Showing 401 - 425 of 589
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: GenSpark is Winning... A Sure-fire Way into Your Tech Career!Let me first say that when I first found out about GenSpark that I was impressed with the way that they were positioned to help both tech companies looking to ... Read More
Let me first say that when I first found out about GenSpark that I was impressed with the way that they were positioned to help both tech companies looking to hire new employees, and students or others looking to make a career switch into the IT field. I was in my second to last course before finishing my web development certification at CSU Global, and while they had told us that we would be able to get a job as an entry level developer, because I was inexperienced and that's one of the main factors that employers look at when hiring new employees, it was really scary and unnerving (borderline hopeless) thinking about the fight ahead of me to get into a new career. That said, I saw GenSpark as an opportunity for all 3 of us; them, their partners, and myself to win without all of the worry and headache, so I took a chance and said, "Let's make this happen," and jumped on with them.
Since I have been training in the Mainframe cohort with GenSpark I can tell you that 2 things have stood out to me. The first thing is, that GenSpark is not playing. They have the connections that they say that they have, and they will get you trained... And then paid. The second thing is that the courses are JAM PACKED with a TON of learning, so be in "NOT EVEN PLAYING" mode from square one or be prepared to get your feelings hurt. (even though they will try to make sure that you don't...)
Now that this is out of the way, "going well" has got to be the understatement of the year! I adore GenSpark and everything is moving right along as planned. The support is exactly the way it should be. It doesn't matter if your computer is updating and you were unable to check in, or you need a miracle worker to fix something more personal or technically impossible, they are "answer you right back and let's get that fixed for you" PERFECT. And that's the only way I would describe them. The training had me triaged at first and trying to catch up for a minute, but only because I didn't know what to expect and it kind of shocked me at first, not because it's impossible.
Bottom line, I really appreciate what GenSpark is doing, and whether it's the way that they are positioned to help companies and HR teams (which, according to this study
(Links to an external site.) that shows that 97% of employers are planning to increase their investments in recruiting technology, only proves that they are obviously unhappy...) students, recent graduates, and career changers, (who, when you consider the fact that relevant job experience is one of the main drivers for manager looking to fill a position, and the fact that 97% of graduates
(Links to an external site.) feel like they will need on-the-job training to further their careers after graduation, you could basically say that they are in a horrible position without the help...) or dreamers like me that are making progress towards even bigger dreams down the road and have plans that may end up making a big impact because of their ambition, whether it be within a company or in the evolution of IT itself... I believe that GenSpark is playing a major role and at the frontier of everything that is good in the hiring world. I am in my last week of training, and they had us set up with one of their big tech company partner before we even signed on, so I give them five stars! BRAVO! and THANKS GENSPARK!
- 1Reviews2CoursesThe Recurse Center is a three-month, full-time school in New York for becoming a better programer. It is free and provides space, structure, time to focus, a... Read MoreThe Recurse Center is a three-month, full-time school in New York for becoming a better programer. It is free and provides space, structure, time to focus, and a built-in community of smart builders dedicated to self-improvement. The Recurse Center is entirely project-based and self-directed. Paticipants are expected to start with at least a general programming proficiency as everyone in the program is a teacher and has something to share with their peers. Applicants should genuinely enjoy programming, and they are looking for curiosity, passion, raw intelligence and a desire to build things. Read More
- 1Reviews5CoursesInterface Web School is a 10-week intensive web development program, where students will learn to build their own web applications and be effective software ... Read MoreInterface Web School is a 10-week intensive web development program, where students will learn to build their own web applications and be effective software developers. Based in Omaha, Nebraska, Interface Web School teaches beginners who are motivated and have aspirations to be we developers. Student will learn hard technical skills like behavior-driven development, programming patterns, and 3rd party API utilization. In addition, students will participate in project management workshops, leadership workshops and other events to ensure they are ready to contribute to a development team on day one. Interface Web School offers immersive programs in both Ruby and .NET. Read MoreDavid Tarvin
5Student - Course: Full-Stack Web Developer Training Course: Java - Omaha
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Great School!I have taken two classes at Interface Web School so far - Foundations and Java. I am starting my third class with them, WordPress, on August 7. I have really en ... Read More
I have taken two classes at Interface Web School so far - Foundations and Java. I am starting my third class with them, WordPress, on August 7. I have really enjoyed my time at Interface. The instructors, Nick and Kent, were great. I learned a lot from them. Nick ran the Foundations course, which teaches HTML, CSS, and jQuery, with a bit of Bootstrap (although Nick doesn't like that - he prefers coding in pure CSS). We did several projects, including one where we animate flipping a card over. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I have since used it in sites I am working on to create a spinning effect. We did not have one big project in that class, just some weekly projects. In Java, however, we did have one big class project. We made an online UNO game (the card game, that is). It works great! We finished the main work on it during class, but we still have some things we want to add, so we all agreed to meet on Sundays after the class was finished to add those things. One thing that the Java class had that online courses do not have is the back end. When you're making Java applications for a server, you have to add extra code such as POJOs to the package in order for it to work. We also had to learn a bit of SQL to get our data working for the game. I highly recommend Interface!
Disclosure: I did not have to pay out of pocket for Interface. A state grant has paid for my classes. I don't think paying for it would change my opinion though.... Read Less
- 1Reviews1CourseCode Builders is an intermediate online program with a focus on web development fundamentals. The Code Builders curriculum is geared towards meeting the need... Read MoreCode Builders is an intermediate online program with a focus on web development fundamentals. The Code Builders curriculum is geared towards meeting the needs of software development interns, junior developers, code school graduates, and aspiring programmers. Courses are taught in 4-week-long units. A course includes a daily, 2-hour live lecture, which is taught by a Code Builders instructor and recorded for optional later viewing. Courses also include an optional 1-hour lecture where instructors address and review areas that students need additional help with. The courses require students to participate 15-25 hours per week. Students should also expect 1-2 hours of homework per day for each course. Students receive feedback on daily assignments by an automated grader, TA, or instructor. Depending on the course, class sizes can be between 50 - 300 students. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseWeThinkCode_ offers a tuition-free, two-year coding course in Johannesburg, South Africa. WeThinkCode_ democratizes education by making it open and accessibl... Read MoreWeThinkCode_ offers a tuition-free, two-year coding course in Johannesburg, South Africa. WeThinkCode_ democratizes education by making it open and accessible to all talented young people by teaching game design, app design, cloud computing, cryptography, artificial intelligence, web design, malware and more. Students should embody grit, curiosity, connection, and responsibility. Read More
5Student - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: GreatTreehouse caters to a large audience. They make many of their materials available to everyone without having to pay. This is great for anyone on a tight budge ... Read More
Treehouse caters to a large audience. They make many of their materials available to everyone without having to pay. This is great for anyone on a tight budget or who just wants to get their feet wet. The videos are also superb quality and the teachers are very encouraging. Their courses cover a wide variety of technologies and languages.
Next, you can pay about $500/year to get additional, more advanced materials and take quizzes and code challenges.
Lastly, you have the tech degree program which is much more expensive, but is more intense and for those who seriously want to pursue software developer jobs.
I also like that they are completely online. Sure, you lose out on networking with individuals in person, but it's also very convenient.
- 1Reviews12CoursesDeveloper Bootcamp is an online full-stack coding bootcamp based in Chelmsford, MA. Students will learn SQL, .NET, UNIX/Linux, Java, C/C++, mobile app develo... Read MoreDeveloper Bootcamp is an online full-stack coding bootcamp based in Chelmsford, MA. Students will learn SQL, .NET, UNIX/Linux, Java, C/C++, mobile app development and web development in an immersive, online learning experience. Developer Bootcamp's unique approach combines on-demand streaming with personal facilitation and comprehensive hands-on exercises to assure successful training and competence in the IT workplace. Support staff provides personal setup assistance, guidance and lab equipment setup. An instructor is assigned to each student to assist in completing lab exercises and to help with any questions. Classes are designed to be 50% lecture and 50% hands-on exercises. Lab exercises are performed via direct high-speed access to a dedicated lab machine, providing responsive interaction and accessibility. Read More
- 1Reviews4CoursesQ College offers 12-week, full-time courses in web development & digital marketing in Victoria, BC. Q College aims to maintain standards of academic exce... Read MoreQ College offers 12-week, full-time courses in web development digital marketing in Victoria, BC. Q College aims to maintain standards of academic excellence for their students' future success. Students will engage in instructor-led group learning to gain essential skills for website design and development. The course teaches the most relevant software development languages in today's tech industry to help students get their foot in the door in any future tech career. By learning core skills like web design with HTML and CSS, setting up content management systems, and digital marketing strategies and tools, students will be equipped to change their careers. Applicants must successfully pass Q College's Basic Computer Skills Assessment in order to be admitted into the course. Upon successful completion of courses, students can receive a certificate or diploma. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseQueens Tech Academy offers 12-week, part-time bootcamps in web and iOS mobile development in New York City. In order to provide students with a well-rounded ... Read MoreQueens Tech Academy offers 12-week, part-time bootcamps in web and iOS mobile development in New York City. In order to provide students with a well-rounded opportunity, courses are designed to teach the foundation of evergreen web technologies along with the fundamentals, skills, and tools needed to create iOS mobile apps. Students who attend Queens Tech Academy don't have to quit their day job due to the part-time weekend structure. Instructors are all industry experts that have many years working in their respective fields. The programs all maintain a low student to instructor ratio to ensure a productive and hands-on learning environment. For the rolling admissions process, candidates are evaluated based on their abilities to solve problems, motivation to learn, and ability to collaborate. Candidates will participate in an online assessment regarding previous coding experience, skill level, and a code challenge; followed by an in-person interview. The Queens Technology Academy at The Austin Space is a unique and rewarding educational experience that focuses on education outside of the traditional classes and/or day jobs. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseAsia Developer Academy offers 3-month full-time and 6-month part-time coding bootcamp courses in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. ADA was founded by BAC Education Gr... Read MoreAsia Developer Academy offers 3-month full-time and 6-month part-time coding bootcamp courses in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. ADA was founded by BAC Education Group and iTrain mobile app development training company and covers the foundations of programming, database and cloud development, web, Android, and iOS. Read More
- 1Reviews2CoursesAhyoxsoft Technology offers part-time, 8-week Java and Android Bootcamps in Lagos, Nigeria. Students will learn to create Java technology applications with t... Read MoreAhyoxsoft Technology offers part-time, 8-week Java and Android Bootcamps in Lagos, Nigeria. Students will learn to create Java technology applications with the latest JDK Technology, and build complex and interactive android apps with Android SDK. In addition students will create intuitive interfaces with XML and Google’s latest Material Design guidelines. Ahyoxsoft Technology training is practical, structured and organized to best meet student needs and prepare them for the tech workforce. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseHacker Paradise’s Code Remote program is a full-time, 6-week full stack software engineering course in Bali, Indonesia. Code Remote is an accelerated Python ... Read MoreHacker Paradise’s Code Remote program is a full-time, 6-week full stack software engineering course in Bali, Indonesia. Code Remote is an accelerated Python program with an agile approach to teach students how to code, transform their mindset, career, and life. The course covers algorithmic thinking, data modeling, building social networking applications, and more. The Code Remote team aims to help students pinpoint their strengths and teach them how to apply their skills to develop applications that address real world challenges. With over 20 years of practical wisdom gained through software engineering and teaching, instructors combine rapid learning techniques with a unique philosophical approach to coding. Read MoreGideon
5Graduate - Course: Code Remote - Bali
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Super fast, efficient and quality serviceCheating can be so disgusting and painful i know, because i have had my own shared taste of it, endless thoughts and ideas didn't help at all until I concluded ... Read MoreCheating can be so disgusting and painful i know, because i have had my own shared taste of it, endless thoughts and ideas didn't help at all until I concluded on keeping a tab on my woman. I was lucky to get one of the best hackers out they, Hacker4wise,i contacted Support @ hacker4wise com to help hack into her phone and PC, retrieving all her external interactions with other men, I got all her call logs, text messages, emails, current and deleted messages on Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype and other social media accounts. He also helped me retrieve a couple of videos and discrete websites where she meets other men. Evidently, we broke up. I would have suffered more pain if I hadn't met a professional hacker, Fast delivery and negligible service charge. I recommend you contact him for all sorts of investigatory and hacking tasks. Mail via: Support @ hacker4wise com I'm just another satisfied customer, thank me later.... Read Less
- 1Reviews3CoursesSan José State University offers part-time, online bootcamps in cybersecurity (26 weeks), software development (26 weeks), and product management (25 weeks) ... Read MoreSan José State University offers part-time, online bootcamps in cybersecurity (26 weeks), software development (26 weeks), and product management (25 weeks) to residents of California. The Cybersecurity bootcamp covers topics like networking, Linux, Python, pen testing, threat modeling, and incident response. The Software Development bootcamp covers topics like HTML, CSS, Git, Github, React, Node.js, Express, and SQL. The Product Management bootcamp covers topics like UI/UX, product design, product marketing, and software development. San José State University Bootcamps are designed for beginners and no experience is necessary to apply. Applicants will receive a decision after completing a short assessment. San José State University Bootcamps are designed to help students land tech roles after graduation and career support is part of the curriculum. Career services include portfolio building, resume and LinkedIn profile assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation training. San José State University offers scholarships for qualifying bootcamp students. San José State University Bootcamps are powered by Fullstack Academy. Read MoreJason Lammers
5Graduate - Course: Coding (Part-Time) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: The Best Decision I've Ever MadeThis course changed my life and empowered me to be a software engineer. I was extremely lucky to have had such a fantastic instructor, Preston Wallace, and men ... Read MoreThis course changed my life and empowered me to be a software engineer. I was extremely lucky to have had such a fantastic instructor, Preston Wallace, and mentor, Jean Leconte. After I completed the program, Laura McClernon worked tirelessly to assist me in finding a job. I couldn't have done it without their expert assistance. I would recommend this course to anyone who feels stuck in life and has no idea how to escape. I had little direction in life beforehand. I am accustomed to learning on my own, but was struggling to make time for self-improvement. I needed to make an investment in my future and have a structured curriculum; I was consumed with just living day to day, surviving the daily grind, and worked long hours at low pay to provide for my family. Now, thanks to Fullstack, I can escape that cycle and improve my circumstances for myself and my family. I feel like I am in control of my life again, with a bright future ahead of me!... Read Less
- 1Reviews5CoursesCleveland State offers live online, 26-week Cybersecurity, Coding, and Data Analytics bootcamps. Classes meet virtually on some weekday evenings and Saturday... Read MoreCleveland State offers live online, 26-week Cybersecurity, Coding, and Data Analytics bootcamps. Classes meet virtually on some weekday evenings and Saturdays. Read MoreJoe Tibbals
4Graduate - Course: Cybersecurity (Part-Time) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Cyber SecurityThe instructors are good, and they are actually working in the fields that they are teaching. They share a lot of information, give real world examples and p ... Read MoreThe instructors are good, and they are actually working in the fields that they are teaching. They share a lot of information, give real world examples and put a bit of themselves into each class. After graduation, Fullstack does offer resume and interview assistance. You will learn a lot of really good and useful tools and information.... Read Less
I was working a full-time 40+ hour job while doing this online part-time bootcamp and wasn't able to do any school work while at my full-time job. Because of this I found it very difficult to keep up with the course work. They give you a lot of great information but it comes fast and it doesn't stop. I like to compare it to a speeding train and you're holding on but the train doesn't stop, it keeps flying down the track. If I fell behind, it was nearly impossible for me to catch up. I inquired about extra help but was denied and told that the 20 minutes of office hours, every 2 weeks, was enough (it wasn't). I understand they are revamping the process and offering longer office hours, so maybe that will help. I reached out to the Student Success Manager (SSM) but it seems as though they don't care if you're succeeding, just if you're failing or not. Except for the handful of quizzes in the beginning, I failed every test and yet some how I passed and graduated. It seemed that most of my cohort classmates didn't have a job or had a part-time job or a job where they could do class work when they were at their jobs. If one of those options is your situation, I say go for it, but if you are in my situation, it's going to be really difficult. It was for me anyway.
I think the ultimate success of this bootcamp is if I can get a job in the field of study. I graduated a couple weeks ago and still job hunting, so I can't really say if the bootcamp was a success or not. Working a part-time job while working a full-time job feels like 2 full-time jobs, so before you sign-up, think about your situation carefully and whether you have the time and energy to keep up with the pace for 6 months.
- 1Reviews1CourseSE Factory is a full-time, 14-week full-stack web development bootcamp in Beirut, Lebanon. Aiming to fill the tech skills gap in Lebanon, the program teaches... Read MoreSE Factory is a full-time, 14-week full-stack web development bootcamp in Beirut, Lebanon. Aiming to fill the tech skills gap in Lebanon, the program teaches students soft and technical skills in cloud architecture, back-end development, source control, front-end development, web app security and more. SE Factory has created a curriculum based on detailed analysis of market needs and top skills demanded by the digital sector. Read More
- 1Reviews2CoursesEDIT offers part-time, 3-to 6-month courses in web development, digital marketing, UX/UI design, and mobile development in Porto and Lisbon, Portugal and Mad... Read MoreEDIT offers part-time, 3-to 6-month courses in web development, digital marketing, UX/UI design, and mobile development in Porto and Lisbon, Portugal and Madrid, Spain. EDIT provides students with individual and group projects, case study analysis, workshops, and inside knowledge from tutors, guest speakers, and renowned professionals in the web and digital industry. EDIT focuses on the needs of the job market, aiming to give students a modern and competitive education. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseCoding Academy by Epitech is a 22-week, full-stack coding bootcamp in Paris, France. Coding Academy is an innovative educational initiative created by Epitec... Read MoreCoding Academy by Epitech is a 22-week, full-stack coding bootcamp in Paris, France. Coding Academy is an innovative educational initiative created by Epitech, the leading French university in programming and digital innovation. Coding Academy aims to strengthen students' technical assets for professional success as the program length is designed for those who want to become experts. Since the corporate world has become digital, Coding Academy believes it is vital to be familiar with the basics of programming to fill all technical and commercial functions of a company. The program is calibrated for coding implementation in business and after students have validated their understanding of concepts, Coding Academy shifts into high gear to help students with the job search. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseSimplon is a 6-month training program teaching Ruby on Rails in France and Romania. Simplon accepts both beginners and experienced programmers, teaching web ... Read MoreSimplon is a 6-month training program teaching Ruby on Rails in France and Romania. Simplon accepts both beginners and experienced programmers, teaching web and mobile applications using the most advanced technologies and programming languages. Graduates of Simplon will be skilled in HTML CSS, Ruby on Rails, Github, Test Drive Agile Development, Computational thinking, Web Project Management, APIs, UX design, and Lean startup principles. Simplon is free and open to anyone, as long as they're motivated. Read More