omaha-code-school-logo

Omaha Code School

Omaha

Omaha Code School

Omaha Code School promises to turn students from novices to hireable web developers in 12-weeks through 800 hours of hyper-relevant training, creating a portfolio of 2-4 impressive projects, and meeting the industry through field trips, guest speakers, and exclusive job fairs. Students will learn Ruby on Rails, HTML5 & CSS, JavaScript Fundamentals, Test Driven Development, Agile Development, Git and Version Control, pair programming, and career preparation. Upon completion of the program, Omaha Code School will host a demo day, exclusive job fair, and guide graduates through their job search.

Recent Omaha Code School Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (1) reviews for Omaha Code School →

Recent Omaha Code School News

• Web Development

Rails, Ruby
      LocationOmaha
      Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer knowledge
    • Courtney • Web Programmer • Graduate

I cannot say enough great things about Omaha Code School. After being laid off at 30 years old I realized that none of the jobs that I was applying for seemed even remotely interesting to me. I'd always loved doing art but had always gravitated towards technical jobs in my current field. I applied to Omaha Code School. I was accepted into the Enfield class with very little coding experience in only straight html. The faculty are the most patient and thought provoking instructors I have ever experienced. They help you to break down seemingly complex concepts into workable algorithms while encouraging your own thought processes to solve the problem your way. This course gave me all of the knowledge necessary to graduate as a junior level developer with a good foundation of knowledge in front-end and back-end programming. Part of the course also focused on the job application process including writing resumes and prepping for interviews. You are far from "thrown to the wolves" after graduation. All of the faculty and staff at Code School encourage students to come back during open house hours to work on applications, projects, or coding challenges. I still maintain strong relationships with many of the people I graduated with. I'm currently a web programmer working for WoodmenLife.