nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Atlanta, Baltimore, Bellingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Dallas, Dallas, Detroit, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Marysville, Minneapolis, Nashville, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reno, Riverside, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St. Paul, Tacoma, Washington, Washington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (1064) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (10) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$8/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$10/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Misana Bannister  User Photo
    Misana Bannister • Student Verified via GitHub
    I joined Nucamp as a result of an ad I saw on Facebook, because I have been recently searching for appropriate learning as it relates to Web Development and Javascript. Having subscribed to Codecademy earlier in the year and despite having full access (due to subscription) to their entire slate of learning streams, I found myself not terribly motivated to go thru the streams alone. This course from Nucamp which combines self study with interactivity and a dedicated instructor is the happy middle ground I personally need to learn, understand and keep up with the content on a weekly basis. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to do another stream with Nucamp or 2 or 3. I've found my Web Development learning home and I'm quite content to stick with it. An added bonus which is a negative for similarly offered bootcamps from other companies is the fact that the streams offerred by Nucamp are very inexpensive and affordable (not cheap) but achievable for those operating on a low income. Added to which they also offer very reasonable financing options which cost no additional interest. Awesome awesome job Nucamp, You have me for life..
  • Dee Dreslough  User Photo
    Dee Dreslough • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The price and asynchronous self-paced lectures were the two main factors that lead me to choose Nucamp. I need the workshop for accountability and to create a real social deadline. This format works perfectly for my learning style. The Moodle "ladder" score triggered my competitive nature so I worked to get all the assignments in first, but the social small-group breakouts triggered my "help the team/keep up with the team" instincts. Support is everywhere - especially on Slack. But, amazingly, I didn't need too much help. I now feel really great about my knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript, but what I really appreciate is the concepts of the Document Object Model and "Traversing the DOM". It all finally makes sense, and I can make it work!
  • Just get in
    - 6/19/2021
    Brian  User Photo
    Brian • Student Verified via GitHub
    Nucamp was an affordable way to make a career change into coding. Its probably best if you try coding on your own first and then transition into nucamp. At the end of the day you gotta ignore the numbers of other programmers/developers and just run your own race. Try and find a way to GET IN the industry on your own terms. Keep in mind this review is for the 4 week intro camp so there was no job placement. I am planning on continuing on into the front end developer program in a few weeks.
  • Chris Swanson  User Photo
    Chris Swanson • Attorney, Engineer Verified via GitHub
    I enrolled in Nucamp to modernize my technical skills for reentry to the field of software development after a 20-year absence during which I acted under the mistaken assumption I would enjoy practicing law to an equal extent as I felt developing software.  In the end, I found I was mistaken.  If you are the kind of person who enjoys building things and exploring new technology, you are unlikely to find any pursuit which gives you the same satisfaction as you can achieve working as an engineer in a technical profession.

Prior to practicing law, I had the good fortune of being positioned to hire programmers for entry level jobs with an internet startup at which I was an original employee.  With knowledge of the rigorous nature of Nucamp’s curriculum as well as my observation of the caliber of students who persevere to the program’s conclusion, I can say without hesitation I would have been more than willing to hire a Nucamp graduate for any entry level role.

Having also been fortunate enough to have completed a standard collegiate-level program in computer science, I am likewise positioned to indicate the innate technical acumen necessary for successful completion of Nucamp’s program is equal to or even greater than that necessary to complete a traditional four or six-year computer science program... the only difference being the shorter length of immersion which is counterbalanced by Nucamp's cutting edge and significantly more intense curriculum.  Many computer science graduates, including myself, would find this coursework to be near the limit of their capabilities.

The undeniably reasonable cost of this program - when compared to similarly placed programming bootcamps – is strong evidence that those who founded Nucamp as well as those who work to make it happen, are undoubtedly in this business for all the right reasons.  It has been my impression that those who give their professional time and/or careers to running this program do so as a labor of love.  Nucamp’s administration and staff are capable engineers who devote their valuable time to training the next generation of programmers.  A large percentage of the instructors come from a company which is perhaps the most consequential software development company in the history of computing.

I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants an intense, incredibly well priced and time-sensitive preparation for an industry which continues to be at the forefront of societal progress and employment opportunity.

Sincerely,
    Chris Swanson, MS, JD
  • Nina Reed  User Photo
    Nina Reed • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I came across Nucamp online, I liked that transparency the website offered about the programs and the course costs. Everyone I have interacted with has been very helpful and eager to support my learning goals.
  • NuCamp is awesome!
    - 5/31/2021
    Renee Matthews  User Photo
    Renee Matthews • Student Verified via GitHub
    I have always been interested in coding.  It's something I've wanted to do for many years.  Other bootcamps are prohibitively expensive and my stumbling block has been JavaScript.   I've tried online learning on my own, but without an instructor to talk to during moments of getting stuck, I became frustrated and stopped.

NuCamp's lessons are given in small digestable chunks and while I still have a long way to go with JavaScript, it's no longer this huge scary THING that used to intimidate me!  NuCamp just introduced a Python Course and I'm so excited to finish my current Full Stack course and enroll in that one!

If you're on the fence about NuCamp, jump over to the NuCamp side - you won't regret it!
  • Albert Martinez  User Photo
    Albert Martinez • Student Verified via GitHub
    What drove me to enroll was my dedication to accomplishing a goal I had set a few years ago. I set a goal to be a web designer and web developer. I would give it a 1000% effort and nothing less than my best. After studying at a university and having been self-taught, the proof for me would be in my pudding. Finally, I stumbled upon my ingredients and tools here at NuCamp. I have completed my first course in the Full Stack Development Bootcamp, and I can say with absolute certainty, I  made the right choice. There had been many questions I have had for some time now that caused doubt or uncertainty in my abilities as a developer.  That is quickly being replaced with learning to understand and identify my strengths and weaknesses as I code independently and with a team.  It will be a massive growing experience as I continue on my path with NuCamp. As I meet each challenge head-on, I  am looking forward to making tons of mistakes, learning smarter, understanding deeper, growing stronger. Moving forward.
  • Jonathan I.  User Photo
    Jonathan I. • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because of the flexibility, instructor assistance, and affordability. I Completed my first month today. We learn the fundaments of Javascript and Bootstrap library and other important topics like npm and how to deploy a website using many tools.
    Our Instructor was very knowledgeable, I was able to expand my fundamentals of what I taught myself in the past. I'm thankful to Nucamp for providing amazing instructors and such a flexible schedule that anyone can learn and manage their busy lives.

• Brad Reed  User Photo
    Brad Reed • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I choose Nucamp because it has the most reasonable price and has a schedule that I can actually (mostly) adhere to. I have an irregular and unusual work schedule so this was extremely helpful. I have only just finished the first of 4 courses in the Full Stack bootcamp and I look forward to continuing my learning.
  • Bolivia Kristoreya Mays  User Photo
    Bolivia Kristoreya Mays • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of the flexibility, instructor assistance, and affordability. I just completed the last week of Web Fundamentals and will be continuing on to Full Stack Web/Mobile Development. Though I've had an avid interest in technology and coding for some time, I actually was not actively seeking a bootcamp when I came across information about Nucamp. My search for bootcamps in the past few years did not turn up anything that completely aligned with my lifestyle. After reading over what Nucamp had to offer, I immediately jumped on the opportunity. During my time in Nucamp thus far, I have most enjoyed working on the projects and connecting with peers. I look forward to expanding my coding skills and knowledge further.
  • Opeyemi Animashaun  User Photo
    Opeyemi Animashaun • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose nucamp due to the affordability and the workload working with my current work schedule. I liked learning the basics of web development and this has inspired a new passion in me to continue my development in programming.