savvy-coders-logo

Savvy Coders

Chattanooga, Kansas City, Online, St. Louis

Savvy Coders

Savvy Coders is an online coding boot camp offering the following classes: Full Stack Development, Data Analytics + Python, and Cyber Security. Classes are held Monday through Thursday evenings (for Full Stack and Data Analytics) so students won’t have to give up their day job to attend the boot camp. The boot camp is taught by industry software developers, and the class size is kept small to ensure students receive one-on-one interaction with instructors.

In the Full Stack Development bootcamp, students will learn the basics of full-stack development through a comprehensive curriculum that includes the creation of a capstone project that will be presented at the end of the course to companies that are currently hiring coding talent. By the end of the course, students are proficient in HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, Basic Markdown, interacting with the DOM, Git, Github, Agile, Firebase, UX/UI, Node/Express, MongoDB, and Heroku. Savvy Coders knows that soft skills and branding are just as important as learning how to code, so from day one, communication skills are fostered and enhanced. Students learn how to put together a comprehensive resume and LinkedIn profile. Elevator pitches and introduction stories are created and practiced, and students become comfortable discussing themselves and their projects.

Students will learn the basics of full stack development through a comprehensive curriculum that includes the creation of a capstone project that will be presented at the end of the course to companies that are currently hiring coding talent. By the end of the course, students are proficient in HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, Basic Markdown, interacting with the DOM, Git, Github, Agile, Firebase, UX/UI, Node/Express, MongoDB, and Heroku. Savvy Coders knows that soft skills and branding are just as important as learning how to code, so from day one, communication skills are fostered and enhanced. Students learn how to put together a comprehensive resume and LinkedIn profile. Elevator pitches and introduction stories are created and practiced, and students become comfortable discussing themselves and their projects.

In the Data Analytics + Python bootcamp, students will begin by knowing just the basics of coding and/or data analysis techniques to become fully qualified for a Data Analyst position. Unit 1 of the program focuses on Python and SQL. It includes a deep dive into Python data types, debugging, turtles, modules, recursion, functions, algorithms, tables and strings among others. Unit 2 takes the Python and SQL knowledge gained in Unit 1 and applies it to large data sets to extract information and explain it in a clear and concise manner. Using Pandas, Numpy, and other data visualization techniques, students will prepare and present a Capstone Project to demonstrate the knowledge gained during the course. In addition, throughout the cohort, students will meet with our placement team to work on a resume and LinkedIn creation and interview techniques, as well as develop other job-seeking skills. Students will be given a voucher to take the Desktop Specialist Tableau Certification Exam and will complete a Python Certification through the University of Michigan.

The Cyber Security bootcamp is taught at an accelerated pace, so that after 24 weeks, students can tackle many of the basics needed to start them on a path towards a career in Cybersecurity. Every class will focus on what one needs to know (and nothing they don’t). Classes are instructor-led in either a small, in-person classroom or virtual classroom.

Applicants must submit an online application and then be interviewed by the admissions team. Scholarships are available. Interested students can attend a free crash course to get hands-on practice coding and to see if Savvy Coders would be a good fit. All students complete prerequisites before the start of the boot camp.

Savvy Coders supports the goal of becoming a coder and provides information and introductions to partner companies both during the boot camp and after. Graduates of the boot camp receive a certificate of completion.

Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (50) reviews for Savvy Coders →

Recent Savvy Coders News

• Cybersecurity

Network Security, Mobile Security, Machine Learning
      LocationKansas City, Chattanooga, St. Louis, Online
      At Savvy Coders, we see the massive hiring demand in the field of Cybersecurity. Wanting to offer the best Boot Camp on the market, we partnered with Code Fellows to bring training in this growing field to the St. Louis area. Our program offers an in-depth look at Cybersecurity and Operations from the ground up. The course is taught by professionals in the Cyber community and is broken down into 4 units. Our classes are instructor-led in either a small, in-person classroom or virtual classroom. This program is taught at an accelerated pace so that after just 24 weeks, students can tackle many of the basics needed to start them on a path towards a career in Cybersecurity. Every class will focus on what one needs to know (and nothing they don’t). We want to help answer that increasing demand for Cybersecurity and Operations through helping our students out by any means necessary so that they are able to meet that demand after they graduate from Savvy Coders. We strive to help our students take control of their future, one month at a time. If you are looking for a place to start…then this course is for you!
      DepositContact Savvy Coders Amin for more information.
      Tuition PlansContact Savvy Coders Amin for more information.
      ScholarshipContact Savvy Coders Amin for more information.
      Minimum Skill LevelThere is no prior knowledge needed to take this course.
    • Data Analytics + Python

LocationKansas City, Chattanooga, St. Louis, Online
      The theory of data analytics has become increasingly popular and important with the ever-increasing amount of information that is being accumulated on a daily basis. Savvy Coders, in response to this need for more knowledge about how to use data effectively, offers an intensive 12-week course focused primarily on learning everything there is to know about analyzing big datasets efficiently. Students will begin by knowing just the basics of coding and/or data analysis techniques to become fully qualified for a Data Analyst position. Unit 1 of our program focuses on Python and SQL. It includes a deep dive into Python data types, debugging, turtles, modules, recursion, functions, algorithms, tables and strings among others. Unit 2 takes the Python and SQL knowledge gained in Unit 1 and applies it to large data sets to extract information and explains it in a clear and concise manner. Using Pandas, Numpy, and other data visualization techniques, students will prepare and present a Capstone Project to demonstrate the knowledge gained during the course. In addition, throughout the cohort, students will meet with our placement team to work on resume and LinkedIn creation and interview techniques, as well as develop other job seeking skills. Students will be given a voucher to take the Desktop Specialist Tableau Certification Exam.
      Deposit20% if applicable.
      Tuition Plans-Pay in full:5% discount if paid in full by start date via check or 2% discount if paid by credit card. -Financing through Savvy: This is a 0% interest loan, 20% upfront $1,000 per month. - Ascent: Limited to 3-year repayment maximum, Credit Required.
      ScholarshipScholarships Available to those who qualify, please contact Savvy Coders Admin for more information.
      Minimum Skill LevelFamiliarity with Excel or Google Sheets Basic Understanding of Descriptive statistics, Deviation, Good presentation and communication skills, Strong sense of curiosity. No prior coding experience required.
    • Front End Web Development

LocationSt. Louis, Chattanooga
      Savvy Coders' month long web development course is broken down into 4 week segments. Week 1 covers the Fundamentals of Computing, HTML, CSS, JS and building your first website. Skills students learn in Week 1 include using the terminal, basic markdown, interacting with the DOM, HTML tags and stucture, CSS styling, version control with git and GitHub and basic JavaScript fundamentals. Week 2 is all about Functional JavaScript and learning about the key principles of programming with the language of the Web. Lesson modules include library usage with underscore.js, advanced variable and function use, JavaScript/browser, interactions through the DOM, adding web interactivity with JQuery, implementing video and audio through HTML5, introductory design principles for the web and software design and testing. Week 3 goes into Object-Oriented JavaScript and using JavaScript to delve-deeper into the industry standard of code design through Objects while building your portfolio. Look for lessons on object creation and manipulation, extending Objects through inheritance, using Objects in software, mastering Chrome Developer Tools and building a fully-functional website for your portfolio. In the final week, Week 4, students will explore Advanced Implementations and Web APIs. Students will build applications for larger-scale deployment and connect to other parts of the Web through APIs. The final lessons in this module include adding geo-location functionality with Google Maps API, implementing secure payment processing with Stripe, building your own APIs, deploying applications on a large scale and using backend-as-a-service.
      Deposit20% if applicable.
    • James McMinn JR  User Photo
      James McMinn JR • Senior Digital Strategist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am a recent graduate of the Full Stack Web Development boot camp. I have nothing but positive things to say! From the teacher aids, the teachers, and all of the administrative staff, everyone has it together. The boot camp was not easy, but I learned more than I ever thought possible in that amount of time. I highly recommend!
    • Data Analytics
      - 4/6/2022
      Valentine Amatrading Jr.  User Photo
      Valentine Amatrading Jr. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Overall, I had an extremely beneficial and rewarding experience with the Data Analytics curriculum. I think the class is a well thought out introduction to concepts like data gathering, cleaning, and presentation in addition to SQL, Python, and Tableau.

I believe the irreplaceable value to the course is in the job placement - the mock interviews, networking, and the developing of basic skills needed for good interviews. The exposure to companies looking for new talent through the mock interviews was, for me, of surprisingly high quality and a valuable learning experience.
    • Bootcamp
      - 12/7/2021
      Trishten Gregory  User Photo
      Trishten Gregory • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had such of a wonderful time here at Savvy Coders. Even though it may be challenging first learning how to code it is well worth it. Savvy coders do such a good job at providing good teachers and TA's with a nice structure to set you on the path of becoming a full-stack web-developer
    • Tye usher  User Photo
      Tye usher • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great experience. I normally dont write reviews but I was glad to for savvy coders. Going through the boot camp was not easy but it is so rewarding in the end. I would have never thought that after a few months working with savvy coders, they would help get me get a job with a big company.
    • This is the one!
      - 10/4/2021
      Shakelia  User Photo
      Shakelia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I loved every bit of my journey with Savvy coders. From the personal touch with Dez, to me  scrambling and reaching out to teacher assistants after I accidentally deleted my project to Laurie giving her personal touch to our resumes and still keeping in touch after graduation. Not one question I had was left unanswered. If you’re looking for smaller class sizes and a bunch of great ppl that want nothing more than to see you succeed then this is the program for you!!💜
      - 12/2/2020
      Sridevi  User Photo
      Sridevi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Deciding to attend Savvy Coders' full stack web development was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
      The 2-week pre-work they ask us to complete was an excellent preparation for the 12-week intense and immersive online boot camp that paves the way for understanding the concepts throughout the course.  This is a full stack web development where we are introduced to more than required content of what is needed to become a Junior Full Stack Developer. Agile certification is a part of the curriculum. The course involves pre-structured curriculum,  homework assignments, and capstone project in addition to mock interviews, demo day to showcase our project, and white boarding sessions.  Capstone work enabled me to explore various topics taught in the class and is the best way to practice our skills. All the instructors and TAs are so helpful. Job Assistance provided by Savvy Coders is the best and the encouragement provided to each and every student by the whole Savvy Coders team is exceptional.
    • Full Stack Student
      - 11/21/2020
      Brian Kimbrow  User Photo
      Brian Kimbrow Verified via GitHub
       This is a great bootcamp for someone who is wanting to learn how to code. This bootcamp was challenging but provided you with the assistance to make sure that you are successful. We learned HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create our capstone project. In addition to that we learned how to navigate through GitHub, and Git Bash. Overall this cohort was very challenging but was well worth it in the end when you get to see things actually come together.
    • Full Stack Student
      - 11/19/2020
      Anthony Tuzzo  User Photo
      Anthony Tuzzo Verified via GitHub
      This course is a great introduction to the developer world.  In 12 weeks we were introduced to HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.  In addition we were taught how to navigate through GitHub, and Git Bash.  Node.js, Heroku, Netlify, MongoDB and Firebase are all used to help bring together a capstone project that is then used to help get you hired in the dev world.  The material isn't all you learn.  You are also introduced to many people in the dev world through meetup groups, and through mock interview days.   Several days are dedicated to showing yourself off to prospective employers who give real world feedback on your capstone project and on how you interview.  This is NOT an easy course, but 12 weeks of coding information delivered to you in (currently) an online format.  The staff work with you and provide you with everything that you need to successfully complete the course.  You will get out of this everything that you put into it.  If you want a challenge, and are interested in a career in dev, give Savvy Coders a try.  Our cohort had a change in instructor that did impact our lessons and curriculum hence the lower stars, but I have great confidence that will improve as that is readjusted to fit the needs of employers.
    • Lauren  User Photo
      Lauren • Aspiring Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I just graduated from the Savvy Coders Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp. It was a 12-week immersive boot camp, during which we learned JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node JS, and Express. We learned how to make a Single Page Application using vanilla JavaScript, a Firebase or Node/Express Database, APIs, Axios, and Navigo. During the program, we each built our own web application (mostly outside of class) using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, then we each converted our projects to a Single Page Application.  This was a great way to showcase how much we learned both inside and outside of class during this short but intense 12 weeks!

At the end of the course, we had the opportunity to present our project to a group of potential hiring managers, HR Recruiters, and Developers. It has been less than a week since I've presented my project, and I've already landed multiple interviews!

Each time we have an interview set up, we are encouraged to call our career coach, who is great at prepping us for the interview. She has been helping us since the beginning of the boot camp - from revamping our resumes and LinkedIn profiles, to helping us search for jobs, to prepping for interviews, and more.

As a total beginner to coding, I had to dedicate a lot of time outside of class to really comprehend the material learned in class, plus all of the additional material I had to teach myself to make my project come to life... but in the end, it was SO worth it. I was learning a whole new career in only 12 weeks! It had to be intense to be successful in such a short period of time.

I absolutely recommend this program to anyone interested in Web Development. Be prepared to put in the time and work really hard for 3 months! If you can commit to that, you will have the support system you need behind you to ensure you are successful.
    • Johan Bester  User Photo
      Johan Bester • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Elaine and Dezerae from Savvy Coders believed in me and helped me get into the program. That already impressed me.

My name is Johan and I just recently graduated from the Savvy Coders Full-stack web developers bootcamp

I lost my job last year, but when I started looking around for a new position, I realized that my skill set does not match what the market is looking for. I learned a lot through self-studying, but needed more structure and guidance to get where I wanted to be. Savvy Coders offers this and more!

The Savvy curriculum is up to date and ever evolving to teach the latest technologies. The staff is knowledgeable and very helpful in teaching coding and career skills. The emphasis is on helping students become well rounded developers that know how to problem solve and find the answers to difficult issues. While the course material is extensive students are constantly reminded that there is always way more to learn, that they should keep digging deeper, and never stop learning new technologies and tools.

Bootcamp is not a walk in the park. Student should come well prepared and ready to work very hard. Daily commitment and perseverance are essential for succeed. At a minimum student need to know how to use a computer, have a solid understanding of computing in general, and have a good command of their OS. Preparing in advance on subjects like HTML, CSS and basic JavaScript is strongly advised.

The commitment of the Savvy Coder staff does not end in the class room. They are dedicated to coach and prepare students to enter the job market. Through sessions on resume writing, project planning and presentation, students are prepped to present their capstone projects to potential employers on Demo Day. And while every cohort is closed out with a career planning session on job hunting, the advice and council of the Savvy staff will always be available to alumni. I absolutely love that! Once you join Savvy Coders, you are part of the community for life if you choose!

Personally, joining Savvy Coders was a smart career choice and great life decision! I can highly recommend the Savvy Coders web developers bootcamp to anybody who wants to improve themselves and learn new coding skills.

• Nyilah Johnson  User Photo
      Nyilah Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Going through SavvyCoders has transformed me from a union laborer with no IT knowledge into a Junior Web Developer with marketable skills and experience. I have a complete knowledge of JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. Not only did they give me the knowledge needed to excel in my first IT position they also prepared me with a solid resume, a great LinkedIn and the interview skills needed to land that first position.  An all around amazing bootcamp!

• Rusty Hoppins  User Photo
      Rusty Hoppins • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Savvy Coders gave me the tools I need to succeed and the resources to continue to do so. I now have a firm grasp on building modular single-page applications using functional components. I fully recommend anyone interested in pursuing a job in Web Development to give Savvy Coders a try.