After the 12-week program, students have the option to join its unique Career Support program, which has contains additional training for Job Hacking, a job accountability group, and team projects to add to one’s portfolio.
To apply, students can submit an application via the website, then go through a series of two interviews with an admissions advisor. There are no coding challenges, but students must complete 4 weeks of prework before the program starts.
The daytime course takes place Mondays through Fridays, while the part-time course takes place on Sundays and weeknights, designed to allow the working person to attend a coding bootcamp while still working a daytime job.
Recent Actualize Reviews: Rating 4.89
Recent Actualize News
- Become a Developer at these Summer Coding Bootcamps!
- November 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
- How Coding Bootcamps Can Change the Face of Tech
Start Date None scheduled Cost $13,900 Class size 15 Location Chicago, Online
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Ask for details about payment plans.
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Some introductory work given several weeks in advance of the start of the program. Placement Test No Interview Yes
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Actualize scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityNo eligibility restrictions.
- Web Development (Online)
250 reviews sorted by:
- Great program, highly recommended!- 5/22/2020Ernesto • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInI enrolled in this bootcamp after I went to observe a class. That was the first thing that stood out to me about this program. The fact that they were unafraid to welcome you in to observe their classroom was unique during my bootcamp search. I was impressed by the passion, knowledge, and patience of the instructor Peter and when I heard that he was teaching the next cohort, I made sure to sign up. I was not disappointed because he expressed the same level of energy and interest in my cohort as he did in the previous one I went to observe. The full-stack approach to web development is evident in their curriculum and they teach you the fundamentals to go on and explore other tech stacks and feel confident about going forward into the job-hacking portion of the bootcamp. I loved the career counselor Lisa's great job-hacking tips that she shared with us on Sundays and I'm excited for this next phase of the program that will dedicate 100% focus to landing a job and further building your portfolio with group projects. They stick with you throughout and that's important, especially if you are new to the tech field or looking to level up!
- CEO- 5/22/2020Nate Bierdeman • CEO • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInThis was an incredible experience! I highly recommend it to anyone looking to switch careers, or learn the specific technology stack offered in the course. My instructor was engaging, personable, helpful, and very knowledgable of the subject matter - a true educator through and through! A lot of thought went into how to structure the course, which is evident not only in the curriculum itself, but in the post-graduation career support as well. As demanding as it was to work full time and take this course, I found myself looking forward to the next class every day!
- Just Do It!- 5/22/2020Travell • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via GitHubIf you are serious about learning how to code and/or becoming a software engineer/developer I highly recommend taking the plunge and joining this bootcamp. The curriculum emphasizes learning 'how to learn' new technologies and languages instead of focusing on what is most popular. You will also do a lot of test-driven development and pair programming throughout (I will also include that you won't realize how much of it you've done until the end). Peter and our TAs were not only accessible and caring but also smart AF. They're really good at identifying the goals, gaps, and opportunities within each individual. In addition, they're really good at building a super diverse, inclusive community of people you will be learning alongside. I can't emphasize enough how dope this bootcamp was for me.
- Definitely Recommend!- 5/22/2020Scott G. • Sales • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInI had such an amazing experience at Actualize! My bootcamp was during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and their response to it was very impressive - we did not skip a beat! My professor, Peter, and all of the TAs were so helpful with every topic. I definitely recommend Actualize to anyone!
- Great Experience, would recommend!- 5/22/2020Eden • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInA friend of mine recommended Actualize coding bootcamp because I had mentioned that I was interested in learning how to code and he had previously taken the course. I had no prior experience with coding, so I was really nervous about the class and wasn't sure what to expect. I was very happy with my experience! Peter, my instructor, was very knowledgeable, approachable, and encouraging to all of the students and was a great teacher! It was a fast paced course, but he was very good at breaking down and explaining problems and helping students gain a firm grasp on the fundamentals and how to apply them to your code. Not only did I get this great learning experience, but they also help you with career training and make sure you are prepared when you leave the bootcamp. I would definitely recommend for anyone, whether you have next to no knowledge about coding or if you want to have a deeper understanding. I'm took the plunge and decided to join my Actualize cohort!
- A great course, with really solid support during and after the boot camp. They're in it to help you get a job, and learn a lot along the way.- 5/22/2020Dan Clair • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInI chose Actualize based on the recommendation of a colleague. I was wanting to do one for well over a year, but was hesitant for various reasons. Once I was pushed into it due to a job layoff, I took to it really quickly. It is hard to quantify just how much information is pushed into your brain in a short time, but the curriculum is great. The instructors are all about reinforcing what you're learning, while also reminding you that you don't need to be an expert right away. Everyone is always learning, and they don't shame you if you're not "performing" to a certain standard, since everyone's journey is different. They also aren't afraid to be human and not put so much pressure on benchmarks of performance. Overall would highly recommend.
- Actualize web development course- 5/21/2020Moreno Biage • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter extensive research on many schools, the Actualize Coding Bootcamp stood out as the best option. Initially, their online program has the best schedule for you available to keep work and still put up time to dedicate appropriately to your new journey. Having 100% or the classes online is a differential that matters and helps you keep up and steady progress on your learning curve. One of the most important things to look out for a course is the teacher. And Brian is one of the best ones for sure. I am glad to have such a high-level teacher and friendly style as my teacher. I pushed to get all the work available done, but there are so much available to do an extra class that I couldn't keep the pace. That is definitely a pro for the program. At some weeks, I wish they could have gone more in-depth and pushed a bit more. The learning shouldn't rely on the school but on yourself. With that in mind, I did a lot of work on the side, and that pays off and helping me to feel confident about the next steps. Overall I definitely recommend the school, and just at some points, I do wish to have more content.
- Yossi • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI can't yet tell what the ultimate outcome will be career wise, as I just finished the course, but the journey has been amazing. The instructors and TAs from pre work and on were fantastic. Brian Rice, the evening online instructor is an expert teacher and coder. Education is the name of the game. It's not as much about what languages you're taught, but how you're taught them. The goal is to empower you to feel like you have thew ability to pick up any language, learn it, and use it. It's easier said than done, but it is doable. The commitment is grueling, yet satisfying. As a full time worker and father, the schedule is difficult. It was extremely hard to find any time outside of class to practice. That's ok, but I do feel that the you'll get the absolute most out of the experience with some extra time outside of class. Just something to keep in mind. I highly recommend Actualize.
- Great class!- 5/21/2020Nikki • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI chose Actualize because of the ability to do the course online, while also still having a structured classroom schedule/setup. I knew doing an "at your own pace" class was not going to be good for me, so Actualize was a fantastic option. It was definitely immersive and interactive. I was hesitant at first to be on camera throughout, but I think it actually helped me bond with the other students and become more comfortable to ask questions (of the teacher and of others). The instructors and the TA's were all very knowledgable and approachable. I would highly recommend this course to either someone looking for a career change and has the time and passion for this type of bootcamp, or someone like myself who is still working full time, can log on in the evenings to attend, and is dedicated to learning!
- Full Stack Web Development course- 5/21/2020Ariany Mendes • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Web Developer--Apprentice- 5/21/2020Chikondi Kamvazaana • Full Stack--Web Developer • Student • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience- 5/21/2020Ryan • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThe focus on teaching you how to learn is what drew me to actualize and they definitely delivered. The instruction was always clear and concise and tailored to help you understand complex subjects. The instructor's jokes weren't THAT bad either... While it was digestible it was also challenging. The job hacking portion took my networking game up to another level and many excellent connections and learning experiences were gained as a result of reaching out to others in the industry which I would not have done on my own.