truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

Akron, Albuquerque, Alpharetta, Ann Arbor, Appleton, Arlington, Asheville, Athens, Atlanta, Auburn, Auburn, Augusta, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Bend, Billings, Birmingham, Boca Raton, Boston, Boulder, Branson, Bridgetown, Brooklyn, Cedar Rapids, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Fresno, Gainesville, Grand Rapids, Greensboro, Greenville, Halifax, Hamilton, Hartford, Houston, Huntington, Huntsville, Indianapolis, Iowa City, Iowa City, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Kennesaw, Las Vegas, Lexington, Long Island, Los Angeles, Louisville, Lynchburg, Madison, Madison, Memphis, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Mobile, Nashua, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Omaha, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Portsmouth, Provo, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Savannah, Scottsdale, Seattle, Shreveport, Silicon Valley, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a software development bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week course or a part-time 6-month evening course both live online and at its campus in Hoover, Alabama. Both courses cover C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET MVC framework, relational databases like SQL, webkit based debuggers VPN, RDP and a basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on Git. TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community.

TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepare their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). TrueCoders actively fosters community and friendship with weekly social activities in and out of the classroom such as soccer matches or laser tag. After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (63) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

• Software Engineering Remote Full-Time Day

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, SQL
    LocationBirmingham, Online
    Over 9 weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build software & web applications with C#, .NET, the ASP.NET MVC framework, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, relational databases like SQL, WebKit based debuggers VPN, RDP and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of drive and a passion for building awesome projects to make it to the end! After the 9 week course, you will begin the 6-month job placement course where we work with you nonstop to get you placed in a full-time software development position.
    DepositFirst-month deposit of $299
    Financing available via SkillsFund & Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansThe only plan we do is a 12 month $299 a month option. Zero credit based
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills
    Prep WorkWe assign prep work to each student before joining
  • Software Engineering Remote Part-Time Night

LocationBirmingham, Online
    Over 6 months, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build software & web applications with C#, .NET, the ASP.NET MVC framework, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, relational databases like SQL, WebKit based debuggers VPN, RDP and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of drive and a passion for building awesome projects to make it to the end. After the 9 week course, you will begin the 6-month job placement course where we work with you nonstop to get you placed in a full-time software development position.
    DepositFirst-month deposit of $299
    Financing available via SkillsFund & Climb Credit
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills
    Prep WorkWe assign prep work to each student before joining
  • Brett A.  User Photo
    Brett A. • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I decided to transition into a software development career, two things were vital to me. One, I needed to get up and working again quickly, so I needed a program that was concise and relatively brief. Two, I needed persistent live instruction to help me overcome my ADHD brain's tendency to wander. Enter TrueCoders.

TrueCoders' premise is to get its students prepared enough to enter the software developer market in its 9-week timeframe. It's ambitious as hell, in my opinion, and the approach works. Completing the recommended pre-coursework helped tremendously in teaching me to think like a programmer before class started. I still spent roughly half the course feeling out of my depth. As a former educator myself, I can tell you that this feeling is completely normal when you're learning completely new skills, especially language and logic skills that hold their own unfamiliar rules.

Two aspects of TrueCoders' program really stood out for me. The first is how they pivoted so readily from classroom instruction to a 100% online platform, complete with live instruction via Google Meet during regular classroom hours. These guys took the COVID quarantine protocols in stride for their students. Second, we students got access to a wealth of online content that's custom-created for our class group (or Mark). Michael, our instructor, posted lecture notes for every discussion, recorded video of most every lecture, and assigned quizzes to hone our knowledge base daily. The best evolution of this online content came through in how our coding exercises progressed. What began as following comment lines in some source code--a great challenge for someone brand new to coding--morphed into step-by-step instructions in Google Docs. Michael's inclusion of screenshots and samples of the intended code made it much easier to follow along in an exercise, which built self-confidence when I managed to debug my code as I went along.

TrueCoders' other strong killer feature lies in its high job placement rate--over 80%. In past classes, I believe that recruiters came to the classroom on multiple occasions to discuss job opportunities and encourage new developers in the job search. COVID impacted that, as well, as we didn't get to meet any recruiters during our class time. However, we did participate in several job placement sessions that helped us rebuild our new programmer resumes, apply for jobs, update our LinkedIn profiles, and drill real-life interview questions that programmers will face. Even though our class is finished, these job placement resources will continue as long as I need them. I'll even be attending the job placement workshops that TrueCoders offers twice a week to its students.

Overall, TrueCoders has been a valuable experience for me. I've gained new programming skills more quickly and with greater focus than I could have by seeking out this content on my own. I think that it's been a worthwhile investment in my career change so far, and I feel confident that it'll pay off in my near future with a new programming job.
  • Michael Newman  User Photo
    Michael Newman • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Attending the TrueCoders boot camp was one of the best things I've ever done.  Michael went above and beyond while teaching, and the job placement training I received was top notch.
  • S Carson  User Photo
    S Carson • Dispatcher/Scheduler • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This class is truly for someone who has some type of IT background or programming experience. It is not for a beginner. The course and materials were very inclusive and trending. The Instructors were supportive to a point.  It was a fast paced program that covered C# programming, .Net, SQL, HTML, CSS,  some bootstrap, Git and GitHub. There were several class projects and a final individual project to the student to show what he or she has learned. The class overall was fun, challenging and rewarding. To help prepare you for employment, the class included Technical interview assistance, Resume writing support, Head shots for social media presentation, and Technical Recruiter Q&A sessions.
  • Evan Kreider  User Photo
    Evan Kreider • Software Testing/Development • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Heard about TrueCoders from a fellow retail worker when I was looking at IT positions. Had tried learning to code on my own before but nothing stuck. At TrueCoders, they took the time to explain things in a way to help you understand what you're doing. With a healthy mix of in class projects, one on one time, encouraging self improvement, and job placement assistance, you will find yourself in a world you never though was possible beforehand. They will give you the tools and insight to find your place in a new career.
  • Ross B.  User Photo
    Ross B. • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've learned a lot at TrueCoders. The teacher explained material very well, and if he didn't know the answer he would find out then get back to us. He also pushed us to learn on our own. The course got me back to what I love to do! Now to find a job!
  • Juody Bun  User Photo
    Juody Bun • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated a few weeks ago from the first TrueCoders class of the Huntsville location. It was refreshing to be surrounded by like-minded individuals who were passionate about technology and coding. From day one, I knew my future success was a priority. The curriculum was adapted to meet the demands of current technologies utilized in the industry. Job assistance workshops on a weekly basis and opportunities for extended learning for specific topics when available are offered to both current and former students.

While the extensive content in the course provided the building blocks of knowledge I needed to enter a career with confidence, it was my instructor Cruz who provided the greatest example for achievement. He is a hard-working individual who deeply cares about each of his students. His devotion and encouraging attitude helped me push through the hardest parts of the course. He has even assisted me after the course to ensure that my job searching is going well. As I continue to interview, I remain confident that I will secure a position soon as a software developer. TrueCoders taught me to view everything as a life lesson and I recommend the program to anyone who seeks an exciting career in the coding industry.
  • TrueCoders Reiew
    Andrew McMahon  User Photo
    Andrew McMahon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The team at TrueCoders definitely cares about your success and will put in time to help you learn baseline coding principles and skills to find a job. The in-person aspect of the class is definitely desirable, as almost all real-world programming jobs will involve a team-oriented setting, and in addition you get grouped with other ambitious and intelligent young developers from whom you can learn. I highly recommend considering TrueCoders if you are looking to get your foot in the door in the programming world.
  • Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    TrueCoders is amazing bootcamp, it got me back into programming like I wanted to. Cruz is honestly one of my favorite teachers I've ever had, he puts his all into teaching you the material. He goes above and beyond what I expected going into this class. I'm very happy I met him and took this class.
  • Great Teaching
    Michael Cerase  User Photo
    Michael Cerase • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I loved my time at TrueCoders, it offered a great structure to learn new programming techniques as well as a teamwork environment to learn professionally. Now we are moving on to really hitting the job assistance and I look forward to kickstarting my career!
  • Forrest  User Photo
    Forrest • Opportunity Seeker • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Starting the program I was hesitant about how much I would actually be able to learn in an 8 week period. On my first day I didn't even know how to write a "Hello World" statement, but at the end of the program I was completing projects I never thought I would be able to.
  • TrueCoders Review
    John  User Photo
    John • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    TrueCoders is a very unique coding program which not only teaches programming but also HOW to get a job in the industry. And unlike many other coding bootcamps you are not only able but encouraged to continue to work with all the staff to help get you a job. The only thing that could be improved is if the 9 week class was split up into 2 levels like a slower pace and faster pace track.
  • Amazing Program
    Jack F  User Photo
    Jack F • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a student with basically no coding background at all, this course was incredible. The instructor explained abstract concepts in a clear way and emphasized pragmatic learning. I was thoroughly impressed with my progress.