threw some of us off a little as they were an amazing teacher and then we had to switch to a completely new teaching style. Our new teacher was knowledgeable and a little faster paced than our previous one. I was fine with the fast pace because it works for me, so I enjoyed him as a teacher overall. We did some great projects and work together.... Read Less
Financing wise was the hardest for me being an out of state remote student which is why I cannot continue to Immersions (Software Development) unfortunately. If you are an out of state student just be mindful or have the full tuition prepared because you cannot get the school's deferred tuition or other help if you cannot get a loan for both halves of the program. As the program is split into two parts (Coding Foundations and Software Development) you can be approved for a Climb loan for the first half and not approved for the second, leaving you with no certification or job assistance and a loan to pay back. If you're in state they have many options and resources available to help you.
In the end it was a rewarding experience and I learning a lot. I am grateful for this experience and I'm excited to continue my journey on a slightly different path than I intended! We had some student services employees taking the class with us and they are phenomenal people so I know students are in good hands when entering immersions and beyond! Thank you to everyone who put up with my silliness you are the best. I may have to visit Indiana someday because you guys represented so well!