codeup-logo

Codeup

Dallas, San Antonio

Codeup

Codeup is an immersive 22-week, in-person full stack web development, and data science career accelerator in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. The Full Stack Web Development Java program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Spring, and MySQL. The Data Science Program covers Python, SQL, data visualization, data analytics, data wrangling, and statistics. Codeup guarantees all graduates a job offer within six months of graduation.

Prospective students must submit a brief online application, interview with the Codeup team, and then pass a 40-minute test covering word problems, logic problems, and basic algebra. The application process is looking for three things: professionalism, motivation, and problem-solving ability. The most successful Codeup students are prepared to jump into careers as developers and data scientists, have a true motivation to become developers and enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems.

Codeup has a dedicated staff, employer network, and community partnerships to help students land entry-level positions in software development or data science. Students receive help on the job search through workshops, job fairs, and one-on-one support to navigate the tech industry.

Recent Codeup Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (55) reviews for Codeup →

Recent Codeup News

Read all (10) articles about Codeup →
  • Cyber Cloud

Start Date November 15, 2021
    LocationDallas, San Antonio
    Learn to protect against cyber threats. Wish you could stand up against hackers and other cyber threats? Now more than ever, we need cloud protectors and guardians. You’ll earn industry-recognized certifications and learn the skills needed by top IT employers. This cybersecurity program will focus on cloud computing and Amazon Web Services. No prior experience is required to apply.
    Deposit1,000
    We offer financing through our three loan partners, SkillsFund, Meritize, and Climb.
    ScholarshipWe offer scholarships to women in tech, minorities, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, first responders, and relocators.
    Minimum Skill LevelBackground in a combination of math, stats, programming, business experience, and strong written/verbal communication. Our admissions process will gather a variety of data points to ensure each student will be successful in our program!
    November 15, 2021 - San Antonio Apply by November 14, 2021
  • Data Science

Start Date December 13, 2021
    LocationSan Antonio
    Codeup is an immersive 20-week, in-person full stack web development and data science career accelerator in San Antonio, Texas. ou will turn data into actionable intelligence and influence business decisions using Python, SQL, Machine Learning, data wrangling, data exploration, and data storytelling.
    DepositA $1,000 is required up front to reserve your seat in class, and that cost is deducted from your overall cost of tuition.
    Refund / GuaranteeCodeup guarantees all graduates a job offer within six months of graduation, contact Codeup directly to learn more about their refund program.
    ScholarshipWe offer up to $25,000 in scholarships to each cohort to women in tech, minorities, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, first responders, and relocators.
    December 13, 2021 - San Antonio Apply by December 10, 2021
  • Full-Stack Web Development - Java

JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, Java
    Start Date November 18, 2021
    LocationSan Antonio
    The Full Stack Web Development Java program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Spring, and MySQL. Codeup guarantees all graduates a job offer within six months of graduation. Contact Codeup directly to learn more about their refund program.
    Deposit$1000 (part of total tuition cost)
    Codeup offers a wide variety of financing:
    • VA benefits
    • Financing through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    • Grants through Project Quest, Workforce Solutions Alamo, DARS, and TechWorks
    Scholarship$10,000 in scholarships to Women in Tech. $10,000 in scholarships to Minorities in Tech. $1,000 scholarships to LGBTQIA+, Veterans, Relocators, and First Responders.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge
    Prep WorkOnline pre-work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
    November 18, 2021 - San Antonio Apply by November 11, 2021
  • Full-Stack Web Development - Java

Wordpress, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL
    Start Date December 06, 2021
    LocationDallas
    Deposit$1000 (part of total tuition cost)
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge
    Prep WorkOnline pre-work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
    December 06, 2021 - Dallas Apply by December 03, 2021
  • Systems Engineering

Wordpress, Networking, Linux, Data Structures, CompTIA Network+
    LocationDallas, San Antonio
    Earn industry-recognized certifications and learn skills coveted by top IT employers. Begin with a foundation of Networking and Linux fundamentals and advance to truly understand the building blocks of technology.
    DepositA $1,000 is required upfront to reserve your seat in class, and that cost is deducted from your overall cost of tuition.
    Minimum Skill LevelOur admissions process will gather a variety of data points to ensure each student will be successful in our program!
  • Alicia Gonzalez  User Photo
    Alicia Gonzalez • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before Codeup, I was a home-health, Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant. After a couple of years, I felt overworked and drained. Although, the work was satisfying, I felt I had to start thinking about what else I was good at.

Then, as I was on my way to a patient's home, I found a Codeup billboard near Splashtown, a waterpark in San Antonio, that said “drive to a job you love” and I took it as a sign. I thought, “I want to drive to a job I love!” I had also heard from Codeup from someone I knew that went the Web Development route. She told me how Codeup changed her life for the better and that she was happy she made the transition from her previous career into the one she has now. She answered my questions, helped me through the whole process (application, pre-assessments, prework, scholarships, etc.) and frequently asked me how I was doing in my coursework.

At first, I was a little worried about tuition payment, but once I got started in the application process, they held Zoom meetings where they would talk about all the funding options. They made it really easy and answered all of my concerns. I realized I didn’t have to be scared about the financial aspect. I applied to a couple of grants and was able to get about a third of my tuition covered through the Train for Jobs SA grant from Workforce Solutions Alamo. That really helped me. I also received a few different scholarships from Codeup and the rest of it was a loan from Meritize.

It was difficult leaving something I was comfortable and familiar with to start something new with no data science background, but I’ve have always enjoyed these tech skills. Once we got into the pre-assessment work and then the prework leading up to class, it showed me, “okay this IS what I wanted to be doing.” I really enjoyed it, thought it was fun, and knew this was for me.

Overall, I really enjoyed the program. We were in Zoom the whole time because of the pandemic, but they made it slow, nice, and easy. The instructors are great. Every single instructor helped me at one point or another, teaching things from ground zero and explaining everything really nicely in a way I can understand. They taught us how to learn. They didn’t just give us the work and tell us exactly how to do it.

Now after graduating from Codeup, I’m a Business Intelligence Analyst at Liquid Web. I’ve been here almost three months now and I’m contributing to so many projects. I really feel like a true member of the team. I can figure things out for myself and my bosses are telling me how well I’m doing and how far I’ve come since working here. I didn’t have to ask for help or training, because Codeup prepared me well and taught me how to learn when I run into skills they don’t teach. It’s been really good.

I’m so glad I made this change. It was scary to take that leap of faith, but ultimately, I’m really glad I did. I love my job and I love what I’m doing. If anyone is a little sad or struggling to find their best fit, I recommend looking into Codeup and going through their process. I’m extremely happy where I am right now.

• Just Wow!
    - 11/21/2021
    Desiree McElroy  User Photo
    Desiree McElroy • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Just wow…

So much to say about Codeup! It was a life changing 22 week experience.

I had always had an interest in coding and math. I spent almost a year through the pandemic trying to teach myself Python. I just couldn’t do it. Yes, there are loads of free resources and videos but there was no structure to help hold me accountable. I was eight months pregnant and about to graduate with my BA in Mathematics when I found out I was being laid off from my job.

I took the opportunity to save up money and apply to Codeup. I was able to use what I had left of my GI Bill which helped so much. Codeup also helped me get a grant from the local employment office to help with the cost as well as a scholarship.

I started Codeup shortly after giving birth. To say the idea of attending an immersive coding bootcamp was intimidating and challenging is an understatement. I went from knowing very little about data science and programming to being very comfortable with the entire pipeline and fundamentals of it.

From the admissions process all the way to landing a job, my experience was phenomenal. The school was challenging. I often felt like we were being water hosed with so much information but through the process, I created an amazing camaraderie and friendship with my teachers and classmates. We trusted the process and the curriculum. By the end of the 22 weeks I was surprised at just how much I knew. I was by no means the top of the class and I still had such a great foundation of data science and machine learning as a whole.

I learned all the foundations of data science, programming languages and relevant libraries, statistics and machine learning methodologies etc.. Every day we had a lesson on something new, then group exercises that followed. After the whole section, we either had quizzes, projects to present, or both. We created so many hands on projects that really helped us all learn so much and build up a huge portfolio. The process was a bit nerve racking but it made me so confident in the end.

Searching for a job was both exciting and scary. I had great support from Stephen in applying for jobs and preparing for interviews. In the end I landed my dream position at my number one choice company. I never in a million years would be where I am today without Codeup. There is nothing like the Codeup staff, instructors, curriculum, hands on projects, amazing portfolio, friends and knowledge you come out with.
    Monday, Nov 22 2021
    Desiree, "WOW" right back at ya!!  You're amazing! To have come through all you've accomplished and then be a new mom - AND Codeup!!!??  You're are proof that the program works if you work the program! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and let others know that it might not be easy, but it's life-changing!
  • It's Not Magic...
    - 11/9/2021
    Anna  User Photo
    Anna • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    No, paying the tuition will not suddenly change your life.

To further understand where I'm coming from, let's go back in time to what I was doing before I decided to enroll in Codeup.

I graduated with an MBA 1.5 years earlier than the typical course set up with a nearly perfect GPA. My first job (that I've been working at for over 5 years) was going to be destined to promote me, right? No. However, I think sometime after graduating with my Bachelor's and before the graduate degree, I realized that my 'perfect' and young resume wasn't doing me much good. I felt like I kept going to school to buy time in order to blow off rejection after rejection. So I decided to change the game up and learn how to code. There was no way (in my mind) that I would get rejected after this. I had interest in coding growing up in STEM programs, but I wouldn't be able to sit at computers for prolonged periods of time---until I discovered blue light glasses!

So I enrolled in college again to do computer science the following semester after I graduated, but what I realized was that I didn't really want to redo college and have it not work out again. It's a lot of time to put out of my day when it was becoming more important that I start taking care of my financials. I looked into Codeup because my brother had did the web development program and it inspired me how quick he was able to get a great job through the program.

But if you're interested in web development; then maybe the rest of this review won't be what you will experience. I chose to do the data science program, it's kind of more up my ally. I hope that it will help regardless!

Okay here it goes:
    It is true: you don't need prior coding experience or domain knowledge to do Codeup, it helps, but I didn't even know what data scientists did until after I started the program, I just had a very abstract idea. However, if you think just doing Codeup will land you where you want, then let me tell you: it's not magic. Being accepted is one thing, completing the course is another, but you need to put in the work. It will not magically land you the career of your dreams, and truth is that's where the individuality comes in. How easy or hard it is to land a job depends on personal preference, Codeup doesn't have an arsenal of catered jobs awaiting for you by the time of graduation---they could (depending on the job market) but again, it's not a magic spell that changes your life when you get the certificate. You'll still have to put in the work during the class, while you job hunt, and Codeup provides you with most of the skills you'll need to be in the running.

Here's how the experience was:
    My instructors were great, they really take time to get to know you and will help you with whatever you need. I even reach out to them for help post graduation---and they're still super cheery to go over anything! I've had a lot of teachers/instructors/professors in my life, and the instruction team here is so engaged. They go way above and beyond! If you feel like you're struggling, reach out to them immediately. I don't know how many times I've been frustrated for prolonged periods when they cleared it all up in a couple of minutes once I asked.

The curriculum: use it every day. If you're just getting into tech, just know it grows so fast. Is it every skill you will need? Depends on the company. However, what they are able to teach in the 22 weeks is an amazing foundation. If you need to learn more, it will probably stem from what Codeup teaches you. Unlike college, you'll have access to the curriculum/notes/solutions even after graduation. The projects you do in data science are realistic, you'll probably refer back to them a lot!

The placement team: I don't know too much about all of them, but Stephen will take into account your personal preferences for jobs. He has set me up with valuable connections, and directed me to the position I have now.
    The job seeking process is mostly your own, you have to go out and find what you want to apply for; but when Stephen found me a job that would incorporate my business degrees and my data science education, he sent it to me right away. Again, it's not a magic spell. The Codeup certificate doesn't get you in the door, but it will give you the skills you need to land the job and be in the competition.

You will be challenged, and maybe if you're like me, you'll cry a few times along the way. Upon graduation, I didn't end up getting a promotion with the company I've devoted years of my life to. BUT! I work in a completely new field, life's exciting, I feel valued, and I'm super thrilled. I would have never had this without going through the Data Science program at Codeup.

If you're going to put in the work, and find reward in lifelong learning, then this program is right for you. Nobody will let you fall here.

But once again, do not do this program if you think forking over the tuition is an even exchange for a career in 6 months. The kinds of jobs people land, the salaries, or the amount of time it takes to get one, vary!

Tuesday, Nov 09 2021
    Hello Anna -

This is such great insight and advice for anyone considering a bootcamp-approach for your career change. I hope your tears turned to tears of joy when you realized how amazing you are to accomplish what you've done! It takes grit and desire, mixed with passion and drive!  You did it! YOU put in the work!! Congrats, again!
  • Data Science
    - 11/8/2021
    Matt  User Photo
    Matt • Application Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My review and experiences are limited to the Data Science program, which I attended remotely, in San Antonio.

Codeup is an amazing organization, to say the least. The program is split into two phases :
    • the instruction phase
      • This is the 22-week section that provides the 670+ hours of instruction into SQL, Python, machine learning techniques and models, and so much more. You will be running through the entire data science pipeline (planning, acquisition, preparation, exploration, modeling, delivery) and creating real-world predictive models with actual data.
      • I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of the instructors in this program. They all possess the ability to break down the material into a digestible size, and they empowered us to become the data professionals we are now.
    • the job hunting phase
      • Once the instruction phase is complete, you will be primarily in the hands of the job assistance team. Everyone will have different needs and expectations for this part, so going into specific details is pointless.
      • What I can say is that the job placement coordinator is great at what he does. He is always professional, guides you through searching for opportunities, and provides excellent support for all your job hunting needs.

Getting into Codeup is difficult but if you are accepted it is 100% worth it. With a guarantee like this:
    "This professional development is an ongoing, standard part of our curriculum, and continues even after graduation. Get hired within 6 months of graduating or 100% of your tuition back." The out-of-pocket cost is naturally high but there are a lot of resources to help offset or cover the cost. Veterans can use their GI Bill benefits or Vet Tech to pay for the program along with the monthly BAH stipend, San Antonio Workforce Solutions also has some great programs that can help you financially with the program.

I have already recommended friends to attend this program!
    Tuesday, Nov 09 2021
    Hey Matt - thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.  You just made it through a tough program and YOU graduated!! Nothing about Codeup is "easy." You're right - it's difficult, but you're proof, along with all of our alumni, that it's possible when you really want a change when you want to improve your career possibilities.  Congrats on your new season in life!  We're cheering you on!!
  • Natasha Rivers  User Photo
    Natasha Rivers • Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Going to Codeup was the best decision I could have possibly made. I had no prior experience with computer programming or data science. I chose to leave a successful seven year law enforcement career in order to change my family’s life. I knew that through Codeup’s Data Science program I would be able to start a career with more physical safety, better benefits, likely better pay… all around more piece of mind for my family. I was able to secure a job with an amazing company two weeks before graduation!

It is a tough 22 weeks! You have to put in the work, study, ask questions when you get lost, do not procrastinate… it is difficult BUT it is so very worth it. The admissions process is difficult (for data science) but there are resources to help, especially if you’ve never done data science before (like me). The instructors are amazing. The job placement coordinator works with you to get you jobs that will truly interest you.

I can’t say enough how much I am thankful to Codeup for changing my life! Highly recommend. If you aren’t sure, just call and chat with admissions. It’ll be worth your time!
    Sunday, Oct 31 2021
    Hey Natasha! - You did it!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with others.  It does to a lot of internal drive and determination, and you're proof along with our other grads, that it's possible! Congrats on your new career!!
  • Jeremiah  User Photo
    Jeremiah • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are in San Antonio and looking into learning to code... either learn on your own through YouTube or choose a different boot camp. While you do learn a lot of information here, its not information that isn't already available on the internet for free. They do not care about you or your future career. The instructors are arrogant and condescending, the career placement teams do no research on the positions they just shove you into a position at one of their employer partners even if it has absolutely nothing to do with web development. Sometimes the placement team doesn't even keep their appointments with you and suggest you apply to X amount of job postings per week. Dimitri will post jobs that require Masters degrees and 10+ years of experience in the field in the slack channel in a bootcamp full of jr devs or devs still learning and disrespect you in front of the entire institution when you ask if there are any jobs that are more attainable. The instruction is completely unstable because the turnover rate for the instructors is extremely high. I had 8 instructors and 7 of them quit during my time at codeup. There are students who fail EVERY SINGLE EXAM, but still manage to graduate with you even though their final project is not even complete. The turn over for the placement team is just as high as the instructors turn over. If you ever have a question you could never go back and ask the person who put you in the position because they will have another job shortly after placing you. All in all... I shouldn't have wasted Vettech's money coming to this subpar institution and I hope no one else waste their time or money here either.
    Response From: Kori of Codeup
    Sunday, Oct 31 2021
    Hey Jeremiah - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations, and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.  If you'd like to connect with me directly with any further concerns or feedback please consider doing so.  I'm on the senior leadership team - kori@codeup.com

• Amaro Terrazas  User Photo
    Amaro Terrazas • Software Engineer Associtate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I first saw Codeup at the San Antonio Airport while I was working as a a travel technician for Wind Turbines. That was right around the same time I was beginning to think that I needed a change in my life. I wanted to be closer to home and do something I had a strong interest in, which was computers and technology. After researching Codeup, I found that they had a good record of their students getting hired. I also enrolled into the program because they had “in class” instruction. However, when the pandemic hit, I ended up doing the program 100% virtually and it did not affect my ability to learn. I went through the accelerator course and not only was I taught how to be a full stack web developer, but a Professional Software Engineer. I was taught and given tools to become a successful entry level software engineer, I do see the difference of how well prepared I am compared to others who came from different schools or backgrounds. I feel highly confident with the information and knowledge of coding in my new career at my new company. I highly recommend Codeup, trust the system they have in place. Trust the process, failure is the process. I can genuinely say Codeup is the Standard of Career Accelerators, especially in Software Engineering.

• CodeUp
    - 5/20/2021
    Tylor Pelletier  User Photo
    Tylor Pelletier • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    CodeUp is an amazing boot camp for learning Software Development. They are also great with working with veterans who transition out of the military. As a veteran myself, they made the transition to civilian life seamless. They helped me with everything I needed to get done for the VA as well as help on getting a resume set up. The teachers do a great job of explaining the material as well as going in to further detail if you need it. They also provide extra help outside of class if you are stuck. I came to CodeUp with no prior knowledge of coding or how to use the terminal and they helped me understand a tremendous amount of new information. The hiring manager did an excellent job in getting me prepared for interviews, creating resumes, teaching professionalism, getting me connected to different companies and going to hiring events. He works with a passion to help each person succeed and it shows in his quality work. You can’t ask for a better team when it comes to the team they have there. From just out of the military to hired at USAA before graduation, CodeUp was one of the best investments I ever jumped on.
  • Ryan McCall  User Photo
    Ryan McCall • Public Safety Innovation Specialist • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended Codeup as part of the Curie Cohort for Data Science from Feb 2020 to June 2020. I'm currently working as a Public Safety Innovation Specialist for the City of San Antonio.

First, if you are wondering if you should go to Codeup, short answer, absolutely. You could spend less money elsewhere and take 2 - 5 years to get where you want, or you can make the investment now and be there in 5 months. Easy choice.

A little background on me. I went to college for 3 years to get a Bachelors in Chemistry, but didn't finish the degree. I worked in security for 3 years, all the while slowly learning programming from online resources. It was a hugely inefficient mess. You have to research everything yourself and hope that what you are learning is up to date. If you do spend money, it is for an online certification that only means as much as the projects you have to show for it. You are usually dealing with pre-recorded lectures if there is video material at all. You will have to create a lot of your own projects without a lot of guidance. You will have to figure out how everything is done in the real world on your own by digging through other practitioners' projects. And you will make tons of mistakes along the way without realizing them because you don't have someone to help. All of this, and you have no guarantee that any of this time, money, and stress will ever get you a job.

CODEUP IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED.

You will make more progress in 20 weeks than you could anywhere else. You will have instructors who are creating and adjusting the curriculum based on real interviews with employers and graduated students, so you know the material is up to date. You know the money you are spending is getting you a certificate that has value in actual companies. Your lectures are live and with a small class so you can get help whenever you need it. You will be given real open-ended projects that will prepare you for the real world. You will learn the correct standards for how work is completed so that you can hit the ground running in your new job. You will have instructors and your classmates to help you see your mistakes so that you can correct them quickly before they become bad habits.

All this, and they have the only job guarantee that I have ever seen that isn't dependant on your background and is a full tuition refund. Many other services offer a job guarantee, but when you read the small print they require that you have a bachelor's. You really can't get any better than this.

So honestly, help your future self and get that application in now. You won't regret it.
  • It's Worth It
    - 5/2/2021
    Shay Altshue  User Photo
    Shay Altshue • Data Visualization Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wasn't sure what I wanted to do after leaving the military, but I knew I wanted to do something related to code. I loved the one coding class I took in high school, and throughout my time as an analyst for the Army I could see how code could help improve the work flow around me. I wasn't sure at first if Codeup was worth it to me before I started the class, but now I can safely say Codeup is the reason I'm successful in the tech field today.

I came to Codeup with no skills in python, and zero knowledge of what Data Science tools were out there (excel doesn't count and it knows it). I walked out of Codeup confident in python, and an arsenal of data science tools. Codeup's Data Science course will absolutely turn you into a competent data scientist.

The teachers are fantastic, having designed the course work themselves rather than pulling from textbooks. My experience with the instructors is that they are very engaged with you and will try to get you to be the best that you can be.

Codeup is a fast pace, fast learning environment. The course work is absolutely geared towards experience being greater than theory. You'll have hands on knowledge of the things you're learning very soon after hearing about them for the first time. Something I've seen in the tech world post Codeup is college graduates come into the work force having written papers about the concepts which Codeup students have worked with directly. It's been my experience that a Codeup grad will outclass the vast majority of college graduates who have had under 3-5 years of experience in the field.

After a short period at Codeup, the pandemic hit. Codeup responded rapidly and kept everyone very well updated on how they would respond to the pandemic. Shortly after it became clear CVOID would be a threat to have students stay in the building, Codeup made the decision to move to remote, and the transition from local learning to remote was very smooth. This for me showed that Codeup was committed to keeping our education on track, while ensuring the safety of its students.

My time at Codeup was short, but those 5 months felt like a year of growth, learning, and extreme productivity. If you're wondering if Codeup is worth it, I assure you it is.

• Nick  User Photo
    Nick • Data Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
    Codeup changed my life.

As a single father of three, I saw the ceiling in my (then) current occupation and wanted better for my family.  So in a matter of three weeks, I went from running job sites in construction to sitting at a desk in a room full of people half my age and eager to learn.

The curriculum is rigorous: in five months you go from having only heard of 'The Cloud' to becoming completely proficient working within it.  To say it was 'like drinking water from a firehose' would be a disservice to firehoses, but the staff... oh, man.  The staff is phenomenal.

From top to bottom, the minute you walk into Codeup (or remote in, depending on the situation), you are welcomed as an individual, and not just as a student.  The lectures are practical and straight-forward (hilarious, even) and each professor codes live, so you get to see the coding process first-hand from talented and competent individuals.  They are warm and approachable, and welcome real-time feedback throughout the day.

Yes, the tools you learn are powerful and applicable, but - more importantly - they teach you HOW to learn other languages / programs when you get to your new job.  Since Codeup emphasizes embracing coding mishaps as part of the fun, learning new software and programming languages is much, much easier, and the transition to your new work team is that much faster.

And on the 'job' part: they are sincerely committed to placing you after your graduation from their program.  Before your final project, you are coached on your resume and interview skills, even having mock technical interviews with staff who aren't afraid to ask really tough questions.  Within the first one or two weeks, you are being interviewed by people from both large and small companies who are actually excited to talk to you.  Codeup's reputation is solid, and employers all over the place are waiting for the new crop of grads to take their companies to the next level.

There are other schools out there, sure, but none of them could possibly match the service and commitment of the entire Codeup Team.  Best money I ever spent on my education, and my life is immensely better because of it.
  • Career Accelerator
    - 4/20/2021
    David Wederstrandt  User Photo
    David Wederstrandt • Data Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You have a degree, so now what?
    Endless emails or online job applications with no response?
    What about your resume, does it pass the initial test?

This was my story and it became very frustrating.

I felt like I needed something more, so I started taking self-paced, online courses. Some were ok but when I was stuck, the only form of communication was the online community and help was hit or miss. A lot of times the versions that were used, were different than what I had installed. Basically, to do pretty much anything was a waiting game.

That was when my VR&E rep told me about CodeUp. At first, I was like, ‘not another bootcamp’. But, CodeUp was different for me, for the initial walkthrough to graduation, they were there for you. The staff explains everything about the school and what is expected. CodeUp even has free weekend workshops so you can get a feel for how the course will be, including the instructors.

The instructors, what can be said, they are amazing. They are not there just to show you how it is done, but through real-world projects, ensure you know how to do it. CodeUp is not a paint-by-numbers, challenging but the result is very rewarding.

The projects are ones you will see in your life as a Data Scientist and they are great talking points on your resume. Plus, you individual passion projects you will find yourself doing, will be both rewarding and satisfying.

On top of all of this, the business department works for you like no other. From helping you to create an amazing, eye-catching resumes, to the tireless refers to great job post.

Thank you, CodeUp.

Codeup Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 56 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.