Savvy Coders is a 6-week intro to web development coding bootcamp in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee, and St. Louis, Missouri. Savvy Coders is a great option for beginners who want to learn how to code. Savvy Coders believes coding is a 21st-century skill that everyone can learn without giving up their day job. Students enrolled at Savvy Coders attend coding bootcamp 3-4 days per week, 3 hours each evening from 6-9pm.
The Savvy Coders 6-week front-end web development classes are held at co-working spaces in St. Louis, Nashville, and Chatanooga. These co-working spaces represent a community of innovators and entrepreneurs that come together to network and learn.
Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.8
Recent Savvy Coders News
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Chattanooga, Nashville, St. Louis
- Tuition Plans
- 3 months, $600 per month
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
Savvy Coders Reviews
30 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Pave the path to your future in 10 short weeks- 8/28/2019Rusty Hoppins • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedInSavvy Coders gave me the tools I need to succeed and the resources to continue to do so. I now have a firm grasp on building modular single-page applications using functional components. I fully recommend anyone interested in pursuing a job in Web Development to give Savvy Coders a try.
- A great way to introduce yourself to coding!- 4/16/2019Nathaniel Hudson • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience- 4/16/2019Amanda Engelman • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
This was an overall great experience and I look forward to expanding the knowledge I have obtained from the course and using it to take my career to a level I wouldn't have been able to achieve without my experience with Savvy Coders.
- Front-end web development- 1/29/2019Kayla Forsythe • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
Savvy Coders was the first stepping stones I needed to jumpstart the rest of my life.
Along with learning those programming languages, I was matched with a local IT recruiter who helped me reconstruct my resume, pin-point and utilize my soft skills, and give preparation for IT styled job interviews. But the recruiter didn't leave when I graduated. She stays in contact with me, offering job placement opportunites and career advice.
I was fortunate enough to attend a cohert where the other students were just as driven and 'new' to development as I was. We all had various backgrounds, but we were able to build each other up and bounce ideas and solutions off of one another. There were always TA's and instructors available to help answer questions, but we loved to problem solve! We worked together so well during this course, some of us get together every so often for a game night.
I started this course to 'dip my toes' into IT. I ended this course as a software delevoper. Savvy Coders offered me more than a classroom to learn in, and a teacher to listen to. They helped me build upon myself, and plant my feet into the career field I wanted to grow in.
- Career Change- 1/28/2019Chaquita Johnson-Moore • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
SavvyCoders is an excellent introduction to front end web development. I started classes in October 2018 looking for training that would enable me to transition to a new career. The instruction is fast-paced and thorough, helping you to build the foundation that will prepare you to enter the industry. Established mentors in the field made themselves available to us while we worked on our capstone projects. On top of the classes, we also were received resume help and invaluable interview coaching with consultants that work closely with the program and will work with us until we are placed in a job in the industry.
The boot camp currently runs for ten weeks, Monday through Thursday 6:15 pm - 9:15 pm.
- Gamer Changer- 1/25/2019Damian Clay-Downing • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Worthwhile, and Great For Working People- 6/11/2018Andrew Roby • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via GitHub
I came into the course with some familiarity with programming concepts like like loops and flow control, but there was never a time that I felt like the pace was too slow. Like every boot camp, it requires a desire to dig in and actively research some of the material. However, the instructors are very helpful and responsive if you get stuck. The schedule (6-9 pm) is perfect for working people, and I was always jazzed to go to class. It's (currently) held at a great location (the CIC building, 4240 Duncan Ave) that has lots of networking events, which you're strongly encouraged to attend.
Even after graduation, instructors remained available for questions, and the cohort stayed in contact while we worked towards our demo day. There was certainly an effort to get employers in the door at the event, but Savvy Coders is still a relatively unknown program and turnout was so-so. There is no job guarantee upon graduation, but that's not to say there was a shortage of opportunity for the competent and motivated. Elaine (the founder) does a good job of passing along opportunities as they come to her. For my own part, I was happy in my current job and was satisfied with the number of connections I made at the demo day event.
The upshot: I'm super glad I took this boot camp, would do it again if I had to start all over, and would consider taking an advanced class if they offered one. That's the highest praise I can give.
- Just Awesome- 5/23/2018Jennifer Fisher • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Empowering and Cost-Effective- 7/24/2019Nowell Gata • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
Attendance is mandatory. If you are new to software development, you must keep up and ask as precise of questions as possible OUTSIDE of class. Instructors use a LOT of industry slang. Learn from this.
If you are considering this boot camp, please note that doing the pre-coursework is highly recommended.
After going through this boot camp, I feel empowered and grateful for the knowledge and the network of the budding tech professionals from my cohort.
- The gateway to a proficient coding experience- 5/14/2019John Ogunyelere • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
Savvy Coders is a fantastic junior web developer camp here in St. Louis, with full hands-on technical skill training and professional conduct. It is unique for its small class size, rich course content, experienced instructors and awesome management who walk the tides with you and ensure that you come out as a fine product, ready made to hit the job market, change your career or advance your studies.
If I have the chance again, I will go back to Savvy Coders!!!
- Just what I needed!- 4/19/2019Justin Lautz • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
All I wanted out of this course was to get an idea of, not only if programming was for me, but if the tech culture as a whole fit my personality, and this course fit the bill perfectly – all the while not breaking the bank. My only criticism or suggested improvement would be to make sure all the instructors are aligned on how the content will be presented and taught to the students. The disconnect between the instructors made learning a bit more challenging then probably needed. Other than that, highly recommended!
- Savvy Coders can help!- 3/6/2019JOE • Graduate • Campus: St. Louis
- Wonderful!- 1/31/2019Fabi Clubb
I am a recent Savvy Coders graduate and I can only say that taking this course was a great decision! I not only learned to code, but I met wonderful people. The teacher and the TAs did a great job. I am looking for a job at the moment, and even though I have already graduated, I am still getting great support from Savvy!
- A Great Choice!- 1/24/2019Jason Brown • IT Support Analyst • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
- Feeling Savvy- 10/29/2018Daniel Catanzaro • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
- Great Course To Learn How To Code- 6/29/2018Allan C. • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
Thank you Savvy Coders!!
- Chattanooga Savvy Coders- 6/7/2018Megan Bond • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: Chattanooga
John's a patient instructor who takes the time to even attend local meet-ups in Chattanooga and help students outside of class. The course was laid out well to provide a strong introduction, and it's a great introduction to coding-- economical and cost-effective. Yay on all accounts.
- Fast-Paced and Super Informative- 5/24/2018Tyler Krszjzaniek • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
I had an excellent experience during my time with Savvy Coders. I found myself always looking forward to attending the classes, even after a full day of work at my day job. I definitely recommend enrolling in the course.
The instructor Alex was very energetic and passionate about the course material. He was able to teach a huge amount of material in a short amount of time. His sense of humor and knowledge of the languages taught always helped class engagement too.
I also thought the pacing of the course mostly great. We learned at a brisk pace, which admittedly got to be a bit overwhelming towards the end, but overall made every day a positive learning experience. Some days were definitely a brain-burner, but I enjoyed the challenge.
After finishing the course, I feel like I have a great foundation for starting my career in coding. I learned a great amout of detail and I am excited to learn even more about coding.
- Great course!- 5/24/2018JAKE P • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
- Thorough- 1/4/2018Jonai • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
- Savvy Coder Review- 10/24/2017Keondra D. • Consultant • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: Nashville
Savvy Coders provided a well thought out curriculum for working individuals. The course is designed to go as fast or as slow as need. My instructor made sure everyone was up to speed before we started a new lesson and we also did weekly recaps. This course provided me the hands on experience that I did not feel I was capturing in my undergraduate program.
Awesome Presentation at a great price. Most impressed with continuing concern and tech support after this course has ended. Savvy Coders offers both knowledge and networking.
Right in the very first class, a nice small one where I could pester this friendly guy with an avalanche of questions all of which were answered, our instructor asked what we were seeking. I said “I want to learn code, but more importantly I need to learn the coding environment.” Boyo, did Savvy deliver.
What I received in this course was, ten minutes into the first class, a completely different approach to development. Following up with just tons of other useful resources, websites, tricks, insights, paradigms, and approaches (none of which any previous instructor had mentioned), these guys completely blew my mind. When I got lost they found me. Can’t say enough good things.
Teaching was robust, lean, intense, personal and fully accessible.
I came away with, let’s call it a library of pertinent notes, screen captures and browser bookmarks. Totally set to continue study and get hired!
- This Bootcamp Helped me get a Job!- 7/19/2017Amy P. • Graduate
I took the Savvy Coder's Intro into Web Development class in Chattanooga, TN through a local program. This course kick start my understanding of basic web development and coding. I would recommend this class and have provided some more details about my experience below.
# What role were you performing at work when you realized you had an interest in coding?
I had a business administration and marketing background but was unemployed and wanted to explore new avenues. I was inspired by friends who were programmers and thought I would give it a try!
# What steps were you taking to learn more? Online courses?
Once I fell in love with coding, I took advantage of every possible learning resource I could find. I took online courses, followed and read programming blogs and articles, and attended developer meetups.
# Why did you decide to take the Savvy Coders class?
# In what ways did the Savvy Coders class meet or exceed your expectations?
# What are you doing now and how did the Savvy Coders class help?
I am the Customer Care Specialist for the software team at an intellectual property management company. The Savvy Coder's class was instrumental in bringing about this opportunity for me. The skills I learned and the dedication required to complete the course allowed me to stand out as a candidate for my new position.
# Would you recommend the class to others? If yes, what type of person do you think the class can help?
I would absolutely recommend this class to others who are interested in learning coding. I know it would help anyone who wants to improve or change their career, build their own website, or just learn a new hobby!
- Web Development 6 Week course- 7/13/2017Warren Rawlings • Interactive designer • Graduate