LaGuardia TechHire - Open Code
LaGuardia TechHire-OpenCode is meant for young adults who are seeking to pivot into the Tech Industry. No prior coding experience is required, but candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the program set out by the U.S. Department of Labor. If eligible, a candidate’s next step is to fill out an online form. They will then need to pass a screening process, which includes a test and interview. A candidate must also attend an information session as part of the application process. If accepted, they will be informed on when to begin.
All students receive job search assistance and will be connected to an employer network of large companies and startups, and internship opportunities. LaGuardia TechHire-OpenCode is funded by a highly selective grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, and the result of a White House initiative under President Barack Obama called TechHire. Graduates of the program represent an extraordinarily talented and diverse group of tech professionals that includes a former solution engineer at Salesforce and a U.S. Chess Champion.
Recent LaGuardia TechHire - Open Code Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent LaGuardia TechHire - Open Code News
- Network Security
In PersonFull Time110 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $0 Class size 50 Location New York CityFree Comptia Network Plus training individuals 17-29 years old Funded by the US Department of Labor to meet NYC CyberSecurity Incentive
Minimum Skill Level No prior coding experience is required, but candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the program set out by the U.S. Department of Labor. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
LaGuardia TechHire - Open Code Reviews
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Full Stack Web Developer Certificate- 6/11/2019Angie Chang • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: New York City • Verified via LinkedIn
I just finished the full stack bootcamp and have been speaking to an extensive network of alumni and career advisors to help prepare for interviews(technical and non technical), resume help and job search! This bootcamp has taught me so much and am so grateful I found this program to continue my journey in tech as a minority.
Not only do they help you learn outside the tech curriculum, but they help direct you to a wide array of resources and generate a career game plan such as what frameworks to learns and next steps towards reaching my goals.
They also have a ton of other information on their blog: