tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full-time, 14-week coding bootcamp that prepares students for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET. Bootcamp students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The bootcamp runs Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and has a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Tech Elevator’s instruction is typically delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (359) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (58) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, Agile, Front End, CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git
    Start Date September 13, 2021
    LocationDallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    September 13, 2021 - Dallas Apply by August 30, 2021
  • Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, Agile, Front End, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, CSS
    Start Date October 25, 2021
    LocationDallas, Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, Online

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    October 25, 2021 - Chicago Apply by October 11, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Detroit Apply by October 11, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Charlotte Apply by October 11, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Online Apply by October 11, 2021
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

Scrum, REST, JavaScript, Agile, MySQL, MVC, C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET
    Start Date September 13, 2021
    LocationColumbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

September 13, 2021 - Columbus Apply by August 30, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by August 30, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Cleveland Apply by August 30, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 30, 2021
  • JW Kriewall  User Photo
    JW Kriewall • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Wow... I am just now able to write this review after what has been a whirlwind last 6 months. I graduated TE in April 2021 and accepted a job offer about 10 days before the program finished. I couldn't be happier with the way TE was run and how much it prepared me for the job. I'm sure there are a number of reviewers on this site praising TE before they've been in their job - I've been there for 6 months and I can confirm that TE adequately prepares you for your future tech career!

Classes and assignments were grueling. I came in with relatively little background knowledge in coding. To prepare, I watched about 6 weeks of the Harvard course CS50, which is free, by the way. If you can get to the 6-8 week portion of that class and coding still interests you, you will succeed at TE. Mentally, I was stressed all the time - not for any fault of my teachers but simply because it was difficult for me. I lost a lot of sleep during those three months...

Coming out of the experience, I feel like TE was one of the best investments I've ever made in myself. It was stressful knowing that at the end of the program I could be without a job, but I trusted the process and secured a solid entry-level position at a company with a great work culture.

My instructors were great, the pathway program was awesome and I came away from TE with a very positive impression. Would recommend to anyone looking for a career change, so long as they can stay motivated. It really is important to put in the work!

Recommendations: Try to take the course in person (I did it online and didn't love the online interaction experience at times).
    Lean on the pathway program, especially with resume help.
    In the hardest times, remember that many people way less smart than you made it through the program (like me!)
  • Katy Richardson  User Photo
    Katy Richardson • Software Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    At 35 I was looking for a change in my career.  I knew I had the heart and intelligence to be a Software Developer, but I wanted to have some training before starting down a whole new road.  Tech Elevator is an excellent choice, both for its educational experience, and its job search support.  Steve Carmichael was my instructor, with Kevin Teos as our Academic Fellow.  Steve guided us through OOP, APIs, and application design.  Both Steve and Kevin were available to help us after class with questions, and we usually used some class time for review.  The material is difficult, and the course is fast-paced, so it is meant for students who can commit the time and effort.  There are options for financial assistance, and Maddy Miller did a fantastic job as my advocate as I pursued my options.  Katie Moore and Vinny Sanfillippo helped me regularly with questions and check-ins related to job searching and highlighting my best qualities.  I will also say here, if you are serious about finding a new career in Tech, your best options are listening to what they say and buy in completely.

I found what I was looking for in Tech Elevator, and I hope you will, too!
  • Solomon Liang  User Photo
    Solomon Liang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are looking for a career switch into IT, you are at the right place!

This was not for the faint of heart. The program was very intense and fast-paced, and sometimes overwhelming, but the entire TE team was super supportive and invested in the students. I never imagined I could learn so much in 14 weeks. Steve Carmichael was my instructor, and he was awesome! He kept the lectures fun, even when the material got really difficult. He knew when to push us, and when to give the pep talk. The Pathway Program was a big help for me, as I came from a field where the job seeking process is completely different from a standard interview. I had Katie Moore as my main Pathway director, and she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable to all the questions I had.

One of the perks in Tech Elevator is its connection with hiring partners. Throughout the cohort, different companies came and talked about their mission, culture and answered our questions. In week 11 and 12, students had the chance to select which companies they would like to interview with, and TE would help set up those initial interviews. I know some of my classmates received an offer before graduation, and I just received mine as well - a week and half after!

Last but definitely not least, I got to meet so many wonderful people of all backgrounds throughout this journey. This was the best decision I have made in my life, and I recommend Tech Elevator 100% to anyone who is considering that career switch!

• It's Worth It
    - 8/12/2021
    Advait Redkar  User Photo
    Advait Redkar • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You get out what you put in to Tech Elevator. The whole team is dedicated to helping you start a new career in the tech field, and the support doesn't end when you graduate. It's fast paced and intense, but if it wasn't, they probably wouldn't call it bootcamp. Making connections with staff and fellow classmates is a fun experience as well. I accepted a job offer during the final week of the program, with a significant jump in income compared to my previous workplace. I should also mention I do not have any sort of degree---something I was worried about prior to starting, but if I can land a job without, anyone can (provided they put in the work).
  • Elysia Webb  User Photo
    Elysia Webb • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I put all my eggs into the Tech Elevator "basket", and it really paid off. Scholarship opportunities do exist, though they seem to be distributed unevenly by which campus you plan on attending, and I was fortunate to get one. The bootcamp was really fast-paced and intense. I was stressed out a lot, but I pushed through. Happy to say that with two weeks left in the bootcamp, I accepted a job offer making significantly more than I was pre-Tech Elevator. I ended up with two offers in total and withdrew from the final round of interviews with two other companies. I think about half of my cohort will have an offer in hand on graduation day, but staff will support and coach you post-graduation for six months while you look.
  • Julia Engman  User Photo
    Julia Engman • Engineer 1 • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I don't have too much to say about Tech Elevator besides that they're the real deal. Their stellar instructors who will be available until late hours to help with capstone projects, their pathway program which truly preps you to be star interviewer and just the culture of being surrounded by peers and facility who want this for you as much as you do.
    I stared my journey with computer science 7 years ago and I at points tried to give up because completing 4 year degree didn't seem possible for me. I took the plunge and applied to Tech Elevator's National Live Remote Cohort in January of this year. Just today I accepted an offer with a base salary over double anything I have ever made in my life to work for my dream company in my dream field.
    I remember reading these reviews 6 months ago with starry eyes barely daring to dream this could be possible, but Tech Elevator helped make it possible.
    If you're willing to risk it on a full time boot camp to get into the field of your dreams then Tech Elevator is the program you should trust.

My only two honest criticisms is the mock technical interviews could be harder (but please note for entry level, many companies weigh your behavioral responses infinitely more than what you already happen to know technically. I did not even have a proper technical interview or coding challenge for the position I accepted.) and while the remote campus is convenient, your employment outcome is heavily impacted by where you live. If you do the remote campus please meter your expectations for employment outcomes based on the tech market where you live and if you are open to relocation.
    This is not magic or a get rich quick scheme. Everyone with these stellar outcomes worked incredibly hard and had aptitude that employers could recognize.
  • Ron Fleming  User Photo
    Ron Fleming • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Tech Elevator offers an all-around excellent program. It is intense, particularly during the final 4-5 weeks, when job search activity peaks and coincides with critical instruction and the final capstone. But the dedication of the staff across the board is impressive, and the quality of support they offer throughout is top notch.
  • Jason Coffman  User Photo
    Jason Coffman • Java Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Tech Elevator was great! I would recommend becoming familiar with the basic concepts for the different languages you will learn, just because it is such a fast paced course. If you're dedicated to learning code and enjoy friendly instructors that will take the time to work with you, even after hours, then I highly recommend this bootcamp!
  • Diya Loveson  User Photo
    Diya Loveson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Background:
     I have a degree in Computer Science and Engineering and also worked as a software engineer in Accenture, India for 5 years (2007 - 2012) in a very cool technology called SAP PI. I came to the US on a dependent visa in 2012 which meant I had no eligibility to work here. I also had some personal reasons to take a break at the same time so it kind of worked. I finally got my work permit in Dec 2017 and I tried to get back into the same technology but found it very hard owing to the gap I had and also because SAP PI had advanced so much in those years. For a while, I kept trying in the same domain but finally decided to switch paths. I applied for Business Analyst and Testing roles but still had no luck. I heard of TE but having been a stay at home mom for 9 years, I felt under confident to go back to coding. But I also knew I had to do something hard if I wanted to change my life.

Early days:
    My coding background definitely helped me get through the overwhelming curriculum. I also had two kids ( K and 3rd grade doing cyber school) to manage. If you are new to tech, you have to start preparing in advance to be most successful. New topics are learnt everyday and there is homework ( academic and pathway) to be done on weekends as well so knowledge of some topics in advance would make things less stressful.

Curriculum, Instructor and class mates:
    The curriculum is brilliant - it would essentially teach you to solve problems so that you can navigate even if you end up in a different technology. My instructor Walt was the epitome of patience, knowledge and a gentle nurturer - being his student was life changing. Now I know how great teacher look like!  All of my classmates were amazing in their attitude, willingness to learn and help others and the desire to succeed in life. I have picked up so many things in addition to tech-know-how from this course!

Pathway:
    I realized why I couldn't crack my previous interviews after all the lessons we were taught in Pathway! I was doing it all wrong! Stephen and Ellen genuinely cares for the students and puts in so much effort perfecting our pitches, resume, LinkedIn etc. They really make you ready by week 10 so that you know how to answer STAR questions and put your best foot forward. Honestly, I can't recommend this course enough!

This boot camp is just mind blowing for its curriculum, the amazing and dedicated staff and the outstanding people you will get to meet! Go for it!

• Truly Elevating
    - 6/15/2021
    Melanie Anderson  User Photo
    Melanie Anderson • DevOps Associate Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As someone nervous about switching career paths entirely, Tech Elevator really helped me thrive on my new journey. I felt like the information learned at Tech Elevator is extremely relevant to the current development world and the way in which the material was introduced was very digestible for someone with little to no programming background. The most evident attribute made clear to me throughout the whole program is that Tech Elevator is passionate about having their graduates succeed. They want you to find a job ASAP after their program and they help you to get there by providing whatever resources they can. If you invest 100% into the program you will get every benefit out of it and they will help you achieve those goals. The staff is absolutely excellent. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable, the pathway directors are a wealth of support and the entire team clearly wants you to succeed. The remote setting was still very engaging and well structured and the networking opportunities are invaluable. I took another bootcamp upon landing my first job and it became evident to me how much better the Tech Elevator environment and instructors were from that bad experience. The only slight negative for me personally was that being located on the West Coast, the Tech Elevator network has not quite expanded as much to my area. They are really established in the mid-west and have excellent connections there. However, they are branching out and with the shift to a more remote/online work environment, opportunities are easier to find all over the country.

If you are seriously considering a shift into the development world you should absolutely apply to Tech Elevator, I know I'm glad I did.

• Ben Williams  User Photo
    Ben Williams • Technical Support Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    For several years I had been interested in learning how to code, and I was introduced to Tech Elevator by a childhoold friend who was the then Campus Director. She called me to see if my current employer would be interested in hiring junior devs, however that department wasn't in Cincinnati. In any case, she was able to give me great insight on the program, and I trusted her since we went way back. When circumstances finally aligned I applied and was accepted (I actually applied twice and was accepted twice, but timing didn't line up the first time).

I can't say enough good things about the training. I felt they did a really great job even though we were still in the midst of the pandemic and everything was remote.

After graduation the pandemic was still going and I felt like I was slugging through the hiring process without much success. However, I met regularly with my Pathway Director who helped me continue to tweak my resume, update my LinkedIn and offer her expertise with my job hunt. She also continued to match me with prospective employers when the opportunity would arise. And, finally it happened. I got an offer about 5 months after graduation.

I come from a sales background, and I understand the importance of delivering on the expectations that I would set for new customers. Tech Elevator certainly delivered on the expectations they set.

Finally, I know people from my class who still haven't gotten a job in tech. They make up that small percentage of people who it doesn't happen for in six months, but I feel pretty confortable in saying that it isn't for a lack of effort on Tech Elevator's part. Tech Elevator has the curriculum and the support to help people transition in to tech; all that is required from you is effort!
  • Mohiuddin Kader  User Photo
    Mohiuddin Kader • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    last 4-5 years I was trying to join the coding world - never had proper training -- after that, the best decision I took is to join Tech Elevator. They just didn't teach me coding but the way it's used in real-life jobs.  Perfect course structure in Covid timing -- I was doing National Live Remote - but I never felt that it's an online course - from Sococo to slack - my instructor Andy Chong Sam is always there for us even late at late evening. I also like to thank Margaret Green for covering all my needs. Besides learning, I also had great advice on job preparation from Peggy. And after graduation now I got an offer and I will join there in June 2021. It's like dream come true and thank Tech Elevator for that.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 46 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Tech Elevator CIRR Report here