ut-austin-boot-camps-logo

UT Austin Boot Camps

Austin, Austin, Houston

UT Austin Boot Camps

UT Austin Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, 24-week, part-time data analytics, UX/UI, and cybersecurity courses, and 18-week, part-time digital marketing and project management courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

The boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. The school empowers expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. Students will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the bootcamps are part-time, they are designed for working professionals and learners who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Texas at Austin’s Center for Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics and visualization, UX/UI Design, Cybersecurity, Digital Marketing, or Product Management.

UT Austin Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UT Austin Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.72

all (78) reviews for UT Austin Boot Camps →

Recent UT Austin Boot Camps News

Read all (14) articles about UT Austin Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationAustin
    The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UT Austin is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    Tuition PlansPayment plan available
  • Data Analysis and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationAustin
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Payment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, SEO, Wordpress
    LocationAustin
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at Texas McCombs is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationAustin
    The Coding Boot Camp at UT Austin is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationAustin
    The Coding Boot Camp at UT Austin is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationAustin
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

Git, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, User Experience Design
    LocationAustin
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

• $500 UT Austin Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UT Austin Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Austin)
    • Data Analysis and Visualization - Part-Time (Austin)
    • All courses in Austin
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Austin)
    • All courses in Austin
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Austin)
    • All courses in Houston
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Austin)
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Austin)
  • Brian Lalli  User Photo
    Brian Lalli • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My degree is in Economics and my first job out of school was in NYC at a large financial institution. It was a great first job but I learned that I would thrive more in a startup culture at that time so I called my friend who was the CEO and Founder of Super Coffee and we met for coffee one morning. I told him I wanted to do what he was doing. Build something from the ground up. He thought I would be a great fit in Food & Beverage and two weeks later he offered me a job, which was to build an ecommerce Wholesale Program.

In this role, I loved identifying who my target audience was, pitching the products, gathering feedback, negotiating pricing and even some exclusive distribution agreements. In 6 months, we had over 500 SMB customers and brand partnerships with Barry's Bootcamp, Solidcore, & SoulCycle.

In March, 2020 our company signed a Master Distribution Agreement with Anheuser Busch InBev and I was promoted to Director of Brand Operations. My job was to serve as the singular interface between senior leadership at both companies. It was in this role that I discovered my passion for executing  start-to-end project plans that align with company priorities and synergize cross functional teams, key stakeholders, and workflows. After two wildly successful years, we accomplished the mission and fully integrated with AB InBev's systems, processes, and tech platforms and partnered with over 400 distributors nationwide selling over $100M in Super Coffee.

Around February 2022, I was in Pennsylvania visiting family and my dad and I were eating breakfast together. He's been programming for 40 years and it got me thinking. Why hadn't I ever thought to try? Genetically, maybe I'd be good?! The next morning, I was targeted with an ad on Twitter for UT Austin's Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp so I thought, what the hell, and applied. Sure enough, I was soon accepted and was pressed with a decision to make. After having conversations with my family and girlfriend, I decided to take the leap so I resigned from my job and enrolled.

We are just over the halfway point of the bootcamp and I can confidently say it was the right decision. This experience has been such a blessing in my life! It has given me the career clarity I needed. I intend on blending my experience as an enthusiastic and effective Project Manager with my blooming technical skillset to pivot into a Product Management position!

Overall, I've had such a positive experience with The Coding Boot Camp at UT Austin. Our instructor is wicked smart and breaks complicated concepts down in a way that allows us to internalize them easier. The rest of the instructional staff is top notch as well; and last but certainly not least, our Student Success Manager, who is always there for support! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my amazing tutor, who has played a huge role in my development as well.

My favorite aspect about the program is unequivocally my cohort. We have such a diverse, talented, kind, and fun group. I am super grateful for you all for organizing study groups to iron down tougher concepts, sending funny memes in Slack and Discord channels, and always being there to help.

Advice I would give to other prospective students to ensure success:

• Attend office hours regularly
    • Use the maximum number of tutoring sessions allowed
    • Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions
    • Be compassionate with yourself and your classmates
    • Track the amount of time you put in studying, researching, or doing homework outside of class. It motivates you to put in more time when you can see your performance visually.
    • Get started on the Career Services milestones early. At a minimum, ensure your LinkedIn profile and resume are optimized by the end of the bootcamp so you can apply to jobs immediately.
    • Don't be afraid to fail. This bootcamp isn't easy but with a positive, growth mindset, you can not only pass but excel!
    Thursday, Aug 04 2022
    Way to go, Brian! We appreciate you choosing our boot camp to pursue your interest in web development. Our entire team is truly devoted to enabling student success, so we're glad to hear you're benefiting from all their support. We strive to foster a collaborative and diverse classroom environment and it's great this has resonated with you. Great advice for prospective learners on attending office hours and tutoring sessions, asking questions, being compassionate with yourself and others, tracking your time, and taking advantage of career services. Congratulations on reaching the halfway point of the class! We can't wait to help you finish the program — happy studying.
  • Kelly Maluccio  User Photo
    Kelly Maluccio • Student Verified via GitHub
    This is an excellent boot camp to help improve and learn the basic skills needed to start a career in data science. Many useful topics are covered and the instructor does a great job going over the material in class. It is important that you keep up with the work, pay attention and participate (when possible) in class, and take advantage of the office hours for asking questions or getting work done. This is how you will make the most out of the course. Be sure to take advantage of career services as well. There is a career materials advisor who helps you with your resume and online presence for future employers and there are events you can attend to help with interview prep, networking and much more.
    Friday, Jun 03 2022
     Way to go, Kelly! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. We couldn't agree more with your advice on staying dedicated to your studies and taking advantage of all the available resources in order to truly succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Cybersecurity
    - 3/9/2022
    devi karthik  User Photo
    devi karthik • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended a 6 month cybersecurity bootcamp course offered by UT Austin. The instructor and the TA's were very helpful and guided us throughout the course. It is a challenging course but the instructor was encouraging and very patient in explaining the concepts in an understandable manner. They teach us lot of tools and concepts which makes it more interesting in every class. I never missed a single class since I was eager to learn all the tools. Overall it was an amazing experience and I learnt a lot during the duration of the course.
    Thursday, Mar 10 2022
    Thank you, Devi! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and enjoyed the progam. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Coding
    - 3/3/2022
    Sabrina Elkins  User Photo
    Sabrina Elkins • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was an amazing boot camp. We’ll set up, very well taken care of by the Instructors, TA’s, and Tutors. I’m excited to start my career in web development! Thank you UT Austin Bootcamp!!
    Friday, Mar 04 2022
    Way to go, Sabrina! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Paul Westmore  User Photo
    Paul Westmore • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This boot camp has been incredible, the skills and connections that I have been able to make have already begun to shine in my career.

I have been working as a software developer for 5 years, and so was already "in" the coding world, but I have been interested in expanding my career opportunities. I took this program specifically to build my foundation, as well as gain some new skills in SQL, data ETL, machine learning, and get more exposure to visualization tools like Tableau and Plotly. The choice to enroll in this class is already paying dividends as I was able to expand my role at my current company to include more data analysis.

The bootcamp moves pretty quickly, and having new projects every week is a tough schedule to stick to, but the volume of new tools, new languages, and increase in fundamentals that I gained in this class have made it all very worth the time investment. I particularly enjoyed the projects that centered in SQL, data cleaning, ETL, and machine learning. These are aspects of coding that I have always wanted to take a larger part in at my job, but felt unequipped for, but after this class, I have already begun taking on some of these sort of projects and been "wowing" my supervisors with the results.

I would recommend that anyone who is looking to get into data analytics, data visualization careers, or is just looking to strengthen their fundamentals in their career, to take this course. It moves at break neck speed at times, but the Instructors and TAs were always available to help, and offered great support and guidance. Working with the other students, and having study hours and test reviews in Slack and Discord were also very helpful.
    Tuesday, Feb 08 2022
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Paul! Thank you for choosing our program to further advance your technical skills. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous course that covers a wide range of technologies in a short amount of time. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to achieve amazing things with your newfound skillset.
  • Fox Rigney  User Photo
    Fox Rigney • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My UT Austin coding boot camp experience learning under Leah Nelson was one of the most rewarding yet challenging things I have ever done. Full time is as scary as it sounds but it really is a zero to hero experience with some of the best help you could have. Think of it as storming the beach of Normandy but it takes 3 months, I mean, I think the cost of freedom is worth it and so is your certification! I love this course because teamwork and developing connections is a MUST. Almost more important than the curriculum I would argue, you are put in situations where you must ask for help and band together which is an invaluable lesson. A quote I love to summarize this is from Marcus Aurelius saying, “Don’t be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you’ve been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what?”. This full time boot camp will break you in the best ways and you will learn much more than just how to be a full stack developer. Highly recommend.
    Friday, Jan 14 2022
    Way to go, Fox! It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team — we couldn't agree more that Leah is pretty fantastic. We're glad you enjoyed the teamwork and collaboration portion of the course. Great advice for prospective students on asking for additional assistance when needed. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • It's worth it
    - 12/15/2021
    Jayla Newton  User Photo
    Jayla Newton • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before boot camp, I had no experience coding at all. What lead me to apply was, let's be real here the money. I didn't know what to expect, especially since I had chosen to take the full-time course. The first two weeks went pretty well. When week 3 came along, I started freaking out. I felt like things were going way too fast, a major case of impostor syndrome, and just feeling completely overwhelmed. If it were not for the group of amazing people that had taken this course with me and the greatest instructor ever Leah Daniels Nelson, I would not have made it through this boot camp. If you decide to take on this challenge, ask questions, make friends, take advantage of your resources. You'll get mad, but that's a part of learning. Don't doubt yourself, and you may not completely understand something at first, and that's okay. It will be great.
    Friday, Dec 17 2021
    We appreciate your review, Jayla! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our team and made close connections with your classmates. We couldn't agree more that Leah is pretty fantastic. Great advice for interested students — asking questions, making friends, and taking advantage of your resources can definitely help you succeed. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
  • Rosa Gonzalez  User Photo
    Rosa Gonzalez • PGP-DSBA UT Austin Boot Camp Student • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The program is very well crafted with high quality videos that explain exceptionally well the concepts and with Python code that you can follow along with ease. I was delighted that there is a space below each recording where you can write your own notes to review later. The knowledge that you get from the videos is pure gold, clear, and easy to understand which is reinforced with the practice and graded quizzes. The mentoring sessions are excellent with highly qualified mentors who clarify all your doubts. The projects are 100% hands on, are very interesting, and come from real life situations. There is extra material that you can learn to broaden your Data Analytics/Statistics/Python knowledge. Overall, I would recommend this program without a doubt and enroll in another program from this school in the near future.
    Monday, Dec 13 2021
    Thank you, Rosa! We're glad you enjoyed the program and benefited from the class structure. Great job on taking advantage of the available resources including tutoring sessions. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your recommendation! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Product Manager
    - 9/27/2021
    Allan Gonzalez  User Photo
    Allan Gonzalez • Product Manager • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    What led me to this bootcamp was my desire to gain foundational and core understanding for my role in Product Management. I made the lateral move towards product management, so my only formal training was on-the-job experience. My experience at the UT Austin Product Management Boot Camp was exactly what I needed in order to gain a deeper understanding of my role and how to continue growing and add value to my current employer's needs as an educated and experience Product Manager. My favorite aspect of the boot camp was the hands-on learning in the form of weekly challenges as well as diverse and versatile curriculum. I was easily able to implement all teachings literally the next day at work. My personal advice to those considering the program is to take the plunge and do it without fear. Doing so will make you better prepared for any roles related to Product Management.
    Thursday, Sep 30 2021
    Amazing, Allan! It's great to hear you benefited from the hands-on curriculum and were able to further advance your skillset. Great advice for prospective students — being committed to your studies will truly pay off. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Coding
    - 2/13/2021
    Mio Leiber  User Photo
    Mio Leiber • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated from the bootcamp in August 2020. I came to the United States from Japan in January 2020 and decided to take the course without English proficiency. At first, I was worried if I could take the course because my English was low, but the instructors and assistants helped me a lot. In addition, it was very easy to do because many students helped me, even though I could hardly speak English in the class activities. After class, I asked the tutor what I didn't understand. The tutor I always chose was very reliable.However, since I had no knowledge of this field, the hurdles for learning in English were very high. I used to work in data analysis in Japan. I had knowledge of attitude programming, but learning a programming language that I didn't know at all was not as easy as I expected. However, I plan to continue studying by using videos to review the creation of the e-commerce site that I had dreamed of making so far.

Thursday, Feb 18 2021
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Mio! We're glad to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and benefited not only from the support of our entire team but from your classmates as well. Great advice for interested students—taking advantage of all available resources, like tutoring, will definitely help you better understand the course material. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
  • Ana Ortiz  User Photo
    Ana Ortiz • Marketing Coordinator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a Marketing Coordinator, I was working on a project that included SEO, a new website, google analytics, and so on, but I was lost. When working on this project I felt that I was tackling unchartered territory and I was uncomfortable doing this project because I knew half of what I was working on was completely out of my knowledge box. LinkedIn had an ad that I clicked on and I realized that I could learn all of the information I had no idea about and got to work.
    Friday, Jan 15 2021
    Way to go, Ana! Thank you for choosing our program to further develop your digital marketing skills. It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and successfully learned the fundamentals to accelerate your career. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Cristino Perez  User Photo
    Cristino Perez • Sotftware Developer (as of January 4th, 2021 • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I cannot speak highly enough about my time in this course and how beneficial it has been to me. Even in the midst of the COVID pandemic, the education I received was top notch (my instructor and TA were Paul Viola and Tay Mai, respectively; both were excellent). I went into this course having very little technical background - I have worked as a manual QA tester for 3 years where I have been exposed to some C# and a good bit of the fundamental querying with SQL using SSMS, but I had virtually zero coding foundation otherwise (not even so much as html or css). That said, I got hired for my first software developer position a couple of weeks before even graduating the course.

The course is very difficult, moves at a very rapid pace, and you will need a lot of time outside of the classroom to dedicate to researching and navigating homework assignments and projects. However, if you're looking at development as a career, I can't imagine many or any stronger candidates for helping to build you up than this program.
    Monday, Jan 04 2021
    Thank you, Cristino! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire team and couldn't agree more that Paul and Tay are all pretty fantastic. Like you mentioned, this program does require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom so we commend all your hard work these past few months. Congratulations on successfully graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.