avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (126) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
    Multiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
    $5000 up-front
    $5500 at-graduation
    7% of first years salary
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
    Prep WorkUX/UI Foundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
  • Best choice
    - 8/5/2022
    Michelle Arrieta  User Photo
    Michelle Arrieta • UX designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    By far the best investment on my future, Jump start was a great program that had a well rounded curriculum with 1:1 mentorship , peer support and job ready experience.

• Career Jumpstart
    - 8/5/2022
    Val Sanchez  User Photo
    Val Sanchez • UX Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started career jumpstart at the beginning of March where I got to practice my UX skills with different team members and work on several projects for real clients. The Career Jumpstart program is full of support from peers and mentors who are there for you if you need something or have questions related to UX and entry jobs. I landed a job within 2 months of searching and never felt more confident while interviewing different recruiters and hiring managers. The way the program is structured makes it easy for anyone to succeed and land a job as long as you complete all the tasks and put in your own effort. Overall, loved the program and it truly changed my life. I am super grateful for everyone I met and worked with!
  • UX Strategist
    - 7/18/2022
    Teddy Laguerre  User Photo
    Teddy Laguerre • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Avocademy is an 8-week hands-on Boot camp that prepares you for the UX/UI world. Taking this boot camp was one of the best decisions I ever made. Making a career change was scary but after completing this boot camp I feel confident in the skills I have acquired.
  • Life changing!
    - 7/12/2022
    Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Experience Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
    Avocademy was literally life changing for me. Over the span of five months, I completed the UX/UI foundations course, joined Career Jumpstart, and found a six figure job as an experience designer. Sure, you can learn UX/UI online on your own or from any other bootcamp, but Avocademy is special because of its active community, unlimited access to mentorship, real world projects, and guides to help at every single point through the job application process. I would highly recommend Avocademy to anyone interested in becoming a designer and I feel so incredibly grateful and happy that I found Avocademy.
  • Steffi Teo  User Photo
    Steffi Teo • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I learned so much about UX design from Avocademy! The lessons were very informative and helpful, and I could work at my own pace. The mentors were very helpful and encouraging, and they were always willing to meet to give feedback and advice when needed. As a teacher transitioning into UX, I completed the course during the school year and felt the workload was very manageable. The fact that it didn't cost $15,000 to learn UX design was great, and I would recommend Avocademy to anyone looking for a UX design bootcamp!
  • UX/UI Foundations
    - 6/28/2022
    Lucy Carrion  User Photo
    Lucy Carrion • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Amazing boot camp! I was surprised at how good this community was to me. I graduated from university with an IT degree where I mostly learned how to do code. I ended up disliking it a lot so I was looking for another option that's when I found Avocademy by scrolling around on Facebook it came up to me as an ad. Since I was searching for something design related and IT-related I ran into UX design.  I loved how the modules were set up and the mentorship is probably the strongest thing about this boot camp. Not only did this boot camp seem affordable to me it was also a program I was never pressured to join. I took my time before I decided to join Avocademy and I definitely don't regret it! They want to you see be successful you're not another number to them you will feel welcomed from day one!
  • UX/UI Foundations
    - 6/28/2022
    Maria Kravets  User Photo
    Maria Kravets • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Avocademy has been one of the best investments I've ever made and I only found out about UX Design in September of 2021.

I found out about UX scrolling through TikTok and after doing some research for a couple of weeks, decided to commit a bit more. I wasn't ready to invest in Avocademy yet so I started Google's UX Design Certification. It is definitely very informative and useful but with peer review really being the only kind of feedback I was receiving, I knew I needed something that gave me access to individuals already knowledgable about UX. I completed the first three modules of Google's certification before deciding to invest in Avocademy two months later.

I worked my way through the Foundations course from January 2022 through April 2022. The recommended timeline is ~2 months for this but as it always does, life happens and I took 2 extra months. My mentors worked with me on this (which I'm very grateful for) and helped make the transition to Career Jumpstart easier.

By far, the mentors and the quality of content in this course were my favorite things. You can tell the team genuinely wants you to succeed and there's a great feeling of community as you learn and progress alongside other budding designers. I think I've raved about Avocademy to at least 20 people at this point :D

The investment was under $1500, which was a major pro because during my research I found that many bootcamps ran upwards of $7000, and you have access to the modules even after you finish foundations in case you need to brush up on some things. There are also soooo many great resources outside of the Avocademy recommended in the course. Books, websites, articles, (probably podcasts too but I can't remember), it's amazing.

My two biggest complaints (because I wouldn't personally trust a review without any kind of cons)
    - Not having the same mentor reviewing your work. There were a few times when I'd have to re-explain my project and justify my choices to different mentors and have someone find something wrong that another mentor didn't point out (though you could also argue that this is an upside)
    - The turn-around time for assignments. This isn't really something that can be fixed much (maybe with more mentors?) because nobody can be working around the clock checking student work but there were times where there were 3-4 days between submitting an assignment and receiving feedback. For a lot of modules, you could work ahead while waiting for your work to be reviewed, but some (bigger deliverables) couldn't be started until you received feedback.

All that being said, I'm happy to have completed Foundations and happy to be in Career Jumpstart. Avocademy came in at a crucial point in my life when I've needed to make some big changes and pivot and they've made it much easier to do that. I'd definitely recommend it if you're on the fence!
  • Mia Lopez  User Photo
    Mia Lopez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a service industry worker post covid, I found  myself at a dead end office job in order to pay the bills. I graduated with a BFA in 2019 but was at a complete loss for entering the professional industry.
    What the heck was I going to do that involved creativity? Cue Avocademy popping up on my TikTok feed. As an artist by trade I was vaguely familiar with UX/UI design, and the further I looked into the more concrete I became about my decision.
    I honestly was very skeptical at first, but Avocademy offered everything I was looking for: Access to mentors and the opportunity to continue the advanced program for job placement assistance. The team was exceptional! I moved twice during the 8-week course and they graciously offered me an extension each time. I personally took closer to 12 weeks to finish foundations, but I felt supported at every phase. The mentor empathy & involvement was incredible! Feedback was always accompanied by additional knowledge of why it was made. The program itself is split into different modules and has tutorial videos, links & resources for every step of learning the design process. I was grateful to be able to work at my own pace, and by the end of it I graduated with a completed first protect and a portfolio! If you’re serious about switching careers, and can dedicate a few hours every week, this is THE course. I loved it so much I am currently enrolled in the second Career Jumpstart (CJ) course!
  • Savanna  User Photo
    Savanna • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After pursuing a master's degree during a pandemic, I was burnt out. I lost passion for what I was doing and really did not know where to go. That all changed from a TikTok I saw talking about Avocademy. Avocademy's wonderful Foundations program gave me the tools to succeed in the UX/UI field. I was able to learn at my own pace and find a new passion within the tech industry. The resources and support of mentors are what make this program unique. Creating my own project and connecting with other students gave me the confidence to continue on this journey in their Career Jumpstart program. I am loving every minute of it and I am incredibly thankful for them! As long as you put in the work you will see results!
    - 6/24/2022
    Lidia A  User Photo
    Lidia A • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have take other courses and done a lot of self research and avocademy is truly special. The course organizes the information in a way that makes it easy to understand and includes information I may not had watched on my own. Having the mentors help really made a difference , their feedback allows you to grow and notice details you may not have otherwise and the support from everyone around you really helps when you feel defeated . It is a great environment to learn and I am glad I found Avocademy .
  • Student and Mentor
    - 6/24/2022
    Marianna Pinto  User Photo
    Marianna Pinto • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Avocademy delivers the best courses that get you ready to tackle real-world design projects!
  • Brittany Botset  User Photo
    Brittany Botset • Product Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This program has been life-changing for me - I just accepted a job offer after ~3.5 months of the Career Jumpstart Program Overall. I spent a little over 2 months working on projects with designers across the country for REAL clients and then my job search lasted 41 days!

After finishing my foundations course with Avocademy, I enrolled in Career Jumpstart. The community of mentors and designers is incredible - they genuinely want everyone to succeed and break into tech. The staff and mentors are there for you every step of the way from reviewing assignments in a timely fashion to being available any time of day (morning or evening) for zoom meetings to talk about UX/UI, practice all kinds of interviews, and for anything else you need. I love that this program gave me the opportunity to work with real clients - this really gave me an advantage over students coming from other bootcamps and allowed me to land a job that wanted someone with 3+ years of experience. The whole experience is fun and upbeat as avocados are mentioned a lot, but also very informative and focused on real-life applications. I feel well prepared as I'm about to start my first full-time role as a product designer.