devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee, Online

devCodeCamp

DevCodeCamp offers various full-time and part-time, live online coding bootcamps that meet prospective students where they're at in their career. devCodeCamp offers a 30-week, full-time Computer Science Software Engineer Program; a 14-week, full-time Full Stack Development Bootcamp; and a 16-week, part-time Web Development Bootcamp. Bootcamp students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum for each bootcamp is designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. These programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.

The Computer Science Software Engineer Program offers students the kind of core content a student would take during a 4-year, CS Software Engineering Degree at a 4-year university at a fraction of the time and cost. Students will learn Python, JavaScript, the fundamentals of programming, data structures and algorithms, debugging, concurrency, operating systems and network protocols, SQL and NoSQL database design and implementation, web services, frameworks, libraries, testing, DevOps, continuous integration and continuous deployment, documentation, the complete software development lifecycle, and so much more.

The Full Stack Development Bootcamp teaches Python/Django, JavaScript and the MERN stack and DevOps featuring Chef, Ansible, Docker and AWS along with CI/CD concepts. Full Stack graduates get an additional half-day training of Java/Spring for 6 weeks while they start devCodeCamp career services and job search activities in the afternoon.

The Web Development Bootcamp covers the MERN stack, React hooks, Mongoose, GraphQL, Git and Github, web services, and Amazon Web Services. Students will work on real world projects so they can experience every level of the development process, including whiteboard, wireframing and prototyping, writing user stories, conversing with clients, coding, debugging, testing, and refactoring. This part-time bootcamp meets live online in the evenings.

No experience is required to apply to the bootcamps, but applicants must be problem-solvers who are willing to learn and have a desire to be challenged.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (169) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (13) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Part-Time Flex Full Stack Development & DevOps Program

Learn two of the most in-demand stacks in a Part-time Flex Program with live online mentoring and Career Services: Python/Django and JavaScript/React.js combined with Computer Science fundamentals - algorithms and data structures and DevOps -CI/CD. Course includes projects and capstone for your portfolio.
    Ascent Funding
    Your bank or credit union personal loan
    Check or credit card
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • Part- Time Immersive Web Development Program

REST, Git, Front End, Algorithms, Agile, CSS, Express.js, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js, Scrum, GitHub
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning the widely requested MERN (Mongo, Express, React & Node) Full Stack. This popular set of modern programming technologies will allow graduates to hit the ground running with in-demand skills. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is hands-on project-based learning.
    Ascent Funding, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
  • Software Development Program

What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Ascent Funding and Climb Credit
    Prep Workavailable
  • Victor Paturzo  User Photo
    Victor Paturzo • Prospective Web Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    As someone who didn't know very much about computers, let alone software development, my time with devCodeCamp taught me more about web development (MERN) than I could have imagined.  My first impression of devCodeCamp was established before I even started.  As a fresh veteran, I was looking to use my GI Bill for a program when I had found out that many boot camps were no longer accepting GI benefits due to the bill set to end their use by 12/21/2021.  The team at devCodeCamp were kind enough to alter the curriculum of one of their classes just so they could help us vets get the training we needed before the opportunity expired.  It was a grueling course, but we had fantastic instructors working with us.  The program was very project-oriented, and besides receiving the lectures it felt more like we were being guided rather than instructed.  The instructors never gave us the answers, but instead gave us the resources necessary to discover the answers on our own.  This aspect was integral in building a strong foundation of skills needed for a career in web development.  After graduating, you can choose to join the career services group where you are greeted by a strong support system geared to help you find your first job.  Learning everything so far has been very exciting, and learning more by exploring new technologies has only become even more exciting.  Thank you, devCodeCamp, for helping me learn so much!
  • Amazing Course
    - 1/10/2022
    Nolan Beihl  User Photo
    Nolan Beihl • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started this year off working at the United States Air Force Academy as an onsite EMT for the athletic department.  While there I was tasked with designing a testing procedure for detecting COVID-19 in the cadet athletes so that they could continue to practice and compete.  Within 2 weeks I had designed and manufactured, with a 3d printer, a device that enabled us to test 100+ athletes per hour and provide results within 15 minutes. While at the Academy I was introduced to the world of programming through a fellow Airman.  I then started to learn programming on my own doing different online self-paced courses.  After struggling with that I found devCodeCamp and their Full Stack Software Development course.

I enrolled in the Full Stack Software Development course through devCodeCamp and learned a great deal in such a short amount of time.  Not only did I learn coding in multiple languages, but I also learned the how to learn.  Everyone thinks they know how to learn to some degree but one of the invaluable lessons that I experienced was how to tackle new problems and solve them utilizing a variety of resources.  The curriculum can be a little intimidating but with the great instructors I was able to accomplish my goals and create great applications.  I would have never thought this is where I would be, especially in such a short amount of time.  I went from the medical field in both the military and in the civilian market to now being a full stack software developer.  What a great experience and would definitely do it again if given the choice.

Even after completing the course, they offer career services, which is another great thing about this place.  Other places push you out the door after you are done and it's up to you to try and navigate the industry and find a job.  At devCodeCamp that offer one on one help which is amazing in today's world it can be daunting trying to find a job, especially in a new field, but they help with multiple areas such as your profile, resume and even building an individualized website.

I never thought I would have had such a large shift in my life, I couldn't be happier being in a field that I enjoy and am excited about all the possibilities that are in front of me.  I know that I will bring all of the knowledge from devCodeCamp to benefit any team that I am a part of in the future.
    - 12/30/2021
    Dan  User Photo
    Dan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've known for a long time that I wanted to develop software. In 2018 I began a Computer Science degree, and I loved the Software Development courses I took, but after a year of working full time, going to school full time, and being a full time single parent, I realized I was not going to be able to give all my responsibilities 100% for 3 more years. I was forced to leave my dream behind and continue to work and parent for my mental health and my daughter's wellbeing.

In September of 2021 I had a job offer to become an Air Traffic Controller with the FAA. Accepting this offer would increase my yearly salary by 2 to 3 times the amount of money I make in my current position.

At first it seemed like a no-brainer. I'd accept the offer and go on to do whatever it is an Air Traffic Controller does. Once trained I figured I might like the job. But, what if I didn't? I came to the realization that I shouldn't be chasing a high paying job that could potentially make me miserable. I need to be chasing my dreams and do work I find fulfilling.

With this epiphany I began researching coding bootcamps because while 1 - 4 years of school, work, and parenting was too much for me to handle, I knew that I could handle 3 - 6 months juggling all three.

My research led me to devCodeCamp. Not only did their Web Development program fit perfectly into my schedule, but I could also use my GI Bill benefits earned while serving in the United States Coast Guard.

Once enrolled, I promptly backed out of my job offer, and blew through my pre-course work, which left me hungry for more. Before the course started, I knew I had to do everything possible to go above and beyond to absorb as much knowledge as possible from this opportunity.

Words cannot express how fortunate I am to have found this program at this exact point in time. My instructors at devCodeCamp were extremely knowledgeable, patient, and personable. It is obvious they have a passion for their mission, as countless times I received mentorship, instruction, and encouragement after hours or on holiday weekends when stumped by a difficult problem.

I have learned more in 3 months at devCodeCamp than I did in 1 year in my Computer Science program, and it isn't even close. I feel confident stating that devCodeCamp has provided me with the growth and in-demand skills to fulfill my dreams of becoming a competitive developer.

Perhaps, one day, when all conciseness is merged into a singular AI, everyone in the devCodeCamp family will know the extent of my gratitude, but until then, thank you.
  • Great Bootcamp
    - 12/21/2021
    Ben Fischer  User Photo
    Ben Fischer • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Full Stack Software Development course I took through devCodeCamp was more than I expected, in a good way. You are immediately thrown into the curriculum and learn new things immediately.  The course can become difficult at times but as long as you stay consistent and ask for help when needed, you will be just fine. Overall, it was a great experience that gives you the skills to succeed as a developer and in other parts of life.
  • Larry Hatcher  User Photo
    Larry Hatcher • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course starts off very fast and can be confusing if you let it. I had no coding experience when I started off and felt like I could've made a mistake. I stuck with it though and after the first couple of weeks I started getting things. The instructors knowledgeable and attentive. I was able to get a response from them when I needed help, they would lead me into the right direction sometime making me work the answer out vs just giving me the answers. You build a good relationship while in the course as we spent 5 hours a night over 4 months with each other. The overall all course was good and enlightening, even though I don't agree with how quickly some of the projects were due. After taking this course you will have a nice portfolio for future interviews. I do recommend this bootcamp course.
  • Dominique Steward  User Photo
    Dominique Steward • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     This course starts off very fast and overwhelming. If you have no experience coding, you are in for a tough time. With that said, with proper study time after class and asking for help from the wonderful instructors, I promise you that you will be surprised by how much you actually know from the course. The instructors are the highlight of the course. I was always able to get a response from them and whenever I needed to bounce ideas from them, they would lead me into the right direction without actually giving me the answer(Which I appreciate). You get a sense of feeling that they want you to succeed as much as you do. The overall all course was good and even though I don't agree with some of the projects requirements, it did expand my mind to try and find a solution. After taking this course you will have a nice portfolio for future interviews. I do recommend this bootcamp course.
  • Christopher Molitoris  User Photo
    Christopher Molitoris • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I know some of you are reading this and contemplating taking the course or even just apprehensive about being a developer. What I am going to recommend is that you first look into programming and see if it's for you. Not a lot, just a few videos on YouTube and maybe open up an IDE to write some code. Once you know that this industry is for you, take the course AND put your heart into every day. I personally came into this course with a solid foundation of coding/development from self-learning and college curriculum, but you must trust me when I say that you do not need it. A friend I made during from my cohort came in with zero experience and is likely looking at his first offer in less than 2 weeks after completing the course. He put in many hours after hours, proving it can be done. If you worried that you are slightly advanced for the course like I was, that's fine! I felt that way too! After going through the course, I can tell you with confidence that you will only have the opportunity to learn at a more rapid rate, considering you may know a language or two already. The value of the course comes from the instructors guiding you along a path in learning technologies that you don't have to research. All of the planning is complete. You just need to learn and trust the process. I had an offer within 6 days and I'll admit that was fast, but it has changed my life!
  • Justin Campbell  User Photo
    Justin Campbell • Junior Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am very grateful for devCodeCamp. I began the course with absolutely NO experience. They taught me everything that I needed to know and helped me throughout the 12 week process. As a graduate, they seamlessly transitioned me into there Career Services Dept. and now I am beginning a new journey. Thanks devCodeCamp!
  • Learn a TON!
    Midnight  User Photo
    Midnight • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    devCodeCamp tactically throws you right into the fire.  There is a world of learning to do when it comes to software development and dCC does it well, starting with the right fundamentals that will help you to understand more complex languages and libraries down the line.  Most of the projects are the right amount of understanding what you’re doing and being challenged to learn more.  By the end of the course, you’re truly able to create something entirely from scratch, front end and back end and to be able to do that from previously knowing nothing is an incredible testament to dCC's teaching ability.

• Great Program!
    Kevin Cosman  User Photo
    Kevin Cosman • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a 12 week bootcamp that teaches you differents software programs and languages. The instructors are very knowledgeable and supportive. Even with all the other students, they were still able to respond in a timely manner. The cirriculum was perfect as it allowed us to learn the most popular softwares which will be useful for future jobs. The speed at which we learn everything is also beneficial as well. It will help us adapt when we go to new companies and need to learn new languages and such. Career services also did a fantastic job. They helped me with my resume and LInkedIn so that I have the best chance at getting a job. Overall, a great experience!
  • Review
    - 11/16/2021
    I'm a recent graduate of DevCodeCamp. Earlier this year I graduated from Coding Dojo. I'm an eager developer that is eager to learn more.   User Photo
    I'm a recent graduate of DevCodeCamp. Earlier this year I graduated from Coding Dojo. I'm an eager developer that is eager to learn more. • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    What you will get out of this boot camp:

How to work in an agile environment.
    Working in teams to get projects finished.
    Increase in skills of being a self sufficient developer. My GoogleFu skills are now at a new level.
    Use of the debugger tool.(If you don't know how to use this then all the more reason to join).

Overall a great program that solidified my skills to the next level. Teachers were great and did very little hand holding. This teaching style helped to hone my skills in being self-sufficient.

The career services is great and they go above and beyond what is expected. My LinkedIn, my résumé, as well as job hunting have all been improved because of their hard work and dedication.
  • Zachary Wright   User Photo
    Zachary Wright • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I took the Full-Stack Software Development course from May to August. I came into this course with no real coding experience and left it as a skilled Software Developer. During this course, had the best possible experience. The instructors, career services, and enrollment team all were super helpful and very knowledgeable.