coder-camps-logo

Houston, Online, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington

Coder Camps

Coder Camps offers 12-week coding bootcamps in Seattle, Washington, Phoenix, Arizona and online. Full and part-time students have the opportunity to choose between full-stack options like .NET, Java, JavaScript and C#. Unlike other schools that teach a single technology stack, Coder Camps covers a variety of technologies in a modular curriculum that prepares you for actual careers. All programs utilize Agile software development techniques and provide experience working in team roles, the application life cycle, and with mobile & cloud applications. Students will master these skills with the help of experienced instructors guiding them through hands-on, real-world projects, and daily individual and paired programming exercises. To apply, prospective students can fill out a short online form and start a series of interviews.

Coder Camps also provides career services where at the completion of the course, graduates are introduced to leaders in technology to facilitate entry into a new career path in tech. Coder Camps graduates also receive lifetime access to continuing education courses at no additional cost.

Recent Coder Camps Reviews: Rating 3.84

all (64) reviews for Coder Camps →

Recent Coder Camps News

Read all (12) articles about Coder Camps →
  • Full Stack Web Development

AngularJS, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, Rails, Java, Ruby
    Phoenix, Online, Seattle
    The Full-Stack Web Development program prepares graduates to excel as Full-Stack Web Developers. These sought-after, entry-level professionals make important contributions across all areas of web application architecture. They possess the broad knowledge of computer science principals and modern tools and have fundamental knowledge of available frameworks. They can work independently or as part of a software team.
    Hero Scholarship, Women in Technology Scholarship
    Interview

• Don’t do it
    - 9/25/2018
    Dominique Yancey  User Photo
    Dominique Yancey • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I enrolled in the camp last year right out of college. To begin the recruiter was very pushy and persistent (Bill) and even though I expressed being very apprehensive about the program I  was constantly called and encouraged to enroll being told that it was for people like myself that had no computer science background. Onece I was in the program I could clearly see it was for more advanced programmers. I wasn’t able to keep up and wasn’t able to recieve much help due to the time difference of the coaches. I tried leaving the program but was never able to reach the person that I spoke with about signing up... long story short I’m paying back 10,000 for a month and a half worth of class. JUST DONT DO IT!

• Jordan Tre Daniel Christley  User Photo
    Jordan Tre Daniel Christley • Kickboxing Instructor • Student Verified via GitHub

I began studying Ruby so that I could apply to another camp; and about a year and several more self-taught skills later, I found myself on the phone with Coder Camps, since they were one of the only in-person camps in the Houston area. I talked to Christine, who made a very good connection with me and frankly made me regret not joining a bootcamp earlier. I looked them up, and mostly good reviews! She followed up at all the right times, we did more phone interviews, and within a couple of days I took the leap and signed up for a online(commute drains hours and money, especially in Houston) cohort beginning in November 2016. She told me we would talk once a week at least, to make sure the experience is good for me. (She never called once til it was time to ask for referrals to the program.)

The quality of the pre-work was encouraging. I felt challenged to get it all completed, I got good feedback on some of the projects I needed to fix, and I felt really good about the stuff that I built. Eventually the time to start was upon me! The hours were from 9AM central to a break for an hour, and then we ended the day around 4PM.

I was not impressed by the cohort size, as there was one in-person student, and two online. Four or five total. That was the first red flag. Stephen Walther was our main instructor, and he was very knowledgeable. The first few weeks were great. We learned Typescript, which I had never seen, I believe some Bootstrap as well, and of course HTML, CSS, etc. I excelled at anything we did because I was familiar with these basic technologies. I felt like a kid waiting for the first lick of a spanking because I knew that things would be picking up soon. Then it did! I was terrified of Angular (1.5), Node and Express when I was first presented with the app that we would be building our apps on, but that's when I really learned to break down new technologies and get an understanding for how they work. I got so good that the instructors thought I was cheating when I would "drive" the other students in front of the class.

That's actually the closest we came to pair programming, one student telling the other what to do while the other students watched. I found it extremely hard to pay attention when I was not directly engaged in producing the code. I didn't like how we would be introduced to new concepts with a walk-along, and THEN go practice. I found much more use when I introduced the concept to myself through reading the curriculum and Youtube the night before, and then implementing the concepts in the presence of a teacher, where I could ask any question I needed, and that way keep my momentum and really get the most of my time. Instead, I would be forced to follow along while someone else codes on the screen. I cannot fault them for their teaching style, but personally, I did not find it the most effective.

The first real blow came when our main instructor, Stephen, dipped off to go and teach a .NET course. He left us to Johnathon, who I believe was nothing more than a TA, and would occasionally come and check on us. This made me angry, because while John was helpful and had a great attitude, he simply didn't have the experience that Stephen did and therefore could not help us on the same level. Soon after, Stephen abruptly left Coder Camps. The next guy that came in, Brandon, was in between John and Stephen, but closer to John in terms of experience, and he honestly didn't have the best communication skills.

Brandon coming in introduced another level of complication to the cohort since I believe it was Stephen who wrote the curriculum in the first place. He didn't like Stephen's curriculum, and for good reason: component-based architecture was completely missing from it. This didn't bother me until I graduated and realized that EVERYTHING is headed that way. I started behind the race because I was taught to use an old version of Angular, and at that we didn't learn the industry-preferred style of app structure, even though Angular 1.5 supports it.

While I'm on the subject of what I didn't learn, I barely know how to use Webpack, (only because I taught myself at that) and only know of SystemJs due to my own reading on Angular. We never learned any bundling technology. To me, that is one of the hardest concepts to grasp, and it's def something we should have learned under the supervision of a seasoned coder.

As for the projects, I built many quick one-day projects to demonstrate understanding of different features of Angular or Express, but only one personal capstone and one group project. My capstone was not much of a success in my opinion, and I blame the fact that I aimed a little too high. Definitely would go simple if I could again. It was just too data-intensive. I spent a lot of time trying to acquire data, find ways to manipulate it, and finally gave up on that and tried to produce my own.

The small cohort really hurt the group project, since there were only three of us by the time it rolled around. One of my classmates was too far behind to participate, so our group project was done with only two. I just wish I collaborated on more than one project. We struggled with authentication since nobody could provide a working version of Passport. How can I learn to use it if you don't even have a working example to show me? Brandon actually did it for us, and he had a hard time with it, adding several more technologies to make it work for some reason. He really did his best to help us, but still nobody was impressed when it came time to show it off.

The job services is a big joke. I won't lie, I missed the day that the career services rep supposedly talked to our cohort, but I did make sure I got the materials from our slack channel and reached out to them after that. I got a pdf and a power point telling me basic things like make a resume and make a LinkedIn, which I already had. I wish they actually took the time to introduce us to some companies. That was a big reason for me going to a bootcamp, I thought they would have connections to leverage and help us in the door. The rep could have at least replied to me.

I graduated at the end of January, and it is August now. I held my tongue for a while because I didn't realize how bad of an experience I had had, and I wanted to give them the chance to make it right, because things happen sometimes. They don't plan on helping (aside from me taking ANOTHER THREE MONTHS not being able to earn a living), and I feel that I will not get a job without going through more schooling. I am looking at different options, but I will not be returning there. You should not get the same amount of money from me because you messed up the first time and now I have to spend double the projected time in school. Even when I was teaching myself things like component-based architecture or webpack after graduation, the instructors on the slack channel didn't give a single f*** about me. No support. Except for Brandon. He took time to video chat with me when I was no longer his student and help me teach myself.

I banked a lot on that bootcamp, and I feel extremely let down. It makes me angry and depressed when I realize that I am in the same situation as a year ago. It's really hard to put into words how discouraging this last year (including bootcamp time) has been for me. I am at a loss as far as what to do sometimes.

• Learning so much!
    - 8/23/2017
    Kirsten Naughton  User Photo
    Kirsten Naughton • Student Verified via GitHub

While I knew this 12 week course would be difficult, I had no idea how fast the class would actually go. We have a large class with a variety of ages and learning abilities. Our instructor goes the extra mile to make sure we understand. Thank goodness he has a sense of humor! Our classes are recorded so we can watch them again to review concepts that we might be struggling with. I have found that my extra effort in studying before and/or after class is making the difference to my understanding and retention. The hands-on projects are vital for making the knowledge stick!

On a side note, all the mentors and instructors have been helpful...even those who aren't directly involved in my class. Everyone here is willing to make sure you get out of this experience what you put into it. I love it here and recommend it to those considering a coding camp of this type. Keep in mind...this experience isn't for sissies or whiners.

• Nicholas W Bowen  User Photo
    Nicholas W Bowen • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Many people think these boot camps are a golden ticket, they are not. Before I even showed up in Seattle, I had no unreasonable expectations.I am a self-paced learner, I had studied extensively before I showed up. I won’t go over career placement/counseling because I never expected a magic way into a job. You are the only person that can get you a job, network, build and be persistent.  I only expected the following.

1. A chance to code full time and get financing for the tuition, cost of living and gas.
    2. A environment where I could meet others like myself.
    3. A place to stay late and code when cramming to finish projects.
    4. A instructor to help me when I needed it.
    5. A good resume project to leave camp with.
    6. A place to find community even after graduation.

Basically, #1 is the only thing I felt was adequately provided, and that was provided through a third party, so hey, thanks to them I guess. I’ll start with #2.

#2 :“A environment where I could meet others like myself.”
    I was hoping to meet passionate newbies who really had the drive and competency to build awesome thing. The “admissions representatives” aka, sales people, were just pushing as many bodies through the door as they could, regardless of aptitude. Look it up on glassdoor, they work on commission. Students that needed excessive hand-holding through lectures. Students that seemed to be barely able to operate their own computers, let alone build software.  I did meet some awesome passionate people at coder camps, but they were in different cohorts who have the same complaints about the program as I did.

#3: “A place to stay late and code when cramming to finish projects.”
    When I first got to the camp, I had a late night TA. She was there if you needed questions answered, and to close the building late. However, 2ish weeks in, she got moved to a remote class and started working from home, subsequently causing the camp to close at 5 when the 2 instructors left. It would be occasionally be open a bit longer, but not often. I’d usually end up at the nearby coffee joint when I needed to get work done.

#4: “A instructor to help me when I needed it. ”
    This was partially due to #2, it was hard to get my instructor to help me on harder concepts when he had students who were constantly making him repeat basic concepts like git commands and editor hotkeys. Beyond this. He left the company 2 weeks before my final project was over, presumably due to differences within Coder Camps. The instructor in the other class was willing to help when I needed it, but much of the project as in a completely different stack, and I ended up finishing it out. Which leads to our next expectation.

#5: “A good resume project to leave camp with.”
    I was in a group of 2 others, one remote and one onsite. We finished, but there were features missing that I sincerely wished made it in. Beyond our instructor leaving, the remote student had to begin working a full-time job for personal reasons. The scope of the project was made for 3 full time developers, and it was more like 2.25. I feel like this made me pick up the extra slack. The project works as a demo, but not as a product, and it still bothers me to this day. I put a lot of heart into it.

#6: “A place to find community even after graduation.”
    After I graduated the dot-net class wasn’t receiving new students, and the mean stack class ahead of me was finishing their projects. In total, on a day I would stop in there would be 5 people in the building including the instructor and TA, but often less. This was pretty suspicious, they went from just throwing in any warm body willing to pay them, to mysteriously sending no-one. This turned out to be that they planned to close the Seattle campus.  I tried to stop by recently to find out that they closed the camp. They are still active in arizona and Texas (so far as I know). I’ve found a good community outside the camp, the JS community in Seattle is warm and friendly. Unfortunately, Coder camps’ Seattle campus was actually in Redmond! And if you know anything about Seattle, the people here hate driving. So you end up spending a lot of time and gas to go to meetups and events where the community actually congregates.

Most of what I have learned hasn’t been from their curriculum, it was pretty badly outdated. I’m self taught, they taught me nothing. 2 weeks out of camp I found some contract work for a startup. With zero help from Coder Camps. And that’s fine, as I said, I wasn’t expecting it. That lasted about about 2 months, and now I’m on the hunt again. This whole experience was just sad. I came in with reasonable expectations and was disappointed in a spectacular fashion. Don’t trust a word they tell you.

• Matthew Krehl  User Photo
    Matthew Krehl • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently 4 weeks into my 24 week online course. I just compleeted the first module whicch is scheduled for ending week 6. The learning modules are set up to thouroughly test each skillset before moving on. Obviously as with any online work-your-own-pace class you're far more responsible for your own understanding than if you were in class. That said there are always good links suggesting additional reading for each concept and as I said effective tests to sohow you where you lack understanding.

• Jaln' Gomillia  User Photo
    Jaln' Gomillia • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Today was the second day of my of summer boot camp experience. So far I'm enjoying the classroom enviornment  here on campus. The insturctor honestly does his best with giving person hands on attention, while being mindful of keeping the pace of the curriculum. Being new to coding I'm realising that the skill we take a lot of practice to truly acquire, but I feel like this bootcamp will be a huge assistance in exploring this journey.

• Jack O'Neil  User Photo
    Jack O'Neil • Student Support Agent • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended the Phoenix Full Stack Javascript course last spring, and I graduated in April. The class was very intense to say the least. This is a course for people who are serious about trying to make a break into the rapidly growing tech industry. The Curriculum is very fast paced, and certainly a need to study outside the classroom. The instruction was very fast paced and thorough, and the Instructor was very knowledgeable and always on point. As for the class Mentors, I can't say they were exactly a huge help. While the instructors themselves had many years experience in the tech field, the mentors were mostly Coder Camps graduates themselves, so their knowledge was more of a shallow understanding. At the end it was a huge relief to be finished and Demo our project to a sizeable audience. The Coder Camps Career Services guy, Brent Watson, was very helpful in setting up all of the resume boringness. He helped me fix up my resume, and built my LinkedIn profile to be appropriate to the tech industry that I would recently be entering. To say that there is a magic job opportunity right out the gates would not be accurate.  As with any job search, it is entirely up to you to get a job that you actually want.

• James Fitzer  User Photo
    James Fitzer • Service Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When you're looking for a .net camp, the options are a bit more limited than other tech stacks. Let's just say my company is heavily invested in the Microsoft stack.

Chris Attaway and Brian Wood are really helpful instructors. They did a better job explaining things i had trouble with than the curriculum did, which leads me to my only real problem with the course. My biggest complaint would be the "sparse" curriculum in places. Some things weren't deeply explained, and you have to do a lot of outside study. More on that in a bit. However, i've seen a glimpse of their new curriculum, and it seems to be much, much improved. The biggest benefit of this course, and the reason i'm scoring it high overall, is that as the curriculum improves, I'll get to go take a look at the new stuff. The access to free future training that all grads get is a great benefit. I've been told an "ala carte" option for the modules is coming as well, which would be nice: won't have to take an entire camp, just go freshen up on the things i want.

So, for me the negatives are the sparse curriculum, and the difficulty of learning tech like this online which probably would apply to any camp. I also invested in a codecademy sub to suppliment what i'm learning. That said, someone like me needs a bit of structure and some deadlines/assignments to progress, and the course provided what i expected there. It seems they're taking the criticisms about the group project to heart as well. I've been told that going forward, instead of a big group project, it's an individual project++.

Bootcamps are not for everyone. i'm not sure that a novice would have a great experience online, because of the self-directed nature of it. A novice may be better served being in a room with instructors and really interacting with them. You really get out of these courses what you put in. I spent many a day re-reading training materials and re-watching videos, working on my individual project.

However, at the end of the day, i progressed further making useful software on modern toolsets in this short, few month course than I did as a computer science major for two years. It feels like codercamps has somewhat recently changed ownership / management or both, and i have pretty good feelings about the future direction of this camp.

I didn't rate the job assistance category, as I'm using this camp to broaden my existing knowledge (non-dev, but still highly technical). The career assistance didn't appeal to or assist me much at all... but i can see how someone entirely new to the tech industry and job market would benefit.

I'd also like to see an increased emphasis on the types of algorithms and whiteboard-interview type techniques that tech companies use nowadays.

Bottom Line: I feel like i got my money's worth, but this type of training is not for everyone. You have to be immenently excited about the idea of building software , and have strong troubleshooting and research abilities already, particularly for the online course. If this is you, you'll enjoy the course and make a lot of progress.

• Andrew Haddock • unemployed • Graduate
    This school is an absolute farce. I attended from September of 2016 to January of 2017 because our first teacher quite before the class was event a part of the way through, the second teacher wasn't actually familiar with Javascript, and the third teacher, while experienced, didn't actually know one of the frameworks we were to be taught (AngularJS). That last teacher I mentioned quit the school before my cohort was complete because of disagreements with how the course load was handled.

You'll find my picture on the home page of the Coder Camps website saying some prescripted junk they wrote up for me about how they helped me find work. It was really a combination of me doing to tech meetups and having the good fortune to meet a small startup that was interested in supporting bootcamp graduates. Unfortunately despite getting a job at that company, the lack of fundamentals and understanding of concepts the bootcamp was supposed to provide in the curriculum was absent, leading to me losing that position.

The curriculum during my time at Coder Camps was outdated, incorrect, and neither of the cohorts I participated in on site actually completed all of the topics meant to be covered. We never completed authentication, hashing, tokens, our angular lesson was basically nonexistent, and the list goes on. I would also like to point out that a majority of the students that attended the cohorts I was in were hired by the school, not as developers, but various other unrelated positions. The only person I know of from my classes that managed to secure a developer position is one that quit the program, received a refund, and attended a different bootcamp that actually had a developed curriculum and teachers who understood and where passionate about the material.

I will close with the fact that this program has done nothing for me except leave me with a $540/mo loan payment that I can't afford to pay back and a career services department that has not been in communication with me in almost 4 months. The one communication I received was a short message saying they have no leads or opportunities at this time. I have not heard from them since then, despite numerous attempts to reach various people within the department. I would demand a full refund of this program if I could, because the only way it transformed my life was by adding a debt that won't be paid off anytime soon.
    - 8/22/2017
    H. Johnson • Student

Coder Camps is a great school. It's tough, but there are so many helpful staff, mentors, and students who are always willing to help. I highly recommend Coder Camps to anyone who is or has been interested in learning to code. I also highly recommend asking for Jason Jones if you're interested in applying for this school. A+ all around to everyone at Coder Camps!

• Dylan Jackson • Freelance Developer • Student

Hey guys, a little about myself. I've studied management Informtation Systems at Texas Tech University. I'm 22 years old, and love everything about computers. I found that in my time at University I was extremely unprepared for practical implementation of my knowledge to the workplace. I first found out about codercamps after figuring out I wanted the intensity that acquired a programming bootcamp. I was accepted into AppAcademy, and HackReactor, but Jason, the admissions counselor made me truly feel at home and after talking with some former students I made a pretty daring move, and moved out to Arizona to take the course.

Let me say it is THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. With these things you get out of it what you put in. If you expect to magically learn programming in 3 months by sitting on your a** you're poorly mistaken. I will say they make it so easy to be ingaged however.My favorite part about this school is the network. The instructor (Jesse tomchak) is incredibly knowledgeable and he truly cares for people. Most importantly the network of students is incredible. Everyone helps with everything. I feel like I am a part of the family. These guys gave me the practical knowledge to turn my creativity into real world applications. Trust me when I say out of all of my education, this BY FAR has been the most valuable. They have a coders for life program so you can come back any time you'd like and learn as many languages as you can handle. I highly recommend this for anyone that wants a career out of programming. Best choice I've ever made.

*I am a student and am no way shape or form endorsed by codercamps, and I receive no benefit from writing this whatsoever*

I just wanted to share my experience because I'm annoyed I didn't do this sooner.

• Coder Camp!
    - 6/26/2017
    Brennan Curtis • Sales Representative • Student
    Coder Camps has really opened my eyes to web development! They teach and explain information regarding web development and technology in very easy and understandable manner that it makes learning very fun and exciting
  • Christian Wunder • Mentor/FSW Developer • Graduate

I was driving Uber full-time in between sales positions and was looking for a change of career in something that I actually had an interest in. I heard about Coder Camps through one of my rides who happened to work there. After looking around at some of the other options and speaking with my admissions rep at coder camps, I realized going back to community college would have cost more and took much longer just to come out with a similar skill set. I chose to attend in person at the scottsdale location and I have to say it was not easy, it is called a bootcamp for a reason. My class and I spent 10-12 hours a day learning and building apps for 12 weeks. The first 6 weeks are instruction and the second 6 weeks are for a group project that you get to pick the topic of. I must say that the group project was crazy valuable, you need to work as a team, coordinate with each other, avoid and resolve code conflicts, etc. It really shows you how complicated a project can become without proper planning. We were able to have an amazing project that we were really proud of and the biggest reason that happened is that we worked together as a unit and made decisions as a team. I loved this course(I did .NET), and being a coder for life means I can take all the additonal courses in the future for free so there is endless value. I highly reccomend you check it out.

• Raquel • Current • Student
    As a online student it is an excellent coding education course. Its not just within the reach of those who live in major cities. It has become easier for people from all backgrounds to learn the skills they need to switch careers. Coding isn't easy to learn but that's exactly why it's so valuable. It requires practice and patience. Online offers a variety of training programs subject such as Full Stack. Net Web Development iOs Development, Front-end Web and more. Great supportive team that helps and is available all the time. What a great experience I'm having in learning how to code from Coder Camps.
  • Coder Camps
    - 6/1/2017
    Raquel Leonberger • Current • Student
    Active student on online. Coding isn’t particularly easy to learn but that’s exactly why it’s so valuable. The courses on line are fun. There is always a mentored available to guide you if needed. There is interaction with other classmates you're not alone. It's fun to learn and we help each other. A great learning structure personal I feel it has a style of teaching of a hybrid / blend. That's good. It has demos, videos and class lectures. One on one with a mentor. Practice hands on exercise from lessons and so on. It requires you to have self discipline for example of doing 4/5 lessons each day for 5 days will get you on track even. If you struggle there is always help support available. Staff Christine (C.P.) She is amazing motivational and inspirational speaker. Gives great support and checks in with you to see how are you doing makes sure things work out well. Christian W. (mentor) He is wonderful and determine to make sure he get you on the right track. Very good at explaining concepts when not understood. Strongly committed on helping others become fuller versions of who they are. Isaac G. (instructor) He is wonderful goes above and beyond to ensure each student in his class is knowledgeable in being successful. Very detail oriented and gives good visual instructions to follow. Good for beginners. Believes that each one has something special that can be built upon and puts his best efforts to teach us. Nick S. (instructor) He is wonderful gives solid understanding in his lessons. Engaging and holds the attention of students in all discussions. With a caring attitude he encourage everyone to always work at their best level. Passionate in his work and ensure we retain what we learn.
  • Raquel L. • Current • Student

Student

Currently enrolled at Coder Camps. I  enjoy being a student here. I have no experience and I am starting from scratch. I have found the courses to be great introduction and it has motivated me to keep learning.

Coder Camps

Great customer service and support. Very friendly and welcoming staff. It's the best school to learn how to code.

Online courses there is always a mentored available to guide you if needed. There is interaction with other classmatesyou're not alone. It's fun to learn and help each other. Has a great learning structure personal I feel it's more of a hybrid / blend style.  It has demos,videos and class lectures. One on one with a mentors, practice hands on lessons and so on. It requires you to have self discipline for example of doing 4/5 lessons each day for 5 days gets you on track even if your not. There is always help support available.

Staff

• Christine (C.P.) She is amazing motivational and inspirational speaker. Gives great support and checks in with you to see how are you doing makes sure things work out well.

• Christian W. (mentor) He is wonderful and determine to make sure he get you on the right track. Very good at explaining concepts when not understood. Strongly committed on helping others become fuller versions of who they are.

• Isaac G. (instructor) He is wonderful goes above and beyond to ensure each student in his class is knowledgeable in being successful. Very detail oriented and gives good visual instructions to follow.  Good for beginners. Believes that each one has something special that can be built upon and puts his best efforts to teach us.

• Nick S. (instructor) He is wonderful gives solid understanding in his lessons. Engaging and holds the attention of students in all discussions. With a caring attitude he encourage everyone to always work at their best level. Passionate in his work and ensure we retain what we learn.
  • eitan schreiber • Student

i really enjoyed the whole experience i thought the curriculum was well designed and the video lectures they put out were very thurough and well explained and i also liked that if you ever get stuck you can schedule a meeting with your instructor on your time whenever you want and another plus is that after you finish the course you can come back as an allumni and learn whatever you want free of charge

• Kayla Crutch • General Manager • Student

I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN!

My experience with Coder Camps so far has been amazing! My admission rep Billy, the Live Help Specialists Cassandra, Andrew, and Stephen, and one of the Managers, Jamie have all been so phenominal. They constantly made sure I was understanding the material, assisting when necessary and even walked me through the toughest stages of my course. I could not have had a warmer, more welcoming introduction to Coder Camps and the world of web development.

• John Chleborad • Student

Amazing company, amazing people, fully dedicated to the success of the student.  I have not found one person, staff or student, who wasn't willing to help and offer encouragement.  I spent 30 years in a completely unrelated (non-technical) industry and I am over 50 with no formal computer training so I really didn't think I would fit in.  Didn't matter.  The people at Coder Camps are not interested in your lack of experience, they are only interested in your success.  In 30 years of employment I have not come across a group of people more interested in the success of their customer, the student.  While the coursework is grueling and requires an immense amount of dedication, the environment on campus is friendly and even fun and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Coder Camps. I recently completed Coding From Scratch and my experience with the process, and even more with the people, made the choice to enroll an easy one.  As with any difficult task, you will get out of it what you put in; but here you will be immersed in a culture that will drive you to be the best.

• Full Stack .Net
    - 5/23/2017
    Richard J. Charay • Graduate

I throughly enjoyed the Coder Camps Full Stack .Net course.

The in-class instruction was topical and taught me the basics I needed to know in order to explore more my own.

The homework/projects challenged me to stretch what I learned and apply it.

And the post course support I have received has been outstanding.

• Coder Camps Review
    - 5/16/2017
    Rick C • Student

When I first contacted Coder Camps I was immediately impressed with Jason Jones who broke down the course in a concise and clear manner with the utmost zest!  Since I joined the program he has consistently reached out to me on a regular basis to make sure everything is going well and darn well makes things happen if they are not!!!

I joined the Full Stack .NET C# course and since have been introduced to the latest C# .NET CORE technology as well as many of the other most popular web technologies out there.  They are constantly evolving with the latest technologies which is a must in today's rapidly changing programming world.
         I would like to give special props to a few other individuals:  Nick Suwyn who is one of the most knowledgeable programmers I have met over the years and who is ALWAYS there when I need him for anything and get's back to me in a timely fashion.  His lectures are also second to none.
    Next is Jason Tennant who gave me special attention despite his busy schedule and helped me with many important things including but not limited to getting me linked up with Linked in and other programming related chat forums that have helped me out tremendously.
    Finally Chris Coleman (CEO) who reached out to me personally to make sure my journey has been a good one and everything is going in the right direction.

Not too many Cons:
    There is not anything particularity bad I can say however I will say that the course is very condensed and requires a very very serious approach and a lot of time dedicated to learning.  You also have to be on the ball and ask the right questions to the right people to stay on top of things.  I will follow up again when the course is completed.

Rick C.

• Matt Ellenberger • Graduate

I attended the Phoenix Full Stack .Net course last fall, and I graduated in Febuary. The class was very intense to say the least! This is a course for people who serious about really making a change in their lives, and  wanting to break into the Tech industry. The Curiculum is very fast paced, and there is ZERO room for any sort of laziness. I personally had made the decision to do this knowing that my dedication and attitude were going to be everything in how successful I was going to be. During the instructional phase a few of my classmates and I would spend sometimes upwards of 5 hours after class working on our homework, and helping each other stay up to speed with the pace of the class. There were also seveal times on the weekends where we would meet up to work on the coursework. It was a very good thing that we bacame so close with each other because once we got into the group project phase, we spent even more time working together than when we were in the instructional phase of the Camp. The instruction was very fast paced and thorough, and the Instructor was very knowledgable and always on point. As for the class Mentor, I can't say enough positive things. Given that we put all of our frustrations and emotions on him, he might be the most patient person that I've ever known. He always had an answer for us and knew how to relate in a way that made us feel calm. Our Group Project phase was also very intense, as we had to create and complete a difficult project in only 5 weeks time. At the end it was a huge relief to be finnished and Demo our project to a sizeable audience.  The Coder Camps Career Services team was also amazing in every regard. They helped us put togather our resumes, and build our LinkedIn profiles to be appropriate with the industry that we would then be entering into. It did not end at graduation either, as they worked tirelessly to connect us to different opportunities and trying to get us in front of potential employers. To say that there is a job waiting for you when you exit this Boot Camp would not be accurate.  As with any employment getting the job is ALWAYS up to you to make it happen! I personally interviewed about 6 times before I was finally offered a position, but The Coder Camps people were always there to support me and suggest new interview tactics, and find new opportunities for me to persue. Commiting yourself to this school and what they offer is a huge undertaking, and your success is all in your own hands, and how you seriously you take the challenge.

• Great experience
    - 5/5/2017
    Recent Grad • Graduate

I'll admit I was nervous about such an accelerated program but the staff at coder camps helped me every step of the way.  The course was challenging and there were moments I wasn't sure it would click with me but the instructional team kept encouraging me. The moment the light bulb came on was such a rewarding experience.  I've been interviewing with several employers post graduation and I'm confident I will land a job shortly.  I would highly recommend Coder Camps and I've already referred several friends and family!

• Shady Sales Pitch
    - 4/26/2017
    RLS • Student

I'll preface this with saying I decided against attending the camp, however the enticement alone was enough of a hard sell to put me off.

While I expected an information session, what I got was a fuller hard sale pitch. I'll say this; if everything they said was true, CC sounds like a good deal. 11K-13K is a good price for the continual training and support you'd get after completeing and getting a jr. programmer job. The people were affable as well, almost to a fault; they pursued me rather than I pursuing them. HOWEVER

Rather than a straight information session, with some time to consider and signing up after a campus tour (which would have been preferable,) the call became overwhelming fast. Much of the interview (which the recruiter didn't inform me it was until well into the conversation) was hyping up not only the program, but building the expectation of you not letting them down, something I was reminded of at several points. Despite telling them I'd have to talk it over, I was transfered over to the recruter's supervisor who immediatly waved the application fee and reminded me of the high expectations they had for me, since I'd signed up without being given a chance to think about it. They didn't shoehorn you in all the way (thus the extra star) as they gave me the online prerequisite course free, but they did "save" me a seat with the premptive tuition charge suspiciously on the forms that they had me sign as well as personal information like my SSN. In short, they rushed me through the process and none of it felt kosher.

Maybe it is a good experience, maybe it isn't. All the reviews have either been negative or repeated the talking points from the phone "interview," so I'm weary of if they can be trusted. Just saying, I was not impressed with the way they sold me their product.

• Jamie is Awesome!
    - 4/12/2017
    Jacob Eiler • Tech Support Rep • Applicant

Jamie Williams, Director of Admission from Coder Camps, is the most delightful person and helped me with getting admitted as fast as possible.  Coder Camps has the most diverse curriculum and a lifetime learning dedication to its students.  I would recommend it to anyone.