nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Boulder, Cambridge, Cambridge, Charleston, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Chicago, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Online, Orange County, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Riverside, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (498) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

• Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Tuition PlansPayment can be made up front or on a weekly basis over five payments.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Bootstrap
    - 7/22/2020
    Jason Goldwater  User Photo
    Jason Goldwater • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course was well organized and had an excellent cohort of students.
  • Tauran Watkins  User Photo
    Tauran Watkins • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Excellent course! I had an awesome instructor in Nadav! I was a beginner and I walked away with a ton of information.
    I would definitely recommend.
  • Rafael Chapine  User Photo
    Rafael Chapine • Electrician • Verified via LinkedIn
    Awesome flow, everything is linked and organized so you don`t need to guess what you studying or jump around. Also NuCamp encourage you to do your own search for challenges, and Always have a instructor on slack to give you help. I never had to wait more than an hour for an answer, and if is too late I just went to sleep and in the morning when I was going to work I saw a response.
    Thanks for everything, my Instructor was amazing, looking forward to next step
  • nucamp was awesome
    - 7/20/2020
    Mitchell Pou  User Photo
    Mitchell Pou • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    nucamp was great I took the HTML CSS and Javascript course and it was tough but I had a great instructor and had some awesome classmate definitely would recommend this school and its affordable compare to other boot camps
  • Shelly   User Photo
    Shelly • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp Fundamentals because it was one the only entry level camps that offered me to be able to create a personal web page. The content was canned projects in all of the other camps I researched, but Nucamp allowed me to make my own web page/profile. I added my personal touches and expanded on every project from the weekly challenges. I was looking for content to have in my portfolio that was unique, not just canned challenges and Nucamp allowed me to add my personal touches to each assignment. You get out of it what you put in and collaborating in our class's dedicated SLACK channel was a simulation of real life peer coding and this was the most valuable part of the course, IMO.

Creating new tech friends that I will keep collaborating with in the Nucamp community is a huge perk.

I liked that the investment was low money and time only 4 weeks less than 400 bucks.
  • Great!
    - 7/19/2020
    Bonnie  User Photo
    Bonnie • Self Employed • Student Verified via GitHub
    After my first 5 weeks in the full stack course, I feel a lot more confident in my skills and have already acquired marketable skills and knowledge to move me forward.
  • Kevin Lim  User Photo
    Kevin Lim • Student Verified via GitHub
    I think for the money's worth, you definitely get what you pay for. The instructor I had was very knowledgable and was very helpful during our weekly workshops and overall learning. The learning itself really depends on how much time you put into the course. I'm only about a fourth of the way through, but I will say that the course material taught through the videos were a bit dry. The price itself is still significantly cheaper than most bootcamps you'll find online, but you can still find even cheaper alternatives for purely learning material via Udemy. That being said, I believe that everything you get with Nucamp (responsive and knowledgable instructor, access to communities on slack, weekly workshops, portfolio project, learning with other students) makes it worthwhile. I've paid exorbitant amounts of money for classes in a single quarter of college, and the amount of money you spend on the full stack course is a fraction of that. So, you really have to put it in perspective when comparing the price of traditional learning versus this bootcamp. Plus, the full-stack course is 22 weeks, and you get to learn Bootstrap, React, React Native, Express, MongoDB, and Node. So, to me that's worth it.
  • Mark Y.  User Photo
    Mark Y. Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because the price was very affordable . Also for being a newbie to coding ; they offered the Web Developer course  which gave me an insight into the industry and what to expect.

What I liked most was how flexible it is to take a bootcamp and still have some time during the week for personal life. But I recommend you study and focus because it does move forward quite a bit.

Overall, its a great experience and I am looking forward to the next level. Thank you Nucamp!

• Brad
    - 7/18/2020
    Brad Strawn  User Photo
    Brad Strawn • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have just finished the HTML, CSS, Javascript intro course. After doing my research, I decided to commit to Nucamp. The low price when compared to other schools around me was obviously a big plus. I realized there are cheaper or free ways of learning by yourself and watching videos, but I need the commitment required for the workshops and instructors. This program is great for beginners or pros and lets you learn at your own pace while still keeping it challenging. I can't wait for my Full Stack course to start!
  • Mariana  User Photo
    Mariana • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a great intro course to web development. I feel like I have a solid foundation of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The course is well-organized and you can work at your own pace. The community here is very helpful and supportive. You never feel like you're stuck on a problem with nowhere to turn to.

I can't emphasize how much I learned over the course of 4 weeks. I have taken other free courses, and while they are great, NuCamp really shines when it comes to pointing you in the right direction in terms of what you need to learn, what resources/tools to use, etc.

I recommend this course to anyone interested in getting a better grasp of what it means to be a web developer without having to take on the full commitment of a front-end/full-stack boot camp.
  • Souphanh Bouttavong  User Photo
    Souphanh Bouttavong • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because I wanted the experience of working in a group setting.  I like the weekend option because working full time, I don't have the option of going full time bootcamp that other offer. The instructor is there to help if you have question.