university-of-toronto-school-of-continuing-studies-boot-camps-logo

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

Toronto, Toronto, Toronto

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development program, 24-week, part-time programs in data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology, and UX/UI, and an 18-week, part-time program in digital marketing. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. UofT SCS Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Learners benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through program completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. On successful completion, learners will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (the boot camp is not a School of Continuing Studies certificate program) and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, digital marketing, financial technology, or UX/UI.

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.1

all (48) reviews for University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps →

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationToronto
      UofT SCS Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationToronto
      This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationToronto
      UofT SCS Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Cryptocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationToronto
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationToronto
      UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationToronto
      UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • UX/UI - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
      OnlinePart Time24 Weeks
      LocationToronto
      Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
      Prep WorkPre-Work
    • Mark  User Photo
      Mark • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This was a great 6 monthes and I learned a lot, you will only get out of the experiance as much as you put in. I appreciate all the efforts of my instructor(Piro) and TA's(Sara, Nitin, Sunil, Laurel) Thank you all. They all genuinally want to see you succeed. Despite being a class of 66, I always received indivudal attention when I needed the help. I enjoyed the curriculum, I was able to get a taste of the coding world from Excel to MAchine learning, and it was amazing to see the growth in my journey. Thank you Everyone!
      Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps
      Monday, Apr 05 2021
      Way to go, Mark! Like you noted, you get out what you put into the boot camp so we commend all the hard work you dedicated to your studies. We're glad you benefited from the support of our instructional team and couldn't agree more that Piro, Sara, Nitin, Sunil, Laurel are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Olivera  User Photo
      Olivera • UX Designer / Sr. Art Director • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My experience attending the UX UI bootcamp at UofT was outstanding. The course intrustor Betsy Wang was super knowledgeable, but also she is passionate, exuberant about the subject matter, and has a lot of experience. In addition she demonstrates so much patience for all the students. In addition the TAs Farzad and Kabeer were just as knowledgable and patient. The course content is extremely thorough and very demanding. While this is called a Part Time program I feel it's not really that, more of a Full Time one. Anyone enrolled in the program and working full time and an graduate I have outmost respect for, but unfortunately that was not the case with some of the students that attended full time. Personally I was working part time, and even as that I found it a demanding course. At the same time I want to balance that by saying that I was exceptionally motivated to go 100% with the course, so I gave it my all, therefore I put in a lot more effort than the average student. Like everything in life, you get out what you put in. Also, taking this bootcamp during Covid gave me the emotional support to get through these difficult times. The course was optimized to be done virtually and succeeded well. In fact it prepped the students to collaborate virtually which is a necessity working remotely during and beyond Covid. In addition the Career Services part helped me get prepared for the job market. Overall, I highly recommend this bootcamp.
      Thursday, Dec 03 2020
      Thank you for sharing your experience, Olivera! Like you noted, our course is designed to cover a variety of complex topics at a fast pace, and learners are encouraged to continue their studies outside of the classroom to help them master the skills taught in class. While it's not for everyone, we commend your dedication and commitment to the boot camp and appreciate your advice for future applicants. And we have to agree — Betsy, Farzad, and Kabeer are incredible — we're so glad you were able to benefit from their instruction and support, as well as lean on them during a difficult time. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we wish you all the best during your job search!
    • Deenu Gengiti  User Photo
      Deenu Gengiti • Sr. Program Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      When I joined the course, I was skeptical about content coverage and how well the curriculum content is designed to minimize the complexity of a stack of technologies. Generally, full-stack programs are fast-paced, grueling, and easy to lose traction. I am amazed at the course curriculum design with exercises, assignments, mini-projects, and group projects to constantly engage students and lead their paths to successful completion. I was very fortunate to experience a brand quality with the University of Toronto with complement student services, career development, webinars, and most importantly one-to-one coaching for making the right pitch. And last but not least to mention, the instructor and TA on their command on the subject is just woww! They made the program look much simpler and easier to absorb. I highly recommend the course as it is the best available source in the city!
      Tuesday, Nov 24 2020
      Thank you, Deenu! It's great to hear you enjoyed the boot camp curriculum and benefited from working on the various exercises, assignments, and group projects. We're thrilled you not only felt supported by our entire instructional team but took advantage of all the available resources. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we're confident you'll go on to achieve amazing things with your newfound knowledge!
    • Bincy  User Photo
      Bincy • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Hello,

I am a happy alumnus who just finished the data Bootcamp from the University of Toronto (UofT). Before, talking about the Bootcamp, let me give a brief overview of myself.

I have worked in the Data Science field for about 2 years and knew python quite well. However, the full stack and databases and public cloud, etc were relatively new to me. The biggest challenge was I was a new immigrant to Canada who landed here just before COVID  travel restrictions rolled out. Because of my lack of Canadian experience and partially because of COVID, none of the job applications seemed to reach employers. Quite accidentally, after searching a while on google, I ended up enrolled in this course and it was one of the best decisions in my life.

First of all, let me talk about the instructor - Ahmad,  who is well versed in every topic, ensured all the students in the class were brought to speed (especially, those students lacking coding background). He also conducted extra classes to teach the industry level cloud technologies. All his efforts are shown at the end in terms of the improvement we all had. He is not only very knowledgeable but also a great instructor who ensured the success of all his students.

Instructional team Krutheeka and Dami helped us not only with the materials but also provided the best suggestions and advice on projects.

We had visiting-instructors too, Yahya and Piro, who also ensured high-quality teaching, delivery, and provided valuable guidance.

Our Student success manager Kyla ensured students succeed in each milestone. She reached out to me on multiple occasions to check with me if I am doing well and anything is required for the successful completion of the course.

Our Career Director Nathalie  connected with me from time to time to provide me with valuable career advice and support

Without them, my journey would not have been complete.

Taking about the outcomes,

I have successfully made a competent GitHub profile and portfolio which helped to have a strong online presence.
      All my career materials were reviewed and stamped as employee competitive, that helped to reach recruiters effectively.
      And the best part is to land a job just before the completion of the course.

I am very happy about the course and the outcome and encourage anyone to take it up and give your 100%.

Thanks,
      Bincy
      Tuesday, Nov 17 2020
      Way to go, Bincy! We're glad you benefited from the ongoing support of our entire boot camp team—we also have to agree that Ahmad, Krutheeka, Dami, Yahya, Piro, Kyla, and Nathalie are all fantastic at what they do. Like you noted, working on your portfolio and completing the career services materials will definitely help you stay ahead and feel more confident about entering the market. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and embarking on an exciting new job! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Anya Fareena  User Photo
      Anya Fareena • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated beginning of this year from Full Stack Web Development -Flex Part Time, it was a great experience. I could not have done it without the assistance of extremely talented and supportive instructing team in which I would take this opportunity to thank Edward Apostal. Ed has extensive experience in this field which he would share to the class to give us the real insight into current work model. He as held sessions and real time demos which were a great learning and helped me a lot over what I could have learnt from textbooks. He was always available to clear the doubts and would go extra mile to help and make us all quite comfortable.

Even after the graduation he would constantly inform us about any job opportunities he is aware of and also check on my team as we were working on a project for Next Level competition. I am very glad that I had this opportunity to learn from such an experienced and skilled person. Thanks.

Sunday, Sep 27 2020
      We appreciate your review, Anya! We're thrilled you found our instructional team to be talented and supportive throughout your boot camp journey—we also have to agree that Edward is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we commend all your hard work and dedication! All the best as you move forward.
    • Raj Sisodia  User Photo
      Raj Sisodia • Litigation Data Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I wanted to change my career path towards Data Visualizations and Science. Found this course in line with my needs which is also affiliated from University of Toronto.
      I had a wonderful experience in learning the fundamentals of Data manipulations and analysis using different languages like python, javascript, R, pySpark, etc, and associated libraries with these programming languages. I also gained extensive knowledge of various cloud and local databases and whole ETL process to save your project data safely.  I really enjoyed working on the assignments for 2 reasons : first, they were based on real data and real problems and second, though they were based on the knowledge you gained in class, these assignments are structured so that you go out of your comfort zone and so research of your own. Which I think is very analysed approach to increase the confidence in students.
      Though the course duration is only 6 months, but they teach you a lot of things within only few weeks time and only enough time will be given to you to go through the details of a topic. But the best part is you can ask as many questions as you can and get a solution to your queries through offline channels also. If I have to give an advise, I would say, soak all information when in class or doing your assignments. Its very hard to not to focus on just one topic, but if you do you may fall behind. Do remember, there'll be ample amount of time and support still waiting for you after you finish the graduation. They are only giving you a platform to perform and then sky is limit for you to achieve.

Tuesday, Jul 28 2020
      Amazing, Raj! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of data analytics and enjoyed the curriculum. We appreciate you sharing helpful advice for prospective learners — soaking in as much information as you can during class and completing all the assignments will definitely help you stay ahead. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! We're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound skills.
    • Andy Durette  User Photo
      Andy Durette • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from the Full-Stack Flex bootcamp as of April 2020 and deciding to enroll and complete this course was one of the best decisions I have made for my continued growth in my field.

The bootcamp had fantastic instructors such as Edward Apostal. Mr. Apostal was an excellent instructor because he taught the technology as a whole; teaching you how the technology works down to it's nuances. This was critical for my learning experience, as it prepared me to better grasp how to handle connecting all the pieces of a full stack application. This also provided me with a more well rounded understanding of how to troubleshoot problems as they arise.

The Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The Full-Stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL and MongoDB, among other skill sets.

During the program students have access to resources inside and outside the classroom.
      - Teachers and Ta's are available before and after class and will often reply to you outside of scheduled hours.
      - There are tutors available if you need targeted assistance with a specific topic.
      - The course is always taking feedback and providing support.

Aside from the core course syllabus, the boot camp also offers other services during and after the course such as:
      -  Career-planning services, which will orient you towards your career goals.
      -  1:1 coaching with experts on how to enter into the industry.
      -  Professional advice for writing resumes and presenting your professional identity.

Tuesday, Jul 28 2020
      Thank you, Andy! We're thrilled to hear the boot camp was one of the best decisions you made for your continued growth in the field. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling learner success, so we're glad this resonated with you — we couldn't agree more that Edward is pretty amazing. We appreciate you sharing all the available resources individuals can take advantage of during their studies, such as tutoring, 1:1 coaching, and career-planning services. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Falgun Patel  User Photo
      Falgun Patel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It is an extensive bootcamp. Gives you lots of learning opportunity with an industry experienced professional instructor. Great support from Career Adviser and Teaching Assistant in helping and guiding in homework and projects.
      Monday, Mar 30 2020
      Thank you, Falgun! We're thrilled you enjoyed your boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
    • Jennifer  User Photo
      Jennifer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Joined the Cybersecurity bootcamp back in May 2019. With no IT background but just thinking about career change, did not know what to expect. 6 months later, thanks to the tirelessly support from the instructor, teacher assistant and Learner Success Manager, I have much clear idea which direction next.

The couse has coverd 8 major Cybersecurity domains. My favourite part was Incident response and Governence regulation compliance. It gave us not only the current insight of the indutry but the complete aspect of Cybersecurity. I would only wish we could have learn more about the Cloud security.

Overall I had great learning experice and for sure recommand anyone who is interested in Cybersecurity.

Monday, Dec 23 2019
      Way to go, Jennifer! We're happy that the boot camp gave you the skills and confidence to pursue a new career direction. Like you mentioned, the curriculum dives into a variety of cybersecurity topics, and we're thrilled that these resonated with you and that you found the instructors and learner support to be beneficial in mastering the course materials. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
    • Goya  User Photo
      Goya • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Joined the Cybersecurity boot camp back in May 2019. Having a full time job and personal responsibilities made the fast-paced course quite challenging. Having said that I found instructor, teacher assistant and Learner Success Manager extremely helpful to keep me focused on the course.

The course syllabus has covered the majority of 8 Cybersecurity domains. The part of the course that I enjoyed the most was penetration testing, home works with bonus questions, and hands-on labs.

In my opinion, cloud and wireless security was missing from the course; however, overall I am happy that I took the course.

Wednesday, Dec 18 2019
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Goya! We're aware of the dedication it takes to balance personal commitments with the course material, so we commend all your hard work.

It's great to know you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your feedback! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • Paul  User Photo
      Paul • Java Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Coding Boot Camp after finishing my undergraduate studies in Mathematics (statistics). By the time I graduated from this full-stack program, I have learned a lot regards for the full scope of web dev. I really like the instructor(Ed) that bring knowledge patient and passionate all the time. Also, the Ed 1-to-1 discussion make me feel that he actually caring his students. In the middle of the program, I started my full-time job (software deveopment related) and feel that under so much pressure. Great thanks to my instructor and Admin for helping me release the stress. Also, I am easily to get comfused while doing in-class exercise but finishing weekly assignments and group projects push me understanding the material better.

If I have to be picky, I would suggest there will be more assignmnet supports for group project to assure I am able to deliver the best. Another future suggestions is that I hope there will be more time for introducing tech/tools (popular in the trend nowadays). We did some angular, react, java (basic syntax but not spring MVC as backend) but I look forward to seeing those materials a bit more since I am really interested in using spring framwork. But that is just a minor critque.

At the very last I would like to thanks again for this program not only for what I have learned but also I had some precious friendship. The learning environment is positive and supportive. I would also recommend my friends for the coding boot camp if they want to learn web development from scratch.

Wednesday, Jul 17 2019
      Thank you for your review, Paul! We're happy you found your experience to be so valuable. We're truly passionate about helping learners every step of the way, so we're thrilled that you felt supported by our team. We are continually striving to provide a learning environment and curriculum that resonates with our learners' goals, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on completing the course! We wish you continued success in all you do.
    • James Jean-Jacques  User Photo
      James Jean-Jacques • Sr Consultant - Solution Architect • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am a senior IT professional with over 20 years of experience in enterprise environments.   One of the challenges that I faced was the trend of IT digital transformation, emerging and disruptive technologies.  As open source tools became more popular and innovative it provided the flexible platform on creating applications and services.  As a result, I needed to learn these various software tools.  My challenge is that I didn't want to take single courses for each software tool which would be incredibly time intensive.  I was really looking for the training that a boot camp environment would provide to allow me to simultaneously learn all these tools.  As I was doing my research I came across this program and once I reviewed the syllabus I realized that this is what I needed to give me what I wanted in order to excel my career in this new digital age.  I evaluated how the scheduling would impact my current lifestyle and found that the hours and commitment was manageable.  This is why I chose this boot camp.

I started this program in January 2019 and I was full of excitement! As I knew that once I acquired these skill sets, it would elevate my career. I quickly found that the program was quite intense.  In addition, the instructors were extremely knowledgeable.  My favourite part of this program is that everything we do is hands-on!  We don't learn just from theory but work on things as we go.  We did a lot of group projects that mimic real-life business cases, which made the program very relevant.  I really enjoyed the facilities and environment of the learning space that we were situated in as students.  It was very conducive to group learning--everyone was from diverse employment backgrounds, which made our skills really unique.

I truly recommend this program for any senior IT person like myself that are looking for a refresher, skill updates and those who are looking at data analytics.  This program provides you that one stop shop and the price is very fair!  My advice is to commit the time, attend every class, review the assignments as much as possible, and look for YouTube videos for additional learning on each topic, as this will help a lot!  If you put the time, your success would be unparalleled.

Friday, May 10 2019
      Thank you, James! We're glad the program is helping you advance your current skill set. It's great to hear you've found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and that you're enjoying the real-world group projects. We appreciate the advice you provided for prospective learners—you definitely have to commit extensive time and review each assignment. Continue studying hard, we look forward to you successfully completing the course!