4geeks-academy-logo

4Geeks Academy

Caracas, Madrid, Miami, Santiago

4Geeks Academy

4Geeks Academy is a part-time, 16-week coding bootcamp in Miami, Florida, Maracaibo and Caracas, Venezuela. “We breathe coding” is the motto at 4Geeks Academy because they understand that in order to become a developer, one has to become part of the coding culture. 4Geeks Academy provides a blended education model leveraging two proven formats: part-time training and flipped classroom. Students will learn full-stack development including JavaScript, Python, and NodeJS at home through video, animation, images, and infographics; and then class-time is used to debate, build projects, and mentor over practical exercises.

Students will have weekly mentorship meetings and have a 1:7, teacher: student ratio where an intimate setting provides the faculty with the opportunity to adapt to each student’s particular pace. Prospective students do not need coding experience to enroll in the program. Applicants can fill out a short online form and then meet with the 4Geeks Academy team to express interest.

All 4Geeks Academy students have access to flexible payment plans and a new network of advisors and partners that will help guide students throughout the job search process.

Recent 4Geeks Academy Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (54) reviews for 4Geeks Academy →

Recent 4Geeks Academy News

• Desarrollo Web Full-Stack

MySQL, HTML, Git, PHP, jQuery, Design, CSS, Wordpress, SEO, SQL
    In PersonFull Time
    LocationCaracas
    En solo 16 semanas te convertirás en un desarrollador web con todos los conocimientos necesarios para empezar tu carrera como programador junior: horario flexible, clases presenciales, 100% práctico y orientado a proyectos. Aprenderás: Design theory, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP, GIT, API’s, responsive design.
    4GeeksAcademy finances all students for 3 months and  has a partnership with Pave for up to 36 months financing. Lending partners include Climb Credit & SkillsFund.
    ScholarshipYes, scholarships are available.
  • Full Stack Development (Full Time)

LocationMadrid, Santiago, Caracas, Miami
    1. From zero to junior developer in 9 or 16 weeks. 2. 90% of graduates working on code related jobs. 3. Pay nothing until you get a job in tech or get financing from $120 month. 4. Job support for life! 5. Get help on your coding challenges for life! 6. With our support system, get your answers in less than 15min. Syllabus focusing on Python, Javascript, React and Express. Start with a 2 weeks pre-work, followed by 9 weeks intensive (9am-6pm). Very exclusive (max 12 students per classroom), 1:5 student-teacher ratio, chat support for questions 12 hours a day, on demand unlimited 1-1 Mentorships. Lifetime Access! Even after you get a job. Full Job Support for life: hundreds of hiring partners always looking for developers, fake interview preparations, Resume preparation, 1-on-1 sessions to practice for each important interview and more. More details about the technologies: Design theory, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, React, GIT, WebPack, Unit Testing, Python, Flask (or django), REST API’s and many other technologies. We focus the most wanted technologies in the industry.
    DepositDepends on the payment option from $0 (no deposit) to $1,000 dollars.
    Lending partners include Climb CreditQuotandaSkillsFund.
    Refund / GuaranteeTotal or partial refund offered until half of the course.
    Scholarship- Lesbians in Tech two times a year (full-ride). - A lot more options, ask for information.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required.
    Prep Work40 hours online with access to the office on Saturdays for questions or online chat 12 hours a day.
  • Full Stack Development (Part-time)

LocationSantiago, Caracas, Miami
    Create real life projects using Python + Javascript + React. You choose your own specialty: Websites/eCommerse, Apps, API's, Internet of Things, Machine Learning. Start with a 2 weeks pre-work, followed by 16 weeks (6pm-9pm). Very exclusive (max 12 students per classroom), 1:4 student-teacher ratio, support for questions 12 hours a day, on demand unlimited 1-1 Mentorships. Lifetime Coding Support! Even after you get a job. Full Job Support for life, hundreds of hiring partners always looking for developers, fake interview preparations, Resume preparation, 1-on-1 sessions to practice for each important interview and more. You’ll learn Design theory, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, React, GIT, WebPack, Unit Testing, Python, Flask (or django), REST API’s and many other technologies. We focus the most wanted technologies in the industry.
    DepositFrom $0 (no deposit) to $1,000 depending on the payment plan.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Refund / GuaranteeTotal or partial refund offered until half of the course.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required.
  • Web Development (With Miami Dade College)

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Wordpress, SEO, SQL
    In PersonPart Time20 Hours/week
    Location-
    In this course you will learn how to develop profesional websites and applications, using Javascript, PHP, AJAX, Object Oriented Programming, WordPress, Web Services, MVC, Databases and API’s. At the conclusion of the course you will have developed your own web app integrated to any of todays social networks and cloud services. The course will also train you in the best marketing practices for Search Engine Optimization, PPC and SEM. This course consists of a blended format that includes a combination of 72 hours of face-to-face instruction and 48 hours of online training through a digital platform.
    Several ways of financing including Pave, Upstart and others.
    ScholarshipAs members of the Revest Cuban Refugee Program we offer full scholarships for this program.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner.
  • Great experience
    - 11/19/2020
    Sara SM  User Photo
    Sara SM • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've recently finished the part time bootcamp (remote) and it was a fantastic experience.

The program is very intense but it's very well structured and have a great student platform. In 3 months i've learn more than a whole year studying on my own.

Great teachers that are always happy to guide you. One of the best points it's that you have unlimited one to one mentoring sessions.
  • Kevin Soria  User Photo
    Kevin Soria • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm thrilled to have choosing 4Geeks Academy when I was looking to change my career into coding. They specialized in Python, and that was one of the reasons I decided to do it.

After 9 weeks of arduous work and a very challenging program, they started helping me a lot with tailored coaching for every job opportunity I was getting.

We did several career support coaching sessions for around two months; we went thru my CV, my GitHub, LinkedIn, and made sure to publish my coding projects. They help me professionally write my personal story and also referred me to my current employer.

It's been almost a year and they are always there for me; I'm still asking for help whenever I need it.
  • Leisy Arcia  User Photo
    Leisy Arcia • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I started the academy without any coding background, from a completely different industry.

I every bit of the course; the teachers were terrific, really supportive! They never got tired of anyone's questions and explained very well. There is a chat support system where you can ask questions with a max 20 min response time, which helped me a lot because I would not get stuck for a long time. Also, I could ask for 1-on-1 mentorships any time.

The community is also excellent; today, I continue to stay in touch with the academy a lot. I would happily recommend this school to everyone interested in becoming a software developer.
  • Fidel Rosell  User Photo
    Fidel Rosell • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience great; I already had coding knowledge, but I was looking to update my skills to modern technologies like React.js, Python/Flask, etc.

After finishing the bootcamp, I secured a Software Engineering position at a local company. They helped me with mock interviews, resume preparation, and help me practice for the interviews even when they were about different technologies.
  • Niza Vera  User Photo
    Niza Vera • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was looking to start my professional career as a software developer. I decided to go with 4Geeks Academy because they were teaching python and eventually want to specialize in Machine Learning and A.I.

The moment I started studying, it felt like a very friendly environment with small classes and a lot of mentoring. They don't lie when they say you can have unlimited mentoring for life!

After 9 weeks of hard work, I graduated from the bootcamp, and they coached me to build my Resume, Linkedin, Github. They also coached me tailored to the opportunity that I was getting; we would discuss approaching the interview and setting goals based on my career goals. We also did training on particular technologies required for the opportunity.

I was impressed with their online platform, with daily organized goals, hundreds of auto-graded exercises in English and Spanish, and very cool projects.

I'm delighted with 4Geeks Academy, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in starting a coding career!
  • Sergio  User Photo
    Sergio • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Desde el inicio del bootcamp, se nota el acompañamiento que prometen cuando te ofrecen el curso.  Son muy abiertos y toman muy en serio los comentarios que se les hacen, e intentan crear la mejor experiencia adaptándose a las necesidades particulares de cada grupo. Es lo bueno de ser sólo 7 en la clase.

Los profesores son muy comunicativos y pacientes. Siempre con buena disposición y van más allá de lo estrictamente necesario para que todo quede claro y el estudiante aprenda.

El sistema de mentorías es muy flexible. Tenía dudas antes de incribirme sobre si, de verdad, iban a ser mentorías ilimitadas. La verdad es que incluso incentivan que las tomes y  que sean todas las que necesitan.

En cuanto al contenido, al ver las opciones de trabajo, te das cuenta que muchas piden las tecnologías que aprendiste en el bootcamp. Eso es muy grato de ver, después de haber invertido tiempo y dinero en un bootcamp.

El acompañamiento de por vida se agradece, sobretodo cuando vas a empezar con las entrevistas y tienes que preparar el CV y hacer las cartas para aplicar. Tienen sesiones personalizadas para hacer entrevistas ficticias y para ayudarte a preparar para todas las entrevistas. Te ayudan en todo.

Es un programa muy completo que cubre todo lo que necesitas para empezar o actualizarte en el mundo del desarrollo de software.

Sin duda, muy contento. Recomiendo totalmente este bootcamp!
  • Excelente bootcamp
    - 10/19/2020
    Flor Rodriguez  User Photo
    Flor Rodriguez • Marketing • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Entré en 4Geeks Academy gracias a un concurso en redes sociales, recibí una beca por la semana de la mujer para el bootcamp de full-stack software development en modalidad remoto part-time. La experiencia ha sido excelente, el currículo es genial y no solo he aprendido programación sino también otras cosas, como por ejemplo el manejo de la frustración. Esta experiencia me ha hecho crecer profesionalmente. Tanto los profesores como resto del staff es super cercano, mi profesora se ha convertido en un referente para mi, explica muy bien y se preocupaba por cada uno de sus alumnos, también se preocupaba por mantener nuestra motivación en alto para que siguiéramos aprendiendo. Las mentorías son uno de los aspectos más importantes que tiene este bootcamp, te acompañan durante toda tu vida laboral, además te dan consejos y formación, es una de las partes que mejor funciona en 4Geeks Academy España, nunca te sientes sola.

Si estás pensando en hacer un bootcamp recomiendo 4Geeks Academy, hay que esforzarse y dedicar tiempo pero merece mucho la pena. Aprendes muchas cosas en muy poco tiempo, ¡yo estoy muy contenta!.
  • BIG UP
    - 10/4/2020
    Mattia Tozzi  User Photo
    Mattia Tozzi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a long search, I decided to enter this bootcamp thanks to its program and all the good reviews I found. Every part of the program is studied in detail and all the professors and mentors are prepared and ready to help even outside the course hours. Here you will have access to mentoring session every time you need; also all the staff will help with your learning path and  job search, taking care of how you build your CV and Linkedin profile.
    So if you are looking for a good bootcamp where to learn and feel at home you
    should definitely opt for 4Geeks Academy!
  • simply AMAZING
    - 10/3/2020
    Juan González  User Photo
    Juan González • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Since the beginning of the course the environment felt like we were all friends even though it was the first that we met. From the country manager to the teachers and students, the entire staff makes you feel like home. Educationally speaking I have to say that I had the privilege to have an incredible teacher, Jimena, explains really well and she cares about each of her students. Really good experience overall.
  • 4Geek Academy
    - 11/9/2019
    My name is Hossam Khattab. If I win the price, I'll buy a high features labtop to help my to continue my learning :-)  User Photo
    My name is Hossam Khattab. If I win the price, I'll buy a high features labtop to help my to continue my learning :-) • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The best coding bootcamp in South Florida, without a doubt! The instructors are very knowledgable, the curriculum is awesome (One of the only schools teaching Python), and the pricing and schedule were not only manageable but also a value! I highly recommend them. As an Alumni, I can attest to the programs ability to make you an awesome developer. Also, they have great Alumni support in place, so it really is a lifelong relationship.
  • João Henrique Xavier  User Photo
    João Henrique Xavier • Jr. Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Bootcamp provided by 4Geekx Academy. During the course, I had doubts if that was the right choice because it was everything new to me comfort zone 0. However, I did my best to learn every detail that I was being taught. Once the course was over I got the feeling that I knew nothing and of course though that I still had a long way to actually be a Junior Developer.

My feeling about it was just frustrating because as much more I passed hours studying much more concepts and programming languages there were to learn. It's like you open one door and there are 20 other doors to open after. The important thing was the support I've had, the support actually I still have from the school. They were there when I could not find the answer, that attention gave me the strength I needed to keep going and get a job.

I landed in a couple of interviews and in all of those I was couched in how to proceed. In other word these guys know what they are doing. I appreciate that I choose them to teach me how to code.

• Scott Huang  User Photo
    Scott Huang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The program was overall a good intro to coding. The instructors and staff continue to provide support even after the program ended. It was a good option for the price.