careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1003) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Ryan C.  User Photo
    Ryan C. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm currently enrolled in CareerFoundry's full stack web development program. All of the learning is on-demand, and you are provided a tutor to review daily tasks and a mentor to review projects and have regular Skype calls with. The program is flexible, so you can work whatever hours you want at whatever pace you want, which is the big draw for me. I'm half-way through and am satisfied with the skills that the program is developing in me. I haven't yet started my job search so I cannot comment on the job assistance.
  • Stine Schreiber  User Photo
    Stine Schreiber • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am super happy I was able to take the UX Immersive course with a Bildungsgutschein from the german jobcenter. During the course you work on two portfolio projects, one is short to get an overview about the process and one is more detailed. This helped me a lot to practice UX methods and get confident with different software. You get assigned to a Tutor and a Mentor who help with tasks, software and provide support when you get stuck. There is also a Career spezialist to prepare for the job application phase and a slack community to reach out for various questions. I would highly recommend school!
  • Rebekah Gallop  User Photo
    Rebekah Gallop • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    CareerFoundry has been an engaging and fun experience. The content is highly relevant and easy to do self-directed. I appreciate the examples of student work they include which help me understand if I'm on the right path. In addition, every task is working towards something that could be in a portfolio but broken up into small chunks so that it is not overwhelming and helps keep you motivated to keep working. The tutors and mentor have been amazing! They respond to my questions quickly and give detailed feedback. I recommend CareerFoundry to anyone due to the support, curriculum, and the fact that is all comes at an affordable price that is hard to beat.
  • UX Design
    - 10/26/2021
    Alix  User Photo
    Alix • Junior UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the CareerFoundry program in January 2021 and completed the main UX Design course in July 2021. I completed the remaining courses (specialisation - UI for UX Designers & Job Preparation) in September and October 2021. I don't normally write reviews, but I feel like I have to write a review for CareerFoundry. My experience with this course has been nothing but positive. I started the program because I wanted to execute a career change, and after conducting an extensive amount of research on online courses, I decided to proceed with CareerFoundry. I chose them because of 2 reasons:
    1) They focus more on your portfolio rather than the certification (as I have some experience within the creative industry, I know that employers are only interested in what you can bring to the table in terms of creativity, rather than your qualifications).
    2) They have a job guarantee (I thought that they must be sure of themselves if they can give you your money back if you don't get a job within 6 months of completing the course).

CareerFoundry has helped me discover my new passion for UX design and have helped me land my first ever full-time creative position as a Junior UX/UI Designer. After completing the entire course on 12 October 2021, I landed my new job on 26 October 2021. CareerFoundry has helped me develop a brand new skill set, successfully market myself as a job seeker/career changer, and has given me the tools necessary to create an industry-standard portfolio.

The curriculum is up to date, easy to understand, and structured beautifully. It's so easy to follow and psychologically challenges you to go above and beyond on your task submissions by featuring your work to other students (if your work is a great example). I'd say the only suggestion/criticism I have for them is to show more video demonstrations, as there is a lot of reading to do. This might benefit students who have a low attention span and find it difficult to read long paragraphs at a time. Other than that, the course is amazing. I also really like how it presents a timeline of your progress and what you can do to stay on track.

The mentors, tutors, student advisors, and career specialists are incredibly helpful and are there for you every step of the way. I am more of an independent student and I don't like asking for help much. I also didn't feel like I needed a lot of help either, as the exercises and tasks were so easy to understand. The only time I would ask for help is when I needed my mentor to review my portfolio, just so it was up to industry standards.

All in all, CareerFoundry is an incredible online course and it's no wonder why they are one of the leaders in UX Design online education. I would recommend the UX Design course to anyone who has a creative foundation, high level of empathy, willingness to learn, wants to change careers, and has persistence and drive.

I cannot thank CareerFoundry enough for what they have helped me achieve.

Best wishes,
    Alix
  • UI Design
    Giulia Brancati  User Photo
    Giulia Brancati • Graphic and digital designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am mid-way through my UI Design course with Career Foundry. This was one of the best decisions of my life as I’m learning something I love and getting great feedback and support along the way.
    Everyone at Career Foundry is super supportive and I would recommend 100% choosing a course with them. If you have the chance to invest on yourself and your education, this is a great place to be, and you can do it at your own pace , which is great too!
    Hayde Estevez  User Photo
    Hayde Estevez • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The school curriculum is great. They have a great way of teaching and building your portfolio at the same time. My only complaint is that there are a lot of designer tools you need to master and they don’t really teach you how to use them.
  • Antonio Sage  User Photo
    Antonio Sage • Ui Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Since joining Career Foundry I have felt supported by the entire team in charge of my progress. From the counselors to my amazing teacher and mentor, I cannot say enough positive things about this course. Thank you!
  • Mario Jimmy Barron Aguilar   User Photo
    Mario Jimmy Barron Aguilar • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    From the onboarding, I have to say that everything made sense, and they sent you material before and were able to sign up to learn more about each specific study field. I studied five months prior, but I had no structure and low confidence levels when I taught. It would be tough to pull this off, especially with no help or direction in my portfolio. I think CareerFoundry has an excellent structure for self-paced learners who thrive on being self-accountable and dependable. Because you are in an online cohort and not in person, it is super important to build that relationship with your tutor/tutors. I had Bryce and Vijit, and they always give good feedback and send links to relevant material. Besides that, my mentor Oz is very personable and has a remarkable ability to break down problems or questions for me, and his video feedback is priceless. Lastly, I have just recently started working with my Career Specialist Cheron, and she is excellent and has an insightful view on why I want to pursue specific opportunities. I would say you get what you put into the program.
  • Amazing Journey!
    Fnan   User Photo
    Fnan • Ysahak • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Careerfoundry has been the best decision I've made in a long time. From the course work and the way it is presented to both my amazing Tutor and Mentor, I feel more and more prepared for the field of UX as I get through the course. The course does an amazing job of keeping students engaged and I enjoy the way the information and different concepts are presented. I do wish that Figma was presented in the course since it is used a lot out in the field, but maybe this is something students will have to learn on their own as I did.
  • UX Design
    Javier Mejia  User Photo
    Javier Mejia • Content Creator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Vy Huynh  User Photo
    Vy Huynh • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    CareerFoundry is a great platform for someone like me with no Tech experience and wants to transition to a career within the UX/UI field. Their content is not only informative but always up to date, so I am always confident that the study materials being taught will allow me to practice industry standards in the real world. The concept of their course is very useful as I was able to work on a real world project that I can add to my portfolio. Instead of having just a certification to showcase to potential clients, I also have a project with all my deliverables that can better explain my thought process within the UX/UI field in addition.

Thank you CareerFoundry for helping my transition to my dream career and holding my hands with empathy throughout the process.