Queens Tech Academy
Queens Tech Academy offers 12-week, part-time bootcamps in web and iOS mobile development in New York City. In order to provide students with a well-rounded opportunity, courses are designed to teach the foundation of evergreen web technologies along with the fundamentals, skills, and tools needed to create iOS mobile apps. Students who attend Queens Tech Academy don't have to quit their day job due to the part-time weekend structure. Instructors are all industry experts that have many years working in their respective fields. The programs all maintain a low student to instructor ratio to ensure a productive and hands-on learning environment. For the rolling admissions process, candidates are evaluated based on their abilities to solve problems, motivation to learn, and ability to collaborate. Candidates will participate in an online assessment regarding previous coding experience, skill level, and a code challenge; followed by an in-person interview. The Queens Technology Academy at The Austin Space is a unique and rewarding educational experience that focuses on education outside of the traditional classes and/or day jobs.
Recent Queens Tech Academy News
Recent Queens Tech Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0
New York City
The mobile development track is designed to teach students the skills and tools needed to become a professional iOS developer. Students will learn the following: Basic algorithms and data structures - Github and versioning - Swift fundamentals - Xcode - Networking and third party APIs
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
Queens Tech Academy Reviews
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
I took a class at the Austin Space this past fall and all I can say is that this space is AMAZING. In addition to being in a super trendy area and being an immaculate space, the teacher Benny Tan is outstanding. I was enrolled in his iOS Development course, and he was a fantastic teacher and mentor. I walked into the class with not that much coding experience, and within 3 short months now find myself able to program full, complex iOS apps. His class was engaging and he was able to simplify concepts into digestible bits of information that I could practice and master on my own time. He made me feel very comfortable, always asking me if I had any questions to ensure I was on pace with the curriculum. He was also diligent, organized, and ensured we covered every bit of material listed on the course syllabus. I would HIGHLY recommend any class taught at the Austin Space. I'd sign up for a course if you haven't done so already.
Our latest on Queens Tech Academy
Missed out on coding bootcamp news in April? Never fear, Course Report is here! We’ve collected everything in this handy blog post and podcast. This month, we read about why outcomes reporting is useful for students, how a number of schools are working to boost their diversity with scholarships, we heard about student experiences at bootcamp, plus we added a bunch of interesting new schools to the Course Report school directory! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →