coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Greensboro

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time virtual bootcamp, or a self-paced online platform. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, .NET, and SQL. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based collaborative learning and provides students with live interactive instruction, and access to instructors and mentors.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs and move on to working with the recruiting partner TEKsystems upon graduation. Students receive mock technical interview training and have access to a network of mentors, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.66

all (100) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (19) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • .NET Full Stack Virtual

MVC, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Front End, iOS, MySQL, .NET, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our Virtual Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Meritize
    Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guaranteed Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Software Developer
    - 10/14/2021
    Brandon Stanley  User Photo
    Brandon Stanley • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Really great instructors and staff.  One of the most valuable resources I think they offer is job assistance.  Preparing for a developer interview can feel daunting but Coder Foundry walks with you and teaches you how to prepare and more importantly how to win!  There was a time during my job search I felt discouraged about an interview I had coming up.  I reached out to the instructors and was given a mock interview to help me prepare as well as a much-needed pep talk to boost my confidence. I would recommend it.  Just remember you get what you put in, you won't be successful anywhere if you don't give it your best foot.
  • Kasey Wahl  User Photo
    Kasey Wahl • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Attending Coder Foundry was the best choice I made in 2021. The teaching faculty is second to none, and on more than one occassion, I received help outside of class hours to help me understand a concept that I struggled with. They're absolutely committed to student success in the classroom, and through their partnership with TEKsystems, I've been supported through the job search as well. Coder Foundry's self-paced course, which is available to students in the immersive course, also functions as a great tool for review, which gives Coder Foundry a leg up on other bootcamps.
  • John Murphy  User Photo
    John Murphy • Full Stack .Net Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    So to be transparent I had 9 months of C# experience before Coder Foundry bootcamp when I was learning Game development with C# and Unity game engine and dabbled in WinForms and WPF a little bit as well. So Coder Foundry is a C# and .Net focused bootcamp that focuses on Web Development. Web Dev is alot different than Game Dev or Desktop applications, so if you even if you have alot of C# experience but never tocuhed web you will learn alot. Even with previous knowledge I still learned so much and it was a blessing because I was able to pick up on everything alot quicker and remember it easier as well. I did have to humble myself when part of me wanted to the Instructor's job of teaching or when I wanted to teach my classmates advanced topics that weren't really relevant at the time.

Coder Foundry is a bootcamp so everything is fast paced since there is only 3 months of teaching. The instructors are patient with us as the students and are ok with repeating concepts until we all get it and if one person still struggles they will help that person in a separate room(we used Zoom so breakout room). The way they do things is teach a little and then have you do lab sessions to immediately put to use what you just learned. It may feel like they are wasting all those dollars your paying just to have you figure a bunch of stuff out on your own but honestly it helps cement the information and they are there to help you if you need it, just ask. They teach encourage you to figure stuff out on your own because that's what you'll have to do one day anyways but they guide and point you in the right direction. They are teaching you to be developers instead of teaching you and having you fill a multiple choice test or instead learning a bunch of data structures and algorithms like someone with 4years of college will learn.

Because the teachers are patient with people who are struggling we didn't complete everything in the syllabus, which sucked but was still worth the 15,000 - 18,000 I will be paying one day. They do have a Self-paced course you can purchase access to for a monthly fee if your skeptical. I will say some of the biggest things that helped me in the bootcamp where learning how to debug each others problems. Seeing all the ways I could mess up in the future, the networking with classmates and teachers, being able to ask questions for more understanding instead of just watching a youtube video and trying to figure out the stuff they forgot to mention. And after being mostly isolated for 9 months because Coronavirus and not being in school for many years it got me used to talking to people again and asking questions even if I felt dumb and it got me more comfortable with Zoom which is must have skill after this pandemic we went thru alot of jobs will probably interview with Zoom so it's good to get comfortable with it.

Also ask questions, your paying a lot of money so ask away so you can get understanding. I'm mainly an introvert but I tried to ask questions alot. It also helps people that more introverted than you or scared to ask questions, you will help out the whole class. There were sometimes when the instructors took longer breaks for lunch and that bothered some days because I felt jipped on my education and other days it was great cuz I needed a break. Also as far as job search I feel like they could of done better but they were in a transition period when I joined because there job recruiter just left the company and they now have a new partnership so future classes will benefit(I also benefit from their new partnership it just happened after the bootcamp). Also with job prep I feel like they were lacking. We were supposed to do mandatory mock interviews but we never did them(some classmates did have an opportunity but it a just a few) and I'm the kind of person that needs to be forced to do something like that, if given a choice I will say no. Besides not completing all of the projects they said we would do(just 1 we only half completed) and the lack of job prep Coder Foundry is still a great bootcamp and I would highly recommend it.

If your on the fence take the software developer quiz on their website, that literally made the difference from me being a hobby game dev guy for the rest of my life to becoming a full stack web developer who can make a career change from working in restaurants/bars/factories /warehouses to someone who can code for a living.

• Absolutely great
    - 7/24/2021
    Seth  User Photo
    Seth • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Coder Foundry's bootcamp is excellent.  I learned a ton about web development in their course.  It was quite challenging at times but very worth it.
  • BK  User Photo
    BK • .net Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a great boot camp. I had previous development experience. In 12 weeks I've grown immensely as a developer. From the onset, the instructors are very all senior-level developers with years of experience. I loved building the real-life projects that we build in the boot camp. The instructors teach you to leverage your projects in interviews. If you want to become a .net full stack developer. This is the boot camp that you need. I got a job under a week after completing the boot camp.
  • Gianni Morgan  User Photo
    Gianni Morgan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course  is:
    3 month, 5 days a week,
    8 hours a day, plus additional hours spent outside the classroom

You need to be dedicated and TRUST THE PROCESS. You will leave with numerous skills and a portfolio of working applications you can feel confident in. You will also leave feeling confident in your skills. In addition to that the assistance throughout the course is always available and prepared to answer your questions and help through problems.
  • Immersive Learning
    - 7/22/2021
    Shawna Russell  User Photo
    Shawna Russell • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was a complete coding newbie and the immersive learning style really helped me learn.  The 12 weeks were very difficult, but very worth it.  The variety they taught felt overwhelming at the time, but looking at the job descriptions, I see they provided us with the well-rounded skills hiring people are looking for. And due to the reputation Coder Foundry has, I feel more hiring managers are contacting me on LinkedIn which is increasing my job opportunities.
  • Great experience!
    - 7/21/2021
    Stephen S.  User Photo
    Stephen S. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great bootcamp. The projects were incredibly valuable and the way they teach you to leverage them in interviews made a huge difference in my interview process. The staff are all senior-level developers with years of experience, no TAs or recent grads teaching courses. C# and .NET are awesome tools but very complex and I appreciated having skilled developers teaching us how to use them correctly. I HIGHLY recommend coming into this bootcamp with a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript as these are really easy to teach yourself and will allow you to focus more on learning the ins and outs of C#/.NET rather than struggling with the basics. I had self-studied HTML/CSS/JS for about 6 months using some Udemy courses prior to starting and it definitely made my life easier when I got to the bootcamp because having a foundation in JavaScript made it easier to transition to C# and let me focus more on learning how .NET worked. Overall I'd say this is the best bootcamp out there!
  • Josh Casteel  User Photo
    Josh Casteel • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I held off from writing this review until I got my first job. I attended the April-June 2020 cohort. They don't give public rankings but I was told at one point that I was one of the top 2 students of my cohort. The benefits of that were getting to do interview practice with Bobby, the founder. That only happened twice, and instead of doing interview practice every week we skipped it for the last 4-5 weeks.

The good: Jason and Drew were the instructors for the course. They're both very approachable and knowledgable. I learned a lot from them. The portfolio you build is pretty good, if you put in the work. If you fall behind or write crap code that works but is obviously the wrong way of doing it, you won't have time to fix it and the instructors won't have time to hold your hand through the entire process. Which is a good thing in some ways. You won't have someone holding your hand once you get a job, you need to be able to do your own research and meet deadlines. That being said. You need to a moderate amount of knowledge and a lot of extra time to meet the deadlines for coursework. So in the positive, you get a pretty stellar portfolio and learn a lot of relevant information in 12 weeks.

The bad: The biggest problem I had during the course was they let anyone attend. The tests they have you do before accepting you are a complete joke. We had people in the cohort who didn't know what HTML and Javascript were. A decent amount dropped from the course in the first couple weeks but not before severely slowing the class down. By the 4th week we were a full week behind. This continued to be a problem as the coursework gets harder by the day and people who were behind face an increasingly difficult battle of catching up. To put that into context, we started with 25 students and only 12 were at our graduation.

The bad after graduation: Natosha and Mary-Hannah are the recruiters for getting into the bootcamp and they're also the job placement advisors. So basically, they're stretched way too thin to be effective. I'm sure having to choose between recruiting new students which earns revenue and helping alumni find jobs is a pretty easy choice. I had a couple messages never get responded to only to hear back a week later about a job they were presenting me to. After a couple months I knew I was really on my own and put all my efforts into job hunting on my own. Due to Covid-19 it took me 7 months to find a job after graduating. Out of being told I was an amazing candidate and I was being presented to an employer that had hired CF grads in the past a couple dozen times, I heard back from only 1 employer. They ended up hiring one of the weaker candidates in our class, who knew nothing coming in and barely graduated. Their tech stack was about 15 years old so it's probably a blessing I didn't land that position. However, I probably had to apply to about 300 jobs before I found employment. Getting a job as a junior dev is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. Getting flooded with rejection emails takes a toll on your sanity after a while.

Looking back: Coder Foundry definitely helped me but I would not do it again. For the amount of money you pay, you should be getting support from more people. if you decide to attend, I highly recommend knowing moderate levels of logic in at least javascript and being extremely comfortable working in html and css. Also know that regardless of what they tell you, getting a job after graduating is going to be very difficult and they probably won't have time to help you.
  • Beth Olmo  User Photo
    Beth Olmo • Full Stack .Net Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Well written curriculum + skilled, invested instructors = a great experience. Make no mistake, this is a tough 12 weeks. And the last few are the hardest, when mental & physical fatigue has set in and you can see the finish line just out of reach. But I have knowledge and skills now that I could not have imagined just a few months ago. Take the quiz!
  • Kodie Kane  User Photo
    Kodie Kane • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    One of the best decisions someone can make if they're trying to get their foot in a coding environment. Starting the course, I knew nothing about the .Net Framework. Now, I have the knowledge I need to get myself a career in coding.
    Read "Breaking the Code" by Booby Davis Jr.
  • Drew Russell  User Photo
    Drew Russell • Full Stack .NET Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came into the course with passing knowledge of front end web development, but it was nothing near the level of what is taught in the course. This is a boot camp not a laid back college style class. You will be pushed, you will wonder if you're going to make it, and in week 12 I looked back at my week 1 code and wonder how I ever wrote code that rough.

Jason / Antonio (main instructors) and Greg (TA) are both knowledgeable and, more importantly, approachable. In addition to teaching the requirements they also make themselves available to help with any tangents a student might go on.

While there are no group projects or group work collaboration between students is encouraged. Students who are further along are encouraged to assist other students, this both saves instruction time and reinforces the knowledge of the student doing the teaching.