wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps based in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on JavaScript, HTML, Rails, jQuery, Ruby, CSS, and React.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, jQuery, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 750+ graduates and 350+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.7

all (259) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (32) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    Start Date January 22, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    Available through Climb Credit
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    January 22, 2020 - Miami Apply by January 20, 2020
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    Financing available through Climb Credit
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit & Skills Fund

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Financing available through our partners at Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020

• Davin Harding  User Photo
    Davin Harding • Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I want to preface this by saying that I intentionally waited a year after graduating to write this review.  I chose to do this because I wanted to share perspective on not only the job search process, but also my time at my new position and how I have fared being brand new to the technology industry.

Back Story (if you care lol)

Prior to Wyncode I only dabbled in JavaScript, working about halfway through what I later learned was a very poor intro to JS online class that I bought for $10.  I had thought about getting into technology and software development for years, but it never seemed feasible with coding bootcamps being expensive and out of state.  Then a friend of mine told me about Wyncode in Miami and I was intrigued.  I filled out some preliminary info online and then, to be honest, sort of forgot about it.  A few weeks later I am on the beach and I get a call from a number I don't know.  Now normally I never answer these types of calls but for some reason that day I did.  Crazy enough it was Maria, one of the admissions officers at Wyncode.  We had a very genuine conversation where I didn't once feel like I was being pushed or sold.  Instead I was invited to a free Intro to JS class where I could meet other people like me, instructors and the Founders of Wyncode.  Long story short I went and was blown away with the space, the people and the overall energy.  I started to believe this was possible.  After that things started falling into place one after another and within a couple months of that phone call I was registered to start class in the summer.

The Actual Review

If I had to sum up the reasons why I attended/primary benefits of attending Wyncode it would be three things: Mentorship, Network and Resource Curation.

If you talk to anyone that is successful I can guarantee you that they will tell you they would not be where they are today without one or more Mentors.  This is especially true with software development.  You need someone who has gone before and done what you are trying to do.  They can show you the way, encourage you when you struggle and most of all be living proof that the insane thing that you are trying to do is actually possible.  This is something that is incredibly difficult to find on your own, especially if you have little to no ties to the technology industry.  I found this in the instructors, TA's, graduates and even other classmates at Wyncode.  If you are willing to seek them out there are an abundance of mentors ready and willing to help you on your path.

When it comes to finding a job, Network is absoutely imperative.  Wyncode achieves this in many ways, obviously the group of people I mentioned as mentors, but in addition to that you are exposed to countless events, conferences, interviews and of course Wynwork.  Wynwork is headed up by a few Wyncode employees and is a network of employers and graduates who all work together to help provide you with resources and leads to find a job once you have employable skills.  I am here to tell you that without a Network, or taking advantage of said Network, you WILL NOT find a job.

And lastly, resource curation.  This one is huge.  If you read my intro you know that I attempted to learn JS prior to Wyncode.  It didn't go so well.  Let's be clear, everything you can and will learn at Wyncode you can find for free on the internet.  The issue is that as a total noob you have no idea whether the material you find is the most organized, efficient, informative and/or up to date.  How would you be able to know?  This is where the Wynfam comes in.  They have gone before, successfully pushed through hundreds of people through their currciculum.  They know what you need to know, the best way of teaching it and constantly refine and update to stay on top of trends.  This alone is worth the price of tuition!  It will accelerate your learning at least 5x.

For these three reasons I can honestly tell you as I sit here at the desk of my well compensated, multi perk job that Wyncode is worth the price of admission and then some.  It WILL NOT be easy.  On the contrary, going through this program was probably the hardest thing I have ever done.  But it was something that I thought a lot about and felt deeply was true to my passion.  And so even though I spent 12 hours a day 6 days a week coding for 10 weeks, I never once resented it.  Instead I absolutely cherished every moment, even staying at Wynbase until 2am on a Friday night by myself to finish an assignment.  When you know you are on the right path you can do anything.

The Job Search

The job search support and resources that Wyncode provides are excellent but only if you take advantage of them.  You might think that getting through the course is the hard part but its actually after that really counts.  My best advice is to be a yes man/woman.  Attend every event that Wyncode provides for the job search process and pursue every lead, every connection to a fault.  If you want to get the most out of your experience you have to be absolutlely ruthless and never let up for a second.  The week after my graduation I attended networking events every night.  I pursued every possible lead I could find.  I can say that I was incredibly lucky to have a lead from a very close friend with an amazing company that gave me an initial phone interview within two weeks after graduating.  After the phone screen I was invited to an in person interview that was 4 hours long and received a job offer the same day.  I waited a few weeks to see some other opportunities through but eventually accepted that offer as it checked all of my boxes.  I will admit that I was extremely lucky to accept a job offer within 5-6 weeks of graduation.  While this is certainly not the norm, it is definitely possible.  The biggest piece of advice I can give is to leverage your network, especially any long standing relationships if at all possible.  I'm talking about close friends or at least people that you were close with at one time. These are the people that are most likely to go to bat for you and therefore increase your chances of making it through the entire interview process.  While it is definitely possible to get a job without leveraging network, it is definitely more difficult and will probably take longer.

The Job

I now work as an IT Consultant with a Software Engineering focus.  I split my time 75/25 with software engineering and client engagement.  While a lot of the skills I picked up have been put to use here, the most important thing I learned is the "get it done"/"growth" mentality.  The idea that anything is possible with the proper mindset and self application.  At my job we are constantly faced with a myriad of challenges and Wyncode definitely helped me to learn that I can solve any problem if I apply myself enough.  It is a skill that I will take with me for the rest of my life.  If the only thing you get from this program is that, you've won. In that regard I can truthfully say that this program more than adequately prepared me for the real world.

Conclusion

While I could go on longer about the cold brew on tap, modern facilities and prime location in the heart of Wynwood, at this point if you are still reading this then I think you already have made your mind up.  Make the phone call, submit your info online, do whatever it takes and take the plunge!  I promise you won't regret it and possibly you might end up changing your life!  I know I did!!

• Meade  User Photo
    Meade • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I came to Wyncode to learn the basics of UX/UI Design and I'm leaving with a solid grounding the methodologies, princes and best practices of digital product design and mastery of the software designers use including Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Overflow, Whimsical, Keynote and Google forms. What was unexpected was the level and amount of collaboration we would do with the Full Stack Web Development cohort. Over the course of 10 weeks, we worked with WebDev students on multiple projects, gaining invaluable experience for our future careers, for designers to work seamlessly with developers (always a goal) they need to know how to communicate with them, how to build collaborative teams where everything is working towards a common goal.

One of the things I didn't expect when I came to Wyncode was how relevant my previous experience would be, I jumped into the program hoping that my academic and work history would help me but I was delighted to find that 7 years of working in coffee shops, restaurants and hotels taught me to see things from the customers perspective, to empathize with them, it turns out this directly translates into User-Centered Design. Working in software sales taught me how to talk to developers and how to brake complicated information down into manageable bits for the customer, this experience helped me learn to design websites and mobile apps that presented information in manageable pieces for the customer and gave me the ability to explain to the developers on our team how the product should work.

I didn't need the experience I had when I started this program but I love that jobs I thought of as totally unrelated proved to be an asset to me as a product designer.

• Recent Grad
    Edwin  User Photo
    Edwin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great time learning in this program. I was exposed briefly to coding prior to the course and I feel confident in the skills I learned in just 10 weeks. The course was hard to say the least but It builds good work ethic especially for the self discipline required after the course is over. The relationships built between other classmate was unexpected and immeasurable.

• Johan Gace  User Photo
    Johan Gace • Web Dev Intern • Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Wyncode a few months after my college graduation and I am convinced that Wynocode was the most valuable educational experience in my life.

The founders Johanna and Juha deeply care about the students and they have created a diverse and highly engaging learning community that is transforming Miami's tech scene. The addmissions director Francis and the program manager Bria are commited to help the students succeed. The instructor Andy, is an expert in Web Development and an amazing teacher. The TAs are supportive and willing to help. After 10 weeks of learning we are being offered  Job Support . Milad and Beto follow up with the students and they are great resources for finding a job. I already have an internship lined up through their Future leaders Fellowship program which is an amazing opportunity.

Becoming a coder is a challenge but you will be provided the tools for succes and at the end of the day  a student will get what they put in the program. Every student in the program is eager to really learn the craft and we pushed each other to build great apps. This bootcamp is for whoever who is willing to challenge themselves and start a new career.

• Life-changing
    Soph  User Photo
    Soph • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Unique and challenging educational exprience, can't imagine having learned all of these skills any other way. The staff, the TAs, the instructors - all brilliant humans. I've gained a new, irreplaceable family, and have been forever changed by my decision to come to Wyncode.

• Josh  User Photo
    Josh • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This was easily one of the best decisions I have ever made. Being a recent IT graduate I knew a lot of programming theory and learned some programming but the experience, projects, and mentorship goes above and beyond to set you up for real world in the tech industry. The technology stack(html, css, javascript, react,ruby) is great and very current in the market today. They also have daily and weekend breakout sessions to teach new and different technolgies such as react hooks. There is not enough I can say that could represent how amazing the experience is here. By the way, this experience goes well beyond the end of the course. Last thing I want to note is that this is the only Tech Bootcamp to accept the GI bill and have a ton of scholarship opportunities for women. No mater what your background is you can become a webdeveloper.

• Full Stack Student
    Tushar Poojara  User Photo
    Tushar Poojara • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Coding bootcamps are terrifying, you are going in with very little information and experience and hoping to end the course with the knowledge to get a job.  It's fast paced and at times lots of dense information coming at you.  Wyncode does an amazing job with the TAs and Instructors helping you out when you get stuck and not always giving you the answer, but guiding you to the answer.  They have job support for the Full Stack program and I consider the rest of my cohort (classmates) as family.

• Jajuan X  User Photo
    Jajuan X • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I learned so much here in 10 weeks here. This course gave me the confidence I needed to jump into the tech field! I went to another boot camp as well, and this one was the best. The're also aiding in job placement! Absolutely the best!

• Raidis  User Photo
    Raidis • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Enter to the Web developer full stack Bootcamp was a blast. I came here with some expectations, but their all were exceeded. They teach us no only how to code, but how to be prepared to find a job and to have a growth mindset. There were moments of frustrations proper of the learning process, but we always have the support of the Wyncode family. They are a big community that I am proud to be part of. Thanks, Wyncode Academy, for this opportunity.

• Andrea Baker  User Photo
    Andrea Baker • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This has been an amazing expierience. The entire program, specifically the All Women Tech Cohort has been desgined to see its students succeed in every way possible. Each member of Wyncode really goes out of their way to see its students excel. This is something you simply can not find anywhere else. The instructor made a complex study very easy to comprehend and apply. She not only taught what was expected but exceeded this to give each student what she personally felt would help them flourish long term in the tech community. Wyntalent gave amazing tips and suggestions on professional conduct, resume construction, interview readiness etc. Leaving this program I am confident in my abilities, and not only my ability to find a career but also the resources I have access to in order to find the one of my dreams! Thank you

• Nikki Daye  User Photo
    Nikki Daye • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Literally changed my life. I am forever grateful for this experience, my instructor Cece Claridge was the most helpful nurturing teacher I could ask for to introduce me to such challenging topics and help me build confidence in starting my career in tech.  The whole Wyncode family including all the TAs, Thayna, Yomairy, Laz, Nick, Eduardo, and Leo have been so solid as well in terms of helping me through this process. I always felt supported and equipped for the future.

• Jevon Hill  User Photo
    Jevon Hill • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Wyncode is a 10 full-time plus course that teaches command line, github, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React on Rails, & exposes you to other tech, teaches you how to learn & search for answers to coding problems. It is fast paced, but they have teaching assistants and former students willing to help. The instructor Andy teaches best practices & clean code. You can walk in there as a stock clerk at Publix and leave knowing how to write a web app with functionality and databases.

• Loris Orsolini  User Photo
    Loris Orsolini • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had been thinking of getting into the tech industry for a while, but I wasn't sure how to do it. After doing some research, I found that code bootcamps were a potential way to get my foot in the door. Of all the bootcamps that I researched, Wyncode stood out to me because of the people that worked there. Jo and Juha are genuinely nice people who go out of their way to make themselves available to you, even though they are extremely busy. Andy, for all of his accomplishments, is a very modest and laid back person who loves to get to know his students. They all provide an opportunity to not only grow as a programmer but a person as well. Finally, the Miami tech community is a growing scene and there are ample opportunities to network, find jobs, and start businesses. For all of these reasons, I moved to Miami, even though I had only been there a handful of times before. It was one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

• Emmanuel  User Photo
    Emmanuel • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I have learned an immense amount of technical knowledge and skill set to match because of Wyncode. The staff is friendly and truly caring. But more than that they are organized and fully prepared to take their students to the next level.

• Full Stack Web Dev
    - 6/14/2019
    James Pharr  User Photo
    James Pharr • IT Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Guys, I am the kind of guys who reads and writes a lot of reviews because I think they are the key to continuous improvement.

Wyncode is one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life, I think mostly because of the human quality of the team. You are dedicated to us the students and we can see that everyday.

The program is accurate and complete. I've worked in IT for the past ten years and I can tell that you guys are putting us in the right path in this competitive field.

The school is modern and it welcomes you to learn and do your thing!

Andy is one of the best teachers I've ever had as well. He is a natural for teaching and coding.

Would do it again in a heartbeat!

• Lazaro Quintana  User Photo
    Lazaro Quintana • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was looking for a change in my life and an improvement in my work quality of life. I was recommended to go to Wyncode by a former graduate and I have been best friends with software developers, I took the chance and came to Wyncode...I do not regret it for 1 second! I learned so much in 10 weeks, Andy is an amazing teacher, the support system at Wyncode is amazing from teacher assistants to the job support and everyone that helps build your personal soft skills. I will warn anyone that tries to make the change and take the Wyncode leap... you need to give it 110% of your attention and focus, you will get what you put in. I came to Wyncode with about 3 months of prior self-learning with code, mostly Javascript and some other front end languages, that head start helped a ton, try not to come in completely unprepared. There is a lot of good support for new students and they will guide you but you need to put as much extra effort on your end as you can! I would spend 10-12 hrs a day at school and would spend my weekend either at school or at home coding or researching what we were learning at the time. It can all payout at the end if you really give your all, it's only for 10 weeks, time will fly by! I cannot recommend Wyncode enough, if you are on the fence, let this review be a push in the right direction!

• Bryant Ramirez  User Photo
    Bryant Ramirez • Junior Web developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My time at Wyncode was definitely well spent. I learned a lot about the growth mindset and many different coding languages. Most importantly though, I learned that I can learn any language and how to apply myself in that way. It was a lot of work and not something I can recommend to everyone, but if you put the effort in and do all that they ask, you will come out as a successful graduate. I look forward to working with them to help find my first job in the tech field.

• Jide Delano  User Photo
    Jide Delano Verified via LinkedIn

Coming to Wyncode is one of the best decisions I have ever made. As a prior military man, I can truly say that Wyncode Academy is a boot camp, and if you are not prepared you will not make it through the course.

The Full-Stack Web Developer course is a 10-week program that teaches you Git, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Ruby, and Rails. The course is very intensive and not everyone will make it.

I highly recommend, and  I can not state this enough, taking as many courses, on HTML, CSS, and Javascript, prior to starting the Wyncode. Codecademy is a good source for Wyncode prework, and it is free. I did just that, and I struggle a bit less than my peers. With that said, I still dedicated 12-16 hours a day, including weekends, to the program.

The course difficulty for Wyncode functions like a slope with the difficulty peaking in the middle, before starting to ease back down. Once you get back week 5, it starts to get easier, with the final 2 weeks being the easiest.

Overall, the course was great. The instructors were awesome. The level of difficulty is very high. The sense of comradery and social networking was priceless.

Final Advice: Imposter syndrome is very real and there will be times you feel you are not good enough or perhaps you do not belong there. Just remember everyone starts at different levels. There were students who had Computer science and web development degrees. And to a lesser extent, we had a few students who were already web developers. Remember, the course is geared towards beginners, so rather than worry about everyone else, focus on improving your knowledge and skills. Believe me, even the people you may think are having an easy time with the course are also struggling.

• solid.
    Mike  User Photo
    Mike • Full stack dev • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to come to Wyncode on December 28th, for a cohort that started January 22nd. To say this was an impulsive move is an understatement. The community, teachers, assistants, and classmates have been an invaluable addition to my life. I truly feel that I am making a positive move forward in my life. I'd recommend Wyncode to anyone, it was an amazing experience. The friends you'll make here will truly last a lifetime.

Thank you Andy, Don, Izzy, Angel, Bria, and finally Jo and Juha for putting together an amazing program.

• Great Program!
    Gui Milanez  User Photo
    Gui Milanez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I've recently attended the Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp, and have nothing but the best things to say about Wyncode. Staff is extremely knowledgeable and everyone from founders to assistants are genuinely interested in your success. It is very demanding and although it seems that it is not for everyone, they do try to put you in the best of your game and will help you in every step of the way.... put in your time and effort and you will not be disappointed.

• Wynfamilia
    Rocio De Santiago  User Photo
    Rocio De Santiago • Software Engineering Level 2 • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Wyncode was everything I expected plus MORE. Andy is the best coding instructor I have ever had. I learned more in my 10 weeks at Wyncode than I did as an undergraduate who completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering. I'm excited to share that I am 100% confident I will be an asset to any company from here on out. Wyncode was life transforming. Before coming here, I really considered not pursuing a field in tech because of how difficult the tech interviews were. Wyncode has given me a new family, lifelong friends, a lifelong network and invaluable skills that I hope to repay to future Wyncoders by lending them a hand when they need mentoring and job references.

• Zhanna  User Photo
    Zhanna • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I really like the way the main instructor explained new material, suggested how to make improvements and how to succeed. I also like stand-ups because you can see that everyone has particular obstacles and I felt s great support after them. The job support team plays a very important role after you graduate.

• Graduate
    Kevin Choi  User Photo
    Kevin Choi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode is the best Full Stack Dev Bootcamp out there. The learning environment is very positive and Wyncode culture is amazing. I learned so much and it was one of the best experiences I've had.

• Natalie Dinkins   User Photo
    Natalie Dinkins • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode is worth the investment.  From day one, I received guidance and support from the staff.  The culture there is one of inclusion and encouragement.  The curriculum is challenging, but you will leave with the confidence that you need to break into the tech industry.

Wyncode has an acceptance rate of 42%, of which 100% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduate. 75% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $52,669.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/