careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1220) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Michelle  User Photo
    Michelle • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am almost towards the end of the immersion now, and am feeling really confident with how CareerFoundry has prepared me for the UX field.

The intro to UX course gives you a quick look into with the different parts of UX, so you can get a taste of all of it before you really dive in. The immersion course expands heavily on what you learned in the intro, and you are prompted to choose a project that will become your main case study for the immersion course. CareerFoundry shows you your timeline progress, so you can visually keep track how far along you are in the program by weeks and by tasks. It is very independent work, so self-motivation is big. The lessons are detailed and provide you with plenty of information to understand the topic they're teaching you, and there are always extra links to articles so you can go even more in depth. There are weekly submission goals that also shows your expected program and time finish that help to keep you on track. This has helped me become more disciplined and stick to the deadlines so I either submit according to my expected timelines. I also really really love that they show you how long a task might take, like 1-3 hours or 10+ hours. I like to plan ahead so I really love this feature.

If you don't like your mentor or tutor, you can also always request a change. I was nervous I wouldn't connect with mine but it's quite the opposite. My tutor is great! I really want to highlight how much I love my mentor and our extremely valuable video calls - she's very encouraging but also highly critical. She's the head of a large (like 40+ member) UX team at a major grocery store company and always provides me with honest feedback and ways to improve my portfolio, telling me what she'd be looking for when hiring for her company. I doubt myself and put a lot of pressure upon myself, but I always leave our calls feeling sooo much better and that everything will be okay!

I haven't started the job prep course yet, but I am in it, so I can see that they help you develop your identity (in the context of what you're passionate about) and clean up your portfolio and resume. I know this is definitely assistance I need, so I'm glad to have it. Interestingly enough, the user experience of the CareerFoundry website is ... lacking lol. It works fine but sometimes, I find myself laughing clicking around because it makes no sense that a website hosting a UX design course has such unintuitive UX. CareerFoundry, if you're reading this - pls conduct research with your own students, tutors, and mentors!

I remember reading through Course Report obsessively, trying to figure out if I should go into UX and if I should choose CareerFoundry...
    So if you're wondering if UX design is right for you... Do you like studying human behavior (psychology)? Do you love comparing products to find the best one? Do you enjoy solving problems and thinking critically? Do you enjoy divulging your thought processes behind what you do? Then go for it :-)
    (bonus points - this one might be hard for a lot of people, but is crucial for UX - you will have to learn to let go of your ego and be objective - you cannot be stubborn with your designs. It's part of what I love about UX design - your work will always evolve and get better, as long as you take in and adapt to the feedback you get)
    I was in between multiple programs and absolutely hate having regrets. But I am really glad with my choice. I'm (naturally) nervous for the job hunt but I genuinely feel so much more confident and excited to enter this field now thanks to CareerFoundry <3
  • Ivana Newby  User Photo
    Ivana Newby • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am at the last few weeks of my program and compared to UX research I’ve done in the past, CareerFoundry gives you everything you need. You also get a mentor and a tutor along your journey who have been extremely helpful with my feedback.
  • Sheila España   User Photo
    Sheila España • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’m coursing Ux Design Course and I can’t be happier with my decision. The support from the team is amazing. I have a health problem and they support me not only with my studies giving me more time to complete the course, they also support me in a personal way.
    The course is so complete. There are plenty of resources, they prepare you for job interviews, make your porfolio and to find a job.
    You will never feel alone doing the course. It’s not that kind of course that you complete tasks alone without any contact with a tutor. You will have a tutor and a mentor to guide you in the industry. Absolutely recommended.
  • Timon  User Photo
    Timon • Web developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    Coming from a non technical background, I enjoyed the variety of topics it covers.
    Career Foundry did a good job in picking on-demand technologies.
    The training is mostly understandable and only need update in some sections to the newest release or splitting some of the tasks.
    The community I find valuable and we learn from each other even though we live in completely different places.

The career coaching is also a great deal and itself worth a lot. Consists of a course with several tasks to improve your professional appearance aswell as a dedicated career coach.

Over all I feel like being prepared for a lot of topics and it is on me to deepen the knowledge!

I would recommend, though to visit a few online courses about the basic HTML, CSS an JavaScript. It helps a lot to overcome some obstacles BEFORE the course.
  • Samia Islam  User Photo
    Samia Islam • Applicant Verified via GitHub
    The course contents are nicely set up. Instructions are very transparent and easy to understand. The support that I have got from the instructor, tutor and other staffs when needed has been very prompt and useful.
  • UX Design Course
    - 6/28/2022
    Heike Bocht  User Photo
    Heike Bocht • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am almost halfway through the UX Design Program and I love it.
    I've done other online courses, even in UX, which gave me a good understanding of the field, but this course is very much deeper.
    You have two parts: the intro part, where you learn almost every part of UX casually - this is where a lot of other courses end - and then the second, immersive part, where you pick a project that you work on. In this part you learn everything a UX Designer needs to know and almost everything will be covered by Tasks, you have to submit.
    With every task you can see what a few other students have submitted - so if you don't understand the assignment, you can then get an idea. This helps a lot.

From Day 1 you have a tutor and a mentor. When you are halfway through you can do the job preparation course, where you get another mentor, who helps you prepare for your first job. I can't say much about this, since I am not there yet. But my "normal" mentor already helped me with questions about jobs and work.

The course is parted in little sections and it's viable to do like 4-5 tasks a week (full-time). I can recommend it.
  • Hugo Clarke  User Photo
    Hugo Clarke • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a fan of independent learning, I can strongly vouch for Career Foundry. By "independent", I do not mean you are alone: your tutor and mentor will help you with any questions you have, and there is a whole community of other students to work with. The point is that you can learn at your own pace, spend more time on aspects you find challenging, and take whatever approach to learning suits you best.

Of course, this means you are responsible for structuring your time, and this is an important skill as well. It's a bit lonely if you don't reach out to connect with study buddies (which may be something you do or don't want to do), and you get help from your tutor via messages, so it is not the same as a classroom. You CAN book video calls with your mentor, which is great, but this is for more high-level guidance than everyday learning. The staff are very supportive and encouraging.

I hope this review gives you some insight into what to expect, but I can certainly recommend Career Foundry and am very grateful this opportunity is here for me to take this path. If you want to study UI, go for it!
  • Giselle Marques Gazzana  User Photo
    Giselle Marques Gazzana • UX Designer Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a very good research I choose to study at CareerFoundry and since april I'm making my career transition with them, loving it!
    They are very attentive and the way of learning by making my portfolio is a differential. My course's mentor and tutor are senior professionals with good teach skills and very supportive. I recommend!
  • Victoria Ramsdell  User Photo
    Victoria Ramsdell • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall my experience here at Careerfoundry has been great. I have been able to complete 2 out of the 6 achievements involved in phase two and really feel like I am being prepared for a future in UX design. I am being immersed in the language of UX, learning the main functions and responsibilities of my position and learning how to imagine myself in the context of a product development team as a whole.

I have especially loved getting to know my Mentor. She is very smart and has a proven career in UX, and I really admire her and her decisions in this field. I want to contribute getting to know her and seeking her out for quality advice even after this program.

I also loved getting to know my first tutor. We we’re able to connect on LinkedIn outside of careerfoundry and I find it invaluable to see the people teaching me live their lives. I love seeing how they interact in this world.
  • Elizabeth Stone  User Photo
    Elizabeth Stone • Airline Ramp Worker • Student Verified via GitHub
    This course has exceeded my expectations. The material is clear and comprehensive, and the resources available to students (mentor, tutor, and career services) really make you feel like you have someone to reach out to when you need help, and you are supported. The self-paced setup is also so wonderful, as you can take the course as slow as you need, or pick up the pace when you have time/if you want to finish sooner. Overall, this course is very well designed and organized, and the material is easy to read and understand.
  • Justin  User Photo
    Justin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course is not worth the money at all. Majority of the exercises are all very out of date and they refuse to want to update them. The company seems to like to focus on their UX/UI students more than anyone else, and all the information they have on their slack channels is geared towards them with very little if anything geared towards the developers. The job guarantee is nearly impossible to fulfill as well and is more like a full time job and prevents you from actually focusing on getting a job if you want to be able to get your money back.
  • Overall Experience:
    I have taken the UX Immersion Program and am very disappointed with the curriculum. The course is designed to create pieces for your portfolio and if your aim is to have a generic project in a generic portfolio, you can easily find all the information you'd get from the $7000 CF program on free youtube videos. I'm currently in the Front-end Development specialisation section of the course (almost 90% of the way through) and am just being told to essentially copy-paste code language into an editor, there is very little information or theory taught about how the coding process actually works.

Overall, although this course may help you get a job, I don't know if you will actually leave with the skills you'll be advertising to potential companies. Personally, I'd for the amount of money I spent on the course I was hoping to actually interact and be able to learn in a collaborative / instructive environment for the tough material that can be learning UX and Front-end Development but this course is 99% reading and submitting assignments. Many other programs offer free or cheap monthly fee alternatives with better and more interactive platforms. I'd highly recommend staying clear of here.
    Response From: Chloe R. of CareerFoundry
    Title: Program Advisor
    Tuesday, Jun 07 2022

Hi there Wilky,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are sorry that your experience did not match your expectations, and we are always open to feedback in order to improve the product we offer. We would very much like the opportunity to investigate your case further, as the points that you have cited are extremely uncommon for the vast majority of our students.

Could you please contact us at: feedback@careerfoundry.com

We look forward to hearing from you and addressing the points raised.

Best regards,