shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (532) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, GitHub
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, GitHub
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Veronika Nagy  User Photo
      Veronika Nagy • economist, account manager, business advisor • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Changing a career path and learning something brand new can be challenging. I was skeptical at first if coding was something for me and overwhelmed by the variety of schools and courses offering workshops to code. I found that ScheCodes has been a smart, available, and fun workshop offering skillful and on-demand knowledge. Matt is an amazing teacher, he explains very well and gives students the freedom to explore coding. The ScheCodes team is very helpful and the possibility to interact, ask questions and learn from each other is great and gives me the confidence to continue. I am looking forward to starting my next workshop with SheCodes!
    • Yushiko Cloe Salvador  User Photo
      Yushiko Cloe Salvador • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I never imagined myself coding as I used to be so uninterested about it until a close friend convinced me to try it and out of curiosity, I did. I am so glad that I chose SheCodes as my very fist coding workshop! This workshop was really beginner friendly and Matt is a really great instructor. Can't wait to learn more! Cheers 🥂”
    • Shecodes Basics
      - 4/30/2021
      Daniela Aleixo  User Photo
      Daniela Aleixo • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes lessons are super easy to follow and super well explained. The division of the lessons is super logical and the challenges available after each video helps to put in practice what was learned. The support available behind this workshop is flawless. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to code.
    • Recommended
      - 4/30/2021
      Gesa-Maria Gercke  User Photo
      Gesa-Maria Gercke • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This basic coding course is highly enjoyable and easy to follow. The video lectures provide a logical step by step guide to the topics and Matt's unique recordings provide a personal touch that is relatable and welcoming. Immediately being able to use your new knowledge and see the results feels very rewarding and satisfying, and encourages further research and learning.
    • Karen G.  User Photo
      Karen G. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I decided to try the 3 week program because I wanted to understand coding, sure, this is just a small sample of everything that coding entails, but it was an amazing course!! Explaining it like learning a language really helped me take away the fear and intimidation behind the word “code” and made it fun, challenging and exciting!! I’m not sure if I’ll take the next courses, but I’m extremely grateful to this program for allowing me to see that if I wanted, I can continue, and that I can code!!! How awesome and exciting is it to say that?! At almost 42, I can code 🥰. I’m proud to show my daughter that, no matter what age or stage of life you’re in, you can always transform, learn and grow. Thank you SheCodes, for showing us that we can all code!

• Karlla Hammerstad  User Photo
      Karlla Hammerstad • Developer Trainee • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am so glad I opted to follow this path. I've been wanting to try coding since 2012 but life got in the way and I ended up in a job I didn't love. So... I quitted, and decided it was about time to inspect the pages of my life and correct the damn code. Now I feel I am in the right direction and I am looking forward for more.
    • Liliana Brito  User Photo
      Liliana Brito • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I started this workshop with almost no coding knowledge. The feeling of finishing it, and being able to build a page from scratch, is very gratifying. I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to start in the world of coding.
    • Loved it
      - 4/19/2021
      Raluca  User Photo
      Raluca • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       Loved doing this workshop. Coding was something that looked so strange and impossible, but after completing the SheCodes Basics, not only that I understood, but started to like it a lot and decided to continue and make a career out of it. The lessons are very well structured and Matt explains in a really friendly way so it's very easy to understand, but also leaving space to think and challenge yourself.”
    • Hiromi Tanimura   User Photo
      Hiromi Tanimura • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      I absolutely loved this workshop. Matt’s explanation of coding concepts are easy to follow and understand. He breaks down lessons into sizable chunks that are easy to absorb. I thought I would never be able to understand the concept of coding but after taking this workshop I was blown away by how much I learnt in just 3 weeks. The projects are fun and interesting as well, so every week I was looking forward to learning more and seeing what I could build from I learnt. It’s a very rewarding experience, so much so that I will continue to take all the next workshops! If you are just starting to learn coding this is the workshop you should consider.
    • Julia B.  User Photo
      Julia B. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      My feedback to SheCodes:
       “👍 Thanks for this inspiring journey towards chaos and clarity, scrutiny and creativity, frustration and fun! 💃 I am looking forward to the next lessons! ❤”

If you are a absolute beginner to coding, I can truly recommend SheCodes!
    • SheCodes reviews
      - 4/13/2021
      Vera Valshonok  User Photo
      Vera Valshonok • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I really loved the Beginners SheCodes course. Being almost sure that I won't be able to ever understand coding, I am not afraid of It now and did my first steps on the land of coding. At times It was challenging, but I got support from SheCodes in the chat and later on, after a couple of tasks, some of them seemed quite easy.”

• Chris Lopez  User Photo
      Chris Lopez • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course was really easy to follow and learn. It was fun, I learned a lot in three weeks and enjoyed it. You can do the work/classes whenever you can, I loved it. I definitely had more than my money's worth.