40 Best Coding Bootcamps in Stamford
- 1144Reviews7CoursesFounded in 2012, App Academy is a global coding bootcamp with a focus on software engineering. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, inc... Learn more about App Academy.Founded in 2012, App Academy is a global coding bootcamp with a focus on software engineering. App Academy offers programs that fit every learning style, including an In-Person Software Engineering Program (16 weeks) in NYC, an Accelerated Online Full-Time 16-Week Bootcamp, a 24-Week Online Full-Time Software Engineering Program, and an Online Part-Time Software Engineering Program (48 weeks). App Academy alumni have found Software Engineering roles at a range of start-ups and top tech companies. Learn more about App Academy.Katie Han
5Graduate - Course: 16-Week In-Person New York Bootcamp - San Francisco
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Successfully break into software engineeringI chose App Academy because it was one of the few bootcamps that still offered an in-person experience. I attended App Academy’s 16-week in person software engiI chose App Academy because it was one of the few bootcamps that still offered an in-person experience. I attended App Academy’s 16-week in person software engineering program in San Francisco. Being able to have your instructors there with you and pair program with your peers in-person was invaluable. If being in-person is something you can commit to, I highly recommend it!The coursework is rigorous (about 8 hrs of lectures/programming during the day and a few more hours of readings/homework at night) and the job search after is even more rigorous. But they do provide you with all the tools you need to succeed with experienced instructors, opportunities to build projects to showcase your skills, and career workshops and partnership jobs after. The in-person curriculum may be lacking Python, but App Academy prepares you to learn and implement new languages and frameworks on your own.I was previously a marketing manager with little coding experience. The job market was slow at the time I graduated App Academy and it took me 6 months to receive 2 software engineering offers. The program is tough, but definitely rewarding if you are dedicated to shifting your career into engineering.
- 377Reviews5CoursesNYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a... Learn more about NYC Data Science Academy.NYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a nationally accredited Data Science Bootcamp in the U.S that teaches both Python and R. In the program, students will learn beginner and intermediate levels of Data Science with Hadoop, Spark, Github, Docker, SQL, R, and Python packages like XgBoost, Caret, Dplyr, Ggplot2, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and more. The program distinguishes itself by balancing intensive lectures with real-world project work and the breadth of its curriculum. The academy is well known for its industry project-oriented learning experience and well-immersed community established since 2013. Learn more about NYC Data Science Academy.Baptiste Mokas
5Graduate - Course: 12-Weeks In-Person/ Remote Live Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: AmazingI am a french mathematician and the bootcamp was exactly what i was looking for : A good way to learn and apply datascience ! The staff is amazing, the locationI am a french mathematician and the bootcamp was exactly what i was looking for : A good way to learn and apply datascience ! The staff is amazing, the location, their network, everything was amazing
- 1952Reviews33CoursesBrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, Lond... Learn more about BrainStation.BrainStation offers full-time and part-time courses in data science, design, development, marketing, cyber security and product in New York City, Miami, London, Toronto, Vancouver, and through an Online Live platform. BrainStation’s goal is to empower individuals, businesses, and brands to succeed in the digital age by offering diploma programs, certification courses, and training options across the full digital product lifecycle. BrainStation provides a collaborative, project-based learning experience, with curriculum updated on a daily basis to ensure professionals gain the skills and experience needed to succeed in their careers. Learn more about BrainStation.Jonathan Yeung
5Student - Course: Product Management Course - London
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great upskilling for people in techThe course is highly recommended for people who are interested in product development in general.I have read "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries before, and was intThe course is highly recommended for people who are interested in product development in general.
I have read "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries before, and was intrigued by those ideas for developing new products, especially in tech industry. Lean, MVP, validated learning, and finding Product-Market Fit are all amazing concepts, and here the course provides very well structured and detailed illustrations on these with updated tools including Figma, Google Analytics and ChatGPT. The practical industry examples provided by instructors also add a lot of context for the methodologies, which give students a more concrete sense of how those frameworks are implemented in reality.
- 574Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Learn more about Flatiron School.Flatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Learn more about Flatiron School.BEGACHE SARA
5Student - Course: Software Engineering - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: One of the best if not THE best bootcamp i ever enrolled inI joined ReCoded Algeria Bootcamp back in june 2017, currently i'm still a student in it and will hopefully graduate by December, the whole bootcamp was nothingI joined ReCoded Algeria Bootcamp back in june 2017, currently i'm still a student in it and will hopefully graduate by December, the whole bootcamp was nothing but an amazing experience, from the mentors, to the career prep teams, to the choosen students, to the provided materials and feedback, truly the best. It wasn't onlu great academically but felt homey as well with the shared love, laughter, memes and even personal experiences from everyone included. I HIGHLY recommend it!
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Remote Software Engineering Immersive - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 662Reviews15CoursesGeneral Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career chang... Learn more about General Assembly.General Assembly is a technical education provider that teaches students the skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to make a career change into a tech role, in as little as three months. General Assembly offers part-time and full-time bootcamps and short courses in web and mobile development, product management, data science, and more. The bootcamp experience is led by instructors who are expert practitioners in their field. Students should expect to build a solid portfolio of real-life projects. Since 2011, General Assembly has graduated more than 40,000 students worldwide from the full time and part time bootcamp. Learn more about General Assembly.Ernest Tan
5Graduate - Course: 2. Software Engineering Bootcamp (Full Time) - Singapore
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Detemination Paid OffIf you have the determination and self-discipline to put in consistent effort to continously learn, you can excel in software engineering. The GA SEI course isIf you have the determination and self-discipline to put in consistent effort to continously learn, you can excel in software engineering. The GA SEI course is excellent and I recommend it.
- 218Reviews2CoursesProduct School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online ... Learn more about Product School.Product School is an online technical training provider that offers part-time product management courses. These certification courses are taught live online in small cohorts, and the schedule is designed to fit around a work schedule. Product School’s methodology features the hands-on experience members need to build digital products and lead cross-functional teams. Instructors for the courses are Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies including Google, Meta, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon. Product School offers a community of over two million product professionals. Learn more about Product School.Patrick Cheron
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative andProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.
5Graduate - Course: UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Prepare good specialistsI am happy that I took the UX/UI Design course at Columbia University Engineering.Before making my decision, I researched many private courses and programs at oI am happy that I took the UX/UI Design course at Columbia University Engineering.
Before making my decision, I researched many private courses and programs at other universities. I can tell you that this is the most comprehensive and balanced program at a competitive fee. At others schools, you get a third of the material from this course for the same price. Another important factor is the excellent reputation of Columbia University as one of the most prestigious universities not only in the US but the world. This translates into the quality of its educational programs and teaching staff. Also, this certificate program allows one to attend classes in the evening so as not to interfere with one’s job. It’s very convenient for those working individuals who want to further develop their UX/UI skills or change their profession altogether.
Why did I choose the UX/UI Design program? I have a degree in web design, programming, and computer graphics. However, I did very little work in this area, more often as a freelancer, as this was not my main job. I received my diploma 10 years ago and a lot of what I learned then became outdated. Back then there wasn’t even a concept of UX/ UI. I decided to go back to doing UX/UI as I feel that this is an area I can excel in. Knowing what I needed to learn for my future job made it easier for me to choose this course. I advise anyone who wants to change their profession and doesn’t know where to start to sign up for Columbia Engineering UX/UI Boot Camp. I can assure you for sure that you will get a good starting base knowledge of UX/UI. During the course, you will create a personal portfolio which is not so easy to do on your own, especially if you are not familiar with web design and user research. I highly recommend Columbia Engineering UX/UI Boot Camp course!
- 72Reviews6CoursesByte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Pyth... Learn more about Byte Academy.Byte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Python development, FinTech (financial technology), Data Science, Blockchain and Quant-Algos. Full-time onsite programs consist of 14 weeks; part-time programs are 24 weeks, 2 evenings per week and remote courses have flexible scheduling options. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Learn more about Byte Academy.Adrian Heredia
5Student - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Intro to PythonAnton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and reallyAnton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and really helped explain anything not understood by any of the students, by examples and y showing us the code. Thank you so much for the great experience.
- 58Reviews2CoursesThe Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choos... Learn more about Grace Hopper Program.The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choose between the 28-week, part-time bootcamp with nights-and-weekends sessions or the 16-week, full-time bootcamp with Monday-Friday sessions. As part of the Grace Hopper Program, students will gain knowledge and experience through a mix of live online lectures, hands-on workshops, projects, pair-programming, and more. Learn more about Grace Hopper Program.Em
5Graduate - Course: Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive - New York City
Verified Via GitHub
Says: A collaborative, fun, and fullstack experience.My experience at the Grace Hopper Program changed my life in a myriad of ways. Their curriculum is extremely thorough and as they say, "they will not let you faMy experience at the Grace Hopper Program changed my life in a myriad of ways. Their curriculum is extremely thorough and as they say, "they will not let you fail." I think though, that besides teaching me their specific stack, GHP really taught me how to think like a programmer. Since graduating I've been able to teach myself so many new languages and technologies because of this experience. I chose the program because I'm a nonbinary student and wanted to go somewhere where my identity would be respected, and I absolutely felt that throughout my experience. My cohortmates, fellows, and instructors were so supportive and still are even now after I've graduated. The pair programming enabled me to learn to speak technically and work with others in this new environment, and the workshops are still useful for me to go through even now that I'm an employed software engineer. I cannot recommend the Grace Hopper Program enough for any woman or nonbinary person looking to get into the technical field.
5Student - Course: Full Stack Flex - Full-Time - Somerset
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great experience and detailed guidanceI have spent a lot of time researching online on how to create my own webApp and found it to be a huge challenge being that there are so many resources online aI have spent a lot of time researching online on how to create my own webApp and found it to be a huge challenge being that there are so many resources online and steps required to complete a full stack webApp. Joining this Bootcamp has allowed me to closely work with the instructor to dive deep into all the necessary steps to creating a webApp. I have also had the chance to work with tutors to help me get through some tough homework assignments. I am more than halfway done with the bootcamp and the knowledge I have already gained is a whole lot! The instructor is very patient and does an amazing job explaining every line of code to ensure his students understand how the functionality works. The guidance is awesome and I definitely suggest anyone looking to learn code to join Rutgers Bootcamp. Even for someone like myself who already had some background knowledge in web development, I learn something new everyday! I highly recommend this course to all beginners, intermediate and even advanced. And to top it off, the career services provided to help prepare for future jobs is incredible.
- 41Reviews2CoursesPursuit offers an intensive, Full Stack Web Development Fellowship in New York City and online that trains adults from underserved communities to build caree... Learn more about Pursuit.Pursuit offers an intensive, Full Stack Web Development Fellowship in New York City and online that trains adults from underserved communities to build careers in the tech industry. The Pursuit Fellowship consists of two parts: one year of training (Pursuit Core) and three years of career support (Pursuit Advance). The curriculum includes three major threads: Technical Mastery, Industry Readiness, and Leadership Personal Development. On average, Fellows go from making $18,000 pre-program to over $85,000 post-program. Learn more about Pursuit.John Jones
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Web Development Nights/Weekends - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Etsy Software EngPursuit has helped changed my life by allowing me to meet others who are like-minded as me and people who can help us achieve our goals. Pursuit has provided mePursuit has helped changed my life by allowing me to meet others who are like-minded as me and people who can help us achieve our goals. Pursuit has provided me with the tools needed to enter the tech industry and thrive!
- 26Reviews7CoursesTurnToTech offers full-time, 10 to 16-week mobile development and part-time, 30 to 36-week cyber security bootcamps based in New York, New York. TurnToTech a... Learn more about TurnToTech.TurnToTech offers full-time, 10 to 16-week mobile development and part-time, 30 to 36-week cyber security bootcamps based in New York, New York. TurnToTech aims to produce well-rounded software engineers with a deep understanding of mobile platforms, app development, and cyber security. Learn more about TurnToTech.Eugenio Lopez
5Graduate - Course: Android Bootcamp - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great place to begin your software engineering path.As a former full-time Android student and current Mobile/Android Developer, I can confidently say that TurnToTech has played an immense role in starting my care
As a former full-time Android student and current Mobile/Android Developer, I can confidently say that TurnToTech has played an immense role in starting my career as a Mobile Developer. Their bootcamp offered an immersive hands on course experience which ensured I had the skill set needed to survive in a professional Software Developer environment.
TTT's course was not the typical class room/lecture environment. It was the kind of course which engages you to constantly learn by solving problems and creating projects (I'd like to mention that this was made perfectly clear to me before I enlisted). The hands-on course work included Object Oriented Programming (OOP), problem solving with algorithms, and creating many android applications that centered around specific functions with the addition of an Internship.
As a current Android Developer, I've worked at two companies now since my departure from TurnToTech; and I cant stress how similar the course work is to what I've faced on the job. To clarify what I mean, I'll give a quick rundown of how finding and working at a Mobile/Android developer role is like.
1) To get an interview, you need a resume depicting projects you've worked on as a Software Engineer. Thus my resume (I'll note here that I was a recent Nursing grad and the only job exp I had was at the Home Depot) compromised of small android applications which TTT's course provided to create and that I continued adding onto(polished them and added my own features), the internship project at TTT which I got to work within a dev team of fellow students under the instructor who I say acted as a product manager/lead developer, and my own small application which the instructors were more than happy to encourage/help me create.
2) To pass the interview, you'll usually need to answer various Android (or w/e you specialize in) questions as well as solve an algorithm challenge/s. Both of these topics I covered within the course. As mentioned, TTT's course includes a dive into solving algorithms and learning about multiple data structures. And besides creating multiple Android apps pertaining to all the major Android components, the course provides multiple quizzes (open ended and multiple choice) to help solidify your understanding over a specific topic. In addition, the intstructors themselves offer mock interviews that are similar to what you'll face in real life.
3) Once you get a job in any Software engineering role, you'll quickly realize how there isn't a one solution to fix all problems. You'll constantly be problem solving all day every day; and that is what I believe TTT excels at the most. TTT teaches you how to create/find the answers yourself. By being a bootcamp, which encourages students to become self-proficient, they prepare you for the everyday environment where you're expected to produce without much help.
To wrap things up, the experience I got at TTT was great. For the negative reviews regarding the nature of the course, those people missed the point of the bootcamp. This wasnt a standard college course substitute. TTT was a place that accepted me with zero software development knowledge then prepared me for a software developer job in under a year. So yes, if you attend this course and have a question about a problem you're stuck on and the instructor kindly encourages you to find the answer on StackOverflow, its because thats what you'll be doing every day within your software developer career.
- 17Reviews1CoursePrincipal Analytics Prep offers a 12-week, full-time and 12-week part-time data specialist bootcamps in New York City. The data bootcamps cover Python, R, st... Learn more about Principal Analytics Prep.Principal Analytics Prep offers a 12-week, full-time and 12-week part-time data specialist bootcamps in New York City. The data bootcamps cover Python, R, statistical reasoning, machine learning, SQL, data visualization, and more. Seeking to assemble small classes of highly motivated individuals who have a promising future in the data science and business analytics, Principal Analytics Prep wants to give students a solid launchpad for their new career. The 12-week Certified Data Specialist immersion program is a full-throttle educational experience, featuring full days of lectures, occasional guest speakers, social activities and career counseling sessions. Instructors are industry veterans from large and small companies, a variety of industries, and a mix of academic backgrounds. Learn more about Principal Analytics Prep.RJ Hardeman, MSLIS
5Graduate - Course: Certified Data Specialist - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Vote Yes for Principal Analytics PrepI have completed the Summer 2019 cohort and recommend Principal Analytics Prep for a thorough immersion into the various competencies needed to be a data scienc
I have completed the Summer 2019 cohort and recommend Principal Analytics Prep for a thorough immersion into the various competencies needed to be a data science professional. Big data is everywhere, growing and overgrowing the ability for normal business to analyze and predict. We need to know how to step into the big data arena and offer our best services. With Principal Analytics Prep, small class size, top-notch instructors and founder Kaiser Fung’s industry perspective provide the best way to gain the skills needed. There is no shortcut to fully understanding the concepts. Its up to you to keep up with assignments and manage your accomplishments, but you will receive the information, tools and be able to develop a game plan for success. I enjoyed my instructors, classmates and real-world guest speakers and actually maintained an ever-expanding database of my newly acquired skills. If you have done your due diligence and this is where you want to be, you will not be disappointed.
- 26Reviews9CoursesShillington School is a graphic design bootcamp offering 12-week full-time and 36-week part-time courses with campuses in New York, London, Manchester, Sydne... Learn more about Shillington School.Shillington School is a graphic design bootcamp offering 12-week full-time and 36-week part-time courses with campuses in New York, London, Manchester, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and online. Shillington is focused on the entire design process, and instructors take students through the design process from beginning to end, integrating idea generation, technical knowledge, and studio skill. Students will also learn design theory, typography, and packaging for mobile app design, and user experience (UX). Learn more about Shillington School.Daniel Crossley
5Student - Course: (UK) Full-Time Graphic Design Course - Manchester
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: My experienceMy Shillington experience was incredible. Every day working on new challenging briefs that taught me specific skills I needed to be a graphic designer but whileMy Shillington experience was incredible. Every day working on new challenging briefs that taught me specific skills I needed to be a graphic designer but while learning in a way that is identical to what I encounter now, Skills that I use day in and day out I really wouldn't be where I am today without it. Since Shillington I've worked as a designer now for 5 years and loving every second, freelancing for companies like the BBC I couldn't recommend Shillington more.
Verified Via GitHub
Says: A wonderful experienceI had a bit of knowledge in web development prior to enrolling in the UConn Full Stack Flex Bootcamp. I had been teaching myself through FreeCodeCamp, Udemy couI had a bit of knowledge in web development prior to enrolling in the UConn Full Stack Flex Bootcamp. I had been teaching myself through FreeCodeCamp, Udemy courses, and just reading and trying stuff on my own. While these methods gave me a decent foundation, I was having trouble understanding concepts and didn't really have any direction of what to build or do. I was also skeptical of signing up because it's a lot of money to spend if the program doesn't end up working out. In short, I wish I had enrolled in this bootcamp sooner. My instructor, Michael, (and in his absence Ross) were incredible at teaching us and helping us learn complicated topics. My TAs were wonderful as well. Nathan and Chris were always willing to meet early/stay late with us to help us with any homework or projects we were struggling with. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this bootcamp or the people who work it. While EXTREMELY fast paced, I feel I learned an incredible amount and it was worth every penny.
5 - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: International students experience of the backend Python CourseCode Immersives really isn't a bootcamp, It's a school and so far one of the best schools I have attended. Not only do they take everybody in mind ( from peopleCode Immersives really isn't a bootcamp, It's a school and so far one of the best schools I have attended. Not only do they take everybody in mind ( from people with no experience to people with a lot of experience) but they also are just really there to provide you with industry knowledge to get you out in the job market. As an international student I was hesitant at first thinking about the whole paper work I would have to fill in but Tom my DSO and Anthony helped me every step of the way not only did they guide me through the process but once the course started were they available pretty much to answer any of my concerns. Then talking about the teachers they all come from various backgrounds in the industry and have so much knowledge about the industry standards that it is often so interesting to hear them explain concepts and see how they approach problems (shout out to my teachers Rashaan and Kelvin they really thought me so much). This doesn't take away from the fact that you will always have to put in the work to learn the concepts you see in class and to review and I guess 'do your homework'. If you are hesitant about joining a course or bootcamp then don't cause like I said code Immersives provides so much more then that. I am finishing up my last term right now and am excited to get started in the job market. If you have any questions about the course feel free to reach out to me.
- 67Reviews7CoursesData Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, a... Learn more about Data Science Dojo.Data Science Dojo offers online and in-person data science bootcamps in Redmond, Washington. Data Science Dojo believes that anyone can learn data science, and provides comprehensive, hands-on training that helps students jump into practical data science, including R programming, AWS, and Azure tools. The in-person course can be completed in five days, and the online course can be completed within 14 weeks. Bootcamp students are trained in machine learning concepts, and deploy predictive models as a service, complete an IoT (Internet of Things) project, and enter a Kaggle competition. The curriculum is taught by experienced data scientists covering both data science and data engineering. All students participate in an in-class Kaggle competition against their peers. Learn more about Data Science Dojo.Tatyana S.
5Graduate - Course: Remote Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp - Seattle
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: 16 Week Remote DSDojo Bootcamp16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thoroug16 weeks may seem like a daunting time commitment, but the course is so worth it! The way the Data Science Dojo crew runs their bootcamp program is very thorough. The lessons and homework flow very intuitively. The modules covered build on concepts in a way that really helps with understanding. The instructors really promote class interaction which is good for tackling these topics in such a short time, getting our engagement rather than simply lecturing at us. They also encourage participation in a class Kaggle competition, which helps with additional free-form practical application of the concepts covered in class (plus some friendly competition for motivation). Most importantly, the instructors are very interactive, hands on, and passionate. They want to see every cohort succeed in their learning and you can see the labor of love that goes into teaching us, providing quality content both in the sessions and via the course site. This really sets them apart from other bootcamps, especially those provided online.
The course covers all the hot topics in the Data Science field, grounding in the perspective that the bootcamp is looking to prepare students with a broad range of experiences. I appreciate the context they provide and the thought that went into exposing us to a little bit of everything and the skills to jump in.
- 29Reviews1CourseJigsaw Labs is a data engineering bootcamp taught part-time and online. Jigsaw Labs offers a 24-week Data Engineering Bootcamp and a 12-week Web Development ... Learn more about Jigsaw Labs.Jigsaw Labs is a data engineering bootcamp taught part-time and online. Jigsaw Labs offers a 24-week Data Engineering Bootcamp and a 12-week Web Development Bootcamp with Python. In the Data Engineering bootcamp, students will learn backend programming (Python, SQL, Flask and testing), how to work with professional codebases, DevOps (AWS, Docker), and data pipelines (Pyspark, Airflow, Redshift, DBT). The Web Development with Python course curriculum covers Python, OOP, SQL, Flask, and Dashboards. Learn more about Jigsaw Labs.Joel Trujillo
5Student - Course: Data Engineering Career Course - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Jigsaw Labs: Phenomenal instructor, cutting-edge curriculum and built-in internshipWhy do most people participate in any type of career bootcamp? The belief that a bootcamp is a cost-effective, time-efficient means to obtain a job. At the endWhy do most people participate in any type of career bootcamp? The belief that a bootcamp is a cost-effective, time-efficient means to obtain a job. At the end of the day, most of us are looking for a bootcamp because we want a job, or to switch careers, and we would like to do so in a way that is more affordable and takes less time than attending a traditional degree-granting institution.
What does this have to do with Jigsaw Labs? Jigsaw Labs is (1) affordable, as in cheaper than you would pay for a traditional degree and has flexible payment options, (2) time-efficient, in that it last 7 months (including an internship) rather than several years, and (3) a money-back guarantee if you do not receive a salary of at least $70,000 within 9 months of graduating the bootcamp.
What is the secret to Jigsaw Labs’ success? As noted in the title of this review, the instructor, Jeff Katz, is absolutely phenomenal, the curriculum is cutting-edge and constantly updated to reflect the latest industry and hiring trends, and there is an internship built into the program.
Let’s start with Jeff. A lawyer by training, Jeff’s true passion is software engineering, and his enthusiasm for software engineering and for teaching shines through. Jeff worked as a software engineer before joining Flatiron School and developing the data science curriculum from scratch, which is to say that Jeff has been in the trenches of not only working as a software engineer, but also developing and teaching curriculum ranging from web development, data science, backend engineering, data engineering and beyond. Not only is Jeff enthusiastic and knowledgeable, but he is also patient and has a way of breaking down and conveying what can often be complex material and concepts (certainly for people with no coding background) in ways that make everything easier to understand. Furthermore, Jeff’s commitment to his students is unwavering, and his guidance and support continue long after the official program is over. My cohort continued to meet with Jeff after the completion of the program and he would give us problems to work on and questions to answer that we were likely to encounter in interviews. Jeff is fantastic about identifying and sharing job opportunities with his students, and does so on a regular basis, even uncovering opportunities that are not posted on sites such as LinkedIn and Indeed. He is great about checking in with you to see how the job search process is going and offering advice along the way. I could go on and on about Jeff, but in summary, you would be hard pressed to find a better instructor.
Next, the curriculum is great. Jeff is in constant contact with his network of hiring managers across a variety of companies, so he always has his finger on the pulse of what the trends are in terms skills, technologies and tools, and importantly, what hiring managers are looking for in candidates and what is being asked and tested during interviews. Broadly, the curriculum covers backend engineering and data engineering, and the result is that students have been able to obtain jobs as data engineers, software engineers, analytics engineers and data scientists, among others.
The final differentiating factor is the built-in internship. Jeff goes to great lengths to identify and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of companies with which to connect his students, providing students with crucial real-world, hands-on experience working as engineers. This is a significant differentiator relative to other boot camps, particularly in this challenging market where hiring managers want proof that you are up to the task and can do the job. It’s great to go through a program and learn the material, but to actually utilize what you have learned in the context of a real company as opposed to only posting personal projects on GitHub is a real differentiator that can help you stand out from other candidates.
All this, and a money-back guarantee? It almost seems too good to be true, but the results speak for themselves. Look at all the five-star reviews and the job placement record, as well as the type of jobs students have obtained. In summary, with a phenomenal instructor, a cutting-edge curriculum and built-in internship, you have nothing to lose, and a great deal of knowledge, connections/network, work experience, and eventually, a job to gain.
5Graduate - Course: Web Design Certificate (NYC or Online) - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
- 59Reviews10CoursesJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Arizona, and Online. The JUMP cur... Learn more about JUMP by Cognixia.JUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Arizona, and Online. The JUMP curriculum covers Salesforce, React, and ETL. JUMP bootcamp was founded by Cognixia, a digital transformation and training company, and its mission is to bridge the gap between the demand for qualified IT professionals and the supply of qualified tech workers. Students work, learn, and train with industry experts who have led tech companies. JUMP is committed to the career success of its students and does this through projects that help them understand the implementation of technology in real-life situations. Students will also learn soft skills, such as how to navigate the nuances of work-life and other interpersonal abilities that will make them more attractive to prospective employers. JUMP's Coaching Service helps with resume formatting, interview best practices, and professional self-development. Learn more about JUMP by Cognixia.Ethan Shin(Jihun Shin)
5Graduate - Course: Virtual Full Stack Java Development - Dallas
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Great experienceIntensive 10 week course, where you learn lot of different basic to intermediate skill set regarding back-end Java developer and computer science itself. Even aIntensive 10 week course, where you learn lot of different basic to intermediate skill set regarding back-end Java developer and computer science itself. Even after graduation there is a jump plus stage where you are able to build more projects and review course materials that is learned during the course until you get deployed to a organization. This course doesn't only focus on technical skills but also allows you to improve your soft skill part and prepare you for the interview.
- 5Reviews1CourseBeginex is a selective, 15-week, part-time UX career accelerator taught live online from New York City. Beginex was designed by industry experts to help cand... Learn more about Beginex.Beginex is a selective, 15-week, part-time UX career accelerator taught live online from New York City. Beginex was designed by industry experts to help candidates transition into UX and is compatible with a regular work schedule. The program is mentored by experienced UX practitioners from companies like Etsy, LearnVest, ThoughtWorks and Google. The curriculum is based on real social impact projects with real clients. Candidates admitted to the program build skills and real experience, expand their professional networks and learn how to prepare and find a UX job. Learn more about Beginex.Kristen Domenico
5Graduate - Course: UX Design Career Accelerator w/ Real Mission-Driven Clients - New York City
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thank you, Beginex!So.... my story is that I was a graphic design student back in the day, and landed a print design job. After a few years, we ALL know what happened with print dSo.... my story is that I was a graphic design student back in the day, and landed a print design job. After a few years, we ALL know what happened with print design (rip) so I was forced to reconsider my career. I went ahead and looked around at what I could do and how I could pivot. Turns out, there was no such school at that time to teach me how to bridge the gap of knowledge I had and what I wanted to learn to further my career at the time, so I bartended. For a LONG time. All the way through the pandemic actually! I learned a TON about people and had fun, BUT it wasn't ideal.
Then I read about Beginex. I wasn't sure about it, so I spoke with the director. He was super informative on the process, and how it worked, and was very clear about the education model he used (which is genius and more schools should follow this imho)
Here's the deal. Essentially, I got real life experience in UX with a REAL company, on a REAL job with the help of mentors who are established in the field. What a great idea! So I of course signed up. (Also I heard that when people go to other bootcamps, the portfolios are very 'student work' looking, and usually have similar fake projects that hiring managers tend to pick up on.)
I am now (within 2 years mind you) a Senior UX.UI designer, at a very large company, and am making really good $$. It was hard work on my part to get where I'm at, but Beginex DEFINITELY made it possible.
I am 1000% thrilled that I made the choice to go through Beginex, and I am forever grateful as it honestly transformed my life, my mentality, and my confidence. HUGELY recommend!
- 80Reviews5CoursesHolberton School is a two-year software engineering school with campuses in Tulsa, San Juan, Bogotá, Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla, Montevideo, Lima, Quito, B... Learn more about Holberton School.Holberton School is a two-year software engineering school with campuses in Tulsa, San Juan, Bogotá, Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla, Montevideo, Lima, Quito, Beirut, Lille, Laval, Toulouse, and Tunis that trains individuals to become Full Stack Software Engineers. The school's mission is to train the next generation of software developers through 100% hands-on learning. The bootcamp is broken into three different components. Students complete the 9-month Foundations school then a 6-month internship follwed by a 9-month Specializations course. Learn more about Holberton School.Pilar Pinto
5Student - Course: Full-Stack | Project-based curriculum - Bogotá
Verified Via GitHub
Says: The best school of softwareIs the best school of software because you have learn a lot of things and you used every concept in the next project, and you start with C and learnt from the b
Is the best school of software because you have learn a lot of things and you used every concept in the next project, and you start with C and learnt from the basis to the advanced topics in order to use that concepts in posterior python knowdledge
- 1Reviews2CoursesThe Recurse Center is a three-month, full-time school in New York for becoming a better programer. It is free and provides space, structure, time to focus, a... Learn more about Recurse Center.The Recurse Center is a three-month, full-time school in New York for becoming a better programer. It is free and provides space, structure, time to focus, and a built-in community of smart builders dedicated to self-improvement. The Recurse Center is entirely project-based and self-directed. Paticipants are expected to start with at least a general programming proficiency as everyone in the program is a teacher and has something to share with their peers. Applicants should genuinely enjoy programming, and they are looking for curiosity, passion, raw intelligence and a desire to build things. Learn more about Recurse Center.