shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (443) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • Miss
      - 3/3/2021
      TY  User Photo
      TY • Student Verified via GitHub
      the slack chat and professional reply are really helping a lot!!!! can get an extension for homework is the most grateful thing to have when you are a newbie to coding.
    • Highly Recommend
      - 3/3/2021
      Fergie Oliveira N. T.  User Photo
      Fergie Oliveira N. T. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I could never, not even in my most wildest dreams think that I could build a landing page or even code. I enjoyed every bit of this workshop. I love the way the lessons and videos are easy to understand. Matt the instructor is amazing. Thanks SheCodes, the mystery behind coding has been made clear.
    • Maja  User Photo
      Maja Verified via GitHub
      This workshop is perfect when you are new to coding. I had zero experience and everything was clear and easy to understand. My whole experience with SheCodes was fun and pleasant and I enjoyed every minute of it!
    • Olivia Nguyen  User Photo
      Olivia Nguyen • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      “The workshop was very easy to follow and I am very surprised how much I was able to learn in just 3 weeks. The tasks are challenging yet fun (which a huge plus!) and Matt's videos are very clear and well-structured. I can't wait to continue learning with SheCodes and start a new career!”
    • Lola  User Photo
      Lola • student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was an amazing experience 😃! Thank you, Matt, and your great team for making it enjoyable, accessible, and achievable! 🐬I am inspired and would love to continue! It is just a touch of an iceberg of possibilities, we are able to learn so much in such a short time! I wouldn't even imagine that this path could bring so much fun! Another important point for the people like myself who want to move in this direction is that the tools you learn on the way are up to date! It what is used in the real world! I felt like it was a jump towards my future career 😊 ✨✨✨
    • Great experience!
      - 2/24/2021
      Sarah  User Photo
      Sarah • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes was an amazing experience! Matt is a great teacher and made learning to code as easy as possible.
    • Gosia  User Photo
      Gosia • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       The course was great. I really enjoyed. Thank you for motivating me to learn new things
    • Oriane  User Photo
      Oriane • Sales manager • Verified via LinkedIn
      Amazing experience, a perfect introduction to coding that allows you to learn the basics. The learning experience is great, you can do it at your own rhythm but with deadlines for staying on track. For the job assistance the course helps you to get in touch with a great community and develop an useful network.
    • shecodes
      - 2/16/2021
      Arlo  User Photo
      Arlo • student • Student Verified via GitHub
       The SheCodes workshop was an amazing experience and really helped me start coding and hope to get to continue my journey in coding. I would totally recommend.

• Ana Silva  User Photo
      Ana Silva • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've done other coding workshops before and always thought it wasn't for me because I just couldn't stay engaged. SheCodes has completely changed this for me, though! I'm so happy to have done this workshop. Coding has turned out to be the perfect rainy Saturday activity and I'm very happy to say I've signed up to Plus React in order to continue this journey
    • Alena  User Photo
      Alena • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've already started to teach myself how to code. it has never been so easy since i discovered SheCodes.
      Would totally recommend it. You can learn at your own pace and if you are stuck, there are so many nice people who want to help you.
    • Haley Kirk  User Photo
      Haley Kirk • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've been trying to learn coding since I was 11, when I was copy pasting basic html snippets to change my Neopets shop background 😂

I've never really been successful, until now.

Every time I have tried to take a web development course the instructions have always seemed abstract and disjointed. This course has by far had the simplest break down of how each language actually works and how they all are used together.

I've learned more HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in 2 weeks than I have in 18 years. Now onto the second workshop! Thanks Matt Delac and SheCodes.