From day one, students are taught how to think like software engineers, working on real-world projects in a collaborative environment. The devCodeCamp instructional team brings knowledge and passion as well as patience and empathy. The curriculum was designed with the demands of the market at the forefront, yet their core philosophy is to teach software concepts transferable to any programming language. Both programs also cover job-seeking strategies, personal branding, resumes, and interview workshops.
Recent devCodeCamp Reviews: Rating 4.8
Recent devCodeCamp News
- From the Air Force Band to AWS after devCodeCamp
- 6 Fintech Companies That Hire Bootcampers
- From Marines to devCodeCamp: How Brent Got Back Into Programming
OnlineFull Time325 Hours/week10 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,997 Class size N/A Location MilwaukeeThe Front End Developer Program curriculum is an intensive, short-term program that is intended to completely immerse students in frontend web development. Learn functional programming and object-oriented programming concepts. Utilize problem-solving and critical thinking skills to break down problems and identify potential solutions. Learn to build a front-end web application and make requests to a back-end web server or REST API. Learn front-end libraries and frameworks, proper UI/UX design and implementation, data management within a client-side application. Understand the requirements to be a professional developer while learning professional collaboration and working within a small team of other developers. Gain the needed skills to get a job as a front-end developer.
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingAscent
Minimum Skill Level None required Prep Work pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
OnlineFull Time12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $15,500 Class size N/A Location MilwaukeeWhat does it mean to be a software developer? At devCodeCamp, we believe it means you dream big, want to solve problems and think creatively. We take you through the entire process of making applications that people can use every day. This not only includes the functionality of the software but how do you optimize it to run efficiently and in the manner it was intended. To dive into software development on your own can be overwhelming. There seem to be countless libraries, frameworks, and programming languages. We, at devCodeCamp, simplify the process for you with an easy to understand curriculum and personal lectures and projects. Learn more: http://devcodecamp.com/software-development-bootcamp/ From the start, you will dive into programming languages and tools used by major corporations and tech companies. Our projects harness the fun of coding along with the challenges commonly faced by software developers.
Deposit N/A Financing
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
OnlineFull Time12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $15,500 Class size N/A Location MilwaukeeWith devCodeCamp's Web Development Program you will be learning and using modern technologies (MERN FullStack) so that you can hit the ground running at a company. The majority of your immersive online Bootcamp is project-based learning.
Deposit N/A FinancingSkills Fund, Climb Credit, VA Benefits for veterans
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
146 reviews sorted by:
- Great experience, highly recommended- 9/14/2021Leighton Schmidt • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIndevCodeCamp has been a great experience from instruction to career services. The pace is face and the information is plentiful, but that's to be expected. The instructors do a great job of pushing you to problem-solve instead of giving you the easy way out. You will be challenged and get frustrated, but I believe the teaching style is very effective. The curriculum focuses on today's most relevant technologies to get you job-ready upon completion of the course. At times I wish there were more code demos to confirm you were going about the problem in an effective way, but instructors are always available to answer your individual questions. I am sure the instructors would have been happy to do a demo on any particular project/assignment if the class asked.
As with most learning opportunities in life, how much you get out of it is up to you. The structure, tools, and support are provided for you to take advantage of and get the results you hoped for. If you come in like many of us with no coding experience, you will look back at how much you learned in three months and soon realize how impressive it is. Trust their process and enjoy learning.
Career services thus far have provided more resources and support than I expected coming in, so that's also a plus. Overall, I am happy with my decision to join devCodeCamp and change my career.
- Full Stack Software Development- 4/7/2021Nick Johnson • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInThis is a face paced course that creates a strong base of understanding of software development. I went in with no knowledge, and after 3 months I can safely say that I am prepared to take on many new challenges regarding new languages. I appreciate the time that the instructors dedicated to student growth and I feel prepared to enter into the software development work force.
- Challenging, yet satisfying- 4/7/2021Micah de Peiza • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via GitHubI would like to say that this boot camp was a very pleasant experience. The instructors were very helpful and understanding. Also, the projects were difficult enough to be challenging, yet at the same time, they were straightforward enough to be satisfying to complete. This boot camp was a very good choice to participate in. Ultimately, I felt as if the course taught me a lot.
- FullStack course- 3/15/2021Nicholas Terry • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via GitHubDevCodeCamp's Fullstack course is a fast paced, information firehose that requires you to be your absolute best from day one. In three months time, you will be creating applications from the ground up. Personally, coming into this program with very little coding experience( I knew what a variable was and some simple console commands), I was worried that I would be overwhelmed by the information the instructors where teaching. Somedays I was and when that did happen the instructors where always there to help. For me, the best part of the course, is that the instructors really do care about helping you learn. Their enthusiasm and dedication to what they do really shined through.
- Zachary Inkster • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInFor all of you with no experience in web development wondering if DCC is the smart choice for you, let me be your spokesperson! I came into this with ZERO coding experience and I couldn't have asked for more than what the instructors delivered. From the very beginning I was impressed with DCC's dedication to their craft. Upon completing the online assessment I was almost immediately contacted about my (albeit not so great) score. The theme of the conversation was that all that matters is your enthusiasm towards problem solving and he was absolutely right! Step forward through the user friendly registration process and my first day as a DCC student and I'm introduced to some of the most professional and personable instructors I have ever met. The quality of care and attention they provided me and other classmates throughout the course was next to none and their passion was evident every step of the way. Now here I am, elated. I am a graduate who can confidently say that I belong in this field and I don't believe I could have done it without them! Take the leap, invest in yourself, and create the future you deserve.
- Almost quit learning development after self teaching, devCodeCamp gave me the tools to succeed!- 2/16/2021Marcus Baumgardner • Graduate • Course: Web Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInWhen I started dCC I had only a basic understanding of development concepts, 4 months later as a dCC graduate I feel confident in my skills as a software/web developer.
I had desired to learn software development for a long time, but never felt confident in my skills, and felt that the programs that I was taking were too slow paced. I taken CS courses for a year and a half, and by week 3 of dCC we had already outpaced 3 semesters worth of CS course content. After watching a co-worker go through dCC while I attended UWM, seeing their knowledge of development concepts skyrocket and eventually seeing them land a well paying job in less time than a semester of school took me, I decided that traditional education wasn't the right path for me... But I still wasn't convinced of going to a bootcamp. So I thought I would teach myself coding, that it would be faster than going to traditional school, and I wouldn't have to go through a bootcamp.
However, trying to teach myself coding proved to be a challenge. While teaching myself software and web development all of the information I researched seemed scattered and it felt impossible to build a solid framework for developing my skills as a software developer. I ended up getting frustrated, and learning development skills took a back seat in my life. Then at the end of 2020, with frustrations in my current job I decided to give learning software/web development another shot and joined dCC's web development program and I couldn't be happier with that decision.
Their programs are not for the feint of heart, don't expect an easy time. They are fast paced and if you don't commit yourself to learning the course material I could see it being easy to fall behind. I would recommend going into the program with a decent understanding of programming concepts; variables, loops, if/else statements, etc. Although it's by no means required, I feel it helped me snowball my knowledge with each new concept; it gave me an edge by being able to really spend time learning the current concept we were researching, rather than having to learn it while still struggling with the previous content covered.
The instructors were knowledgeable on the subjects taught, and extremely helpful. If you get stuck on a problem they don't just give you the answers, they helped you find them and guide you toward where you need to go. They gave clear and concise lectures with just enough information to not overwhelm you, but get you started on understanding, researching and implementing a concept.
All in all my experience ad dCC was great, they gave me the tools and support I needed to develop my long desired skills as a software developer. I would recommend anyone looking to become a software developer to the program.
- Full Stack Developer Course- 2/11/2021Chris Couch • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInI took the Full Stack Software Developer Course remotely from Oct 2020 to Jan 2021, having no background in coding at all. I found the curriculum very challenging but not impossible to grasp, and the coursework progressed in a manageable way so that I never felt totally overwhelmed. The instructors were also very good about guiding me to solutions and reminding me of skills and techniques covered during instruction without handing me the answers. Covering not just how languages work but also teaching best practices used by professionals. By the end of the course I was able to create my own functional point-of-sale system, again with no coding background. If you can afford the price, it is absolutely worth learning the craft from this institution.
- Come Prepared, Work Hard- 1/15/2021Forrest Morrisey • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInLike most people I had some doubts about taking an online program. But I did my research ahead of time and asked around, then took the plunge based on these aspects. devCodeCamp (dCC) has a great track record of graduate success and a post-grad career services program. Like any endeavor, you get out of it what you put into it. If you're serious, work-hard, and put in the extra effort; you will see immediate results. dCC has plenty of support and structure to keep you focused on the projects and to help you when you're stuck. But as I said, it comes down to the effort that you put into it.
- Life Changing Boot-Camp- 1/13/2021Gustavo Sanchez Olea • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInI can say without a doubt, that not only was I served knowledge by the best instructors I have encountered, they also served me some life changing skills. You can really tell they want to help you out, and that to me is golden. I encourage anyone who truly wants to learn to code to give this boot-camp a shot you will learn things the hard way but you will definitely learn them the right way.
- Best decision of 2020- 12/4/2020Sean Gavigan • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInWithout a doubt, devCodeCamp exceeded the high expectations I had when I started the course. The context was structured in a way that allowed students to quickly learn and apply the material. Instructor feedback and interaction was quickly available when needed during projects. Having been previous students themselves, the instructors in a unique position to be able to relate to the struggles and growing pains of the accelerated curriculum.
- excellent resource if you are ready for change!!- 8/28/2020Nicholas Johnson • Mainframe Apprentice • Graduate • Course: Full Time Software Development Program • Campus: Milwaukee • Verified via LinkedInThe best decision I made in 2020 was to attend dev code camp. If you are willing to work hard and learn new things, this is the right place for you! The teachers are not only knowledgeable, but love to teach, and are always approachable. I had next to no prior knowledge of computers before attending this course, but I worked hard and now 4-5 months later I have a new career with plenty of opportunity in my future. If you are willing improve dev code camp is a powerful tool to help you reach your goals.
- Awesome Camp- 8/21/2020Chong Vang • Software Technician • Verified via LinkedIn