Juno College of Technology
Founded in 2012 as HackerYou, Juno College of Technology offers full-time and part-time Web Development, Data Analytics, and UX Design courses both live online and on campus in Toronto, Canada. Juno College of Technology is ideal for Career Changers or Career Accelerators, and its bootcamp curriculums feature hands-on learning and portfolio-worthy projects. With an inclusive community, passionate industry experts, 1:1 career guidance, and flexible financing options such as Income Share Agreements, Juno is here to help students reach their goals. Juno College of Technology is also the school of choice for those underrepresented in tech looking to launch and grow their careers.
Prospective applicants will need to fill out a short online application indicating their learning goals. For the full-time Bootcamps, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, successfully pass a Tech Challenge, and participate in an interview with the Admissions Team.
Juno's Bootcamp curriculum features access to world-class Career Services, which include a dedicated career coach for each student and access to Juno's Hiring Partners. Students will learn non-technical skills such as job search tools and best practices, salary negotiation, effective cover letter and resume writing, personal branding, and more. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations.
Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.91
Recent Juno College of Technology News
- Scholarships We Love: The Career Booster Scholarship at Juno College
- September 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- May 2020 Coding Bootcamp News
- Algorithms, Data Analytics , Data Science, Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, R, SQL
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date May 09, 2022 Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location Toronto, OnlineData Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
Minimum Skill Level This beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 09, 2022 - OnlineMay 16, 2022 - Online
- Data Analytics , Data Science, Data Structures, Data Visualization, Excel, Python, SQL
OnlineFull Time32 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date May 30, 2022 Cost $12,995 Class size 40 Location Online, TorontoJuno’s Data Analytics Bootcamp will help you make a career change into data, fast. With a unique blend of hands-on practice, project-based learning, and inclusive community-oriented classrooms, this intensive Live Online Bootcamp gives you the tools and support you need to launch a fulfilling career in this booming industry. Within 12 full-time weeks, you’ll solidify your fundamental data analysis skills, build lasting relationships with our community, and work closely with our Career Services Team to land your first data job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans With Juno's Income Share Agreements, you can pay less upfront for your Bootcamp education, and only pay us back once you’re making at least $50,000 per year. Students approved for an ISA typically pay between $3,000 and $9,000 upfront. Scholarship Successful Data Analytics Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Data Analytics course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
Minimum Skill Level Applicants to our Data Analytics Bootcamp will be required to pass a tech challenge using SQL and data visualization with Tableau, so you’ll need some data analytics experience to be eligible for the program. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 30, 2022 - OnlineOctober 03, 2022 - Online
Minimum Skill Level Strong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 19, 2022 - OnlineMarch 28, 2022 - OnlineApril 26, 2022 - OnlineMay 09, 2022 - OnlineMay 25, 2022 - Online
Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location Toronto, OnlineOur UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
Minimum Skill Level This course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses. Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date March 21, 2022 Cost $2,000 Class size N/A Location Toronto, OnlineOur Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
Deposit N/A Scholarship Needs-Based Scholarship
Minimum Skill Level This course is designed for beginners. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 21, 2022 - OnlineApril 18, 2022 - OnlineApril 26, 2022 - OnlineMay 29, 2022 - Online
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans With Juno's Income Share Agreements, you can pay less upfront for your Bootcamp education, and only pay us back once you’re making at least $50,000 per year. Students approved for an ISA typically pay between $3,000 and $9,000 upfront. Scholarship Successful Web Development Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
Minimum Skill Level Applicants to our Web Development Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesJanuary 11, 2022 - OnlineFebruary 28, 2022 - OnlineApril 18, 2022 - OnlineMay 30, 2022 - OnlineAugust 08, 2022 - OnlineSeptember 26, 2022 - OnlineNovember 07, 2022 - Online
Juno College of Technology Reviews
228 reviews sorted by:
- Junior Web Developer- 3/8/2022James • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Great intro to data analytics !- 12/15/2020Ashley • Operations Manager • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis was my first Juno experience. I was very eager to learn the fundamentals of data science and storytelling, right as the course was set to begin covid hit and we moved to online learning. I think I could have benefitted from learning in class however the professor was very good at answering questions and providing question and answer sessions before class. I thoroughly enjoyed this course, I do think I could have benefitted from taking a coding class or learning coding fundamentals before this course there was a bit of programming I had never experienced before. The data analysis and storytelling were for sure my favorite part as well as the presentations and learning and seeing other people's presentations. Would definitely recommend this course!
- Winnie Ku • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI would recommend Juno College for it's web development immersive bootcamp, and for the career support that you receive post-bootcamp. The instructors are knowledgeable, personable, and approachable, and I truly believe that anyone can go into the Web Dev 101 workshop not knowing a thing about coding, and come out of bootcamp with enough knowledge to land a job as an entry-level developer.
Beyond bootcamp, the support of the Career Services team has meant the world. Job hunting is a daunting process, especially during a pandemic, and the Career Services team has really helped keep me on task and motivated throughout. Whether it's resume help, interview practice, or just being there for an ear to vent frustrations to....the team have been amazing.
- Great course, great school, great instructors- 9/21/2020Hayley Elsaesser • Designer • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI took the Web Dev course at Juno. At first I was nervous, as I was learning a brand new skill and I was intimidated by the field. But, everyone I dealt with at Juno made it not only something that was extremely approachable and worked with my learning style, everyone from Juno was so kind and fun to work with. Highly recommend. Amazing course.
- Juno helped me make a career change and get hired as a front-end developer during the COVID-19 pandemic!- 7/31/2020Lucas Silbernagel • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInLong story short: Juno helped me make a career change and get hired as a front-end developer during the COVID-19 pandemic!
In university I studied anthropology and French. I planned to work in academia, but after completing a Master's degree in anthropology I realized that this was not a viable option due to the overly competitive job market and the increasing trend of hiring contract faculty instead of full-time positions. I worked briefly in a sales role at a tech company in Toronto, and then for over 3 years in a customer service role at a call centre.
While working at the call centre, I enrolled in the part-time introduction to web development course at Juno College in October 2019. I had dabbled in building websites in the past, and I wanted to see if a career change into web development was the right move for me. I chose Juno because of the great reviews online, as well as for financial reasons: if I enrolled in the 9-week bootcamp, the cost of the web development course would be deducted from my bootcamp tuition. At the time, Juno was also the only bootcamp that offered the option of an Income Sharing Agreement, i.e. having the cost of the bootcamp deducted as a percentage of your pay when you are hired as a developer.
-The course materials are cutting-edge, easy to understand, and constantly being updated. As a Juno graduate, you have access to the course materials for life, even as they continue to be updated!
-The instructors are all fantastic. Experienced, knowledgeable, patient, funny, understanding, friendly, engaging, and passionate are the main adjectives that come to mind.
-The Career Services team really knows what they are doing. During and after bootcamp, they provide tips and guidance on how to get your first job as a developer. This process is very thorough, and I was really impressed by how they hold your hand through becoming part of the tech community, building a personal brand, and successfully marketing yourself to stand out to employers. Similar to the course materials, they are always looking for ways to improve and give their graduates an edge in the job market.
-The community of students, alumni, instructors, and Juno staff is super friendly, welcoming, inclusive, and all-around great. I made so many new friends!
Three weeks into my bootcamp, COVID-19 struck and all Ontario schools closed. Initially Juno proposed that we immediately continue classes remotely, but there was backlash from many of my classmates who had concerns about the quality of a remote bootcamp and their ability to take part from home. Juno listened to this feedback and decided to pause bootcamp for three weeks, hoping that the crisis would blow over by then. Unfortunately the pandemic situation worsened, but over the three week break Juno prepared a seamless transition to remote learning, and have since made significant accommodations to do right by their students. The three weeks also gave us as students more time to prepare for the new reality. This is just one example of how accommodating Juno is, how they can nimbly make changes and improvements when necessary, and how they always put their students first!
My last day of bootcamp was May 15th 2020, and in July of 2020 I was hired as a Front-End Developer at Greenpeace Canada! It speaks volumes that Juno College was able to help me achieve this even during a pandemic, and I am forever grateful. I look forward to taking more courses at Juno as I continue to level up my skills :)
- Not a code newbie anymore- 6/9/2020Vanessa • Student • Course: Web Development • Campus: Toronto • Verified via GitHubI just completed Juno's 2 week Accel Web development course and as challenging as it was for a code newbie, it has been extremely rewarding. The environment online was extremely inclusive and I felt welcomed from day 1 of the program. The instructors laid a great foundation and despite having zero knowledge of coding it did not hinder me.
2 weeks ago I was learning about the internet and basic HTML and now I can somewhat successfully create a responsive web page! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to do something so "techy". Every master was once a beginner and I had an amazing experience at Juno College. I look forward to taking another course with them.
- Amazing experience (but a lot of hard work!)- 3/15/2020Negin Sauermann • Front-end developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI took the Web Development Immersive bootcamp for cohort Fall 2019. I graduated end of December and landed a job as a front-end developer early February. But it wasn't easy and the job hunt was arguably the hardest and most demoralizing aspect of the experience. I worked my BUTT off during the bootcamp but the job search was still rough. The junior dev market is saturated and the competition is nuts. However, the instructors, faculty and alumni were so supportive and helped prepare and push me for that grueling job search. I don't think I would've gotten a job if it weren't for them. Special shoutouts to:
Chi-Chi who was so supportive in both helping me fix my terrible and very long cover letters, practice interviewing and gaining the confidence I needed, and was also there for me when I just needed to vent.
Asaf and Simon were amazing instructors and made every class engaging and full of laughter. Suzette is the sweetest and the way she teaches is so easy to follow. There was never I time I felt too scared to ask a question. I felt like every instructor that taught me genuinely loved teaching and that made those long days (hello React) so much easier. I could go on about the rest of the faculty but I truly think the community Heather is fostering at Juno is amazing and so genuine.
- Highly recommend it!- 8/14/2019Alexandra Lim • Student • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Toronto • Verified via GitHub
I've found the instructors and mentors to be very helpful and informative, and the course material presented in a very fun and engaging manner. The HY community itself is very inclusive and supportive. They have a great alumni network and it's exciting to see that alumni want to come back to support students by mentoring and volunteering their time.
I cannot recommend HackerYou enough!
- Nine life-changing weeks- 8/14/2019Claire Valant • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Fresh out of university with a physics degree, I went back to work at Home Depot for over two years. Without a Masters or a PhD, it would've been tough finding a job that interested me. I hated the thought of going back to school for years, needing to take electives I didn't want to take, worrying about my average, and buying more textbooks.
HackerYou was the solution I needed. I took the part-time web development fundamentals course, which fit my retail store schedule, and then quit my job when I got into the bootcamp. Just a month and a half out of bootcamp I got a fantastic job as a web developer.
I loved that there was no massive lecture hall, no old professor teaching an outdated curriculum, and no competitive atmosphere. This school is welcoming and fun, something I didn't think could help me learn as much as I did. The instructors and mentors are top notch: they are as committed to every student's learning are they are their well-being. They will push you to do your best, but make sure you're taking care of yourself.
I also made amazing friends and invaluable connections all over the tech scene in Toronto from HackerYou's extensive network of alumni (who remain heavily involved in the HackerYou community - that says something).
My team at work is 100% HackerYou graduates and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I literally owe my career to this school, and highly recommend even trying out a free workshop just to see what it's like!!
- Life Changing- Can't recommend enough!- 8/12/2019Annie Liew • Front-End Developer | Multidisciplinary Designer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I started with a promising career; working as a Multidisciplinary Web & Graphic Designer in Australia and England for solid companies. But the travel bug got the better of me and I then spent 6 years in Japan teaching English. When I moved to Canada and tried to jump back into design, the fact that I was brand new in the city and had been out of the industry for so long, made getting work a Herculean task. After some soul searching, I knew I needed to skill up. I spent no small amount of time looking into further education options.
Although I’d initially wanted to move into UX design, the positive reviews on community and support at HackerYou won me over. I wanted a course that got you a job and after attending info nights and free workshops all over the city, I found HackerYou extremely welcoming and personable. The large number of women made it very inclusive and I also appreciated that they had a process in place that didn’t just accept EVERYONE. I believe environment plays a huge part in success and in that respect, anyone I studied with would be passionate and committed. The common thread after speaking to numerous alumni was, “Do it. You won’t regret it.”
It wasn’t an easy decision… huge financial commitment! But when I finally bit the bullet for the Part-Time Web Dev course, my instructor, (former HY grad & instructor, now Shopify superstar, Sylvia Nguyen) made it so much fun that I fell in love with something I once saw as a necessary evil part of the job. I’m not completely new to coding as my work in web saw me designing & building websites for clients, but I have absolutely no regrets taking Web Dev Fundamentals as well as Advanced. I upgraded my outdated knowledge and learnt current industry best practices that made me excited about the future of code.
I applied for the Immersive course, not really thinking I’d get in because it was sooo competitive. Then I got the call that I was accepted! Honestly, I wouldn’t have passed the tech challenge had I not taken Part-Time before. Doing part-time also gave me confidence in the teaching style, curriculum and quality of instructors.
Attending this school was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. HackerYou gave me more than just my first job in tech as a developer. I also gained a family, a community and a future that I’m really excited about!