v-school-logo

V School

V School

V School is an end-to-end career preparation academy for code and design in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs. V School has pioneered an outcomes-optimized education model called Responsive Learning, that moves the goal posts from "graduation" to gainful employment in the industry of study. Each V school program includes dedicated phases of 1) skill acquisition, 2) on the job experience, and 3) career training so that every student with high aptitude and drive is able to transition into a successful career in the tech industry.

Curricula is tailored to the needs of the industry and alumni receive lifetime career support in order to achieve the best outcomes. V School maintains a staff/student ratio of 1:8 to provide a high touch, immersive learning experience. The Web Development program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js), and front end web development. The Experience Design program includes UX, UI, research, analytics, and current industry tools (Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs).

V School believes that learning should be inclusive to be most impactful, and offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is proud to have their programs approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One third of V School’s staff are veterans, and one third of V School’s students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with co-working environments and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (55) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (17) articles about V School →
  • UX/UI Design

User Experience Design, Design
    OnlineFull Time36 Weeks
    Handcrafted to meet the needs of the industry. You’ll learn the necessary skills, tools, and methods to create meaningful experiences that go far beyond visual design – taking into consideration the user's emotional connection with the product or brand. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to become a flexible, collaborative, effective user experience designer that’ll be ready to one-inch punch any problem that comes your way. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansUpfront Payment, Scholarships, Income Share Agreement, Student Loans, G. I. Bill® Approved
    ScholarshipWe've launched $1M community relief fund available to those needing to re-skill for a career in tech. Apply today to receive the $4,000 scholarship toward tuition for our web development and UX/UI design online programs.
  • Web Development

Our Full-Stack JavaScript program has been handcrafted to provide you real-world experience. We've worked with leaders across the globe to ensure that our curriculum is up-to-date and in line with the current and future needs of the industry. This isn’t time-based where you receive a certificate by sitting through hours of curriculum. With mastery-based learning, you will become job-ready and succeed through the program by proving your skills and ability to apply them in a real-world setting. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Prep WorkSchedule call with our admissions team for next steps.

• $500 V School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive V School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• UX/UI Design (Online)
    • Web Development (Online)
  • Duc Pham  User Photo
    Duc Pham • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Graduated from this coding bootcamp in January and got a job offer after a month, which was such a crazy achievement for me and I couldn't be more grateful to this school for helping me achieved that.

The shcool has a top-notch curriculum and they constantly update their contents to catch up with today's technology.The instructors demonstrated their expertise in the field of technology, and are willing to go the extra mile as to work on the weekends just to help students catch up with their assignments and doesn't hesitate to refresh when a student does not grasp certain concepts and methodology (shout out to Nate, Marcus and Ben - thank you for being patient with me throughout my coding journey)

I truly appreciate the time that I had spent here and without it I wouldn't be where I am today. My best 2 cents for you is to invest in yourself as well as your career since it is never considered as a bad investment.

• Ryan Pettingill  User Photo
    Ryan Pettingill • Web Developer at Pettingill Industries • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The product this company brings to Utah is absolutely top notch. The mindful teachers and other cooperative faculty work hard every day to provide an excellent learning experience. The skills I have learned here about Website Development surpass anything I could have learned at a traditional 4-year University. Choosing this school may have been the best decision I have ever made to seriously change my career path. I feel well set up for my career as a Web Dev.

• Mark Smith  User Photo
    Mark Smith • Software Engineer at Lean-Techniques • Student Verified via GitHub

Graduated yesterday with multiple offers, and doubled my income after taking a job in my home town as a software engineer.

My experience here was awesome. Ben really knew his stuff, and had a way of teaching that resonated well with the way we all learned.

I used the G.I Bill, and the free housing made it possible for me to come while still affording to keep my family home and housed.

Pro Tip: Listen to what Mary (The outcomes coordinator) tells you to do in your job search. It works. I'm proof.

There is definitely an element of doing stuff outside the curricculum, but I expected that. (there's no way anyone can learn everything about development in three months if all you do is the lecture stuff). Put in the work and you'll be fine. Those of us who embraced this did extremely well. It's safe to say that if you aren't that kind of person, you might want to think of making a different career switch.

Housing was super nice, no complaints there at all. It was a cut above my place back home.

If you're on the fence, make the leap. I'm beyond glad I did. Before this, I was a security guard working the graveyard shift for barely above minimum wage. I wish I was kidding.

No regrets at all.

• Royden  User Photo
    Royden • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

1 star down for poor housing. Highly recommend the school if you are from Utah & don’t intend to stay in the free housing provided. I came from Arizona & was told that it was safe to park at the streets on my first day, but my car was broken into and my things were stolen. I was also involved in a hit-&-run while riding a bicycle as well. Very sketchy neighbourhood. Complaints were made but unresponsive.

Apart from housing, V school have the absolute best instructors, mentors and career advisors. They are willing to spend extra time and effort to explain the complexity related to coding rather than just asking you to Google. Instructor Ben makes sure that you understand the materials that are being taught, and explains the logic behind coding in a way that even a beginner can understand. The school is also open to students on the weekends as well, and sometimes instructors will be there to assist students who need extra help. I truly appreciate the instructors who have helped me learn so much in these 3 months. I could not have done it without the support of the instructors, and my classmates.

If I were to retake the course, I would have stayed somewhere else & attend school in-person so that I won’t have to worry about my car and maximize my ability to learn, especially since it is an intensive bootcamp.

• Christian Lopez  User Photo
    Christian Lopez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having recently graduated from their Full-Stack JavaScript course, I can tell you that once you finish this class, you will have the neccessary skillset to get a job.

V School teaches you the latest and most popular technologies and you get to have a few projects under your belt to show to potential employers.

You learn a lot of material in a short amount of time, so you need to put in the extra work outside of the classroom on your own time to really be successful, but the instructors will always be there if you get stuck.

The staff and instructors are some of the nicest and coolest people you'll meet.

I would not be where I am now with my level of knowledge without V School and I'm glad to have made this investment in my career!

• Laney  User Photo
    Laney • na • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated with V-School’s February Cohort and have nothing but positive things to say about this school. Their entire staff are amazing people who ACTUALLY care about their students. No only do they care if you are learning, but they care on a personal level how you are doing. If you need anything at all, Chelbie is always available to help or listen.

Code is not easy to learn, especially if you are switching careers. This is where I was at, with a background in marketing and zero coding knowledge. I was extremely intimidated, but each day with the lessons and curriculum provided felt more and more capable of learning new and difficult things like React, Javascript, etc.

What helped the most was having instructors who were always willing to help, even if it meant staying late or coming on the weekends for a review session. Ben, who was our main instructor, took the time to get to know us and invested his own time to ensure we were learning and also listened to feedback to see if there were areas he could improve. On top of this, he was like a personal cheerleader and support system for us. Bob, who also taught, would spend time with us on the weekend if we wanted an additional study group or review session.

In addition to the instructors, V School attracts other students and people who overall want to improve and learn. This created a perfect environment for growth without feeling dumb or intimidated.

Lastly, the languages and technology V school teaches is up to date and they were always speaking to the community and staying up on news to see if their programs would prepare someone for a career right away. Sariah provides weekly industry and career updates, as well as helps you find a job. They also are reviewed and work with Adobe for the Digital Academy Program.

If you want to learn to code, go through V School.  I have made friends and built a family here that I can rely on throughout my career and wouldn’t have wished it any other way. :)

• V School Rocks!
    - 10/31/2017
    Nathan Mihu  User Photo
    Nathan Mihu • Front End Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

V School was the best decision I have made in my life, career wise.  I was able to avoid the time and debt of a major college degree, and get started earning real world working experience.  I am a bit of an exception to the rule as I was able to procure my first post school job starting the Monday after classes ended, however, I believe anyone who has a drive to make it and push themselves to be better will get the skills necessary to go out and become a powerhouse in the workforce.

- 10/12/2017
    AJ  User Photo
    AJ • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

V School was great!  I loved the instructors, the lessons, and the culture.  I had a great time and I'm amazed at what I know now vs three months ago.  Loved the whole experience.

• Patrick  User Photo
    Patrick • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Coding Campus is a great bootcamp. Although it had its flaws when I went and I don't feel like the instruction was the best it could have been, it prepared me and taught me what it takes to make a career in software development. (Since I attended they have worked out the kinks in their instruction) The instructors were very knowledgeable and the focus on getting you job-ready was very helpful. I was able to find a Web Development position after graduation, and for that I am grateful. The bootcamp is not easy, but it's worth it if you want to make a career in software development.

100% worth it, and would do it again.