tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full-time, 14-week coding bootcamp that prepares students for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET. Bootcamp students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The bootcamp runs Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and has a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Tech Elevator’s instruction is typically delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (324) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (51) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Java, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST
    Start Date May 10, 2021
    LocationPhiladelphia, Dallas, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 10, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by April 26, 2021
  • Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Java, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST
    Start Date June 28, 2021
    LocationDallas, Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, Online

Tuition Plans$7,750 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,750 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    June 28, 2021 - Detroit Apply by June 14, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Chicago Apply by October 11, 2021
    June 28, 2021 - Charlotte Apply by June 14, 2021
    October 25, 2021 - Charlotte Apply by October 11, 2021
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Scrum, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST
    Start Date May 10, 2021
    LocationCincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 10, 2021 - Pittsburgh Apply by April 26, 2021
    September 13, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by August 30, 2021
  • Chris McAfee  User Photo
    Chris McAfee • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Awesome program that prepared me to get a job in 13 weeks

This program was 14 weeks long and while I wished we could've learned more in that time, I think Tech Elevator did a great job of teaching me the skills I needed to get started in a software developer role upon graduation.

Brief overview of coursework/curriculum:
    Weeks 1-4 (module 1) we learned about object oriented programming using C# (or Java). Weeks 5-8 (module 2) we learned about SQL databases and API's. Weeks 9-12 (module 3) we learned html, css, javascript, and vue. Essentially, weeks 1-8 were backend focused and 9-12 were frontend focused.

At the end of each module, we had paired programming projects that utilized what we had been learning during that module. At the end of module 1, my partner and I built vending machine software, using what we had learned about object oriented programming. At the end of module 2, my partner and I built venmo-like software, utilizing our knowledge on object oriented programming, SQL databases, and API's/MVC software design pattern. At the end of module 3, weeks 13-14, we built a web application (as a group of 4 or 5 people) utilizing everything we had learned. My team built a web-app that would generate a random workout for a user, and would also allow trainers to add/edit/delete workouts in the database.

As far as technical skills go, Tech Elevator did a great job in helping me to build my programming knowledge, which made me feel confident when it came to doing technical interviews with potential employers.

This leads me into another aspect of the program which Tech Elevator calls the 'Pathway Program'. During the 14 weeks in the Tech Elevator program, I would have 1 or 2 (sometimes more) meetings with Tech Elevator's career coaches. They helped me to focus on building my elevator pitch, resume, and LinkedIn profile. We would consistently practice our elevator pitches, look over our resumes and LinkedIn profiles so that we felt comfortable speaking about our past and current experiences. We also had several behavioral and technical mock interviews, which really helped me to gage how interviews would go with potential employers. Additionally, because Tech Elevator has great relationships with local employers, we were able to do 30 minute interviews with several different (well known) employers as a part of Tech Elevator's Matchmaking Events (during weeks 12-14, I believe). I had interviews with seven different employers from the Matchmaking Events (I didn't have to seek out and apply anywhere, although Tech Elevator did recommend I do that on top of having these interviews). Luckily for me, I was offered a couple different developer positions during the Matchmaking Events and accepted a role as a Software Developer during my 13th week of the program!

Overall, I feel that my experience attending Tech Elevator's 14 week program was well worth my investment in time and money. And now in my first role as a software developer, while I am experiencing 'imposter syndrome' a bit, I'm confident I will do well because Tech Elevator taught me the foundational skills I need and I now know how to learn new programming languages and concepts.
  • Olga Plaksina  User Photo
    Olga Plaksina • Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
           Reading alumni reviews of Tech Elevator was one of many reasons (along with my friend’s advice, curriculum, job placement rate, length of the program, virtual tour and particularly, diverse experience of instructors in the tech industry) I chose it over other IT bootcamps. So, it’s only fair if I contribute.
         Application process begins with an aptitude test, followed up by an interview and another aptitude test. The tests are based on logic and don’t require previous coding experience. Before classes begin Tech Elevator sends a few coding exercise recommendations such as start learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript focusing on concepts like if...then, loops, arrays. FreeCode and Codewars were listed as starting points. Cohort 7 (which is 8th) had 53-54 students (was debatable), 2 Java classes and 1 NET, 4 instructors and 2 academic fellows. Laptop with all needed installed software is provided.
         It’s important to prepare financially and mentally for 3 fascinating and challenging months. There are quite a few financing options listed on the TE website, I used Hebrew Free Loan Association loan for a portion of tuition.
       The whole program is divided into 3 Modules and at the end of each module it’s “capstone project” o’clock and it’s thrilling, because applying received knowledge into a real application is incredible and sometimes frustrating, too. In-between the capstones students are exposed to the new information every day about languages and frameworks such as Java, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, JavaScript, Vu.js. I found ebook extremely helpful and logically structured. Along with coding skills education Tech Elevator introduces a Pathway program that assists  students in writing resumes, creating LinkedIn profile, interview preparation, matchmaking. Students are encouraged to collaborate on homework assignments and develop teamwork skills. It was great to work with so many intelligent individuals on different projects. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of networking events with other Tech Elevator campuses and representatives from various companies. My only complaint would be the fact that everything was remote, because TE campus looks so captivating, but I blame 2020.
        I felt prepared going to job interviews, I accepted a job offer from AHN and soon it will be one month in my new role. Among some languages and frameworks I never used before are Angular, SQL Server and PHP. There is definitely a learning curve, but adsorbing a new coding language is so much easier now. A few more words about me… I have 11 years of work experience, mostly in customer service, in various companies, but I’ve always wanted more from my career. I made attempts to program on BASIC when I was 10, but it didn’t go too far. The same year my favorite video game was American McGee’s Alice on Windows, so maybe that was the reason. That was it with my software skills for a long time. I was using R, R Studio and Tableau shortly when I was getting my MBA. I was planning to get a job in Data/Business Analytics area. When pandemic started, all internships I was hoping for were delayed or cancelled and meanwhile I decided to build up my tech skills. But after tons of research I couldn’t decide if I should learn SQL or Python or something else and how. Even though getting into bootcamp just to know how to work with databases might seem extreme, but I've always been a type of person who enjoys learning new things and starting with fundamental principles would make the most sense for me, because it resonates with my experience of learning a new language: understanding the grammar is the first step, practicing building sentences and memorizing new words is the second one. Needless to mention that my perception about programming completely changed. I made it my career, not an additional expertise. Problem-solving skills and desire to get things accomplished are able to get you very far.
         And last, but not least, I want to thank amazing, knowledgeable and caring instructors for continuous 12-weeks brain torture and along with campus director, Pathway director, admission coordinator and academic fellows for their time and incredible support through the program. I felt that each of them was interested in my success and was willing to help me grow. They are constantly encouraging students to reach out and ask questions and/or just vent about the intensity of the program. They are also willing to enhance learning experience, so they frequently ask your opinion about the process and are investing in improving it. They continue to support you after the graduation day for up to 6 months and are doing everything they can to help you land a job. Big shoutout to Tom, Tom, Beth, Walt, Jennifer, Ellen, Stephen, Marissa, Jacob, Eric! I wouldn’t do it without you!

• Colin Mahan  User Photo
    Colin Mahan • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    There was nothing scarier than leaving a full time job with full benefits during Covid to try and change my career for the better. But it was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The course was intense yet very interesting. The instructors were always willing to take the time to help you out whether it be with homework, capstone projects, or even technical mock interviews. The pathway program was extremely helpful in getting an offer after graduating. The pathway directors were always there to help and lend an ear throughout the job search process. They definitely made it less stressful. I cannot thank everyone at Tech Elevator enough!
  • Alex Wadner  User Photo
    Alex Wadner • Application Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is the real deal, folks! Attending this program was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It is run by people who genuinely care about helping you and will do everything they can to do so. TE has the curriculum down to a science. They know what you need to know and how to teach it. The lectures do a good job at covering concepts through ample explanation and examples. The homework is effective at drilling concepts so that they start to become automatic. Their textbook is a great resource and really helped me grasp the concept before learning it in class the next day. I had a phenomenal teacher who was incredibly knowledgable, patient, kind, and cultivated a great learning environment where asking questions was always encouraged. Additionally, there were two academic advisors that were always around if you needed help, more explanation, or anything else. There was never a shortage of support.

This program is really two-fold. The coding/technical education happens simultaneously with the professional skills education - the Pathway Program. This is one of the main reasons behind why I chose Tech Elevator. The Pathway Program prepared us for everything - how to make a killer resume and LinkedIn profile, how to talk to recruiters, how to interview, how to apply to jobs, and much more. It also hosts employer showcases, alumni events, and Q&A’s with professionals in the field. Then there's Matchmaking, a day towards the end of the program where you are set up with multiple back-to-back interviews with several companies looking to hire junior developers.

I honestly don't have much in the way of criticisms of the program. It met and exceeded by very high expectations. One of the things that strikes me the most about this organization as a whole is how invested they are into your success. I always felt incredibly supported. By the way, that doesn’t end after the bootcamp ends - they are there to help you for up to six months afterwards with mock technical interviews, advice, and job leads. I felt very prepared going into my job interviews because of everything I learned there. And it paid off for me - by the time I graduated, I had already accepted a job offer.

It bears mentioning that this is not an easy endeavor. It's one of the most challenging things I've ever done. You won’t have a life while you’re doing this. I barely saw my fiancee, let alone my friends or family. It’s intense, and I was working 60+ hours a week for 14 weeks. You will lean hard on your love for coding to keep you going. You will be so exhausted by the end, but you’ll learn so much about yourself and meet so many awesome people. Trust me when I say IT’S WORTH IT!
  • Evan Carlisle  User Photo
    Evan Carlisle • Developer Intern • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I made the decision to attend Tech Elevator as part of a larger personal re-skilling/career-shifting initiative, I had no way of knowing what to expect. My experience exceeded my expectations and was absolutely the right move at the right time. The program is run by a group of energetic, smart, and down-to-earth people, and I would recommend to anyone with the means and the desire to make this change to go for it. You will come out of it with a whole lot of hands-on experience doing what real developers do every day. On top of that, you’ll have “evidence” (projects) that you can show to future potential employers. It’s a rollercoaster of a 14-weeks, and you will be *lovingly* shoved out of your comfort zone for most of it, but the reward is so worth it, and it's so much more than a paycheck. The confidence that I and so many of my classmates built over the 14 weeks was so evident, and the network that all TE grads inevitably become a part of is enormous.

I'd like to share some specifics about my experience and why I think it deserves 5-stars across the board. First, though, I think it's important to note that after deciding in September 2019 that I would attend Tech Elevator starting in September 2020, I started a somewhat rigorous self-study routine that would culminate in building a few projects using React (a front-end framework for making reactive web-apps) and hundreds of hours of study over the course of that year under my belt. Prior to that, I had also taken a year's worth of computer science classes in college. I'm pretty sure I came in with relatively more experience than most. That being said, I had many classmates with no prior experience coding who found jobs before I did!

It was apparent very quickly that the instructors were highly capable, empathetic, and dedicated to seeing their students succeed.

I was in the Java class, and Brian was my instructor. There was never a moment where I felt he was unprepared, and that really showed with the number of examples he would use to introduce new concepts. He explained things clearly, and for those who learn best by doing, he would accommodate them as they coded along with the lesson, pausing often and making sure everyone was on the same page. He and our co-teacher, Rachelle, made themselves available M-F 9-5 for questions or Zoom debugging sessions, and I had quite a few long and incredibly thoughtful responses hit my inbox well after-hours.

Instructors were great about providing emotional support as well, regardless of whether someone was that instructor’s student. There were events held that specifically addressed forming healthy habits with regards to stress, and from the get-go instructors made it a point to start the conversation about mental health.

The curriculum was developed in-house and incredibly well-rounded. It was information-dense, clear, concise, and freely available (notes and recorded lectures) for review.

The curriculum was divided into four modules. Each module concludes with a capstone project, where you and teammate work together on a larger project that requires you to pull together everything you’ve learned in a particular module. Each capstone incorporates the previous modules’ concepts and technologies as well, so you’re not ever “done with one thing on to the next”.

Each day starts with a lecture and then the rest of the day is spent either working on the daily homework or seeking out projects of your own. They repeatedly emphasized pushing yourself to code A LOT during the 14-week program. Along with this was the constant reminder that instructors would always be available to try and help you figure out what sort of side project might be interesting to you. I’ve learned how to program each component I would need to build a web app, and most importantly, I’ve learned how to adapt to new working environments, where I might not be familiar with certain technologies.

Job assistance, provided by the "Pathway" program, was all-encompassing--it not only got you ready to apply to and interview for jobs, it was the bridge between you and the Tech Elevator business network .

Through Pathway, you are given plenty of instruction to get you ready to sit down in front of someone and confidently tell them you’re a software developer. The goals were laid out before the first day of the cohort, and there were multiple checkpoints with feedback provided to help us craft our outward-facing presence. By about halfway through the program, I had completely revamped my LinkedIn, and I had a brand-new resume. I had also been through multiple mock-interviews, both behavioral and technical. All of this was leading up to an event towards the end of the program, “Matchmaking”. We spent two days having sometimes back-to-back interviews with companies, and all of this was arranged through reaching out to the vast network that Tech Elevator has built and continues to build. Business of all sizes from our local community conducted dozens of interviews with all of us soon-to-be bootcamp grads. Multiple people ended up with the jobs they have today because of those interviews, including myself!

I think it's important to note here that most people did not end up with offers from Matchmaking, but we had been told over and over again that this would likely be the case, so nobody went into those interviews with the expectation that they would lead to a job directly. After matchmaking, you are ready to start applying to jobs, and with the support of the Pathway director(s) (which continues up to 6 months after graduation), the burden of finding work shifts more towards the student. That being said, I'm sure Ben and Vinny, my Pathway directors, would have sat down with me and made sure that I had everything I needed to competently search for and apply to jobs.

The last thing I'd like to mention is the final capstone. Classes were divided into groups and given two weeks to complete the most ambitious project of the program. At the end, each team had a fully functional web application, and on the final day of the program an entire graduation presentation was arranged for each team to showcase our work to friends, family, and the larger community. It was a really wonderful final tying together of both the Pathway program and the general TE curriculum.

I know I haven't shared any negative criticism, and that's because I never actually felt dissatisfied at any point during or after the program. I was definitely struck by how attentive and caring all of the instructors and staff were, and I am so grateful to have benefited from that. This was money well-spent, and I hope others can find the means to also make this step towards a future full of new opportunities!
  • Deen Cameron  User Photo
    Deen Cameron • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose to do the Java Full Stack course at Tech Elevator, I was in the remote cohort. Tech Elevator was one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. From start to finish, the staff was there for me every step of the way. I graduated February 12, 2021, and got my dream job offer exactly one week after graduation. I met the company through their matchmaking program. This process really works! If I had to start over again, I would STILL choose Tech Elevator.
  • Seth Boyle  User Photo
    Seth Boyle • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended Tech Elevator from May 2020-August 2020 in Cleveland, Ohio. It was the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic and the cohort had recently switched to full remote learning instead of their usual in-person instruction. TE adapted quickly and was able to provide a sufficient educational experience. I had spent 4-6 months prior working on CodeAcademy courses and working through the Harvard CS50 Intro to Comp Sci course (highly recommend) which helped introduce me to some of the fundamentals of coding and computer science.

Tech Elevator moves very quickly but with help from my main instructor, the cohort tutor and other students I felt I was able to keep up with the course work and learn A LOT in 14 weeks. There are 3 main modules that each last about 4 weeks. You first learn the basics of data structures and OOP in either Java or C#. The next 4 weeks you learn about databases and APIs and how to integrate them in your previously chosen language. Finally, the last 4 weeks is focused on Javascript and a modern JS framework (Vue.js is what I learned). At the end of each module you do a capstone project that you will eventually upload to your public GitHub that serves as your portfolio as you enter the job market. The final two weeks of the program is a bigger project where you simulate a real working experience with project requirements, daily stand-ups, a product manager and a live debut of your application.

Throughout the technical training you also go through the "Pathway" program. This is dedicated to sharpening your resume, LinkedIn and interviewing skills. The program also has a two week long period of "Matchmaking" where they let students sign up for real interviews with employer partners. I didn't end up getting a job from any of my matchmaking interviews since a lot of the companies were on a hiring freeze due to the pandemic but I still made valuable connections and was able to practice my behavioral and technical interviewing skills.

In conclusion, I went from working at a coffee shop part time and gigging as a freelance performing musician with an incomplete Bachelors degree in music, to landing my first job as a Software Developer in about 4-5 months during an unprecedented global pandemic. It was a lot of hard work but I felt supported throughout the whole process. Using modern tools and technologies prepared me for the job market and I was able to land a Junior Software Developer role within a week of completing the program. I actually felt very prepared for my first job which uses almost the same exact tech stack as the Tech Elevator curriculum.

I'm now 6 months into my first role, making twice as much money as I was before Tech Elevator and learning a ton everyday. I am super excited to grow my career and keep progressing as a developer. I'll admit I was skeptical of bootcamps in general and always thought you needed a college degree to work in software, but the demand is high and companies need developers. Whether you're completely self-taught, have some computer science experience or none at all, a bootcamp like Tech Elevator is a quick and affordable way to get industry relevant skills and real professional connections to kickstart your career in tech. It's a huge commitment to full time learning and countless hours of technical practice and homework for 4 months (basically impossible to hold down a job during the bootcamp, so savings and/or a loan need to be in place), but well worth it in my opinion.

• Micah Kaufman Wright  User Photo
    Micah Kaufman Wright • Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I don't think I could have timed this better if I planned it. I quit my restaurant job in the summer of 2019, took out a loan, and became a full time student at Tech Elevator in the fall.
    I learned Java and the basics of JavaScript, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, HTML/CSS, REST, etc. The beauty of this "bootcamp" was that it wasn't just teaching us coding, it was teaching us how developers work together both in theory (TDD, AGILE, etc.) and in tools (we learned a lot of GIT). And a good chunk of each day was spent learning how to interview well, how to pitch ourselves to recruiters and employers, how to build a LinkedIn presence and a resume. My teacher was knowledgeable and funny, engaging in a way that I really appreciated. We would spend the mornings learning, and the afternoons working on homework and projects. The teachers were always available to help us think through problems.
    The Pathway program helped us prepare for interviews and it helped us go through our first interviews right there, onsite. Matchmaking day was like a speed-dating-esque version of interviews, with quick 15 minute interviews at a building filled with company reps who were looking for new talent and knew that Tech Elevator produced grads well grounded in the basics of programming and well-equipped to continue learning.
    I would not have the job I have today, had I not had the Pathway Directors there to help me. I was asked to come in for a follow up interview with one of the companies I spoke with at Matchmaking, and was offered a job there. But there were a couple hiccups along the way that I doubt I would have handled on my own.
    I was hired in December of 2019, before I'd even graduated. My first day of work was February 10th, 2020. I was able to work in the office for a month before we were all sent to work from home. I am so grateful that I chose to change my career when I did, and that I now have a job with a future I can imagine, that I have the luxury of performing from home.
    My manager has been consistently impressed with my abilities, but also with my ability to reach out for help when I need it, and to articulate my ideas clearly to others. I think that not only did Tech Elevator help me learn to code, it helped me get back into the habit of constantly learning.
  • Robert Gongaware  User Photo
    Robert Gongaware • Associate Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I cannot recommend Tech Elevator enough to anyone interested in elevating their career and personal growth. In less than half a year, I went from unemployed, to learning a whole new skill set and landing a dream job within that field. I am using the skills that I learned at Tech Elevator to exceed expectations at my new job and could not be more proud of myself. The staff at Tech Elevator care intensely and invest in your success. From curriculum, to guidance, and eventual job placement, every avenue is meticulously structured to benefit YOU. This whole process was life changing; even being in my mid-thirties, I was confident in what I had learned would make me an attractive hiring candidate, and that paid off immensely.
  • Seth  User Photo
    Seth • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed the Tech Elevator Spring 2020 Java cohort at the Philadelphia campus.  Now, after 6+ months in my new role as a software developer, I can reflect on my experience at TE and how it helped prepare me for this career. TE was the right choice for me for the following reasons:
    • Technically rigorous. Software developer bootcamps are a major commitment of time and money and I wanted my experience to be technically challenging, giving me the best "bang for the buck."  I came to TE with a willingness to put in the work and felt challenged each and every day.
    • Instructor quality - TE instructors come from the industry and have extensive experience.  In addition to their technical knowledge, they truly know how to teach programming. They met each student at their level and were an invaluable resource for industry/career advice.
    • Pathways Program - TE's robust career program connected me with employers throughout the bootcamp.  Caitie and the TE team are hyper-focused on equipping students with the resources and connections for career advancement.

The tech elevator program was exactly as advertised.  One of the most important reasons why I chose TE was their publication of career statistics.  Rather than advertising one-off success stories, they deliver a program that allows hard-working individuals to successfully pivot into a software development field.  I saw it with my own journey, as well as in my classmates’.  The results speak for themselves!
  • Jeremiah Williams  User Photo
    Jeremiah Williams • Associate Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into Tech Elevator with one semester of coding experience my freshman year of college, however no experience is needed. I know it can be hard to listen to strangers and trust reviews when making a big life decision. With that in mind I’m writing this with the readers thoughts in mind or with my thoughts almost 1 year ago. I was 19 years old at the time and had no idea what this bootcamp was like, I had no expectations and no information on what would be taught. All of the technology jargon and lingo on the internet is confusing and daunting when researching what Software Development is like. Fortunately no matter what your age, Tech Elevator is going to make sure you are ready for the workforce. I went to the Pittsburgh campus (although it was remote/online) and my experience was phenomenal. Not only do you have a bunch of like-minded individuals willing to offer their help, the instructors go above and beyond. They are in the right place as they all have this knack for making the material so understandable and really put in extra effort when someone doesn’t understand. On top of their teaching abilities, their knowledge of the material is extremely vast. The pathway program also works extremely hard to make sure everyone succeeds, on a personal level, and in job readiness. They will set up countless events that will help you acclimate to this new setting and prepare you to crush the interviews you’ll get at the end of the cohort. They are all friendly people that are more than willing to devote their time for your success. Overall, Tech Elevator is going to work with you and mold you into a Junior Developer no matter what your background and that can seem hard to fathom but I know so many of my (now junior developer) friends that thought the same thing. If you really want a change in your life, specifically in technology/software. This is for you.
  • Total Game Changer
    - 2/10/2021
    Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Let me start by saying Tech Elevator was more than I could have hoped to get out of a bootcamp. Their environment, staff, curriculum, and overall structure was phenomenal. I come from a service industry background and have worn many different hats throughout the years including bartender, bar manager, and even small business owner, but I have always dreamed of a career in the technology field. I had heard about bootcamps but never had the push to switch careers until COVID hit and I needed to find a more resilient path. After months of due diligence weighing various program options and even considered teaching myself, I finally decided TE Columbus campus was the path for me. That decision was absolutely life changing and one that will go down as one of the best decisions I have ever made. I found lifelong friends and learned skills that I will never forget.

The staff at Tech Elevator is an inspiring and remarkable group of people. They have unparalleled abilities to transform students with limited development backgrounds into industry-ready software engineers. The curriculum is fast and vast, allowing you to get the full stack experience in a short amount of time. The instructors go above and beyond to ensure the knowledge you acquire sticks with you and is applicable to the current job market. I remember many times that I reached out to the instructors outside of office hours or on the weekends to ask questions or clarify a lesson. They were accessible and didn’t hesitate to ensure I had the information I needed to be successful. The career services “pathway program” is remarkable at developing soft skills, resumes, and general industry knowledge into sharpened tools. As someone who thought they wouldn't gain a lot from that kind of insight, I was glad to be proven wrong and they turned my unique skills into an impressive toolkit. The support staff holds everything together behind the scenes and works diligently to prepare students to succeed. If you have the time, drive, and “why” to devote yourself to a life-altering career change in software development then this is THE place for you. I would have given more stars if it was possible.

The curriculum is on point with the current job market. The instructors are diligent and as hungry as you are to help you succeed. The pathway program, career services, will polish you up and take you to where you want to be. The support staff is there to build up your chances to succeed. Overall, the staff is what sets Tech Elevator apart and will give it all they have as long as you're willing to do the same.

Be warned, this is called a BOOTCAMP for a reason and this decision should not be taken lightly. It was one of the hardest journeys I’ve ever set out on, but also the most rewarding. I don’t know how some of my classmates completed this program while managing part-time jobs and taking care of small children. I devoted my full schedule to TE and spent at least 60+ hours a week on class assignments, reading or polishing my skills. Taking yourself out of your comfort zone is where you learn the most and you get out of this program what you put into it. I highly suggest not heading into this program thinking you can skate by.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

88% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 11% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 47 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 2% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Tech Elevator CIRR Report here