devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee, Online

devCodeCamp

DevCodeCamp offers various full-time and part-time, live online coding bootcamps that meet prospective students where they're at in their career. devCodeCamp offers a 30-week, full-time Computer Science Software Engineer Program; a 14-week, full-time Full Stack Development Bootcamp; and a 16-week, part-time Web Development Bootcamp. Bootcamp students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum for each bootcamp is designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. These programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.

The Computer Science Software Engineer Program offers students the kind of core content a student would take during a 4-year, CS Software Engineering Degree at a 4-year university at a fraction of the time and cost. Students will learn Python, JavaScript, the fundamentals of programming, data structures and algorithms, debugging, concurrency, operating systems and network protocols, SQL and NoSQL database design and implementation, web services, frameworks, libraries, testing, DevOps, continuous integration and continuous deployment, documentation, the complete software development lifecycle, and so much more.

The Full Stack Development Bootcamp teaches Python/Django, JavaScript and the MERN stack and DevOps featuring Chef, Ansible, Docker and AWS along with CI/CD concepts. Full Stack graduates get an additional half-day training of Java/Spring for 6 weeks while they start devCodeCamp career services and job search activities in the afternoon.

The Web Development Bootcamp covers the MERN stack, React hooks, Mongoose, GraphQL, Git and Github, web services, and Amazon Web Services. Students will work on real world projects so they can experience every level of the development process, including whiteboard, wireframing and prototyping, writing user stories, conversing with clients, coding, debugging, testing, and refactoring. This part-time bootcamp meets live online in the evenings.

No experience is required to apply to the bootcamps, but applicants must be problem-solvers who are willing to learn and have a desire to be challenged.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (192) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (13) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Computer Science Engineer Program

devCodeCamp's Computer Science Engineer Program is over 1000 hours over a 20 week span providing students with the Ultimate Preparation to enter the tech industry. We cover in 20 weeks the software, tech and CS concepts that most university CS programs do over 4 years. The Computer Science Engineer Program continues when most other Bootcamp programs end; offering an average of twice the content for a fraction more in cost.
    Personal loan from your credit union or bank, check or credit card.
    Alternative tuition loans from Ascent Funding or Climb Credit
    Prep WorkNone required, however, available
  • Data Analytics Flex Bootcamp

Companies are looking to data to make better business decisions, whether it is forecasting revenue, iterating processes for efficiency, or finding ways to increase productivity. This had led to employers seeking trained individuals who possess technical and data analytic skills, problem solving skills, and effectively communicate insights. Join our Data Analytics bootcamp and get the hands-on skills you need to launch a career as a data and business analyst. Learn how to query, clean, wrangle, analyze, and visualize data with modern tools that employers look for, such as Python, Pandas, Numpy, Seaborn, Matplotlib, SQL, Tableau, Selenium, BeautifulSoup, and more. Be trained in programming, databases, exploratory data analysis, web scraping, application programming interfaces, and how to implement strategies to efficiently communicate data-driven insights in a verbal and visual way. Put your programming and database skills, data analysis skills, and statistical techniques to work by taking raw data and turning it into information and insight for business decision-makers. Use modern tools used by professionals to extract data from sources, cleanse data, manipulate data, and visualize data. Be surrounded by a support system of instructors that will answer your questions and meet with you 1:1 to provide direction on projects and mentorship throughout the program. Get detailed video feedback on all projects to see what you did well and where you can improve so that you can strengthen your data analysis and visualization skills.
    Lending partners available, including Ascent Funding
    ScholarshipUpon availability.
  • Full Stack Flex Bootcamp

Learn two of the most in-demand stacks in a Part-time Flex Program with live online mentoring, lectures and Career Services: Python/Django and JavaScript/React.js combined with Computer Science fundamentals - algorithms and data structures and DevOps -CI/CD. Course includes projects and capstone for your portfolio. You'll have weekly deadlines, but do your coding, projects, and studying each week on your schedule.
    Ascent Funding or Climb Credit or
    Your bank or credit union personal loan
    Check or Credit card
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
    Prep WorkAvailable
  • Full Stack Software Engineer Program

Node.js, Java, REST, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, SQL, Data Structures, React.js, Agile, Algorithms, GitHub, MVC, Python, Django
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Ascent Funding and Climb Credit
    Personal loan from your bank or credit union, check or credit card
  • Thomas   User Photo
    Thomas • Verified via LinkedIn
    devCodeCamp was quite an experience when it came to learning how to code. Went in nervous and knowing little to none, and came out with a wealth of knowledge. It is also great to know that I'll always have a helping hand to turn to if ever I need.
  • Jeshua  User Photo
    Jeshua • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enrolled in devCodeCamp's Full Stack Development course after spending nearly a year researching bootcamps. I had read many mixed reviews online about coding bootcamps in general, but devCodeCamp did not disappoint. The wealth of knowledge provided by the instructors proved that I made the right choice when I picked devCodeCamp. I had many doubts after having not touched code in several years, but with the great team of instructors it was much easier than anticipated. I would highly recommend devCodeCamp to anyone regardless of a lack of experience in programming!
  • Mayra  User Photo
    Mayra • Gann • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am a person that needs to be constantly learning something new, growing, and adapting to feel accomplished. My previous field was in the sign industry, and unfortunately, there is not much growth in that industry. That's when I decided to make a change. I took the plunge and researched several boot camps and I was brought to devCodeCamp and I don't regret it.

I can say without a doubt, that not only was I served knowledge by the best instructors I have encountered, but they also served me with some life-changing skills.   You can really tell they want to help you out, and that to me is golden.  I encourage anyone who truly wants to learn to code to give this boot camp a shot you will learn things the hard way but you will definitely learn them the right way.

The one thing that really caught my attention was career services. In other boot camps, I noticed that they didn't have extensive career services and that was definitely what swayed me to use this boot camp over all others.
  • Wesley Malott  User Photo
    Wesley Malott • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enrolled in devCodeCamp from March 2022 through June 2022. I partook in their 14-week full-stack web development boot-camp. I did a lot of research prior to attending to determine which boot-camp I should take, and I decided on devCodeCamp because their career services portion looked promising. Never in a million years did I think it would be amazing as it was. I changed careers prior to enrolling, feeling nervous and uneasy about whether it was the correct decision. I can confidently say now that I am at the other end that it was one of the best decisions I have made in my life, and I am excited to start using the skills that I learned moving forward. I highly recommend devCodeCamp to anyone looking for a life-changing experience.
  • Reny Reyes  User Photo
    Reny Reyes • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    During my search for a bootcamp that could offer an amazing curriculum, career services as well as amazing instructors that help you along the way, I found devCodeCamp. Love the accessibility of being able to always have the course to reference back when I need a refresher on the materials. The instructors motivated me to strive in being the best I can be. You will not regret joining this bootcamp. It has been the best decision I have made so far.
  • Travis  User Photo
    Travis • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     I am a former marine corps infantryman that moved to Austin a few months before starting the 12-week full stack web development course in 2022. I was also working a night job while attending dCC. I had a little experience programming before starting the course, mostly some JavaScript and very little React. I was a little apprehensive at the beginning of the course because I was learning a new language (python) and did not know how it compared to my experience with JavaScript. Megan, JJ, and Pascal helped so much in my translating between the two and understanding the differences. I learned that picking up a new language wasn’t hard at all, although I still prefer JavaScript. I was also used to programming solo and was a little nervous about programming with someone else. Through the paired programming, I learned it was sometimes essential to keep the motivation going even when we were working on a second or third refactor of our current solution. I’ve learned throughout the course just how powerful it is to work in a team that can look at a problem with a fresh set of eyes. As I moved through a few different partners, it became clear how important working in a group was. At the point of working on our capstone projects, we found ourselves checking in on each other and seeing if we could help solve some smaller bugs before asking an instructor for help. But I have to tell you, Brett and Dan are wizards when it came time to call on their expertise in fixing bugs. I’ve recently just started with the career services and I think I can be really optimistic on my future as a developer.
  • Recent Graduate
    - 6/4/2022
    Jonathan Harris  User Photo
    Jonathan Harris • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Super happy with my experience, I self-taught for about 2 months before enrolling which I believed really helped me. Although its not required and if you put in the work you can get by without it I would definitely recommend getting a head start and learning on your own before the bootcamp. The instructors are super nice and really want to see you succeed. 10/10 would recommend
  • Christopher Krieg  User Photo
    Christopher Krieg • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really enjoyed my experience overall! I completed the part-time course in web development. It takes time and commitment to finish, but if you enjoy coding like I do, it doesn't seem like you're at school! The instructors were great, taught me a lot and provided great feedback. The course covered the MERN stack.

Allowed me to go to school while still working a full-time job. Even though I had done some self-study in coding languages in the past, I learned some new methods and frameworks and how best to use them.

With one instructor assigned to a class, sometimes the students that don't pick up coding right away seemed to fall behind the others.
  • Recent Grad
    - 5/20/2022
    Justin Goncalves  User Photo
    Justin Goncalves • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am a recent graduate of devCodeCamp's full-stack Software Engineering course. Going into this bootcamp I knew next to nothing about coding. As someone who never completed college, I thought the idea of learning about computer programming was only reserved for those fortunate enough to acquire a degree in computer science. I am proud to say that after 12 weeks, I feel job ready as a Software Developer. The curriculum is everything needed to become a full-stack developer. A huge reason I selected devCodeCamp was because of the extensive 1-on-1 time with the instructors. Having an instructor help you understand coding on a private level was an incredibly helpful experience. I am currently working with career services and it is a wonderful resource for new graduates to create a resume, a tech hire bio, and a LinkedIn account. I am looking forward to working in an exciting career with endless possibilities.
  • Graduate
    - 5/20/2022
    Rick Rieger  User Photo
    Rick Rieger • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The past 12 weeks have been amazing!  The instructors and staff are all very upbeat and positive, which in my opinion is needed in any learning environment.  The curriculum covers the following and more:
    ·      fundamentals of Python and Java Script
    ·      Database Concepts and SQL
    ·      Object Relational Mapping – ORM
    ·      Django rest API from scratch
    ·      HTML CSS - Copy a website from scratch/ mimic

All of this is a bit much in a short span of time but if you are up for the challenge, it's well worth it!  Keep in mind that your final 2 weeks are spend building a full stack application that you will showcase to the world, hopefully landing a gig.  :)  So it would be advantageous to start thinking about what you want to build early on (something that solves a real world problem and not just another to-do app or recipe app).

The only criticism I have about the course is it's divergence into asp.net and C#:  The time spent on those technologies should be reserved for sharpening the core of the course, and in my opinion that was Django/React.  Also, asp.net does not play nicely with mac computers, so working in a virtual environment added an un-needed layer of complexity.  If I knew in the beginning of the course that having a pc would elevate some headaches, I would purchased one.  All in all, not a terrible experience.

If you choose devCodeCamp, I promise,  you are being welcomed by a great bunch of folks that treat you like family.  My experience there was top-notch,  and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

• Sydney Wilson  User Photo
    Sydney Wilson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Last year at this time I was working as a receptionist looking thinking that I wanted to do something different than that. I looked into programming and thought to myself that it would be something I could really enjoy doing long term. I came across devCodeCamp (DCC) and the Full Stack Development program and decided to invest in my future. As a complete beginner in programming, I was nervous at first going into the class. After the first week of class, and great instruction, I got super comfortable and got even more excited to learn new skills. Fast forward 6 months, having learned Python, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React.js, Django, GitHub, Visual Studio Code, and so much more; I am super excited to start my career as a Developer!

After it was all done, DCC's career services and their talented team of professionals, started to guide me with resume workshops, and LinkedIn building. And on top of all the personal help, they give you getting you ready for the career field, they have the job and talent network to back it up.
  • Graduate
    - 5/12/2022
    Quentin Hicks  User Photo
    Quentin Hicks • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My name is Quentin Hicks. I'm from Tampa, FL. Prior to devCodeCamp's bootcamp I was attending another school in a degree field that I didn't really care about. Found devCodeCamp and never looked back.

The experience is nothing short of amazing. The curriculum was straight to the point with projects that reflect the languages and technologies. I loved it as this was great harmony for my learning style. The instructors were understanding, patient, humorous, and fun. I enjoyed every second learning from them. My classmates were great with a can-do attitude.

Career Services is astounding and has been a tremendous help in getting me work ready when it comes to building up my professional profile on LinkedIn, creating a solid resume, and how to approach posting on social media to attract potential employers.

I learned how to build projects through a variety of languages such as Python (my favorite), HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and React to name a few. I learned the difference between backend and frontend technologies and how to integrate them. It was exciting, and frustrating, for me to build a project from scratch to launch. This incited me to keep pursuing interests in coding/computing/IT and has helped me revamp the way I learn when approching new tech.