avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (91) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
    Multiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
    $5000 up-front
    $5500 at-graduation
    7% of first years salary
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
    Prep WorkUX/UI Foundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
  • Ibrahim Kaba  User Photo
    Ibrahim Kaba • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I feel like the mentors at Avocademy delivered on their promise when it came to teaching me the basics of UX! They provided me with a ton of information!
  • Amber  User Photo
    Amber • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Avocademy because of the unlimited mentor access and job placement help and I was correct to do so! From the beginning, you have people in your corner to help with whatever you need. When I had trouble understanding something, there was always a mentor to answer questions or help me talk through things. And then they were there for every step of the job process in Career Jumpstart. They help you build your portfolio, write your resume, interview prep, and even negotiate. It was hard work, but I am so excited I did it.
    I'm thrilled I chose Avocademy for this experience. I made a 75% pay bump from my previous position in just 3 weeks of applying!
  • UX bootcamp
    Val Sanchez   User Photo
    Val Sanchez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Avocademy is truly one of the best bootcamps out there. I am still mind blown at the amount of knowledge I have learned with this program. I went from knowing nothing about UX to working with real clients and bettering all my skills. I finished the first portion of the bootcamp in about 6 weeks and had so much mentorship throughout the course. I loved that I made connections with people taking the course with me but also with all the mentors that helped me and that work at this big tech companies. I am now in the second portion of the course and I have loved it so so much so far. I love to do UX and learn from others by working on all these projects. Really thankful for Maca and Alex for creating this course
  • The greatest
    Olivia   User Photo
    Olivia • DSP • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     A great and affordable way to learn UX/UI design! I was able to complete the foundations course in about 10 weeks. I needed some extensions, and Student Success was so understanding about it. 10 weeks is pretty good considering that I had a full time job while completing the coursework. The actual coursework itself in my opinion was great! Everything is broken up into modules, and in each module there may be several activities to complete. The only thing that I can see being a potential issue for some people is the amount of reading. I recommend taking good notes on each article because they have very valuable information, but if this is not your learning style, don't worry because you have unlimited access to mentoring! The mentors are extremely helpful and you should definitely schedule frequent calls with them to make sure you're on track. Over all, the vibe was genuine. Maca (CEO) and the mentors clearly all want us to succeed, they go above and beyond to help us out. Throughout the entire duration of completing the coursework , I felt supported and hopeful for a better future. (I am a 20 year old college drop out) Avocademy does help students with job search in their Career Jumpstart program, however I marked job assistance "Not Applicable" because I haven't completed it yet and this review is specifically for the UX/UI foundations course.
  • Razel  User Photo
    Razel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course is definitely worth it! For a while now, I've been wanting to switch careers and take a UX Design Bootcamp. However, all the other boot camps cost way more than what I could afford, until I found Avocademy. It was too good to be true. The Foundations course really goes into detail on how to create your first project. I enjoyed every aspect of the course from the videos to all the readings and applying everything that I learned to my project. You get unlimited mentorship which is something other boot camps don't offer. What is also great about this Bootcamp is being able to attend an online speaker talk that features various designers from other companies and they talk about their experiences as well as any tips and knowledge that they can share with the students. I highly reccommend this boot camp if you are struggling to find one.
  • Ux Design
    Chris   User Photo
    Chris • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course saved me! I wasn’t sure where to go in my career since most UX courses are over $10k, but this was super affordable! It has unlimited mentoring and superb job placement when you join the second part of the course. Fully reccomend!
  • Emerald De La Cruz  User Photo
    Emerald De La Cruz • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Once I came to the realization UX/UI Design is what I wanted to do career-wise, it came down to which boot camp to enroll in.

From doing research on various boot camps, one concern I remember hearing about was students not being taught how to use design tools (e.g. figma) and that it was a “learn it on your own” type of situation.

When I reached out to Avocademy, I was assured students were taught how to use design tools. So with the cost of the Avocademy bootcamp with this reassurance, I took the leap to enroll and I am very happy I did.

You get so much in return as you build your UX/UI foundation of knowledge and it truly is a diverse welcoming community!
  • Great Option
    Ian Messersmith  User Photo
    Ian Messersmith • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm changing career paths and wanted to take a low cost risk to see if UX Design and Research was for me. This was a great option to do that. It worked out well too. I left the program with a tool bag full of skills and industry knowledge. I have a million bookmarks, notes, articles, and examples because of the Foundations course. If I were to do it all over again, I'd be more active in booking mentor sessions. Access to the mentors is what you're paying for in this course. They really know what they're talking about because all of them work in the industry. You could be talking with a future coworker and not even know it! Overall, this was a great experience when transitioning into a new career field.
  • UX/UI Design
    kiara  User Photo
    kiara • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Quick course to get an intro the UX/UI foundations
  • UX Design
    - 3/2/2022
    Julia  User Photo
    Julia • Product Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I love my program so much! Maca and all the mentors are amazing. I got a great high-paying job from it.
  • Favi  User Photo
    Favi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Who I think this course is excellent for:
    People who have been learning about UX design on their own and are ready to follow the steps to complete a Portfolio from start to finish.  The course calculates you will take 6-8 weeks to learn the basics of UX/UI and complete an entire project. My overall experience even as a new designer without any graphic design, marketing, project managing or tech experience was great!  Although I have to say, that if I had learned more on my own prior to taking this, I would have finished faster! Either way it’s a great path to take for someone, like me, who was completely new to UX design. For those who are new, prepare to read a LOT, research a lot, watch many tutorials, Google many UX best practices.

You will get access to mentoring calls during those 6-8 weeks that you work on your project. The more research you do, the better prepared you will be to ask questions, get feedback and understand feedback. (That’s a tip for total new ones to the field!)

It’s a lot of work, but the payoff is great as well. I love how you come out of the program with an entire portfolio piece! If you are ready to continue your career shift, enrolling in career jumpstart is the next step.

• UX Designer
    - 1/31/2022
    christiea  User Photo
    christiea • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had previously taken an UX/UI course with another institution and wished I had came across Avocademy sooner. The 6-8 week course is self paced and the learning material is very informative and resourceful. Mentors are available throughout the course to assist with the project and provide guidance. We also get to communicate with other students and help each other out. There are also speaker series with people who have years of experience in the UX field give us advice and share their experience. I'm looking forward to their Career Jumpstart program. They guide you every step of the way to help you succeed. I'm glad I've came across Avocademy.