claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers 12-week to 20-week classes in full stack Java, C#/.NET, Javascript, and Cybersecurity analysis. Claim Academy is approved to operate by the State of Missouri Department of Higher Education to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Java Course through Teachable before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming, work with mentors and instructors, and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.51

all (140) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Evening

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 20 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Immersive

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 14 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Front-End Javascript Developer Immersive

JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 12-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Agile methodology and RESTful Web Services.
  • Front-End Javascript - Evening

Node.js, JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 20-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Javascript, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

Scrum, .NET, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

MVC, DevOps, .NET, C#, AngularJS, ASP.NET, CSS, Design, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer - Evening

Java, Git, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to the STLCC Workforce development group, the most sought-after specific skills among St. Louis region tech jobs in 2014 were SQL, Oracle resources, and Java programming. Developers in the Java environment are the backbone of large corporations in the St Louis region, and demand has never been higher for entry-level programmers. Overview: Our course in Full Stack Java covers the basics of full stack development in industry-standard environments using Java, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb Credit, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Online

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MySQL, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)
  • Shawn  User Photo
    Shawn • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Now that it had been more than a year with no full-time employment as a developer, I will share my experience during my time with Claim Academy. The first red flag to start with was when I was filling out the documentation for financing. At the time of my application, they advertised their "pay after you get the job" only for them to pressure you into paying the school in full by their Climb Credit loan. Looking back at it, I should have never taken the loan as I am paying $400 a month and living paycheck to paycheck with the promise and hopes of receiving a software engineer job. I was also promised a scholarship in which I never received or had any documentation of receiving the scholarship.

As far as studying there, We had a fantastic instructor in the JavaScript program. Although he may not be teaching at Claim anymore, he made the course equally challenging and exciting. The biggest problem I had with the course as I was part of the first Full-stack JavaScript students at Claim which made the course structure challenging as far as the amount of time needed for each subject. Our JavaScript class could have greatly benefitted from more mentors/teacher assistants. We had a mentor in the program, but he did not join us until the middle of the program. We could also benefit from more time on our final capstone project as the project was very important to our future when we present to employers. I felt like I did not get adequate time to work on the capstone project as I have gone to build higher-quality projects immediately after graduation to replace the capstone project on my resume. One thing I noticed was anyone that who wanted to unenroll from Claim was pressured into staying, so they wouldn't have to refund a certain amount of their tuition according to their refund policy. Another issue was the class schedule made it nearly impossible to keep a full-time job. Even if you were part-time, they would talk you into studying full time in the middle of the program.

When they handed us our transcript after graduation, I noticed they added subjects to our transcript that we "learned" even though we have never been taught on those subjects. Examples were Transcript, Firebase, etc. They also claimed that their program is worth college credit, however, the validity of that is currently in review.

The worst part about the program was after I graduated from the program. They claimed the employers that we presented our final project to would contact us however when I followed up with a lot of the employers that were present during the presentation, they replied that I did not have enough experience that they need. When we had our original Engagement Manager, he worked very hard to follow up with us and made sure that our resume and interview skills were up to par. After he has left, there has been a revolving door of Engagement Managers that we would have very little if any contact to. Although they claimed to "be there for you every step of the way and get you on to interviews with big companies" they have not followed up with any opportunities. You get invited to join an alumni group on the Basecamp app only for them to recommend any job rather it required 5-7 years of experience or relocate to cities outside of Saint Louis. The only jobs I was contacted for were for Java instead of JavaScript.

Back on February 10th, they have reached out to see if I can send them my offer letter that I received for a small 4-month freelance project I completed through a personal connection. I have mentioned I did not receive an official emailed offer as we have agreed to the contract in person. I also used the email to express my concerns with Claim Academy as the only time Claim has followed up in several months was to get details about my contract position. Claim has chosen not to respond to my email and has not contacted me since I express my concerns. The biggest concern I have mentioned to them as I paid a premium tuition rate in hopes of the premium learning experience, support after graduation, and potential opportunities with companies that they have "great relationships" with. I have peers with similar backgrounds that have graduated from other programs that were either free or cheaper and have received full-time employment opportunities.

My advice to anyone considering Claim Academy is to do your research for other programs as there are more affordable options that provide the same or better experience than Claim Academy and would treat their students as students instead of a number. I recommend considering schools such as LaunchCode or Savvy. If you decide to pursue your education with Claim Academy, do not use their financing. Ask them about their "pay after your first job" if they still offer it. Do not make the same mistake as I did thinking you will get your first tech job quickly.

Response From: Brian Barlay of Claim Academy
    Title: Company Engagement Manager
    Friday, Jul 09 2021
    Hi Shawn,

First we are happy you landed a contract Job at AnHeuser- Busch, the largest Liqour company in the world. That indeed is good news and a great start.  We are sorry it is taking you a longer time than most grads of Claim Academy to land a job. It may be due to the fact that you graduated in the middle of Covid-19, when our country was shot down and there were so many uncertainties at many organizations. Employers are now hiring and the demand for your skills is very high.  Please reach out to us for us to help you.  We have a proven system of connecting our Alumni to Jobs and we like you to utilize them since we do not have a record of you using them or following our processes.

Our records show the following : Before I mention these things, can you kindly reach out to us for support, interview prep time, coaching etc ? We have invited you to multiple employer spotlights event which we conduct every 2 weeks, to meet hiring managers from various companies, but have no record of your attendance.  Since you graduated back in 2020, we have provided to our Alumni and current students 89 Tech Job career fairs with no record of you attending any of them. We suggested to our grads to apply to at least 10 jobs a week, we do not have a record of you engaged in this.  Every month, we provide more than 60 jobs in our job boards for entry level positions, can you provide any record of you applying ?  We understand you may be working at that time, but we encourage all our Alumni to apply to these great opportunties. A great number of our students are landing  jobs, some even multiple offers and sending in their job offer letters. Please let us know how we can continue to assist you.

You stated "  The first red flag to start with was when I was filling out the documentation for financing. At the time of my application, they advertised their "pay after you get the job" only for them to pressure you into paying the school in full by their Climb Credit loan " No one at Claim has ever forced anyone to sign a loan to pay for their education. Our records show you did not qualify for our Pay after you get the job program nor did you meet our criteria. You opted in for a school loan program just like anyone else to pay for their training.

You stated "  I was also promised a scholarship in which I never received or had any documentation of receiving the scholarship " Our investigation shows that you did  get a scholarship which was applied to your tuition enrollment as the non refundable fees.

You stated" As far as studying there, We had a fantastic instructor in the JavaScript program " We appreciate your acknowledgement of our exellent Javascript program and instructor. Claim Academy is one of the top 40 best coding bootcamps in the United States and top 50 in the world. We are dedicated to our students and will continue to work hard for their success.

You stated "  Another issue was the class schedule made it nearly impossible to keep a full-time job. Even if you were part-time, they would talk you into studying full time in the middle of the program "  In our 12 week full time program which is made up of 9 hours/day of 3 hour blocks of pair programming, mentor lead sessions and instructor and lab. We advised all our STUDENTS NOT TO  TAKE ON ANY JOB DURING THIS FULL TIME PROGRAM. It is nearly impossible to keep up with the class work and working at the same time. The full time program is rigorous. If you wanted to work, we advised the student to attend our part time , 20 weeks , 3 hours/day, 3 days a week program. You were in the 12 weeks program and you chose to also keep a job. That will defininately impact your commitment and outcome. This wil affect your capstone project and may be a factor in delaying you getting a job. Especially if you are distracted and do not have enough time dedicated towards your new training and learning.

You stated"  When they handed us our transcript after graduation, I noticed they added subjects to our transcript that we "learned" even though we have never been taught on those subjects. Examples were Transcript, Firebase, etc. They also claimed that their program is worth college credit, however, the validity of that is currently in review "  Could it be it was taught you were not present since you were also working at the same time, when advised not to do so. In regards to college credits. Claim Academy is approved to operate by the Missouri Department of Higher education, the organization that accredits and manages courses for Universities and Colleges.  The amount of equivalent college credit and approval is determined by each college based on their own internal policies and completely out of Claim Academy's hands.

We have multiple ways we help our Alumni to get a Job and we will do anything within our powers to continue to support you. Please reach out to us.
  • Josh  User Photo
    Josh • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Claim Academy was amazing for helping me understand and implement Java Full-Stack Web Development. I learned several software packages that I now have on my resume. I had help with writing a professional looking technical resume designed specifically for getting work in the web development industry. The instructors were incredibly helpful and even allowed me extra time when "real-life" reared its ugly head. Being a disabled vet with PTSD, this course allowed me to work where I feel safest... at home.
  • Julius James  User Photo
    Julius James • Full Stack Java Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Going to claim was one of the best i did in my life. From the recruiting to the mentoring is just A-1. I graduated with hard work and persistent, and the mentoring of claim instructors. Thank you Denish and Lamar.
  • Daniel A. Bradford  User Photo
    Daniel A. Bradford • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Change is not easy for anyone. But for those who have the courage to push themselves for three months, Claim Academy will channel your persistent efforts toward a positive career change.

As a Full Stack Java Boot Camp graduate, I experienced this guided change firsthand. Denish Otieno skillfully and patiently taught us core Java for the first three weeks, with clever examples and labs to push us to experience the important concepts and nuances of the Java language. After this, the instructors built on this foundation with frameworks and tool sets which allowed us to tie our Java data models to persistent databases, control the flow of information here with responsive and data-driven web front ends. This was done with nightly classes and several practical projects which pushed us just a bit beyond what what we knew when the project was assigned, giving us goals on which to focus.

While it remained fast-paced, Alex Duncan and the instructors were on hand to guide us to finding and fixing our errors, teaching us how to solve problems while pushing us to embrace new methods necessary for a full stack developer to succeed in the industry. Alex in particular, tenaciously tackled every bug we brought him and with utmost patience showed us how to move forward.

With our unexpectedly large group, it was difficult to get detailed feedback on our project code, since most of the mentoring time was used for guided troubleshooting.

If you stick with the curriculum, you will be made ready to tackle technical challenges, present a polished resume, interview well, and make that career change/bump Claim Academy claims. The more you put into it, the more drastic and marketable your change will be.
  • Joshua   User Photo
    Joshua • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed the Full Stack C#  Developer program and loved it. I came in with no knowledge of programing  my instructor did a great job at bringing me and others with no knowledge or some up to build a full functioning application.

It’s definitely a program that requires self-motivation and discipline to get the most out of it but the staff is there to assist you in that journey.
  • Elise G.  User Photo
    Elise G. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course was very well structured and gave you so many tools! It kept me on my toes and motivated. I attended online and was still able to connect with everyone. Tom C. my instructor and he was awesome, he really kept us up to date with good information and skills. The staff is also very kind.
  • Nick Ray  User Photo
    Nick Ray • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I completed the Full Stack JavaScript Developer program and loved it. I came in with some coding knowledge and Manav, my instructor, did a great job balancing bringing the others from no or little knowledge up and challenging me with more topics to explore.

• Great Bootcamp
    - 8/10/2020
    Christian Downs  User Photo
    Christian Downs • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am so happy with my decision to come to Claim Academy! I know that my work here will propel me to the future that I want!
  • Worth your time!
    - 6/26/2020
    Sean Peters  User Photo
    Sean Peters • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Challenging but rewarding program for those looking to enter the software developer field. Excellent staff invested in  your success!
  • Larry Pratt  User Photo
    Larry Pratt • Full Stack Java Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A great place to learn to code!
    Hands-on learning and industry standard instruction. Actual programming experience instead of useless theory and time wasting filler classes.

Full time immersive program is 9 hours a day and a huge commitment.  Staff is always helpful and willing to do what it takes to help you if you need it.  It takes a good amount of self control and dedication but if you work hard and push yourself you can really learn a lot about what it takes to be a Full Stack Developer!

The building was always clean and a heroic effort was made to sanitize the whole building every day.

When we were forced to move to a mostly virtual format due to the St. Louis County requirements they still kept the building open and provide help even while following the guidelines.

Getting grads employed seems to be HIGH on their list and Ola and the team seem to work hard to prepare us for interviews and line up potential employers.
  • Christy Volosin  User Photo
    Christy Volosin • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Claim Academy helped me grow my skills and taught me lots of valuable information about Java programming and all of the software that goes into being a Full-Stack Java Developer. It is a lot of information to learn in 12 weeks, and you have to be willing to put in a lot of work to learn the material while applying it, by taking lots of notes, reading the material and coding, as well as learning how to find answers yourself online through Google searches, YouTube, and every resource available, which is an important skill to have as a developer when you are on your own. The instructors were very knowledgeable and able to answer all questions as needed.  I feel the ongoing support that Claim offers their graduates, both in willingness to answer questions and in job placement assistance, is extremely valuable. I did feel that they could benefit from a little more organization overall, but I still learned far more than I could have on my own, and I feel that if I had tried this alone, I would not have been able to put all the information together enough to build a full application as I did by the end of the course.
    Another thing I will say is that the pandemic hit in the middle of my time at Claim, and Claim adjusted wonderfully, providing lots of support to keep us going by shifting to online classes, and providing the mentor assistance online during the day so we could all stay home and safe during the pandemic.
  • Momi  User Photo
    Momi • Full Stack Java Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    Claim Academy has helped me grow my skills in the tech world and allow me to become a Full Stack Java Developer. The teachers and mentors are always there to help and challenge you along the way! The program is quite challenging for the first timer, but it is so rewarding and you meet a lot of great people along the way. Not only your fellow classmates, but the instructors as well. I am happy that I chose this path.

Claim Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduated. 97% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $63,134. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 132 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.