Course Report is pleased to present our second Market Sizing Report, another in-depth, empirical study that takes stock of the coding bootcamp industry. The findings confirm startling industry growth between 2014-2015.
Course Report polled every full-time, US/Canadian bootcamp with courses in web and mobile development, gathering statistics on 2014 graduates and projected 2015 graduation rates. Our response rate was once again impressive: 94% of schools responded. Here are some of the most interesting highlights:
- In 2015, the bootcamp market will grow by 2.4x, to an estimated 16,056 graduates in 2015, up from 6,740 in 2014.
- As a point of comparison, we estimate that there were 48,700 undergraduate computer science graduates from accredited US universities in 2014.
- Our 2014 Market Sizing Study projected the 2014 market size to be 5,987 graduates. Our 2015 study finds that the actual market size in 2014 was 6,740 graduates. Thus our 2014 report underestimated year-over-year growth by 11%.
- Average tuition price of qualifying courses is $11,063, with an average program length of 10.8 weeks.
- We estimate that tuition revenue from qualifying US schools will be $172M in 2015 (up from $52M in 2014), excluding scholarships.
Check out the infographic below or read the full report as a PDF, which includes additional data and details on our methodology.
As the bootcamp industry expands, students can rest assured that Course Report will add new schools to the directory and continue to publish interviews with graduates, founders, and instructors.