Canada is a leading tech country with data science bootcamps in its five major tech cities: Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and Ottawa. Learning data science in Canada means having many opportunities of working at large, respected companies or cutting-edge tech startups. Whether you’re looking for a full-time or part-time program, we’ve rounded up all of the in-person data science bootcamps in Canada, plus our recommendations for online data programs in Canada!
The Data Science Job Market in Canada
Tech jobs in Canada are a top priority as Canadian tech companies need to meet the growing demand for skilled tech professionals. Data science bootcamps abound in the biggest tech cities in Canada, from Vancouver to Montreal.
The 5 Biggest Tech Cities in Canada:
Toronto - Canada’s largest city is home to many bootcamps, including BrainStation, Lighthouse Labs, General Assembly, and Juno College of Technology. Located in the Northeast part of the country, tech jobs in Canada are boundless in Toronto, as prioritized funding boosts the already booming tech industry.
Montreal - The second largest city in Canada, Montreal is booming with tech companies looking to hire data professionals. Montreal is home to data science bootcamps like Lighthouse Labs and Le Wagon.
Vancouver - As the third largest city in Canada, Vancouver hosts a lush tech landscape on the Pacific coast — home to large Canadian tech companies like Telus and HootSuite, and coding bootcamps like BrainStation.
Calgary - Located in Alberta, Calgary is becoming a tech mecca for companies in energy tech, software development, and data analytics. Data science bootcamps in Calgary include CodeBound and Intela Education.
Ottawa - As the capital city of Ontario, Ottawa is growing as a central point for telecommunications and cybersecurity companies, as well as government-related tech initiatives.
The Biggest Companies Hiring Data Professionals in Canada
Canadian tech companies hiring data professionals range from large corporations to budding startups. Industries include banking, insurance, IoT, team management, cybersecurity, and e-commerce.
The biggest corporate companies to find data jobs in Canada include:
- Thomson Reuters
- Celestica Inc
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Capital One
Emerging startups that are paving the way for the future of data jobs include:
- auticon Canada
- Wynd Network
Typical Salaries of Data Professionals in Canada
Data tech jobs in Canada include data analyst, data scientist, data engineer, and machine learning engineer. Entry-level data science bootcamp grads land tech jobs in Canada earning close to $50k annually, depending on experience, company, and location, while those with more experience make closer to $122k!
5 Data Science Bootcamps in Canada
In-person data science bootcamps teach students how to learn data tools and programming languages like Python from scratch in a focused setting through both accelerated full-time and elongated part-time. Most bootcamps boast personalized career support and connection to hiring partners and professional networking.
For career changers, we recommend Lighthouse Labs Data Science Bootcamp which is offered full-time in 12 weeks or 30 weeks flexible part-time and features on-demand mentorship.
- Lighthouse Labs is accredited, featuring small class sizes, on-demand mentorship, dedicated career services, and robust curricula for learners committed to thriving in an intense, accelerated environment. No coding experience required to enroll.
For career changers, we recommend BrainStation’s Data Science Bootcamp, which features a 90% hiring rate for graduates!
- With locations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Online Live, Canadian learners at BrainStation can expect project-based learning, daily curriculum updates, and flexible learning options. BrainStation has graduated over 100,000 tech professionals that have empowered some of the largest companies in Canada and the world.
For career changers, we recommend Pragra’s Data Science Bootcamp, which will equip you with the skills and tools needed to start a thriving career in data!
- Located in Mississauga (close to Toronto), Praga hosts part-time coding bootcamps in 4, 8, 12, 16, and 22-week durations that are designed to advance current IT professionals into more skilled positions. Coupled as an IT consulting firm, Praga supports IT professionals with industry insight and pointed career services to get graduates hired in roles they love.
For career changers, we recommend General Assembly’s Data Science Bootcamp, which is designed to get you hired!
- Headquartered in Toronto, General Assembly hosts both full-time and part-time bootcamps live online. Graduates leave with a portfolio of real-life projects taught to them by experienced tech professionals and are supported by a skilled career services team that incorporates past experience with these newly developed tech skills.
For career changers, we recommend Le Wagon’s Data Science Bootcamp.
- Located in Montreal as well as online, Le Wagon offers career tracks in front end development, full stack development, and data science. Data science bootcamp applicants should have a basic understanding of mathematics and programming, as well as be motivated, social, and curious. Le Wagon supports learners with financing options, comprehensive career services, access to their extensive hiring network, and lifetime access to Le Wagon’s learning platform!
There are also live online data science programs based in Canada:
For career changers, we recommend Carleton University Boot Camps Data Boot Camp, where you’ll get hands-on learning from a dynamic curriculum!
- No previous programming skills necessary at Carleton University Boot Camps, where learners gain hands-on experience and professional collaboration in a 24-week framework that includes career services, like 1:1 coaching, portfolio review, and demo days, and a portfolio that showcases working knowledge of the skills developed in the bootcamp.
For career changers, we recommend Juno College of Technology’s Data Analytics course, offered live online, which will give you hands-on training to lay the foundation for a data career.
- Based out of Toronto, Juno College of Technology is ideal for both career accelerators and career changers, Juno’s focused courses and bootcamps have a flexible schedule to meet learners where they are. Each student has a dedicated career coach and access to Juno’s hiring partners, leading them to work with innovative companies around the world.
For career changers, we recommend UofT SCS Data Analytics Boot Camp, which is a part-time program where you’ll get plenty of projects for your portfolio.
- No previous programming skills necessary at UofT SCS Boot Camps. The live online boot camps include dedicated career services and coaching.
For those that are interested in learning web development or software engineering first and then turning that into a data science career, here are coding bootcamps with campuses in Canada: