38 Best Coding Bootcamps in New Brunswick
- 1140Reviews6CoursesFounded in 2012, App Academy is a global coding bootcamp with a focus on software engineering. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, inc... Read MoreFounded in 2012, App Academy is a global coding bootcamp with a focus on software engineering. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, including an In-Person Software Engineering Program (16 weeks), a Full-Time Online Software Engineering Program (24 weeks), and a Part-Time Online Software Engineering Program (48 weeks). App Academy alumni have found Software Engineering roles at a range of start-ups and top tech companies. Read MoreKatie Han
5Graduate - Course: 16-Week Software Engineering Program - San Francisco
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Successfully break into software engineeringI chose App Academy because it was one of the few bootcamps that still offered an in-person experience. I attended App Academy’s 16-week in person software engi ... Read MoreI chose App Academy because it was one of the few bootcamps that still offered an in-person experience. I attended App Academy’s 16-week in person software engineering program in San Francisco. Being able to have your instructors there with you and pair program with your peers in-person was invaluable. If being in-person is something you can commit to, I highly recommend it!The coursework is rigorous (about 8 hrs of lectures/programming during the day and a few more hours of readings/homework at night) and the job search after is even more rigorous. But they do provide you with all the tools you need to succeed with experienced instructors, opportunities to build projects to showcase your skills, and career workshops and partnership jobs after. The in-person curriculum may be lacking Python, but App Academy prepares you to learn and implement new languages and frameworks on your own.I was previously a marketing manager with little coding experience. The job market was slow at the time I graduated App Academy and it took me 6 months to receive 2 software engineering offers. The program is tough, but definitely rewarding if you are dedicated to shifting your career into engineering.... Read Less
- 372Reviews5CoursesNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a... Read MoreNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a nationally accredited Data Science Bootcamp in the U.S that teaches both Python and R. In the program, students will learn beginner and intermediate levels of Data Science with Hadoop, Spark, Github, Docker, SQL, R, and Python packages like XgBoost, Caret, Dplyr, Ggplot2, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and more. The program distinguishes itself by balancing intensive lectures with real-world project work and the breadth of its curriculum. The academy is well known for its industry project-oriented learning experience and well-immersed community established since 2013. Read MoreGrainne O'Neill
5Graduate - Course: Online Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Landed my dream job and salaryI decided to do NYCDSA after I spent about a year trying to learn data science on my own in my free time and began feeling like I'd never get it. I did the Data ... Read MoreI decided to do NYCDSA after I spent about a year trying to learn data science on my own in my free time and began feeling like I'd never get it. I did the Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp online. I was pretty overwhelmed by the intensity of the coursework that I was watching in the video classes. I found watching the lectures and learning from them to be difficult. However, NYCDSA is extremely project based. So once I started doing the projects, the things I was learning in the lectures began making a lot more sense. The projects are where I found I learned the most and grew way more confident in my abilities. You have unlimited access to mentors to help along the way. By the end of the bootcamp I suddenly realized how much I had really learned. It was an amount that I would not have been capable of doing on my own without the bootcamp's pace pushing me, plus the help from the mentors, teachers, and fellow students. Vivian is the heart and soul of NYCDSA and is very dedicated to making sure everyone gets a job post-bootcamp. She taught me how to apply to jobs effectively, how to do coding challenges, and how to interview. She does this through one-on-one weekly meetings, weekly coding challenge practice meetings, and mock interviews, along with job search coursework. A month after I completed the bootcamp, a dream company I applied to asked me to do a coding challenge for a Data Scientist role. The bootcamp had prepared me so well that I was fully confident in my submission. I got an interview, and then I was offered the job. Vivian even helped me negotiate my salary. I could NOT have gotten this before the bootcamp, so my new salary completely compensates for the cost of the bootcamp. NYCDSA was one of the best decisions I've made for myself and has set my career on a trajectory that I used to think was not even possible for me.... Read Less
- 561Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Read MoreFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Read MoreMackoy Staloch
5Graduate - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thorough, expensive, and fast-paced.I started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role ... Read MoreI started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role where I could merge my soft skills into a more technical field. I was referred to the Flatiron program by a fellow Loan Officer who was also interested in moving into a more technical role. He convinced me that the program was worth the price tag. ($16,900 is what I paid for the start of my program.) I left my job and started the program and I haven't turned back. I graduated in late November and have accepted a position as a business analyst. As far as turnaround times go on employment, I couldn't be happier.... Read Less
One thing I would like to see more of in this program is an increased focus on SQL and visualization programs like Tableau or Power BI, as those are required for many data analyst roles. I would recommend this program for anyone who is interested in learning Python and its many libraries for data science / data analytics purposes.
- 1637Reviews38CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Read MoreBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Read MoreSayako Uei
5Student - Course: User Experience Design - Toronto
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Good for starting new careerI took UX certificate course at BrainStation for shifting my career. The course has 8 classes and they cover basic knowledge about UX design through a project. ... Read MoreI took UX certificate course at BrainStation for shifting my career. The course has 8 classes and they cover basic knowledge about UX design through a project. I felt a bit tight schedule to learn whole process of UX design in this course. We have to use Figma which is a key tool for UX design. Probably it will be a bit difficult to go through this course without Figma knowledge, but you can ask anything to learning support team with Slack. The teachers are professional, and they advised me a lot of things about my project.... Read Less
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Transformed my life and careerCodesmith was better than I could have possibly imagined. It has skyrocketed my career and income! Now I am doing work I am more passionate about and getting pa ... Read MoreCodesmith was better than I could have possibly imagined. It has skyrocketed my career and income! Now I am doing work I am more passionate about and getting paid WAY more. Totally amazing. And I was already a software engineer before joining Codesmith.The community is incredible, really supportive and I feel I have some friends for life even though the course I did was remote.The instructors are passionate and genuinely care about the students, pushing you to go the extra mile and helping out those who are struggling.The best thing about Codesmith though is how intelligent their approach is. I went to another bootcamp before Codemsith and the results were mediocre. Then I saw how Codesmith do things.They get you build something cutting edge, pushing the boundaries of programming in the field. This helps you distinguish yourself as an engineer and innovator. It puts you apart from the rest in the field.Then there is the job search support which is par excellence. They teach you how to sell yourself, communicate and negotiate in industry in the right way. This is so powerful, and now I feel like I am “in the know” as to how the industry works.Before I was sending out all the wrong signals when interviewing and marketing myself. Now I know how to position myself as a high value engineer.They also give you access to incredible people like Eric Kirsten, he helped me to negotiate an extra $25k on my salary before I had even finished the course.And then I have reused what he taught me in regards to negotiation to earn many multiples of that since.So just that advice alone was worth significantly more than the whole cost of the course.But I am also a much stronger engineer technically thanks to Codesmith. It taught me to be more ambitious technically in what I am building, so that keeps paying dividends.Most of all Codesmith was great fun (though challenging too). I did it during the pandemic remotely, and while most everyone else’s pandemic was terrible, mine was amazing thanks to Codesmith.It was one of the most productive and high growth periods of my life.And also the connections I made with other cohort members has continued to help advance me in my career long after finishing the course.So big shoutout to the whole Codesmith team, I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for what they do.... Read Less
- 636Reviews19CoursesGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career chang... Read MoreGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career change into a tech role, in as little as three months. General Assembly offers bootcamps and courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more. Read MoreShenna Mae Tan
5Student - Course: Software Engineering Immersive Bootcamp (Flex) - Singapore
Verified Via GitHub
Says: ReDiscovering CapabilitiesWent into the bootcamp rather nervous, but it turned out that the environment was such a safe space to make mistakes and learn. Students weren’t afraid to ask q ... Read MoreWent into the bootcamp rather nervous, but it turned out that the environment was such a safe space to make mistakes and learn. Students weren’t afraid to ask questions/clarify, which allowed them to gain confidence in their new skillsets. This is especially helpful for those who are doing a major career change and have a case of imposter syndome or self doubt.... Read Less
Kudos to the instructors and teaching assistance for their patience.
- 217Reviews2CoursesProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online ... Read MoreProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online in small cohorts, and the schedule is designed to fit around a work schedule. Product School’s methodology features the hands-on experience members need to build digital products and lead cross-functional teams. Instructors for the courses are Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies including Google, Meta, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon. Product School offers a community of over two million product professionals. Read MorePatrick Cheron
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and ... Read MoreProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.... Read Less
- 72Reviews6CoursesByte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Pyth... Read MoreByte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Python development, FinTech (financial technology), Data Science, Blockchain and Quant-Algos. Full-time onsite programs consist of 14 weeks; part-time programs are 24 weeks, 2 evenings per week and remote courses have flexible scheduling options. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Read MoreAdrian Heredia
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Intro to PythonAnton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and really ... Read MoreAnton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and really helped explain anything not understood by any of the students, by examples and y showing us the code. Thank you so much for the great experience.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Prepare good specialistsI am happy that I took the UX/UI Design course at Columbia University Engineering.Before making my decision, I researched many private courses and programs at o ... Read MoreI am happy that I took the UX/UI Design course at Columbia University Engineering.... Read Less
Before making my decision, I researched many private courses and programs at other universities. I can tell you that this is the most comprehensive and balanced program at a competitive fee. At others schools, you get a third of the material from this course for the same price. Another important factor is the excellent reputation of Columbia University as one of the most prestigious universities not only in the US but the world. This translates into the quality of its educational programs and teaching staff. Also, this certificate program allows one to attend classes in the evening so as not to interfere with one’s job. It’s very convenient for those working individuals who want to further develop their UX/UI skills or change their profession altogether.
Why did I choose the UX/UI Design program? I have a degree in web design, programming, and computer graphics. However, I did very little work in this area, more often as a freelancer, as this was not my main job. I received my diploma 10 years ago and a lot of what I learned then became outdated. Back then there wasn’t even a concept of UX/ UI. I decided to go back to doing UX/UI as I feel that this is an area I can excel in. Knowing what I needed to learn for my future job made it easier for me to choose this course. I advise anyone who wants to change their profession and doesn’t know where to start to sign up for Columbia Engineering UX/UI Boot Camp. I can assure you for sure that you will get a good starting base knowledge of UX/UI. During the course, you will create a personal portfolio which is not so easy to do on your own, especially if you are not familiar with web design and user research. I highly recommend Columbia Engineering UX/UI Boot Camp course!
5Graduate - New Brunswick
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Challenging and TransformativeThese 3 months were some of the hardest and longest 3 months i've ever had. I would not have been able to get through it were it not for my amazing Professor, T ... Read MoreThese 3 months were some of the hardest and longest 3 months i've ever had. I would not have been able to get through it were it not for my amazing Professor, TAs, and tutors. My professor went above and beyond for all of us. He helped us with homework and projects whenever possible and always made sure that we understood the curriculum before moving. It really was a transformative program and im happy I did it and had all the help I did. Im now more confident and ready to start a new career.... Read Less
- 58Reviews2CoursesThe Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choos... Read MoreThe Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choose between the 28-week, part-time bootcamp with nights-and-weekends sessions or the 16-week, full-time bootcamp with Monday-Friday sessions. As part of the Grace Hopper Program, students will gain knowledge and experience through a mix of live online lectures, hands-on workshops, projects, pair-programming, and more. Read MoreEm
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: A collaborative, fun, and fullstack experience.My experience at the Grace Hopper Program changed my life in a myriad of ways. Their curriculum is extremely thorough and as they say, "they will not let you fa ... Read MoreMy experience at the Grace Hopper Program changed my life in a myriad of ways. Their curriculum is extremely thorough and as they say, "they will not let you fail." I think though, that besides teaching me their specific stack, GHP really taught me how to think like a programmer. Since graduating I've been able to teach myself so many new languages and technologies because of this experience. I chose the program because I'm a nonbinary student and wanted to go somewhere where my identity would be respected, and I absolutely felt that throughout my experience. My cohortmates, fellows, and instructors were so supportive and still are even now after I've graduated. The pair programming enabled me to learn to speak technically and work with others in this new environment, and the workshops are still useful for me to go through even now that I'm an employed software engineer. I cannot recommend the Grace Hopper Program enough for any woman or nonbinary person looking to get into the technical field.... Read Less
- 41Reviews2CoursesPursuit offers an intensive, Full Stack Web Development Fellowship in New York City and online that trains adults from underserved communities to build caree... Read MorePursuit offers an intensive, Full Stack Web Development Fellowship in New York City and online that trains adults from underserved communities to build careers in the tech industry. The Pursuit Fellowship consists of two parts: one year of training (Pursuit Core) and three years of career support (Pursuit Advance). The curriculum includes three major threads: Technical Mastery, Industry Readiness, and Leadership Personal Development. On average, Fellows go from making $18,000 pre-program to over $85,000 post-program. Read MoreJohn Jones
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Web Development Nights/Weekends - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Etsy Software EngPursuit has helped changed my life by allowing me to meet others who are like-minded as me and people who can help us achieve our goals. Pursuit has provided me ... Read MorePursuit has helped changed my life by allowing me to meet others who are like-minded as me and people who can help us achieve our goals. Pursuit has provided me with the tools needed to enter the tech industry and thrive!... Read Less
- 26Reviews7CoursesTurnToTech offers full-time, 10 to 16-week mobile development and part-time, 30 to 36-week cyber security bootcamps based in New York, New York. TurnToTech a... Read MoreTurnToTech offers full-time, 10 to 16-week mobile development and part-time, 30 to 36-week cyber security bootcamps based in New York, New York. TurnToTech aims to produce well-rounded software engineers with a deep understanding of mobile platforms, app development, and cyber security. Read MoreEugenio Lopez
5Graduate - Course: Android Bootcamp - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great place to begin your software engineering path.As a former full-time Android student and current Mobile/Android Developer, I can confidently say that TurnToTech has played an immense role in starting my care ... Read More
As a former full-time Android student and current Mobile/Android Developer, I can confidently say that TurnToTech has played an immense role in starting my career as a Mobile Developer. Their bootcamp offered an immersive hands on course experience which ensured I had the skill set needed to survive in a professional Software Developer environment.
TTT's course was not the typical class room/lecture environment. It was the kind of course which engages you to constantly learn by solving problems and creating projects (I'd like to mention that this was made perfectly clear to me before I enlisted). The hands-on course work included Object Oriented Programming (OOP), problem solving with algorithms, and creating many android applications that centered around specific functions with the addition of an Internship.
As a current Android Developer, I've worked at two companies now since my departure from TurnToTech; and I cant stress how similar the course work is to what I've faced on the job. To clarify what I mean, I'll give a quick rundown of how finding and working at a Mobile/Android developer role is like.
1) To get an interview, you need a resume depicting projects you've worked on as a Software Engineer. Thus my resume (I'll note here that I was a recent Nursing grad and the only job exp I had was at the Home Depot) compromised of small android applications which TTT's course provided to create and that I continued adding onto(polished them and added my own features), the internship project at TTT which I got to work within a dev team of fellow students under the instructor who I say acted as a product manager/lead developer, and my own small application which the instructors were more than happy to encourage/help me create.
2) To pass the interview, you'll usually need to answer various Android (or w/e you specialize in) questions as well as solve an algorithm challenge/s. Both of these topics I covered within the course. As mentioned, TTT's course includes a dive into solving algorithms and learning about multiple data structures. And besides creating multiple Android apps pertaining to all the major Android components, the course provides multiple quizzes (open ended and multiple choice) to help solidify your understanding over a specific topic. In addition, the intstructors themselves offer mock interviews that are similar to what you'll face in real life.
3) Once you get a job in any Software engineering role, you'll quickly realize how there isn't a one solution to fix all problems. You'll constantly be problem solving all day every day; and that is what I believe TTT excels at the most. TTT teaches you how to create/find the answers yourself. By being a bootcamp, which encourages students to become self-proficient, they prepare you for the everyday environment where you're expected to produce without much help.
To wrap things up, the experience I got at TTT was great. For the negative reviews regarding the nature of the course, those people missed the point of the bootcamp. This wasnt a standard college course substitute. TTT was a place that accepted me with zero software development knowledge then prepared me for a software developer job in under a year. So yes, if you attend this course and have a question about a problem you're stuck on and the instructor kindly encourages you to find the answer on StackOverflow, its because thats what you'll be doing every day within your software developer career.... Read Less
- 17Reviews1CoursePrincipal Analytics Prep offers a 12-week, full-time and 12-week part-time data specialist bootcamps in New York City. The data bootcamps cover Python, R, st... Read MorePrincipal Analytics Prep offers a 12-week, full-time and 12-week part-time data specialist bootcamps in New York City. The data bootcamps cover Python, R, statistical reasoning, machine learning, SQL, data visualization, and more. Seeking to assemble small classes of highly motivated individuals who have a promising future in the data science and business analytics, Principal Analytics Prep wants to give students a solid launchpad for their new career. The 12-week Certified Data Specialist immersion program is a full-throttle educational experience, featuring full days of lectures, occasional guest speakers, social activities and career counseling sessions. Instructors are industry veterans from large and small companies, a variety of industries, and a mix of academic backgrounds. Read MoreRJ Hardeman, MSLIS
5Graduate - Course: Certified Data Specialist - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Vote Yes for Principal Analytics PrepI have completed the Summer 2019 cohort and recommend Principal Analytics Prep for a thorough immersion into the various competencies needed to be a data scienc ... Read More
I have completed the Summer 2019 cohort and recommend Principal Analytics Prep for a thorough immersion into the various competencies needed to be a data science professional. Big data is everywhere, growing and overgrowing the ability for normal business to analyze and predict. We need to know how to step into the big data arena and offer our best services. With Principal Analytics Prep, small class size, top-notch instructors and founder Kaiser Fung’s industry perspective provide the best way to gain the skills needed. There is no shortcut to fully understanding the concepts. Its up to you to keep up with assignments and manage your accomplishments, but you will receive the information, tools and be able to develop a game plan for success. I enjoyed my instructors, classmates and real-world guest speakers and actually maintained an ever-expanding database of my newly acquired skills. If you have done your due diligence and this is where you want to be, you will not be disappointed.... Read Less
- 26Reviews9CoursesShillington School is a graphic design bootcamp offering 12-week full-time and 36-week part-time courses with campuses in New York, London, Manchester, Sydne... Read MoreShillington School is a graphic design bootcamp offering 12-week full-time and 36-week part-time courses with campuses in New York, London, Manchester, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and online. Shillington is focused on the entire design process, and instructors take students through the design process from beginning to end, integrating idea generation, technical knowledge, and studio skill. Students will also learn design theory, typography, and packaging for mobile app design, and user experience (UX). Read MoreDaniel Crossley
5Student - Course: (UK) Full-Time Graphic Design Course - Manchester
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: My experienceMy Shillington experience was incredible. Every day working on new challenging briefs that taught me specific skills I needed to be a graphic designer but while ... Read MoreMy Shillington experience was incredible. Every day working on new challenging briefs that taught me specific skills I needed to be a graphic designer but while learning in a way that is identical to what I encounter now, Skills that I use day in and day out I really wouldn't be where I am today without it. Since Shillington I've worked as a designer now for 5 years and loving every second, freelancing for companies like the BBC I couldn't recommend Shillington more.... Read Less
5 - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: International students experience of the backend Python CourseCode Immersives really isn't a bootcamp, It's a school and so far one of the best schools I have attended. Not only do they take everybody in mind ( from people ... Read MoreCode Immersives really isn't a bootcamp, It's a school and so far one of the best schools I have attended. Not only do they take everybody in mind ( from people with no experience to people with a lot of experience) but they also are just really there to provide you with industry knowledge to get you out in the job market. As an international student I was hesitant at first thinking about the whole paper work I would have to fill in but Tom my DSO and Anthony helped me every step of the way not only did they guide me through the process but once the course started were they available pretty much to answer any of my concerns. Then talking about the teachers they all come from various backgrounds in the industry and have so much knowledge about the industry standards that it is often so interesting to hear them explain concepts and see how they approach problems (shout out to my teachers Rashaan and Kelvin they really thought me so much). This doesn't take away from the fact that you will always have to put in the work to learn the concepts you see in class and to review and I guess 'do your homework'. If you are hesitant about joining a course or bootcamp then don't cause like I said code Immersives provides so much more then that. I am finishing up my last term right now and am excited to get started in the job market. If you have any questions about the course feel free to reach out to me.... Read Less
- 67Reviews12CoursesData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, a... Read MoreData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, and provides comprehensive, hands-on training that helps students jump into practical data science, including R programming, AWS, and Azure tools. The in-person course can be completed in five days, and the online course can be completed within 14 weeks. Bootcamp students are trained in machine learning concepts, and deploy predictive models as a service, complete an IoT (Internet of Things) project, and enter a Kaggle competition. The curriculum is taught by experienced data scientists covering both data science and data engineering. All students participate in an in-class Kaggle competition against their peers. Read MoreTatyana S.
5Graduate - Course: Remote Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp - Seattle
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: 16 Week Remote DSDojo Bootcamp16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thoroug ... Read More16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thorough. The lessons and homework flow very intuitively. The modules covered build on concepts in a way that really helps with understanding. The instructors really promote class interaction which is good for tackling these topics in such a short time, getting our engagement rather than simply lecturing at us. They also encourage participation in a class Kaggle competition, which helps with additional free-form practical application of the concepts covered in class (plus some friendly competition for motivation). Most importantly, the instructors are very interactive, hands on, and passionate. They want to see every cohort succeed in their learning and you can see the labor of love that goes into teaching us, providing quality content both in the sessions and via the course site. This really sets them apart from other bootcamps, especially those provided online.... Read Less
The course covers all the hot topics in the Data Science field, grounding in the perspective that the bootcamp is looking to prepare students with a broad range of experiences. I appreciate the context they provide and the thought that went into exposing us to a little bit of everything and the skills to jump in.
- 26Reviews1CourseJigsaw Labs is a data engineering bootcamp taught part-time and online. Jigsaw Labs offers a 24-week Data Engineering Bootcamp and a 12-week Web Development ... Read MoreJigsaw Labs is a data engineering bootcamp taught part-time and online. Jigsaw Labs offers a 24-week Data Engineering Bootcamp and a 12-week Web Development Bootcamp with Python. In the Data Engineering bootcamp, students will learn backend programming (Python, SQL, Flask and testing), how to work with professional codebases, DevOps (AWS, Docker), and data pipelines (Pyspark, Airflow, Redshift, DBT). The Web Development with Python course curriculum covers Python, OOP, SQL, Flask, and Dashboards. Read MoreSeena Sardashti
5Graduate - Course: Data Engineering Career Course - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Process over python"Process over python" was a quote that the instructor Jeff reinforced throughout the course. Yes we learned the technical knowledge of python for building ETL p ... Read More
"Process over python" was a quote that the instructor Jeff reinforced throughout the course. Yes we learned the technical knowledge of python for building ETL pipelines from scratch, but Jigsaw also teaches you how to think like a programmer and approach problems using data engineering logic. You stop worrying about if you can solve something, and start breaking down a coding challenge piece by piece using the Jigsaw curriculum's methodology and principles that utilize python's incredible programming logic of data type transformations, functions, inheritance, etc. so you're prepared for any data engineering position. The course materials are 100% dedicated to data engineering, and Jeff is supported by incredible TAs that circulate rooms so that you're never stuck. Finally, the externship finishes off the immersive and the hands on experience was invaluable and tied everything together. The job support continues indefinitely beyond the course as well. Finally, my cohort was wonderful and we all learned as a team and I look forward to maintaining those genuine connections.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Web Design Certificate (NYC or Online) - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 5Reviews1CourseBeginex is a selective, 15-week, part-time UX career accelerator taught live online from New York City. Beginex was designed by industry experts to help cand... Read MoreBeginex is a selective, 15-week, part-time UX career accelerator taught live online from New York City. Beginex was designed by industry experts to help candidates transition into UX and is compatible with a regular work schedule. The program is mentored by experienced UX practitioners from companies like Etsy, LearnVest, ThoughtWorks and Google. The curriculum is based on real social impact projects with real clients. Candidates admitted to the program build skills and real experience, expand their professional networks and learn how to prepare and find a UX job. Read MoreKristen Domenico
5Graduate - Course: UX Design Career Accelerator w/ Real Mission-Driven Clients - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thank you, Beginex!So.... my story is that I was a graphic design student back in the day, and landed a print design job. After a few years, we ALL know what happened with print d ... Read MoreSo.... my story is that I was a graphic design student back in the day, and landed a print design job. After a few years, we ALL know what happened with print design (rip) so I was forced to reconsider my career. I went ahead and looked around at what I could do and how I could pivot. Turns out, there was no such school at that time to teach me how to bridge the gap of knowledge I had and what I wanted to learn to further my career at the time, so I bartended. For a LONG time. All the way through the pandemic actually! I learned a TON about people and had fun, BUT it wasn't ideal.... Read Less
Then I read about Beginex. I wasn't sure about it, so I spoke with the director. He was super informative on the process, and how it worked, and was very clear about the education model he used (which is genius and more schools should follow this imho)
Here's the deal. Essentially, I got real life experience in UX with a REAL company, on a REAL job with the help of mentors who are established in the field. What a great idea! So I of course signed up. (Also I heard that when people go to other bootcamps, the portfolios are very 'student work' looking, and usually have similar fake projects that hiring managers tend to pick up on.)
I am now (within 2 years mind you) a Senior UX.UI designer, at a very large company, and am making really good $$. It was hard work on my part to get where I'm at, but Beginex DEFINITELY made it possible.
I am 1000% thrilled that I made the choice to go through Beginex, and I am forever grateful as it honestly transformed my life, my mentality, and my confidence. HUGELY recommend!
- 46Reviews10CoursesJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online.... Read MoreJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online. The JUMP curriculum covers Salesforce, React, and ETL. JUMP bootcamp was founded by Cognixia, a digital transformation and training company, and its mission is to bridge the gap between the demand for qualified IT professionals and the supply of qualified tech workers. Students work, learn, and train with industry experts who have led tech companies. JUMP is committed to the career success of its students and does this through projects that help them understand the implementation of technology in real-life situations. Students will also learn soft skills, such as how to navigate the nuances of work-life and other interpersonal abilities that will make them more attractive to prospective employers. JUMP's Coaching Service helps with resume formatting, interview best practices, and professional self-development. Read MoreAndrew Smith
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Informative, Friendly, Progress drivenI have nothing but positive things to say about the JUMP experience! When I got my bachelors, it was more of a focus on the core fundamentals of Computer Scienc ... Read MoreI have nothing but positive things to say about the JUMP experience! When I got my bachelors, it was more of a focus on the core fundamentals of Computer Science. It was not really informative in terms of how I was going to be utilizing these skills in the work force. Going through the python JUMP course I was taught many different tools such as pandas, pyspark and AWS. These tools have given me a much better idea of what I can actually do in the work force as well as what I was going to be doing.... Read Less
The staff has also been nothing less than friendly and cooperative for anything that I asked from them. They definitely gave off the vibe that they are there to help me grow as a programmer from the very first day to the last day of the program.
5Graduate - Course: Web Development - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Full Stack Web Developer CertificateI just finished the full stack bootcamp and have been speaking to an extensive network of alumni and career advisors to help prepare for interviews(technical an ... Read More
I just finished the full stack bootcamp and have been speaking to an extensive network of alumni and career advisors to help prepare for interviews(technical and non technical), resume help and job search! This bootcamp has taught me so much and am so grateful I found this program to continue my journey in tech as a minority.
Not only do they help you learn outside the tech curriculum, but they help direct you to a wide array of resources and generate a career game plan such as what frameworks to learns and next steps towards reaching my goals.
They also have a ton of other information on their blog:
https://laguardiatechhire.wordpress.com/... Read Less
- 1Reviews2CoursesThe Recurse Center is a three-month, full-time school in New York for becoming a better programer. It is free and provides space, structure, time to focus, a... Read MoreThe Recurse Center is a three-month, full-time school in New York for becoming a better programer. It is free and provides space, structure, time to focus, and a built-in community of smart builders dedicated to self-improvement. The Recurse Center is entirely project-based and self-directed. Paticipants are expected to start with at least a general programming proficiency as everyone in the program is a teacher and has something to share with their peers. Applicants should genuinely enjoy programming, and they are looking for curiosity, passion, raw intelligence and a desire to build things. Read More
- 1Reviews1CourseQueens Tech Academy offers 12-week, part-time bootcamps in web and iOS mobile development in New York City. In order to provide students with a well-rounded ... Read MoreQueens Tech Academy offers 12-week, part-time bootcamps in web and iOS mobile development in New York City. In order to provide students with a well-rounded opportunity, courses are designed to teach the foundation of evergreen web technologies along with the fundamentals, skills, and tools needed to create iOS mobile apps. Students who attend Queens Tech Academy don't have to quit their day job due to the part-time weekend structure. Instructors are all industry experts that have many years working in their respective fields. The programs all maintain a low student to instructor ratio to ensure a productive and hands-on learning environment. For the rolling admissions process, candidates are evaluated based on their abilities to solve problems, motivation to learn, and ability to collaborate. Candidates will participate in an online assessment regarding previous coding experience, skill level, and a code challenge; followed by an in-person interview. The Queens Technology Academy at The Austin Space is a unique and rewarding educational experience that focuses on education outside of the traditional classes and/or day jobs. Read More
5Graduate - Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) - Paris
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: highly trained bootcampBootcamp very formative, which allows to feel confident in its ability to practice this profession quickly after the end of the latter.Mostly focus on UX side o ... Read MoreBootcamp very formative, which allows to feel confident in its ability to practice this profession quickly after the end of the latter.... Read Less
Mostly focus on UX side of the work. You will learn to use tools like Figma but these are tools you can went up in skills by yourself.
What's really nice with ironhack it's that the projects you're working on are done in collaboration with real companies or projects. This help to have your first network in this sector or even it's help to find your first job as a product designer (was my case :) ).
The other students are your future colleagues because the sector is a small world don't forget that :)