digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Online, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and on-site school offering full-time and part-time software development bootcamps. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site Teaching Assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts are their Electives, a variety of complimentary remote workshops and technical talks exclusively available to students and alumni as continuing education.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students. DigitalCrafts $1MM "You Belong in Tech" Scholarship Fund provides automatic scholarships to underrepresented people in tech.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (289) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (38) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Cybersecurity (Full-Time)

LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    More details coming soon! Applications are expected to open by June 2021 (if not earlier). Reach out to our team at admissions@digitalcrafts.com to learn more.
  • DigitalCrafts UX Design (Full-Time)

User Experience Design
    Start Date September 7, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    Applications opening soon! Throughout the online UX Design 14-week program, students will learn the ins and outs of what is necessary to begin a career in UX Design. Key concepts covered throughout the program include: UX Design Fundamentals, Information Architecture, UI Design, Interaction Design, UX Engineering, Design Leadership
    You may finance your tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    September 7, 2021 - Online
    January 24, 2022 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Web Development (Full-time)

Start Date May 3, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    This online 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    You may finance your tuition with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipYou Belong In Tech Scholarship: Automatic partial scholarships to Black, Latinx and women students. We also sponsor The Builder Scholarship, awarded by committee to builders with especially compelling stories, achievements and goals.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    May 3, 2021 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2021 - Atlanta
    May 3, 2021 - Houston
    June 1, 2021 - Houston
  • DigitalCrafts Web Development (Part-time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, REST, GitHub
    Start Date April 20, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    The online 26-Week Web Development program is the part-time version of our full-time program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack web development projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Finance tuition with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    May 18, 2021 - Houston
    June 15, 2021 - Houston
  • Kimberly Long  User Photo
    Kimberly Long • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose to go to DigitalCrafts because I knew a few successful people who came out fo the program. The program is fast paced. Once it starts , you hit the ground running. Some people need more time than others on extra studying , especially the prep before starting the program. I suggest anyone going to DigitalCrafts thoroughly go through the prerequisite work before starting. You'll have a much easier time where you can use the full potential of the program. The teachers are extremely knowledgable and want you to succeed. Veronica was the name of my teacher and she was so impressive and so engaging. They have Developers In Residence , to help through out the classes and mentorships for those seeking extra help. Not to mention after hours help for when you need it.
    After graduation there are learning tools and LOTS of help in the job search. They really want you to SUCCEED!
  • Andrea Myers  User Photo
    Andrea Myers • Software Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience at Digital Crafts. I self-taught for a while and learned a lot but had no direction as to how to apply and connect the different things I was learning. At DC I learned how all these different languages and frameworks work together and got a really well-rounded understanding of software development. My instructor, Veronica, was really great and SO knowledgeable. I made some really great friendships with my classmates and got very comfortable working in teams on projects and pair programming - a very valuable skill when looking for jobs down the road. Highly recommend!
  • Worth it!
    - 4/1/2021
    John Nutter  User Photo
    John Nutter • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really enjoyed the DigitalCrafts experience. Great instructors providing a solid foundational course. I left feeling confident about my ability to code as a developer. Highly recommended!
  • Jason W.  User Photo
    Jason W. • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have a background in construction and building, but had no experience in software. After attending DigitalCrafts online bootcamp I came out confident in the job market and with a tool belt filled with the latest cutting edge technologies and languages! My instructors really cared about my success in the course and were always willing to stay after hours to make sure I wasn't lost. Don't get me wrong, bootcamps are really hard, especially for someone with no background in software, but it's not impossible. DigitalCrafts is there to help you navigate through your new way of thinking in the tech world and will do everything in their power to ensure you are well prepared for the job search after.
  • William Thompson  User Photo
    William Thompson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall a great and challenging experience. Coding in itself can be very daunting and seem almost impossible to figure out, yet over my 26 weeks at digital crafts I learned not only how to code but how to keep learning. The teachers were knowledgeable and human, by that I mean they understood that we have our own lives and can't always make time to code.
  • Well worth it
    - 3/5/2021
    Andrew Bell  User Photo
    Andrew Bell • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I just graduated from the online flex full stack bootcamp.  Was pretty good.  I'm definitely a better developer now than when I started (I already work in the field), and they provide a lot of support for job search.  Would recommend.
  • Keith Willis  User Photo
    Keith Willis • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I graduated from Digital Crafts in July 2020. I went into the cohort with very little coding experience and just completed the pre-requisites that were assigned before we started instruction. I started my first job as a software developer on August 5th, 2020. So Digital Crafts did supply me the tools and instruction necessary to actually get a job as a programmer.

Things I liked:
    My instructor was Mr.Azam and I really enjoyed being in his cohort. His teaching style was great for learning how to code. He would give you the basics and let you struggle with the code and figure out how to make it work on your own before asking for help. I believe this set me up for success in my job because I now have to figure every issue out without any external help. Also Mr.Azam did a good job teaching via zoom even though we planned on doing an in person class.

The material I learned was exactly what I am using every day at work. I work in React, Firebase, and node.js. The material they teach is relevant and modern.

Career week really helped me set up a decent portfolio and resume to have me confident enough to apply for jobs. Expect to spend hours job searching as they can set you up but you still have to do the searching. I found a job in the last week of class but I also spent 5-6 hours a day applying for jobs.

Overall I recommend Digital Crafts but expect to do a lot of work yourself as at the end of the day you get out of it what you put in.

Things I didn't like:
    My only negative thing to say about Digital Crafts was I paid for a full-time in person course. Due to Covid we were unable to go in person until the last few weeks of my cohort. I felt like I didn't get my full tuitions worth as I was looking forward to using the facilities at the physical location and learning in person. I understand it is not the fault of Digital Crafts that covid restricted our in person studies, but I feel as though they should have discounted the price of everyone who was in our cohort. As we weren't provided exactly what we originally signed up for.

• Tyler Nguyen  User Photo
    Tyler Nguyen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Full curriculum that touches all aspects of the coding experience! You'll learn various languages like Python and Javascript while touching on frameworks like React, Node, and much more. They'll teach you to build real world application that you actually deploy! The staff is great and they're always one message away. They have people who can help you with building a resume, finding a job, further help outside of class time, and much more through Slack, a communication platform. The environment is engaging and you never feel left out, regardless of your skill level. All instructors and DIR's (developer in residence) are happy to help with any problems you face.

The community you have doesn't go away after you graduate. You'll be moved to an alumni channel where there are always people there to help and designated recruiters finding positions for you. The amount of help you get goes far beyond graduation and that was the best aspect of DigitalCrafts for me.
  • Great Experience!
    - 2/24/2021
    Andres Santana  User Photo
    Andres Santana • Student Verified via GitHub
    Coding Bootcamps are not an easy thing. I had a great experience at DigitalCrafts. By the time I graduated my classmates became family. I think getting through the struggle together made us a lot stronger. If you are thinking about doing stop, take the decision to change your life. My recommendation is to do the pre-work mainly in Javascript and Node.
  • Wes Hedrick  User Photo
    Wes Hedrick • Just graduated Verified via GitHub
    The statement "culture eats strategy for breakfast" means that no matter how good your strategy is, it will not work without a good culture. DigitalCrafts has both strategy and culture. The curriculum is valuable: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node, Express, AWS. By the time you're done, you'll be manipulating the DOM, (or the Virtual DOM if you work in React), wiring up backends to create interactive data-based websites, and deploying your work on the internet. You will get the content you so desperately need.

But with DC you'll get a lot more. The people at DC make the difference. They know you. The instructors and teacher assistants are extremely supportive. Our instructor was dedicated to helping each student get to the next level, and I saw DigitalCrafts make hard decisions that demonstrated their commitment to student success.
  • A Great Bootcamp
    - 2/19/2021
    Chad Reynolds  User Photo
    Chad Reynolds • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had no prior coding experience except the coursework provided (by DigitalCrafts) prior to starting the class. The course is by nature fast-paced. You learn a lot in 4 months but by the end I felt I had a pretty good grasp of software development and had a great base for further growth as junior level developer. So much of this is just learning how to structure certain things and how to think about a problem and go about solving it. Once you have that ability you can easily pick up additional skills and techniques on your own. Having someone there to be able to easily point out, correct, and explain mistakes you make in the process early on is a big help vs trying to pick it up on something like an online course where you're by yourself. Class was 3 hours in the morning with a 1 hour lunch followed by 3 hours in the evening with nightly homework the first few months that tapered off as we got into project building later in the course.

I was full-time online due to the covid pandemic and classes were taught via Zoom. Students had the option to go into private rooms on Zoom after a lesson to get clarification on the topic previously covered if needed.

Pros
    Covered a wide range of topics that are relevant to what is in demand in the industry today with a curriculum that is regularly updated. Instructors very helpful and time was provided outside of class to review what we learned with one of the other instructors.

Cons
    Course is fast-paced but that's the nature of the learning model and any bootcamp style coding course. We spent a few weeks covering Python at the start but after that we primarily used JavaScript for the remainder of the course. I felt like Python could have better used (or more often) along with Javascript.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.