Coding bootcamp tuition can range from $9,000 to $21,000, and without the help of traditional loans and financial assistance, scholarships are important to students. Below is our comprehensive list of over 35 bootcamps around the world that offer coding scholarships. Scholarship specifics like amount and requirements are included where available.
Can't get a scholarship? Most bootcamps also offer financing options, payment plans, and loan partnerships through companies like Earnest, Skills Fund, Pave, and Climb Credit in addition to scholarships and discounts for women, military veterans, and underrepresented groups.
Accurate as of September 2018. Listed in alphabetical order.
Ada Developers Academy waives the full cost of tuition.
Grace Hopper Scholarship for Women in Technology. The $500 scholarship is applied to all women participating in Bitmaker’s immersive program – no application necessary.
The New Relic Diversity Scholarship in Software Development & Design offers $500 off tuition for women, minorities, and veterans.
The Women Who Code Bootcamp Scholarship offers a $1000 partial scholarship for women.
BrainStation offers merit-based scholarships and automatic scholarships for women and members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
Carolina Code School and Facebook are offering 25 full-ride scholarships to attend their Web Development Immersive bootcamp.
Claim Academy offers various scholarships to meet funding needs.
1) $500 Women in Technology Scholarship
2) $1000 College Upgrade Scholarship
3) $500 Minority Scholarship
4) $500 Veteran Scholarship
The Diversity Scholarship Fund at Code Fellows offers 50-75% tuition scholarships to select women, veterans and minorities enrolled in Code 301 and 401 courses. Students must apply to be considered for the scholarship.
Scholarship grants to the under-represented demographic of women with $500 off tuition price.
The Women in Tech Scholarship offers up to $2000 in scholarship funds for applicants identifying as women.
Coding Dojo offers several scholarships for applicants.
1) The Military Retraining Scholarship is intended to assist military veterans and current servicemen/women to transition their careers to web software development. Awards up to $1500.
2) The Women in Tech Scholarship is intended for aspiring female computer programmers who require financial assistance to launch their careers. Awards up to $2000.
3) The Diversity Scholarship is intended to support and encourage underrepresented groups in the technology industry. Awards up to $1500.
All veterans and military spouses are eligible for large scholarships, which cover most of the $13,000 tuition cost.
1) Veteran & Spouses Partial Scholarships (everyone per cohort): median scholarship is $10,000
2) Women in Tech Full Scholarship (one per cohort): $13,000
3) Remote Attendance Full Scholarship (all Remote students): $13,000
4) Transgender Veteran Full Scholarship (one per cohort): $13,000
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation has awarded Access Funds to improve the economic security of eligible individuals who are provided training to receive high-quality STEM jobs. Individuals may receive up to the full tuition amount.
The Elevate Scholarship Fund provides a $10k scholarship fund to new students. 25% of the funds are for women and the remaining 75% of funds are distributed based on need.
The Women in Tech and Diversity in Tech Scholarships offers 50% off tuition.
The Builder Scholarship allows students to receive up to $1500 for the Immersive Program and up to $1000 for the Flex Program. And women and veterans are guaranteed an automatic tuition deduction.
1) Women Take Tech Initiative offers 50% off tuition scholarships to women in partnership with Birchbox.
2) Various scholarships to their Online Web Developer Program.
3) Apply By Pi Scholarship where applicants must apply before PI Day (March 14th).
1) $1,000 Ada Lovelace Scholarship for Women given to all female students.
2) $1,000 scholarship for veterans.
3) Needs-based partial scholarships for exceptional candidates who can demonstrate financial need.
4) The 50 States of Code fund offers a scholarship for their Remote Bootcamp Prep course.
5) $3,000 scholarship given to every immersive student at Fullstack Chicago.
Galvanize offers partial and full scholarships based on merit, demonstrated financial need, and increasing participation in technology among underrepresented groups such as women, veterans, minorities, and people who identify as LGBT.
General Assembly provides various scholarships through their Opportunity Fund. You cannot self-enroll in Opportunity Fund. Upon acceptance to a course, students should ask their admissions producer for a fellowship application if interested.
Grand Circus offers diversity scholarships from $1000-$1500 for veterans, those identifying as a woman, African Americans, Chicano or Latino people, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and those who identify as LGBTQ.
1) The Hack Reactor Scholarship offers various scholarships to new applicants.
2) The Docker Scholarship program gives financial support and mentorship to 3 Hack Reactor students.
1) Hackbright $2500 Partial Scholarships for applicants with financial need.
2) Women Who Code Partial Scholarships
3) New Relic Partial Scholarships for applicants who live in the Portland Metro area.
4) Lesbians Who Tech $5,000 Partial Scholarship
5) Girls In Tech $8,500 Partial Scholarship
The Recurse Center is free for everyone. Need-based grants available for living expenses for female programmers.
IronHack offers a 1000€ scholarship for women.
$500 scholarships for their Boston program for women and underrepresented minorities in tech. They sometimes announce full scholarships on their blog.
1) Significant discounts for students with an undergrad and graduate CS degree from an accredited college in the U.S.
2) $600 discounts for women and U.S. military veterans.
3) $500-$1000 early registration discounts.
If you identify as LGBTQ or gender nonconforming and you want to learn how to code – Lesbians Who Tech wants to fund your coding tuition by 50% with their Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship.
£500 discount for women.
All women and underrepresented minorities (includes African Americans, Hispanic and Latino Americans, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans (American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians), Pacific Islanders, and mainland Puerto Ricans), and veterans or members of the U.S. military are eligible for a $3,000 scholarship to apply toward their tuition.
A limited number of scholarships are available for students from underrepresented groups like women and minorities.
Omaha Code School offer various scholarships for financial assistance.
RMOTR offers 25% off tuition for their online bootcamp for new applicants who identify as women and for applicants who are already current students at another educational program.
Sabio offers $500 scholarships for courses and a $1500 Jill H. Mays Women in Tech Scholarship.
The Software Guild gives a $2000 Women in Tech Award for eligible females and a $2000 Veterans Who Code Award for eligible military personnel who are admitted into the full-time online coding bootcamp program or Louisville on-ground program.
A limited number of needs-based scholarships and financing opportunities exist.
Self-identifying women and active or former US service members are eligible for $300 off each month of enrollment in Thinkful's Full Time Web Development Bootcamp and $100 per month for Thinkful's Flexible Web Development Bootcamp and Flexible Data Science Bootcamp. Thinkful Atlanta offers 5 scholarships of $3,000 towards either the Flexible or Full Time Web Development Bootcamp.
We Can Code IT has a $1,000 scholarship for women and African American, Hispanic American, or Native American students.
The Graduate Scholarship offers free tuition for trainees who work with We Got Coders for a period of 24 months.
Wyncode also offers a $500 scholarship for active and former military personnel and their Women of Wyncode scholarship provides a $1000 discount.
- Ultimate Guide to Coding Bootcamp Loans and Financing
- Bootcamp Scholarships for Women
- Bootcamp Scholarships for Veterans
- Exclusive Course Report Bootcamp Scholarships
- 7 Tips to Financially Prepare for a Coding Bootcamp
- The Definitive List of Programming Bootcamp Scholarships
Know of a scholarship that we should include? Let us know in the comments or email us!
Meet our Winner: Byron from Epicodus
And find out how you can be our next sweepstakes winner!
8 Steps to Minimize Coding Bootcamp Debt
Learn how to make sure you don't end up with more debt than you need after coding bootcamp.
The GI Bill and Coding Bootcamps
In this podcast, we discuss the current status of using the GI Bill at coding bootcamps.