careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.66

all (913) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (33) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

JavaScript, HTML, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

JavaScript, HTML, Front End, User Experience Design, Design
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Jade  User Photo
    Jade • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I absolutely LOVED my time studying UX Design with CareerFoundry and honestly it was so much better than I had hoped!

I had brilliant mentors and tutors to guide me and I received great feedback throughout, I really doubt I could have excelled this much without all this feedback! The course does its best to prepare you for work afterwards and does a good job considering it is fully online. The course is broken down into manageable chunks and you learn not only core principles and techniques of UX Design, but also bits of UI Design and even a small amount about speaking with developers and how to code! I chose the UI Speciality which i'm super happy about because I finished the course with 3 portfolio pieces! My incredible career specialist Neha helped me; prepare my resume and LinkedIn, create a great cover letter and practice interview techniques. The only thing I would say is this course is no joke, it can be intense at times and even though I took it on a part-time basis, I ended spending about 25 hours a week, worth it though!

After finishing my course less than a month ago I have found a full-time UX/UI Designer role, something I could have only dreamed about before all of this. 100% recommend to anyone, it's definitely worth the money!
  • Sylvester Arikhan  User Photo
    Sylvester Arikhan • Student Verified via GitHub
    The structure seems to me to be very good, the online materials are very detailed and understandable, so that one can orientate oneself even when working on the job without having to look for other sources.
  • Just excellent!
    - 9/9/2021
    Manuel Guzman  User Photo
    Manuel Guzman • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Everything here is to get you from knowing nothing to start a career. Great pace, no worries if you are late on summiting your homework, but this is not for slackers. The course do a great job of giving you everything for you to succeed, specially with the job guarantee program.

Only negative is that they don't teach you how to use the softwares you will be using on the job (Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, etc) rather they guide you to use such tools but it's up to you to learn them at your own pace. I give them a pass just because softwares tend to be outdated with the years.
  • Amazing!
    - 9/9/2021
    Katy Molony  User Photo
    Katy Molony • Student Verified via GitHub
    I have had the best experience with Career Foundry so far. I’m a French teacher and have no prior experience with coding, but I’m thrilled with everything I’ve been able to do so far. The curriculum is clear and easy to follow. My tutor and mentor are great and always helpful whenever I have questions or get confused. I haven’t yet gotten to the job search part but I feel very supported and encouraged. I’m so glad I took the plunge and signed up.
  • Michelle Z.  User Photo
    Michelle Z. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I think if you are new to the UX design field, need flexible time to learn,  you must choose CareerFoundry because its course is very well structured. It consists of an intro UX course, a UX Immersive course, and a specialization course. After learning, you will be proud of yourself can do the UX design. Also, they have a great team to support you. You do not feel alone even though this is online learning.
  • Worth the money!!!
    - 8/25/2021
    Larissa  User Photo
    Larissa • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm taking the full UX course which includes an intro course, an Immersion course and a specialization course. I love how much they focus on the design process and drilling it in. I also love that you come out with multiple projects for your portfolio.

Some more things I love:
    • Lots of mentorship
    • Video calls with mentors
    • Lots of freedom to design your own way
    • Constructive criticism

Things I Don't love:
    • It can be hard to talk to student services if you have a problem with a mentor or tutor. They only communicate via email and it can be hard to explain your whole situation and be understood. But they are doing their best to help
    • The first project is only up to the first wireframes. So you need to take extra time to make it portfolio ready
    • I feel they lack some extra resources they do provide some with the instruction but I find myself having to find my own resources for extra learning as theirs aren't always helpful or relevant.

Overall, the course is a good bang for your buck and I'd reccomend it.
    - 8/19/2021
    Sean Hart  User Photo
    Sean Hart Verified via GitHub
    The course is very well structured, the course material is informative and interesting and the support from both tutors and mentors is phenomenal.
    Overall a fantastic course that I would highly recommend.
  • UI design
    - 8/18/2021
    Cara Rogers  User Photo
    Cara Rogers • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course has a lot of really cool projects that really toss you into design. The curriculum readings are clear and pleasant, and cover a lot of material without too much reading time.
  • Perfect Course!
    - 8/9/2021
    Rens  User Photo
    Rens • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Start a course with CareerFounrdy is the best choice of my corona life. Perfect learning experience for me! Great support from tutor, mentor, career specialist, student advisor, Slack community, and very interesting and in depth curriculum.
  • Alberto  User Photo
    Alberto • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently completed my UX design course with Careerfoundry (get a 5% discount) and, I would like to share the answer to the 4 critical questions that I was looking for before I enrolled in the course.

• Is this course worth such a significant investment of money?
    • How’s the course in practice?
    • How’s the mentor and tutor supporting you?
    • What is the real advantage of doing a course with a job guarantee?

Is this course worth such a significant investment of money?

Many people have been asking me why I did not do a free or much cheaper online course. I probably could do it, and I believe that it is possible to start a successful career in UX design also with that type of course. However, I felt that the advantage of having a mentor and a tutor to support me, the warranty of an updated and quality proved curriculum, and the job warranty, have been fundamental in giving me the awareness that I was working in the right direction and, therefore, to keep me motivated until the end of my course. The fear that the course I would be doing may not have been enough to get in the UX job market, alongside the feeling that I could have wasted my time studying a course without many warranties, would most likely have stopped me in the process.

How is the course in practice?

The three different parts of the course are divided into achievements, where each achievement includes an average of 10 tasks to be completed. The fundamental course includes just one achievement, the immersion 6 achievements, and the UI specializations 2 achievements. Each task is estimated to require an average of 4/5 hours in total to be completed, but a few of them need more time. Each task usually consists of an initial reading that generally requires from 30 to 50 minutes. In support of each reading, you typically receive plenty of additional suggested resources if you wish to get deeper into the topic. After the reading, you have a straightforward quiz that needs to be done. Usually, it requires less than 5 minutes. Finally, you have to do your task for the topic. This can be anything from doing some user research, wireframing, or some exercise to help you understand the fundamentals of UX design. You will also get access to see three of the best tasks submitted by other students as an example, so you will have a more precise understanding of what is required to do in that specific task. Most of the tasks you will be doing will be part of the final project that you will include in your portfolio. Overall, you complete at least one different project for each of these phases. At the end you will come up with at least 3 projects on your final portfolio, which is what matters at the end when it is time to apply for jobs.

How’s the mentor and tutor supporting you?

The tutors are usually UX/UI designers with at least a couple of years of experience in the field, while the mentors are typically senior UX designers with plenty of experience. The tutor is the one who will approve all of your tasks and will be ready to assist you in any problem you may face while working on your assignments. This will be done through chat only, where they are usually replying to all of your questions in a few hours.With the mentor, however, the interactions are through video-chat. You have unlimited calls with the mentor, but I don’t think you will need more than once per week. I found myself also going through the course for two or three weeks without needing any call. The mentor will be the one that will approve the final task of each achievement and the one that should help you to orientate in the world of the UX design industry, sharing tips and advice for being successful in this field.

Other than the tutor and mentor, I found the Slack community created by Careerfoundry to be another great source of support. That is the ideal place to get connected with other students that perhaps are working on the same tasks as you. It is very helpful, especially when you may need feedback or collaborations with other people to complete the tasks.

What is the real advantage of doing a course with a job guarantee?

I admit that the job guarantee was one of the main reasons that convinced me to choose the Ux design course with Careerfoundry. This is because it gave me the feeling that I would always have a final winning situation in the end, with either ending up having a job or having done the course for free. Besides being an effective and powerful marketing strategy from the schools, I think the job guarantee is also a great advantage for students who want to enrol in this type of course with the final goal to land a new job. However, from my personal experience, I feel the real purpose and advantage of doing a course with the job guarantee are to give to the students the confidence they are working in the right direction following a solid method that will provide them with the right skills and knowledge to get started to work in the field. Overall this gives a strong motivation and focuses on working till the end of the course. In conclusion, I would suggest students to consider the job guarantee more as a guarantee of the quality of the course, more than a way to have an exit strategy in case they won’t find a job.

Pros

• Job warranty
    • Support from great tutor and mentor
    • Easy to connect with other students on Slack community
    • Final portfolio with 3 projects
    • Flexibility to study part-time or full time

Cons

• Expensive
    • Studying from home can feel alienating and lonely sometimes.
    • You may get a refund from the job warranty but still not have a job

If you think you want to study with Careerfoundry click here to get a 5% discount to any of their courses.

• Laura Rider-Hill   User Photo
    Laura Rider-Hill • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am currently in the UX Design Program at Career Foundry and I am very impressed with the program so far. I had never done UX before the program and I have learned so much since I started in December. The lessons are clear and well written and I have the best tutor and mentor to help me if I have any questions. Plus the courses are remote and can be taken from anywhere. I would highly recommend Career Foundry to anyone looking to learn new job skills!
  •  Briana ingrum  User Photo
    Briana ingrum • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have really been enjoying taking the ui course with career flu dart. My mentor has been very helpful with tips and useful information for the real world. Both my mentors give me great feedback to improve my work. I do wish the online course had more videos for references and other useful tips. I’m a visual learning and I think more videos would be helpful