nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Cambridge, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Omaha, Orange County, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Riverside, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 18-week full-stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the state of Washington and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn full stack web development online during the week, and then meet in person on the weekends for further learning. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps.

Prospective students should have a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. To apply, one must fill out an online form and quiz to assess knowledge and interest. The course is capped at 12 students. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. Students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (158) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

• Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
      LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County
      Create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
      Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
      Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.

• NuCamp
      - 12/20/2019
      Travis l moore  User Photo
      Travis l moore • Verified via LinkedIn

Nucamp Bootcamp is a very well set up bootcamp. The assignments are easy to follow along and the instructors are very knowledgeable about course topics.

• NuCamp review
      - 12/20/2019
      Nick  User Photo
      Nick • Verified via LinkedIn

NuCamp was affordable and the online classes were convenient for me considering I live in the suburbs, and I work full time.

• Nucamp
      - 12/19/2019
      Shane  User Photo
      Shane • Student Verified via GitHub

I looked for a bootcamp in the Seattle area for several months.  I work full time, 50 hours a week.  I needed to find one that would fit into my life, not the other way around.  I almost signed on to another one that would have been more of a financial burden but thank goodness I didn't.  The class sizes are great, the instructors are very knowledgeable and my fellow class mates are just as passionate about learning as I am.  I am enrolled in the full stack and have just completed the first course.  I would recommend this for anyone that is full time employed and wants a great value.  If I can do it so can you!

• Eden  User Photo
      Eden • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because it was way more affordable than other coding bootcamps. I was a little worried about it because I thought I would not have as much support. But, I was so wrong about that. My Nucamp instructor was amazing. He went above and beyond in making sure I understood the material. He communicated in a timely manner and would let me know if he was busy when I could expect a response. He thought me how to think and didn't just give me the answers. He was encouraging and helped steer me to resources so I could learn where to go when I had a question. The lecture videos were also great. They were bite-sized which helped me take in little bits of information at a time. They built upon each other in a way that was easy to follow. I did feel like some of the assignments were given without the full information needed to complete them but I think that was purposefully so that we would learn where to go to find the rest of the answers. The lectures gave enough of a foundation to complete each assignment generally but they would throw in a challenge question and that would require a bit of research. As someone who had zero knowledge of coding going into this class, I feel way more confident in my coding ablities!

• Corwin Johnson  User Photo
      Corwin Johnson • Devops Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because it worked well with my work schedule and low cost yet it didn't sacrifice when it came to curriculum.  I really enjoy the weekly Saturday group Workshops and all of the hands-on lessons during the week. The instructors are well informed and always looking to help and answer any questions you may have.

• Nucamp review!
      - 12/16/2019
      David  User Photo
      David • Student Verified via GitHub

Nucamp gave me my first look into the world of coding, and did I pretty great job at walking me through the basics/technicalities of things I knew NOTHING about. They make learning comfortable for beginners and those who may have some experience. Whether you're trying to find what's for you, or hone what you already know, Nucamp is the place for you.

• Mike C  User Photo
      Mike C • Account Executive • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose the course because it works with my work schedule and was very affordable. Toughest challenge was staying focused after a long work day but I definitely now know more then when I started which is great. As an intro course this isn't going to make you the worlds best coder over night but it will help you start to understand the basic structures of coding on the front end side of web development. In terms of Javascript it does start to get difficult but we all start somewhere so it makes a lot more sense which is something I really enjoy. Thank you Nucamp!

• Dwayne  User Photo
      Dwayne • Senior Research Associate • Student Verified via GitHub

I researched a lot of bootcamps.  What made me finally decide on NuCamp was the cost and the time commitment.  Quitting my job to do a full-time bootcamp was not an option.  Spending $10,000 for a bootcamp was also not an option.  I also like that there was a weekly in-person workshop.  I just finished my 5th week at NuCamp and it's been working out great.  The instructors are excellent.  The work load fits my schedule.  The Slack community is large and active and provides a forum for asking questions and connecting with other students.  Overall, so far my experience has been positive.

• Jennifer  User Photo
      Jennifer Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because I was interested in getting into Web Development.  The only experience I had with code was MySpace and that was about 14 years ago.   Shaun was a great instructor who really communicated well with his students and took time to check in on each one of us, especially during the workshops.  His feedback on our assignments was very helpful.  I definitely have way more knowledge now than I had before thanks to Nucamp.

• Nucamp
      - 12/14/2019
      Josh Rafail  User Photo
      Josh Rafail • Verified via LinkedIn

I had chosen Nucamp to be able to work with people in person. That didn't up working out and I had to take the online course. I'm disappointed there but the content was sufficient and I feel like it helped me really get started. I learned what I expected to learn and I feel more confident in the topics I learned.

• Jeff Stewart  User Photo
      Jeff Stewart • Graphic Designer/Production Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

There are a lot of bootcamps out there. Like most people on a budget, I was looking to maximize the bang for my buck. I found Nucamp, saw what they offered, read what people said about them, looked at the price tag, and decided to give them a shot.

I signed up for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (intro class). Katie (the instructor) was awesome! The class size was small and everyone was friendly and helpful. The tutorial videos/exercises were direct and challenging. I learned so much in four short weeks!

Like anything else, you’ll have to put in some serious effort to maximize it and Nucamp gives you the tools to do just that. Save yourself some money and give Nucamp a try!

• Louisville Nucamp
      - 12/14/2019
      Tamara Williams  User Photo
      Tamara Williams • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because I am a single mom wanting to change professions, but my time needs to be my own. Sometimes I am working into the midnight hour to get things done after the kids go to bed. This camp allows my the ability to make my own hours and work from home.

• Overall Experience:

I preferred nucamp since it had an in-person weekend workshop. But by the time I have registered for the full stack course, we were not having the in-person workshops because of fewer participants in the Raleigh area.
      I was hesitant a bit in the starting having no in-person workshop (but had an online workshop every weekend) but really loved their course structure and the 24/7 instructors/student alumni availability in answering the queries on time.

• Steve Hardwick  User Photo
      Steve Hardwick • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

As a complete novice when it comes to coding, I was intrigued by what Nucamp had to offer. I was extremely satisfied with both the level of instruction and the interactions with my instructor, Bryan. I feel like I have the necessary tools and am now prepared to tackle the full stack web dev course. I would highly recommend the four week HTML/CSS/JavaScript bootcamp to anyone who has always wanted to learn to code but didn't know where to start!

• Jeremy Rapp  User Photo
      Jeremy Rapp • Hardware/Software Support • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

So the NuCamp courses are great. They are the perfect blend, for working professionals who cannot take time off from work, to join an immersion bootcamp. I especially like how NuCamp focuses on affordability, networking with professionals in the community, up to date technologies, and the night school model. Make sure to set aside time to dedicate yourself to the bootcamp, but it is well worth it.

• Full Stack Web
      - 11/13/2019
      Conor Forrester  User Photo
      Conor Forrester • Automation Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The part-time cirriculum and the cost were the two major factors for me to commit to Nucamp. Most of us out there cannot consider quitting our jobs to take on an intense full-time bootcamp for many times the price of Nucamp. I also appreciate two specific things about Nucamp: they do not boast about their job placement percentage numbers for post-grads (in fact, they do the opposite and honestly state how other bootcamps inflate these numbers as a tactic to reel in students) and they offer multiple thinking points and a 25-question test for students to determine if they are ready to enroll in one of their advanced bootcamps.

• Complete learning
      - 11/13/2019
      Scott Miller  User Photo
      Scott Miller • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I've been learning web development for a while but this is the most complete program I've attempted. They seem to fill in the gaps that I was missing in other learning modules.

• Rico   User Photo
      Rico • Student Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because of the hybrid model - in-class workshops and online learning. The content is challenging enough to make you think of what you've learned up to that point and if all else fails, "Google" becomes your best friend.

And last, but not certainly the least, is the price of the overall bootcamp. You really cannot argue that price, especially for the content you are getting taught. I'm glad I made this choice!

• Good
      - 11/10/2019
      Emmanuel  User Photo
      Emmanuel • Student Verified via GitHub

Nucamp has been great! I definitely feel like I learned a lot. I wasn't much of a fan of the online videos, but I loved the in-person workshops and the instructor! One critique I might recommend is making the projects more open-ended and allow students to get more creative.

• Fabio  User Photo
      Fabio • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because of the mix of online and in person sessions.  I wanted the flexibility to do most of the work on my own time and meet to ask questions.  My instructor is very experience with 10 years experience in Fullstack development.  The other thing that I really like is the price, it is very affordable.  I am only five weeks into Fullstack and just got done with Bootstrap 4, I can say I learned a great deal and I am happy with the progress thus far.

• Bridget  User Photo
      Bridget • System Engineer - Legacy Systems • Student Verified via GitHub

Nucamp instructors and organizers were great.   Material was well constructed and followed logically.   Unfortunately, I was not able to spend much time on my studies due to work schedule.  However, still very valuable to get the snippets of information from teach and classmates.   Would be better if you can spend many hours a day researching and doing assignments.  But I still think you must encourage those with busy schedules to attend.  In fact, I have tried other self study courses and this is much better for the busy schedule.

• Good experience
      - 11/10/2019
      Rory Smith  User Photo
      Rory Smith • none • Student Verified via GitHub

I took the introductory html, css and javascript course.  The Nucamp program is a good middle path between expensive full time classrooms and online self-taught classes that most people don't actually finish.  It was a good program that I can recommend.

• Sukanya Manickam  User Photo
      Sukanya Manickam • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because it was extremely affordable when compared to the cost of other bootcamps. And having an instructor to assist at all stages of the course was truly the best part of the Nucamp experience. The course was great to learn the fundamentals and instructors were amazing. “Very flexible and affordable.” I like the combined learning of task in the one day workshop, able to learn and get more knowledge about coding through this camp.