Technology & Media School
Technology & Media School is a New York City bootcamp that offers full-time, in-person programs in computer programming, financial technology, digital marketing, and web design. With its robust, intensive curriculum, most courses require about one year to complete except the digital marketing course which wraps up after 11 weeks. Primary languages learned are C, C++, Java, and Python. Technology & Media School is an affiliate of IONIS Schools, founded in 2009 and whose mission is to encourage learning through applicable, real-life projects.
Candidates are interviewed by both a recruiter and the Director of Admissions. Most courses are meant for beginners; however, courses like Programming 2 and Financial Technology require previous programming experience.
Within this project-based learning environment, class sizes are kept small to ensure continuous interaction between instructors and students. Each day begins with an instructor-led lecture regarding theory or a demonstration on the use of a specific technique or tool, and then students use the remainder of the day to work on their own projects. Instructors are on hand to help and give feedback. Although the curriculum is focused on student-created projects, student work is also evaluated by quizzes and tests.
To prepare students for a competitive job market, Technology & Media School develops a goal sheet with each student and teaches students how to perform a systematic job search. The school stages mock interview sessions and offers resume review. When applicable, Technology & Media School shares possible job leads from its own professional network with students. Graduates from the program receive a diploma.
Recent Technology & Media School Reviews: Rating
Recent Technology & Media School News
- MySQL, C#, .NET, Unity, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, Artificial Intelligence, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time28 Hours/week52 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,000 Class size 20 Location New York CityThe objective of this two-year program is to provide students with the knowledge, skills and hands-on training required to operate at a professional level in programming, computer languages, networking, operating systems and systems administration. The program is assignment-driven so that students who complete it successfully will have the skills required to work as a developer and system administrator in a wide range of economic sectors. They will master the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and analysis and be proficient in a number of programming languages, such as C, C++, C#, Java and Python or with the help of Microsoft’s .Net framework.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
- Data Analytics , Data Structures, Crypocurrency, Business Intelligence, SQL, Python
In PersonPart Time20 Hours/week32 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,000 Class size 20 Location New York CityYou already master back-end programming skills that allow you to code proficiently for enterprises that are dealing with a huge volume of data. You want to work in the financial industry, a diversified sector that has historically pioneered innovations in technology. You’ll acquire the knowledge of the industry where you want to work.
Minimum Skill Level Master back-end programming skills that allow you to code proficiently for enterprises dealing with a large volumes of data. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,000 Class size 20 Location New York CityThe course spans two semesters and has four sections with 8 modules. It includes extensive use of Adobe Creative Cloud suite and seeks to bring students to a level where they are sufficiently proficient in the use of these software to create visual content pour the web, whether it is for a company, a publication or an association. The teacher will explain the software’s many functionalities and guide students through their use with the support of Adobe video tutorials as needed.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
0 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.