nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Cambridge, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Orange County, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Riverside, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.73

all (263) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

• Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland
    Create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.

• Kervin  User Photo
    Kervin • Customer Care Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose nucamp for the flexibility of working at my full-time job and still being able to have a boot-camp that met in person. The price was great and am so happy with my decision.
  • Ian De Jesus  User Photo
    Ian De Jesus • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because of affordability and accessibility. Nucamp instructors are very informative and insightful. The curriculum is very flexible and the Nucamp Community is very welcoming when it comes to seeking advice.
  • Rebekah Hoopengarner  User Photo
    Rebekah Hoopengarner • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of its flexible schedule, since I have a full-time job and cannot take regular classes. I ended up really liking the Saturday workshops, and find the learning style during the week to be challenging, but not impossible. I'd recommend this course to anyone! It does take a good amount of self-discipline, but the course information is usually engaging enough to keep you interested and wanting to learn more. All the instructors are super helpful and kind, and genuinely want to see you succeed.
  • Mary  User Photo
    Mary • Student Verified via GitHub
    Nucamp is an outstanding bootcamp.  It is perfect for those of us who have a day job.  I spent 14-20 hours per week including Saturday morning team meetings.  My instructor was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful.  It was fun to learn in a group where we could share ideas.  They say you get what you pay for, so I was skeptical, since Nucamp is so much less than the 5-figure full-time bootcamps, but this is totally worth the money!  I highly recommend Nucamp and I'll be taking more courses from them.
  • Alejandro Aucestovar  User Photo
    Alejandro Aucestovar • Student Verified via GitHub
    NuCamp doesn't teach you everything about front end development but they put you in a very good learning situation/environment.  The basics they teach you are pure fundamentals that are absolutely needed in order to become a very good developer.  React and React Native are excellent courses!
  • Jose Ruiz Gomez  User Photo
    Jose Ruiz Gomez • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because it was the bootcamp that provided me with the best option to study remotely and on my own time, while also giving me live access to an instructor twice a week and to a whole community 24/7 through Slack. Saturday classes were well-paced and full of exercises that tested what we had learned during that week. Amy, our instructor, was always helpful and attentive.
  • Nucamp
    - 3/2/2020
    Sean M  User Photo
    Sean M • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because of cost and study flexibility. I just finished my Bootstrap Course; I loved my experience at Nucamp and with meeting with my other classmates weekly.
  • Jan  User Photo
    Jan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Course was good, instructor / teacher was great, very knowledgeable and approachable. Would have liked to spend more time on javascript and less on DOM.
  • Brandon E  User Photo
    Brandon E • Verified via LinkedIn
    The ability to do it at my wont pace and fully online is a major bonus. Having Saturday for feedback and to go over the week with a knowledgeable instructor is irreplaceable. The price point isn't hard on the wallet either.
  • Fundamentals
    - 2/29/2020
    Cristhian Harb  User Photo
    Cristhian Harb • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the 4 week web fundamentals bootcamp. Didn't know what to expect, but i'm glad i took it as I learned a lot. The price is fair for what you learn. I liked that it was a small group with one instructor where you can get personal help when you need it.
  • Linda Smith  User Photo
    Linda Smith • Retired • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I choose Nucamp because it was located in my city and the price was reasonable. I really enjoyed the classes because it was a great review for me and I learned so many things I didn't know. I look forward to the Full Stack Web and Mobile Development bootcamp!!!!
  • Monika  User Photo
    Monika Verified via GitHub
    This was my first boot camp and I really liked it considering the fees charged for the course, it is really good for a person beginning to learn to code. It definitely helps a person understanding if this is the right career for them. It gives a good start to a beginner and will give you fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Dan Haas  User Photo
    Dan Haas • Student Verified via GitHub
    I've completed only one part of the 4-part Full-Stack web dev program: Bootstrap.  I chose Nucamp because the price was right, the time commitment could be balanced with my work commitments, and it was conveniently located.  During the Bootstrap program, we were introduced to many features of Bootstrap and got a little practice implementing them in structured assignments, then a project we could put as much time and practice into as we wished.  I put more time and energy into the project than I typically did in the homework, as that's where I felt I was learning the most and practicing my own creativity.  I am really pleased with the project I made so far and I think it will be valuable in my portfolio.  Overall I'm glad I've gone with Nucamp so far and am looking forward to the next 3 parts of the course.
  • Fundamentals
    - 2/29/2020
    Melissa W  User Photo
    Melissa W • Verified via LinkedIn
    I thought that the course was informative and beneficial to future application. I did, however, feel that some of the material/videos were slightly outdated. The instructor was kind and helpful, but I still am uneasy about my JavaScript knowledge. I really enjoyed being able to communicate with other classmates through the Slack Channel; they were a big help overcoming any obstacles when the instructor was not available. I made some pretty wonderful connections and am overall satisfied with my decision to take this course. The flexibility and affordability of this is why I chose to take this course over others. As long as you put in the time and effort to complete your weekly assignments and attend the online sessions - you'll be just fine! It is definitely not easy and is most certainly time consuming; especially in the last two weeks, but it was worth it. I suggest asking your instructor all the questions you have and make sure you take notes!
  • HTML, CSS, JS
    - 2/26/2020
    Ronald Buckler  User Photo
    Ronald Buckler • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of the price. For a total of about $2100 I could get the same education that other bootcamps are charging >$10,000 for. Overall my experience in the intro to HTML, CSS, and JS course was positive. My instructor Mike was great and I feel like I learned a lot. However it seems like certain things were left out in the name of brevity. I don't necessarily think this was a bad thing because it encouraged me to go out on my own and find solutions, but I want to be transparent with my review.
  • Full Stack Course
    - 2/26/2020
    Hayat Ibrahim  User Photo
    Hayat Ibrahim • Independent Contractor • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because it fits my schedule. I have 3 kids and responsibilities at home so the fact that all the material is online and is sent out scheduled makes you focused on what to do in that week. Every Saturday we meet with the instructor and go through all the topics and have workshop assignment that wraps up everything for that week. The tuition fee is also reasonable. It is a good way of transitioning with out changing your life up side down.
  • Alley  User Photo
    Alley • Linux Systems Administrator • Student Verified via GitHub

Nucamp was the only viable option I found to have interactive class time without quitting my full time job. The HTML, CSS & JavaScript track was exactly what I needed to dip my toe in the water and see if I was truly interested in learning more about development without either a HUGE financial investment or sacrificing my current job. It was a fairly intense month but gave me enough incite to know I want to pursue the full stack curriculum.

• Nucamp Experience
    - 1/29/2020
    sabrina  User Photo
    sabrina • Student Verified via GitHub

I am currently still in rolled at Nucamp. This bootcamp is very affordable and educational. I have learned alot in my five months attending Nucamp. I would recommend anyone looking to followed to further their career interest in web development to try Nucamp out.

• Jenny Sims  User Photo
    Jenny Sims • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose NuCamp because of the location, cost, and the physical class times being on the weekend since I work 40 hours during the week. Them being able to take money out monthly is the only way I could afford to do something like this right now.

• TaCianna Mcknight  User Photo
    TaCianna Mcknight • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of it's price, the success rate of prior students, and the convenience of the classes being on the weekend. This class has allowed me to continue working full time and learn in my free time. I have been satisfied with the Html, CSS and Javascript class. I will definitely be moving forward with them for the Full-Stack program.
  • Raul   User Photo
    Raul • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I only took the fundamental course but this is great for those that are not able to attend a traditional bootcamp. In most traditional bootcamps you're required to compromise your job to attend classses, and not having to do that with NuCamp made my decision even easier. Don't let the price scare you away. Yes, the price is only a tenth of what you pay at other camps but this is not a case of "you get what you pay for". You will get great value out of this camp. Classes are small so you will have a lot of 1 on 1 time with your instructor and that to me was priceless. I am ready to take on their longer Front-end Development camp.

• Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Verified via LinkedIn

Nucamp is fantastic for those looking for a flexible and highly affordable bootcamp. This allowed me to continue working full time while pursuing a career in software development.