Nucamp is a part-time, 18-week full-stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the state of Washington and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn full stack web development online during the week, and then meet in person on the weekends for further learning. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps.
Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.78
Recent Nucamp News
In PersonPart Time14 Hours/week17 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $1,372 Class size 12 Location Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange CountyCreate modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
In PersonPart Time14 Hours/week22 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $1,765 Class size 12 Location Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange CountyIf you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
158 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- NuCamp- 12/20/2019Travis l moore • Campus: Detroit • Verified via LinkedIn
- NuCamp review- 12/20/2019Nick • Verified via LinkedIn
- Nucamp- 12/19/2019Shane • Student • Course: Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development • Campus: Tacoma • Verified via GitHub
I looked for a bootcamp in the Seattle area for several months. I work full time, 50 hours a week. I needed to find one that would fit into my life, not the other way around. I almost signed on to another one that would have been more of a financial burden but thank goodness I didn't. The class sizes are great, the instructors are very knowledgeable and my fellow class mates are just as passionate about learning as I am. I am enrolled in the full stack and have just completed the first course. I would recommend this for anyone that is full time employed and wants a great value. If I can do it so can you!
- Eden's Web Development Fundamentals Review- 12/18/2019Eden • Student • Campus: Atlanta • Verified via LinkedIn
I chose Nucamp because it was way more affordable than other coding bootcamps. I was a little worried about it because I thought I would not have as much support. But, I was so wrong about that. My Nucamp instructor was amazing. He went above and beyond in making sure I understood the material. He communicated in a timely manner and would let me know if he was busy when I could expect a response. He thought me how to think and didn't just give me the answers. He was encouraging and helped steer me to resources so I could learn where to go when I had a question. The lecture videos were also great. They were bite-sized which helped me take in little bits of information at a time. They built upon each other in a way that was easy to follow. I did feel like some of the assignments were given without the full information needed to complete them but I think that was purposefully so that we would learn where to go to find the rest of the answers. The lectures gave enough of a foundation to complete each assignment generally but they would throw in a challenge question and that would require a bit of research. As someone who had zero knowledge of coding going into this class, I feel way more confident in my coding ablities!
- Angela • Application Analyst • Verified via GitHub
- Nucamp Bootstrap CSS / Full Stack Review- 12/16/2019Corwin Johnson • Devops Engineer • Student • Campus: Portland • Verified via LinkedIn
I chose Nucamp because it worked well with my work schedule and low cost yet it didn't sacrifice when it came to curriculum. I really enjoy the weekly Saturday group Workshops and all of the hands-on lessons during the week. The instructors are well informed and always looking to help and answer any questions you may have.
Nucamp gave me my first look into the world of coding, and did I pretty great job at walking me through the basics/technicalities of things I knew NOTHING about. They make learning comfortable for beginners and those who may have some experience. Whether you're trying to find what's for you, or hone what you already know, Nucamp is the place for you.
- Nucamp: Intro to Web Development- 12/15/2019Mike C • Account Executive • Verified via LinkedIn
- NuCamp Full Stack (online and in-person)- 12/15/2019Dwayne • Senior Research Associate • Student • Campus: Seattle • Verified via GitHub
I researched a lot of bootcamps. What made me finally decide on NuCamp was the cost and the time commitment. Quitting my job to do a full-time bootcamp was not an option. Spending $10,000 for a bootcamp was also not an option. I also like that there was a weekly in-person workshop. I just finished my 5th week at NuCamp and it's been working out great. The instructors are excellent. The work load fits my schedule. The Slack community is large and active and provides a forum for asking questions and connecting with other students. Overall, so far my experience has been positive.
- Web Development Fundamentals- 12/14/2019Jennifer • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Hybrid (Online & In-person) • Verified via GitHub
I chose Nucamp because I was interested in getting into Web Development. The only experience I had with code was MySpace and that was about 14 years ago. Shaun was a great instructor who really communicated well with his students and took time to check in on each one of us, especially during the workshops. His feedback on our assignments was very helpful. I definitely have way more knowledge now than I had before thanks to Nucamp.
- Nucamp- 12/14/2019Josh Rafail • Campus: Colorado Springs • Verified via LinkedIn
I had chosen Nucamp to be able to work with people in person. That didn't up working out and I had to take the online course. I'm disappointed there but the content was sufficient and I feel like it helped me really get started. I learned what I expected to learn and I feel more confident in the topics I learned.
There are a lot of bootcamps out there. Like most people on a budget, I was looking to maximize the bang for my buck. I found Nucamp, saw what they offered, read what people said about them, looked at the price tag, and decided to give them a shot.
Like anything else, you’ll have to put in some serious effort to maximize it and Nucamp gives you the tools to do just that. Save yourself some money and give Nucamp a try!
- Louisville Nucamp- 12/14/2019Tamara Williams • Verified via LinkedIn
I chose Nucamp because I am a single mom wanting to change professions, but my time needs to be my own. Sometimes I am working into the midnight hour to get things done after the kids go to bed. This camp allows my the ability to make my own hours and work from home.
I preferred nucamp since it had an in-person weekend workshop. But by the time I have registered for the full stack course, we were not having the in-person workshops because of fewer participants in the Raleigh area.
I was hesitant a bit in the starting having no in-person workshop (but had an online workshop every weekend) but really loved their course structure and the 24/7 instructors/student alumni availability in answering the queries on time.
- NuCamp Web Development Fundamentals Bootcamp Review- 11/14/2019Jeremy Rapp • Hardware/Software Support • Graduate • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
So the NuCamp courses are great. They are the perfect blend, for working professionals who cannot take time off from work, to join an immersion bootcamp. I especially like how NuCamp focuses on affordability, networking with professionals in the community, up to date technologies, and the night school model. Make sure to set aside time to dedicate yourself to the bootcamp, but it is well worth it.
- Full Stack Web- 11/13/2019Conor Forrester • Automation Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
The part-time cirriculum and the cost were the two major factors for me to commit to Nucamp. Most of us out there cannot consider quitting our jobs to take on an intense full-time bootcamp for many times the price of Nucamp. I also appreciate two specific things about Nucamp: they do not boast about their job placement percentage numbers for post-grads (in fact, they do the opposite and honestly state how other bootcamps inflate these numbers as a tactic to reel in students) and they offer multiple thinking points and a 25-question test for students to determine if they are ready to enroll in one of their advanced bootcamps.
- Complete learning- 11/13/2019Scott Miller • Student • Campus: Baltimore • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience So Far- 11/10/2019Rico • Student • Course: Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via GitHub
I chose Nucamp because of the hybrid model - in-class workshops and online learning. The content is challenging enough to make you think of what you've learned up to that point and if all else fails, "Google" becomes your best friend.
And last, but not certainly the least, is the price of the overall bootcamp. You really cannot argue that price, especially for the content you are getting taught. I'm glad I made this choice!
Nucamp has been great! I definitely feel like I learned a lot. I wasn't much of a fan of the online videos, but I loved the in-person workshops and the instructor! One critique I might recommend is making the projects more open-ended and allow students to get more creative.
- Fullstack development- 11/10/2019Fabio • Student • Campus: Orlando • Verified via LinkedIn
I chose Nucamp because of the mix of online and in person sessions. I wanted the flexibility to do most of the work on my own time and meet to ask questions. My instructor is very experience with 10 years experience in Fullstack development. The other thing that I really like is the price, it is very affordable. I am only five weeks into Fullstack and just got done with Bootstrap 4, I can say I learned a great deal and I am happy with the progress thus far.
Nucamp instructors and organizers were great. Material was well constructed and followed logically. Unfortunately, I was not able to spend much time on my studies due to work schedule. However, still very valuable to get the snippets of information from teach and classmates. Would be better if you can spend many hours a day researching and doing assignments. But I still think you must encourage those with busy schedules to attend. In fact, I have tried other self study courses and this is much better for the busy schedule.
- Good experience- 11/10/2019Rory Smith • none • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via GitHub
- Nucamp Feedback/Review- 11/10/2019Sukanya Manickam • Graduate • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via GitHub
I chose Nucamp because it was extremely affordable when compared to the cost of other bootcamps. And having an instructor to assist at all stages of the course was truly the best part of the Nucamp experience. The course was great to learn the fundamentals and instructors were amazing. “Very flexible and affordable.” I like the combined learning of task in the one day workshop, able to learn and get more knowledge about coding through this camp.