Savvy Coders is a 6-week intro to web development coding bootcamp in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee, and St. Louis, Missouri. Savvy Coders is a great option for beginners who want to learn how to code. Savvy Coders believes coding is a 21st-century skill that everyone can learn without giving up their day job. Students enrolled at Savvy Coders attend coding bootcamp 3-4 days per week, 3 hours each evening from 6-9pm.
The Savvy Coders 6-week front-end web development classes are held at co-working spaces in St. Louis, Nashville, and Chatanooga. These co-working spaces represent a community of innovators and entrepreneurs that come together to network and learn.
Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.81
Recent Savvy Coders News
Deposit $600 Tuition Plans 3 months, $600 per month
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
Savvy Coders Reviews
32 reviews sorted by:
- The Chance of a Lifetime- 11/20/2019Nyilah Johnson • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Pave the path to your future in 10 short weeks- 8/28/2019Rusty Hoppins • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedInSavvy Coders gave me the tools I need to succeed and the resources to continue to do so. I now have a firm grasp on building modular single-page applications using functional components. I fully recommend anyone interested in pursuing a job in Web Development to give Savvy Coders a try.
- A great way to introduce yourself to coding!- 4/16/2019Nathaniel Hudson • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience- 4/16/2019Amanda Engelman • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
This was an overall great experience and I look forward to expanding the knowledge I have obtained from the course and using it to take my career to a level I wouldn't have been able to achieve without my experience with Savvy Coders.
- Front-end web development- 1/29/2019Kayla Forsythe • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
Savvy Coders was the first stepping stones I needed to jumpstart the rest of my life.
Along with learning those programming languages, I was matched with a local IT recruiter who helped me reconstruct my resume, pin-point and utilize my soft skills, and give preparation for IT styled job interviews. But the recruiter didn't leave when I graduated. She stays in contact with me, offering job placement opportunites and career advice.
I was fortunate enough to attend a cohert where the other students were just as driven and 'new' to development as I was. We all had various backgrounds, but we were able to build each other up and bounce ideas and solutions off of one another. There were always TA's and instructors available to help answer questions, but we loved to problem solve! We worked together so well during this course, some of us get together every so often for a game night.
I started this course to 'dip my toes' into IT. I ended this course as a software delevoper. Savvy Coders offered me more than a classroom to learn in, and a teacher to listen to. They helped me build upon myself, and plant my feet into the career field I wanted to grow in.
- Career Change- 1/28/2019Chaquita Johnson-Moore • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
SavvyCoders is an excellent introduction to front end web development. I started classes in October 2018 looking for training that would enable me to transition to a new career. The instruction is fast-paced and thorough, helping you to build the foundation that will prepare you to enter the industry. Established mentors in the field made themselves available to us while we worked on our capstone projects. On top of the classes, we also were received resume help and invaluable interview coaching with consultants that work closely with the program and will work with us until we are placed in a job in the industry.
The boot camp currently runs for ten weeks, Monday through Thursday 6:15 pm - 9:15 pm.
- Gamer Changer- 1/25/2019Damian Clay-Downing • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Worthwhile, and Great For Working People- 6/11/2018Andrew Roby • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via GitHub
I came into the course with some familiarity with programming concepts like like loops and flow control, but there was never a time that I felt like the pace was too slow. Like every boot camp, it requires a desire to dig in and actively research some of the material. However, the instructors are very helpful and responsive if you get stuck. The schedule (6-9 pm) is perfect for working people, and I was always jazzed to go to class. It's (currently) held at a great location (the CIC building, 4240 Duncan Ave) that has lots of networking events, which you're strongly encouraged to attend.
Even after graduation, instructors remained available for questions, and the cohort stayed in contact while we worked towards our demo day. There was certainly an effort to get employers in the door at the event, but Savvy Coders is still a relatively unknown program and turnout was so-so. There is no job guarantee upon graduation, but that's not to say there was a shortage of opportunity for the competent and motivated. Elaine (the founder) does a good job of passing along opportunities as they come to her. For my own part, I was happy in my current job and was satisfied with the number of connections I made at the demo day event.
The upshot: I'm super glad I took this boot camp, would do it again if I had to start all over, and would consider taking an advanced class if they offered one. That's the highest praise I can give.
- Just Awesome- 5/23/2018Jennifer Fisher • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Perfect for an level of skill- 11/23/2019Nicholas LaChance • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
SavvyCoders is a great program to learn new and ever changing skills. This program is perfect for those who are new to programming, those who have never programmed, and those that would like to sharpen their skills.
I started SavvyCoders with a background in software as a hobby. After SavvyCoders I am 100% confident to apply for a job, continue research on my own (without getting lost), as well as having a group of individuals to go to for collaboration of ideas.
- Empowering and Cost-Effective- 7/24/2019Nowell Gata • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
Attendance is mandatory. If you are new to software development, you must keep up and ask as precise of questions as possible OUTSIDE of class. Instructors use a LOT of industry slang. Learn from this.
If you are considering this boot camp, please note that doing the pre-coursework is highly recommended.
After going through this boot camp, I feel empowered and grateful for the knowledge and the network of the budding tech professionals from my cohort.