Nucamp is a part-time, 18-week full-stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the state of Washington and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn full stack web development online during the week, and then meet in person on the weekends for further learning. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps.
Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.8
Recent Nucamp News
In PersonPart Time14 Hours/week17 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $1,260 Class size 12 Location Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las VegasCreate modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
In PersonPart Time14 Hours/week22 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $1,620 Class size 12 Location Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las VegasIf you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
106 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Full Stack Web- 11/13/2019Conor Forrester • Automation Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
The part-time cirriculum and the cost were the two major factors for me to commit to Nucamp. Most of us out there cannot consider quitting our jobs to take on an intense full-time bootcamp for many times the price of Nucamp. I also appreciate two specific things about Nucamp: they do not boast about their job placement percentage numbers for post-grads (in fact, they do the opposite and honestly state how other bootcamps inflate these numbers as a tactic to reel in students) and they offer multiple thinking points and a 25-question test for students to determine if they are ready to enroll in one of their advanced bootcamps.
- Complete learning- 11/13/2019Scott Miller • Student • Campus: Baltimore • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience So Far- 11/10/2019Rico • Student • Course: Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via GitHub
I chose Nucamp because of the hybrid model - in-class workshops and online learning. The content is challenging enough to make you think of what you've learned up to that point and if all else fails, "Google" becomes your best friend.
And last, but not certainly the least, is the price of the overall bootcamp. You really cannot argue that price, especially for the content you are getting taught. I'm glad I made this choice!
Nucamp has been great! I definitely feel like I learned a lot. I wasn't much of a fan of the online videos, but I loved the in-person workshops and the instructor! One critique I might recommend is making the projects more open-ended and allow students to get more creative.
- Fullstack development- 11/10/2019Fabio • Student • Campus: Orlando • Verified via LinkedIn
I chose Nucamp because of the mix of online and in person sessions. I wanted the flexibility to do most of the work on my own time and meet to ask questions. My instructor is very experience with 10 years experience in Fullstack development. The other thing that I really like is the price, it is very affordable. I am only five weeks into Fullstack and just got done with Bootstrap 4, I can say I learned a great deal and I am happy with the progress thus far.
Nucamp instructors and organizers were great. Material was well constructed and followed logically. Unfortunately, I was not able to spend much time on my studies due to work schedule. However, still very valuable to get the snippets of information from teach and classmates. Would be better if you can spend many hours a day researching and doing assignments. But I still think you must encourage those with busy schedules to attend. In fact, I have tried other self study courses and this is much better for the busy schedule.
- Good experience- 11/10/2019Rory Smith • none • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via GitHub
- Nucamp Feedback/Review- 11/10/2019Sukanya Manickam • Graduate • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via GitHub
I chose Nucamp because it was extremely affordable when compared to the cost of other bootcamps. And having an instructor to assist at all stages of the course was truly the best part of the Nucamp experience. The course was great to learn the fundamentals and instructors were amazing. “Very flexible and affordable.” I like the combined learning of task in the one day workshop, able to learn and get more knowledge about coding through this camp.
- Best Bootcamp- 11/9/2019Katie • Graduate • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Hybrid (Online & In-person) • Verified via LinkedIn
- NuCamp Review- 11/9/2019Jeremy Rapp • Product Support Representative • Student • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
- NuCamp is the Best- 11/9/2019Juanse Herrera • Student • Campus: Orlando • Verified via LinkedIn
Everything during the Bootstrap course was perfect. The online classes help you to learn at your own pace and let you manage your time according to your necessities. Any doubt you have during the week can be really well solved during the face-to-face workshop and your skills can be developed to their limit. I really recommend Nucamp.
- Nucamp Web Dev Fundamentals Review- 10/8/2019Renato • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Seattle • Verified via GitHub
I have attempted online courses in the past from a variety of companies and recognize that I am most motivated when accountable to deadlines and a class setting. I chose Nucamp because it is an affordable next step from those online courses. It has been a long time since I have been in a class setting and I was not sure I would be able to commit to regular in-person classes. This course was perfect for my situation.
Nucamp is great because it combines online instructions, online resources, and in-person support. I have many more hours of coding to go before proficiency, but this course gave me a framework for improving.
- Course review- 10/7/2019Brian P Gallagher • Graduate • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Philadelphia • Verified via GitHub
- Rating- 10/7/2019Sarah • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Marysville • Verified via GitHub
- web development- 10/1/2019Jason • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Marysville • Verified via LinkedIn
- Web Fundamentals- 9/10/2019Scott Barkley • Graduate • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via GitHub
- Success with Nucamp Web Fundamentals- 9/8/2019Travis McDaniel • A & P Mechanic • Student • Verified via GitHub
I chose Nucamp because of cost and the ability to work at home online to complete the course. It was a great experience and stepping stone into the Web Fundamentals and prepped me for the Fullstack course. It was challenging but not overwhelming. Gaining new resources like Slack, Git/GitHub and W3 Schools are just some of the tools I was exposed to. I'm completely satisfied with my choice.
- Full Stack Corse- 8/31/2019Rocky Kev • Developer • Student • Course: Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development • Campus: Spokane • Verified via LinkedIn
I chose Nucamp because it fits within my schedule, and combines a flipped classroom style of learn on your own time, and then meet to discuss and troubleshoot. The accountability and due dates means we are always pushing. There's also a lot of instructors/students who are working together to help you go farther/faster compared to self-learning - thanks to Slack. I'm always excited to meet my classmates and I every single day, I'm improving in my skill as a developer.
- Talon • Student • Campus: Seattle • Verified via LinkedIn
I work two jobs and don't have a lot of spare cash, so this course is perfect for me with flexibility throughout the week and only relying on Saturday mornings. I'm already signed up to pursue the Full Stack Web and Mobile Course knowing that I'm going to have a good time learning these concepts.
- Web Development Fundamentals- 7/27/2019Robert Casey • Student • Campus: Washington • Verified via LinkedIn
The availability to get help from all sources: instructor, peers as well as online; provided me with a better sense of the working environment of computer programming. Especially important since just online sources lead me into a stagnant cycle of learning.
- Nucamp is great!- 7/18/2019Chris • Student • Course: Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development • Campus: Spokane • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great intro course- 4/12/2019Christina • Ecommerce Manager • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Seattle • Verified via LinkedInI am only rating the Web Fundamentals course. Great atmosphere, great community, and great teacher. I think looking for your own resources is a must while doing this course. There is so much to get familiar with when you are beginner! Nucamp gives you the will and courage to push and want more. It also gives you the basics and a little more to have solid foundations and confidence you need to pursue! I will be following their Front End & Mobile course for sure!