Savvy Coders is a 6-week intro to web development coding bootcamp in Nashville, Tennessee, and St. Louis, Missouri, for anyone that would like to learn how to code. Savvy Coders believes coding is a 21st-century skill that everyone can learn without giving up their day job or spending tens of thousands of dollars in tuition. Students enrolled at Savvy Coders attend coding bootcamp 3-4 days per week, 3 hours each evening from 6-9pm.
The Savvy Coders 6-week front-end web development classes are held at co-working spaces in St. Louis and Nashville. These co-working spaces represent a community of innovators and entrepreneurs that come together to network and learn. It’s the perfect place to be when you are starting out on your new venture in coding!
Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.2
Basics of Web Development
- Minimum Skill Level
Savvy Coders Reviews
5 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
I enrolled in the December cohort in 2015 and immediately regretted spending my $1800. While the introduction did include the disclaimer that "it would be like drinking from a firehose," I did not expect the firehose to be set to full blast at the fastest setting possible.
I went into the course with basic HTML knowledge, but as each lesson progressed without any clear goals and learning reinforcements to see if students were actually understanding the concepts, I got increasingly frustrated.
While the instructors were more than willing to help, the curriculum and its pace itself is flawed, unless you're already at an intermediate level in your HTML and CSS skills.
Lessons that should have taken three hours were squeezed into one without any reviews to see if students were grasping the concepts and then it was on to the next cramming of three hours into one hour.
If you're like me who had little knowledge of HTML, I would look into other schools that are less aggressive in cramming advanced lessons without any learning checks.
This course is a great introduction to what one can expect when learning front-end web development. I have been learning to code for a little under a year and this course really helped me connect the dots and refresh on skills that I had not touched on in several months. It is an excellent investment if you are thinking of applying for a bootcamp or a great supplement if you are planning to teach your self with online courses. The small class size is welcoming, unintimidating, and there is plenty of 1 on 1 help.
It was a lot to take on in addition to working a full-time job, but they exposure to different resources was great and having instructors experienced in the field in which to ask questions and clarify concepts was a huge benefit. And it's only 4 weeks long, so well worth the sacrifices.
Also, the instructors and administrators remain available for help, questions, resources, and other support after you finish the course, which is super helpful when you start branching off on your own in the field.
SavvyCoders was a great course that allowed me gain a solid foundation of the skills I needed to advance my career in the development field. The condensed curriculum and convenient hours allowed me to take this bootcamp while still working a full-time job. Not to mention the instructors are SO helpful and really care about your goals. A week after I finished I was already meeting with development team leads at work talking about new positions. I feel so much more confident with this skill set.
Savvy Coders is a great place to start if you are a beginner in web development. The instructors were awesome and really took the time to help each of us understand concepts. They were always available for questions and one-on-one instruction. The class taught a wide range of skills and all the ground work that is needed to begin a career in web development. I was also impressed with the information they shared on the next steps in pursuing a career and building a portfolio. If you put in the effort to learn, Savvy Coders will be a very rewarding experience.