45 Best Coding Bootcamps in Stamford
- 1127Reviews6CoursesFounded in 2012, App Academy is a world-renowned coding bootcamp that has placed over 5,000 alumni in Software Engineering roles at over 2,000 companies. App... Read MoreFounded in 2012, App Academy is a world-renowned coding bootcamp that has placed over 5,000 alumni in Software Engineering roles at over 2,000 companies. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, including a Campus Software Engineering Program (16 weeks), a Full-Time Online Software Engineering Program (24 weeks), and a Part-Time Online Software Engineering Program (52 weeks). Read More
5Graduate - Course: Online Full-Time Software Engineering Program - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: They really can get you a software engineering job.I did the online bootcamp during the pandemic, while abroad. App Academy is legit. It is rigorous, and you must know your stuff to move on to the next week, eve ... Read MoreI did the online bootcamp during the pandemic, while abroad. App Academy is legit. It is rigorous, and you must know your stuff to move on to the next week, every week. Everyone who makes it through is well prepared for a modern software engineering role with the latest frameworks etc. The curriculum is up-to-date, so that is an advantage for bootcamp grads.
But I was most impressed with the support after graduation. They keep students on track and guide you in the job search process with workshops, projects, strategies, and partnerships. Post-grad is just as rigorous as the bootcamp itself. They are motivated to support you post-graduation, unlike any other academic institution I've been involved with.I got a software engineering job within 3 months of graduating.
- 368Reviews5CoursesNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a... Read MoreNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a nationally accredited Data Science Bootcamp in the U.S that teaches both Python and R. In the program, students will learn beginner and intermediate levels of Data Science with Hadoop, Spark, Github, Docker, SQL, R, and Python packages like XgBoost, Caret, Dplyr, Ggplot2, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and more. The program distinguishes itself by balancing intensive lectures with real-world project work and the breadth of its curriculum. The academy is well known for its industry project-oriented learning experience and well-immersed community established since 2013. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Online Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Lead your fieldFrom the getgo this program sets you up to succeed. They can be a little critical and harsh sometimes, but I promise they want nothing more than for you to do t ... Read MoreFrom the getgo this program sets you up to succeed. They can be a little critical and harsh sometimes, but I promise they want nothing more than for you to do the best you can. As long as you communicate your issues, they will work with you no matter what. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive team of instructors. They also have a dedicated lifelong team that helps you meet with and explore whatever professional options you'd like. They're also the only nationally accredited program like them in the country. Can't recommend enough.... Read Less
- 556Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Read MoreFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thorough, expensive, and fast-paced.I started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role ... Read MoreI started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role where I could merge my soft skills into a more technical field. I was referred to the Flatiron program by a fellow Loan Officer who was also interested in moving into a more technical role. He convinced me that the program was worth the price tag. ($16,900 is what I paid for the start of my program.) I left my job and started the program and I haven't turned back. I graduated in late November and have accepted a position as a business analyst. As far as turnaround times go on employment, I couldn't be happier.... Read Less
One thing I would like to see more of in this program is an increased focus on SQL and visualization programs like Tableau or Power BI, as those are required for many data analyst roles. I would recommend this program for anyone who is interested in learning Python and its many libraries for data science / data analytics purposes.
- 1380Reviews36CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Read MoreBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Digital Marketing - London
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Succinct introduction. Good, current, insights.The course was pretty succinct and covered a good range of basics to get a good understanding of digital marketing and the breadth of it. The course leader was ... Read MoreThe course was pretty succinct and covered a good range of basics to get a good understanding of digital marketing and the breadth of it. The course leader was working in the industry at a high level and had many current insights into the industry which I found important as digital marketing is still very much in flux with new social media platforms, new laws and regulations from across the globe regarding cookies and privacy - which are very important when it comes to targeted marketing (which is most, if not all digital marketing).... Read Less
As someone that had as much experience and knowledge of digital marketing as the average consumer, I found the curriculum easy enough to grasp, although it was a lot of information at points. Particularly the beginning where the most previously unknown jargon would be thrown at you. But in time I optimised my learning by writing notes on what the instructor was saying that wasn't on the presentation slide and then going back after the lesson and revising my notes, filling in the gaps with what was on the slides.
After the first 4-5 lessons (of 10) it felt a bit less intense with information - in part because we moved onto specific social media and their characteristics (user base, purpose, etc.), some of which I knew to an extent, and partly because the fundamentals of digital marketing had been learnt. We then had time at the end of sessions to talk one on one about our final projects and get advice, something I should have capitalised on more.
5Graduate - Course: Full-time Software Engineering Immersive - Conducted online in PT, CT & ET and in-person in NYC - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Codesmith Can Change Your LifeThis is a long review, but I know how intense this process can be for those of you looking at attending a bootcamp. It has now been about a year since I decided ... Read MoreThis is a long review, but I know how intense this process can be for those of you looking at attending a bootcamp. It has now been about a year since I decided to attend a bootcamp to change careers. I looked everywhere online when I settled on going to a bootcamp; I read every review, I watched every video on Youtube, I even messaged alumni of different bootcamps on LinkedIn, and eventually, I found my way to Codesmith. For the last 3 months since the program, I’ve considered myself lucky everyday I made the choice I did.
Codesmith is without question, the best educational environment I’ve had the privilege to learn in. I’ve been lucky enough to go to good schools in the past, but I’m really proud, frankly, to say that this online bootcamp has really left them in the dust in key ways. I’ll make a note here that I was hired as a fellow by the program after my time in the immersive program, so if you need a grain of salt to start, there could be one.
- Admissions: It is worth making a comment right away that getting into Codesmith is not easy, but it is NOT an unjust process like I experienced in other programs. I speak from experience as someone who applied elsewhere, tried to go through admission processes at other places (everyone should have options), and eventually conducted the literal technical interviews for Codesmith myself, the admissions process is doing its job well. I won’t get too lost in the details, but I will say that if you can pass the Codesmith technical interview, you have what it takes to become a software engineer. They test on every quality and detail that I was tested on in a real technical interview for the job I have now. That all said, don’t rush into this process. It is possible, having seen both sides of admissions, to brute force your way through, with time. Do NOT throw $20k into something before you are ready. If you understand, for example, how to add methods to a prototype so they can be inherited by other objects, you could be ready. If you have no idea what I mean by that, do not stress even a little bit; just take your time to learn is my point (:
- Portfolio: Not a ton to say here, although a ton could be said. It is worth noting that you will have a better time job hunting when you have real open-source products on the resumé. And Codesmith focuses on making you build real, open-source projects before you leave. You don’t want to pay for a program that is tutorial style really, because why not just spend $2k (at most) in Udemy courses and be done with it? Codesmith makes you build in small teams of engineers (like in the real world), on projects that are technically impressive and that are REALLY challenging. You’ll hear “hard learning” thrown around a lot in and out of the program, and there is no form of better learning than solving a bug you’ve been stuck on for 6 hours with a team; this makes a good portfolio for sure.
- Hiring Support: I have so much love for the hiring support team answering every ridiculous, anxious question I ever hit them with, day or night. Codesmith really points you in a direction at the end of the program and teaches you how to carry yourself in interviews in the tech industry. Tech interviews and getting hired generally as a software engineer is honestly very formulaic. It’s almost entirely behavioral / very ceremonial, which was somewhat surprising to me. Codesmith guides you through all of these processes and really do their best to ensure you have support networks (during and after the program) to guide you through the idiosyncrasies of the tech industry. I would NOT have gotten a job as smoothly as I did if it wasn’t for their mentorship.
- Management/Team: This part could be a never-ending rant. I think what you will find, even will find just by attending the free workshops, is that Codesmith is a community of really passionate people that are putting in the work for the right reasons. I truly believe Codesmith only works because the instructors and the management of the organization are people who are passionate about seeing people change their lives. Will Sentance is the founder and owner, and not only will he give your cohort a lecture at the end, but you will get several chances to hear from him throughout the program; could not be any more apparent this person cares about fostering a space for people to change their lives. Eric Kirsten is a senior board advisor that will lead you through the hiring program. Eric is another huge element of the “secret sauce” of success at Codesmith. Takes a certain level of tailored mentorship to get an engineer to negotiate $15k in base salary after only 8-12 months of studying the industry, and Eric will take a hands-on approach to make sure you get that. Phillip Troutman, he’s the chief academic officer, is another key player you’ll hear from often. Let me tell you, part of the secret of Codesmith is convincing students every day they can do everything and anything so that they actually go out and attempt insane feats of engineering; Phillip is the key to that happening. Every program has different instructors, but in the central remote program — Katrina Villanueva and Jared Lewis are *the* reason students understand the core curriculum so well. Their compassion and attention towards student success is without question what makes the CTRI immersive so effective. For the sake of not making this piece of the review endless, I’ll stop here, but yes, there are that many incredible people in this organization.
- School / Life Balance: There is very little balance. This is my very real, very difficult con for the program that I would not hide from anyone. You will eat, sleep, and breathe Codesmith, which at times will be a lot to handle. This program is hard. You will watch your cohort go lows and highs of imposter syndrome almost daily. It can even feel a bit cult-like, I suppose, at times. But what can I say — you get a room of intelligent people together every day who want to change careers in a (seemingly) impossible time frame into a field that is really challenging and competitive. It isn't crazy to assume that process will be hard, but if you put the work in you’ll be so glad you did it one day. It took me about 10-11 months, from start to finish, from the day I decided to attend Codesmith, to the day I got a job offer.
There are other great programs out there for sure, but if I was to do this all over again, I’d be right back at Codesmith.
- 594Reviews19CoursesGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career chang... Read MoreGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career change into a tech role, in as little as three months. General Assembly offers bootcamps and courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science and more. Read More
5Student - Course: 2. Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Difficult, Fulfilling, and Life ChangingThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking t ... Read MoreThis course was worth every penny. I learned so much and grew so much as a developer in this class. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking to learn full stack Web Development. The Instructors and TA's are top notch, friendly, and helpful!... Read Less
- 216Reviews3CoursesFounded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses... Read MoreFounded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs. Read More
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and ... Read MoreProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.... Read Less
- 72Reviews6CoursesByte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Pyth... Read MoreByte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Python development, FinTech (financial technology), Data Science, Blockchain and Quant-Algos. Full-time onsite programs consist of 14 weeks; part-time programs are 24 weeks, 2 evenings per week and remote courses have flexible scheduling options. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Read More
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Intro to PythonAnton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and really ... Read MoreAnton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and really helped explain anything not understood by any of the students, by examples and y showing us the code. Thank you so much for the great experience.... Read Less
Ajila K Johnkutty
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Web Development - Full-Time - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Full Stack Coding BootcampI will recommend this course to those who are interested in Web development and ready to work hard. The past 3 months it was a great learning experience for me ... Read MoreI will recommend this course to those who are interested in Web development and ready to work hard. The past 3 months it was a great learning experience for me because
So thank you so much to the Bootcamp team. All the best to the new students.
- Excellent instructors. Our instructor Ben encouraged and supported us a lot. He explained each concept really well and after that made sure everyone understood that topic. Max (our T.A. ) is also a dedicated instructor. Both of them were available during and after office hours when we had questions. I appreciated their patience and dedication. We were lucky to have them as our instructors.
- During this course, we learned 20+ concepts, that are essential and advanced in web development. We got experience in working on group projects. To those who are planning to join this course:- Every week I spend an average of 50+ hours (including attending class). Still, it was exciting for me to attend the class every morning. I strongly believe the time I spend and hard work is worth enough.
- I just started to use the career service. So I think it is too early to rate their service. But the feedback I got about my career material was really helpful.
- The support I got from AskBcs and our SSM was also great.
- 57Reviews3CoursesThe Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choos... Read MoreThe Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choose between the 28-week, part-time bootcamp with nights-and-weekends sessions or the 17-week, full-time bootcamp with Monday-Friday sessions. As part of the Grace Hopper Program, students will gain knowledge and experience through a mix of live online lectures, hands-on workshops, projects, pair-programming, and more. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: A collaborative, fun, and fullstack experience.My experience at the Grace Hopper Program changed my life in a myriad of ways. Their curriculum is extremely thorough and as they say, "they will not let you fa ... Read MoreMy experience at the Grace Hopper Program changed my life in a myriad of ways. Their curriculum is extremely thorough and as they say, "they will not let you fail." I think though, that besides teaching me their specific stack, GHP really taught me how to think like a programmer. Since graduating I've been able to teach myself so many new languages and technologies because of this experience. I chose the program because I'm a nonbinary student and wanted to go somewhere where my identity would be respected, and I absolutely felt that throughout my experience. My cohortmates, fellows, and instructors were so supportive and still are even now after I've graduated. The pair programming enabled me to learn to speak technically and work with others in this new environment, and the workshops are still useful for me to go through even now that I'm an employed software engineer. I cannot recommend the Grace Hopper Program enough for any woman or nonbinary person looking to get into the technical field.... Read Less
5Graduate - New Brunswick
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: A New Sense of DirectionMy consideration for this course first came from a place of a desperation. Fresh out of my battle with cancer, a stalled degree, and too much uncertainty over m ... Read MoreMy consideration for this course first came from a place of a desperation. Fresh out of my battle with cancer, a stalled degree, and too much uncertainty over my future I knew I needed to gain some control over my life. So through the recommendation of some mutual friends one month after being declared cancer free I would embark on a six month journey that would leave me feeling more fulfilled than I've ever felt in my entire life. This bootcamp will push you to your limit and test your patience every chance it gets, but you will leave it with a strong skillset you had no idea you were capable of. Through instructors that care so much about the material and your individual progress, the resources to further yourself along and an environment that only has your success in mind, you're more than equipped to handle every challenge that is presented. I graduated with a new sense of confidence I desperately needed, a future I'm no longer afraid of, and to my biggest surprise a community of my peers, some of whom have come to be wonderful friends. Anyone looking to make a change in their life, career, or just wanting to try something new I can't recommend this bootcamp enough. It will not be easy, but nothing deeply rewarding and worthwhile ever is.... Read Less
- 40Reviews2CoursesPursuit offers an intensive, Full Stack Web Development Fellowship in New York City and online that trains adults from underserved communities to build caree... Read MorePursuit offers an intensive, Full Stack Web Development Fellowship in New York City and online that trains adults from underserved communities to build careers in the tech industry. The Pursuit Fellowship consists of two parts: one year of training (Pursuit Core) and three years of career support (Pursuit Advance). The curriculum includes three major threads: Technical Mastery, Industry Readiness, and Leadership Personal Development. On average, Fellows go from making $18,000 pre-program to over $85,000 post-program. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Web Development Nights/Weekends - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Etsy Software EngPursuit has helped changed my life by allowing me to meet others who are like-minded as me and people who can help us achieve our goals. Pursuit has provided me ... Read MorePursuit has helped changed my life by allowing me to meet others who are like-minded as me and people who can help us achieve our goals. Pursuit has provided me with the tools needed to enter the tech industry and thrive!... Read Less
- 26Reviews7CoursesTurnToTech offers full-time, 10 to 16-week mobile development and part-time, 30 to 36-week cyber security bootcamps based in New York, New York. TurnToTech a... Read MoreTurnToTech offers full-time, 10 to 16-week mobile development and part-time, 30 to 36-week cyber security bootcamps based in New York, New York. TurnToTech aims to produce well-rounded software engineers with a deep understanding of mobile platforms, app development, and cyber security. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Android Bootcamp - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great place to begin your software engineering path.As a former full-time Android student and current Mobile/Android Developer, I can confidently say that TurnToTech has played an immense role in starting my care ... Read More
As a former full-time Android student and current Mobile/Android Developer, I can confidently say that TurnToTech has played an immense role in starting my career as a Mobile Developer. Their bootcamp offered an immersive hands on course experience which ensured I had the skill set needed to survive in a professional Software Developer environment.
TTT's course was not the typical class room/lecture environment. It was the kind of course which engages you to constantly learn by solving problems and creating projects (I'd like to mention that this was made perfectly clear to me before I enlisted). The hands-on course work included Object Oriented Programming (OOP), problem solving with algorithms, and creating many android applications that centered around specific functions with the addition of an Internship.
As a current Android Developer, I've worked at two companies now since my departure from TurnToTech; and I cant stress how similar the course work is to what I've faced on the job. To clarify what I mean, I'll give a quick rundown of how finding and working at a Mobile/Android developer role is like.
1) To get an interview, you need a resume depicting projects you've worked on as a Software Engineer. Thus my resume (I'll note here that I was a recent Nursing grad and the only job exp I had was at the Home Depot) compromised of small android applications which TTT's course provided to create and that I continued adding onto(polished them and added my own features), the internship project at TTT which I got to work within a dev team of fellow students under the instructor who I say acted as a product manager/lead developer, and my own small application which the instructors were more than happy to encourage/help me create.
2) To pass the interview, you'll usually need to answer various Android (or w/e you specialize in) questions as well as solve an algorithm challenge/s. Both of these topics I covered within the course. As mentioned, TTT's course includes a dive into solving algorithms and learning about multiple data structures. And besides creating multiple Android apps pertaining to all the major Android components, the course provides multiple quizzes (open ended and multiple choice) to help solidify your understanding over a specific topic. In addition, the intstructors themselves offer mock interviews that are similar to what you'll face in real life.
3) Once you get a job in any Software engineering role, you'll quickly realize how there isn't a one solution to fix all problems. You'll constantly be problem solving all day every day; and that is what I believe TTT excels at the most. TTT teaches you how to create/find the answers yourself. By being a bootcamp, which encourages students to become self-proficient, they prepare you for the everyday environment where you're expected to produce without much help.
To wrap things up, the experience I got at TTT was great. For the negative reviews regarding the nature of the course, those people missed the point of the bootcamp. This wasnt a standard college course substitute. TTT was a place that accepted me with zero software development knowledge then prepared me for a software developer job in under a year. So yes, if you attend this course and have a question about a problem you're stuck on and the instructor kindly encourages you to find the answer on StackOverflow, its because thats what you'll be doing every day within your software developer career.... Read Less
- 17Reviews1CoursePrincipal Analytics Prep offers a 12-week, full-time and 12-week part-time data specialist bootcamps in New York City. The data bootcamps cover Python, R, st... Read MorePrincipal Analytics Prep offers a 12-week, full-time and 12-week part-time data specialist bootcamps in New York City. The data bootcamps cover Python, R, statistical reasoning, machine learning, SQL, data visualization, and more. Seeking to assemble small classes of highly motivated individuals who have a promising future in the data science and business analytics, Principal Analytics Prep wants to give students a solid launchpad for their new career. The 12-week Certified Data Specialist immersion program is a full-throttle educational experience, featuring full days of lectures, occasional guest speakers, social activities and career counseling sessions. Instructors are industry veterans from large and small companies, a variety of industries, and a mix of academic backgrounds. Read More
RJ Hardeman, MSLIS
5Graduate - Course: Certified Data Specialist - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Vote Yes for Principal Analytics PrepI have completed the Summer 2019 cohort and recommend Principal Analytics Prep for a thorough immersion into the various competencies needed to be a data scienc ... Read More
I have completed the Summer 2019 cohort and recommend Principal Analytics Prep for a thorough immersion into the various competencies needed to be a data science professional. Big data is everywhere, growing and overgrowing the ability for normal business to analyze and predict. We need to know how to step into the big data arena and offer our best services. With Principal Analytics Prep, small class size, top-notch instructors and founder Kaiser Fung’s industry perspective provide the best way to gain the skills needed. There is no shortcut to fully understanding the concepts. Its up to you to keep up with assignments and manage your accomplishments, but you will receive the information, tools and be able to develop a game plan for success. I enjoyed my instructors, classmates and real-world guest speakers and actually maintained an ever-expanding database of my newly acquired skills. If you have done your due diligence and this is where you want to be, you will not be disappointed.... Read Less
- 26Reviews9CoursesShillington School is a graphic design bootcamp offering 12-week full-time and 36-week part-time courses with campuses in New York, London, Manchester, Sydne... Read MoreShillington School is a graphic design bootcamp offering 12-week full-time and 36-week part-time courses with campuses in New York, London, Manchester, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and online. Shillington is focused on the entire design process, and instructors take students through the design process from beginning to end, integrating idea generation, technical knowledge, and studio skill. Students will also learn design theory, typography, and packaging for mobile app design, and user experience (UX). Read More
5Student - Course: (UK) Full-Time Graphic Design Course - Manchester
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: My experienceMy Shillington experience was incredible. Every day working on new challenging briefs that taught me specific skills I needed to be a graphic designer but while ... Read MoreMy Shillington experience was incredible. Every day working on new challenging briefs that taught me specific skills I needed to be a graphic designer but while learning in a way that is identical to what I encounter now, Skills that I use day in and day out I really wouldn't be where I am today without it. Since Shillington I've worked as a designer now for 5 years and loving every second, freelancing for companies like the BBC I couldn't recommend Shillington more.... Read Less
Verified Via GitHub
Says: A wonderful experienceI had a bit of knowledge in web development prior to enrolling in the UConn Full Stack Flex Bootcamp. I had been teaching myself through FreeCodeCamp, Udemy cou ... Read MoreI had a bit of knowledge in web development prior to enrolling in the UConn Full Stack Flex Bootcamp. I had been teaching myself through FreeCodeCamp, Udemy courses, and just reading and trying stuff on my own. While these methods gave me a decent foundation, I was having trouble understanding concepts and didn't really have any direction of what to build or do. I was also skeptical of signing up because it's a lot of money to spend if the program doesn't end up working out. In short, I wish I had enrolled in this bootcamp sooner. My instructor, Michael, (and in his absence Ross) were incredible at teaching us and helping us learn complicated topics. My TAs were wonderful as well. Nathan and Chris were always willing to meet early/stay late with us to help us with any homework or projects we were struggling with. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this bootcamp or the people who work it. While EXTREMELY fast paced, I feel I learned an incredible amount and it was worth every penny.... Read Less
5 - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: International students experience of the backend Python CourseCode Immersives really isn't a bootcamp, It's a school and so far one of the best schools I have attended. Not only do they take everybody in mind ( from people ... Read MoreCode Immersives really isn't a bootcamp, It's a school and so far one of the best schools I have attended. Not only do they take everybody in mind ( from people with no experience to people with a lot of experience) but they also are just really there to provide you with industry knowledge to get you out in the job market. As an international student I was hesitant at first thinking about the whole paper work I would have to fill in but Tom my DSO and Anthony helped me every step of the way not only did they guide me through the process but once the course started were they available pretty much to answer any of my concerns. Then talking about the teachers they all come from various backgrounds in the industry and have so much knowledge about the industry standards that it is often so interesting to hear them explain concepts and see how they approach problems (shout out to my teachers Rashaan and Kelvin they really thought me so much). This doesn't take away from the fact that you will always have to put in the work to learn the concepts you see in class and to review and I guess 'do your homework'. If you are hesitant about joining a course or bootcamp then don't cause like I said code Immersives provides so much more then that. I am finishing up my last term right now and am excited to get started in the job market. If you have any questions about the course feel free to reach out to me.... Read Less
- 66Reviews12CoursesData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, a... Read MoreData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, and provides comprehensive, hands-on training that helps students jump into practical data science, including R programming, AWS, and Azure tools. The in-person course can be completed in five days, and the online course can be completed within 14 weeks. Bootcamp students are trained in machine learning concepts, and deploy predictive models as a service, complete an IoT (Internet of Things) project, and enter a Kaggle competition. The curriculum is taught by experienced data scientists covering both data science and data engineering. All students participate in an in-class Kaggle competition against their peers. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Remote Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp - Seattle
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: 16 Week Remote DSDojo Bootcamp16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thoroug ... Read More16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thorough. The lessons and homework flow very intuitively. The modules covered build on concepts in a way that really helps with understanding. The instructors really promote class interaction which is good for tackling these topics in such a short time, getting our engagement rather than simply lecturing at us. They also encourage participation in a class Kaggle competition, which helps with additional free-form practical application of the concepts covered in class (plus some friendly competition for motivation). Most importantly, the instructors are very interactive, hands on, and passionate. They want to see every cohort succeed in their learning and you can see the labor of love that goes into teaching us, providing quality content both in the sessions and via the course site. This really sets them apart from other bootcamps, especially those provided online.... Read Less
The course covers all the hot topics in the Data Science field, grounding in the perspective that the bootcamp is looking to prepare students with a broad range of experiences. I appreciate the context they provide and the thought that went into exposing us to a little bit of everything and the skills to jump in.
5Graduate - Course: Bootcamp Prep - San Francisco
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Bootcamp PrepI highly recommend First Step Coding's "Bootcamp Prep Course " as an introduction to the curriculum, and format you'll experience in a Bootcamp.Andy and Shlomy ... Read MoreI highly recommend First Step Coding's "Bootcamp Prep Course " as an introduction to the curriculum, and format you'll experience in a Bootcamp.... Read Less
Andy and Shlomy were great instructors. They have both technical expertise and teaching skills. The final “interview” with Kurt at the end of the class put me on the data science path. The material from this course gave me a good foundation to start prepping for a bootcamp.
I just graduated from Metis' Data Science Bootcamp, and it all started with the Bootcamp Prep Course.
- 35Reviews3CoursesThe Data Incubator offers an intensive full-time, 8-week Data Science Fellowship, a part-time, 20-week Data Science Fellowship, and a full-time, 8-week Data ... Read MoreThe Data Incubator offers an intensive full-time, 8-week Data Science Fellowship, a part-time, 20-week Data Science Fellowship, and a full-time, 8-week Data Engineering Fellowship in NYC, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and online. Designed by experienced data science instructors and with feedback from industry partners, TDI’s data programs help students master in-demand skills so they can launch a data career. The course accepts applicants who have degrees in STEM and equips them with the final skills to be self-sufficient, productive contributors to data science. Read More
Andres Gonzalez Casabianca
5Graduate - Course: Data Incubator Fellowship - Washington
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great way to hone your skills and position yourself as a Data Scientist in the industryThe application process can be daunting and intimidating, however, each step has its reasons. This makes each cohort learn and progress in a homogeneous pace, w ... Read More
The application process can be daunting and intimidating, however, each step has its reasons. This makes each cohort learn and progress in a homogeneous pace, which is key to a successful completion of the TDI.
I was part of the D.C 2017 winter cohort and the 8 weeks were key to position myself as a Data Scientist in the industry. You share and work collaboratively with the rest of the cohort, making it invaluable because you are not only learning from the diverse curriculum but also from your peers. At the end of the day, Data Science is both a Science and an Art, so different perspectives and approaches to problem-solving definitely enhance your skillset.
Additionally, there is a focus on soft skills, from getting your resume up to speed to effective communication. Each week there are dedicated sessions on how to tackle interview questions, how to sell yourself, and how to navigate opportunely the recruiting process, complementing TDI's rigorous technical curriculum.
Going to the TDI was not only enriching but also enjoyable. You come out of the program with a powerful network of top-notch data scientist, a second to none skillset and the right toolkit to navigate the corporate world.... Read Less
- 23Reviews1CourseJigsaw Labs is a data engineering bootcamp taught part-time and online. Jigsaw Labs offers a 24-week Data Engineering Bootcamp and a 12-week Web Development ... Read MoreJigsaw Labs is a data engineering bootcamp taught part-time and online. Jigsaw Labs offers a 24-week Data Engineering Bootcamp and a 12-week Web Development Bootcamp with Python. In the Data Engineering bootcamp, students will learn backend programming (Python, SQL, Flask and testing), how to work with professional codebases, DevOps (AWS, Docker), and data pipelines (Pyspark, Airflow, Redshift, DBT). The Web Development with Python course curriculum covers Python, OOP, SQL, Flask, and Dashboards. Read More
5Graduate - Course: Data Engineering Career Course - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Process over python"Process over python" was a quote that the instructor Jeff reinforced throughout the course. Yes we learned the technical knowledge of python for building ETL p ... Read More
"Process over python" was a quote that the instructor Jeff reinforced throughout the course. Yes we learned the technical knowledge of python for building ETL pipelines from scratch, but Jigsaw also teaches you how to think like a programmer and approach problems using data engineering logic. You stop worrying about if you can solve something, and start breaking down a coding challenge piece by piece using the Jigsaw curriculum's methodology and principles that utilize python's incredible programming logic of data type transformations, functions, inheritance, etc. so you're prepared for any data engineering position. The course materials are 100% dedicated to data engineering, and Jeff is supported by incredible TAs that circulate rooms so that you're never stuck. Finally, the externship finishes off the immersive and the hands on experience was invaluable and tied everything together. The job support continues indefinitely beyond the course as well. Finally, my cohort was wonderful and we all learned as a team and I look forward to maintaining those genuine connections.... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: Web Design Certificate (NYC or Online) - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
5Graduate - Course: Software Engineering Bootcamp - Long Island
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Software engineerI learned coding at Nebula, I was part of the first bootcamp. It was not easy at the beginning but it was amazing to see all you can do with a few lines of code ... Read MoreI learned coding at Nebula, I was part of the first bootcamp. It was not easy at the beginning but it was amazing to see all you can do with a few lines of codes and that changed everything. I also learned many other skills among them, problem solving which is very important because it will help you in your entire life either you are in technology or not. Great online environment and support learning, great teachers, great school.... Read Less
- 5Reviews1CourseBeginex is a selective, 15-week, part-time UX career accelerator taught live online from New York City. Beginex was designed by industry experts to help cand... Read MoreBeginex is a selective, 15-week, part-time UX career accelerator taught live online from New York City. Beginex was designed by industry experts to help candidates transition into UX and is compatible with a regular work schedule. The program is mentored by experienced UX practitioners from companies like Etsy, LearnVest, ThoughtWorks and Google. The curriculum is based on real social impact projects with real clients. Candidates admitted to the program build skills and real experience, expand their professional networks and learn how to prepare and find a UX job. Read More
5Graduate - Course: UX Design Career Accelerator w/ Real Mission-Driven Clients - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thank you, Beginex!So.... my story is that I was a graphic design student back in the day, and landed a print design job. After a few years, we ALL know what happened with print d ... Read MoreSo.... my story is that I was a graphic design student back in the day, and landed a print design job. After a few years, we ALL know what happened with print design (rip) so I was forced to reconsider my career. I went ahead and looked around at what I could do and how I could pivot. Turns out, there was no such school at that time to teach me how to bridge the gap of knowledge I had and what I wanted to learn to further my career at the time, so I bartended. For a LONG time. All the way through the pandemic actually! I learned a TON about people and had fun, BUT it wasn't ideal.... Read Less
Then I read about Beginex. I wasn't sure about it, so I spoke with the director. He was super informative on the process, and how it worked, and was very clear about the education model he used (which is genius and more schools should follow this imho)
Here's the deal. Essentially, I got real life experience in UX with a REAL company, on a REAL job with the help of mentors who are established in the field. What a great idea! So I of course signed up. (Also I heard that when people go to other bootcamps, the portfolios are very 'student work' looking, and usually have similar fake projects that hiring managers tend to pick up on.)
I am now (within 2 years mind you) a Senior UX.UI designer, at a very large company, and am making really good $$. It was hard work on my part to get where I'm at, but Beginex DEFINITELY made it possible.
I am 1000% thrilled that I made the choice to go through Beginex, and I am forever grateful as it honestly transformed my life, my mentality, and my confidence. HUGELY recommend!
- 35Reviews10CoursesJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online.... Read MoreJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online. The JUMP curriculum covers Salesforce, React, and ETL. JUMP bootcamp was founded by Cognixia, a digital transformation and training company, and its mission is to bridge the gap between the demand for qualified IT professionals and the supply of qualified tech workers. Students work, learn, and train with industry experts who have led tech companies. JUMP is committed to the career success of its students and does this through projects that help them understand the implementation of technology in real-life situations. Students will also learn soft skills, such as how to navigate the nuances of work-life and other interpersonal abilities that will make them more attractive to prospective employers. JUMP's Coaching Service helps with resume formatting, interview best practices, and professional self-development. Read More
5Student - Course: Full Stack Java - Jersey City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: No Interviews to Full Time Developer!!I went to college for CS and graduated in 2020. I was applying to every single entry level developer job out there but got very few call backs for an interview. ... Read MoreI went to college for CS and graduated in 2020. I was applying to every single entry level developer job out there but got very few call backs for an interview. Without having industry level experience, I could not get an entry level developer job. I ended up working at a help desk and hated it. I went to college for programing, and that is what my passion was in. When I got a call from a recruiter about the JUMP program and how they will teach me exactly what companies what and have the connections to get me in front of an interview I leapt at the opportunity!! JUMP turned out better than I imagined! The instructors were amazing, they taught us from scratch how to code, build full stack apps hosted on the cloud, and practice interviews. I was finally able to get in front of interviews and knew exactly how to get the job!!... Read Less