Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date February 10, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai
    April 13, 2020 - Bali

• Lucien Mollard • Student

In a past life, I was a truck driver, which has nothing to do with code. However, a few months ago, I decided to take the plunge and I joined Le Wagon in Paris (batch #43) last October.

Despite my background, the teaching methodology was so effective that I didn't feel overwhelmed by the difficulty of the course. The staff and the atmosphere were great. On top of that, I am amazed by what I got to accomplish at the end of these 9 weeks, whether it was through the AirBnb clone or the final project (www.barde.guitars).

I am now looking to join a company as a Fullstack developer and I already have a few opportunities for full-time positions!`

• Stephanie Savoie • Student
    I graduated from Mechanical Engineering and over the last few years have worked for big corporations where things moved slow and innovation was hard to implement. I was sick of jobs I didn't like and working for companies I didn't believe in. Once that realization came about, I started to look at the young and vibrant tech industry as the next logical step. But how do you make that move? How about learning a new technical skill that would help kickstart my career in the tech startup world? That's when I decided to do Le Wagon.

What a great decision. I joined batch #98 in Montreal. Le Wagon's program offers you the resource, the structure, the support and the motivation to truly learn a new technical skill in 9 weeks. The last 10 days of the bootcamp is when the magic happens and you get to put it all together to build a prototype of a web-app in small groups. My group and I were proud of what we built and had a blast while building it. But it's not just about the learning experience, you also get to meet amazing new people, from your classmates and teachers to the people you meet along the way at the different events recommended or organized by Le Wagon. This means that you leave the bootcamp with a highly in-demand skill, a great network to lean on and a web-app to showcase to the rest of the world as a proof of your awesome new skill.

Le Wagon allowed me to reorient my career in a little over two months, something I wouldn't have been able to do on my own or at least not in such a quick turnaround. If you are reading this review, you are already on the right path... All you have to do is apply and get ready for a 9-week roller coaster like no other.
  • Dirk Schuler • Graduate

When I found out about Le Wagon through a good friend of mine who had previously attended the course I was sold immediately and decided to join the program. So I enrolled myself into batch #95 in one of my favorite cities, Barcelona!

I was so impressed with the entire set-up of Le Wagon. The expertise and teaching style of the teachers are fantastic, the course material such as the slides and exercises are top-notch and constantly updated to reflect the latest industry trends and the location (warehouse style) in the trendy neighborhood of Gracia is super cool and relaxed.  The platform we used on a daily basis to work on exercises, communicate with teachers, play flashcards or watch a lecture replay to deepen our knowledge after class is truly powerful.

Expect a real challenge! Le Wagon is tough and fast-paced. How else do you get from zero to Junior Developer level in only 9 weeks!? I knew that before I started but I am still stunned by how much I was able to learn in such a short amount of time. Surrounded by like-minded people you soon get into the zone and the motivation you get when your code is doing what you want it to is awesome. During the project weeks when we were working on our prototypes some of us got so excited that teachers literally had to tell us to go home and rest rather than keep on coding through the night. I met great people I am still connected with and we are all part of the large alumni that we are given free access to for tips and help on whichever product we might be working on after the bootcamp which will be the priceless and lifetime benefit to joining Le Wagon.

I wish I learnt how to code earlier. Not for a different career but to be better in what I did. Over the past 12 years of working in online companies I had developers in my teams most of time. I now see how frustrating it must have been for them when I said things like "JUST move this from here to there". If you want to be part of the tech industry, learning how to code will help you no matter which role you will be working in. For me personally Le Wagon changed my life in a way I want to help more people learn how to code and I am proud that I became part of Le Wagon family expanding our campus around the world.

• Awsome experience !
    - 11/14/2017
    Solène • Graduate

After finishing my communication degree I had absolutely no idea what to do so I took some time for myself trying to figure it out. Having done some coding before I felt attract to that path and I told myself that a 2-months bootcamp will be great to have some basic knowledge and to add to my resume.

I had a bit of experience with some basic programming such as html / css but I was a bit scared not to be able to follow, or, to end up with more advanced student. The first week took away every doubt I had. Because at the end, no matters what was your experience before, at le wagon we all learn everything steps by step. The pairing system that we used was one of the things I like the most since it allows us to help each other.

Even if it is an intense 2-month bootcamp I never felt more motivate to learn something and the spirit at le wagon help me feel confident and comfortable.

Le wagon teaches you not only how to write code but how to make a complete project from scratch, skills we can actually use in real life. During the last two weeks, I had so much fun working with my teammate on developing a word game and I was so amazed at what we could accomplish after a few weeks!

Thanks to this bootcamp I finally realize that I want to start my career as a web developer, and I am not longer scared about my future.

• Felipe Quintana • Graduate

I started coding as a hobby, to do something while work was slow or I was stocked on level 235 on candy crush. Never really thought it could take me anywhere but I´ve always enjoyed learning something new, and programming seemed interesting. Slowly, I began to realize coding was actually not only cool, but very useful. “All those genius making apps” were not smarter or different than me, they just knew more. I wanted to dive completely into that world.

For me, learning on my own was not enough, the technical skills –although vital- were just a part of it, the environment, the people, the mindset, were just as important. Plus, I didn’t want to spend two years learning the basics.

Among many alternatives, Le Wagon just clicked with me, “bring tools to creative people” was a promise I could relate to, and according to many reviews, it delivered. On top of that, it was in Barcelona, a city I’ve been in love with my whole life. It’s funny how sometimes the best decisions are done in the shortest time. It was simple, a month later I was flying from Mexico to Barcelona.

Suddenly, I was a part of this multicultural community, with apparently nothing in common. All of our backgrounds were different, our goals, our way of targeting problems, I couldn’t see any cohesive force that could pull this eclectic group together for two intense months. There was one quality we all shared, hunger. We were all there with the same mindset, learn more, be better, experience this magniffic opportunity to the fullest.

It wasn’t always that easy. More than once I got out of the classroom in utter frustration, I actually got sick one week from not sleeping enough for having to pull all-nighters to keep up (I didn’t even do it on college). The phrase “it will all sink in, eventually” bothered me too much, until it was true. A teacher is always one click away to point you in the right direction, they won’t tell you the answer but the path to it. After a while the logic becomes apparent, maybe you don’t understand but at least you understand what you don’t understand and where to look for answers. They give you all the pieces, its up to you to solve the puzzle.

It’s not easy to find people with whom you can be sited quietly 8 hours focused on a problem, just to close your laptop and get to a club when you found the solution, wake up next morning to a volleyball match or go to admire Sagrada Familia. There is a certain magic when you find people so different from you and yet so similar. LeWagon introduced me to a world I no longer want to be apart from.

After a month and a half from that, I’m no longer playing with apps but building them, I have my own plan derived from my personal project, my hobby is now my job and I have friends I can relate with all over the world. I learned a lot in the shortest time, it was challenging, hard and required my attention to the fullest, and yet, somehow, I still think of it as the most awesome two months vacation I’ve ever taken.

• Dan
    - 11/7/2017
    Freelance frontend dev from Ireland • Graduate

Le Wagon Barcelona gave me the tools to work as a freelance frontend developer. It's a highly structured course that packs in a lot of material, so I feel like I got good value for my time and money. The overall experience was also lots of fun and a great adventure into the world of building web applications and beyond! Great location, team spirit and positive learning atmosphere.

• Jessica

I joined Le Wagon London in July 2017 and this course really changed my life.
    I wanted to learn how to code as I think this is a great skill to have, but I wasn't expecting to learn so much in such a small amount of time.  The program is well designed,  you have an hour lecture every morning and then spend the whole day to code, which helps a lot to make progress quickly and in a efficient way. Teachers are great and really patient. They also are very meticulous and give you a lot of good habits that a lot of professional developers don't have ...
    Everyone has been so supporting, the atmosphere is great, that was honestly one of the best experience of my life and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Wim-Jan • Web Developer • Graduate

Working in a free role for a fast growing start-up from the beginning asks a lot of your problem solving capacities. First starting with Google Docs, Excel, Dropbox and other know office applications you soon find the boundaries of those programs and you have to start coding your own. Because at that point I wasn’t able to code myself we hired a lead developer and slowly with every developer we hired I grew in the role of product owner. After a year it started to become clear for me that I missed the build your own solution part more and more, I was ready for a new challenge.

Because we hired 3 Le Wagon alumni from Amsterdam in the early stages of our development team I was well know with Le Wagon. In consultation with the company we decided that it would be the best next step for me to follow the bootcamp and come back after with a bag full of new skills combined already present business skills.

After exchanging Amsterdam for Barcelona I completely submerged for the last 9 weeks in the Le Wagon coding world. Starting well structured, well guided and with clear goals the first 6 weeks flew by. In these first six weeks you learn all basics, get some confidence about your skills with passing tests and of course get to know your new friends. After these six weeks the focus shift completely to the projects and you start working together in the formed teams.  This is a hell of a  ride and worth every minute in it.

For the project we worked on an trip enhancing flight / hotel search. The idea arose from being in Barcelona during the Gracia Festival, the largest neighborhood festival in Barcelona. Of course we’re studying during the festival, but each evening we went on the street, celebrate with the locals. It truly enhanced our experience. This time it was pure luck, but definitely not impossible to engineer. So we came up with a database full of cool events and festival with their closest airport and based on your availability and your origin airport we find the best flights and stays for you. You can check it out on www.daylily.world

Being back in Amsterdam I directly started as (junior) webdeveloper at the same company. Shifting from product owner to developer is a big change, but so far as the first month is almost passed I really like it.  Creating real working products from the thoughts and ideas we have in the company. The combination of skills is very valuable and the idea that I finally can build by myself again gives me a lot of energy.

• Wagon Bordeaux 17
    - 10/30/2017
    Jimmy Dhiu • Applicant

I created in 2016 a car rental agency in Paris where I had to develop a showcase site. Having no skills in this field and lack of time, I had to meet many developers (web agency or freelance) to meet my needs.
    In order to develop and modernise my tool, I needed to create an online platform like AirBnb. For this, no longer wishing to be dependent on intermediaries, I inquired to acquire the skills necessary to the design of this product.
    Le Wagon appeared obvious, my first research allowed me to confirm my choice whether for the courses provided or the duration and the quality of the training.
    I therefore integrated the Batch 85 in Bordeaux in the summer of 2017. This city corresponded perfectly to my expectations and allows to have an ideal framework to be able to follow a training throughout its duration.The environment plays an important role and Bordeaux is perfectly suited to work and relaxation on weekends (beach, surf etc.)
    The premises have many advantages including a space of Coworking, a parking for all the people transported. The classroom is ideal and allows to learn in the best conditions.
    I met an excellent team, human above all and always listening and helping all along my project creation. The stakeholders and the quality of the tools available enabled me to acquire real skills necessary for the development of my project.
    In addition, this training allowed me to develop a new project: FileOn (which you will find in the link below). I am currently still developing this tool which is one on my main activity today.
    Le Wagon allows you to acquire the necessary skills necessary for the development of a tech project, to increase your field of action and to create new ideas, to meet wonderful people and all this in only 2 months!
    Thanks Le Wagon!

• Tom R • Graduate

“Finally back to work after your break?”

Were the typical reactions from my work colleagues and friends when I returned to Manchester after a hectic, inspiring, gruelling, and enlightening summer spent learning to code at LeWagon, London (Batch 93). I suppose not many understood why I would be interested in learning to code, I’m a commercial lawyer by trade, and the prospect sits a million miles from the thinking of many in the legal profession. I suppose the answer and motivation is shared by many LeWagon applicants and alumni, and without wanting to put a blanket over each of our respective ambitions, every member of my London batch (including teachers, office and marketing managers, DJs, CTO and CEO) are passionate and curious about the way the world is changing, and the role they can play in it. My participation did not come as an accident, I was looking for exactly this kind of challenge. Boris, Romain and Seb have developed a really clever and engaging 9 week intensive program, and the minimal marketing (largely centred on endorsements from its alumni community and Meetups with inspiring tech leaders and activists) drew me in. You quickly come to understand that at LeWagon you are being taught not just a skill but an approach to developing that skill. The learning platform and materials are fantastic, but there is always an exercise or two that requires you to go further, to utilise online resources available to anyone, and to try and accommodate what you find in the program you are developing. This is learning by ‘doing’ and not by ‘theory’, and it is probably the best example of the distinction between the dynamic learning environment and traditional academic institutions (the number of mid-week coffees and Asahi’s you consume would be another!).

“How tough is it?”

A question from friends, family and colleagues a little more curious as to what I was doing this summer. The answer to this question now is different to that at various checkpoints during the course. I spent the first four weeks really labouring to grasp all of the key methods and concepts of Ruby, puzzled at how I might come to rely on them further down the road (the feedback at this stage comes via a dark terminal interface, and not in the browser), and worried that perhaps my brain was wired a little differently to the rest of the group. You soon realise that you are not alone, and the environment supports rather than oppresses you. As long as you commit to the syllabus, are willing to make mistakes, and ultimately shout for help or guidance then you make progress! The inevitable challenge of the steep learning curve is well met by the teachers and assistants who are extremely supportive and passionate about the program and the environment. Many have been on the receiving end (having attended previous batches), and they all share a real drive and commitment to ensure the platform and materials evolve and stay current for their audience (which includes alumni as well as students!).

What now?

I’ve got to continue with the coding (it’s an itch) and I’m now well equipped to build and contribute to new projects. I am also actively considering ways in which I can leverage my new skills (in particular new approaches to problem solving) to my current legal career. Empowered by the course, I’m challenging myself to become much more creative, to seek out more like minded people across the ever growing legal tech and engineering scene, and to utilise the LeWagon alumni network!

• Michael Li • Consultant • Graduate

Before LeWagon:

I was a consultant working at a global management consulting company in Japan. Specialising in business strategy, I have worked with various public companies on their strategy development and implementation.

Why I joined:

I was in the process of starting my own company. Whichever directions I looked, there were fancy websites, apps or marketplaces that are becoming part of “the norm” amongst successful startups. Even though my startup idea is not in the tech arena, the risk of treating it as a blackbox was too great to ignore, and I needed a rapid, intensive course to boost my understanding of coding and the current landscape at higher level.

The Le Wagon experience:

The Le Wagon course definitely exceeded my expectations in several ways because:
    1. Your code competency level guaranteed to be at another level at the end, thanks to:
        1. Well-structured curriculum and daily exercises with instant feedback
        2. Experienced and talented teachers to provide in-depth, step-by-step coaching
        3. Focus on learning by doing, rather than theory
    2. Attract topnotch students (e.g. Oxbridge etc) and talented people in their fields in every batch
        1. Best learning points often come from students’ questions
        2. Stimulate and accelerates the learning curve
        3. Give scope to dive into interesting optional topics
    3. Opportunity to develop teamwork, project management and public speaking in the final project
        1. The people skills are not ignored by Le Wagon - after all coding is just a tool
        2. Give you training for potential future investor pitches
        3. Show off your achievement to your friends and family

After Le Wagon:

I am definitely at a better position with more insights about the way web app are designed and built. Le Wagon not only provided knowledge and skills, it taught me enough so that I can be self-sufficient to continue learning beyond. Not to mention it’s vast network of alumni and the possibility to connect with similar minded entrepreneurs that will be valuable after the course too.

• James • Graduate

Prior to enrolling in Batch 74 in London, I was responsible for leading my employer's integration team to onboard companies that we had recently acquired.  While knowledge of just about every aspect of the company, and the experience I gained during my time there was invaluable, I knew that there was more out there for me.  One thing I found particularly frustrating was my complete lack of experience in coding and development.  While I worked very closely with our dev team, and was able to storyboard and lay out detailed specifications for enhancements and new modules, I was completely incapable of contributing or really understanding the foundations of the programs themselves.  For years, I had wanted to make the investment in myself and start down the path of learning to code myself.  Last January, I finally made the decision to pull the trigger and take the first steps down that path.

After extensively researching the programs available, I narrowed my choices down to 3 options based on the skills I desired to obtain the curriculum focus of each respectively.  One of those three "finalists" was Le Wagon.  At first, I was a bit hesitant due to the fact that it was located in Europe and I, myself, was an American.  However, after further examining and comparing the respective focuses of each program, it became abundantly clear that Le Wagon was exactly what I was looking for as it is a full stack course with a very strong focus on entrepreneurship and product development.  Additionally, I felt that taking myself out of my comfort zone would benefit me in terms of eliminating distractions and allowing me to fully focus on the course (being able to clear my mind and explore a new city abroad was an enticing aspect as well).

Once I was accepted into the program and completed the pre-coursework, I was off to London and it was the best decision I could have possibly made.  Throughout the 9 weeks of the batch, the amount of knowledge I gained and the abilities I gained far surpassed my expectations.  In addition to the coursework, the resources provided to every student that they keep forever are absolutely incredible and valuable.  On top of that, the vast and ever-expanding network of global alumni is an Mzing asset.  The entire alumni community is very unique as everybody has gone through the same trials.  Through the alumni channel created by Le Wagon, a massive forum for collaboration and help exists and is filled with people who are more than willing to assist each other.  The connections that can be made through the alumni network is an unbelievable resource in itself.

Last but certainly not least, the aspect of Le Wagon that truly tops off the program and makes it so amazing is the staff.  It seems impossible that Le Wagon was able to put together an entire team of such incredibly talented people that are also some of the most energetic and personable I've ever met, but they certainly managed to do so.  It couldn't have been more obvious from Day 1 that the staff didn't treat everybody as just a number, but that they truly cared about investing in their relationships with each individual and making sure they succeeded.  The structure of the program creates amazing friendships and bonds with not only your classmates, but with the staff itself, and for that I am truly grateful.  The 9 weeks were very challenging, but they flew by and I never imagined I would genuinely have a much fun as I did throughout the course.   The final weeks were particularly rewarding and enjoyable as the batch broke into groups and launched functioning apps that were started from scratch during the course.  I admittedly was completely blown away by the presentations of every single app during "Demo Day" at Google Campus on the final day.  I couldn't believe that these amazing programs were created in a matter of two weeks by people who had no prior experience a short 9 weeks earlier.  I couldn't be more satisfied or thankful for my decision to enroll in Le Wagon and will forever cherish the friendships and connections I made through it in addition to the skills I gained!

• Anderson Kudo • CEO • Graduate

My name is Anderson, I’m Brazilian but have been living in Japan for quite a long time now…

I’ve always wanted to be an entrepreneur, ideas would come to my mind and I would imagine how to set them up, analyzing viability, and obviously how to make money out of them.

I’ve had 3 businesses in Brazil before I decided to come live in Japan. I currently own an Ad Agency which has been creating audiovisual content in Yokohama for the last 10 years.

Recently, I came up again with an idea my mind wouldn’t get rid of. But for it, I needed some technical knowledge that I knew was not my strong suit.

I first tried to look for a software house or freelancers both in Japan or abroad but this approach had three major issues for me:

1/ I had no clue on how to select which language I needed for the project and even less on how to assess the professionals willing to take it on.

2/ Lack of commitment from potential partners, I came to talk with a bunch of agencies, but clearly I felt I was just another client, not a partner to build something new.

3/ This approach came with pretty high costs which I could not tell if it was due to the ambition of the project or because I was a first timer getting fooled…

That’s when I decided I needed to study to understand better the tech startup ecosystem and turn myself able to put my idea in practice.

I searched for different training options, but nothing really exciting until I found out about Le Wagon in a very important IT media in Japan. I found the Bootcamp format and proposal to be just what I needed, and after reviewing some students’ opinions (on this site!), I contacted Le Wagon Tokyo. It was too late for Tokyo as the next bootcamp would start next week. I couldn’t wait for the next one in 3 months… But to my great surprise, I discovered that one was scheduled in my hometown of São Paulo in one month. Planets finally had aligned.

I crossed the Ocean and went…

To sum it up, that’s the been the best decision I made so far, I was afraid I would be completely lost, and I was a little at first, but with the help of teachers, teaching assistants, other students, but especially thanks to a great methodology and learning platform, I can say that today I can decide on technical facts I understand and I can even jump into the code whenever I feel I can correct or add something up myself.

The idea I had is now live because I could convince a group in the bootcamp to follow me and we turned it into our last weeks’ project. It’s called Tripdeo, stay tuned cause you’re going to hear about it soon!

• Jérôme • Web developer

Since I was young, I have spent a lot of time, doing various online courses to try to learn how to code by myself without a lot of success. I made an Engineering school hoping I'll learn the basics of code. Unfortunately it didn't happen. Moreover I didn't really appreciate the industrial world.
    I knew I would want to work in the startup environment and in the tech world. So I decided to enroll at Le Wagon a few weeks after my diploma. Le Wagon exactly met my needs and I felt confident to work right after the bootcamp.
    The teaching method is pretty incredible and before enrolling, I didn't expect I would learn this much in only two months. I'm currently working as a junior web developer in a web agency and Le Wagon gave me the basic and necessary knowledge to build websites in RoR. Le Wagon was one of the most powerful experience in my life !

• Best bootcamp
    - 10/13/2017
    Artem Rakov • Student

I am Math student in Queen Mary University. I was always intrested in coding but never have time to properly do it. During my first year of university, I was doing some codecademy courses which gave me some basic knowledge. Then I realised that I love to code and want to extend my coding knowledge. That is why I join lewagon.

Lewagon gave me a great opportunity to meet new friends. A learned a lot during a bootcamp. After I bootcamp I feel confident enough to do mine own project and learning hard concepts on my owm because I go that base knowledge from Lewagon.

Lewagon gave the passion to code and motivation to learn more!

• Le Wagon - Bootcamp
    - 10/13/2017
    Luana K. Perin • Web development • Graduate

Hi, my name is Luana, I'm a civil engineer by training and I was at a moment of my life when I wanted to change something in my career. I chose Le Wagon on the recommendation of a friend and to be honest I was a little afraid at first to “jump" as i did not know anything about programming. But let me tell you that I completely loved the course, the studying environment was awesome, the friends I made there were the best, and the teachers are great.
    After I completed Le Wagon bootcamp, I now feel confident to talk about programming with anyone and have been able to finally kickstart the personal projects I had in mind for so long.
    Today 100% of the work I do is linked to the knowledge I got from the course, either on the freelance gigs I took or my own projects.

• Amazing experience
    - 10/12/2017
    Monteil

"I was working in finance in the biggest fintech in France but after 3 years, I needed to change and I wanted to have more technical skills. I choose Le Wagon because of all the good reviews and because of it's own methodology. You have to be proficient, it's intensive and you practice a lot, coding with great partners each time. I didn't regret it at all. Now I'm back in Paris and continue to code on my spare time. My goal is to start a freelance career as a developer in 2018.

Monteil Alexandre - Batch 63 - Montreal"

• Benjamin • Graduate

Hi everyone,

I attended Le Wagon in Paris in summer 2017.

I was already working in IT as a Production Integrator and I was constantly interacting with developers.

Soon I realized that my job was boring - I wanted their job !

So I quit my job and signed up to Le Wagon. The journey is incredible, extremely intense (9 weeks) but worth it. I’ve learned more in 9 weeks that I would’ve done in years learning by myself or with online tools.

2 months later, I moved to London, and am now working as a freelance web developper full time, from building websites for small clients and assistant teaching. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result.

If you ever enroll, you’ll discover a new way of thinking, you’ll meet incredible people from various backgrounds and create an extremely well connected network.

I did it and it changed my life for the better, I can only recommend you to do the same !

Take care.

• Fabricio Migues • Graduate

Le Wagon changed my life. Not only because I have a new skill now, but learning how to code also helped me to think different. Coding is not a sprint, is a more like a marathon. You have to go step by step, and you bring that mindset to your life too.

When you want to learn something new, your surroundings play an important role – positive or negative. So moving to Barcelona to learn how to code and change my life seemed an interesting combination. If Gaudi was able to design colorful and different projects living in Barcelona, why wouldn’t I get the same inspiration when coding?  Bingo!

I spent thirteen years as a journalist and public relations. Technology always fascinated me, so I had the opportunity during my career to either write some (less than expected) stories related to technology or to create, as public relations, communications plans about technology in companies where I worked. A couple of years ago I started to get more familiar with coding. I can’t believe that I, as a communicator, knew little (or nothing) about what’s behind a web platform. Asking this question – how does a web platform really work? - brought me to a complete new world.

I started to take some online courses, attended some developers conference and tried to learn more about it. I found out that for a guy like me, without a real technology background, learning on my own without any previous knowledge was hard. After months of research, I learned about coding bootcamps, and made the decision to take a break on my career and do one in Europe.

Le Wagon stood up during my researches. I read many positive reviews about it (all true, by the way). I asked some friends who knew about coding to analyze the content of the course, and all of them gave me the green light. Since Le Wagon is in many different cities, I chose Barcelona -  I wanted to be inspired by Gaudi. Le Wagon is located at the lovely and lively Gracia neighborhood – the new place is very comfortable, with a clean design - and I was lucky enough to pass by in front some of Gaudi’s buildings everyday on my way back home.

Now let’s talk about the course itself. The 9 weeks seemed like a rollercoaster to me. Full of ups and downs – but with a great feeling in the end -, learning how to code takes you back to your childhood moments. You play, you try, you fail, you get frustrated, you search for help, you learn, you try again and you succeed. The teachers are there to help, and you also learn a lot with your peers. Sometimes you need help, sometimes you’re the one who helps.

The classes are well structured. They give us a lot of content that may make you think you won’t be able to follow. But everything falls together during the project weeks. I was amazed that my group was able to build a solid project from scratch - http://www.peerviews.eu - platform for peer reviews. I enjoyed a lot working on it, as this project allowed us to build a strong backend - students would evaluate (randomly and anonymously) their peers’ reports, check their papers’ reviews and next assignments. Teachers would be able to get all the data from students’ evaluations displayed in different graphs. And to think that all started with a black screen two weeks before the demo day.

An important thing is to come to this coding bootcamp with your mind open. Enjoy everyday. Work hard. That’s what I did. I now have a good knowledge to keep learning on my own. At Le Wagon I found a new passion and a new career. I made friends. Maybe startup partners, since we want to keep working on our project. I just know that now I can’t stop coding and I will never look at web applications as before.

• Arthur • Product Owner • Graduate

I was a product owner (more or less a project manager) in a Startup working with a team of 5 developers. I started to look at Le Wagon to fill some technical needs that would help me to do my job in a better way.

Before joining Le Wagon you need to do some homework, it allows you to see if it’s really what you want to do but it also allows you to have a basic level in programing. At this point I realized, I would really love this experience.

“Learning everyday” could be the baseline of Le Wagon because that’s what you will do. It is challenging but Le Wagon’s team is here to help you make the most of these 9 weeks.

Finally, thanks to Le Wagon I met incredible people with different backgrounds but the same objective, learning to code. This group dynamic is amazing and rewarding.

I have not decided yet what the next steps will be but I know I will continue learning to code.

• Sey • Junior developer in consultant engineering • Graduate

Le Wagon not only teaches the technical skills, but also covers software engineering workflows, teamwork, and how to develop a good product prototype. There are 2 team projects with Rails, first project being the practice building a simple marketplace webapp in 1 week, and second project being the final project built in 2 weeks with a team of 4-5 people. Having these prototype projects led me to multiple interviews right after the bootcamp, and within 4 weeks I got my first job as a junior developer. Highly recommended for people who would like to kickstart their career as web developers

• Killian

I want to be clear on this: Le Wagon has been one of the best choice I made in my life!

Before being involved in the bootcamp, I had been studying Business Management and I worked in various subjects including SEO, sales and business development. I had no technical skills but I wanted to be able to code so that I can start my own company later on.
    And honestly, Le Wagon totally outperformed my expectations: the method to quickly improve your coding skills is well-designed and they give you the proper tools to enable you to start a career in the development world (entrepreneurs/freelance/tech companies).

For my part, I am now using my dual business/coding skills to start my company in the foodtech world and I've been hired for a part-time freelance mission.

It is worth it, definitely !

• Pierre-Yves Le Guennec • Graduate

At some point of my life and career as a marketeer, I have come to realize the fantastic paradigm shift our society was experiencing : Internet technologies could unleash more creativity than ever and offer efficient and meaningful opportunities to fulfill in this world. As a chef needs to know his ingredients to make great recipe through their combinations, it came to me as an evidence that I needed to give more interest and get better understanding and real experiences of web-development. The next question then was how to fill the gap.

2 years ago, I stumbled upon Le Wagon On-Demand courses and got involved in the very first one. And light suddenly came :) I could feel that all this technical stuff could not remain so murky to me if I could practise it more.

I eventually made my decision to join the 9-week intensive FullStack programme. It turned out to be much more than gaining essential and practical technical skills : I could meet as well a great community of entrepreneurs and doers with the same awesome energy. I enjoyed a lot the pedagogy and the caring atmosphere brought by the teaching staff. Through the different meetups the team organized on a weekly basis, I could also get a more accurate and relevant picture of web-development business and its underlying jobs. This programme was indeed the best experience I could ever imagine to springboard me into the 21st Century! Thanks for that!

Thanks to the programme, I have been able to keep learning a lot by myself and with the help of the community. I could launch my first own-built website for my company (https://www.novexpat.fr) and I am currently developing a web app for my students and customers.

Le Wagon FullStack Programme was just what I needed to bring me and my ideas way more further than I could expect. I thoroughly 100% recommend it!

• Ralph Kemp • Student

Le wagon has been an amazing experience, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to become a developer.

Overall the course is very intense, and you have to prepare yourself mentally for the challenge ahead. However throughout the 9 weeks there is a constant stream of help and support for your coding tasks, as well as brilliant advice from experienced developers.

Often after the learning day has ended there are also lectures from CEOs of tech startups, successful developers and entrepreneurs at the Google campus - the depth and range of knowledge available to you at Le Wagon is seemingly endless.

Thanks to me finally biting the bullet and doing the 9 weeks, I am now building websites freelance and will actually be going back to Le Wagon to be a teaching assistant. You will not regret doing this course!

• Life changing!
    - 10/5/2017
    David • Graduate

"Change your life: learn to code". Never has a catchphrase been so accurate, at least that's what I have come to realise, nearly three weeks after completing batch #83 in Paris!

When I decided to join Le Wagon earlier this year, I had worked for nearly 10 years in various audit & accounting positions. While I did enjoy the financial security that comes with this kind of career, I couldn't help but thinking that I wasn't using my potential to its fullest and that I was somehow wasting my time. This frustration, combined with a fondness for all things logic and a curiosity for IT in general, made me just go for it.

It's tough to describe these 9 weeks in a few lines but I'd say that narrowing it down to the different programming tools/languages taught wouldn't do the course justice. The first thing that impressed me was the motivation of students taking part. We were all here for a reason, whether it is a carreer change, a career start or a start-up creation, yet the willingness to succeed was prevailing, and that's not so easy to find in the corporate world. Also, the program is well structured, with a lecture in the morning followed by coding exercises in pair (with a different randomly picked buddy every day so you get to know everyone) where you apply what you've learnt. Lectures are available in .pdf and in video, there are flashcards to capture key notions of the day. Teachers are alumni themselves so they know students' expectations, so are TAs. There are side events organised several times per week such as talks by founders/alumni, afterworks, etc. But to me the most valuable aspect of Le Wagon is its alumni community. Upon graduating, you have access to job offers, freelance missions, technical help, etc. It's a whole network that suddenly becomes accessible.

After the course, I've decided to become a freelancer (it had been on my mind for a while), and I'm now about to start a freelance gig helping out one of my former Le Wagon classmate launch his startup in the field of accounting, something I would have never considered possible 6 months ago! So to anyone wishing for a change, bearing a project or just eager to learn how to code, I strongly recommend you give Le Wagon a try, you won't regret it:)

• Totally worth it
    - 10/4/2017
    Camille Franceschi

After 2.5 years working in M&A, I was looking for something different. I wanted to join the start-up industry. As an entrepreneur, a product manager, a developer ? I didn’t know. I chose to do Le Wagon as I could do any of these jobs.

The bootcamp is great for many things:
    • Good coding knowledge : you know everything you need to start as a junior RoR developer
    • Experience in designing a web app : the project helps you to develop skills in UI and UX areas
    • Experience coding an MVP : you know how to build fast in an efficient way with a team or at least you know after the project what you need to do differently 😃

Before doing Le Wagon I didn’t plan to work as a developer but I really liked coding so I found a job as an RoR developer in a start-up.
    As my CTO told me, Rails has no secret to me which is a good feedback. After almost 3 months, I still have a look at Le Wagon’s lectures.
    I had the lead to build a MVP for the company and it went very well thanks to my previous experience during the Bootcamp.

My last word would be GO, GO, GO !