shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (993) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
    - 8/11/2022
    Deborah  User Photo
    Deborah • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started this journey wanting to learn something new, but not really knowing what to expect. This is only the beginning, but I am proud of what I have accomplished and learned in such little time. SheCodes has an amazing community of empowered women and I am so grateful to Matt Delac and his team for creating such an amazing platform for us. I absolutely loved my experience, and I'm ready for the rest of my journey with SheCodes!
    - 8/10/2022
    Carolyn Diaz  User Photo
    Carolyn Diaz • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really enjoyed the Basics class and found the step-by-step process very helpful since I am brand new to coding. It took me longer than the suggested time I think partially because I kept a detailed notebook and really wanted to try to figure out the solutions on my own to learn as much as possible through problem-solving. I look forward to the next workshop, SheCodes Plus!
  • Mariia  User Photo
    Mariia • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    “I want to share my experience with those who just plan to start coding with SheCodes. It was no boring, easy understanding. All lessons are short but very informative. Matt - wonderful teacher! and this course really is the first step in new career opportunities. I am very grateful for the opportunity to learn to code with SheCodes at no cost through the SheCodes Foundation. Best 5/5
  • Great experience
    - 8/8/2022
    Tessa Bouwman  User Photo
    Tessa Bouwman • Museum educator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After having been interested in coding for ages, I finally decided to give it a try. This workshop was the perfect start for a beginner like me. I enjoyed the mixture of video input and practical exercises. Connecting with other coders on Slack was a big plus and homework was reviewed very swiftly!
  • Amazing
    - 8/2/2022
    Olena  User Photo
    Olena • Verified via LinkedIn
    I finished basic course. I'm a new in coding, so i can say that this course is very convinient for a newbie.It is not so simple. Sometimes your brain will boil. But don't give up, the team always helps when you stuck. So just try, you will like it.
  • SheCodes Basic
    - 7/21/2022
    Victoria Nimchenko   User Photo
    Victoria Nimchenko • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really liked the study. Short, meaningful videos of Matt do not overload the brain. You learn and have fun. Thanks to Matt and the entire SheCodes team. Thank you SheCodes, your help Ukrainian women it's amazing cases. We all really thankful for your help and support.
    I'm very happy to starting new level of learning!
  • Erika Skaar  User Photo
    Erika Skaar • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The workshop was well-paced and fun to work through, I felt like I was kept on track and made to focus without feeling stressed or overloaded. There is the freedom to be creative and explore with enough structure that I didn't feel lost. There was plenty to learn from the basics, but it wasn't so dense that I felt frustrated.
  • SheCodes Basic
    - 7/13/2022
    Lesia  User Photo
    Lesia • Student Verified via GitHub
    Это был очень полезный курс! Я благодарен, что мне удалось изучить основы HTML, CSS и Javascript с помощью SheCodes. Уроки Мэтта были очень увлекательными! Спасибо за такую ​​возможность!
  • SheCodes
    - 7/13/2022
    Anastasiia  User Photo
    Anastasiia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I love this workshop so much! It's the best mix of theory and practice I've ever encounter. Every topic was precisely described by Matt along with many provided tools such as CSS Color Palletes and Front-End Cheatsheets. I'm looking forward to the SheCodes Plus workshop!😻
  • Julia Pysmenna  User Photo
    Julia Pysmenna • Marketer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am so happy to have joined SheCodes Workshops. Many thanks to all the team for supporting Ukrainian women. It's a real chance to change our future! It's an amazing experience.
  • Course "Basic"
    - 7/8/2022
    Oseni Emmanuella   User Photo
    Oseni Emmanuella • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Joining SheCodes has been one of the best opportunities I have had. In just three weeks of the Basics workshop, I have learnt so much about HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The, lessons are clear and understandable, the challenges and homework are fun tasking, the deadlines given provide that little push to do more and be more intentional. I love the CSS generators and palettes provided, they make projects easier . A big thank you to Matt and the SheCodes team for this opportunity, I can't wait to continue with the more advanced workshops.
  • Oksana  User Photo
    Oksana • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Мене  переповнюють емоції вдячності💙💛 - ви ділитеся знаннями і викладаєте все надзвичайно доступно, а ще є канал допомоги - він просто найкращий!🙌