nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Cambridge, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Omaha, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 18-week full-stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the state of Washington and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn full stack web development online during the week, and then meet in person on the weekends for further learning. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps.

Prospective students should have a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. To apply, one must fill out an online form and quiz to assess knowledge and interest. The course is capped at 12 students. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. Students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (106) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

• Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
      LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas
      Create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
      Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
      Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.

• Full Stack Web
      - 11/13/2019
      Conor Forrester  User Photo
      Conor Forrester • Automation Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The part-time cirriculum and the cost were the two major factors for me to commit to Nucamp. Most of us out there cannot consider quitting our jobs to take on an intense full-time bootcamp for many times the price of Nucamp. I also appreciate two specific things about Nucamp: they do not boast about their job placement percentage numbers for post-grads (in fact, they do the opposite and honestly state how other bootcamps inflate these numbers as a tactic to reel in students) and they offer multiple thinking points and a 25-question test for students to determine if they are ready to enroll in one of their advanced bootcamps.

• Complete learning
      - 11/13/2019
      Scott Miller  User Photo
      Scott Miller • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I've been learning web development for a while but this is the most complete program I've attempted. They seem to fill in the gaps that I was missing in other learning modules.

• Rico   User Photo
      Rico • Student Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because of the hybrid model - in-class workshops and online learning. The content is challenging enough to make you think of what you've learned up to that point and if all else fails, "Google" becomes your best friend.

And last, but not certainly the least, is the price of the overall bootcamp. You really cannot argue that price, especially for the content you are getting taught. I'm glad I made this choice!

• Good
      - 11/10/2019
      Emmanuel  User Photo
      Emmanuel • Student Verified via GitHub

Nucamp has been great! I definitely feel like I learned a lot. I wasn't much of a fan of the online videos, but I loved the in-person workshops and the instructor! One critique I might recommend is making the projects more open-ended and allow students to get more creative.

• Fabio  User Photo
      Fabio • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because of the mix of online and in person sessions.  I wanted the flexibility to do most of the work on my own time and meet to ask questions.  My instructor is very experience with 10 years experience in Fullstack development.  The other thing that I really like is the price, it is very affordable.  I am only five weeks into Fullstack and just got done with Bootstrap 4, I can say I learned a great deal and I am happy with the progress thus far.

• Bridget  User Photo
      Bridget • System Engineer - Legacy Systems • Student Verified via GitHub

Nucamp instructors and organizers were great.   Material was well constructed and followed logically.   Unfortunately, I was not able to spend much time on my studies due to work schedule.  However, still very valuable to get the snippets of information from teach and classmates.   Would be better if you can spend many hours a day researching and doing assignments.  But I still think you must encourage those with busy schedules to attend.  In fact, I have tried other self study courses and this is much better for the busy schedule.

• Good experience
      - 11/10/2019
      Rory Smith  User Photo
      Rory Smith • none • Student Verified via GitHub

I took the introductory html, css and javascript course.  The Nucamp program is a good middle path between expensive full time classrooms and online self-taught classes that most people don't actually finish.  It was a good program that I can recommend.

• Sukanya Manickam  User Photo
      Sukanya Manickam • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because it was extremely affordable when compared to the cost of other bootcamps. And having an instructor to assist at all stages of the course was truly the best part of the Nucamp experience. The course was great to learn the fundamentals and instructors were amazing. “Very flexible and affordable.” I like the combined learning of task in the one day workshop, able to learn and get more knowledge about coding through this camp.

• Best Bootcamp
      Katie  User Photo
      Katie • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I wanted to learn html, css and javascript while also being able to manage school and work. I did a lot of research and found Nucamp, it was an affordable price with just the right amount of work for me to manage everything. I previously tried learning these things on my own but was never encouraged to actually learn it all as I was in Nucamp since we have weekly online meetings to discuss the previous week and to allocate time to do that week's assignment. Nucamp has taught me a lot and made me realize that I actually enjoy web development! In the future, I plan to move on to the front end and fullstack bootcamps on Nucamp.

• NuCamp Review
      Jeremy Rapp  User Photo
      Jeremy Rapp • Product Support Representative • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I liked how affordable NuCamp is and how it is geared towards working professionals, as I do not have time to join a full-time bootcamp. NuCamp is the perfect balance, for work and after work learning.

• NuCamp is the Best
      Juanse Herrera  User Photo
      Juanse Herrera • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Everything during the Bootstrap course was perfect. The online classes help you to learn at your own pace and let you manage your time according to your necessities. Any doubt you have during the week can be really well solved during the face-to-face workshop and your skills can be developed to their limit. I really recommend Nucamp.

• Renato  User Photo
      Renato • Student Verified via GitHub

I have attempted online courses in the past from a variety of companies and recognize that I am most motivated when accountable to deadlines and a class setting. I chose Nucamp because it is an affordable next step from those online courses. It has been a long time since I have been in a class setting and  I was not sure I would be able to commit to regular in-person classes. This course was perfect for my situation.

Nucamp is great because it combines online instructions, online resources, and in-person support. I have many more hours of coding to go before proficiency, but this course gave me a framework for improving.

• Course review
      - 10/7/2019
      Brian P Gallagher  User Photo
      Brian P Gallagher • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I chose NuCamp because of the low price. I liked the curriculum taught and the instructor was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. I would definitely take more courses through NuCamp.

• Rating
      - 10/7/2019
      Sarah  User Photo
      Sarah • Student Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because of the price and schedule. I really liked that we have Slack to talk to more people going through the same problem.

• web development
      - 10/1/2019
      Jason  User Photo
      Jason • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The Price of NuCamp is very affordable and you don't feel any pressure when doing the assignments. The Benefit of NuCamp is you can do the work on your schedule and only have to attend a class once a week.

• Web Fundamentals
      - 9/10/2019
      Scott Barkley  User Photo
      Scott Barkley • Graduate Verified via GitHub

For me, Nucamp's pace of learning had the mix of online and in person training and accountability that best fit my situation. I would highly recommend Nucamp for any person wanting to explore a web development career.

• Travis McDaniel  User Photo
      Travis McDaniel • A & P Mechanic • Student Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because of cost and the ability to work at home online to complete the course. It was a great experience and stepping stone into the Web Fundamentals and prepped me for the Fullstack course. It was challenging but not overwhelming. Gaining new resources like Slack, Git/GitHub and W3 Schools are just some of the tools I was exposed to. I'm completely satisfied with my choice.

• Full Stack Corse
      - 8/31/2019
      Rocky Kev  User Photo
      Rocky Kev • Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because it fits within my schedule, and combines a flipped classroom style of learn on your own time, and then meet to discuss and troubleshoot. The accountability and due dates means we are always pushing. There's also a lot of instructors/students who are working together to help you go farther/faster compared to self-learning - thanks to Slack. I'm always excited to meet my classmates and I every single day, I'm improving in my skill as a developer.

• Talon  User Photo
      Talon • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp's Intro to HTML, CSS, and Javascript course and just finished up. It's only a month long, really affordable and I definitely recommend it. It's not hard, the videos throughout the week really go in depth at explaining every topic well. I think it's the perfect class to make sure you understand how these three languages interact with each other on a basic level while not being too hard for people brand new to these concepts. It was perfect for me as I learned more than I'd previously known about how to interact with elements via JavaScript.

I work two jobs and don't have a lot of spare cash, so this course is perfect for me with flexibility throughout the week and only relying on Saturday mornings. I'm already signed up to pursue the Full Stack Web and Mobile Course knowing that I'm going to have a good time learning these concepts.

• Robert Casey  User Photo
      Robert Casey • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The availability to get help from all sources: instructor, peers as well as online; provided me with a better sense of the working environment of computer programming.  Especially important since just online sources lead me into a stagnant cycle of learning.

• Nucamp is great!
      - 7/18/2019
      Chris  User Photo
      Chris • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because it was affordable, offered structured courses, and generated discipline to code. Over time, I went from someone who had very limited experience in HTML/CSS/JS to debugging our mobile app using an Android emulator and helping others write complex JavaScript code. This took about three months. Coding, like most work, is what you make of it. Nucamp helped to facilitate my desire for a greater career, and something I'm genuinely passionate about, and get me moving in the right direction to make radical life changes. I have already recommended this course to a few other people and I hope they sign up - it's so exciting!

• Great intro course
      - 4/12/2019
      Christina  User Photo
      Christina • Ecommerce Manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn
      I am only rating the Web Fundamentals course. Great atmosphere, great community, and great teacher. I think looking for your own resources is a must while doing this course. There is so much to get familiar with when you are beginner! Nucamp gives you the will and courage to push and want more. It also gives you the basics and a little more to have solid foundations and confidence you need to pursue! I will be following their Front End & Mobile course for sure!