shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (174) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • Faii Athiprayoon  User Photo
      Faii Athiprayoon • ESL Instructor | Translator • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Investing in myself by taking my first-ever coding class with the SheCodes Online Workshop is one of the best investments I have ever made this year during the COVID-19 pandemic. At SheCodes, each week consists of short and digestible videos (8-12 mins) along with a coding challenge per video and a weekly homework assignment at the end of the week. At week-3, I have to complete a culminating project where I applied everything I have learned! As a hands-on learner with zero background in computer science or previous coding knowledge, I found myself highly motivated and curious to learn more from start to finish and beyond! I have never imagined that one day I would be able to create my own project from scratch using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in less than 3 weeks. Matt (the instructor) is very organized and clearly explains all the relevant and updated information and resources. All the lessons are also very well scaffolded like a building block! Although there are no group-work assignments in the beginner 3-week course, students can always ask questions about their coding challenges and homework (if stuck) on a Slack forum where all students can join the conversation and help one another solve problems. (Questions that are posted on Slack are also being monitored closely by the SheCodes staff.) Now I can't wait to continue exploring more deeply into the world of programming in the SheCodes Plus React Workshops. Thanks to Matt, his team, and the Slack Community for creating a wonderful learning experience to empower more women to enter the tech industry!! Kob-Khun Kha (Thank you in Thai😊🙏)! 👩🏻‍💻”
    • Nadege Uwurukundo M.  User Photo
      Nadege Uwurukundo M. • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      “When i started SheCodes i was not sure what to expect since i had already taken some coding classes at the university and i did not like it. However, I enjoyed learning html, CSS and JavaScript with sheCodes because of the super organized classes and the tremendous help that is available for the students. Thank you SheCodes 😊!”
    • Briliant Course!
      - 6/29/2020
      Brogan Gauld  User Photo
      Brogan Gauld • Graduate Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This workshop was the perfect introduction to coding. The software, tools, and tips and advice given have been invaluable! I really appreciated the Slack chat - no matter what I got stuck on, there was always another student or expert to help, thank you! Would recommend this workshop to anyone interested in grasping the fundamentals of HTML, CSS and JS, as it is extremely interactive and the content is very accessible, even for beginners.
    • Zoe Taylor-Dixon  User Photo
      Zoe Taylor-Dixon • Assistant Programme Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great course from start to finish! The number of lessons each week was initially quite daunting and I wasn't sure at first whether I would have the time to fit them in around work, but once I started and got to know the format, I found it flowed really well. The challenges were fun but tough, there was a really good balance between difficulty and enjoyment. I loved creating my final project and can't wait to keep practicing and building on these new skills.
    • Flávia Santos  User Photo
      Flávia Santos • Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       I was curious about coding for a while and decided to give it a try. Since I knew nothing about coding, it was a great learning experience to learn the basics. The course is very enjoyable, it's not really demanding (however you'll have to google some stuff but it's quite easy to do it). At the end you'll end up wanting to learn more Highly recommend for someone who is curious about coding and has no previous knowledge about it.
    • Catarina Vasconcelos  User Photo
      Catarina Vasconcelos • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Amazing experience! Really well structured workshop with an intuitive and challenging methodology that helps us to dive into code from the scratch to some really cool basic elements that make us want to learn more. Thank you SheCodes Team
    • Maria Figueiredo  User Photo
      Maria Figueiredo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I never thought that someday I'd be interested in Coding, but after the SheCodes Express class I got very excited to try it myself. All classes are very easy to understand and very well prepared, which never made me doubt it that I could do it!
      Totally recommend it to a friend, and hopefully I will change my working area to Coding!
    • Penny Beecroft  User Photo
      Penny Beecroft • Verified via LinkedIn
      I would highly recommend SheCodes to anyone! The workshop was a really good introduction to coding, and as a complete beginner, I found it fun and easy to follow. I had thought that anything tech-related was beyond me, but Matt and the team helped me to see that anything is possible. I'll be singing up for SheCodes Plus, for sure.

• Micah  User Photo
      Micah • Lab Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've tried to teach myself front-end development in the past, but it was so difficult for me to solidify what I learned. After taking the SheCodes Introduction course, I now have a very good basic understanding and knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. As a new mom, it's really difficult to find time for myself, so it was really great that I can watch the videos and complete the challenges and homework on my own time. I highly recommend SheCodes because the format is really intuitive and helpful. I'm super excited to continue coding and learn more!

I will be continuing on to the Plus React course where I will learn advanced tools, including the up and coming language React. :)
    • Sofia Guedes  User Photo
      Sofia Guedes • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes Workshop was an amazing experience! It's incredible what you can learn in just one weekend! The environment was super relaxed and the humorous teaching style of Matt made everything much easier to understand. I definitely recomend taking this course if you want to take a look inside the programming world :D
    • Alina Gonçalves  User Photo
      Alina Gonçalves • Verified via LinkedIn
       I´m glad that I decided to take this workshop! It´s very well structured. The classes are easy to follow (Matt is an awesome teacher!) and the challenges super fun to work on. Super excited to continue learning more after this. 😊 Highly recommend!
    • Teresa Faria  User Photo
      Teresa Faria • Frontend Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes provided a great, easy but comprehensive, introduction into web development and several different programming languages. The lessons were very well-planned, in a way that was inclusive to people from different backgrounds and with varying levels of expertise. It was interesting to hear a testimonial from a woman in the field and get personal insights from someone in web development.

Ever since participating, I've started working in IT as a Frontend Developer. SheCodes was crucial for getting the job and for my understanding of frontend. I'm very glad I took the course, it proved to be a wonderful (though inexpensive) investment on my education. I highly recommend SheCodes for women looking for an intro to coding!