coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Greensboro

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time virtual bootcamp, or a self-paced online platform. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, .NET, and SQL. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based collaborative learning and provides students with live interactive instruction, and access to instructors and mentors.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs and move on to working with the recruiting partner TEKsystems upon graduation. Students receive mock technical interview training and have access to a network of mentors, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (96) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (19) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • .NET Full Stack Virtual

MVC, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Front End, iOS, MySQL, .NET, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our Virtual Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Meritize
    Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guaranteed Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • BK  User Photo
    BK • .net Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a great boot camp. I had previous development experience. In 12 weeks I've grown immensely as a developer. From the onset, the instructors are very all senior-level developers with years of experience. I loved building the real-life projects that we build in the boot camp. The instructors teach you to leverage your projects in interviews. If you want to become a .net full stack developer. This is the boot camp that you need. I got a job under a week after completing the boot camp.
  • Gianni Morgan  User Photo
    Gianni Morgan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course  is:
    3 month, 5 days a week,
    8 hours a day, plus additional hours spent outside the classroom

You need to be dedicated and TRUST THE PROCESS. You will leave with numerous skills and a portfolio of working applications you can feel confident in. You will also leave feeling confident in your skills. In addition to that the assistance throughout the course is always available and prepared to answer your questions and help through problems.
  • Immersive Learning
    - 7/22/2021
    Shawna Russell  User Photo
    Shawna Russell • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was a complete coding newbie and the immersive learning style really helped me learn.  The 12 weeks were very difficult, but very worth it.  The variety they taught felt overwhelming at the time, but looking at the job descriptions, I see they provided us with the well-rounded skills hiring people are looking for. And due to the reputation Coder Foundry has, I feel more hiring managers are contacting me on LinkedIn which is increasing my job opportunities.
  • Great experience!
    - 7/21/2021
    Stephen S.  User Photo
    Stephen S. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great bootcamp. The projects were incredibly valuable and the way they teach you to leverage them in interviews made a huge difference in my interview process. The staff are all senior-level developers with years of experience, no TAs or recent grads teaching courses. C# and .NET are awesome tools but very complex and I appreciated having skilled developers teaching us how to use them correctly. I HIGHLY recommend coming into this bootcamp with a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript as these are really easy to teach yourself and will allow you to focus more on learning the ins and outs of C#/.NET rather than struggling with the basics. I had self-studied HTML/CSS/JS for about 6 months using some Udemy courses prior to starting and it definitely made my life easier when I got to the bootcamp because having a foundation in JavaScript made it easier to transition to C# and let me focus more on learning how .NET worked. Overall I'd say this is the best bootcamp out there!
  • Josh Casteel  User Photo
    Josh Casteel • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I held off from writing this review until I got my first job. I attended the April-June 2020 cohort. They don't give public rankings but I was told at one point that I was one of the top 2 students of my cohort. The benefits of that were getting to do interview practice with Bobby, the founder. That only happened twice, and instead of doing interview practice every week we skipped it for the last 4-5 weeks.

The good: Jason and Drew were the instructors for the course. They're both very approachable and knowledgable. I learned a lot from them. The portfolio you build is pretty good, if you put in the work. If you fall behind or write crap code that works but is obviously the wrong way of doing it, you won't have time to fix it and the instructors won't have time to hold your hand through the entire process. Which is a good thing in some ways. You won't have someone holding your hand once you get a job, you need to be able to do your own research and meet deadlines. That being said. You need to a moderate amount of knowledge and a lot of extra time to meet the deadlines for coursework. So in the positive, you get a pretty stellar portfolio and learn a lot of relevant information in 12 weeks.

The bad: The biggest problem I had during the course was they let anyone attend. The tests they have you do before accepting you are a complete joke. We had people in the cohort who didn't know what HTML and Javascript were. A decent amount dropped from the course in the first couple weeks but not before severely slowing the class down. By the 4th week we were a full week behind. This continued to be a problem as the coursework gets harder by the day and people who were behind face an increasingly difficult battle of catching up. To put that into context, we started with 25 students and only 12 were at our graduation.

The bad after graduation: Natosha and Mary-Hannah are the recruiters for getting into the bootcamp and they're also the job placement advisors. So basically, they're stretched way too thin to be effective. I'm sure having to choose between recruiting new students which earns revenue and helping alumni find jobs is a pretty easy choice. I had a couple messages never get responded to only to hear back a week later about a job they were presenting me to. After a couple months I knew I was really on my own and put all my efforts into job hunting on my own. Due to Covid-19 it took me 7 months to find a job after graduating. Out of being told I was an amazing candidate and I was being presented to an employer that had hired CF grads in the past a couple dozen times, I heard back from only 1 employer. They ended up hiring one of the weaker candidates in our class, who knew nothing coming in and barely graduated. Their tech stack was about 15 years old so it's probably a blessing I didn't land that position. However, I probably had to apply to about 300 jobs before I found employment. Getting a job as a junior dev is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. Getting flooded with rejection emails takes a toll on your sanity after a while.

Looking back: Coder Foundry definitely helped me but I would not do it again. For the amount of money you pay, you should be getting support from more people. if you decide to attend, I highly recommend knowing moderate levels of logic in at least javascript and being extremely comfortable working in html and css. Also know that regardless of what they tell you, getting a job after graduating is going to be very difficult and they probably won't have time to help you.
  • Beth Olmo  User Photo
    Beth Olmo • Full Stack .Net Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Well written curriculum + skilled, invested instructors = a great experience. Make no mistake, this is a tough 12 weeks. And the last few are the hardest, when mental & physical fatigue has set in and you can see the finish line just out of reach. But I have knowledge and skills now that I could not have imagined just a few months ago. Take the quiz!
  • Kodie Kane  User Photo
    Kodie Kane • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    One of the best decisions someone can make if they're trying to get their foot in a coding environment. Starting the course, I knew nothing about the .Net Framework. Now, I have the knowledge I need to get myself a career in coding.
    Read "Breaking the Code" by Booby Davis Jr.
  • Drew Russell  User Photo
    Drew Russell • Full Stack .NET Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came into the course with passing knowledge of front end web development, but it was nothing near the level of what is taught in the course. This is a boot camp not a laid back college style class. You will be pushed, you will wonder if you're going to make it, and in week 12 I looked back at my week 1 code and wonder how I ever wrote code that rough.

Jason / Antonio (main instructors) and Greg (TA) are both knowledgeable and, more importantly, approachable. In addition to teaching the requirements they also make themselves available to help with any tangents a student might go on.

While there are no group projects or group work collaboration between students is encouraged. Students who are further along are encouraged to assist other students, this both saves instruction time and reinforces the knowledge of the student doing the teaching.

• Ranjana  User Photo
    Ranjana • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started the Bootcamp on september 2019 and by the end of December I could not believe myself the person I turned out to be... A Software Engineer.

• David  User Photo
    David • .NET Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I can't express how amazing this bootcamp is. After having a terrible experience with another program, I felt that I would never be able to successfully pursue this type of career, but Coder Foundry changed that for me. The staff here is so friendly and inviting, and they truly care about your success. Their support goes far beyond just teaching the cirriculum here, as they spend so much time focusing on developing your career and finding placement for you. I wasn't even able to complete the course because they found a position for me! They really went above and beyond to ensure that I got hired. They believe in what they are doing and will push just as hard as you do for your success. I won't lie, it is not an easy feat, and it certainly isn't for everyone, but if you put in the effort and truly dedicate yourself, wonderful things will happen. Coder Foundry can make dreams come true!

• Jim Black  User Photo
    Jim Black Verified via LinkedIn

Antonio was a great instructor for this one-week boot camp on Xamarin Mobile Development.

This was my first experience with CoderFoundry and first Mobile Development training and I was quite impressed.  The instructor is well educated and/or experienced in Xamarin Mobile Development and the surrounding technologies including MVC and WebApi.  The class was all hands on, no lectures and taking notes.  Detail reference material was handed out and was very helpful.  All development projects were real-world sample projects that we worked with and added features to it, expanded it's abilities or tweaked the UI.

As with any leading-edge technology training, we had our fair share of issues that slowed or delayed training, but nothing too serious.  Most of these issues were caused by NuGet package updates that were unplanned since the previous month when this course was taught.  Well, these issues are occurrences in .Net developer’s everyday life and you need to know how to understand or debug the problem, research and update the correct NuGet packages.

Being a seasoned Microsoft .Net developer, I had hoped for more in-depth coverage of Xamarin Forms and all its controls, but to attract a broader range of students with different experience levels, the class also included training/review in WebAPI and SQL to access the data for the mobile app.  Other classes within an hour and a half drive offer the same similar curriculum.  Overall the class covered a good basis to begin Xamarin Mobile development to grow from.

My employer had an existing Xamarin iOS application that I need to take over maintenance and development, Antonio also helped me learn how to configure my Mac and Visual Studio on my laptop to work together.  THIS was a great help.

I would recommend this class to any Mid-Level or Sr. Level developer that is needing to or wanting to expand their development onto mobile devices.