truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

Akron, Albuquerque, Alpharetta, Ann Arbor, Appleton, Arlington, Asheville, Athens, Atlanta, Auburn, Auburn, Augusta, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Bend, Billings, Birmingham, Boca Raton, Boston, Boulder, Branson, Bridgetown, Brooklyn, Cedar Rapids, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Fresno, Gainesville, Grand Rapids, Greensboro, Greenville, Halifax, Hamilton, Hartford, Houston, Huntington, Huntsville, Indianapolis, Iowa City, Iowa City, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Kennesaw, Las Vegas, Lexington, Long Island, Los Angeles, Louisville, Lynchburg, Madison, Madison, Memphis, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Mobile, Nashua, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Omaha, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Portsmouth, Provo, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Savannah, Scottsdale, Seattle, Shreveport, Silicon Valley, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a software development bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week course or a part-time 6-month evening course both live online and at its campus in Hoover, Alabama. Both courses cover C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET MVC framework, relational databases like SQL, webkit based debuggers VPN, RDP and a basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on Git. TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community.

TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call. If accepted, students are required to learn onsite at their Birmingham or Auburn campuses.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepare their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). TrueCoders actively fosters community and friendship with weekly social activities in and out of the classroom such as soccer matches or laser tag. After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (57) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

• Software Engineering Remote Full-Time Day

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, SQL
    Start Date June 15, 2020
    LocationBirmingham
    Over 9 weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build software & web applications with C#, .NET, the ASP.NET MVC framework, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, relational databases like SQL, WebKit based debuggers VPN, RDP and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of drive and a passion for building awesome projects to make it to the end! After the 9 week course, you will begin the 6-month job placement course where we work with you nonstop to get you placed in a full-time software development position.
    DepositFirst-month deposit of $299
    Financing available via SkillsFund & Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansThe only plan we do is a 12 month $299 a month option. Zero credit based
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills
    Prep WorkWe assign prep work to each student before joining
    June 15, 2020 - Birmingham Apply by June 1, 2020
  • Software Engineering Remote Part-Time Night

Start Date August 3, 2020
    LocationBirmingham
    Over 6 months, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build software & web applications with C#, .NET, the ASP.NET MVC framework, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, relational databases like SQL, WebKit based debuggers VPN, RDP and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of drive and a passion for building awesome projects to make it to the end. After the 9 week course, you will begin the 6-month job placement course where we work with you nonstop to get you placed in a full-time software development position.
    DepositFirst-month deposit of $299
    Financing available via SkillsFund & Climb Credit
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills
    Prep WorkWe assign prep work to each student before joining
    August 3, 2020 - Birmingham Apply by July 20, 2020
  • Evan Kreider  User Photo
    Evan Kreider • Software Testing/Development • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Heard about TrueCoders from a fellow retail worker when I was looking at IT positions. Had tried learning to code on my own before but nothing stuck. At TrueCoders, they took the time to explain things in a way to help you understand what you're doing. With a healthy mix of in class projects, one on one time, encouraging self improvement, and job placement assistance, you will find yourself in a world you never though was possible beforehand. They will give you the tools and insight to find your place in a new career.
  • Ross B.  User Photo
    Ross B. • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've learned a lot at TrueCoders. The teacher explained material very well, and if he didn't know the answer he would find out then get back to us. He also pushed us to learn on our own. The course got me back to what I love to do! Now to find a job!
  • Juody Bun  User Photo
    Juody Bun • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated a few weeks ago from the first TrueCoders class of the Huntsville location. It was refreshing to be surrounded by like-minded individuals who were passionate about technology and coding. From day one, I knew my future success was a priority. The curriculum was adapted to meet the demands of current technologies utilized in the industry. Job assistance workshops on a weekly basis and opportunities for extended learning for specific topics when available are offered to both current and former students.

While the extensive content in the course provided the building blocks of knowledge I needed to enter a career with confidence, it was my instructor Cruz who provided the greatest example for achievement. He is a hard-working individual who deeply cares about each of his students. His devotion and encouraging attitude helped me push through the hardest parts of the course. He has even assisted me after the course to ensure that my job searching is going well. As I continue to interview, I remain confident that I will secure a position soon as a software developer. TrueCoders taught me to view everything as a life lesson and I recommend the program to anyone who seeks an exciting career in the coding industry.
  • TrueCoders Reiew
    Andrew McMahon  User Photo
    Andrew McMahon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The team at TrueCoders definitely cares about your success and will put in time to help you learn baseline coding principles and skills to find a job. The in-person aspect of the class is definitely desirable, as almost all real-world programming jobs will involve a team-oriented setting, and in addition you get grouped with other ambitious and intelligent young developers from whom you can learn. I highly recommend considering TrueCoders if you are looking to get your foot in the door in the programming world.
  • Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    TrueCoders is amazing bootcamp, it got me back into programming like I wanted to. Cruz is honestly one of my favorite teachers I've ever had, he puts his all into teaching you the material. He goes above and beyond what I expected going into this class. I'm very happy I met him and took this class.
  • Great Teaching
    Michael Cerase  User Photo
    Michael Cerase • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I loved my time at TrueCoders, it offered a great structure to learn new programming techniques as well as a teamwork environment to learn professionally. Now we are moving on to really hitting the job assistance and I look forward to kickstarting my career!
  • Forrest  User Photo
    Forrest • Opportunity Seeker • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Starting the program I was hesitant about how much I would actually be able to learn in an 8 week period. On my first day I didn't even know how to write a "Hello World" statement, but at the end of the program I was completing projects I never thought I would be able to.
  • TrueCoders Review
    John  User Photo
    John • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    TrueCoders is a very unique coding program which not only teaches programming but also HOW to get a job in the industry. And unlike many other coding bootcamps you are not only able but encouraged to continue to work with all the staff to help get you a job. The only thing that could be improved is if the 9 week class was split up into 2 levels like a slower pace and faster pace track.
  • Amazing Program
    Jack F  User Photo
    Jack F • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a student with basically no coding background at all, this course was incredible. The instructor explained abstract concepts in a clear way and emphasized pragmatic learning. I was thoroughly impressed with my progress.
  • Kyle  User Photo
    Kyle • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was tired of working myself into the ground just to make ends meet. I always had an interest in tech but erroneously believed that every job required a bachelor's degree. I tried to learn on my own but always seemingly got sidetracked.

When I heard about TrueCoders I was very skeptical. At the time there were a lot of dark truths coming to light about the shady business practices of coding bootcamps. I set up a meeting with the school owner and the day I went to meet him I also met the person who would eventually become my instructor.

The program on paper seemed too good to be true but, being a third shift security guard at the time, I felt like I didn't have much to lose.

Everything I had been privately studying we had surpassed in the first week. It was so intense that there were nights I'd only sleep a few hours just to make sure I got my assignments done. The immersion really forced me to change the way I thought to thinking more programatically.

My instructor, possibly the best teacher I've ever had somehow taught me to teach myself which is an invaluable skill in this field.

By the end of the program I was having fun writing  my final project , a roguelike dungeon crawl, in Python.

Within a month I was hired by a staffing agency to go work at bbva. I suddenly had a job where people treated you as an adult. My pay had doubled. Continuing to learn on the job was invaluable.

I literally would have never had this opportunity if I hadn't given TrueCoders an opportunity.

Thank you Daniel and Chip!
  • TrueCoders
    - 11/7/2019
    Jackson Griggs  User Photo
    Jackson Griggs • Graduate Verified via GitHub

TrueCoders is a technical school where I learned the basics of coding in less than 10 weeks, friendly enviroment, would 100% recommend for anyone trying to get into the Software Development Industry.

- 11/7/2019
    Nicholas Pickett  User Photo
    Nicholas Pickett • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

True Coders was a very great experience. Very interactive and informative. I would definitely reccommend for anyone who is looking to get into the software developing field.