tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full-time, 14-week coding bootcamp that prepares students for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET. Bootcamp students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The bootcamp runs Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and has a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Tech Elevator’s instruction is typically delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (365) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (60) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, Agile, Front End, CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git
    Start Date September 13, 2021
    LocationDallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    September 13, 2021 - Dallas Apply by August 30, 2021
  • Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, Agile, Front End, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, CSS
    Start Date October 25, 2021
    LocationDallas, Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, Online

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    October 25, 2021 - Chicago Apply by October 11, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Detroit Apply by October 11, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Charlotte Apply by October 11, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Online Apply by October 11, 2021
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

Scrum, REST, JavaScript, Agile, MySQL, MVC, C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET
    Start Date September 13, 2021
    LocationColumbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

September 13, 2021 - Columbus Apply by August 30, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by August 30, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Cleveland Apply by August 30, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 30, 2021
  • Evan Morgan  User Photo
    Evan Morgan • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you had told me 6 months ago that after attending a coding bootcamp I'd have a job at a Fortune 20 company making 4x what I make now with a career outlook that is literally infinite -- I would have called you crazy.  I had always thought that a career in tech was so distant and unattainable because I didn't go to college for Computer Science, and when I tried to learn how to code on my own I just didn't have the willpower and time to really build a portfolio in order to get a job. I felt stuck, and back then I had no idea what was actually possible.  Luckily, I finally made the leap and signed up at Tech Elevator Cleveland.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do was move back in at my parents, quit my job, and take out a $15,500 loan to join a school I wasn't sure that could deliver on their promises. I had read so many mixed, and quite frankly mostly negative reviews and opinions, on coding bootcamps all across the internet, whether it was Reddit, blogs, or articles -- everyone had something terrible to say about them. Don't listen to these people, they are so, so so wrong. Whatever your financial situation is, education, or background, you can and should attend a high quality coding bootcamp like Tech Elevator! My boss now says they actually prefer hiring bootcampers as they have more applicable skills, work\professional experience, and can hit the ground running right away.

The program at TE is incredibly thorough and gives you all the skills you will need to get a great job as a Software Engineer\Developer or other non coding-based tech role (Product Owner for instance). It is extremely difficult and will be one of the hardest things you've ever done, and I say that as someone who had prior coding knowledge and went to college and loves to learn, but it was still incredibly difficult! Don't worry if you don't have prior knowledge though, I saw many of my peers without coding experience make it through just like I did, you just have to believe in yourself and not give up and the staff at TE will do the rest to see you through!!

My instructor was one of my favorite instructors I've ever had. She was very experienced and could expound upon advanced concepts and had a wide breadth of knowledge across the entire software stack. Her teaching style was awesome, she made sure everyone was absorbing the knowledge and wouldn't let the quiet people in the back of the class get away without learning the material. She was also hilarious and made the entire process so fun and enjoyable.

The pathway program is an entirely different side of the whole experience that I completely overlooked and didn't pay much attention to prior to signing up, but that is so crucial to your success in finding a job. While they don't guarantee you get a job, they will honestly do every single thing in their power to make sure you get one, and as long as you put in the effort you will get a great job! I loved my pathway instructor\classes just as much as I loved my coding instructor\classes, and that is what sets TE apart from the rest from what I've heard from other people that have gone to similar bootcamps. TE delivers the entire package. Shoutout to Beth, Katie, and the rest of the TE staff. I owe you big time!!! <3

The most satisfying part of the entire experience was after graduating and getting my first job as a Software Engineer, I realized I could do absolutely ANYTHING I set my mind to. It was by far the hardest thing I've ever done, but I did it, and TE taught me that.

• Tech Pivot
    - 10/18/2021
    Rob Newsom  User Photo
    Rob Newsom • Student Verified via GitHub
    This is an intensive program with excellent instructors.  Tuition is very reasonable considering it also includes career coaching, resume assistance, and interview prep (behavioral and technical.)

I recommend at least some self-paced study before committing to any program like this (Codecademy, Coursera, EdX, Free Code Camp, etc.)   You absolutely can jump in as a beginner, but your learning curve will be significantly less steep if you can get some fundamentals under your belt first.
  • Mike Lavan   User Photo
    Mike Lavan • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was originally in Finance and found myself laid off due to the pandemic. I found myself desperately needing a career/industry switch, and I am so glad I found Tech Elevator. The 14-week process was paced perfectly for me as someone with not a lot of prior coding experience. It was intense at times and some nights were longer than others, but I never felt too overwhelmed due to the incredibly helpful staff that were willing to help me through whatever issue I was having. Not only do they teach you the fundamentals of software development, they also prepared me for interviews, overhauled my resume and put me in touch with people I would never have had the chance to speak with, and this all culminated with me landing an awesome job in the industry after I graduated! I will forever be grateful to Tech Elevator for the work they put in to make my transition from careers as smooth as possible. 100% would recommend!
  • Great and Worth
    - 10/4/2021
    Yuan  User Photo
    Yuan • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I am a housewife for six years because I am holding a F2/H4 Visa that cannot work in US legally. Last year I got my green card so I decided to restart my career. But it is really hard and I don't know how to start and where to start. Because my major is CS, so the only thing I can do is refresh my memory on how to code. I search for some courses on Udemy, Youtube as well as Codecademy, but it can only help my knowledge not my career very well.

Then I found Tech Elevator. I am hesitant firstly especially for the 90% job replacement. To be honest, I read almost every comment on the course report website. I am surprised by 95% positive comments. Then I joined the virtual open house and decided to enroll Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator course is great. Walt is a very nice and patient teacher. His course is very clear and easy to understand. Moreover, the pathway program is excellent and because of that, it made me well prepared at week 11 (Match-making week). I would like to thank Ellen and Stephen who gave me extreme assistance in my job search.

Finally, I want to say. If you really want to switch your career in Tech but felt no direction. Tech elevator is absolutely a good choice.

• JW Kriewall  User Photo
    JW Kriewall • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Wow... I am just now able to write this review after what has been a whirlwind last 6 months. I graduated TE in April 2021 and accepted a job offer about 10 days before the program finished. I couldn't be happier with the way TE was run and how much it prepared me for the job. I'm sure there are a number of reviewers on this site praising TE before they've been in their job - I've been there for 6 months and I can confirm that TE adequately prepares you for your future tech career!

Classes and assignments were grueling. I came in with relatively little background knowledge in coding. To prepare, I watched about 6 weeks of the Harvard course CS50, which is free, by the way. If you can get to the 6-8 week portion of that class and coding still interests you, you will succeed at TE. Mentally, I was stressed all the time - not for any fault of my teachers but simply because it was difficult for me. I lost a lot of sleep during those three months...

Coming out of the experience, I feel like TE was one of the best investments I've ever made in myself. It was stressful knowing that at the end of the program I could be without a job, but I trusted the process and secured a solid entry-level position at a company with a great work culture.

My instructors were great, the pathway program was awesome and I came away from TE with a very positive impression. Would recommend to anyone looking for a career change, so long as they can stay motivated. It really is important to put in the work!

Recommendations: Try to take the course in person (I did it online and didn't love the online interaction experience at times).
    Lean on the pathway program, especially with resume help.
    In the hardest times, remember that many people way less smart than you made it through the program (like me!)
  • Katy Richardson  User Photo
    Katy Richardson • Software Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    At 35 I was looking for a change in my career.  I knew I had the heart and intelligence to be a Software Developer, but I wanted to have some training before starting down a whole new road.  Tech Elevator is an excellent choice, both for its educational experience, and its job search support.  Steve Carmichael was my instructor, with Kevin Teos as our Academic Fellow.  Steve guided us through OOP, APIs, and application design.  Both Steve and Kevin were available to help us after class with questions, and we usually used some class time for review.  The material is difficult, and the course is fast-paced, so it is meant for students who can commit the time and effort.  There are options for financial assistance, and Maddy Miller did a fantastic job as my advocate as I pursued my options.  Katie Moore and Vinny Sanfillippo helped me regularly with questions and check-ins related to job searching and highlighting my best qualities.  I will also say here, if you are serious about finding a new career in Tech, your best options are listening to what they say and buy in completely.

I found what I was looking for in Tech Elevator, and I hope you will, too!
  • Solomon Liang  User Photo
    Solomon Liang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are looking for a career switch into IT, you are at the right place!

This was not for the faint of heart. The program was very intense and fast-paced, and sometimes overwhelming, but the entire TE team was super supportive and invested in the students. I never imagined I could learn so much in 14 weeks. Steve Carmichael was my instructor, and he was awesome! He kept the lectures fun, even when the material got really difficult. He knew when to push us, and when to give the pep talk. The Pathway Program was a big help for me, as I came from a field where the job seeking process is completely different from a standard interview. I had Katie Moore as my main Pathway director, and she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable to all the questions I had.

One of the perks in Tech Elevator is its connection with hiring partners. Throughout the cohort, different companies came and talked about their mission, culture and answered our questions. In week 11 and 12, students had the chance to select which companies they would like to interview with, and TE would help set up those initial interviews. I know some of my classmates received an offer before graduation, and I just received mine as well - a week and half after!

Last but definitely not least, I got to meet so many wonderful people of all backgrounds throughout this journey. This was the best decision I have made in my life, and I recommend Tech Elevator 100% to anyone who is considering that career switch!

• It's Worth It
    - 8/13/2021
    Advait Redkar  User Photo
    Advait Redkar • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You get out what you put in to Tech Elevator. The whole team is dedicated to helping you start a new career in the tech field, and the support doesn't end when you graduate. It's fast paced and intense, but if it wasn't, they probably wouldn't call it bootcamp. Making connections with staff and fellow classmates is a fun experience as well. I accepted a job offer during the final week of the program, with a significant jump in income compared to my previous workplace. I should also mention I do not have any sort of degree---something I was worried about prior to starting, but if I can land a job without, anyone can (provided they put in the work).
  • Elysia Webb  User Photo
    Elysia Webb • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I put all my eggs into the Tech Elevator "basket", and it really paid off. Scholarship opportunities do exist, though they seem to be distributed unevenly by which campus you plan on attending, and I was fortunate to get one. The bootcamp was really fast-paced and intense. I was stressed out a lot, but I pushed through. Happy to say that with two weeks left in the bootcamp, I accepted a job offer making significantly more than I was pre-Tech Elevator. I ended up with two offers in total and withdrew from the final round of interviews with two other companies. I think about half of my cohort will have an offer in hand on graduation day, but staff will support and coach you post-graduation for six months while you look.
  • Julia Engman  User Photo
    Julia Engman • Engineer 1 • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I don't have too much to say about Tech Elevator besides that they're the real deal. Their stellar instructors who will be available until late hours to help with capstone projects, their pathway program which truly preps you to be star interviewer and just the culture of being surrounded by peers and facility who want this for you as much as you do.
    I stared my journey with computer science 7 years ago and I at points tried to give up because completing 4 year degree didn't seem possible for me. I took the plunge and applied to Tech Elevator's National Live Remote Cohort in January of this year. Just today I accepted an offer with a base salary over double anything I have ever made in my life to work for my dream company in my dream field.
    I remember reading these reviews 6 months ago with starry eyes barely daring to dream this could be possible, but Tech Elevator helped make it possible.
    If you're willing to risk it on a full time boot camp to get into the field of your dreams then Tech Elevator is the program you should trust.

My only two honest criticisms is the mock technical interviews could be harder (but please note for entry level, many companies weigh your behavioral responses infinitely more than what you already happen to know technically. I did not even have a proper technical interview or coding challenge for the position I accepted.) and while the remote campus is convenient, your employment outcome is heavily impacted by where you live. If you do the remote campus please meter your expectations for employment outcomes based on the tech market where you live and if you are open to relocation.
    This is not magic or a get rich quick scheme. Everyone with these stellar outcomes worked incredibly hard and had aptitude that employers could recognize.
  • Ron Fleming  User Photo
    Ron Fleming • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Tech Elevator offers an all-around excellent program. It is intense, particularly during the final 4-5 weeks, when job search activity peaks and coincides with critical instruction and the final capstone. But the dedication of the staff across the board is impressive, and the quality of support they offer throughout is top notch.
  • Jason Coffman  User Photo
    Jason Coffman • Java Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Tech Elevator was great! I would recommend becoming familiar with the basic concepts for the different languages you will learn, just because it is such a fast paced course. If you're dedicated to learning code and enjoy friendly instructors that will take the time to work with you, even after hours, then I highly recommend this bootcamp!

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 46 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Tech Elevator CIRR Report here