evolve-security-academy-logo

Evolve Security Academy

Chicago

Evolve Security Academy

Evolve Security Academy offers a 20-week, part-time cybersecurity bootcamp live-online. Evolve Security Academy offers holistic cybersecurity education as well as advanced tracks on specific areas within cybersecurity. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp provides hands-on and immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through the live security assessment work they perform on non-profit organizations. With over 350,000 unfilled cyber security jobs in the U.S. and 1,000,000 globally, their primary focus is on creating top-tier cyber security talent and placing them into high-paying jobs.

Prospective students fill out a preliminary application online, and are then invited to fill out a full application. Applicants can expect a phone screen, recommended prep exercises, and an interview. Candidates should be passionate and curious. 1 to 3 years experience in IT or development is strongly considered, but not required. Throughout the course, Evolve Security Academy prepares students to find a job with interview and job preparation.

Successful graduates of the cybersecurity bootcamps will receive a designation of Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP) certification after successful completion of written and lab exams, and preparation for the CompTIA Security+ certification.

Advanced training is also available on Penetration Testing. This part-time training is 5-weeks of immersive and hands-on training, delivered remotely through live instruction, recorded lectures and lab tutorials. Students will gain the knowledge to deliver a full penetration test, from scoping to reporting, at the network and application layer. Each lab is created based off real world situations encountered by Evolve Security penetration testers. Interested students can register online for this course.

Recent Evolve Security Academy Reviews: Rating 4.85

all (130) reviews for Evolve Security Academy →

Recent Evolve Security Academy News

Read all (4) articles about Evolve Security Academy →
  • Cybersecurity Bootcamp: IN-PERSON (Chicago)

LocationChicago
    Course Description: In-person, immersive and hands-on training delivered part-time in Chicago delivered with face-to-face instruction, recorded lectures and lab tutorials. Students receive a hands-on holistic curriculum, real work experience, job preparation, and a vast network of alumni in an intimate classroom setting. Curriculum: The curriculum includes modules on the following topics: Introduction to Cybersecurity, Networking, Security Program, OSINT & Social Engineering, Threat Landscape, Scripting for Security, SecOps Architecture, SecOps Threat Modeling, Cryptography, AppSec & Offensive Security, Threat Hunting & Incident Response, Security Apprenticeship, and Job Preparation. Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the bootcamp, graduates are able to not only understand the theory behind information security, but also how to apply it in real world situations. In addition, graduates receive: - Certificate of Completion and digital badge (290 CPE credits) upon successfully completing the course requirements and final exam. - Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP) certification and digital badge upon meeting course requirements and passing the final ESCP lab exam. - CompTIA Security+ Certification voucher to take the certification within 90 days after the bootcamp at no cost. - A network of cybersecurity professionals and experts from different organizations and backgrounds. - Real world project experience as a Security Apprentice that ca be shared with potential employers. - Preparation for other information security certifications if pursuing them. - Job preparation services and support in landing a cybersecurity related job.
    Financing is available through Ascent Funding.

ScholarshipScholarships available for veterans, women, and minorities. GI Bill funding for eligible veterans pending approval.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Science, Networking and Linux Command Line. https://www.evolvesecurity.com/academy/getting-started-career-in-cybersecurity
    Prep WorkEnroll in our free Fundamentals of Cybersecurity course: https://www.evolvesecurity.com/academy/getting-started-career-in-cybersecurity
  • Cybersecurity Bootcamp: REMOTE (Live-Online)

LocationChicago
    Course Description: Immersive and hands-on training delivered part-time with live instruction through video conference, recorded lectures and lab tutorials. Students receive a hands-on holistic curriculum, real work experience, job preparation, and a vast network of alumni in an online group learning environment. Curriculum: The curriculum includes modules on the following topics: Introduction to Cybersecurity, Networking, Security Program, OSINT & Social Engineering, Threat Landscape, Scripting for Security, SecOps Architecture, SecOps Threat Modeling, Cryptography, AppSec & Offensive Security, Threat Hunting & Incident Response, Security Apprenticeship, and Job Preparation. Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the bootcamp, graduates are able to not only understand the theory behind information security, but also how to apply it in real world situations. In addition, graduates receive: - Certificate of Completion and digital badge (290 CPE credits) upon successfully completing the course requirements and final exam. - Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP) certification and digital badge upon meeting course requirements and passing the final ESCP lab exam. - CompTIA Security+ Certification voucher to take the certification within 90 days after the bootcamp at no cost. - A network of cybersecurity professionals and experts from different organizations and backgrounds. - Real world project experience as a Security Apprentice that ca be shared with potential employers. - Preparation for other information security certifications if pursuing them. - Job preparation services and support in landing a cybersecurity related job.
    Financing is available through Ascent Funding.

Tuition PlansOption 1: Pay full tuition upfront. A $250 discount will be applied to tuition Option 2: Pay half upfront / half at week 10 GI Bill accepted for eligible veterans.
    ScholarshipScholarships available for veterans, women, and minorities. Apply when completing your full application.
  • OSCP Bootcamp (Live-Online)

Network Security, Ethical Hacking, Linux, Penetration Testing
    LocationChicago
    This bootcamp is an immersive and hands-on training delivered remotely through live instruction, recorded lectures, lab tutorials, and virtual labs. Students will gain the knowledge to deliver a full penetration assessment at the network and application layer, from scoping, threat modeling, and discovery to vulnerability scanning. Students will work through the dozens of custom lab environments, inspired by real world situations encountered by Evolve Security penetration testers. Students will also receive Offensive Security’s PWK course with 60 days of lab access and a voucher for the OSCP certification. This training is designed for anyone who wants to advance their penetration testing skills and prepare for the OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional) certifying exam. Topics Covered: - Penetration Testing Methodology (PTES) - Bash and Powershell scripting - Powershell Empire - Port tunneling and proxy chains - Target enumeration, vulnerability discovery and exploitation. - Buffer Overflow - Active Directory enumeration and attacks - Authentication by-pass attacks - Windows and Linux Privilege Escalation - Custom Exploitation Upon successful completion of the bootcamp, graduates will be able to: - Analyze corporate networks, web applications, and production systems to identify and exploit vulnerabilities. - Construct threat models to investigate persistent and emerging cybersecurity threats. - Understand the tools and technologies required to deliver a full penetration test of a network and application. - Report the results of a penetration test and remediation to decision-makers. - Gain the required knowledge and skills for the OSCP certification exam. In addition, graduates receive: - Penetration Testing Certificate of Completion and digital badge upon successfully completing the course requirements and final exam. - Voucher to take OSCP certifying exam.
    DepositInitial down payment of $1000 is required to enroll in the course.
    We partner with a third-party lender, Ascent Funding, to provide affordable personal loans. Please visit their website for details on how to apply and to calculate your financing.
    Tuition Plans- Upfront Tuition - Tuition Installments (50% due before the start of bootcamp, remaining 50% due by week 9 of bootcamp.)
    ScholarshipPartial merit-based scholarship are available. Prospective students may apply for a scholarship by including a short personal essay in their bootcamp application.
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents must have completed ONE of the following: - Completed Evolve Academy’s Cybersecurity Bootcamp - Earned bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or information security - Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
    Prep Work- Hacking 101 module in Evolve Academy's Cybersecurity Fundamentals course - Kali Linux Revealed E-book - Kali Linux Revealed Course on Kali - The Official Nmap Project Guide to Network Discovery & Security Scanning - Metasploit Unleashed Course
  • Sue C.  User Photo
    Sue C. • Information Security Associate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had an awesome experience at Evolve Security.
    When COVID happened, I got furloughed from being an operations manager and it kind of pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me want to do something different. I decided to invest in my career by gambling with enrolling in a cybersecurity bootcamp. Initially, I had couple other options as well but decided to go with Evolve since not only they're a top-ranked bootcamp but because they have a very student-centric curriculum, and that was very important to me. Throughout the 5 months at Evolve, we learned from blue team to red team topics and the fundamentals like networking- they really made the career transition a very applicable thing. If I can do it, so can you. The instructor for my cohort was very engaging and knowledgeable, the assistant instructors were really supportive. Best of all, I've made lifelong friends from my time at Evolve. Thank you :)
  • Ruben B.  User Photo
    Ruben B. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Evolve will never be forgotten! Personally I did not have any type of an IT background and this bootcamp had everything I needed to start my journey. The lectures and labs were easy to digest, but also became increasingly more difficult as the course continued. Purposefully done so that the instructors can see how you handle challenges as well as guide you in the correct direction, this also was helpful in creating your own personal methodology for certain tasks. Instructors were ALWAYS available and would actually take the time to guide you through things that may not "click" initially. If your lucky enough to have a instructor like my group did, they may even stay on after class to do further challenges with you (TryHackMe/HackTheBox)!

Just like anything else, you will get out of the course what you put in! Plenty to learn on your own but the real fun of this bootcamp was the opportunity to network/learn with all the instructors and students. The cohort itself is pretty large but you are split into smaller groups were you will spend majority of your time. This is were participation is key, luckily I was in a group that was very active and many of us are now friends outside of the camp with plans to meet at DEFCON.

The cybersecurity learning path can be a journey that you do on your own, but having a group like the Evolve Security network behind you makes things way more engaging and just overall FUN!
  • Jason Pavlow  User Photo
    Jason Pavlow • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Awesome Experience. I can confidently say all of the professors were amazing and the network alone was worth the cost of admission. Coming from someone who is not in the IT space, I believe this Bootcamp is very much what you make of it. You can "sit in the back of the class," going at your own pace, or you can actively participate in conversations, share your screen in labs, and receive valuable live feedback. It's a little nerve-wracking at first, but trust me, you'll get the most out of this course if you participate and share as much as possible. Overall, this course was expensive but worth the money.
  • Justin Bukstel  User Photo
    Justin Bukstel • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Evolve Security Academy has been a great experience. From the moment you log on to the class, you're greeted with encouragement, excitement, and everyone on the staff willing and wanting to help you succeed both personally and professionally. A daunting subject like cybersecurity is made easy thanks to the structure of the class and the help of fellow students and instructors. I'm excited to continue my cybersecurity career thanks to Evolve. I would 100% recommend the course for anyone interested in entering the cybersecurity field.
  • Brian Anderson  User Photo
    Brian Anderson • Information Security Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The entire cohort is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the information security career field. Passionate instructors take students from learning basic protocols and concepts to executing a client's internal and external vulnerability assessment. The Career Coach is a bonus to the program.​
  • Thomas Marks  User Photo
    Thomas Marks • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're willing to put in the work and spend hours learning the material; this Boot Camp will pay off.  The team at Evolve Security provided the structure I needed to stay focused and get my OSCP.  We did have an instructor change half way through bit they recovered well and it did not interfere with the flow of the course.  The team cares about the students and makes themselves available at all hours.  They have a little work to do with the new changes to the exam but I am confident they'll adjust.
  • Graduate
    - 12/25/2021
    Tanner Matte  User Photo
    Tanner Matte • Operations Support Center Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I couldn’t have asked for a better experience than I received at Evolve Security Academy! From the hands on curriculum and supportive peers, to the complementary career coaching, I managed to completely change my life for the better! I went from a college dropout with experience with computers or cybersecurity, to a cybersecurity professional in Evolve Security Academy’s 20 week bootcamp!
  • Morgan  User Photo
    Morgan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really could not have picked a better boot camp! I learned way more about cybersecurity than I imagined I could. First of all the scheduling was great. I'm sure it helped all of us with not getting burned even with all of the information we learned throughout the entire 20 weeks. The instructors as well as the assistant instructors were so knowledgeable, patient and helpful. Everyone was willing and eager to answer all of our questions that we could have had. I really loved the amount of hands on learning we did as it helped me retain a vast majority of the material that was given throughout the course. The only thing I wish that we covered more of was how to properly do write ups for security assessments, but I'm sure that can be added in for the upcoming cohorts. Our career coach was also extremely encouraging and made sure that we knew how much value we hold as cybersecurity experts and that we can SURELY pave a way for ourselves in this industry. That helped me boost my confidence a lot while making my way through the boot camp. All in all I am so glad that I made the decision to attend Evolve Security academy and I 10/10 recommend anyone else considering this school to go for it.Mor
  • Susan Johnson  User Photo
    Susan Johnson • Verified via LinkedIn
    The education I have received from Evolve Cybersecurity Academy has been exemplary. The course has given me the ability to participate in cybersecurity competitions I never thought possible and to apply the knowledge I have learned in my current job as well as into the future. The staff, instructors and assistant instructors as well as fellow students within the cohort have all been supportive. They have all been a positive influence in my life. Thank you Evolve Cybersecurity Academy.

• Mason  User Photo
    Mason • Associate Security Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I want to preface this review by stating that, at the time of this review (8/19/2021), I am employed by Evolve Security. However, if I did not think highly of them as a company I would not have accepted their offer.

I have a background in web and mobile application development, so some of the topics covered I already knew, such as Python programming. Having said that I still learned more than I thought was possible in such a short amount of time. At times it felt like I was drinking knowledge from a fire hose.

The curriculum, teachers, labs, and collaborative work time made the fire hose of knowledge manageable and incredibly enjoyable. The instructors were all industry veterans with a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience, and on top of that were some of the nicest people I've met.

I made friends that I know will remain friends for years to come. I don't regret a thing! If you enjoy learning and continuously growing as a person and are interested in the cybersecurity industry I recommend you at least inquire with Evolve Security to get a feel for them as a company and an educator.
  • Dimitre Hristov  User Photo
    Dimitre Hristov • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Online cyber security bootcamp for, developing coding and skills necessary to navigate the cyber world and set up secure networks.
  • Brandon  User Photo
    Brandon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enjoyed my time in the bootcamp. The labs covered specific topics and allowed us to learn various techniques and were all generally unique from one another. The instructors were a wealth of knowledge and probably my single favorite thing about this bootcamp. Lastly, just getting an opportunity to network with fellow students and Evolve staff, is something you cannot really put a price tag on. It will be something I can reap the benefits of for years to come.​