truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a full-stack software development Bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week schedule or a self-paced schedule. The full-time 9-week schedule is a live online course, while the self-paced version allows students the ability to take the course when it is convenient for them. The self-paced schedule is a great option for students who need to retain their full-time jobs but still want a career change. Students of either schedule have the ability to receive unlimited one-on-one support from instructors and career services.

TrueCoders offers 2 different courses: Full-Stack Software Engineering and Full-Stack Web Development. The software engineering course covers C#, .NET Core, the ASP.NET MVC framework, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, relational databases like SQL, WebKit-based debuggers, and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. The web development course covers, Node.JS, Express.JS, React.JS, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, relational databases like SQL, hosting web applications using Heroku and GitHub pages, FlexBox design, and Webpack bundling. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on git CLI and GitHub in either class.

TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community. TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepares their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (138) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

Read all (7) articles about TrueCoders →
  • Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course

Start Date February 07, 2022
    The Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you live-online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both courses cover Git and Github, C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET Core MVC framework, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. TrueCoders aims to provide new developers with the tools needed to launch their careers in Software Engineering! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    DepositNo deposit needed
    Tuition PlansWe offer a discounted upfront payment of $4,500, a deferred education loan through Ascent with a 5 - 7 month grace period before you start paying, and an ISA option where you pay nothing until you are hired in a job making over $30,000.
    Refund / GuaranteeReceive a full refund (minus a small processing fee) if you are not satisfied within the first 2 weeks of the course
    ScholarshipNo Scholarships Currently Available
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills, prior self-learning is a plus but not a requirement.
    Prep WorkWe have a prep class that students may join every Friday leading up to their course start date, once they enroll.
    February 07, 2022 - Online
  • Full-Stack Software Engineering FLEX Course

The Full-Stack Web Development FLEX Course offers a self-paced course that's brought to you online. The Flex Course is designed for students who want to take the course at their own speed with the support of comprehensive video content and 1 on 1 Instructor availability. Students can schedule as many of these appointments as they like. What the Flex Course contains: - The curriculum comes fully loaded with Lecture Documentation, Lecture Videos, Exercises, Exercise Videos, Quizzes, Quiz Recap Videos and Real World Based Projects. - 2 weekly labs sessions: A Friday Day Lab and a Friday Night Lab to accommodate for any schedule. - the TrueCoders Community Discord Server, where instructors and students interact with projects and exercises they are working on (as well as meetup and have fun) - Curriculum Coverage: Git and Github, C#, .NET Framework, Javascript, HTML, CSS, SQL. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    ScholarshipNo scholarships current available
    Prep WorkWe have a prep class every Friday leading up to the class start date that you may join, once you enroll.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Day Course

Start Date March 14, 2022
    The Full-Stack Web Development Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both the Day and Night course cover Git and Github, Javascript, React, HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    ScholarshipNo scholarships currently available
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Skills, prior self-learning is a plus but is not a requirement
    March 14, 2022 - Online
    May 23, 2022 - Online
  • Full-Stack Web Development FLEX Course

The Full-Stack Web Development FLEX Course offers a self-paced course that's brought to you online. The Flex Course is designed for students who want to take the course at their own speed with the support of comprehensive video content and 1 on 1 Instructor availability. Students can schedule as many of these appointments as they like. What the Flex Course contains: - The curriculum comes fully loaded with Lecture Documentation, Lecture Videos, Exercises, Exercise Videos, Quizzes, Quiz Recap Videos and Real World Based Projects. - 2 weekly labs sessions: A Friday Day Lab and a Friday Night Lab to accommodate for any schedule. - the TrueCoders Community Discord Server, where instructors and students interact with projects and exercises they are working on (as well as meetup and have fun) - Curriculum Coverage: Git and Github, React, Node.js, Express, Javascript, HTML, CSS, SQL. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    ScholarshipNo scholarships currently available
  • Amanda Gawlowicz  User Photo
    Amanda Gawlowicz • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've tried multiple online platforms for learning code and could never stick with it. Having the commitment of being in a class and having the support of the instructors and TAs helped me to finish the course and gain proficiency in multiple languages without feeling particularly stuck at any point (except with debugging, but that's expected haha).
  • Emelia Jarnot  User Photo
    Emelia Jarnot • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    As someone who has never done any sort of programming before this course, I can't recommend TrueCoders highly enough. You start from the very beginning alongside everyone, no matter your prior skillset. This was one of the things that initially drew me in to TrueCoders over the other courses I was looking at. The other things that drew me in were: The cost of the course, the amount of time the course takes, the career services, the size of the program, and the amount of hours required in a week.

TrueCoders costs at least $4,000 less than the other programs I had been considering. They also offer many different kinds of financing options, which was so helpful for me! It made me feel more confident in my ability to take this full time course and spend my time only doing the course and not working.

The full time courses for TrueCoders are 9 weeks long, which was the shortest amount I had seen among other courses. That definitely drew me in, because I knew it could launch me into a new career that much sooner than somewhere else. And on that note, I am so grateful for the career services department at TrueCoders! Right away on week one you get a lecture with Denise, the head of their career services. Then each week after that there is a set aside time for a lecture with her. You can also easily schedule one on one time with her as much as you want and need and I suggest you do!

My Web Development class size was about 12 people, which made for a lot more personalized feel. Our instructor knew each of us well and was able to take time to answer our questions without it feeling like we were interrupting the lecture.

I also really love TrueCoders because of their availability to do one on ones after class hours. I really utilized those and often had more than one meeting a week! If you have a big question that you don't understand and feel like the class is moving to quickly for you, take time to schedule a meeting with your instructor. It helped me fully understand what we were learning on multiple occasions, when I had been stuck in class.

Finally, one of the top things that made me choose TrueCoders was the time it took out of my week. Class is 6 hours each day with an hour break in the middle and you are expected to study outside of class at least a couple hours on top of that. Compared to the other full time courses I was considering, this was exactly the sweet spot for me. I knew I wouldn't be able to commit more than 50 hours a week total to the course because of my own personal disabilities. Having a course say they expect about 40 hours out of you a week really helped me feel comfortable with the work load. When in the course, I never did spend more than 50 hours a week studying, and I feel that was enough for me to understand the concepts and sit and work through the problems that I needed to study.

I have loved my time at TrueCoders! I would say my only critique is the way the curriculum is set up for the full time web development course. Because it is a 9 week course, it feels like I have become a jack of all trades and can dabble in so many things, without really delving into one for a long time. We often spent only a couple days on concepts that have an expansive amount of information out there. For me, that was really rough and I do wish that we had spent more than two days on certain subjects. I think that the course would benefit from extending some of their subject matter to help us really get a grasp on certain things and get more practice in. I know that the amount of time this course is definitely drew me in, but I think extending the course to go 3 months in order to really focus more in depth on certain concepts would be helpful for our confidence in moving forward.

That being said, overall I couldn't recommend TrueCoders enough! It's an amazing course and feels so personalized. I am at home with both my fellow students in the class and with our instructor. I know that taking this course has changed my life and I can't wait to move forward with my new knowledge!
  • Jessica Edmonds  User Photo
    Jessica Edmonds • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A fantastic company with lots of support and a great curriculum. You will learn so much in only 9 weeks! The teachers are always willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that you are successful. There are lots of opportunities for questions during and after class, one on one appointments, and labs. There is even someone available to answer questions on the weekend! The career services is excellent and provides lots of assistance on preparing your resume, LinkedIn and with mock interviews. This is a great place to start your software engineer career!

• Hannah Willis  User Photo
    Hannah Willis • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I enrolled in this program because I wanted a career change. I am so glad I did and it will be a great investment for my future. The support from the Instructor, TAs, and HR is awesome. They also offer 1 on 1 tutoring sessions which I utilized frequently. The instructors and TAs took their time to help explain the concepts when I got stuck. The virtual learning via zoom was new to me but I like the convenience of being able to learn this new skill from home. The career services department is also a wonder asset to the program. Denise will help you with mock interviews, formatting your functional resume, and how to use LinkedIn for job searching. You will not be disappointed. Like Nike slogan states, Just Do It!!!
  • Morgan Fulbright  User Photo
    Morgan Fulbright • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Fantastic course! I just finished the course, and I feel they have adequately prepared me to enter the software development field. I was always able to ask for help, and somebody was always willing to help me with whatever issues I had. They also provide assistance with Job searching by getting you prepared for what interviewers will throw your way. I do not regret enrolling in TrueCoders, and neither will you!!
  • Overall Experience:
    An amazing company, with a lot of resources and support for you to learn either full time or self-paced. I have recommended a good handful of people to the program, not one person has been disappointed in the choice. TrueCoders provides real-world challenges to make the transition into a position in the programming field smooth and effortless.
  • Olumide Azeez Afolabi  User Photo
    Olumide Azeez Afolabi • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I enrolled into this program because I wanted to make a career change. I 've had a great learning experience, developed new skills that would open doors to new position in software development. The instructors are very knowledgeable and very helpful. You can come to them for help before and after class, because they care about the student progress. As at this time of review, I have not gotten into seeking assistance in job placement, but it is a great place to make you succeed in your career and job search.
    I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to get into web development and programming skills.
  • Keith Petryshyn  User Photo
    Keith Petryshyn • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall I had a great experience with this program. My instructor was very patient and always went out o his way to give one on one help whenever it was needed. That is a huge plus because it allows you to ask very specific questions and achieve clarity on topics that may confuse you. I began the course with no knowledge of coding at all. Now I have a great foundation to begin seeking jobs with. The employment support was top notch as well. I was shown so many useful ways to widen my search and then narrow in on jobs specific to what I wanted. There was always support for the job search and lots of updates on positions when they became available.  I would recommend this bootcamp to anyone trying to get into web development or someone who has a basic foundation of coding and is looking to see how they can build upon their current knowledge and skills to apply them to bigger projects and then job opportunities.
  • Tanner Voss  User Photo
    Tanner Voss • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Whether you are looking for a jumping off point to start a career in coding or a stepping stone to further your understanding and skill in the world of coding, TrueCoders has an effective curriculum with skilled instructors who are committed to helping you learn. As with anything, you get out of this course what you put into it. Projects are designed to put coursework into your hands to further your understanding following lectures. The career assistance they provide is absolutely incredible, you will feel way more prepared to go out and find work when the time comes and will have the skills to be a much better candidate for any job you look for in the future.
  • Justin Long  User Photo
    Justin Long • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Great boot camp! Its a 9 week project based course. My instructor Jeremy was always there for us 1 on 1 and really took the time to break topics down so we could all understand. This course will provide you with everything to get a job in the tech industry. C# is the main language (Software Engineering Course, but they also have a web development course) but you also learn about SQL for databases, GitHub for version control and even some HTML,  JS and CSS. This course is set up in a way that after every topic, you use the skills you learned in prior lessons to complete new lessons moving forward. I cant forget to add they even help you with getting a job through the career services department. Mock interviews, resume building, how to use social media effectively. Its a growing family and so many people are getting jobs and helping each other get in the door. You will not be disappointed.
  • Daniel  User Photo
    Daniel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I cannot express how happy I am to have gone through True Coders. I originally had worked with C# on and off for more than a year so I had a little bit of knowledge when I joined. However, it was very clear that the course was designed for even those who have never wrote a line of code before. Despite this, I still found myself learning valuable information in the first week.

The atmosphere is great. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and the focus remains on getting you a job throughout the entirety of the course. You will have assistance along the way from your fellow peers and from the True Coders staff. If you are looking to get started in the industry I would 100% recommend this course. In fact, I actively recommend the course to friends/family who are looking for a new career.