Prime Digital Academy
Prime Digital Academy offers an intensive, 20-week full-stack coding bootcamp and an 18-week UX design bootcamp in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Working directly with Twin Cities tech employers, Prime Digital Academy has created programs that equip emerging engineers and designers with the skills they need to make immediate contributions. Prime students learn modern technologies, practical methodologies, and critical behavioral skills through carefully crafted curriculum and real-world projects for pro-bono clients in the community. Prime’s immersive programs empower learners from diverse backgrounds to begin their new careers in months, not years.
Prime’s full-stack engineering course prepares students with the skills and hands-on experience to develop complex software to solve businesses problems. Prime’s user experience design curriculum prepares students with professional practice in research, design and prototype software that is usable and meaningful. Prime graduates have been hired by nearly 200 companies in Minnesota, and the tight-knit learning community continues long after graduation, with students participating in mentorship, community education and ongoing alumni career support.
Recent Prime Digital Academy Reviews: Rating 4.88
Recent Prime Digital Academy News
- April 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- September 2016 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
In PersonFull Time65 Hours/week20 Weeks
Deposit $1500 Financing Tuition Plans Pay $1500 Deposit and remaining balance in Week 7 Scholarship $500 scholarship to student of color accepted into the program. Additional Minnesota, Minneapolis, and St. Paul grant-based tuition support may be available for eligible accepted students.
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work 6 Weeks of required, flipped-classroom study and prep assignments. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $15,500 Class size 22 Location MinneapolisPrime’s 18-week immersive User Experience Design program was crafted to help people with interests in design, organization and technology build the foundational skills to start a career in user experience. Prime works hand-in-hand with industry employers to ensure that graduates are ready for the challenges of building complex experiences that are valuable for businesses and resonate with users.
Deposit $1500 Financing Tuition Plans Pay $1500 Deposit and remaining balance in Week 7 Scholarship $500 scholarship to each person of color accepted into the program. Additional Minnesota and Minneapolis grant-based tuition support may be available for eligible accepted students.
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work 6 Weeks of Online Pre-Work Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Prime Digital Academy Reviews
116 reviews sorted by:
- Best decision so far- 1/11/2022Anwar Hussein • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedInBefore joining prime, I was utterly lost in the world of coding and completely consumed in a never-ending tutorial hell. Prime really did open eyes and provided me with the tools to think beyond just coding and problem-solving. The instructors are excellent and knowledgeable and know what is required in the current job market. They groom you to learn the requisite skills in the job market and prepare you well for job interviews. I was always mediocre in interviews but the training and support I got from prime has tipped the scale in me crushing interviews and eventually landing a job. Yes, it is fast- paced and the instructors will push to get you up to speed and challenge you but I promise you'll never get left behind.
- Knowledgeable and Extremely Supportive- 1/10/2022Jessica B. • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via GitHubI knew close to nothing about programming but they really brought me from zero to helping me get my first job. The teachers are all supportive and rock stars in their fields and teach you relevant skills to the current market. They also get you ready for applying for jobs and interviews. Don't get me wrong, its a lot of work, but absolutely worth it. They can definitely guide you in the right direction if you're willing to put in the effort.
- Us Design- 11/1/2021Mackenzie Leach • Student • Course: User Experience Design • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Full Stack Software Engineering- 9/1/2021Mary • Front End Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via GitHubWhen I was considering attending Prime, I did what you are doing - read reviews online, talked to alumni, and asked as many people as possible about this program. Every single Prime graduate told me the same thing - that it was worth every single dime; that it was so much for than a bootcamp; that they taught way more than coding. Man, I thought to myself These people really drink the cool-aid. Now that I have gone through the progam, I have to admit that I drink the cool-aid too.It will be hard, but remember that hard is okay and uncomfortable is where the real growth happens.
Prime was worth every single penny that I spent to attend. I don't know many programs where you spend just $15k, to later get a job paying over $70k. In just twenty-two weeks (twenty weeks in the program and two weeks full-time job hunting) I doubled my income from last year. Not only is that incredible...that is life changing. With the skills I learned at Prime, I now have job security and financial freedom. I'm still in shock about it!
Prime did teach way more than coding. Each week, we had career development courses with Christy and Bellamy (Christy is an invaluable asset at Prime - listen to what Christy says!!!) where we covered topics such as how to interview well, how to write a polished and professional resume and cover letter, how to exceed in technical interviews, how to job search the "right way" ... SO MUCH MORE. In tier two, we also had personal development with Emily, which really helped me get comfortable talking about myself. Public speaking is also a portion of the curriculum each week.
Now, hear me out - that is not to say that Prime is easy. It will test you in ways that you won't even imagine. The imposter syndrome is real....but the key factor is that at Prime, you have an entire team behind you in your instructor and your cohort.
- Take the Leap!- 9/1/2021Terry O'Keefe • Software Engineer I • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedInBefore Prime, I was in retail management for 10+ years. The long hours, stress, and not being able to see friends or family started to wear on me. I decided to transition into a new career field. After researching and having multiple calls with bootcamps, Prime stood out to me from the very first phone call. Once accepted into the program, you are in great hands every step of the way. They truly do prepare you with this intense but gratifying program. They don't just teach you about programming languages. Each week you also learn about job searching, develop soft skills, and collaborate in group projects. The solo project shows that you have what it takes to create applications on your own and reinforces the skills you learned. The client project gets you hands on experience what it will be like in the workplace. You learn a lot in 20 weeks and more importantly you learn about yourself. One of the best things Prime can offer is the amazing support from each and every person involved with Prime. The staff and cohort always have your back. If you are second guessing the decision, like I did, just go for it. Bet on yourself and trust me you won't regret it.
- Full Stack Software Engineer- 7/1/2021William Krug • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedInAttending Prime Digital Academy (Prime) was a game, and life, changer. Over the course of 4 years, I earned an AS in Computer Science while working full time. After being let go, breaking into the tech community with an AS was near impossible. Lots of resumes and cover letters with no bites. I needed something to up my skills and Prime came highly recommended. It was a big, nerve racking, decision to make the commitment but I couldn't be happier that I did.
The biggest advantages Prime gave me are:
- Full Stack Knowledge Earning my AS, I was experienced with coding concepts, algorithms and how to work simple frameworks but I didn't know how to connect it to anything or create a full product. Prime not only gave me the skills to create a full stack application but the practice and guidance on how to make it better and continually improve.
- Career Assistance Prime doesn't guarantee you a job after graduation but they set you up with the skills to get one yourself. Everything from resumes, cover letters, networking, interviews, and more are taught and practiced weekly. This was a huge selling factor for me personally and one of the main reasons I chose Prime over other local boot camps. If you put in the effort and pay attention, you will land a role. You just need to be patient, apply yourself, and trust the system.
- Cohort There's the old saying that "it takes a village..." When you join Prime, you are not alone. You cohort mates become some of the greatest people you will ever meet and you will make connections left and right. From the staff, other students, and alumni, your network of people to reach out to and ask questions grows exponentially. Prime fosters a safe place to learn, grow, and ask questions, and the support and sense of community is amazing. I graduated a few months ago and I'm still in contact with the folks at Prime.
Joining the Prime community has not only made me a better developer but a better problem solver and team mate. I can't thank the staff at Prime and my fellow cohort mates for helping me get to where I am today.
- Great Experience!- 6/11/2021Alex • Application Support Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Kansas City • Verified via LinkedInI enrolled into Prime Digital Academy during the summer of 2020, graduated January 2021. The only thing I would do different, is go back in time and force myself to do it sooner! The whole process from start to finish was well worth it. There are ups and downs just like anything in life. It was one of the hardest things I had ever done but also just as rewarding. You have to trust the process and instructors. They can’t teach you everything in 20 weeks but they give you the tools and basics to propel you into the tech world. The things I learned about myself and the tools I was taught at Prime Digital Academy helped me get my first job in the tech industry, shortly after graduating. Forever thankful for my experience at Prime!
- Great place to facilitate a career change- 3/4/2021Clint • Jr. Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Kansas City • Verified via LinkedIn
- Full Stack Software Engineering Student- 9/25/2020Ace • Student • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Minneapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Full Stack Software Engineering- 9/25/2020Alex Calvillo • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Kansas City • Verified via LinkedInTo set the stage, Prime Digital Academy isn't a school that just accepts your money and says "sure take a ride." It's student focused and goes through a process to not only ensure your success (as long as you are willing to work for it), but sets you up with skills beyond "traditional" schooling. This is certainly the most technically and brain bending curriculum I've been challenged with, but it has also been the most rewarding. And after you've finished a challenging lecture, you move into an instruction block to improve your own self-development outside of tech. This is what sets it apart. The student as a whole, even less as a student and more as a software engineer entering the field; that's the difference. I feel just as prepared if not more than CS grads I know and can't wait for the next steps.
- No BS, best experience I have had.- 9/25/2020David Walton • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Engineering • Campus: Kansas City • Verified via GitHubNot going to drag this out but I quit a career after 18 years, went out on a limb, and signed up for this and I could not have asked for anything better. 100% the instructors care and want you to succeed. It isn't easy, you have to do things you won't want to do, but you will grow. Do it. Yourself 5 months from now would thank you.