388 Best Git Bootcamps
- 2764Reviews14CoursesBrussels, Lille, Nantes, Montreal, and 34 more...Lyon, Tokyo, Shanghai, Marseille, Bali, Berlin, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Lisbon, Rennes, Zurich, Madrid, Lausanne, Singapore, Paris, Munich, Dubai, Santiago, Nice, Cologne, Casablanca, London, Mauritius, Bordeaux, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Online, Porto, Cape Town, Toulouse, SydneyLe Wagon is a global tech training provider that offers full-time, in-person and online bootcamps in Web Development, Data Science, and Data Analytics. Le Wa... Read MoreLe Wagon is a global tech training provider that offers full-time, in-person and online bootcamps in Web Development, Data Science, and Data Analytics. Le Wagon also offers part-time courses in Web Analytics, Python Machine Learning, Growth Data Automation, and Data Analytics Essentials. Le Wagon is aimed at individuals seeking to change careers or acquire specific skills. Le Wagon’s training has helped more than 18,000 students accelerate their careers, transition into tech, or launch startups. Le Wagon was founded in 2013 in Paris, and now has in-person campuses in over 40 cities and 25 countries. Read MoreSami
5Graduate - Course: Web Development Bootcamp - Full-time - Barcelona
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Very goodVery well explained, organized and amazing team! It was challenging at the beggining but is it worth while! Amazing instalations and helpfull teachers. I would ... Read MoreVery well explained, organized and amazing team! It was challenging at the beggining but is it worth while! Amazing instalations and helpfull teachers. I would recomend it to everyone who wants to learn about programming and tech in general... Read Less
5Student - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Best coding bootcampNucamp web development fundamentals coding bootcamp is really great choice for people who do not know anything about coding and just starting this path. They ... Read MoreNucamp web development fundamentals coding bootcamp is really great choice for people who do not know anything about coding and just starting this path. They have very simple teaching methods with easy to understand learning lectures and workshops so you start your coding journey with excitement.... Read Less
I definitely recommend Nucamp web development fundamentals bootcamp to anyone with any kind of knowledge who also looking to get some little idea if coding is the right way to go with..
- 1620Reviews38CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Read MoreBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Read MoreAnthony Quispe
5Graduate - Course: Software Engineering Bootcamp - Miami
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Best School Experience/ life experience I ever hadI recently completed the software engineering bootcamp, and it was truly an amazing experience. Not only did I gain valuable knowledge and skills in the field, ... Read MoreI recently completed the software engineering bootcamp, and it was truly an amazing experience. Not only did I gain valuable knowledge and skills in the field, but I also had the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who felt like family. The sense of community and support was incredible, and I made lifelong friends in the industry.... Read Less
The bootcamp provided a comprehensive curriculum that covered all the essential topics in software engineering. From coding languages to software development methodologies, I learned practical skills that have significantly boosted my confidence in pursuing a software engineering career.
The instructors were knowledgeable, passionate, and dedicated to helping us succeed. They fostered a positive learning environment where questions were encouraged, and hands-on projects allowed us to apply what we learned. The guidance and mentorship I received throughout the bootcamp were invaluable.
One aspect I particularly appreciated was the emphasis on real-world projects. We had the opportunity to work on industry-relevant projects, which not only enhanced our technical skills but also provided us with valuable portfolio pieces to showcase our abilities to potential employers.
Overall, I highly recommend this software engineering bootcamp. It provided an excellent learning experience, a supportive community, and the confidence I needed to pursue a career in software engineering. I am now equipped with the knowledge and skills to confidently apply for software engineering jobs. Thank you to the entire bootcamp team for an unforgettable journey!
- 1459Reviews11CoursesSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online progra... Read MoreSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, tech sales, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through regular video calls. Read MorePrakesh Sindhuliya
5Graduate - Course: UI / UX Design Career Track - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great curriculumI found the Springboard curriculum to be well organized and its self paced too. I could easily manage study time in between my work days. Student support, caree ... Read MoreI found the Springboard curriculum to be well organized and its self paced too. I could easily manage study time in between my work days. Student support, career support, weekly mentor calls, office hours, on-demand 1:1 mentor calls have been great. Course materials, Capstone projects and Industry Design Project let me prepare for my career in UI/UX Design.... Read Less
- 1394Reviews6CoursesCareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, data analytics, digital... Read MoreCareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, data analytics, digital marketing, and product management. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. Read MoreWai Fan Zhong
5Student - Course: UX Design Program - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Works with any scheduleThe reason why I chose to join to CF was because I can do my work anytime I have free time, I have been sending info request to a lot of schools but none of the ... Read MoreThe reason why I chose to join to CF was because I can do my work anytime I have free time, I have been sending info request to a lot of schools but none of them works with my schedule, my tutor and mentor are helping me a lot with my study too.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: SheCodes Basics - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Simple and Fun - that's how I'd describe SheCode course!I have just graduated from the SheCode Basics and have already jumped on the Plus workshop!It's such an easy way to learn coding with your own pace (that's comi ... Read MoreI have just graduated from the SheCode Basics and have already jumped on the Plus workshop!... Read Less
It's such an easy way to learn coding with your own pace (that's coming from an ADHD student), I've just put a 1.5 speed and got trough all the classes in a blast.
I love the fact that each lesson has a challenge and you can't go forward if you don't complete it (instead of just a final project for example), makes my brain cells work even harder!
Highly recommended, 10/10 for newbies to coding like me!
- 1138Reviews6CoursesFounded in 2012, App Academy is a global coding bootcamp with a focus on software engineering. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, inc... Read MoreFounded in 2012, App Academy is a global coding bootcamp with a focus on software engineering. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, including an In-Person Software Engineering Program (16 weeks), a Full-Time Online Software Engineering Program (24 weeks), and a Part-Time Online Software Engineering Program (52 weeks). App Academy alumni have found Software Engineering roles at a range of start-ups and top tech companies. Read MoreEfrain Saldana
5Graduate - Course: 24-Week Online Software Engineering Program (Full Time) - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A Job-Focused Bootcamp with a Proven Track RecordI recently completed App Academy's bootcamp and I can say without hesitation that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The curriculum was challengin ... Read MoreI recently completed App Academy's bootcamp and I can say without hesitation that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The curriculum was challenging but comprehensive, and the instructors were top-notch. They provided great support and guidance throughout the program, and their industry experience really shone through in their instruction.What really sets App Academy apart, however, is their job search support. They provide excellent resources and personalized guidance to help you land a job after graduation. Thanks to their help, I was able to secure a great position shortly after completing the program.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) - Paris
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: highly trained bootcampBootcamp very formative, which allows to feel confident in its ability to practice this profession quickly after the end of the latter.Mostly focus on UX side o ... Read MoreBootcamp very formative, which allows to feel confident in its ability to practice this profession quickly after the end of the latter.... Read Less
Mostly focus on UX side of the work. You will learn to use tools like Figma but these are tools you can went up in skills by yourself.
What's really nice with ironhack it's that the projects you're working on are done in collaboration with real companies or projects. This help to have your first network in this sector or even it's help to find your first job as a product designer (was my case :) ).
The other students are your future colleagues because the sector is a small world don't forget that :)
- 916Reviews9CoursesThinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs... Read MoreThinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q sessions with industry professionals. Read MoreLindsey
5Student - Course: Engineering Immersion - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Software ImmersionThinkful was so helpful and I believe it was the solid foundation and starting point of my software development journey. I enjoyed studying with them and I fel ... Read MoreThinkful was so helpful and I believe it was the solid foundation and starting point of my software development journey. I enjoyed studying with them and I felt like it was thorough and the lessons were on point with relativity and being complete.... Read Less
Highly recommend to anyone starting out as a developer.
- 763Reviews14CoursesCorrelation One offers a part-time, live online Data Science For All bootcamp taught by instructors from universities, such as Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Bo... Read MoreCorrelation One offers a part-time, live online Data Science For All bootcamp taught by instructors from universities, such as Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Bootcamp classes are taught on Saturdays from 10 am to 8 pm. The total weekly time commitment, including out of class work, is approximately 15 hours. Data Science For All students will work in small teams on projects to solve real world data and AI challenges. Students will create a project to showcase their skills to potential employers. Read MoreAmenah Hammad
5Graduate - Course: DS4A / Jordan - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A Fruitful Experience at DS4A/JordanRotating at different courses and campuses for more than a year, finally landed a cohort that has exactly what I was looking for for Data science and Analytics. ... Read MoreRotating at different courses and campuses for more than a year, finally landed a cohort that has exactly what I was looking for for Data science and Analytics. A very well structured and organized program, Amazing lead instructors who give their best to make sure we can absorb the greatest amount of knowledge, very cooperating TAs, and fellows with different backgrounds which makes the learning experience even more valuable. Never expected that I might find a program that is all online with this spectacular quality. Great lectures, content and organizers. Hats up for all whom gave their effort to make this piece of art.... Read Less
- 632Reviews19CoursesGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career chang... Read MoreGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career change into a tech role, in as little as three months. General Assembly offers bootcamps and courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more. Read MoreCalvin Nicholas Moldenhauer
5Graduate - Course: Software Engineering Immersive Bootcamp (Flex) - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A Life-Changing Experience: Full Stack Engineering Boot CampGeneral Assembly's Full Stack Engineering Boot Camp has been an absolute game-changer for me. The program not only helped me establish a strong online presence ... Read MoreGeneral Assembly's Full Stack Engineering Boot Camp has been an absolute game-changer for me. The program not only helped me establish a strong online presence but also provided me with the skills and confidence to pursue a brighter future.... Read Less
From the knowledgeable instructors to the hands-on approach, every aspect of the boot camp exceeded my expectations. The instructors were passionate and experienced, ensuring that I gained a solid understanding of full stack engineering. The hands-on projects allowed me to apply my knowledge and develop practical skills, preparing me for real-world scenarios.
What truly stood out during the boot camp was the sense of community and support. Collaborating with peers on group projects and participating in code reviews created a dynamic learning environment. The camaraderie and collective growth within the cohort were invaluable, fostering connections that will last beyond the program.
Overall, General Assembly's Full Stack Engineering Boot Camp has provided me with a solid foundation, valuable skills, and a network of like-minded professionals. I am confident that the program has positioned me for success and a brighter future, whether it be through competitive job opportunities or fulfilling career prospects.
- 624Reviews39CoursesUdacity offers Nanodegrees which are online immersive full-time and part-time programs, ranging from 12-24 weeks in length for students worldwide. Nanodegree... Read MoreUdacity offers Nanodegrees which are online immersive full-time and part-time programs, ranging from 12-24 weeks in length for students worldwide. Nanodegree courses are available in subjects like data science, artificial intelligence, programming, autonomous systems, business, and cloud computing. Udacity's approach to talent transformation incorporates projects based on real-world scenarios, guided by personalized mentor support with a focus on in-demand digital competencies in areas like AI, cloud computing, cybersecurity, programming, data science, and more. The custom learning program enables students to learn at their own pace, and manage monthly payments for their programs to fit their budgets. Read MoreEslam Mustafa
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Web Developer - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: very nice programIt's a very nice program, but also challenging 🌹There are useful references and professors who explain well, when I submit the projects I catch what I've been ... Read MoreIt's a very nice program, but also challenging 🌹... Read Less
There are useful references and professors who explain well, when I submit the projects I catch what I've been missing out on
It was a very wonderful experience with Udacity and I am definitely honored to have a certificate from them ♥
5Graduate - Course: Software Development Online Full-Time - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: this is a BOOTCAMPAs an individual coming from NO computer background what-so-ever, I want to share my experiences.First of all, I have a great support system at home that allow ... Read MoreAs an individual coming from NO computer background what-so-ever, I want to share my experiences.... Read Less
First of all, I have a great support system at home that allowed me to focus 100% on this course for 4 months. I was able to take a recourse to prepare me for the full-time program.
The first month was HARD. I thought I was going to give up. The assignments are fast, and I spent all of my free time studying. It was difficult not to compare where I stood to others in my class. At my toughest moment, I reached out to my Career Services Manager and my TA. They both helped encourage me and offer support when I needed them.
I would say the most important take-aways for those looking to join the bootcamp: Make sure you have a support system. Don't compare yourself to others in the class. Stay dedicated and find the motivation behind why you're doing this.
Coding Dojo has great resources throughout the course, that continue on for 6 months after you graduate. There is also an option to pay more for a yearly alumni pass.
- 561Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Read MoreFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Read MoreMackoy Staloch
5Graduate - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thorough, expensive, and fast-paced.I started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role ... Read MoreI started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role where I could merge my soft skills into a more technical field. I was referred to the Flatiron program by a fellow Loan Officer who was also interested in moving into a more technical role. He convinced me that the program was worth the price tag. ($16,900 is what I paid for the start of my program.) I left my job and started the program and I haven't turned back. I graduated in late November and have accepted a position as a business analyst. As far as turnaround times go on employment, I couldn't be happier.... Read Less
One thing I would like to see more of in this program is an increased focus on SQL and visualization programs like Tableau or Power BI, as those are required for many data analyst roles. I would recommend this program for anyone who is interested in learning Python and its many libraries for data science / data analytics purposes.
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Transformed my life and careerCodesmith was better than I could have possibly imagined. It has skyrocketed my career and income! Now I am doing work I am more passionate about and getting pa ... Read MoreCodesmith was better than I could have possibly imagined. It has skyrocketed my career and income! Now I am doing work I am more passionate about and getting paid WAY more. Totally amazing. And I was already a software engineer before joining Codesmith.The community is incredible, really supportive and I feel I have some friends for life even though the course I did was remote.The instructors are passionate and genuinely care about the students, pushing you to go the extra mile and helping out those who are struggling.The best thing about Codesmith though is how intelligent their approach is. I went to another bootcamp before Codemsith and the results were mediocre. Then I saw how Codesmith do things.They get you build something cutting edge, pushing the boundaries of programming in the field. This helps you distinguish yourself as an engineer and innovator. It puts you apart from the rest in the field.Then there is the job search support which is par excellence. They teach you how to sell yourself, communicate and negotiate in industry in the right way. This is so powerful, and now I feel like I am “in the know” as to how the industry works.Before I was sending out all the wrong signals when interviewing and marketing myself. Now I know how to position myself as a high value engineer.They also give you access to incredible people like Eric Kirsten, he helped me to negotiate an extra $25k on my salary before I had even finished the course.And then I have reused what he taught me in regards to negotiation to earn many multiples of that since.So just that advice alone was worth significantly more than the whole cost of the course.But I am also a much stronger engineer technically thanks to Codesmith. It taught me to be more ambitious technically in what I am building, so that keeps paying dividends.Most of all Codesmith was great fun (though challenging too). I did it during the pandemic remotely, and while most everyone else’s pandemic was terrible, mine was amazing thanks to Codesmith.It was one of the most productive and high growth periods of my life.And also the connections I made with other cohort members has continued to help advance me in my career long after finishing the course.So big shoutout to the whole Codesmith team, I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for what they do.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Web Development - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great Learning ExperienceI chose this bootcamp due to the amazing reviews, and it did not disappoint! I learned so much at Actualize and I feel very prepared for my upcoming job search. ... Read MoreI chose this bootcamp due to the amazing reviews, and it did not disappoint! I learned so much at Actualize and I feel very prepared for my upcoming job search. The class sizes are relatively small (I had 8 students in my cohort, including myself), so the instructor and TA's are able to answer any and all questions that you may have, at any point. I would highly recommend Actualize to anyone who is seeking to switch careers to software development!... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person - Columbus
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Fulfilling, engaging, and supporting.My time at Tech Elevator was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Not only does their staff want you to professionally succeed, they care about th ... Read MoreMy time at Tech Elevator was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Not only does their staff want you to professionally succeed, they care about their students as well. It's hard to believe how much I was able to learn over the 14 weeks. The instructing staff is extremely knowledgable and will always go the extra mile to make sure you are learning and understanding the concepts. The pathway staff is always hard at work trying to weed out more opportunities for TE grads. The current job market is tough, but I was lucky enough to receive an offer through the program's matchmaking a month after graduation. The TE staff will keep working hard for their students to make sure they get a job - but you do tend to get out what you put in.... Read Less
I highly recommend this program to those who are willing to put the work in, are wanting to make a career change, and are wanting to connect with others through the process. I would not have had as good of a time in this program if I had not also invested myself in my fellow classmates. Tech Elevator Columbus is amazing.
- 422Reviews2CoursesSkillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the sel... Read MoreSkillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech. Read MoreTopher Farrell
5Student - Course: (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Skillcrush is everything that it claims!I signed up for Skillcrush to refresh some old skills and learn some new ones. I'm extremely pleased with the teaching methods as well as the instructors and su ... Read MoreI signed up for Skillcrush to refresh some old skills and learn some new ones. I'm extremely pleased with the teaching methods as well as the instructors and support. There is so much additional content and webinars to keep you motivated and moving forward. I was a skeptic when I first heard about Skillcrush because I felt like the cost of classes seemed low for the number of skills that they teach. The other courses I was looking at before deciding were 5X the price of Skillcrush. Not gonna lie, that was a deciding factor for me but it was also a cause for concern (or so I thought). Turns out I was wrong and it holds up to any other online courses of the same skillsets. I'm glad I decided to go this route. I really connect with the style and pacing of the lessons and feel like anyone willing to push through all of the exercises (bonuses, too) will have a very solid portfolio to get that dream job! I have not gotten to the point in my coursework that I'm looking for a job, but I'm confident that they will go above and beyond to help make that a reality for myself and anyone else that completes the course.... Read Less
- 397Reviews1CourseMakers Academy is a highly selective, 16-week, full-time program which teaches web development online and in hybrid cohorts at their campus in London, Englan... Read MoreMakers Academy is a highly selective, 16-week, full-time program which teaches web development online and in hybrid cohorts at their campus in London, England. Makers Academy is creating a new generation of tech talent who are skilled and ready for the changing world of work. The academy is inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking potential in people for the benefit of the 21st-century business and society. At the core, Makers combines tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives. The academy accepts only exceptional applicants into the course. While they are highly selective, they focus on a student's passion for becoming a developer by gauging their coding experience. Makers Academy also offers apprenticeships in Software Engineering and DevOps. Read MoreJoe B
5Graduate - Course: Web Development - London
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great bootcamp, solid career support, tough job market at the momentI found the course to be a great way to learn the foundations of Software Engineering. I think it's important to note that a lot of success depends on your own ... Read MoreI found the course to be a great way to learn the foundations of Software Engineering. I think it's important to note that a lot of success depends on your own motivation and ability to seek help from peers/coaches if you need it, as a lot of the learning is hands off. Coaches are available to help with the course materials and run a few workshops/webinars.... Read Less
The structure for most of the course of 'solo work' in the mornings and then 'pairing' in the afternoons works well. You get assigned a pair that will either be behind you or ahead of you, and you work on the materials of whoever is behind. This way if you fall behind a bit, you can get guidance from someone that's further ahead of you, and if you steam ahead, you are somewhat forced to reinforce what you've already learned by helping others.
Careers support is pretty good, but again it's somewhat hands off. Lots of workshops to help with CV and cover letter writing, application tips, etc, and then ad hoc support when you need it. E.g. if you need a pep talk or technical advice before an interview you can schedule a call with a coach. Also students are allowed to book a (theoretically) unlimited number of 'code reviews' these are like mock technical interviews where you get really detailed feedback on your coding process and where you can make improvements, as well as a full recording of your review. These are done with an external partner so there's no bias. These are really useful so, if you do Makers, be sure to take advantage of these.
It's hard to give a fully thorough assessment of the careers support however, as the job market is really in a bad place right now, so the 'getting a job' bit is quite tough at the moment. The careers partnerships team seems, however, to have started bringing in a few nice hiring partners who agree to interview Makers grads, but for a while there was a real drought of any partnerships coming in so there's a bit of a backlog of job hunters in the alumni. General chatter is that the market is picking up again after the bloodbath of layoffs in the sector have started to stabilise, but it could still be a while.
Overall, I'm really glad I did Makers and I found a job 2 months after graduating, however some people have been less lucky and are still hunting quite a few months on. With that in mind just be aware of the fact that - given the current market - the job hunt requires a LOT of work to keep coding and keep your motivation up applying to jobs, and also requires a fair bit of luck too.. But if you have the logical mind for coding and the motivation to power through it I'm sure you'll be great.
- 392Reviews33CoursesThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland cam... Read MoreThe Tech Academy is a trade school headquartered in Portland, Oregon that offers full-time and part-time bootcamps online and in-person at their Portland campus.The Tech Academy offers bootcamps in computer programming, website development, cybersecurity, game development, mobile development, data science, and front-end development. The immersive experience aims to create well-rounded technology professionals, and also gives students the option to take the course at their own pace. There are also no set starts dates or rigid scheduling. Students can enroll at any time, study from home, and choose whatever study schedule they would like. Read MoreTina Morlock
5Graduate - Course: Online Software Developer Boot Camp (full-time) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Best Educational Experience I'd HadIt had been a dream of mine to be a developer for years, but I never felt confident enough to go after it. However, the perfect opportunity came to me with The ... Read MoreIt had been a dream of mine to be a developer for years, but I never felt confident enough to go after it. However, the perfect opportunity came to me with The Tech Academy, and I put everything I had into it. I really can't say enough great things about the experience. Great instruction. I learned a lot about a lot of different technologies. I had my ups and downs throughout the six months of the full-time program, but I ultimately walked away having learned and experienced more than I thought I would. I'd recommend this program to anyone who has even the slightest interest in it or passion for technology. You will have to invest a lot of time into it, but if you really want to do well, you will have all the tools, support, and instruction you need—and then some. One of the best educational experiences I've ever had.... Read Less
- 386Reviews11CoursesFullstack Academy is a tech bootcamp that offers immersive online programs for web development, cybersecurity, data analytics, DevOps, and product management... Read MoreFullstack Academy is a tech bootcamp that offers immersive online programs for web development, cybersecurity, data analytics, DevOps, and product management. Fullstack Academy was founded in 2012 and also offers the Grace Hopper Program, an immersive software engineering course for women and non-binary students, in addition to partnerships with leading universities nationwide. Read MoreVolodymyr Maselskyi
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Cool and profi peoplesHello! I graduated from GoIT Academy a few weeks before the end of 2022. I studied the FullStack developer course, which included HTML, CSS, JS, React, and Node ... Read MoreHello! I graduated from GoIT Academy a few weeks before the end of 2022. I studied the FullStack developer course, which included HTML, CSS, JS, React, and Node. In general, I am very pleased with the training organization; there are many really cool mentors. If you like to learn, have had highly qualified school teachers, and think of them fondly, you may feel the same way after GoIT. I had very qualified teachers; sometimes, it was not easy to pass assignments, and often the mentor would focus on those places where I felt that I had not fully understood something, even though everything seemed to be working properly. This approach encouraged me to go deeper into the material again. Access to learning materials was also well established. There were structured notes and videos that I can use even after the course is over. As a bonus, I also received a series of lessons that were not included in the course, such as TypeScript and React Native. In addition to the teachers, the group was assigned a manager who helped with organizational issues. So, in general, I am very satisfied, the training system is built with high quality and special thanks to the teachers, it is clear that they love their job and are pros.... Read Less
- 372Reviews5CoursesNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a... Read MoreNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a nationally accredited Data Science Bootcamp in the U.S that teaches both Python and R. In the program, students will learn beginner and intermediate levels of Data Science with Hadoop, Spark, Github, Docker, SQL, R, and Python packages like XgBoost, Caret, Dplyr, Ggplot2, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and more. The program distinguishes itself by balancing intensive lectures with real-world project work and the breadth of its curriculum. The academy is well known for its industry project-oriented learning experience and well-immersed community established since 2013. Read MoreGrainne O'Neill
5Graduate - Course: Online Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Landed my dream job and salaryI decided to do NYCDSA after I spent about a year trying to learn data science on my own in my free time and began feeling like I'd never get it. I did the Data ... Read MoreI decided to do NYCDSA after I spent about a year trying to learn data science on my own in my free time and began feeling like I'd never get it. I did the Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp online. I was pretty overwhelmed by the intensity of the coursework that I was watching in the video classes. I found watching the lectures and learning from them to be difficult. However, NYCDSA is extremely project based. So once I started doing the projects, the things I was learning in the lectures began making a lot more sense. The projects are where I found I learned the most and grew way more confident in my abilities. You have unlimited access to mentors to help along the way. By the end of the bootcamp I suddenly realized how much I had really learned. It was an amount that I would not have been capable of doing on my own without the bootcamp's pace pushing me, plus the help from the mentors, teachers, and fellow students. Vivian is the heart and soul of NYCDSA and is very dedicated to making sure everyone gets a job post-bootcamp. She taught me how to apply to jobs effectively, how to do coding challenges, and how to interview. She does this through one-on-one weekly meetings, weekly coding challenge practice meetings, and mock interviews, along with job search coursework. A month after I completed the bootcamp, a dream company I applied to asked me to do a coding challenge for a Data Scientist role. The bootcamp had prepared me so well that I was fully confident in my submission. I got an interview, and then I was offered the job. Vivian even helped me negotiate my salary. I could NOT have gotten this before the bootcamp, so my new salary completely compensates for the cost of the bootcamp. NYCDSA was one of the best decisions I've made for myself and has set my career on a trajectory that I used to think was not even possible for me.... Read Less
- 354Reviews26CoursesVirginia-based IT training school, Clarusway offers online bootcamps in three main program tracks: AWS DevOPs, Full Stack Development, and Data Science. Boot... Read MoreVirginia-based IT training school, Clarusway offers online bootcamps in three main program tracks: AWS DevOPs, Full Stack Development, and Data Science. Bootcamps can be completed in 24-36 weeks depending on the student’s incoming skill level. Clarusway is committed to helping individuals attain practical knowledge through affordable and effective IT training programs. Clarusway programs include mentorship programs, peer-learning, and project-based group study methods. Students gain requisite classroom knowledge paired with the necessary hands-on skills demanded by today’s tech industry. Read Moremehmet T.
5Student - Course: Full Stack Development - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 346Reviews11CoursesDevmountain is a coding bootcamp that offers short, full-time in-person programs designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the tech industry.... Read MoreDevmountain is a coding bootcamp that offers short, full-time in-person programs designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the tech industry. There are Devmountain campuses in Lehi, Utah; Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Killeen, Texas; and Cobb County and Lithonia, Georgia. Devmountain also offers online courses. Read MoreDaniel Haycraft
5Graduate - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: DevMountain 10/10Maintoday is 03/03/2023, what a lucky day! I have just graduated Devmountain's python software engineering bootcamp. They aren't the most expensive and are ver ... Read MoreMain... Read Less
today is 03/03/2023, what a lucky day! I have just graduated Devmountain's python software engineering bootcamp. They aren't the most expensive and are very competitive. Instructor Chalon(specs) and Garrett(foundations) were amazing. Always offered a helping hand and helped me to figure out how to think like a programmer.
Part Time Students
Foundations is amazing, Garrett and two mentors who are Matt and Nathan. It was every Tuesday Thursday night and every other Saturday. Every other week was self learn and then the next was lectures. To give you a bit of an insight of my life i am a busser at a local brewery so i had more than enough time on my hands to deep dive into certain aspects so the course work for me was great and i had plenty of time.
The Switch To Full Time
First off I had time on my hands like no other. I had my foundations so learning python was a nice ease into things at first. But then after the excitement of making a killer project in foundations my schedule was lacking and i had no sense of urgency to finish. You just got a bunch of videos to watch and assignments due whenever you complete them... there were no due dates in Part Time Specs unlike foundations you had a unit review due every 2 weeks. That's really my only gripe, I just had wished specs was more like part time foundations. And so I had a conversation with an awesome counselor at Devmountain and they helped me switch within like 5 hours. I can't say this will happen for you so be wary of trying this and i don't recommend it either. I could've done the full time all the way through i just needed to realize it first!
Full time was amazing. Fast paced, detailed, fun, difficult, frustrating, and rewarding. All of those are good things. When learning you need direction, or at least i do. I like to feel accomplished and so i did. I was able to push myself and my instructor pushed me. I can't say how much this program has already changed my thinking about school and my love for learning has been re-energized.
Outcomes/ Job Assistance
Since i just graduated they gave us a plethora of information about obtaining a job, networking and more. Taylor helped me build my resume, LinkedIn profile and scripts to get inspired off them. The Outcomes team is truly a great feature and felt as if they cared as much as i care. In which I care a lot!
Messages to future Software Engineers. Make Friends during your cohort, most of them want friends too. I made around 4 solid friendships we talked a lot, encouraging one another and helping eachother grow.
- 337Reviews5CoursesDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instruc... Read MoreDigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time online bootcamps in Web Development, Cybersecurity, and UX Design. All classes are taught online by live instructors, and WeWork memberships are included at no additional charge for students needing a place to study. Read MoreThomas Zimmerman
5Graduate - Course: Web Development (Full-time, Online or Atlanta Campus) - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Very positive experience, but is it for you?I am a graduate from Digital Crafts. I attended the full time web development bootcamp online for four months starting in July of 2022, and have since then got ... Read MoreI am a graduate from Digital Crafts. I attended the full time web development bootcamp online for four months starting in July of 2022, and have since then got my first job in software development / web development with the experience and knowledge I attained from attending Digital Crafts. There is no doubt in my mind that without the leg up I attained from a curriculum in web development as well as my fantastic instructor Veronica, that I would not have been able to land my first job in the field. Despite the fantastic experience I had with DC, there is a few things I would like to make any prospective boot camp students aware of before paying the price of admission.... Read Less
1. You get out what you put into it.
If you are thinking that you will be able to coast through this course like a college or highschool course, get a certificate, then get a web development job, you may, but you probably won't. More than anything else the experience and skills you gain from attending all the classes, getting a grasp on all the material offered, and being able to demonstrate your aptitude is what's going to get you a job. Having a credential/ certificate is nice, but with no experience you have to have the knowledge and projects to back you up when going on interviews.
2. It's possible to go into this with no prior coding experience and succeed, but you really should not!
Going into any boot camp you will hear and read "No prior knowledge of coding necessary!". This is true, but this is not what I did, and I believe going in with a basic understanding of OOP helped me learn more and learn faster than my classmates who were completely fresh to every single topic. It's not impossible to catch up, but during your time attending DC you will have to run twice as fast to learn half as much, and as I said earlier, the more you can perform the better off you will be when you finish. I would highly recommend going through some basic programming material for a couple months before making the commitment, it will help a ton in my estimation.
3. Job assistance...
As you may have read from other reviews there is not guarantee that DC will do anything to get you a job after graduation. Despite some saying they do nothing, I think that is bogus, as there are networking opportunities, seminars, and the door is always open with staff members who work in career services who will give you specific detailed advice and guidance on what you need to do and how you need to do it to get your first job. It is also true that there's a good chance you can be hired as a TA ( teachers assistant ) by DC after you completed the course which will give you the experience you need to go somewhere else. It's not the best Job assistance in the world, as they will not hold your hand to your next position they picked out for you, but DC will give you what you need to move in the right direction.
4. I've heard some things...
During my time at DC I have heard some things that I would be remiss not to disclose here. I heard from one of my classmates who knew somebody that was taking the same course with a different instructor in part-time web development that there was a lot of funny business going on. It seemed that the quality of the classes/ assistance from the instructor was lackluster and something I definitely would not be happy about had I experienced myself. That being said this is word of mouth, I don't really know, but I would highly recommend if you want to attend, you do the full-time any way as I think it is a much better structure to begin with.
5. The Curriculum itself.
The curriculum itself is pretty good. It covers full-stack web development pretty deeply for the amount of time you actually spend learning and practicing material. That being said, In hindsight I wish the course had a larger focus in back-end web development with a server side language. No matter what part of web development you strive with, you may need to allocate serious time keep learning more languages/frameworks after the fact to fill in some missing skills from your resume before you get your first position.
That is pretty much all I have to report about the bootcamp. If I could go back in time I would chose to attend this bootcamp every single time. The people that I met there were all absolutely fantastic, and the fact that it accomplished for me what it was supposed to accomplish means I really have nothing to complain about. Despite that, I believe that coding bootcamps are not for everyone, and you really have to consider what you are capable of before you sign up and pay for any bootcamp.