codeup-logo

Codeup

Dallas, San Antonio

Codeup

Codeup is an immersive 20-week, in-person full stack web development, and data science career accelerator in San Antonio and Dallas. The Full Stack Web Development Java program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Spring, and MySQL. The Data Science Program covers Python, SQL, data visualization, data analytics, data wrangling, and statistics. Codeup guarantees all graduates a job offer within six months of graduation.

Prospective students must submit a brief online application, interview with the Codeup team, and then pass a 40-minute test covering word problems, logic problems, and basic algebra. The application process is looking for three things: professionalism, motivation, and problem-solving ability. The most successful Codeup students are prepared to jump into careers as developers and data scientists, have a true motivation to become developers and enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems.

Codeup has a dedicated staff, employer network, and community partnerships to help students land entry-level positions in software development or data science. Students receive help on the job search through workshops, job fairs, and one-on-one support to navigate the tech industry.

Recent Codeup Reviews: Rating 4.54

all (26) reviews for Codeup →

Recent Codeup News

Read all (9) articles about Codeup →
  • Data Science

Start Date June 15, 2020
    LocationSan Antonio
    Codeup is an immersive 20-week, in-person full stack web development and data science career accelerator in San Antonio, Texas. ou will turn data into actionable intelligence and influence business decisions using Python, SQL, Machine Learning, data wrangling, data exploration, and data storytelling.
    DepositA $1,000 is required up front to reserve your seat in class, and that cost is deducted from your overall cost of tuition.
    We offer financing through our two loan partners, SkillsFund and Climb.
    Refund / GuaranteeCodeup guarantees all graduates a job offer within six months of graduation, contact Codeup directly to learn more about their refund program.
    ScholarshipWe offer over $25,000 in scholarships to each cohort to women in tech, minorities, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, first responders, and relocators.
    Minimum Skill LevelBackground in a combination of math, stats, programming, business experience, and strong written/verbal communication. Our admissions process will gather a variety of data points to ensure each student will be successful in our program!
    June 15, 2020 - San Antonio
    November 2, 2020 - San Antonio
  • Full-Stack Web Development - Java

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Java, Front End
    Start Date July 20, 2020
    LocationSan Antonio
    The Full Stack Web Development Java program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Spring, and MySQL. Codeup guarantees all graduates a job offer within six months of graduation. Contact Codeup directly to learn more about their refund program.
    Deposit$1000 (part of total tuition cost)
    Codeup offers a wide variety of financing:
    • VA benefits
    • Financing through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    • Grants through Project Quest, Workforce Solutions Alamo, DARS, and TechWorks
    Scholarship$10,000 in scholarships to Women in Tech. $10,000 in scholarships to Minorities in Tech. $1,000 scholarships to LGBTQIA+, Veterans, Relocators, and First Responders.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge
    Prep WorkOnline pre-work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
    July 20, 2020 - San Antonio
    September 21, 2020 - San Antonio
    November 16, 2020 - San Antonio
  • Full-Stack Web Development - Java

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Front End
    LocationDallas
    Deposit$1000 (part of total tuition cost)
    Codeup offers a wide variety of financing, please contact them directly for more information
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge
    Prep WorkOnline pre-work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

• Matthew Zapata  User Photo
    Matthew Zapata • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Codeup is for people who are looking to change careers into the tech industry. With their well planned curriculum, helpful instructors, and assistance with the job hunt, they really set you up for success. At the time of this review they are also offering a money back guarantee, so that helps relieve the risk of spending time and money if that is a concern.

I personally went into the program with no programming or machine learning experience, but I did have some statistics and basic knowledge of linear models. I would say this was the case for most students, they had some experience but were mostly new to what we would learn. As might be expected, going through a fast paced program (the weeks fly by) was challenging at times, so keep that in mind. This program is not something that most people will just breeze through. Some topics are harder than others so more work will need to done outside of the classroom to ensure you have a good understanding. I believe that the coursework itself lays a good foundation of data science skills so that you can feel comfortable applying to entry level roles and be prepared for interviews. The project portfolio that Codeup helps you build is an amazing thing to have as someone with no work experience. It allows you to showcase your new skills to employers and provides talking points during interviews. It also gives you hands on experience so you can apply what you learn to real data.

Of course, anyone going through this program is doing it so they can have a new job. Codeup's staff is great at helping with the job search. They talk with companies in the area to build interest, occasionally have companies come in to interview students, and have a Data Scientist Day so that employers can see the final group projects and meet with the students afterwards. Admittedly, the Data Science program is still new compared to the Web Development program. While the web dev program is established at this point as a good source of talent, most companies haven't had a chance to see what data science students can do. But don't let that deter you. In addition to the points mentioned above, Codeup also help you create resumes, LinkedIn and GitHub profiles, and get connections in the community. A lot of the interviews I got were from applying online, and I believe I only got those interviews because of my resume, LinkedIn profile, and GitHub repositories. So while a job offer might not immediately come, Codeup provides you good advice to stand out from other applicants and puts you in a good position to find a new job.

Finally, I just want to say that after working as a data analyst for 5 months that Codeup had prepared me well. I haven't yet had a project where I felt I didn't know what to do. I even knew some things that other members of my team didn't know (though that is probably the case for most teams since people tend to specialize in certain areas). In the end, attending Codeup was one of the best choices I ever made. I had been unemployed for several months before Codeup, stuck in the trap of trying to find an entry level job but every entry level job required experience. Before that I was working in a call center trying to get into vet school. Thanks to Codeup I now have a job I love and can afford to live the lifestyle I want.
  • Sarah B  User Photo
    Sarah B • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Okay.. so you want to go to a bootcamp? Choose Codeup!!

Everything about Codeup, from the staff, environment, and it's Full Stack Development curriculum, were great. The course is fast-paced, however you are informed of the course expectations before enrolling, and ensuring the program is a good fit for you. The instructors have great knowledge and do a great job explaining the course material, to ensure students better understand course topics. Instructors are willing to assist in questions and available for office hours, if needed. In this program, you get what you put in, for sure! I did not have any previous knowledge in tech, and learning everything in this course quickly was a challenge, but definitely worth it! Prior to completing the program, you work closely with a Career Placement Advisor, who takes the time to get to know you and ask you about what type of positions and workplace YOU are interested in. Codeup promises that if you can not find a job after completing the course, you get your money back - and there's no catch! They even offer grants, scholarships, and partner with lenders for financial assistance.

Going through the program and, and in my case, having multiple job offers before fully completing my capstone project, shows me that Codeup is 100% serious (and confident!!) about wanting to be able to assist you in changing your life for the better!

• Developer Analyst
    - 1/23/2020
    Lance Crowder  User Photo
    Lance Crowder • Developer Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

.puppeteer-highlight.blue { border: 2px solid blue !important; } .puppeteer-highlight.green { border: 2px solid green !important; } .puppeteer-highlight.red { border: 2px solid red !important; }

I had an amazing time at Codeup!  The instructors and staff are all willing to do everything it takes to make sure you have everything you need to succeed.  When we were doing my capstone project I got an impromptu chance to interview with a giant in the industry, but I wasn't ready.  Jeans, Tshirt, ball cap... NOT ready. One of the Office Staff gave me the shirt off of his actual back so I could sit for that interview, and I got the job!

Codeup doesn't just teach you to code, they teach you how to LEARN to code.  I got hired two weeks before graduation, and after 18 weeks of learning full stack development with Java I started working in a Ruby on Rails shop.  Three weeks after starting I was pushing features to production and end users were using my code.

I recommend Code up in the most emphatic way

• Steven Quintanilla  User Photo
    Steven Quintanilla • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Phenomenal, that is the only word that comes to my mind when I look back at my experience at Codeup. I knew beforehand that Codeup was a reputable school with excellent reviews, but Codeup still far exceeded my expectations by their amazing support, wonderful staff, and their comprehensive curriculum that made my learning experience as smooth as possible. From the very first day till the very last, I knew I was getting the best experience that I could ever ask for from a coding bootcamp. This review will be a bit longwinded, but please give it a read through, so I can help you understand why going to Codeup was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

Curriculum: The curriculum will initially cover some of the basics and foundational knowledge you will need as a Software Developer. As time goes by and as you proceed deeper into the curriculum, you will be introduced to more advanced topics and feel yourself grow as a developer. By the end of the program, you will have the complete skillset you will need to succeed in software development industry. The skills and lessons I learned from Codeup has helped me immensely in my current role as a full-stack developer and couldn’t imagine getting by at my job if I didn’t have the knowledge I gained from Codeup.

Staff: The staff and instructors here will go above and beyond to make sure you not only have a pleasant experience here at Codeup, but will do anything they can to help you succeed. Before the program even started for me, I was able to get excellent assistance in getting grants and funding that I never knew I was even eligible for. And the instructors themselves, are to this day, the best teachers I ever had the pleasure to learn from. They did an amazing job introducing and breaking down advanced concepts that seemed intimidating at first, but made them a breeze to learn through. The staff here is one of the finer points here at Codeup and should serve as an example on what every coding bootcamp should strive for.

Job Assistance: This is, of course, the most important topic when it comes to coding bootcamps. This is what makes and breaks decisions for a lot of people when they decide whether or not they will attend a specific coding bootcamp. For anyone that is reading this, please know that if you do decide to go to Codeup, you will receive the best job assistance you could ever ask for and that you are in good hands. The Codeup staff that handles job assistance will do everything they can to make sure to not only land you a job in tech, but land a job that you will feel the most comfortable with moving forward. During the program, we went through mock interviews, resume improvement workshops, and had interviews setup for us to various tech companies. By the end of the program, I accepted a job offer a week after graduating and was placed into a career that I never felt happier working in.

It’s hard to believe that it’s already been almost a year since I graduated from Codeup. Not only was the program a wonderful experience, but it was start of my journey as a Software Developer. I will never forget all the great moments I had in Codeup, and my only regret is that I didn’t come into this program sooner than I did. I hope this review gave you a glimpse on how Codeup can impact your life, because it made a huge difference in mine. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and thank you to everyone at the Codeup team for giving me the best learning experience I could ever ask for. It’s been a pleasure, truly

• Highly Recommend
    - 12/31/2019
    Ryan Smith  User Photo
    Ryan Smith • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

6 months ago I was a security contractor overseas in a comletely unrelated profession, military background and zero experience in tech. I never did well in any math or science related classes in school.

Today, I'm a newly hired software developer at a major company. Without Codeup, it would have taken me years to learn the skills necessary to land a job as an entry level developer somewhere. Or years working at a company before I could slide over into a developer position.

They don't just hand out certificates to everyone for attending. Coming from a military background as well as serving as a missionary in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Colombia, I can safely say this is one of the more difficult things I have done.

That's how you know Codeup is the real deal. They expect you to give everything you have and in return the staff gives back everything they have. If you want a piece of paper, or a certificate for attendance. Go somewhere else. If you want the actual hard skills, confidence and knowledge to go get a real job in the field you trained in. Codeup is the easy choice.

Long after other boot camps fad away after a couple of years, Codeup will still be here changing peoples lives and actively involved in the tech community.
  • Lexi Morgan  User Photo
    Lexi Morgan • Full Stack Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I researched coding bootcamps off and on for about 3 years before I finally decided to apply to Codeup. After applying, I attended one of the Learn To Code Workshops to get an idea of what Codeup was about. Ryan Orsinger taught the workshop, and his passion and knowledge of everything code is what convinced me that this was absolutely the right choice. It was very important to me that if I was going to pay for a bootcamp it had to have high quality instructors, curriculum, and job placement, and Codeup delivered. Codeup's website has a ton of information on the languages they teach, application process, coding workshops, and FAQ's so I won't repeat that here. This is my attempt to share the information I would've found useful when I was applying to Codeup.

Community: On the first day, we received a membership to Geekdom and Tech Bloc, so you immediately feel like you're part of the tech community.

Curriculum: I had no experience coding before Codeup. The curriculum is challenging, but that's exactly what I wanted. The instructors are very supportive, but they won't just give you the answers. They push you to figure it out on your own, make sure you're on the right track, and provide hints when you're stuck. The instructors are great and will do everything they can to make sure you succeed, but you have to put in the work. Programming takes practice, and no one can do that for you. You have to want to learn and want to grow in order to succeed in this class. It is very fast paced, and it is important that you do this bootcamp at a time that you're prepared for that. One of the most important things they teach you is how to learn new languages. My job requires me to learn new languages and frameworks frequently, and I'm never overwhelmed by it because Codeup prepared me for this. Class is a mixture of lecture, assignments, projects (some individual, some in groups), quizzes and tests. I believe my cohort started with 25 students and ended with 20.

Job Placement:  Stephen Salas is excellent at job placement. He helped us write resumes, update LinkedIn, and set up interviews. We all went through 2 practice technical interviews with instructors, and received feedback. I received two offers before graduation, one of which I accepted and am happily working at today. About half of my class was placed before graduation, and the rest within the following weeks. A lot of employers attended our demo day, and there is a lot of opportunity to set up interviews during the networking session afterwards. You will get a job.

Salary: The average salary for entry-level developers in San Antonio is $50,000, but the range of salaries for my class went well above that. Most of my class accepted jobs in San Antonio and Dallas. Before attending Codeup I was a teacher, and I was able to double my salary.

Conclusion: Codeup is worth every penny. I enjoyed every minute of it, and it is by far the best thing I have ever done for my career. I highly recommend going to a learn to code workshop and reading all off the FAQ's on the website.

• chris  User Photo
    chris • Cloud Solution Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

TLDR – No brainer for veterans using the GI Bill or Vocational Rehab.

Personal Outcome – Hired with major tech organization.

Cohort Outcome – 23/28 Graduated, 21/23 placed within 8 weeks of graduation.

I told myself that I wouldn’t write a review until I was employed and working. I didn’t want “honeymoon haze” to have an effect of skewing my thoughts on the experience as a whole.

If you are reading this to decide if it’s worth your time or money, that depends on your personal financial situation. For a military veteran using the GI Bill or Vocational Rehab, it is absolutely worth every cent. Mostly because you’ll get paid to attend class and learn a skill worth having. If you’re paying out of pocket or through loans, that can be a much trickier proposition.

Do not be fooled by the ridiculous starting salaries advertised by other boot camps.  Those amounts easily equate to the average of ~$55k San Antonio offers. The primary reason for this is cost of living adjustment. So, if you think you’re going to make $80-$100k fresh out of Codeup with no prior experience or college degree, think again. In fact, due to the enormous talent pool of qualified candidates and limited number of positions, not having a college degree (regardless of field) can really hurt you in the San Antonio market. You have much less in the way of bargaining and have to consider the idea of taking a much lower than desired salary just to get the coveted experience companies crave.

Engagement beyond graduation is more than you could ask for and also worth the investment. Follow-on cohorts may have a different experience, but my review is based off working with Stephen who was in charge of employer relations. On top of the volunteer opportunities, job fairs, workshops, and meetups, additional interviews were also coordinated by Stephen. He did everything in his power to find opportunities with employers. In total, I had 8 phone interviews and 5 in-person interviews. Out of the 5, I received offers from 2. I might’ve been able to secure an additional 2 offers, but my interviewing/negotiating skills were rusty and poorly researched (see above about salary expectations).

The instructors at Codeup are the main reason to choose a structured approach versus self-taught. Having access to someone intimately familiar with the curriculum whenever you need pays dividends when trying to grasp tricky concepts. The instructors almost make you believe they are wizards with special membership rings that give them coding powers. But with that being said, it is important to curb your expectations. The instructors are experts on the curriculum they teach and their individual expertise outside of the curriculum. This means that trying to test them with obscure coding challenges that have zero relevance to the real world is utterly pointless. This leads into the curriculum.

The curriculum is relatively up to date given the breakneck speed development moves. You will learn HTML, CSS, JS (ES5 and ES6), Java 8, Spring, MySQL, and a little bit of Bash. You will learn just enough of each of these to be dangerous, but not even close to mastery. You will find yourself asking why you’re using x framework, or y library, but the truth is, just do it. Development is complex enough as is, you don’t need to try to reinvent the wheel just to say that your project uses no libraries. As the projects get more difficult, no one gives a shit if you use jquery or lodash or bootstrap or whatever to make your project. As long as the final product is functional, feature complete, and relatively bug free, use whatever you can to save yourself time!

With all of that being said, manage your expectations. Special wizard rings are not issued upon graduation. You will spend 4 months learning many dialects of many languages. Equate that to learning French, German, Arabic, Spanish, and Japanese in 4 months. Your level of mastery will be reflected in much the same way. You will gravitate towards one more than the other, and become more proficient the more you use it. At the end of the day, Codeup was well worth it for me and several of my cohort mates would agree.

• B • Software Developer • Graduate

I attended this bootcamp instead of returnig to university to finish a second degree in computer science and really regretted the desciion. I paid 18k and honestly recieved the worst education. Like somone else said they are nice people but they did a horeendous job. I would say everyone left the bootcamp scammed and ridicuously unprepared for the field. I worked hard and decided to teach myself everything from the ground up using free sources throughout the internet and man did I learn more doing that than my entire 4 months at codeup. They are just trying to make money off people trying to make a career change. Also I can see somone else in the reviews shared the same experience. Most of the time the instructors just told you to figure it out on your own and refesued to actually teach. Also I can't beleive they now charge students $27,500.00 for their program.

My advice: JUST GOT TO BACK TO UNIVERSITY OR TEACH YOURSELF via YOUTUBE AND OTHER FREE SOURCES

Final note: I think Codeup should be investigated because they are definiely lying about the numbers they report.  They also fight anyone that tries to express their doscontent with the program and buries their attemps to do so.

• Life Altering
    - 12/15/2019
    Stephanie • Associate Data Engineer • Graduate

Reviewer Context:

Demographics: I am a female between 18-30 years old. I was hired about a month before Codeup even ended as an associate data engineer. It's been a year since then, and I am still with the same company.

Experience before Codeup: I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology. I did a year of Comp Sci classes at university before I dropped out to go to Codeup. Before Codeup I was an Assistant Manager at a major clothing brand.

Cost: I only had to pay the deposit of ~$1000-$1500. The rest was covered by a city grant and a 'women in tech' scholarship.

Life-changing. I can confidently say that Codeup did more for me than years of the university did. I was reluctant at first until I looked up their job placement statistics. 87%! Numbers don't lie. It is a risk for sure, but the incredible payoff is worth it. I would not be at my current job if not for Codeup.

You're taught by several different instructors throughout the course. It's nice because if you don't vibe with one instructor, it won't be forever.

It's not for you if you expect the instructors to give you all the answers. You wouldn't expect your manager to give you all the answers!

The curriculum is something that anyone can learn on their own. The difference is that Codeup provides structure and context. The level of difficulty depends on your prior experience. It is quite intense, with a fast learning pace. With dedication, anyone can do it. There are student-led study sessions and instructor-provided tutoring. Codeup is very good at teaching you the most important aspects of a language or technology and leaving the rest up to you. They give you a great learning foundation and you learn HOW to learn. As a developer, you never stop learning, so this is a great skill to have!

The job assistance is extensive and extremely helpful. This is the best part of Codeup in my opinion. There is job placement staff that assist you throughout the process. Your resume is viewed and critiqued several times. You will have mock interviews. You will design your own personal website. Your LinkedIn will be critiqued.

• Natalie • Assistant Development Manager • Student

I had a great experience with Codeup and shortly after graduating, I had a job offer.  I think the staff really cares about making their students happy and are always trying find new ways to make the program better.

I would say that the program is what you make of it.  If you go in with a serious mindset and code on the weekends and the evenings, you'll get a lot out of it.  I can't say the same for some of the my fellow classmates - a few of them just did enough to get by.

Also, I must also mention that I already have a degree and a background in technology so I looked at Codeup as a way to add to my skillset.  It's a great program but won't replace a degree.  Overall, I had a really great experience and learned a lot.  I'd recommend it to anyone looking to make some changes in their career.

Unfortunately I don't recommend program to anyone. I had high hopes going in but finished disappointed. Curriculum and class time very disorganized. Most of the time they asked you to figure it out on your own. They don't know how to teach and the assignments don't build on each other. You leave class with a weak foundation and a bare bones portfolio. I've learned more from videos on the internet than at Codeup. Also they pay students for reviews. So watch out. They are closer to a technology frat than an educational institution, since they are better at networking and parties than teaching. All the instructors and staff are wonderful people so no hard feelings. I just think skeptical people should know the truth.  It was the only bootcamp in town up until this year so take a look at the other options.

• Totally worth it!
    - 2/17/2016
    Sakib Shaikh • Web Developer • Student

Codeup is definitely worth the time and money. The staff really cares about its students, and are always looking to help.

It is a great place to network because Codeup and Geekdom are the centers of gravitation for the San Antonio tech scene.

If you want to learn about Coding, and Tech, Codeup is where to begin.

Covered HTML, CSS in the first few classes and spent a majority of time learning Javascript. APIs, PhP and builders like WordPress were touched on. Overall the instructors were very helpful along with the staff. The class was fairly small making it easier to get your questions answered and have a bit of one on one time. They did their best to make the dullest of topics fun and interesting. It was well worth the cost for anyone trying to break into coding services.

• Don't Hesitate
    - 8/23/2015

If you are contemplating going to Codeup, don't hesitate.  Great course material and knowledgable instructors make for great outcomes.  Be prepared to work hard and come out prepared for a career change!

• Margaret • Student

I went there after being unhappy and unfulfilled in my current situation. I went there during their Oct 2014 course. It was a great decision. A strong curriculum is provided, ample of time to study and stay after class to concentrate on your work or just do additional studying. It can seem a bit like being in college studying hard with a side of socializing. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a career change or just want to seriously learn the skills for web development

• Ryan Dinesman • SAP Software Engineer

I spent a few years as a computer science major, and I have to say that I learned more practical skills in Codeup than I did in school.

The instuctors are very thorough and helpful, and legitimately love their job. And best of all, within days of completion, I was getting interviews.

If you are planning on doing Codeup, and have some coding experience, you might find some of the earlier sections slow. However, the instructors will be more than happy to point you to extra exercises.

10/10, would definitely do again.

• Life-Changing!
    - 6/30/2015
    Jamie Haskell • PHP Software Engineer • Graduate

I have been told by several Computer Science majors that I learned more in 16 weeks than they did in 2 years of university course work!

I chose Codeup out of all the bootcamps in the country because they felt like an actual school - not a for-profit business - who honestly cared about my education and ability to effectively enter the programming career field. The instructors are incredibly dedicated to their students and are constantly improving the curriculum to cater to their students' and the markets' needs. And everyone involved in the program has such strong connections in the tech community that finding potential employers was incredibly easy; I had 2 job offers within a week of graduating, simply because they knew the program and respected and trusted those involved!

I was very hesitant to change careers at first, but this has been a life-changing experience and I have absolutely no regrets. This was 100% the right decision.

• Mike Villarreal • Web Developer • Graduate

I will describe Codeup as an awesome experience. The instructors are brilliant, and the flow of the program was really great. There are also great social events in and around the school you can attend.
    I would highly recommend the program if you are serious about learning and have the discipline to stick through it. For anyone thinking of changing careers, it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

• Brandon Beidel • Software Developer • Graduate

After years working as a business analyst for a software company, going back and learning the skills to go from 'Hey this is what we should make' to 'Hey this is a good idea lets start putting it together' is one of the most empowering things I've ever had the opportunity to do.   The work is not easy, but neither is the profession if you want to do it well.   I've been working as a full time developer for well over a year now and don't regret the decision.  Codeup had phenomenal instructors, a concentrated curriculum, and an intense program to help separate the wheat from the chaff.  I would do it all over again with little hesitation.

• Jaime Velasco • Front End Web Developer • Graduate

Graduated from Codeup a bit over a year ago, I had little experience in Web Development and wouldn's have dared applying for a job in the industry. During the course we learned a lot about writing code, but most importantly, Codeup taught us how to learn on our own. To this day I still check my notes from class. The course itself was challenging and covered a whole lot.

Everyone at Codeup has been extremely helpful, the instructors were always open and insightful, not just dropping the answer but helping me find it myself. Codeup has become a community that I'm happy to belong to. They have made it clear that they are still there for me, in case I need help with some code or if I want to explore other job opportunities.  That means a lot to me!

I have nothing but good memories from Codeup. Recommended 100%.

• Worth every penny
    - 4/10/2015
    Paul • Graduate

I was on the fence about attending a bootcamp and I couldn't be happier with choosing Codeup. Codeup was a fantastic experience. They do a great job of keeping the classes small and filled with smart people with very diverse backgrounds.

The staff is amazing and does a great job of creating a positive atmosphere. Teachers and T.A.'s were always available and very knowledgable.  They don't just teach you how to code here. They really lay out the groundwork on how to network, and be part of your local developers community. The lunchtime speakers and Meetups after class were always fun to take advantage of. I met a lot of great people and made as many friends.

You will be pushed to learn a lot in a short amount of time. You have to be willing to put in the work to get anything out of this course!
  • Paul Kuzma

Codeup was an excellent experience.  The work is intense, but very rewarding and does a marvelous job preparing you to become a web developer.  I have a friend who is a 10-year software developer, and after looking at my portfolio, he told me that I am on the same level he was as a programmer after two years of self-teaching.

• Great Class!
    - 2/5/2015
    Donovan Becker • Web Developer • Graduate

I really enjoyed the environment and the intense pace. The teachers were all great and dependable. We covered many topics in a short period, but I never really felt too rushed.

• Liz Cole • Graduate

I came to Codeup knowing absolutely zero code, and left so excited to continue learning. They not only teach you the fundamentals of coding, but connect you with people who want to hire you. I found a job a week after leaving Codeup to work for an awesome startup. Codeup has an awesome staff that is fully behind you and your success. They have successfully created an awesome learning atmosphere that creates a great network going into the coding world.

Codeup Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 56 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 2% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read CodeUp's full CIRR Jobs Report here.