devcodecamp-logo

devCodeCamp

Milwaukee

devCodeCamp

devCodeCamp delivers a choice of programs focused on relevant skills and technologies needed in Web and Software Development. The full-time, full-stack 14-week Software Development Bootcamp focuses on the in-demand Microsoft Stack. C#, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Python, JavaScript, and more. The program also covers the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering so there is no need to go it alone online before the program starts. Our part-time, full-stack Web Development Bootcamp teaches the modern MERN Stack. React.js, MongoDB, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript, and more.

From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.

Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (139) reviews for devCodeCamp →

Recent devCodeCamp News

Read all (12) articles about devCodeCamp →
  • Full Time Software Development

LocationMilwaukee
    What does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. We also accept VA Benefits for veterans.
  • Part Time Web Development

LocationMilwaukee
    With devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using modern technologies (MERN FullStack) so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning.
    Skills Fund, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
  • Nick Johnson  User Photo
    Nick Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a face paced course that creates a strong base of understanding of software development. I went in with no knowledge, and after 3 months I can safely say that I am prepared to take on many new challenges regarding new languages.  I appreciate the time that the instructors dedicated to student growth and I feel prepared to enter into the software development work force.
  • Micah de Peiza  User Photo
    Micah de Peiza • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I would like to say that this boot camp was a very pleasant experience. The instructors were very helpful and understanding. Also, the projects were difficult enough to be challenging, yet at the same time, they were straightforward enough to be satisfying to complete. This boot camp was a very good choice to participate in. Ultimately, I felt as if the course taught me a lot.
  • FullStack course
    - 3/15/2021
    Nicholas Terry  User Photo
    Nicholas Terry • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    DevCodeCamp's Fullstack course is a fast paced, information firehose that requires you to be your absolute best from day one. In three months time, you will be creating applications from the ground up. Personally, coming into this program with very little coding experience( I knew what a variable was and some simple console commands), I was worried that I would be overwhelmed by the information the instructors where teaching. Somedays I was and when that did happen the instructors where always there to help. For me, the best part of the course, is that the instructors really do care about helping you learn. Their enthusiasm and dedication to what they do really shined through.
  • Zachary Inkster  User Photo
    Zachary Inkster • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    For all of you with no experience in web development wondering if DCC is the smart choice for you, let me be your spokesperson! I came into this with ZERO coding experience and I couldn't have asked for more than what the instructors delivered. From the very beginning I was impressed with DCC's dedication to their craft. Upon completing the online assessment I was almost immediately contacted about my (albeit not so great) score. The theme of the conversation was that all that matters is your enthusiasm towards problem solving and he was absolutely right! Step forward through the user friendly registration process and my first day as a DCC student and I'm introduced to some of the most professional and personable instructors I have ever met. The quality of care and attention they provided me and other classmates throughout the course was next to none and their passion was evident every step of the way. Now here I am, elated. I am a graduate who can confidently say that I belong in this field and I don't believe I could have done it without them! Take the leap, invest in yourself, and create the future you deserve.
  • Marcus Baumgardner  User Photo
    Marcus Baumgardner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I started dCC  I had only a basic understanding of development concepts, 4 months later as a dCC graduate I feel confident in my skills as a software/web developer.

I had desired to learn software development for a long time, but never felt confident in my skills, and felt that the programs that I was taking were too slow paced. I taken CS courses for a year and a half, and by week 3 of dCC we had already outpaced 3 semesters worth of CS course content. After watching a co-worker go through dCC while I attended UWM, seeing their knowledge of development concepts skyrocket and eventually seeing them land a well paying job in less time than a semester of school took me, I decided that traditional education wasn't the right path for me... But I still wasn't convinced of going to a bootcamp. So I thought I would teach myself coding, that it would be faster than going to traditional school, and I wouldn't have to go through a bootcamp.

However, trying to teach myself coding proved to be a challenge. While teaching myself software and web development all of the information I researched seemed scattered and it felt impossible to build a solid framework for developing my skills as a software developer. I ended up getting frustrated, and learning development skills took a back seat in my life. Then at the end of 2020, with frustrations in my current job I decided to give learning software/web development another shot and joined dCC's web development program and I couldn't be happier with that decision.

Their programs are not for the feint of heart, don't expect an easy time. They are fast paced and if you don't commit yourself to learning the course material I could see it being easy to fall behind. I would recommend going into the program with a decent understanding of programming concepts; variables, loops, if/else statements, etc. Although it's by no means required, I feel it helped me snowball my knowledge with each new concept; it gave me an edge by being able to really spend time learning the current concept we were researching, rather than having to learn it while still struggling with the previous content covered.

The instructors were knowledgeable on the subjects taught, and extremely helpful. If you get stuck on a problem they don't just give you the answers, they helped you find them and guide you toward where you need to go. They gave clear and concise lectures with just enough information to not overwhelm you, but get you started on understanding, researching and implementing a concept.

All in all my experience ad dCC was great, they gave me the tools and support I needed to develop my long desired skills as a software developer. I would recommend anyone looking to become a software developer to the program.
  • Chris Couch  User Photo
    Chris Couch • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the Full Stack Software Developer Course remotely from Oct 2020 to Jan 2021, having no background in coding at all. I found the curriculum very challenging but not impossible to grasp, and the coursework progressed in a manageable way so that I never felt totally overwhelmed. The instructors were also very good about guiding me to solutions and reminding me of skills and techniques covered during instruction without handing me the answers. Covering not just how languages work but also teaching best practices used by professionals. By the end of the course I was able to create my own functional point-of-sale system, again with no coding background. If you can afford the price, it is absolutely worth learning the craft from this institution.
  • Forrest Morrisey  User Photo
    Forrest Morrisey • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Like most people I had some doubts about taking an online program. But I did my research ahead of time and asked around, then took the plunge based on these aspects. devCodeCamp (dCC) has a great track record of graduate success and a post-grad career services program. Like any endeavor, you get out of it what you put into it. If you're serious, work-hard, and put in the extra effort; you will see immediate results. dCC has plenty of support and structure to keep you focused on the projects and to help you when you're stuck. But as I said, it comes down to the effort that you put into it.

I HIGHLY recommend before coming to dCC to study and practice coding and development to get ahead start on the program, the best developers are self-taught, and it will give you a better sense of whether or not software development  is for you. The curriculum serves as introduction and exposure to the concepts of software development. The course teaches concepts with C# / ASP .NET but I was able to transfer those skills and concepts to Javascript technologies with MERN Stack in my final project.
  • Gustavo Sanchez Olea  User Photo
    Gustavo Sanchez Olea • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I can say without a doubt, that not only was I served knowledge by the best instructors I have encountered, they also served me some life changing skills.   You can really tell they want to help you out, and that to me is golden.  I encourage anyone who truly wants to learn to code to give this boot-camp a shot you will learn things the hard way but you will definitely learn them the right way.
  • Sean Gavigan  User Photo
    Sean Gavigan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Without a doubt, devCodeCamp exceeded the high expectations I had when I started the course.  The context was structured in a way that allowed students to quickly learn and apply the material.  Instructor feedback and interaction was quickly available when needed during projects.  Having been previous students themselves, the instructors in a unique position to be able to relate to the struggles and growing pains of the accelerated curriculum.
  • Nicholas Johnson  User Photo
    Nicholas Johnson • Mainframe Apprentice • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The best decision I made in 2020 was to attend dev code camp. If you are willing to work hard and learn new things, this is the right place for you!  The teachers are not only knowledgeable, but  love to teach, and are always approachable. I had next to no prior knowledge of computers before attending this course, but I worked hard and now 4-5 months later I have a new career with plenty of opportunity in my future. If you are willing improve dev code camp is a powerful tool to help you reach your goals.
  • Awesome Camp
    - 8/21/2020
    Chong Vang  User Photo
    Chong Vang • Software Technician • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great project base learning. I was able to get my software job because of this school.
  • Dana K.  User Photo
    Dana K. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

A year before I began the bootcamp, I had graduated with a degree in IT, during my studies I had decided that I wanted to go into software development. However, I had only had one class on Java and trying to teach yourself code and software development while working full time is not a viable plan.

I had been casually looking at DevCodeCamp for about 9 months but was always afraid to pull the trigger and quit my job. When Covid hit and I began feeling unsafe at my current job, I decided it was time. It was by far the best investment I have made.

I’m sure it was a challenge to move from classroom based to a fully online program during this time and replicate the same feel. However, they did a great job of keeping you connected as a class and always feeling like you had the support and help you needed. The instructors were available in an instructor’s chat and if they weren’t able to answer it over chat, they would hop on Zoom to help you solve your problem.

You are immediately immersed in the world of software development from day one. You receive lectures, hands-on training, and develop problem solving skills. From the very beginning you are taught to think like a coder, you are given some information but to complete the projects there is a lot of research and problem solving on your own. You are encouraged to try and solve the problems yourself but are also encouraged and expected to ask questions if you are stuck. It provides you with a lot of real-world experience as you begin to enter your new career.

After graduation, you are provided job hunt resources such as technical interview practice, resume review and much more. As someone new to the field, upon receiving my first request for a technical interview I immediately reached out for some help and Mike T developed a mock technical interview for me. I am happy to report that a month and a half after graduation I received a job offer.

If you are having hesitations, I promise that this program is a great investment that sets you up for success in the future.