tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (403) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (70) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • Amazing Experience
    - 6/13/2022
    Zach Zelouf  User Photo
    Zach Zelouf • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's funny to think that just 6 months ago I was reading reviews on this website to decide whether or not to take the plunge. And the truth is that everything I read here turned out to be exactly what TE is all about and can do to change the course of your life. Granted I don't know other bootcamps as I only experienced this one, but I have nothing but positive things to relate regarding picking TE as your bootcamp.

The curriculum, support, fellow people in your cohort, and pathway program that preps you to enter the job market, were all vital to delivering an immersive, intensive, yet guided 14-week experience to set you up to enter the tech world. Most importantly,  the instructors were very supportive and always available to huddle up and work with you on whatever you were struggling with. Quite honestly I found no real downsides to the program.

Everything culminates with matchmaking in weeks 10 & 11 where you are paired with hiring partners in your area. Not everyone finds jobs through this, and I don't know percentage-wise what it amounted to in my cohort, but many people were hired from this process right out of bootcamp, including myself. Not many bootcamps have this to offer -- which is why I personally wanted to go with TE over others. They are known in the industry and people trust the graduates that come out of the program.

Full disclosure: I had no previous coding experience or exposure prior to this. Neither did many of my peers who quickly found jobs within weeks of finishing the program. I think that if you are reasonably intelligent, motivated, and willing to fully invest your mental and emotional state, you will succeed. If you lack discipline and get discouraged quickly, coding is likely not for you, and going to bootcamp won't serve you any good. However, you don't have to be a technical genius to figure out how to write code and develop software. Don't doubt yourself and go in knowing you will have to push yourself day in and day out and you will be fine.

Hope this helps others who were in my shoes not too long ago.
  • Neil H.  User Photo
    Neil H. • Full-Stack Java Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have been wanting to break into Tech for many years and I did a lot of research into my options including looking into self-study, degrees, certifications, etc. In the end, I went with the Tech Elevator bootcamp because the following reasons:

• You get a high-quality, structured, curated curriculum that gives you the foundation for success
    • The program and your peers truly motivate and inspire you
    • The career coaching and networking really help you with the hardest part, landing your first tech job

In hindsight, it's the best decision I could have made. The instructors were deeply experienced and truly cared about each students success. The other students in the program were very diverse and enriched the program with their unique backgrounds and perspectives, in fact, I've made lasting friendships with many. The curriculum itself, while challenging, gave you confidence during recruitment and the skills to go from not knowing a single line of code to being able to develop fully functional web applications. Last, but not least, the career coaching and networking opportunities gave us an edge in getting our foot into the door with our first tech job.

On a final note, I will say that success in this program ultimate depends on you but having a professional training environment and being able to leverage the reputation and industry connections that Tech Elevator offers, in my opinion, is what sets it apart.

Best of luck in your endeavors.
  • Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Software Engineer 1 • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The TE experience is the full deal.  There are knowledgeable teachers who strive to see the students succeed.  Often times I had access to help beyond expectation.  The curriculum covers the full stack, mostly on the language of the cohort you are attending.  There is definitely enough education on the other portions (databases and front end) to prepare you for an entry level role.  I found I was able to self-teach and build upon my lessons during my time after the bootcamp to better prepare for some of the roles I was applying for.

Another fantastic aspect of TE is the pathway program.  They have experienced recruiters who help you understand all the ins and the outs of the industry and the job search.  There are countless helpful events from exposing you to companies, practicing elevator pitches, refining your resume, and even interview coaching.  This was a much more valuable aspect of the bootcamp than I anticipated.

I found that the job search is quite challenging.  You must have a lot of mental and emotional fortitude to endure the course and subsequent job hunt but the rewards are there for those willing to put in the effort.

Class mates were helpful, the environment was always supportive, and the best advice I can give you is to get extra sleep and learn to ask for help early and often.
  • Rebecca  User Photo
    Rebecca • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    TL;DR: The program worked for me. Seriously, I loved it.
    Why? I graduated from Tech Elevator's fully remote 14-week full-stack Java bootcamp in February 2022 and accepted a job offer in software engineering four weeks later.
    Initial impressions: I was drawn to TE's focus on career development and job placement -- and its transparency in sharing those metrics. Another thing that compelled me to enroll was the ease with which I was able to get information about the program itself. The website was organized and I had a chance to learn specficis and ask questions during a virtual open house. (If a bootcamp's website leaves you confused -- if you can't get answers to simple questions from program reps -- that's a red flag.)
    HOWEVER: Will this work for me??? I mean, leaving your job (and maybe an established career, like I did) is a big deal and there's no guarantee you'll thrive or succeed. Also: Are bootcamps, like, still relevant? Are there really that many unfilled jobs and opportunities for bootcamp grads? Will I regret leaving my job? Am I too old for this? Am I a sucker??? (OK -- I'm taking some dramatic license here but you get the point: I am a bit of a skeptic.)
    And then ... The instructors. The program. The career development. The coursework. The book! (Yes, there is a book that you can read and study and have access to after you graduate. I took a part-time, six-month Trilogy bootcamp in 2017 and there was no book. Having pages makes a HUGE difference IMO.) As soon as the program started it all clicked for me: I absolutely felt I had made the right decision. My instructor was enthusiastic, so knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, organized, etc. etc. She answered tons of questions every day. She cared. She was a professional instructor, to boot! And the Pathway Program was excellent also. You get so much career advice and meet industry professionals and companies and former students. They set you up for success. They celebrate your excitement about taking the plunge. It's a fully supportive, professional, exciting environment and I only wish it had been a bit longer because I truly enjoyed every moment of it.
    Final thoughts: This program worked for me, but it's not easy. You have to work at it. Be dedicated. Give it 110%. If you do enroll, take it all in. Enjoy every opportunity they present to you and give it your all. You deserve it.

• Ziye  User Photo
    Ziye • Software Design Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was a bit long run before I got accepted by this bootcamp. I was wondering why it takes such long process to send my money to a bootcamp.... When the course finally started, I realized that they wanted to make sure you have a good understanding about what you will learn and what you will experience during the program. Many people around me doubted if I can really switch my career after several years of another great career. Here I want to say, don't doubt about yourself if you really want to make a change! Tech Elevator helps me successfully switch my career. I was considering taking a graduate CS course or taking a bootcamp. I am glad now that I chose the latter.

My instructor - Greg, TA - Kevin and all Pathway program people really helps me whenever I need them, but only during weekdays.... Most of the time, it's not I went to talk with them, it's they came to talk with me. Until now, I still feel unbelievable that I can really make applications that I want through 3 months of learning experience!

And most important part, they try to introduce many great companies in the matchmaking event. So you can really talk with the hiring recruiters from each company you are interested in. They are all great IT and financial companies all over the nation.

The only thing that I found a bit disappointed is, some company was hiring during matchmaking, and then during the further hiring process, they decide not to hire at that time. The job market is up and down, you never know... But I'm glad that I still find an ideal job!

Big shout to Tech Elevator!!

• Chris Miles  User Photo
    Chris Miles • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I couldn't be happier with my decision to attend Tech Elevator.

The program was intense but the tradeoff is thoroughness. A typical day consisted of lectures in the morning and afternoon, followed by homework assignment and finally Pathway events/training. The Pathway component of the program was extremely valuable. It consisted of resume building, LinkedIn tweaking, networking, as well as facilitating both mock and legitimate interviews with hiring managers in the area.

The instructors were experienced and always willing to answer questions and spend more time explaining more difficult coding concepts. The program was divided into 3 modules. The first being backend programming, we went over data structures, algorithms, etc.. as well as had mini projects to complete over the weekends with a partner. The second module consisted of learning about relational databases and how to query them with what was learned in the first module. The third module consisted of frontend languages and frameworks. All culminating in a final capstone project where teams of 3-4 students built a full stack application and demo'd it in front of friends, family, peers, and potential employers.

It was overwhelming at times trying to balance homework, group projects and my outside life but nothing worth having comes without effort and/or sacrifice. I'm pleased to say I've received 4 offers since graduating Tech Elevator and all being software engineer/developer roles.
  • Kevin  User Photo
    Kevin • Java Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're reading this, you're probably considering if Tech Elevator is worth it.  Emphatically yes.  You might find yourself asking, "can I do this?".   And again yes, but only if you can be disciplined.  This is not an In/Out program.  This requires you to focus and spend time learning.

I wish I could say, "sign up and you'll change your life".  But fortunately, this program will push you to the edge of your potential.  This is a good thing.  Imposter Syndrome is real in this field, so it is good to enter it with the mindset that you are more capable than you previously gave yourself credit for.  Companies are looking for people that know how to code and can deal with pressure.  This program will provide both, as long as you commit.

Before being accepted, you must go through a behavioral assessment and take a test (mostly logic, no programming knowledge required).  If you are accepted, you have what it takes to complete this program, remember that.   This program consists of 12 weeks of instruction culminating in a 2 week Final Capstone project.  You will be exposed to frontend and backend technologies.  You will complete projects through this program, but to really shine to employers, you should also complete some of your own projects.

The part of this program that makes it stand out is the Pathway program.  At times you may feel like it is not going to be helpful for your career and you should probably be spending the time coding.  However, Pathway is how you get a job.  It provides invaluable networking and personal skills that make you stand out.  Take the Pathway program as seriously as you do the technical side of the program.

The technical side of this program will give you the tools to excel in your new career.  You have to learn how to use them.  The instructors and TA's are incredible and will provide you with everything you need to succeed.  Shout out to Rich, Greg, and Jess for being awesome.

I have nothing but positive things to say about this program.  It has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.
  • Joshua Steele  User Photo
    Joshua Steele • Software Engineer I • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're looking for a coding bootcamp that, in addition to teaching you the basics of software development, will also give you the coaching and practice you need in order to find your first job in tech, then take a VERY close look at Tech Elevator!

I attended Tech Elevator remotely via the Pittsburgh campus in Fall 2021. I came in with extremely little programming experience, and with no actual experience/employment in the industry. The bootcamp was a lot of work, but I'm now working as a Software Engineer I and thoroughly enjoying my work!

Do your research. Take Tech Elevator's aptitude test. Make sure you're a motivated learner who is OK with struggling (and failing) while learning something difficult and complicated.

If you're willing to put in the work, then Tech Elevator will get you where you want to go!
  • Amazing Bootcamp
    - 3/17/2022
    James Caserta  User Photo
    James Caserta • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was definitely a life changing bootcamp. I highly recommend it. I worked as a cook for over a decade and decided to take the leap into the world of programming. I had close to no experience with programming and they turned that around in 3 months. It is very intense, and I felt like quitting many times. Imposter syndrome was prevalent the whole time. The support from my fellow classmates, teachers, and pathway directors was amazing and never ending. It helped to keep me going. The job hunt was strenuous, and my will to keep looking fluctuated. Tech Elevator continued to help me search for almost 6 months until I finally accepted a position. The endless support is there. You can complete the program, and you will find a job.
  • Life Changing
    - 2/25/2022
    Drew Atkins  User Photo
    Drew Atkins • Software Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was hesitant. So very hesitant. If it's too good to be true, it likely isn't true.

*Setting the scene*
    I have a friend who is a Ruby developer and went to a coding bootcamp some time ago, and after finding out how he broke into tech, I was curious. Could I do one of these camps? Could I even get in? I researched, just as you guys are - on Course report, Youtube, Reddit, anywhere I could find info on these bootcamps. I knew that I needed an in-person learning experience because that's how I best learn. I was ready to move to California, Texas, NY - wherever I needed to go - to go to one of these bootcamps. If you're investing this much money into something, make sure that you are in the most ideal situation possible because you will try to find excuses when it's not working out like you think it should be.

Only two of the several dozens bootcamps I reached out to were doing in-person learning... DevMountain in Iowa (Or Idaho I can't remember), and Tech Elevator in Cincinnati, Ohio. Since I'm local to Lexington, KY (roughly 50 minutes to Cincy) it was a no-brainer that Tech Elevator was my best choice. However, still being cautious, I reached out to people on LinkedIn from both bootcamps. Both had good things to say, but Tech Elevator's feedback was so overwhelmingly positive that I was even more skeptical. Is there some type of affiliate program - where alumni get paid to bring in new people? There has to be, because I am asking questions to the alumni that would list out some of the cons. The only con was - "It's really challenging." Well, I had gathered that much.

After reaching out to the administration about the affiliate program, they confirmed they do have one. Well crap. I knew it was ruse. Too good to be true. I say how much do they get paid? "$50 if someone makes it to like week 6 of the program." $50? That's it? Well, maybe I'm just the nicest person In the world, but I'm not going to lie to a stranger to convince them to spend $16,000 for $50. So that made me think the responses I was getting were a lot more genuine.

I commit. I take the aptitude test, pass somehow, and get accepted. Awesome.  I put in my two weeks at my job in preparation, and with two days left on my notice - they switch back from in-person, to purely remote because of the local covid numbers.
    Crap man. I researched bootcamps for so long with the goal of finding in-person learning *in a pandemic* only to be set back again. Given, I don't have a job in two days... so I say - "Let's do the thing."

---------------------
    What a whirlwind of 14 weeks. Blood (okay probably not), sweat, tears - it was tough. There were some character defining moments in this bootcamp. I was googling "Jobs in tech that don't require coding" in like week 4. But the support that I received from the instructors, the tech elevator staff, and my classmates was ~exceptional~

Maybe I got lucky with my cohort, but I've made friendships that will last a lifetime, we were up till 1-2am some nights finishing our homework, and dissecting the code. There was never a moment where one of our classmates left another one out to dry. We were a team, and always showed gratitude when our classmates helped one another.

I watched classmates of mine with no technical experience struggle to open up folders at the start of the cohort - only to get jobs paying twice as much as what they've ever made, right after graduation.

The learning experience and the job that I received after bootcamp.. If I could have seen into the future, I would have paid twice as much to have the outcome that I had.
    -----------------------

Improvements?

Honestly I feel like I'm nit-picking but - potentially having a professor that solely worked weekends would be great. Our professors were always readily available for us during the weekend, but I always felt guilty messaging them. Like I know this guy is just wanting to watch the Bengals play in peace, and I'm asking him to help more than he already does. So having someone where their sole purpose is to be available on the weekends would be ideal.

-----------------------

Truly elevated. *ba-dum-tsk*

In all seriousness, I cannot recommend Tech Elevator enough (specifically the Cincy campus, but I'm sure their other campuses are great too). If anyone needs any other questions - feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn.

• Steven Garcia  User Photo
    Steven Garcia • Jr. Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's funny to think that not so long ago I was on Course Report looking at reviews about Tech Elevator and other boot camps. It is hard to believe that someone can change their career in such a short amount of time but I am a testament that it is possible. Prior to Tech Elevator, I was a restoration ecologist for an environmental non-profit. I needed a big change and was interested in coding and Technology. The combination of TE's curriculum, highly qualified staff, the Represent Tech Scholarship, and the Pathway Program (what truly sets this boot camp apart) was what made me pick this boot camp over the other ones.

As a student everything met my expectations and many times exceeded them. The curriculum is well designed with consistent learning materials that are well written with clear examples. The combination of readings from the textbook, lecture, and exercises gives you a great opportunity to learn a lot and learn it quickly. Yes, the pacing of this boot camp is intense and will be very challenging at times, but I found it to be very fun and engaging. Part of that is how TE presents the material to you and the support you receive and give from fellow students. I did some courses on Javascript some months prior to starting the boot camp, it is not necessary but I found that I was way more prepared and familiar with the material which made the learning curve a little bit more manageable. Recommended but not needed.

The Pathway Program helps hone in on how to best present yourself to land that job. Yes, technical skills are important but being able to "sell" yourself effectively is half of the battle. They help you develop your elevator pitch, resume, and countless other important aspects of your applications. Additionally, TE helps connect you with their large network of hiring partners. I truly believe that the Pathway Program is the biggest reason why I received an offer.

If you love to code and want to make a big change in your life then TE is a high-quality choice. I will be starting my first position as a Junior Software Engineer in February and I have TE to thank for that. It will be a challenging couple of weeks, but if you focus, put in the hard work, and never give up, you'll be rewarded for it and hey you'll have lots of fun and meet great people too.
  • Brad Quinton  User Photo
    Brad Quinton • Software Developer Associate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I remember being in the shoes you are in right now, i.e., debating on whether or not you should apply to Tech Elevator, quit your job, and spend 3 and a 1/2 months essentially learning how to converse in a foreign language like a native of that language.  I remember the doubts that kept creeping in:  I'm not good enough, I'm going to fail miserably and let myself and my loved ones down, I'm too old to switch careers, this is a young person's game, I'm going to waste all that tuition money, etc.  So, how did I pierce through all of that and ultimately make the decision to attend Tech Elevator, and what was my experience like?

Whenever doubt crept in, I kept reminding myself that I'm capable, that I'm worth it, that my loved ones believe in me, that there was still something missing in my career that I needed to change, and most importantly that not trying is far worse than trying and failing.  And I'm incredibly happy that I made the decision.

I will be honest in this review and tell you that it's very challenging.  There is a lot of work to do, a lot of exercises to complete, a lot of concepts to understand, a lot of hitting a wall and pulling your hair out trying to figure out why your test is failing or your code is not compiling.  You will have late nights, and you will have to get out of your comfort zone and work with other classmates on homework, paired-programming exercises, and capstone projects.  You will have to accept that there may be times when you need to ask for help.  But I'm telling you that it's all worth it.  It is a crucible through which you enter as someone that you and your loved ones are very familiar with, and you come out a different, changed, better person.  You will find out that you are a lot stronger, braver, and smarter than you think you are.  You will realize quickly that your fear of looking stupid is the same fear that everyone else has.  You will realize that others want to see you succeed as much as you do, and as a result will help you, and you will in turn help them.

The instructors are amazing, the graduate assistants are amazing, the Pathway program is amazing, the curriculum is amazing.  It's all amazing.  And if you're worried about having to work remotely like I was (due to COVID), I can attest that it was actually more comfortable and just as effective, if not more.  They have mastered leveraging existing technology to make the student experience enjoyable, easy, and totally conducive to achieving success.

Take it from me, a 41 year-old former teacher, with a lifelong cache of self-doubt and self-criticism and enough imposter syndrome to fill a psychology textbook.  I made the choice to apply, then I made the choice to attend after being accepted, then I made the choice to wake up everyday and give it 100%, then I made the choice to stick with it through all of the doubt, and so on and so on.  I made a series of choices and just kept making them, until I got an actual job as a software developer in the industry, just before graduating from the program.  And choosing Tech Elevator is a choice I can't recommend enough.  It will change your life.

Pros and cons
    The technology they use made it easy to learn and work with classmates remotely.  The instructors taught us everything we needed to know and did so incredibly effectively.  The graduate assistant and instructors were available throughout the day for help when you need it.  The curriculum was great.  The Pathway program was absolutely critical and was a huge reason why I was able to get a job in the industry.  There are many pros, too many to count.

It's not cheap.  However, for what you get, I think it's a steal.  If you can secure funding (loan, savings, income share agreement, etc), then it's not so bad, especially since there are many loans that have very reasonable terms and conditions.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.