v-school-logo

V School

Beirut, Cape Coast, Online, Provo, Salt Lake City

V School

V School is a technology school in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs, in full stack web development and experience design (XD). V School’s mission is to refactor edtech so that students learn hard and soft skills to assist them in finding a more fulfilling career. Curricula is created by industry thought leaders to meet the needs of the industry. The V School staff to student ratio is 1:8, and the full stack program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js) and front end web development. Experience design includes UX, UI and related Adobe programs.

V School offers free student housing, discounted public transit, a laptop rental program, a number of scholarships and creative funding options; including an income share agreement where students pay back tuition after they get a job. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes and provides students with access to lifetime career support, co-working environments, and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (52) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (11) articles about V School →
  • Experience Design (FT)

User Experience Design
    Salt Lake City
    Never before has the design + education communities come together in a more electric way! Introducing V School’s User Experience Design Course. We have literally assembled the founders / creators at some of the best creative agencies in the country, to create a curriculum + teach the design concepts that are leading the industry. V School’s skill-builder (part-time) course is engineered for the individual within the design or frontend development fields looking to make a switch to UX Design or level-up their overall skills. As a designer you will learn the essentials of wireframing, prototyping, testing and how the UX process fits into the design and development workflow. As a developer, you will leave with a solid understanding of how user experience and design inform the structure of great apps. All students will leave with a robust portfolio project including wireframes, user data and a clickable prototype of an interactive project.
    $500
    $1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
    Beginner
    Interview
  • Full Stack JavaScript (FT)

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    Salt Lake City
    The Full Stack JavaScript Web Development course is a 12 Week, 600 hour, immersive approach to both front and back end development through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery and React.js. Students are trained in understanding, manipulating, creating and querying databases and APIs, client-side development including responsive web design and dynamic interfaces, and basic Agile/SCRUM Project Management. Students are also trained and coached in best practices for finding employment in the tech industry including resume work, networking, technical interviewing and more. Completion of this course will require at least 95% attendance and a brief, final website presentation during the last week of the course. V School adheres to a Pass/Fail grading policy. Graduates of this course will receive a Full Stack JavaScript Web Development certificate of completion. Students meet both Online and In Person, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain Time for 12 weeks.
    $500
    Climb Credit: https://climbcredit.com/Skills Fund https://vschool.skills.fundPave: http://pave.com/
    Beginner
    30 hours of basic HTML/CSS and JavaScript study + Coding Project proving understanding of these concepts to be evaluated by an instructor before attending the course.
    Interview

• Duc Pham  User Photo
    Duc Pham • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Graduated from this coding bootcamp in January and got a job offer after a month, which was such a crazy achievement for me and I couldn't be more grateful to this school for helping me achieved that.

The shcool has a top-notch curriculum and they constantly update their contents to catch up with today's technology.The instructors demonstrated their expertise in the field of technology, and are willing to go the extra mile as to work on the weekends just to help students catch up with their assignments and doesn't hesitate to refresh when a student does not grasp certain concepts and methodology (shout out to Nate, Marcus and Ben - thank you for being patient with me throughout my coding journey)

I truly appreciate the time that I had spent here and without it I wouldn't be where I am today. My best 2 cents for you is to invest in yourself as well as your career since it is never considered as a bad investment.

• Ryan Pettingill  User Photo
    Ryan Pettingill • Web Developer at Pettingill Industries • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The product this company brings to Utah is absolutely top notch. The mindful teachers and other cooperative faculty work hard every day to provide an excellent learning experience. The skills I have learned here about Website Development surpass anything I could have learned at a traditional 4-year University. Choosing this school may have been the best decision I have ever made to seriously change my career path. I feel well set up for my career as a Web Dev.

• Mark Smith  User Photo
    Mark Smith • Software Engineer at Lean-Techniques • Student Verified via GitHub

Graduated yesterday with multiple offers, and doubled my income after taking a job in my home town as a software engineer.

My experience here was awesome. Ben really knew his stuff, and had a way of teaching that resonated well with the way we all learned.

I used the G.I Bill, and the free housing made it possible for me to come while still affording to keep my family home and housed.

Pro Tip: Listen to what Mary (The outcomes coordinator) tells you to do in your job search. It works. I'm proof.

There is definitely an element of doing stuff outside the curricculum, but I expected that. (there's no way anyone can learn everything about development in three months if all you do is the lecture stuff). Put in the work and you'll be fine. Those of us who embraced this did extremely well. It's safe to say that if you aren't that kind of person, you might want to think of making a different career switch.

Housing was super nice, no complaints there at all. It was a cut above my place back home.

If you're on the fence, make the leap. I'm beyond glad I did. Before this, I was a security guard working the graveyard shift for barely above minimum wage. I wish I was kidding.

No regrets at all.

• Royden  User Photo
    Royden • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

1 star down for poor housing. Highly recommend the school if you are from Utah & don’t intend to stay in the free housing provided. I came from Arizona & was told that it was safe to park at the streets on my first day, but my car was broken into and my things were stolen. I was also involved in a hit-&-run while riding a bicycle as well. Very sketchy neighbourhood. Complaints were made but unresponsive.

Apart from housing, V school have the absolute best instructors, mentors and career advisors. They are willing to spend extra time and effort to explain the complexity related to coding rather than just asking you to Google. Instructor Ben makes sure that you understand the materials that are being taught, and explains the logic behind coding in a way that even a beginner can understand. The school is also open to students on the weekends as well, and sometimes instructors will be there to assist students who need extra help. I truly appreciate the instructors who have helped me learn so much in these 3 months. I could not have done it without the support of the instructors, and my classmates.

If I were to retake the course, I would have stayed somewhere else & attend school in-person so that I won’t have to worry about my car and maximize my ability to learn, especially since it is an intensive bootcamp.

• Christian Lopez  User Photo
    Christian Lopez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having recently graduated from their Full-Stack JavaScript course, I can tell you that once you finish this class, you will have the neccessary skillset to get a job.

V School teaches you the latest and most popular technologies and you get to have a few projects under your belt to show to potential employers.

You learn a lot of material in a short amount of time, so you need to put in the extra work outside of the classroom on your own time to really be successful, but the instructors will always be there if you get stuck.

The staff and instructors are some of the nicest and coolest people you'll meet.

I would not be where I am now with my level of knowledge without V School and I'm glad to have made this investment in my career!

• Laney  User Photo
    Laney • na • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated with V-School’s February Cohort and have nothing but positive things to say about this school. Their entire staff are amazing people who ACTUALLY care about their students. No only do they care if you are learning, but they care on a personal level how you are doing. If you need anything at all, Chelbie is always available to help or listen.

Code is not easy to learn, especially if you are switching careers. This is where I was at, with a background in marketing and zero coding knowledge. I was extremely intimidated, but each day with the lessons and curriculum provided felt more and more capable of learning new and difficult things like React, Javascript, etc.

What helped the most was having instructors who were always willing to help, even if it meant staying late or coming on the weekends for a review session. Ben, who was our main instructor, took the time to get to know us and invested his own time to ensure we were learning and also listened to feedback to see if there were areas he could improve. On top of this, he was like a personal cheerleader and support system for us. Bob, who also taught, would spend time with us on the weekend if we wanted an additional study group or review session.

In addition to the instructors, V School attracts other students and people who overall want to improve and learn. This created a perfect environment for growth without feeling dumb or intimidated.

Lastly, the languages and technology V school teaches is up to date and they were always speaking to the community and staying up on news to see if their programs would prepare someone for a career right away. Sariah provides weekly industry and career updates, as well as helps you find a job. They also are reviewed and work with Adobe for the Digital Academy Program.

If you want to learn to code, go through V School.  I have made friends and built a family here that I can rely on throughout my career and wouldn’t have wished it any other way. :)

• V School Rocks!
    - 10/31/2017
    Nathan Mihu  User Photo
    Nathan Mihu • Front End Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

V School was the best decision I have made in my life, career wise.  I was able to avoid the time and debt of a major college degree, and get started earning real world working experience.  I am a bit of an exception to the rule as I was able to procure my first post school job starting the Monday after classes ended, however, I believe anyone who has a drive to make it and push themselves to be better will get the skills necessary to go out and become a powerhouse in the workforce.

- 10/12/2017
    AJ  User Photo
    AJ • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

V School was great!  I loved the instructors, the lessons, and the culture.  I had a great time and I'm amazed at what I know now vs three months ago.  Loved the whole experience.

• Patrick  User Photo
    Patrick • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Coding Campus is a great bootcamp. Although it had its flaws when I went and I don't feel like the instruction was the best it could have been, it prepared me and taught me what it takes to make a career in software development. (Since I attended they have worked out the kinks in their instruction) The instructors were very knowledgeable and the focus on getting you job-ready was very helpful. I was able to find a Web Development position after graduation, and for that I am grateful. The bootcamp is not easy, but it's worth it if you want to make a career in software development.

100% worth it, and would do it again.

• Radwan Khabbaz  User Photo
    Radwan Khabbaz • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

this bootcamp we have learned many of tools/languages like HTML - CSS - JAVASCRIPT - JQUERY - NODEJS - ANGULAR - EXPRESS - MONGODB in addition we start in REACT .

This tools and languages was very useful for my programing life and I think will be like that in my economic life.

• Awesome!
    - 1/27/2017
    Ben Turner  User Photo
    Ben Turner • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about 3 weeks in but am very satisfied so far. My expectations going in were to learn valuable and relevant coding skills, build a network, and create a professional portfolio and resume that will guarantee employment afterwards. I have no doubt that these will be fulfilled based on my progress so far. The projects are difficult but manageable. There is plenty of assistance. The curriculum is clearly geared toward building a job-ready portfolio/resume. It is clear that the academic advisors care about your individual career path. I don't expect to be given everything, but am impressed with the facilitation V School provides. Highly recommended. I will post another review upon graduation.

• V School cares!!!
    - 1/27/2017
    Gabe  User Photo
    Gabe • Student Verified via GitHub

They actually care that you learn the programs that they teach, and they will always take the time to teach you if you are falling behind. Weekends or holidays, it doesn't matter. If you ask them to help you out because you have a problem, they will do whatever they can to make sure that you are understanding the material.

• Bob Ziroll  User Photo
    Bob Ziroll • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I earned a degree from Brigham Young University in Communications (advertisign emphasis) and got to a point where I was simply tired of 1) promoting other people's great ideas (or even their terrible ideas) and 2) spending all my effort selling people things they didn't really need or want. I came to a point where I needed a change, and my previous interest and dabbling with code aligned perfectly with an opportunity that arose to attend the Coding Campus course.

Coding Campus, unlike some other schools, is tailored to those who have little to no experience in progrmaming. There is a fair amount of pre-course work to be accomplished, mostly the Codecademy HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python courses. The first few weeks of the course are spent more heavily on instruciton and paired learning, all the while working on a portfolio and your first real web app project. After those weeks, however, the learning shifts to almost completely project-based learning, with mentoring, help, and answers provided by real-world, very smart developers. Coding Campus' sister company, Verisage, has a number of developers at the students' disposal for answering questions and giving any kind of help needed. After a series of projects, the course then culminates in a final project that is for a real client.

The only reason I give the Curriculum (and hence the overall experience) one less star has to do with unexpected circumstances. A combination of changeups in the curriculum, one of our project's clients falling through, and my classmates starting to "check out" early led to a situation where the final week of class was less productive than we originally had anticipated. However, these factors don't seem to be the fault of Coding Campus as much as external factors that were out of their control.

I'm not working as a developer for Coding Campus' sister company Verisage, and although it's still difficult and my jounrey of learning is still very much at the beginning, when I look back at my knowledge prior to Coding Campus, I realize I alone would have never been able to spend the time and energy it takes to get my first job as a developer.

And that's what Coding Campus is all about - arming students with the knowledge and beginning experience they need to get a job as a developer.

• Amazing
    - 7/3/2019
    Wayne Navolt • Graduate
    You will learn multiple languages. You will struggle until, that ah ha moment happens and when it does click. Magic! The teachers will help you at any moment, your classmates will help. The culture this school exudes is second to none
  • Dane Patricks • Owner (Cottonwood Carriages LLC)

My journey into a full stack dev boot-camp was interesting, if not somewhat discouraging to start, but lets start at the beginning… I began my journey at Helio Training.  I attended for a week and 3 days, in which time I felt very lost and like it was me that wasn’t grasping on to what was being spoken about. It was like there was no set curriculum to follow and pass off. I felt confused and frankly, sorta pissed off. My intuition was firing hard and screaming at me to look beyond the scope and take an interview with another full stack school that has all the values and essentials one needs to pursue this endeavor.  After reading countless review boards and write ups, I found my nest. V-SCHOOL!!! I won’t lie, boot-camps are tough! BUT, you CAN do it!  Not only can you do it, but you can really extend your network beyond the boot-camp and really reap the rewards of all V-School has to offer. This extends far beyond the core-curriculum (which I might add is ON-POINT and I am highly impressed given I have the perspective). The lectures are straight-forward and classrooms are immaculate. From the chair up, truly, three cheers for the best ergonomic chair award that i’ve ever encountered at ANY school! A dual monitor to plug into that moves up and down, etc. The instructors give their lecture live (writing code and showing you what it is doing in real-time) on the big screen while students follow along a very well written topic outline (that later can be referenced for the assignments). I am so grateful I followed my gut. I feel so motivated and like I am in the right place now that truly cares about their students well-being and success.  The instructors KNOW what they are talking about.  When you ask a question, it gets answered and in a way that you understand. Again, this 3 month venture is going to be strenuous, mind-bending and rigorous, but the end results are clear. 7 students just last month received internships with Adobe, multiple others with other companies both local and out-of-state. These are facts and V-School stands behind their word that they will get you to the next step.  It’s all about what YOU want and how hard YOU want to work to achieve this end result.  The student:instructor ratio makes everything amazing as far as asking for help and getting 1-on-1 attention.  They never make you feel dumb or scared to ask for help.  You feel like you are part of a family at V-School.  Families take care of each other and the V-School Fam is no different. Student housing is a mere 2 blocks away (Brigham Apartments)**amazing location**, eliminating the need for public transit.  There are endless places to eat and grab whatever you need within a .5 radius in every direction. The vibe is radiant and the aesthetic.. Well, let’s just say I was sold the moment I walked off the elevator.  It’s eccentric and modern, yet nestled in the heart of downtown salt lake, the location “buzzes” like a hive (hypothetically, all the lights are LED panels). If you are thinking of pursuing a boot-camp for Full Stack Javascript or UI / UX, don’t pass up the opportunity to see for yourself what being a member of the V-School Family is all about. I am so grateful I did. I feel at home. I’m confident in my instructors ability to make sure we ALL understand the concepts.  I am truly “getting IT”.  BONUS!! V-School provides yoga twice per week to ease the spirit and decompress the mind & body.  Their parking is amazingly convenient and safe.  The staff is wonderful, I am so happy with my decision to invest in my future at V-School.  I know I made the right choice. Thanks V-School! Happy Coding!!!

• Kit Masaracchia • Web Developer • Graduate

It’s the curriculum and the community that shine at V School. While no 12-week course is a substitute for 1-2 years of experience, this curriculum provides a solid, professional-grade foundation for those seeking to make a career change.

The Instructors are knowledgeable and patient, and like everyone else in the V School community (including administration, career guidance, and V School alums) they have a genuine desire to support students and see them succeed.

V School helped me to take my basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Javascript and learn the foundations of front and backend web development. The second half of the program is dedicated to getting students up and running in a Javascript framework (React, at the time of my enrollment). V School makes great effort to stay at the cutting edge of a fast-paced, quickly evolving industry. The program’s timely switch from Angular to React proved to be an asset when I began my job hunt. Even coming in to a company as an intern, my knowledge and experience with a newer, in-demand framework made me in demand.

v School helped me to change my life and I highly recommend this program to anyone looking at Bootcamps.

• Nate Jensen • Web Developer • Graduate

I recently graduated from the full-stack javascript course ( MERN stack ) that V School offers in downtown SLC Ut. The people at V school have an honest interest in your success, and it's obvious in the way they teach and run their program.

There is no substitue to the type of jumpstart that V school gave me.  I was hesitant to spend money on school again as I had already received a 4 year degree, but this was so worth it.  I have graduated from a program with a set of skills that are in-demand and valuable. The coursework is constantly being adapted and updated to current industry trends and practices, which was one of my big problems when taking tutorials.  Along with learning a great deal in my 12 weeks, I am now apart of a community of fellow web developers that are warm and accepting.

• Developer
    - 10/31/2017
    Shan Miller • Developer • Graduate

V School is an engaging school with all the utilities to jumpstart a successful and lucrutive career. The curriculum is constantly being modified and updated to reflect the modern standards of its respective industry.

• Great experience
    - 8/1/2017
    Tabarak Al-Musawi • Graduate

Going into this program has been one of the best life decisions I have made.
    I absolutely enjoyed learning how to code, this course has been extremely informative.
    Also, the staff at V School are welcoming, helpful, friendly and always available to chat and ask questions if you need to.

• Methaq • Senior Architect &Web Development • Graduate
    V school is really awesome. It is the right place where you can learn coding and to became a developer. It is hard and challenging but it deserves. V school deserves 5 stars and even more! Thanks for all team, Thanks Joe, Ben and Jacob.
  • Simone • HTML/CSS Production Specialist • Graduate

I began my search for bootcamps not long before finding V School. I traveled from the east coast to Salt Lake City because they provided housing, were prepared to answer all of my questions, and reassured me that I was ready after completing my precourse project. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at V School. They are successful in creating a tight knit community of students and alumi. The provide access to the school space 24/7 which encouraged me to take full advantage of all they had to offer. Evenings and weekends were spent with current and former students learning coding and working on projects. They allow each cohort to . kind of mentor the next which was a definite plus! To be honest, you will get out of it what you put in. V School goes above and beyond to include you into the tech community within all of Utah and provides ample opportunity for you to grow as a developer. I would HIGHLY reccommend V School!

- 5/27/2017
    Mohammed Al-Musawi • Graduate

When I registered for the V-School Full-Stack course the only things I knew were HTML and CSS. But now I am glad to say that I graduated as Full-Stack JavaScript Web Developer, and it's all thanks to V-School, the curriculim is well written, also the way the way they teach you these new languages and frameworks is just perfect, and the thing that I liked the most about this course is the how they teach how to improve and learn new techonolgy on your own, which is really important because technology is constantly changing.

• Amazing Family
    - 5/24/2017
    Sendus Majanni • Student

After more than 20 weeks of coding, finally I am v school graduate. The program that I was given was more intellectual than only being academic. This school with its curriculum and its instructors, with its style had altered my life to the better. Regarding the content of the course, I didn’t only learn how to code in java script and how to be a junior web-developer, but also how to have the problem-solving mentality, how to think logically and rationally, how to deal with everything as case and I get credits if I solve it, and how to get rid of all the fears. Also, regarding the way of teaching, this class thought me how to be dependent in my education and how to be committed to my education without having the stress of the grades and the stress of the exams. It taught me how to be not ashamed of having no idea about something I love to learn. The idea of vocational training and then certifying the students in Full Stack and making them eligible to work even if as freelancers amazed me and took me to the class every day at 6:00 pm though all the fatigue. It gave me hope and opened my eyes to a lot of change that needs to be done and can actually be done by commitment, patience, ambition, and creativity. This class is one of the best things that happened to me and I’m grateful that I had the chance to join this wonderful family.

• Beirut Course
    - 5/24/2017
    Omar Kassem Saad • Student

V school for me as a personal review and my experience with them is a 5 star rated educational program  where you learn how to think and become a real programmer and a better future developer and team member or leader. Its a family of production in all the ways