ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Online, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers full-time and part-time bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI design, Data Analytics and Cyber Security in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Lisbon (Portugal) and remotely. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. The Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages, such as Python, SQL and Tableau. The Cyber Security course provides students with the hands-on skills they need to land a job in the growing cybersecurity industry. In the Cyber Security course, students will develop the most in-demand knowledge to be part of any company's cybersecurity workforce and become a cybersecurity professional.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 6,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer, data analyst, or cyber security professional upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem. Ironhack is the first European bootcamp to report its outcomes.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (971) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (38) articles about Ironhack →
  • Cyber Security Bootcamp

LocationOnline, Madrid, London, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    The Ironhack Cybersecurity Bootcamp covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary for Bootcampers to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries. The bootcamp is an accelerated cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path. The Bootcamp is delivered in a blended format at a Cybint Certified Center with both on campus learning and online self-paced activities.
    DepositYes

Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work20 hours of online learning material. This prework will familiarize you with what a computer is, how operating systems work and what networks are. This knowledge will get you ready for learning Cybersecurity
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationParis, Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Miami, Online
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Git, MySQL, Python, SQL, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Miami, Online
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

CSS, HTML, User Experience Design, Agile, Mobile, Product Management
    LocationMadrid, Paris, Mexico City, Barcelona, Berlin, Miami, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Online
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

CSS, Design, Product Management, User Experience Design, Agile, HTML, Mobile
    LocationMiami, Mexico City, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Online
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, CSS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    LocationMadrid, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Paris, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Miami, Online
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

AngularJS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, CSS, React.js
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
  • Mr
    - 7/15/2021
    Dan Burton  User Photo
    Dan Burton • Frontend Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Brilliant course, great teachers and lots of assistance.

Without this course, I would never of found a job as a Web Developer. It won’t be easy at times, but if you work hard, it’ll all pay off.
  • Satisfied!
    - 4/12/2021
    Nick   User Photo
    Nick • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Going into the Ironhack experience I had minimal Web Development experience, but this bootcamp gave me more of a well rounded knowledge about programming and the right programming practices than I could have ever imagined. I'd definitely say that the most valuable skills I gained from this bootcamp was how important it is in this industry to plan and pseudo code, and definitely working with others on various projects. I couldn't be more grateful for the help I got from my instructors, Marcos (https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcos-palacios-iii/), Sandra (https://www.linkedin.com/in/a-boskovic/), and Stefan (https://www.linkedin.com/in/cule219/). If I ever was falling behind or felt like I wasn't getting it they were always willing to take the extra time to help me understand what was going on and the best way to approach the problem. ​After getting through the bootcamp came the fun part of job hunting and it was an extremely painless process thanks to being shown how to job hunt correctly, and I owe that to my outcomes manager Brito (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dbrito1/). He was extremely thorough and provided me with tons of resources to make the job finding process easy and simple. I know I couldn't have gotten the job I have today if it weren't for Brito and his help/connections. He always held me accountable and that's the most important part of the whole process as an up and coming Developer. Overall Ironhack was the best decision of my life, I went from someone who was working in the food industry and coding as a hobby to working a full time job as a Developer for a great company and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Ironhack review
    - 3/30/2021
    Eduardo  User Photo
    Eduardo • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Many times in life, we have the pleasure of coming across an opportunity to change our lives completely. Less than a year ago, I had just arrived in Miami with only one certainty. Despite my interest in the field, I have neither the skills nor the knowledge to pursue a career in tech. Through the influence of my dearest friend, I build up the courage to start a UX/UI Design Bootcamp at Ironhack

In January of 2021, I began my journey in an intense boot camp, with the most creative and passionate students and teachers I had ever met. Suddenly, something that seemed impossible, started becoming true. I was understanding, practicing, and becoming well versed in the best design practices and tools. All of this was thanks to the incredible staff and program that the school offers.

There are many forms of indoctrination, different practices, millions of schools, but Ironhack creates an environment of accelerated learning beyond comparison. In addition, the school offers impeccable support in career services. In my 9th week at the Ironhack, I was offered a job as a UX/UI Designer and was able to position myself, thanks to the support of Daniel Brito, my career coach.

In a nutshell, Ironhack is the perfect place for everyone and anyone, who desires to start a career in tech. I had an amazing experience and in short, time have already started seeing the benefits of my time invested in the course. Ironhack showed me that my only certainty was a fallacy.
  • Xavier Bergeron  User Photo
    Xavier Bergeron • Development Operations Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated from Ironhack Miami's full-time web development bootcamp this March and I can't recommend it enough.

I was very hesitant at first to join any sort of bootcamp. I looked into it a few years ago and compared them all. I weighed pros and cons and in the end always thought I could make it without the help of a bootcamp so I just waited and pretended that I would start the job search eventually but two years later I was still unemployed.

I got an email from OfferUp announcing their partnership with Ironhack and it piqued my interest. I gave it a shot and won a partial scholarship which was enough to offset the interest fees from the loan. I was also able to get approved for the loan by one of their financing partners despite having a very poor credit score and high credit utilization which was a blessing!

As the title of my review says, I had already been programming since I was a teenager. I've worked on several multiplayer game mods and even created games, programs and websites of my own. Being self-taught is great! There was one big drawback however; I could not find a job. My resume was awful, I did not know how to network nor the true importance of networking. I had no clue how to sell myself or how to talk to recruiters.

It was obvious to me that joining a bootcamp would not make me gain any significant technical skills considering my extensive background. I already had a fair understanding of the material being taught and could have brushed up those skills within a week or two. So why did I join Ironhack? Simply for the one and only Daniel Brito from Ironhack's Career services. Throughout the bootcamp, I was able to schedule one-on-one meetings with him in order to discuss my career goals as well as get advice on how to approach certain companies and very good interview preparation help. I always had so many questions prepared for him yet I only needed to ask him one question and he would predict my next 2-3 questions and answer them in advance. He really knows his stuff!

As soon as Brito walked us through updating our LinkedIn profiles, I was assaulted by recruiters left and right and didn't know what to do. He pointed me in the right direction, told me what to watch out for and what to expect. He gave me the confidence that I needed to aim high and shoot for the positions I didn't see myself achieving for another 5 years. Thanks to his guidance, I landed a job two weeks before graduating as a DevOps engineer for an amazing company who works with what is in my opinion the best tech stack you can have in 2021.

Compared to other bootcamps that say you don't pay until you get hired (or worse, the ones that take a percentage of your salary!) Ironhack was the only clear viable choice for me. I knew full well going into it that I was there for Brito first and foremost and to make great connections second. I've created some relationships that I hope to carry with me for life not only with fellow students but with my teacher Niko as well. I can't say enough about the teacher I had. Honestly I have never seen a teacher so passionate when it comes to his student's success. Most teachers would traditionally stop and go MIA as soon as the clock turns over or your time in the bootcamp is up, but not at Ironhack. Niko and I actually started a passion project together which is aimed at helping students stay in touch and keep learning and connecting with others even post-graduation. I think that speaks for itself in the amount of care that goes into your learning experience. You'll never feel like you're just a number on a spreadsheet that needs to get a grade.

If you are in the same situation I was four months ago meaning you are passionate about code, are self taught and have been struggling to enter the professional world or are simply afraid of the financial burden of having to take out a loan, take it from me. I went from earning 16k/year from self-employment income to now earning six figures doing the job I've been dreaming about ever since I was a teenager. I'll be receiving my first paycheck two days from now and I still can't believe it. All it took was one small leap of faith and trusting reviews from this very same website that I'm writing on right now to completely change my life not just in this moment but for the rest of it.
  • Freelance Designer
    - 3/15/2021
    Robert  User Photo
    Robert • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had an amazing experience going with Ironhack. I enrolled in their part-time cohort and was one of the first classes they had that went full digital. It was challenging at first going in to a full digital course load, but they staff made every effort to help us. I made incredible connections with both instructors and classmates that I will continue to cherish and maintain. Ironhack is not just a bootcamp, it's also a community and that's something that's hard to come by all on your own. Also keep in mind, this is an intensive bootcamp; so be prepared to really work and manage your time. That being said, the instructors will do everything they can to help you and make your experience a positive one. The career services is also what really got me join, Brito knows his stuff, so really listen to him! One last thing, always go to the meetups they offer and get involved with the community, it'll help immensely when the time comes to job hunt.
  • Daniel Perez  User Photo
    Daniel Perez • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I can’t say enough good things about Ironhack! One of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I was a Graphic Designer for 10 years and decided to take the plunge at going back to school for UX/UI Design.

Coming from a long design background, certain things were familiar to me but the things that weren’t Ironhack did an excellent job at teaching. Their curriculum portal is accessible at any time, it has a combination of text, videos, images, and is filled with useful links and resources. They have an amazing teaching staff and administration. One of the things that really won me over about Ironhack was that almost every employee has completed an Ironhack bootcamp. They have been where you are and they show it! My two main teachers were great! But I feel like the real added touch was the combination of a teacher and teacher’s assistant. Sometimes there isn’t enough time for one on ones with everyone and the teacher, and the assistant usually helps facilitate that. I have to give a huge shout out to my teacher’s assistant for my course, Jade McVay.

This part of my review is split because my case is unique. My course, halfway through the second part was during the COVID quarantine madness. Now everyone has implemented systems that work for remote and things have gotten smoother. But at the time in March there were a lot of uncertainties and questions. But without a doubt and missing a beat Ironhack answered the call and things continued rather smoothly in virtual. It left me very impressed!

When it came to career services, I think it is by far Ironhack Miami’s strongest asset. Their career coach Daniel Brito is the Godfather of Miami Tech! His determination to get you hired, get you going, motivated and more is unmatched. I’ve never seen a school care so much about your well being POST graduation. In my case it took 6 months for me to get employed. COVID played a huge factor in my case. However, even with new graduating classes after mine, Brito did not give up on me! He made sure I had the tools I needed, the tips and tricks, and was the personal bridge to new network connections. Huge thanks to Brito and Lisa Nuessle.

• Xavi Batiste  User Photo
    Xavi Batiste • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience in Ironhack UX/UI bootcamp was in general, a very good experience, taking into account that the course started with the country lockdown, so the school had to adapt to the situation. We were told that the course would be online, until the government allowed to assist to the school.
    The school offered us a discount and 15 day trial in case we did not like the online modus, so we could take the course later or just ask for a refund. I finally decided to remain in the course, which was finally online until my graduation.
    Even we could not enjoy the campus experience, we had a really nice companionship between all the students and teachers. Probably this was easily done as our teachers always tried to do some games and activities to know each other.

On the learning part, I do not come from a design background, but I were able to learn a lot as the method that my teacher used was to do 7 projects, while the first one could be considered as easy and the last one, a full project.
    On each project, we learned some skills and applied them to the project, while on the following project, we used the skills learned and other learned on the current project.

I have to say that with what I learned, I am fully into UX researcher more than UI design, I miss some UI practice, but as the course is short and intensive, not everything can be done. In overall, the content was good.
  • Alex Chivescu  User Photo
    Alex Chivescu • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Teaches you all the essentials of full stack web development. Very fast-paced, so be sure to do the pre-work and take time to review lecture materials in advance of class.
  • Luana Souza  User Photo
    Luana Souza • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Starting the UX / UI Designer Bootcamp was a great decision in 2020 when I needed to migrate from a career.
    Like a lot of support from before enrollment until after completing the course.

The classes were with two teachers. In the morning I had the content and in the afternoon I carried out the projects. The project briefing was given on Monday and I presented the final project on Friday. Then I received feedback. During the week there was a lot of support from teachers and meetings to answer questions. I had Figma classes and even meetings with people who already worked in the area to give tips.
    In addition to UX and UI, I also took classes in HTML and CSS that are important for several companies.
    Upon completion of the course, I had career week. In the week of the carrier, I learned how to assemble the curriculum well, how to fix LinkedIn, how to prepare for interviews, and more.
    In general, I had an excellent experience with Ironhack and I highly recommend this course. But of course, it is always good to think and research a lot before investing in a Bootcamp like this. I believe that if you are sure you want to work with this UX / UI Design course is a great choice.
  • Best decision
    - 2/12/2021
    Dardannya  User Photo
    Dardannya • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     Prior to Ironhack I had been studying Business Administration and was getting ready to pursue that as a career. I had a sudden change of heart after some realizations and decided to pursue programming instead. The reviews for Ironhack looked amazing and so that was where I decided to enroll in October 2020. I do not regret my decision at all! The staff are all incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The whole program takes you right from a very beginner level right up to being ready to apply and start your career as a developer! The projects really encourage you to take control yourself while still having support when you truly get stuck. They are also great as it gives you a real insight into what its like working as a developer and collaborating with your team. 10/10 would recommend kick starting your career with Ironhack!
  • UI/UX Design
    - 2/10/2021
    Diego   User Photo
    Diego • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're really thinking about making a pivot or even full on switch in careers I highly suggest Ironhack. My instructor Daveed and TA David were two of the greatest guys i've ever met and i'm sad it was just virtual. If you want to go to a bootcamp where you're going to have people care twice as much as you do about your success go to ironhack. You will be pushed but boy when you look back at the end the growth is truly remarkable. I went from having minor baseline knowledge of 1 adobe product (illustrator) and have finished securing a full time role as a product designer.  Without Ironhack I would have not made it here, please if you're debating where to go its a no brainer, for real.
  • ikkbb  User Photo
    ikkbb • Student Verified via GitHub
    Experience:
    The teacher and the TAs (teacher assistants) are nice but most of the class material is just readout loud without added extra. Ironhack itself is very unorganized, the communication with the Portuguese team was very difficult and we constantly received misleading information, or in my case, I got ignored once we signed the contract. I received a wrong statement and after 4 months still, no answer even though I followed-up in writing.

The course:
    heavily focused on Python, we only had 1 week-worth of SQL from zero to advanced. Please be aware that SQL will be needed to get a job and the Python skill you learn is basically rushing through different functions day-by-day with little space to practice.
    The homework (Labs) are confusing, we constantly had to ask the TAs to explain what the questions meant.
    Sometimes it seems like someone translated text to English from another language with google translate without checking the outcome.

Overall:
    Overpriced and not well structured. The curriculum needs to be re-designed and the (professional) quality of the teachers are rather low.
    both the teachers and teacher assistants are very nice people, the vibes are good but this won't make up for your time and money spent.
    I hope that Ironhack can improve the quality of their courses because the idea itself is fantastic but not executed professionally.