Without the help of traditional loans and financial assistance, scholarships are important to students at programming bootcamps. Here is our definitive list of coding schools that offer coding scholarships. Scholarship specifics like amount and requirements are included where available.
Accurate as of March 21, 2017
Ada Developers Academy waives the full cost of tuition.
Grace Hopper Scholarship for Women in Technology. The $500 scholarship is applied to all women participating in Bitmaker’s immersive program – no application necessary.
The New Relic Diversity Scholarship in Software Development & Design offers $500 off tuition for women, minorities, and veterans.
The Women Who Code Bootcamp Scholarship offers a $1000 partial scholarship for women.
BrainStation offers merit-based scholarships and automatic scholarships for women and members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
The Diversity Scholarship Fund at Code Fellows offers 50-75% tuition scholarships to select women, veterans and minorities enrolled in Code 301 and 401 courses. Students must apply to be considered for the scholarship.
Scholarship grants to the under-represented demographic of women with $500 off tuition price.
The Women in Tech Scholarship offers up to $2000 in scholarship funds for applicants identifying as women.
Coding Dojo offers several scholarships for applicants.
1) The College Scholarship is intended for current college students and recent graduates who are either looking to enhance or change career paths for the better but lack the financial strength to do so. Awards up to $1500
2) The Career Reinvention Scholarship is intended for experienced professionals who have “hit a wall” and are eager to reinvent their careers, but are unable to afford the professional assistance to refine their skill sets. Awards up to $1000
3) The Military Retraining Scholarship is intended to assist military veterans and current servicemen/women to transition their careers to web software development. Awards up to $1500.
4) The Women in Tech Scholarship is intended for aspiring female computer programmers who require financial assistance to launch their careers. Awards up to $2000.
5) The Diversity Scholarship is intended to support and encourage underrepresented groups in the technology industry. Awards up to $1500.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation has awarded Access Funds to improve the economic security of eligible individuals who are provided training to receive high-quality SETM jobs. Individuals may receive up to the full tuition amount.
Dev Bootcamp offers $1500 scholarships to veterans, anyone who identifies as a woman, trans, gender queer, gender non-conforming and anyone who identifies as an ethnic minority.
The Elevate Scholarship Fund provides a $10k scholarship fund to new students. 25% of the funds are for women and the remaining 75% of funds are distributed based on need.
The Women in Tech and Diversity in Tech Scholarships offers50% off tuition.
1) Mobile Dev Corps is granted to New Yorkers with no professional web development experience, and a salary less than $50,000 per year. Flatiron School offers a free 16-week program with immersive class instruction.
2) Women Take Tech Initiative offers 50% off tuition scholarships to women in partnership with Birchbox.
3) Various scholarships to their Online Web Developer Program.
4) Apply By Pi Scholarship where applicants must apply before PI Day (March 14th).
1) $1,000 Ada Lovelace Scholarship for Women given to all female students.
2) $1,000 scholarship for veterans.
3) Needs-based partial scholarships for exceptional candidates who can demonstrate financial need.
4) The 50 States of Code fund offers a scholarship for their Remote Bootcamp Prep course.
5) $3,000 scholarship given to every immersive student at Fullstack Chicago.
Galvanize offers partial and full scholarships based on merit, demonstrated financial need, and increasing participation in technology among underrepresented groups such as women, veterans, minorities, and people who identify as LGBT.
General Assembly provides various scholarships through their Opportunity Fund. You cannot self-enroll in Opportunity Fund. Upon acceptance to a course students should ask their admissions producer for a fellowship application if interested.
Grand Circus offers diversity scholarships from $1000-$1500 for veterans, those identifying as a woman, African Americans, Chicano or Latino people, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and those who identify as LGBTQ.
1) The Hack Reactor Scholarship offers various scholarships to new applicants.
2) The Docker Scholarship program gives financial support and mentorship to 3 Hack Reactor students.
2) Facebook Diversity Full Scholarship for women who are a part of historically underrepresented groups.
3) New Relic Partial Scholarships for applicants who live in the Portland Metro area.
4) Hackbright Partial Scholarships for applicants with financial need.
The Recurse Center is free for everyone. Need-based grants available for living expenses for female programmers.
IronHack offers a 1000€ scholarship for women.
The Iron Yard tries to do everything in their power to help people gain access to tech education through various diversity scholarships.
1) The Iron Yard Diversity Scholarship & Military Personnel Scholarship offers $1000 off tuition.
2) The #YesWeCode Fund will offer $100 million in code school diversity scholarships.
3) The Study Soup Women in Technology Scholarship provides $1000 scholarship to women.
$500 scholarships for their Boston program for women and underrepresented minorities in tech. They sometimes announce full scholarships on their blog.
1) Significant discounts for students with an undergrad and graduate CS degree from an accredited college in the U.S.
2) $600 discounts for women and U.S. military veterans.
3) $500-$1000 early registration discounts.
£500 discount for women.
All women and underrepresented minorities (includes African Americans, Hispanic and Latino Americans, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans (American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians), Pacific Islanders, and mainland Puerto Ricans), and veterans or members of the U.S. military are eligible for a $3,000 scholarship to apply toward their tuition.
A limited number of scholarships are available for students from underrepresented groups like women and minorities.
Omaha Code School offer various scholarships for financial assistance.
RefactorU's Diversity Scholarship Program provides one $4000 scholarship and two $1300 scholarships.
RMOTR offers 25% off tuition for their online bootcamp for new applicants who identify as women and for applicants who are already current students at another educational program.
A limited number of needs-based scholarships and financing opportunities exist.
Self-identifying women and active or former US service members are eligible for $300 off each month of enrollment in Thinkful's Full Time Web Development Bootcamp and $100 per month for Thinkful's Flexible Web Development Bootcamp and Flexible Data Science Bootcamp. Thinkful Atlanta offers 5 scholarships of $3,000 towards either the Flexible or Full Time Web Development Bootcamp.
We Can Code IT has a $1,000 scholarship for women and African American, Hispanic American, or Native American students.
The Graduate Scholarship offers free tuition for trainees who work with We Got Coders for a period of 24 months.
Know of a scholarship that we should include? Let us know in the comments or email us!
Write a Verified Review. Win $500.
Submit your review by July 31, 2017!
Attend Flatiron School for Free!
Apply by June 21st to win this $15,000 scholarship. Yeah, you read that right.
17 Coding Bootcamp Housing Options
17 coding bootcamps which offer free or affordable housing for students learning to code.