Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    September 16, 2019
    Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Beginner
    October 21, 2019 - ShenzhenApply by December 20, 2019
    October 21, 2019 - Milan
    January 13, 2020 - Buenos Aires

• Lucien Mollard • Student

In a past life, I was a truck driver, which has nothing to do with code. However, a few months ago, I decided to take the plunge and I joined Le Wagon in Paris (batch #43) last October.

Despite my background, the teaching methodology was so effective that I didn't feel overwhelmed by the difficulty of the course. The staff and the atmosphere were great. On top of that, I am amazed by what I got to accomplish at the end of these 9 weeks, whether it was through the AirBnb clone or the final project (www.barde.guitars).

I am now looking to join a company as a Fullstack developer and I already have a few opportunities for full-time positions!`

• Edward Schults • Graduate

Le Wagon is the best way to quickly learn how to develop a complex web app from scratch.

You don't need to know anything about coding before entering the bootcamp.

The program is very well conceived:

- you get to spend enough time on the basics to understand them

- you learn how to use powerful tools and frameworks, and you get to understand how they work

- you get to develop an Airbnb copycat in 5 days

- the last 2 weeks are dedicated to your personal project where you get high quality assistance from Le Wagon's instructors.

In the middle of the program, you spend one day learning lean approaches and product management techniques, and the last day is the Demo Day where you get great feedbacks on your product (coded in 2 weeks!!).

I personnally developed my project during the program: https://www.lovely-hood.com :)

Today I get to develop web apps as a fullstack freelance developer, and I still have time to work on my personal projects in parallel.

This program is perfect for entrepreneurs struggling to get a prototype of their website: at the end of the 9 weeks, you'll have yours for sure!

• Thomas • Web developer • Graduate

Hey all,

I attended the second bootcamp at le Wagon. It has been a terrific experience which has allowed me to launch my product and find a job as a web developer.

The strongest asset of le Wagon is the team. The teachers are all great with a strong background in programming but also on design, product or business. They will help you through all the setps from being a complete noob to being a fluent rails speaker. Setting up your computer, algorithms, back-end development, front-end development but also working as a team using git and agile methodologies or grow your consumer base using growth hacking techniques.

After 9 weeks, you'll be a profficient rails developer and have the tools to learn more languages in an effective way and also become a real product guy.

Alumni from le Wagon have become web developer, entrepreneur, growth hacker or product manager. And whatever they do next, they've all learned things they find valuable in their daily work.

In three words, le Wagon rocks!

• Vincent • CEO • Graduate

If you want to become a sheep with 5 legs, you are at the right place.

You'll be able to discuss product, code, UX and business. Don't think twice it will be change your life !

• David Geismar • web developper • Graduate

I followed the wagon course at the beginning of 2015 in Paris. The course content is great, the teachers are great, the athmosphere is amazing.

I met a lot of motivated and inspiring people and I gained the necessary skills to developp my project and work as a fullstack web-developper.

• Ilias Hicham • Graduate

I took the rails bootcamp at Le Wagon Paris and i had a great experience ! Teachers are great, and they lead students through hard work and fun to build their own projects !

• Thomas Ceccaldi • Co-founder • Graduate

Great staff, well designed program, inspiring meetups.

What I learnt :
    - how to code
    - how to develop a great product
    - to adopt a lean approach

Much recommended for entrepreneurs. I also found a co-founder among my classmates. You can see now our project here : www.roadstr.fr  😊

• Jump on the Wagon
    - 11/3/2015
    Batch 8 Alumni • Graduate

After getting my liberal arts degree and worked in advertising as a creative, I was looking for a way to get into the digital world in a more serious way. I stumbled upon Le Wagon and it was everything I was looking for. Here's 3 reasons that sum it up:

1) The program is very, very solid. It won't make you a star developper over night, but if you put in the work, it's very rewarding. But you have to be ready for a high pace learning environment. The online infrastructure used to store the material and complete the assignments was excellent when I attended, and it's even better now, with access to online video classes and a ticket system to get help whenever you need it in class.

2) The teachers. They're all very friendly and eager to teach noobs like you and me both the basics and the finer points of coding. They bring an energy and enthusiasm to the table that is infectious. Special mention to the CTO in Paris who is the best teacher I've had period since high school.

3) The network. Le Wagon is all interconnected on Slack, and the alumni network is alive and kicking. Initiatives are done by students to help each other. Moreover, they've developped a dedicated online platform for alumni to stay in touch and help each other. The network alone might be worth the price of admission, it's the gift that keeps on giving way past the 9 weeks the program takes.

• Martijn • Web Developer • Graduate

I graduated with a bachelors degree in economics and had my own startup before the age of 25.

After I sold the startup I was convinced I wanted to become an entrepreneur again.

All of the ideas I had involved some IT knowledge. It was either learning it myself or spend the rest of my life trusting other programmers and spening a lot of cash.

I decided to pick up programming in a regular University. The amount of programming I got was very dissapointing. I finished my first year and my final exam for programming was to build a simple calculator app.

That's when I realised this wasn't going anywhere. I started doing some research and found LeWagon.

The bootcamp is pretty intense but that's exactly what you need when you want to learn something quickly.

Some people didn't keep up with the pace but the program provides additional coaches to help people who fell behind to still get the maximum out of the bootcamp.

Fast forward 9 weeks later, I created my own website with all these awesome functionalities.

And the best part is, you can pretty much do anything you want after this bootcamp, because they teach you a mindset of how to learn to tackle your own IT problems.

The most remarkable thing I realised is that over the few years I was an entrepreneur I hired a few web developers to make my projects.

The total cost of these projects would probably be around 30.000EUR. After the bootcamp I realised I could have done all those projects with ease on my own.

If you're thinking to yourself that you don't have the time to develop your own projects see this as the best investment you can make. The developers won't be able to misslead you and overcharge you for projects because you will know how much effort it will take.

Long story short;

If you want to become a entrepreneur: Do it, you will save a lot of money in the long run even if you don't have time to create your own projects. It will be a blessing if you need to brief or map out something.

If you want to become a web developers: Do it, the job assistance is good, although not perfect. You will struggle a bit at start because most companies will want to hire someone with experience. Your best bet is to try to get a 2-3 month internship at one of the companies they have connections in and then either work there full time or apply to other companies with a few projects in your portfolio.

• Fred • CEO • Graduate

As a non-tech management consultant I was looking for a course to help me understand how all these complex web apps were made. I wanted to be able to make my own.

Le Wagon Brussels was a great experience. It took me a lot of nerve to take the decision but I haven't regretted it for a second. The teachers and coaches are extremely kind and helping, the material is well explained. The pace is high but adapted to everyone's level.

I now run my own start-up ;)

• Yves • Graduate

Le Wagon Brussels is a great Coding school for entrepreneurs. They have good teachers and guide you through the most important pitfalls of coding. The main coding language (Ruby on Rails) is a great language to learn how to code from scratch and build your own products or prototypes. If you are doubting, don't doubt and just fucking do it. You won't regret it ;).

• Alexandra • Graduate

Intensive, focused, great material (impressive and high-quality), experienced instructors, great ambiance. I had no experience in coding previous to it and it was not a problem. Very motivated alumni. Also great networking events. I would definitely recommend it!

• Antoine • Developer • Graduate

Brilliant experience:
    - great course
    - great teachers and students
    - great environment

9 weeks and you are ready to either, launch an MVP (for entrepreneurs) or work as a developer (my case, started working the following week).

Everything I was looking for in a coding school and more!
    DO IT :-)

• Guillaume • Graduate

Awesome program with great coaches and highly motivated student. No prerequisites and still incredible results after only 9 weeks. Very smart structure with the right mix of "theory" and practice. Beyond expectations in many respects!

• Nathan obadia

This 9-week training was amazing in every aspect.

Only 24 students. No background required. High-quality teachers. And the structure of the course (the progression, the material and the density) is very smartly done. I couldn't have imagined when I subscribed to this full stack course that I would get this incredible level.

but don't get me wrong, in order to become a professional backend developer you need to keep on coding, there is no magic. However this might be the best course you can find to get very quickly on the right path...

And on top of that the alumni population is superdynamic and reactive !!!

The mix of peer to peer learning and the learning software itself really make this course efficient and fun at the same time. :-)

I am writing this in hopes to help others that are searching for a coding bootcamp. Do not believe the positive reviews - do not go to Le Wagon!!

The  curriculum is outdated - you will learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails . Upon completing the bootcamp two months ago, I have met with over a dozen potential employers, all of which are shocked that we learned these programs. One of them even told me they thought it was unethical. I now agree with him. I met with one recruiter that has access to thousands of developer positions across Canada. He did a search in his database for junior positions with Ruby on Rails. Zero jobs were returned. He was doing this to prove a point to me and told me I should start learning other languages.

When I expressed my frustrations to the people running the program, they tell me that employers are looking for junior level people that are "willing to learn" and that it doesn't matter that we learned Ruby. Maybe this was true five years ago, but it is not true now. The market is getting saturated.

There is also no career support. I get occasional emails about junior level positions in Montreal from someone that works there, all of which require that you know React or some other language that we didn't learn.

If you are in Montreal, you should go to Decode MTL or Lighthouse. They are both Javascript based courses and will teach you Node and React. Decode also assigns a TA to each graduate to help them with the interview process and looking for jobs. I really wish I had done that one. Don't make the same mistake as me!

I wish I could give this program less than one star overall - but it looks like I'm required to give it one. I chose this bootcamp because of the reviews, which after completing the bootcamp truly baffle me.

Before going to Le Wagon, I was working as a marketer but have been wanted to do something else as my career.  After 3 months of Le Wagon's bootcamp, I realized this is what I want to do as my career since it was so much fun learning coding. It actually changed my life! Teachers are great, and I noticed after I got a job, but the curricuram is also great. It's made to make sure everybody understands how pure ruby works and also it covers about database and oop as well.  Now I got a job as a backend developer, and I really appreciate they covered those concepts as well since thanks to that, now it's so much easier to get my tasks done.

• Anonymous • Junior Dev • Graduate

I did Le Wagon in Montreal in the Winter 2019 batch, and presently my brother is doing Lighthouse Labs. Comparing the two side-by-side I really wish that I had done Lighthouse instead.

Le Wagon teaches mainly Ruby, and you learn no JavaScript frameworks. The class size is around 25 students, as compared to less than 10 for Lighthouse. The curriculum at Le Wagon is provided for them by the organization, the founder of the Montreal branch has never worked as a programmer, and the bootcamp is much less rigourous. Lighthouse will really throw you in the deep end, but Le Wagon if you are on the task you can finish all the content most days.

Career-wise, there is some support from an administrative assistant, but the job I found was not at all through their assistance. They offer very little interview support and no training on technical interviews - because they say they are "startup" focussed. Almost all of the jobs listed on their placement board are in Europe, most in Paris. If you want a certificate, sure, do Le Wagon, but if you want a heavy-duty bootcamp experience, look elsewhere.

A few short months ago I sat in office in Sweden and I realised I needed a change from the monotony of my daily life, I work as freelance art director and have years of  design and graphic skills in my toolbelt.  I always believed if I could help build clients websites I would be the full package!

After speaking with some friends who worked with coding they recommended I look into Le Wagon bootcamp. They also believed that with my strong design background that I could excel at coding. My mind was instantly  opened to world of possibilities. I figured that it would be smart to investment of  my time to enter into a full stack developer course where I could quickly Learn this new skill.

I knew going into the bootcamp that it would be hard but it was way harder then I thought, and surprisingly I loved every minute of the challenges that I was presented with!  During the course I received so much support from the TA and teachers. Everyone is there to make sure you succeed and will spend hours with you to make sure you grasp the 9 week curriculum. I am very thankful for all extra help I received! I finished the course have a strong knowledge which I continue to build upon.

Now I can say that I’am recent graduate of the le wagon Bali batch #253 I have successfully learned:

-Ruby on rails

-How to api are used, as well as JSON, and scrapping

-Relational databases, SQL, Postgres

-HTML,CSS, Bootstrap

-ES6 Javascript

-wireframes, prototyping, UI design

-test driven development

-git, GitHub, and technical workflow.

In additional to all these amazing new things I have learned,  I have also gained a new community of friends and peers who I will know for the rest of of career/ life!

After studying business and working in various industries such as advertising and finance I finally decided to do the Wagon which I have wanted to do for a long time. I do not regret it at all as I have learned so many new skills, new coding languages and built a website with my team. It is quite intense but the whole support makes it a lot easier and the "buddy" system is also very nice as you work every day with someone new and meet very interesting people. Everyone is there to learn and happy to be there which is extremely pleasant. The ambiance is very good and the teachers are amazing. Really feel part of the Wagon family and recommend the Wagon 100% to everyone that thinks about it !

I had the best experience at Le Wagon bootcamp, at its first Kyoto batch.

In terms of the learning, I was surprised to see how I started from a complete beginner ( I didn't even know what the different programming languages are), and within 9 months could build an app that I wouldn't have even thought was possible to build. I like my app so much that I am currently working on it further to see how I can commercialize it. What made the learning experience great was that the teachers at Le Wagon are knowledgeable and dedicated to each person's learning, and the curriculum is well designed in a way that makes you enjoy the process of learning how to code. For me, my objective from learning how to code was never to be a developer, but to work on the commercial aspects of a tech company and be able to work seamlessly with the product team through a deeper understanding of the technicalities. I managed to fulfill this objective - and much more, in terms of my technical knowledge - and has proven to me invaluable in my current job.

But Le Wagon is not just about teaching you how to code - it also helps you plug into the tech community in the city through various events and meetups with startups and other tech companies in the city, which has been extremely helpful as I was thinking through my career move.

And finally, Le Wagon was an extremely fun and enriching experience. As the first batch in Kyoto, we had a small group, and we had a lot of fun together, going for dinners on weekdays, going out on weekends, and doing trips to nearby cities. Added to this, a chance to be in Kyoto - a beautiful and serene city - made my 2 months an amazing experience. Le Wagon was exactly what I needed - in every way.

I already had some skills in coding websites, I had already been a front-end developer at the beginning of my career, before moving to other paths. When I decided to go back to programming, I needed a serious update and I didn’t know where to start.
    I finally chose to attend a bootcamp, as it was the most efficient way to be back on track. I picked Le Wagon after a very long benchmark, I checked that the program matched the expectations of a moving tech market, and I found their stack was clever, mixing powerful technologies with up-to-date best practices. I was not disappointed.
    Their style is quite unique, they teach to code but they also teach to focus on the product. A website is an intricate complexity of technologies, user experience and design. There, you learn to deliver ambitious project that people can really use.
    I am a freelance developer now, and happy to be so.

Not knowing exactly what I wanted to do after school, I went to study law for 4 years at La Sorbonne. I was really interested in it but felt that creativity was missing in that field. Moreover, I was passionate about new technologies and had the dream of one day starting my own business. I was always getting new project ideas but didn't know how to make them live. I had tried to get in touch with developers, but without any knowledge in tech, I had little legitimacy and it was tough to convince them in joining my projects.
    After going to many tech workshops and meetups, I heard of Le Wagon which sounded like the exact solution to my pain. At first, I was scared I would not be good enough to follow their program, because I had stopped studying maths for a few years. But I decided to give it a go anyway.
    The training was fast-paced and required full involvement, the one that makes you feel you're pushing your brain to its limits! However hard it was, it was really worth it as for every minute spent there, I knew I was learning so much and getting real actionable skills that would enable me to create web products on my own. I felt as if I was getting magic powers!
    On another level, it is also a place where I got to mingle with creative and motivated people who then became great friends.
    As a result, I'm really thankful to Le Wagon as it helped me to make the switch to a new industry which better suits me.

• Le wagon - Paris
    - 9/24/2018

After my final internship in a Web agency as a Business developper (commercial), I was frustrated to be the one who speaks about digital stuffs, but, in reality, doesn’t know how it works.
    As I was graduated, I decided, before looking for a new job, to learn a little bit more about programming language by myself.
    I quickly decided to join the bootcamp offered by the Wagon.  One of my old colleagues told me about it, and as the program was perfect for me (short but intense) : “Ok, let’s go !“.
    No regrets ! The bootcamp was amazing ! It’s impressive how much valuable things you’re able to learn in such a short time. Once more, I’ve met incredible people, Thanks Le Wagon.

• Anonymous • Entrepreneur • Graduate

What seduced me the most about Le Wagon was that I had the possibility to build an MVP during the batch and also the huge community of talented people (perfect to find collaborators with same background).

After the intensive 9 weeks, I can say that I fully reached my goals. I came to Le Wagon Barcelona to find a team and build a real product and the result was better than expected!

During the last two weeks of the program, we built Nokues  - a mobile solution to skip the lines in clubs, restaurants and supermarkets. We fully coded the MVP in 10 days and it's ready to be tested. Now we are working to bring it to the market very soon!

As my son said when he came to visit me one day to Le Wagon: "Daddy, this is the best job of the world".