124 Best Ethical Hacking Bootcamps
- 1422Reviews11CoursesSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online progra... Read MoreSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, tech sales, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through regular video calls. Read MoreStephanie Hoff
5Graduate - Course: Data Analytics Career Track - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Positive ExperienceI overall enjoyed the Data Analytics Career Track program. I chose Springboard because of the 1:1 mentorship and job guarantee when I was looking to pivot my ca ... Read More
I overall enjoyed the Data Analytics Career Track program. I chose Springboard because of the 1:1 mentorship and job guarantee when I was looking to pivot my career. I found the Slack Channel and weekly office hours very helpful if I was having trouble completing a section of the curriculum. I learned the key skills needed to become a data analyst and was happy that I was able to work on projects utilizing the tools that are used regularly in the industry. I would recommend Springboard's program to others looking to pivot their career.... Read Less
5Student - Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) - Lisbon
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: An experience that revealed meThe Iron Hack bootcamp was an enriching experience on all aspects: professional and personal.I came out of it with a new job, a new vision of life and an endles ... Read MoreThe Iron Hack bootcamp was an enriching experience on all aspects: professional and personal.... Read Less
I came out of it with a new job, a new vision of life and an endless ambition. Whether it's from teachers or classmates, every feedback made me grow in an unexpected way.
The way of learning is much more interesting than in traditional courses: theory and practice become one.
- 763Reviews14CoursesCorrelation One offers a part-time, live online Data Science For All bootcamp taught by instructors from universities, such as Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Bo... Read MoreCorrelation One offers a part-time, live online Data Science For All bootcamp taught by instructors from universities, such as Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Bootcamp classes are taught on Saturdays from 10 am to 8 pm. The total weekly time commitment, including out of class work, is approximately 15 hours. Data Science For All students will work in small teams on projects to solve real world data and AI challenges. Students will create a project to showcase their skills to potential employers. Read MoreAmenah Hammad
5Graduate - Course: DS4A / Jordan - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A Fruitful Experience at DS4A/JordanRotating at different courses and campuses for more than a year, finally landed a cohort that has exactly what I was looking for for Data science and Analytics. ... Read MoreRotating at different courses and campuses for more than a year, finally landed a cohort that has exactly what I was looking for for Data science and Analytics. A very well structured and organized program, Amazing lead instructors who give their best to make sure we can absorb the greatest amount of knowledge, very cooperating TAs, and fellows with different backgrounds which makes the learning experience even more valuable. Never expected that I might find a program that is all online with this spectacular quality. Great lectures, content and organizers. Hats up for all whom gave their effort to make this piece of art.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Software Development Online Full-Time - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: this is a BOOTCAMPAs an individual coming from NO computer background what-so-ever, I want to share my experiences.First of all, I have a great support system at home that allow ... Read MoreAs an individual coming from NO computer background what-so-ever, I want to share my experiences.... Read Less
First of all, I have a great support system at home that allowed me to focus 100% on this course for 4 months. I was able to take a recourse to prepare me for the full-time program.
The first month was HARD. I thought I was going to give up. The assignments are fast, and I spent all of my free time studying. It was difficult not to compare where I stood to others in my class. At my toughest moment, I reached out to my Career Services Manager and my TA. They both helped encourage me and offer support when I needed them.
I would say the most important take-aways for those looking to join the bootcamp: Make sure you have a support system. Don't compare yourself to others in the class. Stay dedicated and find the motivation behind why you're doing this.
Coding Dojo has great resources throughout the course, that continue on for 6 months after you graduate. There is also an option to pay more for a yearly alumni pass.
- 559Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Read MoreFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Read MoreMackoy Staloch
5Graduate - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thorough, expensive, and fast-paced.I started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role ... Read MoreI started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role where I could merge my soft skills into a more technical field. I was referred to the Flatiron program by a fellow Loan Officer who was also interested in moving into a more technical role. He convinced me that the program was worth the price tag. ($16,900 is what I paid for the start of my program.) I left my job and started the program and I haven't turned back. I graduated in late November and have accepted a position as a business analyst. As far as turnaround times go on employment, I couldn't be happier.... Read Less
One thing I would like to see more of in this program is an increased focus on SQL and visualization programs like Tableau or Power BI, as those are required for many data analyst roles. I would recommend this program for anyone who is interested in learning Python and its many libraries for data science / data analytics purposes.
- 389Reviews33CoursesThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland cam... Read MoreThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland campus.The Tech Academy offers bootcamps in computer programming, website development, cybersecurity, game development, mobile development, data science, and front-end development. The immersive experience aims to create well-rounded technology professionals, and also gives students the option to take the course at their own pace. There are also no set starts dates or rigid scheduling. Students can enroll at any time, study from home, and choose whatever study schedule they would like. Read MoreAlejandra Lopez
5Graduate - Course: Online C# and .NET Framework Boot Camp (full-time) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Absolutely amazing!I am so happy that I chose the Tech Academy bootcamp. It really is so worth the cost. I was able to learn so much and in such a meaningful way. The staff is als ... Read MoreI am so happy that I chose the Tech Academy bootcamp. It really is so worth the cost. I was able to learn so much and in such a meaningful way. The staff is also incredibly helpful, I felt their genuine want to help me every time I reached out to someone. I cannot thank all the staff enough for their kindness and willingness to teach and guide me through this process.... Read Less
- 376Reviews14CoursesFullstack Academy is a tech bootcamp that offers immersive online programs for web development, cybersecurity, data analytics, DevOps, and product management... Read MoreFullstack Academy is a tech bootcamp that offers immersive online programs for web development, cybersecurity, data analytics, DevOps, and product management. Fullstack Academy was founded in 2012 and also offers the Grace Hopper Program, an immersive software engineering course for women and non-binary students, in addition to partnerships with leading universities nationwide. Read MoreArtem Podmaskov
5Graduate - Course: Fullstack Academy Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thanks to this company,I will also leave a review. Thanks to this company, I've been working as a front-end developer for more than 5 years now, and I've had nothing but success. Thro ... Read MoreI will also leave a review. Thanks to this company, I've been working as a front-end developer for more than 5 years now, and I've had nothing but success. Throughout this time, I have worked with React, React Native, and Vue. In regards to GoIt, the guys provide a very solid foundation; however, it is necessary to constantly evolve and improve oneself; this is the key to success. This company is ideal for learning if you have a passion for the IT industry and are willing to learn something new regardless of obstacles.... Read Less
- 337Reviews5CoursesDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instruc... Read MoreDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instructors, and WeWork memberships are included at no additional charge for students needing a place to study. Read MoreThomas Zimmerman
5Graduate - Course: Web Development (Full-time, Online or Atlanta Campus) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Very positive experience, but is it for you?I am a graduate from Digital Crafts. I attended the full time web development bootcamp online for four months starting in July of 2022, and have since then got ... Read MoreI am a graduate from Digital Crafts. I attended the full time web development bootcamp online for four months starting in July of 2022, and have since then got my first job in software development / web development with the experience and knowledge I attained from attending Digital Crafts. There is no doubt in my mind that without the leg up I attained from a curriculum in web development as well as my fantastic instructor Veronica, that I would not have been able to land my first job in the field. Despite the fantastic experience I had with DC, there is a few things I would like to make any prospective boot camp students aware of before paying the price of admission.... Read Less
1. You get out what you put into it.
If you are thinking that you will be able to coast through this course like a college or highschool course, get a certificate, then get a web development job, you may, but you probably won't. More than anything else the experience and skills you gain from attending all the classes, getting a grasp on all the material offered, and being able to demonstrate your aptitude is what's going to get you a job. Having a credential/ certificate is nice, but with no experience you have to have the knowledge and projects to back you up when going on interviews.
2. It's possible to go into this with no prior coding experience and succeed, but you really should not!
Going into any boot camp you will hear and read "No prior knowledge of coding necessary!". This is true, but this is not what I did, and I believe going in with a basic understanding of OOP helped me learn more and learn faster than my classmates who were completely fresh to every single topic. It's not impossible to catch up, but during your time attending DC you will have to run twice as fast to learn half as much, and as I said earlier, the more you can perform the better off you will be when you finish. I would highly recommend going through some basic programming material for a couple months before making the commitment, it will help a ton in my estimation.
3. Job assistance...
As you may have read from other reviews there is not guarantee that DC will do anything to get you a job after graduation. Despite some saying they do nothing, I think that is bogus, as there are networking opportunities, seminars, and the door is always open with staff members who work in career services who will give you specific detailed advice and guidance on what you need to do and how you need to do it to get your first job. It is also true that there's a good chance you can be hired as a TA ( teachers assistant ) by DC after you completed the course which will give you the experience you need to go somewhere else. It's not the best Job assistance in the world, as they will not hold your hand to your next position they picked out for you, but DC will give you what you need to move in the right direction.
4. I've heard some things...
During my time at DC I have heard some things that I would be remiss not to disclose here. I heard from one of my classmates who knew somebody that was taking the same course with a different instructor in part-time web development that there was a lot of funny business going on. It seemed that the quality of the classes/ assistance from the instructor was lackluster and something I definitely would not be happy about had I experienced myself. That being said this is word of mouth, I don't really know, but I would highly recommend if you want to attend, you do the full-time any way as I think it is a much better structure to begin with.
5. The Curriculum itself.
The curriculum itself is pretty good. It covers full-stack web development pretty deeply for the amount of time you actually spend learning and practicing material. That being said, In hindsight I wish the course had a larger focus in back-end web development with a server side language. No matter what part of web development you strive with, you may need to allocate serious time keep learning more languages/frameworks after the fact to fill in some missing skills from your resume before you get your first position.
That is pretty much all I have to report about the bootcamp. If I could go back in time I would chose to attend this bootcamp every single time. The people that I met there were all absolutely fantastic, and the fact that it accomplished for me what it was supposed to accomplish means I really have nothing to complain about. Despite that, I believe that coding bootcamps are not for everyone, and you really have to consider what you are capable of before you sign up and pay for any bootcamp.
- 254Reviews3CoursesFounded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootca... Read MoreFounded in Portugal in 2015,
Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code. Read MoreKarolis Vaitkevicius
5Graduate - Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp - Terceira Island
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: The best educational experienceI attended the bootcamp shortly after finishing high school. I also did a 1 year course in acting. I can say that the amount of fun I got from learning through ... Read MoreI attended the bootcamp shortly after finishing high school. I also did a 1 year course in acting. I can say that the amount of fun I got from learning through Academia de Código is on par, if not more than my acting course. While the amount of different things I learned is on par with multiple years of high school. You don't just learn a language in which you can program. You learn what makes a good programmer and you're given the tools to explore that. If you want the success that this course promises then you need to take it full on and remove every other distraction from your day to day life. Some people couldn't do that and so they cruised along the course and didn't amount to much. Others (most) are now working in the industry alongside other people who spent multiple years in university and earn the same while providing equal value. Actually, I would go as far as to say that A.C. produces alumni that provide even higher value because we're not taught in old fashioned ways of the university. We're taught the essentials and our motivation and drive does the rest.... Read Less
- 235Reviews5CoursesACTE offers online, self-paced, 8-week Masters bootcamps covering topics, such as Cyber Security Expert, Digital Marketing, Full Stack Developer, Data Scienc... Read MoreACTE offers online, self-paced, 8-week Masters bootcamps covering topics, such as Cyber Security Expert, Digital Marketing, Full Stack Developer, Data Science, and Data Analyst. The Masters bootcamps are instructor-led and the Masters curriculum has been designed by subject matter experts. Read MoreSumit
Verified Via GitHub
Says: ADMEC- Video editing instituteADMEC MULTIMEDIA INSTITUTE provide one of the best video editing training institute in Delhi The courses are set by industry experts and provide internships an ... Read MoreADMEC MULTIMEDIA INSTITUTE provide one of the best video editing training institute in Delhi The courses are set by industry experts and provide internships and live projects after the completion of the course
If you just wanting to learn the basic of video editing then you can join any video editing courses.
There are many courses available at ADMEC like Adobe after effect course,Adobe premiere pro course and many more.
But if you want to make a good career in video editing and film making then you must go for Diploma in film making and video editing course.As with this course you can open a door of unlimited career oppurtunities.... Read Less
- 219Reviews49CoursesCode Fellows is a technical skills training academy in the Pacific Northwest that offers full- and part-time software development, ops and cybersecurity cour... Read MoreCode Fellows is a technical skills training academy in the Pacific Northwest that offers full- and part-time software development, ops and cybersecurity courses online and in-person from their Seattle, Washington location. Code Fellows guides people from all backgrounds to change their lives through fast-paced, career-focused education. Since their first cohort in 2013, Code Fellows has taught over 1,600 graduates and iterated on their curriculum and format to ensure students receive the most industry-relevant training as effectively and efficiently as possible. Code Fellows shapes passionate learners with immersive training to meet industry needs and improve diversity. Students are immersed in their learning with daily lectures, pair programming, weekly presentations from full-time instructional staff who are seasoned industry professionals, one-week project sprints, and more. Code Fellows graduates work at Amazon, Microsoft, Zillow, Expedia, XBOX, NIKE, Amazon, Starbucks, Nordstrom, and over 800 other companies. Read MoreTyler Housden
5Student - Course: Ops 201: Foundations of Computer Operations (Full-Time, Online) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great ExperienceFound codefellows through the vettec program. After trying a previous course I was hesitant, but glad I made the decision to enroll. The ops course builds your ... Read MoreFound codefellows through the vettec program. After trying a previous course I was hesitant, but glad I made the decision to enroll. The ops course builds your IT knowledge with a good foundation and adds on top of that each day. Would recommend to anyone looking to start a career in IT.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Java Software Developer Online - St. Louis
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Do yourself a favor...Claim Academy was the best decision I could have made. I decided to go to Claim Academy after my first semester of grad school at a 4 year university. The progr ... Read MoreClaim Academy was the best decision I could have made. I decided to go to Claim Academy after my first semester of grad school at a 4 year university. The program I am enrolled in is suppose to teach a complete beginner coding skills. My university failed phenomenally, with most of my beginners java class averaging a 68 on an open note open book final exam. I decided to find someone who could teach what I needed to know. Claim Academy not only taught me Java, but also taught me tools I needed to ace interviews and get call backs. I have an interview every day next week from recruiters that reached out to me through my association with Claim Academy. I can't thank them enough. If you're lucky, you'll get to have Brandon or Nife as your instructors and Dannohh as a mentor. This is a solid team of instructors regardless of who you get though. Each of them is dedicated to you understanding the material. You just have to put in the work, and everything will fall into place. Do yourself a favor and choose Claim Academy.... Read Less
- 152Reviews2CoursesEvolve Security Academy offers a 20-week, part-time cybersecurity bootcamp live-online. Evolve Security Academy offers holistic cybersecurity education as we... Read MoreEvolve Security Academy offers a 20-week, part-time cybersecurity bootcamp live-online. Evolve Security Academy offers holistic cybersecurity education as well as advanced tracks on specific areas within cybersecurity. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp provides hands-on and immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through the live security assessment work they perform on non-profit organizations. With over 350,000 unfilled cyber security jobs in the U.S. and 1,000,000 globally, their primary focus is on creating top-tier cyber security talent and placing them into high-paying jobs. Read MoreCallum Goheen
5Graduate - Course: Cybersecurity Bootcamp: Live-Online - Chicago
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Focussed and Hands-on Cybersecurity BootcampI had a great experience with Evolve. They provide a great learning environment for both total beginners in the tech space and people with experience. It prepar ... Read MoreI had a great experience with Evolve. They provide a great learning environment for both total beginners in the tech space and people with experience. It prepares you for you career with plenty of career coaching and one-on-one time with the instructors. There is a focus on getting hands-on experience with many of the tools you will use throughout a cybersecurity career.... Read Less
- 147Reviews7CoursesEleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week ful... Read MoreEleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis. Read MoreCassandra Emery
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great Start to CodingI finished Coding Foundations today and it has been wonderful, hard, at times a depressing and rewarding experience. I had a really great cohort and met some am ... Read MoreI finished Coding Foundations today and it has been wonderful, hard, at times a depressing and rewarding experience. I had a really great cohort and met some amazing people in this program. We did have our first teacher leave halfway through the program, which threw some of us off a little as they were an amazing teacher and then we had to switch to a completely new teaching style. Our new teacher was knowledgeable and a little faster paced than our previous one. I was fine with the fast pace because it works for me, so I enjoyed him as a teacher overall. We did some great projects and work together.... Read Less
Financing wise was the hardest for me being an out of state remote student which is why I cannot continue to Immersions (Software Development) unfortunately. If you are an out of state student just be mindful or have the full tuition prepared because you cannot get the school's deferred tuition or other help if you cannot get a loan for both halves of the program. As the program is split into two parts (Coding Foundations and Software Development) you can be approved for a Climb loan for the first half and not approved for the second, leaving you with no certification or job assistance and a loan to pay back. If you're in state they have many options and resources available to help you.
In the end it was a rewarding experience and I learning a lot. I am grateful for this experience and I'm excited to continue my journey on a slightly different path than I intended! We had some student services employees taking the class with us and they are phenomenal people so I know students are in good hands when entering immersions and beyond! Thank you to everyone who put up with my silliness you are the best. I may have to visit Indiana someday because you guys represented so well!
5Student - Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time - Atlanta
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Georgia Tech Fullstack Web development BootcampIn my experience as a Fullstack developer and student of Georgia Tech University coding Boot Camp, I've learned exceptional skills that have prepared me for the ... Read MoreIn my experience as a Fullstack developer and student of Georgia Tech University coding Boot Camp, I've learned exceptional skills that have prepared me for the workforce. The program will prepare you to code and grasp a deep understanding of the latest technology within the IT industry. Learning to code goes beyond putting fingers to the keyboard, it is about utilizing your current skills, building a network with others, applying what you know, and beating the imposter syndrome. The program has submerged me with industry knowledge and provided an excellent network of people that believe in me and want to see me succeed. It will challenge you to step outside your shell and acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses. Prior to joining the program, I worked in healthcare for the past four years, my specialty was in supply chain management and I used to think I couldn't code. As a minority, I felt that I was inadequate or underserving of having access to building apps and machines. When I first got into the program, I would sometimes doubt my abilities but after connecting with mentors, and having my instructor who also believed in me I feel confident to go into the workforce and get any job I desire. I believe in myself more; I was able to meet others that also didn't have a lot of experience in coding and I felt right at home. If I could give anyone advice it would be to not focus on what you don't know, only focus on what you can learn and the opportunities that will be available after you complete the cohort. I would've believed in myself a long time ago had I known there were support systems out there such as the Georgia Tech Fullstack web development program. My wish is that my testimony inspires others to start believing in themselves and not to ever doubt what you can do. You won't know what you can do until you try, and I look forward to utilizing my new skill to advance in life. I do not regret taking this course. I believe in order to do something big you have to do something you've never done before. I encourage others to sign up for a Boot Camp that aligns with their life goals, when you close your eyes what do you see? If you can conceive it in your mind, you can achieve it physically. This is only the beginning and one of the greatest feelings about learning to code is you don't need to know everything so come with your notebook, computer, and with an open mindset and ready to ask questions because you will be learning as long as you're working in the Tech industry.... Read Less
- 108Reviews12CoursesSchool of IT offers both online and in person bootcamps from its campuses in Cape Town and Somerset West, South Africa. Bootcamps include Full Stack Software... Read MoreSchool of IT offers both online and in person bootcamps from its campuses in Cape Town and Somerset West, South Africa. Bootcamps include Full Stack Software Development, Mobile App Development, Digital Marketing, CyberSecurity, and Data Science. Students may choose to complete the bootcamps in 12-weeks (full time) or 24-weeks (part time). All bootcamps come with courseware, including ebooks, certain software programs, and additional resources. Read MoreLuthando Mchunu
5Graduate - Course: Cyber Security (Online) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Security+Awesone experience studying Security+, 1 on 1 lessons are the best. Looking forward to do the 2nd certificate. ... Read MoreAwesone experience studying Security+, 1 on 1 lessons are the best. Looking forward to do the 2nd certificate.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: iOS Development Bootcamp - Toronto
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Is coding bootcamp for you?I came to this review site before quitting my job and doing this bootcamp, so I thought it would be nice to come full circle and leave a review after starting m ... Read MoreI came to this review site before quitting my job and doing this bootcamp, so I thought it would be nice to come full circle and leave a review after starting my career in tech. Overall, the bootcamp is great - you learn a lot in a short amount of time. I would recommend a bootcamp if you are in a hurry to change careers. That being said, LHL is not responsible for the overarching job market / economic climate. When I graduated every tech giant was doing mass layoffs. Bear that in mind before making a decision. Nothing is guaranteed. After a total of 8 months (which includes 3months of bootcamp) i finally landed a junior dev role. And I was lucky. That being said, the support from career services was good. They help where they can. If I were to use an analogy: they are a passenger in the car you are driving. Is it worth the money? I'm not sure. I think that they do a lot of behind-the-scenes work that indirectly benefited me.... Read Less
Overall, if you are passionate about tech and want to start your career, give it a go. Life is too short.
5Graduate - Toronto
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: In-depth, intense but SO WORTH itFrom the application to the graduation process, I want to say that everyone in the back-end of this journey helped so much make this an amazing experience. I ha ... Read MoreFrom the application to the graduation process, I want to say that everyone in the back-end of this journey helped so much make this an amazing experience. I have registered for the UofT Data Analytics Bootcamp - the course was well laid out with Excel and VBA being the first step into the topic. Every week is a new topic, and looking back, 3/4 of the module I was going through the online material in advance before attending lectures. As simple as this was, it really helped me understand the course material and take my time with assignments and homework.... Read Less
An advice I would give to new students would be not to slack - trust me on that. If you miss a week or a day lecture, it will be hard to catch up (but not impossible!) and the ripple effect is severe. Make sure that before you apply, that you are conscious of the time commitment for the next 6 months, it is intense but the reward and what you learn through this course is so helpful - I keep saying, it's like school but you can apply everything you do readily in the workplace, and side projects you may have going on.
The professor/instructor and the supporting TAs were amazing and always helpful and hands-on on the slack channel if you're running into issues with the material. There was also a great resource called AskBCS which is a 24/7 support that you can ask questions regarding the course material or if you're stuck on assignments. With e-learning, I think the course is fully rounded and well structured to provide the students with what they need.
And the best part also, you get to work with other amazing peeps for your capstone project at the end. Sharing of knowledge, making friends and who knows, a potential contact that can help our for a future opportunity!
- 81Reviews14CoursesThe Bridge offers cybersecurity, cloud & devOps, data science, UX/UI product design, full stack web development and digital marketing bootcamps both remo... Read MoreThe Bridge offers cybersecurity, cloud devOps, data science, UX/UI product design, full stack web development and digital marketing bootcamps both remotely and at its headquarters in Madrid, Valencia, and Seville, Spain. Full-time bootcamps are 16 weeks long and the part-time programs are 31 weeks long. During The Bridge bootcamps, students get access from O’Reilly content and have the chance to work with people in the other bootcamp programs for a multidisciplinary approach. The Bridge’s goal is to teach students everything they need to know to excel in a technical career. Read MoreMatias Salvatore
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Web Developer Full Time - Valencia
Verified Via GitHub
Says: IncreibleLa experiencia The bridge fue excelente, desde la primera toma de contacta hasta el final. Sofia Pinilla TL y German Molero TA fueron los mejores en esta etapa ... Read MoreLa experiencia The bridge fue excelente, desde la primera toma de contacta hasta el final. Sofia Pinilla TL y German Molero TA fueron los mejores en esta etapa de mi vida en la que estamos aprendiendo, con muchísima paciencia, dedicación para preparar las clases, TOTALMENTE DIFERENTE a lo que se ve en todos lados, enseñan con una metodología increíble, trasparencias creadas por ellos, explicado con palabras para que entendiéramos, y con paciencia muchísima paciencia. Otro punto importante es la experiencia adquirida en base a los estados de ánimos del estudiante, son 5 meses super intensos, en los que es muy difícil si te quedas atrás, por lo que se toman el tiempo necesario para que nadie se quede atrás y podamos avanzar todos juntos!!... Read Less
experiencia durísima en cuanto al agotamiento mental, pero si disfrutas del aprendizaje no duele tanto ..
- 81Reviews2CoursesTechmongers offers a 10-week full-time web development and 12- week part-time Cybersecurity academy in Amsterdam and online. Their program prepares students ... Read MoreTechmongers offers a 10-week full-time web development and 12- week part-time Cybersecurity academy in Amsterdam and online. Their program prepares students for full stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Techmongers curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of web development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment. Read MoreEvangelia Alamani
5Graduate - Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model - Amsterdam
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: An intense and amazing experienceFrom day one of the Bootcamp, the teachers kept telling us "Check yourself before you wreck yourself and trust the process". I didn't know what they meant at th ... Read MoreFrom day one of the Bootcamp, the teachers kept telling us "Check yourself before you wreck yourself and trust the process". I didn't know what they meant at the time and I questioned everything. Coming from Retail Management as working background with zero experience in the Tech world the Bootcamp was quite intense as well as overwhelming for me throughout the whole 12-week course. A lot of new information was thrown at us every day, and the next day built on the previous one. Apart from the 10-6 daily schedule, I had to grind lots of extra hours of self-studying in order to keep up with the course. But at some point, everything started coming together and the puzzle started becoming more concrete. It's a GREAT program - for everyone - regardless of their background, whether they are coders or non-coders. The teachers and TA are very knowledgeable. They are extremely friendly and patient. The teachers taught me how to code but also how to be patient, be gentle with myself, and work in a team effectively. The management team is polite, friendly, and present. They're always available to help with any issues. The Career Week was very helpful and enlightening in order to help us prepare properly for the job hunt, job interviews, polish our resume and Linkedin profile. I chose Codaisseur mainly for the "No cure- no pay" model that they offer, as tuition fees can be quite stressful while trying to find a job as a junior developer. All and all, I am 100% satisfied with my choice as I found my first job as a Junior API Engineer 5-weeks after my graduation. If you're on the fence (just like me in the beginning) and wondering if you should take Codaisseur Bootcamp or not, please do yourself a favor – take a leap of faith – and GO FOR IT! Be prepared, be ready and enjoy the ride!!... Read Less
5Student - Course: Full Stack Flex - Full-Time - Austin
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: The Coding Boot Camp at UT AustinMy degree is in Economics and my first job out of school was in NYC at a large financial institution. It was a great first job but I learned that I would thrive ... Read More
My degree is in Economics and my first job out of school was in NYC at a large financial institution. It was a great first job but I learned that I would thrive more in a startup culture at that time so I called my friend who was the CEO and Founder of Super Coffee and we met for coffee one morning. I told him I wanted to do what he was doing. Build something from the ground up. He thought I would be a great fit in Food & Beverage and two weeks later he offered me a job, which was to build an ecommerce Wholesale Program.
In this role, I loved identifying who my target audience was, pitching the products, gathering feedback, negotiating pricing and even some exclusive distribution agreements. In 6 months, we had over 500 SMB customers and brand partnerships with Barry's Bootcamp, Solidcore, & SoulCycle.
In March, 2020 our company signed a Master Distribution Agreement with Anheuser Busch InBev and I was promoted to Director of Brand Operations. My job was to serve as the singular interface between senior leadership at both companies. It was in this role that I discovered my passion for executing start-to-end project plans that align with company priorities and synergize cross functional teams, key stakeholders, and workflows. After two wildly successful years, we accomplished the mission and fully integrated with AB InBev's systems, processes, and tech platforms and partnered with over 400 distributors nationwide selling over $100M in Super Coffee.
Around February 2022, I was in Pennsylvania visiting family and my dad and I were eating breakfast together. He's been programming for 40 years and it got me thinking. Why hadn't I ever thought to try? Genetically, maybe I'd be good?! The next morning, I was targeted with an ad on Twitter for UT Austin's Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp so I thought, what the hell, and applied. Sure enough, I was soon accepted and was pressed with a decision to make. After having conversations with my family and girlfriend, I decided to take the leap so I resigned from my job and enrolled.
We are just over the halfway point of the bootcamp and I can confidently say it was the right decision. This experience has been such a blessing in my life! It has given me the career clarity I needed. I intend on blending my experience as an enthusiastic and effective Project Manager with my blooming technical skillset to pivot into a Product Management position!
Overall, I've had such a positive experience with The Coding Boot Camp at UT Austin. Our instructor is wicked smart and breaks complicated concepts down in a way that allows us to internalize them easier. The rest of the instructional staff is top notch as well; and last but certainly not least, our Student Success Manager, who is always there for support! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my amazing tutor, who has played a huge role in my development as well.
My favorite aspect about the program is unequivocally my cohort. We have such a diverse, talented, kind, and fun group. I am super grateful for you all for organizing study groups to iron down tougher concepts, sending funny memes in Slack and Discord channels, and always being there to help.
Advice I would give to other prospective students to ensure success:
- Attend office hours regularly
- Use the maximum number of tutoring sessions allowed
- Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions
- Be compassionate with yourself and your classmates
- Track the amount of time you put in studying, researching, or doing homework outside of class. It motivates you to put in more time when you can see your performance visually.
- Get started on the Career Services milestones early. At a minimum, ensure your LinkedIn profile and resume are optimized by the end of the bootcamp so you can apply to jobs immediately.
- Don't be afraid to fail. This bootcamp isn't easy but with a positive, growth mindset, you can not only pass but excel!
5Student - Course: Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time - Chicago
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Data Analytics ExperienceThe data analytics program is blessed with great TAs and a fantastic professor who does his best to make the class entertaining despite the material being chall ... Read MoreThe data analytics program is blessed with great TAs and a fantastic professor who does his best to make the class entertaining despite the material being challenging. With the support from the teaching staff a student will succeed if they put in the effort to learn and keep up with the coursework. After being in a beginner analytics role and finding this program through Google's algorithms, I cannot overstate how happy I am to have started on this journey and how useful the knowledge has been.... Read Less
5Student - Course: Cybersecurity - Part-Time - Richmond
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Excellent Course!I am very happy with my decision to enroll in University of Richmond’s Cybersecurity Bootcamp. I have no previous experience working in IT so I was a bit concer ... Read MoreI am very happy with my decision to enroll in University of Richmond’s Cybersecurity Bootcamp. I have no previous experience working in IT so I was a bit concerned with making a career change. From the first week of class I felt like I had found what I was looking for, a program to set me up for an entry level position in cybersecurity.John Hui has been my instructor for this Bootcamp. He is very knowledgable on the topics covered and is willing to give real-world examples to help you learn. John is a master at giving you just enough knowledge to find answers on your own. Often a cryptic response to your question will lead you to an “Aha!” moment. This sense of discovery is very gratifying and pushes me to learn more. Truly an amazing teacher!During the course I learned many new concepts about Cybersecurity and got hands-on experience with all kinds of software. The syllabus will guide you through controlling a computer in the command line to building an entire functional cloud system and beyond.The course materials, assignments, projects, and career resources are a complete package. From the start, I feel I’ve had what I needed to succeed. Everyone with the Bootcamp has been very professional and more than helpful. Never did I feel like I couldn't ask a question. Even though I still have another week in the course, I am confident I have the skills to find my desired position. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to break into the Cybersecurity field.... Read Less
5Student - Course: Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time - Los Angeles
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Learning by DoingI am in the 6 month part time program with about 4 weeks left. This course has been wonderful for me. If you are someone who learns better by doing, this is a g ... Read MoreI am in the 6 month part time program with about 4 weeks left. This course has been wonderful for me. If you are someone who learns better by doing, this is a great program for you. Classes are engaging. You spend some time learning the material, then immediately go into a breakout room and do an activity based on what you just learned. Each week, you have a project based on the material learned the previous week. It's a great way to keep familiarizing yourself with the material. My instructor and TAs are all great and eager to help you problem solve. The class is really what you make of it. It very much has a "you're an adult it's up to you" mantra to it. There are set due dates on weekly assignments, but you can turn them in late and still get full credit. Tons of material is sent out each week to help prep you for the lessons coming up. There is a career engagement network that you have access to throughout the whole program as well as 90 days after. All the resources are there, you just have to take initiative to use them. It's a bootcamp, they're not going to hold your hand (but they're always there to help if you ask!)... Read Less
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Coding BootcampI finished the coding boot camp in February of 2022. Overall, I had a good experience. There were about 30 people in a class and 1 instructor and 2 TAs. The cou ... Read MoreI finished the coding boot camp in February of 2022. Overall, I had a good experience.... Read Less
There were about 30 people in a class and 1 instructor and 2 TAs. The course was remote and taught over Zoom used with Slack. I was able to learn multiple concepts needed to become a Full Stack Developer. We would get assignments that we were put in a breakout room to complete and get experience after the instructor finished teaching the concept. The instructors and TAs would join the rooms and help us with any difficulties.
Some other perks I found helpful was the fact that I was assigned a tutor who I could work one on one with for an hour every week, I got experience collaborating with other people on projects, I received feedback on my career materials, and I got assigned a career coach I could meet with after graduation to assist with the job search.
Only complaint I have is that some of the other people in my class were lazy and not very intelligent and wouldn't help with projects and managed to be a burden. I don't mind helping people out when they run into problems when they pay attention to what I am saying and learn. I had some people who I helped out in the Boot Camp who were genuinely trying to improve and ended up becoming better after I helped them and it made them willing to help me out but I wasted hours trying to teach certain people simple concepts that they couldn't understand after they wouldn't put any effort into the class. This isn't entirely the fault of the school as they had a process of checking the people who applied. This is something that will happen anywhere though and it is good to know how to handle situations like this in life.
I am able to recommend the Boot Camp and say that it was helpful for me. I am currently seeking a job and can say that I have received good help with programming and job seeking.