7 Best Coding Bootcamps in Vancouver
- 1307Reviews38CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Read MoreBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Read More
5Student - Course: Data Analytics - Vancouver
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Comprehensive and GenuineBrainstation is Vancouver's golden standard of education for data analytics. The program and quality of material is widely known for being precisely what compan ... Read MoreBrainstation is Vancouver's golden standard of education for data analytics. The program and quality of material is widely known for being precisely what companies require for new hires, especially when courses are taught by vetted industry experts. The materials remain up to date, and each student can directly ask questions to instructors at any time. Our courses are project-focused, allowing each student the chance to showcase what they've learned.... Read Less
- 57Reviews2CoursesCodeCore offers an intensive, 12-week developer bootcamp in Vancouver. CodeCore is one of Western Canada's first developer schools, and is taught by seasoned... Read MoreCodeCore offers an intensive, 12-week developer bootcamp in Vancouver. CodeCore is one of Western Canada's first developer schools, and is taught by seasoned industry experts. The program culminates in a hiring day attended by Vancouver's top technology companies. Read More
5Graduate - Vancouver
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Totally worth itI graduated the CodeCore bootcamp in August and I feel confident saying it was the best educational experience I’ve ever had. I have previously received a Bache ... Read More
I graduated the CodeCore bootcamp in August and I feel confident saying it was the best educational experience I’ve ever had. I have previously received a Bachelor’s degree in business and began learning on my own over a year ago. I joined CodeCore because I found the complete full stack difficult to learn on my own. I wanted more hands on training and to be able to code with a group (as you would on a job) and to get more feedback and code review.
It was hard work, and I really loved how much there was to learn and how quickly I could take it in thanks to the bootcamp format. Instruction took place in the morning then we did labs to practice during the afternoon. Homework and exams helped further cement knowledge and build confidence. The quality of the teaching was excellent - Steve and Tam are great instructors with valuable industry knowledge. And the TAs are excellent - friendly, highly skilled and helpful.
I’m getting ready to start my first position as a full stack dev and I’m beyond excited. Advice I would give if you’re thinking of joining CodeCore is work hard, take it seriously, ask for help when you need it., and maximize your potential learning by practicing the basics as much as possible before starting. They really want you to succeed and will do everything to help you learn and prepare for jobs afterward. There’s a good reason past grads regularly keep in touch with CodeCore: CodeCore builds community and values its alumni and students.... Read Less
5Student - Course: Web Development Fundamentals - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Great for BeginnersI decided to enroll to NuCamp because it was very affordable but after taking the course, i believe it was a great decision. I took the four-week web developmen ... Read MoreI decided to enroll to NuCamp because it was very affordable but after taking the course, i believe it was a great decision. I took the four-week web development class and i really enjoyed it, the instructor was very thorough and helpful as well. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get into web development.... Read Less
- 594Reviews19CoursesNew York City, San Francisco, Sydney, London, and 47 more...Washington, Seattle, Melbourne, Singapore, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Online, Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Raleigh, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Toronto, Paris, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Edinburgh, Manchester, Adelaide, Calgary, Vancouver, Halifax, Columbus, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Louisville, Miami, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, San Jose, Tampa, Buffalo, WinnipegGeneral Assembly offers short and long courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more, online and in-person, across 15 camp... Read MoreGeneral Assembly offers short and long courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more, online and in-person, across 15 campuses in 4 continents. Focusing on the most relevant and in-demand skills across data, design, business, and technology, General Assembly is confronting a skills gap and providing access to opportunities in tech. General Assembly offers a breadth of different course offerings and classes range from full-time immersive courses for learners that want to switch to a new career, to part-time courses for learners that are looking to improve their career trajectory by acquiring a new skill set, and mentor-led online circuits for a more flexible way to acquire foundational skills. Read More
5Student - Course: 2. Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Difficult, Fulfilling, and Life ChangingThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking t ... Read MoreThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking to learn full stack Web Development. The Instructors and TA's are top notch, friendly, and helpful!... Read Less
- 2Reviews6CoursesCornerstone International Community College of Canada offers 24-month Web and Mobile App Development and Network & Systems Solutions bootcamps and a 12-m... Read MoreCornerstone International Community College of Canada offers 24-month Web and Mobile App Development and Network Systems Solutions bootcamps and a 12-month Digital Marketing Specialist bootcamp. The Web and Mobile App Development and Network Systems Solutions bootcamps each include 9 courses over the course of 12 months followed by 12 months of paid co-op work experience. The Digital Marketing Specialist bootcamp includes 6 months of coursework followed by a 6 month paid co-op experience. Read More
5Student - Course: Web and Mobile App Development - Vancouver
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Super practical diploma programsWhen I was a student, we were participating many projects right after finishing any web and mobile development topics. Especially, my teacher, Ali(he is still t ... Read MoreWhen I was a student, we were participating many projects right after finishing any web and mobile development topics. Especially, my teacher, Ali(he is still teaching with the same passion like his first day) has two master degree from one of the high-end universities in Canada. He was just amazing because of small class size, he would spend his time for every student in order for us to understand the logic behind and every single details.
I could personally write so much good things about the program, long story short, it is just a brilliant program that everyone should have a chance to be part of this great atmosphere. Highly recommended.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Online Full Stack Software Development Bootcamp (Part-time) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Trilogy Full-Stack Web Dev BootcampThis was a great experience for me. I would recommend this program to anybody who had any interest in web development. I started this bootcamp with little knowl ... Read MoreThis was a great experience for me. I would recommend this program to anybody who had any interest in web development.... Read Less
I started this bootcamp with little knowledge or understanding of what goes into being a web developer. I followed my instincts, took a risk, and I'm so glad I did. I have experienced the full range of emotions during my time in the bootcamp but the most prominent feeling at this time is one of accomplishment. This was the program I needed to help me break into developing myself as a web developer. This bootcamp gave me a path I can follow for my future success. It also gave me the tools to start creating. The foundation is set and now I can expand.
Some of my most favorite and stressful time was during the project weeks. This was a chance to team up with classmates, use the tech that we've been learning, and to be as creative as we possibly can. It could be very thrilling and stressful.
Speaking on the teaching staff, I thought they did a great job with teaching so many new developers. My instructor was great at teaching new concepts and getting ideas across. He was very professional and patient. He was knowledgeable and open about the realities of being a developer. I was stuck several times and he helped me get over those challenges. Also, the TAs that were part of my cohort, were awesome as well to work with. I always felt like I could reach out to them for help and get a response. Ultimately, the people you interact with the most help enhance the experience and shape what you take away from the bootcamp. I was very fortunate for my instructor, TAs, and fellow peers. As those are the people I had to lean on when I needed some extra help.
To the curriculum, they introduced over 24 technologies to us that was outlined from day one. They definitely teach you the tech you need to build a full stack website or web app. These full-stack tools that I've come away with from this bootcamp will be my foundation that everything builds from. I am very excited and pleased with what I've learned in this short time. Now I need to refine what I've learned and curate my skills and style. In my opinion, this is where things get exciting for a developer.
The pace of the classes were just right for me. Any slower, and I don't know how we would have gotten through all the material needed by the end of the program. Any faster, and I wouldn't of kept up as well as I did. I was slightly behind the whole program but I was able to complete the program requirements with high marks.
There are so many resources available for a student starting with your instructor, TAs, and peers. They have tutors available to students by schedule. I never took advantage of this resource, but I wish I had. I heard a lot good feedback from students about their tutoring sessions. You can also post questions to the bootcamp website and get a response in reasonable time. My instructor went above and beyond with curating resources to share on a weekly basis. These links definitely helped prepare me for the coming class or week of material.
In addition to the material and resources, they also have a career connections service in the bootcamp. I wasn't able keep up my career connections during the bootcamp so I am tackling all of my milestones after the bootcamp. I am very grateful these services are available for three to six months afterward. This gives me time to build on my skills and confidence as I transition into the workforce.
I have been a stay-at-home dad for the last 10 years with four kids at home. I am 41. I chose the part-time course (Felt like a full time experience to me) and I'm so proud to say that I have completed the bootcamp. If you're willing to show up and put forth your best effort, you will do fine in this program. Enjoy the experience the best you can but take it seriously. You paid good money for it and the people you are interacting with are professionals. No need to waste anyone's time. You definitely get out of this program what you put in.
This was the program I needed to start myself on a developer's path. Now I just need to do the post work and transition work.
- 0Reviews3CoursesFocus College offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software development and information technology advanced security specialist training (ITASS). The ... Read MoreFocus College offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software development and information technology advanced security specialist training (ITASS). The bootcamps cover a range of skills to give students essential knowledge for the IT field, and focus on in-demand market requirements, such as Python, React, and ASP.Net, and MySQL and SQL Server as Database systems. Read More