avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy is a 6-week UX Design bootcamp. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course. The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio.

Students receive unlimited mentoring and flexible scheduling with Maca, the bootcamp’s Creative Director. Maca has been a UX/UI designer for 8 years, and has 3 years of experience mentoring and helping students transition into the UX field.

Avocademy students can either pay their tuition upfront or choose an installment plan consisting of three or six payments.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (14) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• UX Design

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time6 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three or six payments are also available.
  • Meagan Londa  User Photo
    Meagan Londa • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall, I am so happy I chose to take this course! I had been wanting to get into design for a while. I had looked into several other options before choosing this one, but they were pretty expensive and some were full time. I loved how flexible this was and having Maca and other mentors really made it even better. From day 1 you really jump right into creating a capstone project for your portfolio.  Avocademy really afforded me the flexibility I needed at a great cost. The mentoring sessions with Maca each week really helped to make sure what I was doing was on the right track and feedback that was provided was helpful and professional.
    Another great thing about this class is the Slack channel that was created, so it is easy to reach out and get help, but to also connect with other people who are going through the program. There were also webinars set up with different industry professionals throughout the course as well which was awesome to get some insight into the different careers and what companies look for when hiring. One last thing that this class does right is there are outside opportunities to continue practicing the skills we learned in the course. They are real world opportunities to help boost our skills and the portfolio. Would Absolutely recommend this class to people looking to get into UI/UX design!
  • Kathy  User Photo
    Kathy • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose to enroll in Maca's course because I was really unmotivated and couldn't find a job despite applying for a couple months. Now, I'm really glad I made that decision! Her course is pretty affordable compared to other bootcamps, and she helped me realize that I definitely had the skills to become a UX designer, I just needed to present it better. The course itself was very informational and thorough, and by the time I was finished I felt a lot more confident about my resume and portfolio.

I do believe that this course's strengths lies in Maca's mentoring. You can tell that she really cares about the students and wants you to succeed. Maca offers really great advice every step of the way. It's specific, reasonable, and actionable. You'll know what you need to do to improve your portfolio and why. Not only is this a great course for people interested in UX, but it's also a good option for those who have UX skills and need a little push.
  • Jesse DuFresne  User Photo
    Jesse DuFresne • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience at Avocademy, learning about UI/UX design and research methods. I chose this course because it was online, self-paced, well structured, and super flexible. Going through entire UX design/research process was great experience. Throughout the course I worked on a capstone project that let me put those skills into action. I was able to design and prototype an iPad application that serves as a public domain sheet music library. In addition to this, having a great mentor throughout the course was awesome. Maca was extremely flexible, understanding, and knowledgeable. Overall, I am glad that I took this course to further my skills in UI/UX design and research.
  • Kevin Hanst  User Photo
    Kevin Hanst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    For my little experience as a designer, working with Maca was extremely helpful in learning the basic principles of UX/UI Design and having her by my side every step of the way was very reassuring. This program allowed me to get right into practicing these design principles and create a project from beginning to end while also developing my first portfolio. It was a great first step into becoming a full-fledged designer that was both affordable and flexible to work with.
  • Haley Kirk  User Photo
    Haley Kirk • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was looking for something flexible enough for my schedule but where I would still get a deep understanding of topics. Maca’s mentoring sessions made me accountable and she always tailored them specifically to what I needed more help with.
  • Great Course!
    - 4/7/2021
    April • Graduate
    I found the course to be straightforward and effective, full of relevant information. I appreciated the course being self-paced with easy access to mentors, along with job placement assistance.
  • Codey Smith • Digital marketing and e-commerce specialist • Graduate
    I have been considering doing a UX course for a while now. Most courses were way too expensive too consider or too long. After weeks of searching I found Avocademy. And I’m so glad I did. Great price and the perfect length.
    It’s is Avery practical course so you jump right into the portfolio project and learn as you go. I am a learn by doing type of person so this was perfect for me. Maca was so helpful in our mentor sessions, and always quick to reply when I reached out on slack.
    This was exactly what I needed to jump into my UX career.
  • UXUI course
    - 3/31/2021
    M Farid • Graduate
    Joining Avocademy is a great deccsion I made. Within 6-8 weeks I was ready with all the tools needed to start on a new career. Maca's one-on-one tutoring sessions were very helpful and the flexibility of the course allows you to complete it at your own time. Not to mention the price was very affordable comparing to competitors with even a better value!
  • UX/UI Design
    - 3/17/2021
    Amanie Ataiwi • Graduate
    Avocademy is a great course for learning about UX/UI design. I previously had no experience in this field and in as little as 6-8 weeks you are prepped with all the tools needed to embark on a new career. Maca's one-on-one tutoring sessions were very helpful and the flexibility of the course allows you to complete it at your own time. Not to mention the price was very affordable comparing to competitors!
  • UX/UI Bootcamp
    - 2/20/2021
    Cody • Graduate
    Avocademy is a fantastic course for anyone who is interested in learning about UX/UI Design. This course doesn’t break the bank like all the other courses I found. Maca (my mentor) was great and super helpful throughout the entire process. Always available to help with any questions or critiques that I needed. She even recorded videos for me to show me some tips & tricks in Figma that wasn’t a part of the actual course! Awesome to have something to showcase in your portfolio once you finish the course and Maca is was there after the course to help with my resume and job applications! If you’re interested in UX/UI Design, please schedule a mentor session with Maca and Avocademy!
  • Alex I. • Graduate
    Maca is wonderful! The context alone is so helpful for a beginner. Extremely thorough, and the source material is so varied that you're able to process and apply immediately to the activities that follow. The activities aren't just for learning but they also end up making up your entire portfolio piece. All in all, I learned so much, and having Maca available for questions and feedback really built my confidence by the time I was done. I can't wait to reference and apply the material for future projects!
  • Great Mentorship
    - 1/25/2021
    Kelsey • Student
    Avocademy is a great course for anyone looking to start out in UX Design. I like that it is structured, so I can check off my readings and activities along the way. Maca (my mentor) has also been really responsive, and always answers my messages. She is always willing to help, and has even recorded some personal tutorial videos for me to explain how to do something on Figma (the design software). I also feel like her feedback is constructive, professional, and personable, and you can talk to her through video chat, or her new Slack Community group she created (which is also cool to see the other people in the class).

Coming into UX, I was really unsure about what I wanted to do and if I could accomplish it. I graduated college last year, had a career change, and didn't know if UX would be for me. I only recently discovered it, and was very overwhelmed about how to get into it. However, I feel like Maca has been so flexible, which has helped me to not feel overwhelmed. She helps to personalize the course to my needs, and is willing to work with me on my time frame. Also, I feel like the value of the course has been really great, especially when you see the price of other competitors.

I feel like I am learning a lot, and while it is a lot of hard work, it also feels very rewarding.