devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Madison, Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Software Development in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The full-time, full-stack 12-week Software Development program focuses on C# and .Net. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job seeking strategies, personal branding, resume and interview workshops.

devCodeCamp's locations were constructed to replicate real-world software development firms in downtown Milwaukee in the Ward4 Startup Hub.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (107) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (8) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems, and think creatively. Here, we walk you though the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software, but how do you write it in a flexible, robust way so that your code may even outlive you. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages out there. Beginners get lost in big words, complicated problems, and the slew of technologies used to bring ideas to reality. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers. Good software development stems from good software design, and we take full advantage of that aspect to make learning as entertaining and enticing as possible. After all we want you to love learning and spending time in our coding community.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. Also, accept the Forever GI Bill.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using the most modern technologies so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning. You will have immediate access to instructors to get the mentoring you need when you need it.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit
  • Tony Seichter  User Photo
    Tony Seichter • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    devCodeCamp was great.  In the past, I have tried to teach myself to program multiple times. After a day or two I would lose my drive, or get bored or frustrated, and walk away.  Now I am a full stack developer.

At devCodeCamp, the pace was really engaging. They started us with basic syntax and logic puzzles, to shape up our brains into program logic mode, and after a week of that we hit the ground running making simple command console games while we learned about methods, classes, and data structures.

I was in the first remote class, because Covid. I was pretty concerned because I knew I wanted the classroom environment to keep me focused, but it ended up great, morning lectures got me out of bed and working, and the format worked really well, no raised hands or waiting for instructors to be available, we just dropped a message in the instructor group chat and they were always ready to help.

I want to give a shout-out to the instructors, They were the best.  I have one memorable morning where I couldnt sleep and got up at some crazy early time in the morning, pulled out my code. I was having a problem, threw a question in the instructor chat, and pivoted to a different part of the project figuring I would hear back in a few hours, maybe 7:30 at the earliest.   Nope.  It wasn't even 5 in the morning yet when an instructor popped on and pointed me in the right direction to solve my difficulty.
    Another time I pasted hundreds of lines of code to the instructors and just said "its not working" and David jumped in and started digging though it asking me a couple questions that told me he was definitely doing his best to find my bug.  The instructors are dedicated and want the students to succeed more than I think some of the students themselves wanted to succeed.

The days flew by at a frantic pace, and any time I was getting close to done with the proscribed project I would try and add my own flair, which helped me learn even more.  Then we got out of fun mode, no more video games, all of the sudden I knew about SQL and how to design a database.  I found out what a restful api was, and within days I was pulling data from the internet into my applications with ease.  I think they gave us 3 days and a weekend to learn HTML/CSS, and then on monday,  bam, make an HTML/javascript webpage that that pulls a restful api and shows the data using javascript.  I was pretty worried because we had only covered javascript for like a day, but it wasn't so different from the c# that the course focuses on.   This pace continued right to the end, and kept me focused on learning before anything else.  Lecture in the morning, code after till my program worked, day after day.

We did a lot of solo work, some group work, and it was a grand old time, if frustrating.   I think that frustration is just part of programming.

My biggest advice going in is never be afraid to take five, go outside and throw a ball at your dog, or take a few minute reddit break. I had quite a few naps.  If you can't manage and shed frustration you're going to burn out.  But come back to the code till it works, if you leave things broken over night it can be hard to remember what you were doing.
    Get in there, have fun with it, but remember it's a $17,800 course, treat it like you're in a cubicle at a hundred dollar an hour job, you will succeed and make more that in the first year out.
  • Christy Yang  User Photo
    Christy Yang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went to DevCodeCamp with zero experience and by the end of the course I felt really good about where I was and where I was going. The instructors are absolutely wonderful. They are super helpful, always encouraging students to ask questions and extremely welcoming. No one is discriminated nor is left out of the one-on-one hands on learning experience from these instructors. All the guidance I received was very positive. When I felt myself struggling, it’s like they knew the right steps to take to help me understand and move forward in a way that is sort of personal to who you are and how you learn. I attended DevCodeCamp a little before the pandemic hit and ended up having to go remote half through the course. The change worked for me and I never once felt like the one-on-one experience and teachings disappeared. It actually felt like they reached out more frequently to make sure we were all doing okay. Three months after graduation, I received a job offer. Mind you, this is during a pandemic. The school helped me with the job that I got and I could not be more grateful for all their help and assistance. devCodeCamp changed my life and if you’re looking for a bootcamp to attend, look no further.
  • Aaron Madison  User Photo
    Aaron Madison • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Absolutely awesome experience, would recommend to anyone looking to break into the Software Development field. Their curriculum is very in depth and fast moving, everything works together to bring you to a deep understanding of the stack their working in. The instructors are awesome, it's a perfect mix of serious knowledge and fun wittiness. The in class environment is great, the building is very accessible and easy to work in. Overall an amazing experience for anyone who is looking for a new career, or just looking to pick up some programming skills.
  • Awesome Experience
    - 5/11/2020
    Justin Haldeman  User Photo
    Justin Haldeman • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This program was an awesome experience. It taught me not only how to code but how to solve problems. I'm better at solving problems by breaking them down. The instructors were awesome. They always wanted to help. I highly recommend this program.
  • Experience
    - 5/9/2020
    Victor Meza  User Photo
    Victor Meza • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Working closely with instructors that actually cared about your projects. My personally assigned instructor Michael H, took all the necessary steps to in-depth explain programming principles, good writing conventions and conceptual background of some algorithms and data structures.

For our personal projects Michael T. Helped tremendously, helping guide my decision making and project direction when things inevitably got complicated. While at times some concepts were difficult to grasp; the instructors made an effort to go over the concepts again in a different way to really ensure we're ready to implement them in the real world.

While at times, it was frustrating they would have limited involvement; the skill of learning how to research on your own will set me up to learn endless programming languages, with the added benefit of having them as a support team for concept that are increasingly difficult to grasp.
  • Jeff A Cate  User Photo
    Jeff A Cate • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Not what I was expecting but definitely worth the work. Their process of retraining the mind to think like a developer is pretty impressive. Including whiteboard challenges into a fully immersive and intense agile environment gets you ready for whatever the future holds.
  • Look no further!
    - 1/10/2020
    Amelia Szymanek  User Photo
    Amelia Szymanek • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The best advice I received before my course began was to fully immerse myself into the program because the time flies when you're at devCodeCamp. By choosing to immerse myself and soak up as much information as possible, I know my time spent here was worthwhile. I cannot believe the amount of personal growth I experienced throughout the course. I am grateful for the instructors and leadership for their support throughout the course.

• Andrew Szymanek  User Photo
    Andrew Szymanek • Graduate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The instructors and VP are very much interested in your learning and success. They provide assistance even outside of normal work hours if you are working on a project and trying to meet a deadline. I came here as a veteran using the GI Bill and the process to use that resource was absolutely seamless. I can't say enough good things about this place, so please give this one a look!

• Great experience
    - 12/10/2019
    Jake Gambino  User Photo
    Jake Gambino • Full Stack Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Summary: I went from working in janitorial work for almost a decade, with minimal development/coding experiences to accepting a job at a Fortune 500 company as a Full Stack Engineer. The instructors are great. They are relatable, accessible, and generally fun to be around.

The funding options seem to be very flexible, especially with the ISA option (income share agreement). My plan was to attend devCodeCamp back in late 2017/early 2018, but I couldn't make the funding work. When they introduced the ISA as an option, I returned and am very glad I did. With the ISA, they only get paid if I get paid over a certain threshold and there are limits (both in time and amount).

The program was challenging and engaging. Every time I felt like "I got this! No problem!" we would get a new assignment and I'd be right back to "I guess I have no clue what I'm doing." It's a constant up and down as you are introduced new topics. And make no mistake, there are a LOT of areas covered.

After graduation, the support was excellent. When I received my Associate's Degree (in a different field), it felt like I graduated and got thrown to the pits. This was NOT the case at devCodeCamp. In the month it took me to interview/accept a position, I was in constant contact with the individuals involved with the program, including being able to stay in the classroom and continue working/applying for jobs.

The environment they cultivated is truly impressive. It's collaborative, challenging, and there's never a dull moment. It is hard work and some weeks will require you to work beyond the normal class hours (looking at you, capstone projects), but it is worth it. With my new role, I will be almost doubling the salary I was earning just 16 weeks ago (12 for program, 4 to find job).

HIGHLY recommended

• Matt Washington  User Photo
    Matt Washington • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Going into the program I was a bit skeptical like most people I'm sure. However, this camp is outstanding and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get into coding/developing as a career. I came into the camp with no coding/developing experience and after 3 months I am able to build a full application with front end and back end functionality. The camp is intense and does not give you time to procrastinate on projects, but is still kept at a pace that you can still learn if you put in the effort. The major benefit of a program like devCodeCamp is that the instructors are all really knowledgeable on all the languages/programs that you learn. If you get stuck or don't understand something they are all willing and able to answer pretty much any questions you have and explain it in a way to help you understand it. If you are a veteran you can use the GI Bill to pay for the program like I myself did which helped support me so I didn't have to work in my free time so I could focus on the program. I recommend at least coming in for a tour to check it out and ask any questions you may have about the program.

• Jackpot
    - 7/29/2019
    Charles Erickson  User Photo
    Charles Erickson • Associate Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went into devCodeCamp with no real knowledge or experience. I am still floored by how much I was able to learn in the 14 weeks I was a student here. The entire course is built around teaching the technical aspects and the abstract ones. This means that instructors will help you learn code languages, structures, and techniques as well as learning new ways to approach problems and where to look to learn new things and solve issues yourself. My advice to anyone thinking of coming is to take the leap and gamble on yourself. With the experience and staff at devCodeCamp it's a sure thing.
  • Worth it!
    - 6/20/2019
    Deja A  User Photo
    Deja A • Associate Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

From day 1 you will dive right into coding! This isn't the traditional "sit down and learn from a textbook" classroom environment, this is very hands on and you will always be learning something new. After finishing college with a 4-year degree in something that has nothing to do with coding, I was looking for a change. I heard about devCodeCamp from word-of-mouth and decided to give it a try and I never looked back. There will be times where it feels like a roller coaster,  you will have days where everything is clicking in your mind and there will be days when you will need to focus a little bit more. When there was times where I felt like I was getting lost, the instructors was there to help me with each project. They want you to succeed! Looking back 4 months ago I never thought I would accomplish this much! Going in without a coding background, and now looking back I am glad I took the leap of faith and joined devCodeCamp. The process to enroll into the program  was very smooth and easy! In devCodeCamp you are provided with a great knowledge of coding as a foundation to go forth and learn any other language or create more applications. I was able to find a job quickly, jump starting my career as an engineer. If you are on the fence about this program, jump off the fence and dive in!